Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump has trapped himself on Iran

The Paleocon view:

"Trump’s renunciation of the Iran nuclear deal is mostly about Israel and its perceived security requirements. Not only must Iran not have a single nuclear weapon, it must not have the theoretical capability to produce a weapon, were the Iranians to break from their pledges under the Non-Proliferation Treaty and the JCPOA. This imposes a requirement on the Islamic Republic that no other medium-sized power has had to endure. That the Iranians are bearers of an ancient civilization makes the humiliation all the more painful. Those 12 demands were not designed to produce a settlement; they were designed to produce a crisis, as they now have done. Regime change lies back of them—that or simply the immiseration of another Muslim country. "

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9September 19, 2019 11:59 AM

Iran doesn't need nuclear weapons to dominate and control. The Mullahs have plenty of money to finance and arm proxies to do it for them. See Hezbullah, Hamas, Assad, Houthis, Erdogan and the Al Thanis for details.

by Anonymousreply 1September 19, 2019 11:05 AM

r1 None of this would prevent an illegal invasion of Iran à la Iraq War.

Iran has some control over Hezbollah. Over Hamas, however? Hamas ditched Assad when the Syrian civil war started. As for the idea that the Houthis and Erdogan (!!!) are in the pocket of Iran, you're a lunatic. The Syrian civil war is as bad as it is for Assad and Iran thanks in large part to Erdogan's support for Jihadis.

by Anonymousreply 2September 19, 2019 11:08 AM

R2 Everyone is entitled to an opinion. No matter how utterly clueless it is. As you've demonstrated.

by Anonymousreply 3September 19, 2019 11:24 AM

Did Iran REALLY bomb Saudi oil installations? Or is that a false flag. I can't see Iran doing this. Quite stupid if they did.

by Anonymousreply 4September 19, 2019 11:49 AM

The Houthis did it, but the US is lying that it was Iran because that's what Republicans do when they're in charge of Middle Eastern policy.

by Anonymousreply 5September 19, 2019 11:53 AM

He had a career at 8?

[quote]my sister raped me from the age of 10 to 13 years old when she wasn’t on her medications and I was absused not only sexually by her but by my first two back up dancers when I was 8 years old. And my brother absused me my whole life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6September 19, 2019 11:55 AM

Wrong thread, lmaoooo.

by Anonymousreply 7September 19, 2019 11:56 AM

Its the second event the US has "trumped up" and yet Pompeo and Prince MBS are yucking it up and not saying how we will roll.

This is SUCH COMPLETE BULLSHIT

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 19, 2019 11:56 AM

Why isn't there a POTUS who will not make allies in the middle east? It seems to silly me that we should buy any oil necessary and maintain warm neutrality with the regional powers there. I can't see why Iran wasn't defrosted years ago. Iran isn't make a big mess of anything.

by Anonymousreply 9September 19, 2019 11:59 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!