Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

On a scale of Chernobyl to Cheryl's Pussy…

how toxic is eating a plate of eggs and bacon mixed with the melted tip of a plastic knife?

I'm not great in the kitchen. It wasn't a huge amount of the knife that melted but enough that I said, "Huh, why's that snubbed off? Oh...."

Am I going to die?

by Anonymousreply 13September 20, 2019 2:46 AM

People, please.

by Anonymousreply 1September 19, 2019 12:52 PM

can I have your stuff, OP?

by Anonymousreply 2September 19, 2019 2:48 PM

Eat some bread so it doesn’t spear anything on the way out.

by Anonymousreply 3September 19, 2019 2:55 PM

[quote]Of the six commonly recycled plastics, four can withstand temperatures of 100 degrees Celsius (212 degrees Fahrenheit) or above. According to Machinist Materials, polyethylene terephthalate -- PET, or recyclable 1 -- has a melting point of 255 degrees Celsius (491 degrees Fahrenheit). High-density and low-density polyethylenes -- HDPE and LDPE, or recyclables 2 and 4 -- melt at 130 degrees Celsius (266 degrees Fahrenheit) and 120 degrees Celsius (248 degrees Fahrenheit), respectively,

Unless your food was on fire while you were eating it, I question how you could have eaten still-liquefied melted plastic.

As for toxicity, you're probably in more danger that the "melted" plastic hardens into a sharpened point and lodges in your digestive tract, than the leaching of chemicals into your system.

by Anonymousreply 4September 19, 2019 3:00 PM

Mmmmm plastic eggs. Godspeed, OP.

by Anonymousreply 5September 19, 2019 3:02 PM

Most likely you will poop it out and not even notice.

by Anonymousreply 6September 19, 2019 3:02 PM

I often have the tines on a plastic fork melt from too hot food, it happens.

by Anonymousreply 7September 19, 2019 3:04 PM

Why are you using a plastic fork in your own home, OP?

by Anonymousreply 8September 19, 2019 3:10 PM

r8 at work

by Anonymousreply 9September 19, 2019 3:12 PM

You cooked bacon at work??

by Anonymousreply 10September 19, 2019 6:12 PM

Yes you will die, we all will.

by Anonymousreply 11September 19, 2019 9:06 PM

r10 no but I have stirred hot microwaved food at work and had plastic silverware melt

by Anonymousreply 12September 20, 2019 1:15 AM

My throat felt kind of sore and swollen and weird after I finished it and I've had noxious gas today.

I mean, we probably eat wads of melted plastic all the time in processed and restaurant or fast food all the time without even knowing it, right?

by Anonymousreply 13September 20, 2019 2:46 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!