Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Twitter should de demanded to ban Trump. Don't tell me it can't be done blah blah.

Anyone else would've been booted out long ago. That's what a self respecting opposition should be demanding. It's not too late to play hardball.

"Ilhan Omar, a Democratic congresswoman from Minnesota, posted on Twitter: “This is from a CBC event we hosted this weekend to celebrate black women in Congress. The president of the United States is continuing to spread lies that put my life at risk. What is Twitter doing to combat this misinformation?”

"Trump has made several racist attacks to demonize Omar, a Muslim, along with other members of what is known as “the Squad” – Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Ayanna Pressley and Rashida Tlaib, all women of color."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11September 19, 2019 7:02 PM

Obama says presidents should avoid social media in apparent Trump jab

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 18, 2019 11:51 PM

[quote]Twitter should de demanded to ban Trump. Don't tell me it can't be done blah blah.

You mean a private company should be forced by the government to do its bidding?

No one is going to tell you it can't be done. EVERYONE should be telling you it shouldn't be done.

That and even if we accept that "de" is a typo of some sort, Twitter should de DEMANDED to ban trump? Demanded? DEMANDED??

by Anonymousreply 2September 19, 2019 1:13 AM

Trump fully deserves to be banned, but doing so would be counter-productive. It would just feed his supporters' sense of martyrdom.

by Anonymousreply 3September 19, 2019 1:14 AM

[quote]Trump fully deserves to be banned

Does he? While what he says is odious, has he actually ever violated their terms of service such that he can be legitimately banned?

But, even if he has, you're right, it would just embolden his followers further.

by Anonymousreply 4September 19, 2019 1:19 AM

On one hand, I wanted him to be banned early on.

On the other hand, what he says, continues to show everyone what a lunatic he is in print.

by Anonymousreply 5September 19, 2019 1:19 AM

"Twitter should be demanded to ban Trump" is lousy grammar.

Why don't you rewrite it using an active verb instead of a passive verb.

by Anonymousreply 6September 19, 2019 1:21 AM

NO!!! He has to remain on Twitter so everyone can see, on a daily basis, what a total fucking lunatic he is. The best thing about his horrifying administration is watching him constantly fuck himself. And it also exposes all the stupid fanatical mutherfuckers who still support him.

by Anonymousreply 7September 19, 2019 2:21 AM

R6 actually I knew it was bad grammar. I let it stand because it's DL. The same with dpelling and typos. I try to go for the folksy uneducated beyotch style that reigns here.

[Quote] You mean a private company should be forced by the government to do its bidding?

Sure. Yes, if that's what it takes. Private companies are governed by laws yknow.

by Anonymousreply 8September 19, 2019 3:43 AM

Omar should be banned for her Islamofacist ideas.

by Anonymousreply 9September 19, 2019 3:59 AM

Omar should also be banned for her hate-speech, lies and "some people did some things".

She doesn't even know when CAIR was created, but sure takes their $$$ (what was that about "all about the Benjamins again, bitch?')

by Anonymousreply 10September 19, 2019 4:10 AM

[quote]Yes, if that's what it takes. Private companies are governed by laws yknow.

If that's what it takes...to do what? Irreparably damage our liberties and freedoms?

Private companies are governed by laws...and exactly what laws did Twitter break?

When you want to have this happen, just ask yourself if you'd be happy if the show were on the other foot and some rightwing nutbag were calling for the exact same thing.

Many people cheered when Obama used executive orders, but now that cheeto is using them, people are OUTRAGED. Well guess what, the pendulum always swings the other way. You want to eliminate Senate filibusters so push through Obama appointments? Well, that means that dems can't use them to stop cheeto's appointments - and look at the idiots we have now running the country.

by Anonymousreply 11September 19, 2019 7:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!