Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Most Vegans Are Bat Shit Crazy.

I actually don’t know how I would react if theses fools were in my grocery store mumbling rubbish.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32September 19, 2019 1:16 PM

Someday, it will be you meat eaters that kill and torture for NO reason that will seem bat shit crazy. These people care more about life than what fat asses want to stick down their gullet.

by Anonymousreply 1September 18, 2019 8:50 PM

Are they all in a Goth band?

by Anonymousreply 2September 18, 2019 8:51 PM

Lemme guess, they didn't congregate near the fish area.

They didn't leave when asked to by supermarket management. If their protest was peaceful one of them surely must have heard the face-to-face request of supermarket personnel.

And one signholder thinks apostrophes are literal murder.

by Anonymousreply 3September 18, 2019 8:53 PM

My towns had an anti Palm Oil protest on Sunday morning. A bunch of people lay down on the floor near the checkouts, while others dressed as extras from Handmaids Tale stood around silently. LOT of pissed off pensioners around during that.

by Anonymousreply 4September 18, 2019 8:55 PM

I wonder how many of them are wearing leather belts and carrying leather wallets and rode over in a car with leather seats.

by Anonymousreply 5September 18, 2019 8:59 PM

It appears they are in the store and impeding shopping flow to the meat department. Despite whatever beliefs they may have, they are now infringing on others' rights to shop freely. The store should be able to have them removed and in addition, usually permission has to be granted for filming at a privately owned, corporate location.

They can peacefully protest on public property elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 6September 18, 2019 9:02 PM

I work with a vegetarian who has no problem carrying a leather purse or wearing leather shoes. Her reasoning is that the cow is already dead from being killed for meat so they may as well do something with the hide. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 7September 18, 2019 9:03 PM

If they are truly vegan, R5, none. Veganism is not about diet. Its about not exploiting animals as much as practicably possible. So, no..if they are vegan they are not.

by Anonymousreply 8September 18, 2019 9:03 PM

R7, that is the problem with this shit. She is a VEGETARIAN. That is a diet. VEGANISM is a philosophy.

by Anonymousreply 9September 18, 2019 9:04 PM

There's a difference between militant vegans and your average vegan. I've been a practicing vegan for the last seven months. I haven't told anyone because who the fuck cares? Nobody gives a shit about my diet and I don't give a shit about anyone else's. People like this are not the norm. It makes me sad when I see stories like this because I think going meat-free is a fantastic way to help combat climate change, but cunts like this just give veganism a bad rep. x

by Anonymousreply 10September 18, 2019 9:05 PM

People who attack vegans are usually Republicans. They hate vegans because they see them as "hippies"

by Anonymousreply 11September 18, 2019 9:05 PM

Fuck off, R9. Veganism is as much of a philosophy as fisting is. You ignorant fuckwit. x

by Anonymousreply 12September 18, 2019 9:05 PM

um,Ok, R12. That's a normal response.

by Anonymousreply 13September 18, 2019 9:06 PM

Most vegans I know don't talk about it. I have vegans in my family and I have "meat and potatuhs" people in my family. The latter are cunts and the former are lovely. Only one of the vegans is a bit of a pain but not because she's a vegan. She's also into homeopathic medicine, which I don't believe it. But it's the political meat eaters, guys who won't shut up about bacon and how much better everything would be with bacon, who don't realize they're more performative than the vegans, who for the most part, want healthier lives and less harm.

In thirty years, vegans will not be called vegans. Meat eaters will be called meat eaters; that is what will need a category name.

by Anonymousreply 14September 18, 2019 9:08 PM

I'd like to see them try this at a Chinese grocery store teeming with retired Chinese immigrants. Chinese grandmothers will pummel these protestors with their bags of pork belly and cabbage.

by Anonymousreply 15September 18, 2019 9:11 PM

The irony of your reply, R15. Too funny, really.

by Anonymousreply 16September 18, 2019 9:12 PM

[quote] Most Vegans Are Bat Shit Crazy.

No, they aren’t, you Trump voting alt right lunatic Nazi.

by Anonymousreply 17September 18, 2019 9:20 PM

Agree that most vegans aren’t assholes like these people are. It’s kind of like religion: you don’t know which way most people believe. Only the obnoxious extremists shove it in your face.

I’ve been surprised about most of the vegans I’ve met because they don’t proselytize and I don’t care unless I’m hosting them for a dinner party.

It’s not difficult to ignore them. What they say doesn’t matter to me.

by Anonymousreply 18September 18, 2019 9:28 PM

If they tried this in my local store I'd buy some bacon for the first time in years, just to piss them off.

Who the fuck do they think they are, telling other people what to do! When dealing with other adults, you ask politely, at best.

by Anonymousreply 19September 18, 2019 9:36 PM

I'm vegan, and far from crazy, and object when people assume that all vegetarians and vegans have a screw loose. I prefer to make choices that do not harm animals. I use a tyvek wallet; I wear canvas sneakers and grosgrain d-ring belts; I don't buy products that test on animals or have animal protein in them; etc. I have no problem if other people make different choices, but I am comfortable not using animals for my benefit. If more people knew how factory animals were treated, they might be more considerate in their choices, too.

by Anonymousreply 20September 18, 2019 9:40 PM

IMO such protests are counterproductive. I was raised with the belief that every meal has to have meat in it. That all changed when my gay vanity kicked in and I watched my carbs and meat intake to look good in a speedo. That and me being lactose intolerant. So I am 75% vegan and the other 25% is for chicken breasts (and the occasional spaghetti bolognese) and the occasional feta cheese (which doesn't cause too much trouble in my digestive system) in my salad.

by Anonymousreply 21September 18, 2019 9:42 PM

Let's be honest, most meat is pretty bland tasting on its own - especially white meat. It's all of the stuff you have with it that gives you the flavour. I urge anyone that reads this to try and go meat-free for a week. Just a week - that's not much of a challenge is it? I guarantee you won't miss it. x

by Anonymousreply 22September 18, 2019 9:53 PM

[quote]But it's the political meat eaters, guys who won't shut up about bacon and how much better everything would be with bacon

Political? I thought the "bacon people" were just compensating for something. Seems like a masculinity issue.

by Anonymousreply 23September 18, 2019 9:56 PM

R22, I’ve done that when we were super poor. It’s fine. We do plenty of meatless meals. I prepare 90% of our meals, and I’d say that 75% are meatless. I can’t give up eggs and cheese, though.

by Anonymousreply 24September 18, 2019 9:57 PM

[quote]n thirty years, vegans will not be called vegans. Meat eaters will be called meat eaters; that is what will need a category name.

When I was working in India, meals came from the canteen labelled "Veg" or "Non-veg"

by Anonymousreply 25September 19, 2019 8:05 AM

Im mostly vegetarian by preference. It's less stressful to yourself and annoying to others not to be doctrinaire about these matters.

by Anonymousreply 26September 19, 2019 8:55 AM

R22 I gave it up for a year and I guarantee you that I did miss it.

What I missed most of all was chicken broth, no veg broth can compare. Anchovies, guanciale, these little bursts of flavor add so much to a dish. I don't eat chicken breasts, no point really.

by Anonymousreply 27September 19, 2019 9:18 AM

Sierra Leone: jail time for protest against palm oil

The Belgian-Luxembourgish consortium Socfin is establishing plantations in Sierra Leone to produce palm oil for export. The local population is standing up to intimidation and imprisonment and continuing to protest against the destruction of natural areas and land grabbing. Please support our petition.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28September 19, 2019 9:44 AM

Malaysian palm oil farmers protest ban by European Parliament, claiming it would threaten livelihoods of millions

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29September 19, 2019 9:45 AM

Malaysian palm oil farmers protest ban by European Parliament, claiming it would threaten livelihoods of millions

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30September 19, 2019 9:45 AM

[quote]Malaysian palm oil farmers protest ban by European Parliament, claiming it would threaten livelihoods of millions

I was under the impression that destroying forests to create palm "plantations" ? was not the greatest idea.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31September 19, 2019 1:16 PM

The response to the Malaysian version of soy, wheat and corn farmers should be:

"GROW SOMETHING THE FUCK ELSE."

by Anonymousreply 32September 19, 2019 1:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!