Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kitten Season!

People who do animal rescues are Saints!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16September 19, 2019 4:09 PM

Kittens are furry, kittens are fun, I think I need another one!

I really enjoy fostering the really tiny ones. Lots of enjoyment, then like grandparents, you send them back to be adopted.

by Anonymousreply 1September 18, 2019 9:15 PM

These people are so inspiring. So many dollfaces! (I'm not the dollface poster, but I consider him my friend across the ocean)I know it's very difficult, heartbreaking work. I hope I can do more to help, when I finally retire (which won't be too long). A this point, I just do my best to feed the stray cats that inhabit my yard. I see their little faces looking around corners for me, and I'd like them to trust me enough, at some point, to come indoors, before winter finally arrives.

by Anonymousreply 2September 18, 2019 9:36 PM

R2 Cat hoarder in training .

by Anonymousreply 3September 18, 2019 9:53 PM

R2 Cat hoarder in training .

by Anonymousreply 4September 18, 2019 9:53 PM

Had to be said twice.^^^

by Anonymousreply 5September 18, 2019 9:54 PM

R4, R5, I hope not. I just like animals. I don't have any (of which I'm aware) living in my house, if I don't count myself.

by Anonymousreply 6September 18, 2019 9:58 PM

[quote]So many dollfaces! (I'm not the dollface poster, but I consider him my friend across the ocean)

And you're my best friend on DL - which is saying a lot as there are many dollface types here, even if the meanies sometimes have the loudest voices.

Thank you for posting this beautiful video, OP. It IS an exciting proposition to people like R2 and me to do something equally as proactive to help animals.

by Anonymousreply 7September 19, 2019 7:57 AM

[quote]And you're my best friend on DL - which is saying a lot as there are many dollface types here, even if the meanies sometimes have the loudest voices.

I'm not a "meanie," but to me, "dollface" is one of the more annoying 21st century word revivals. I have always hated dolls. They are ugly and distorted-looking, and they smell bad. I would never call anyone I liked a "dollface." To say someone has a face like a doll is to be a "meanie."

by Anonymousreply 8September 19, 2019 8:56 AM

Oh, and I adore cats and dogs. There's just no reason to liken them, or their rescuers, to dolls.

by Anonymousreply 9September 19, 2019 8:57 AM

They truly are! I follow several on Instagram. The diapers they change, the appointments, the costs. Better people than I am.

by Anonymousreply 10September 19, 2019 9:24 AM

There's a particularly lovely dog and cat rescue in southern California called Paw Works. Yes, some of their rescues are pit breeds, but lots aren't. And lots are cats.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11September 19, 2019 9:52 AM

I see WAY more pits being rescued than any other breed of dogs.

by Anonymousreply 12September 19, 2019 10:20 AM

Why don't you put some effort into funding a cat sterilization pill..

by Anonymousreply 13September 19, 2019 10:40 AM

[quote]I see WAY more pits being rescued than any other breed of dogs.

In England we have different rescues for different breeds.

I once spent over an hour chatting with a gurl who rescues Scotties, listening to her stories. Talk about a dollface type!

by Anonymousreply 14September 19, 2019 10:42 AM

[quote]Lance Bombardier Ben Parkinson, one of the most severely injured soldiers to survive the Afghan conflict, has been appointed as the new patron for the Scottish Terrier Emergency Care Scheme.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15September 19, 2019 10:45 AM

Another one!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16September 19, 2019 4:09 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!