Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tatum O'Neal - A Spoiled Brat

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47October 5, 2019 5:54 PM

Is there dish about "Little Darlings?" Would love to hear if she terrorized McNichol and Cynthia Nixon.

by Anonymousreply 1September 18, 2019 4:43 PM

R1

Little Darlings:

"As on The Bad News Bears, most of the other kids in the cast were trained actors from the East Coast (including Cynthia Nixon, with whom I reconnected years later when I guest-starred on Sex and the City). Though the shoot itself was fun,I didn't especially click with anyone. Kristy McNichol and I never had any real chemistry, and while Matt Dillon was nice,he seemed young, though he was born just a few months after me.

Since we were all teenagers, there were a lot of social midercurrents—cliques and jealousies rippling through the cast—that I found stressful. So I kept to myself, holing lip in my room.

We were shooting in Madison, Georgia town where there wasn't much to do. So Diana Ross's visits to the set were a highlight. She was like a queen—and very much in love with my father. She even wanted to marry him. "

by Anonymousreply 2September 18, 2019 4:51 PM

Go away O'Neill troll

by Anonymousreply 3September 18, 2019 4:55 PM

HOW MANY FUCKING THREADS DO WE NEED ON THE O’NEAL’S????!!!!!🤬

by Anonymousreply 4September 18, 2019 4:57 PM

R3 = Tatum O'Neal

by Anonymousreply 5September 18, 2019 4:57 PM

R4= Angry Griffin O'Neal

by Anonymousreply 6September 18, 2019 4:58 PM

From Allegra Huston book "Love Child":

The previous Christmas, when Anjelica gave me an outfit of bellsleeved blouse and bell-bottomed trousers in silky white rayon, and a pair of sandals like cat's cradles fixed into shiny wooden platforms, "Tatum O'Neal clothes," Tatum was only a year older than me ,I didn't dislike the Tatum O'Neal clothes: they just had nothing to do with me, I didn't even feel right hanging them up with my other clothes.

Had Anjel given them to me because she wanted me to be like Tatum, whom I still hadn't met? I didn't have a tenth of the confidence to carry them off. They stayed in their box on the floor of my closet.

Now I was sleeping in Tatum's bed—actually, beds, Ryan had two houses: the Malibu house and another in Beverly Hills, on top of a mountain across the canyon from Gloom Castle* We'd spend a few days at one, then a few days at the other.

Tatum was in England, making International Velvet , but her closets were bursting with the clothes shed left behind, all scented with Saint-Laurent Rive Gauche, which—I discovered when she came home—she sprayed directly onto them and poured into the rinse water of the washing machine*

She and her brother Griffin lived with Ryan because, I was told, their mother was crazy.

Griffin was a year younger than me, with leaf-green eyes and a freckled face .Instantly he became like another little brother to me* I felt tender toward him, protective of him. He seemed lonely.

...... We went back to the Beverly Hills house that morning, and Sugar lived in Tatum's white- carpeted suite with me. It was a separate building only a few feet from the master bedroom—I thought of it as sitting at the right hand of God*

Griffin's bedroom was on the far horn of the U-shaped house: a room the architect had intended for the maid.

....I was sharing Griffin's room now, as Tatum had come back. He had a king-size water bed, and we'd try hard not to move in our sleep so as not to send waves to wake the other.

I got into Anjel's car one morning, ready for school, I loathed my uniform, but it set me apart at Ryan's house, I was a schoolgirl—not a thirteen-year-old glamour-puss.

Gradually I seemed to be moving into Gloom Castle, because Griffin's room at the Beverly Hills house was too small to share, and there was no question of Tatum—now that she was back—sharing hers.

by Anonymousreply 7September 18, 2019 5:25 PM

Tatum O'Neal is/was not a spoiled brat. She is a deeply mentally and emotionally disturbed person with sociopathic tendancies.

by Anonymousreply 8September 18, 2019 5:36 PM

R8 Very True.

by Anonymousreply 9September 18, 2019 5:40 PM

But I also think she was a spoiled brat as well.

by Anonymousreply 10September 18, 2019 5:41 PM

After reading about her mother’s out of control alcoholism, I wonder if Tatum and her brother might have FAS.

by Anonymousreply 11September 18, 2019 5:45 PM

About Cher:

" I embarked on an intense campaign to win Cher over. I called all the time and literally camped on the doorstep of her mansion right off Carrollwood Drive, next door to Jayne Mansfield's former home. I implied that I had nowhere else to go, which wasn't true. My father had bought a house in Beverly Hills,where I was staying with a babysitter. Once I even conspired with my half-brother Patrick to pretend that I'd fainted and there was no one he could call but Cher.

Cher was close to Raquel Welch, who was appearing on the show. I told Cher that I'd overheard Raquel complaining that she hated her segment and that Cher was terrible in it.That caused a big rift between them for a while. Raquel wound up hating me, and so did David Geffen, who at the time was Cher's lover.

I started to create havoc with other people, out of jealousy. When I realized she was falling in love with [Gregg Allman], I took the drastic step of confiding that I’d seen him shooting heroin—having no idea what that was—in her house. “Oh, he’s a big drug addict,” I told Cher. He wasn’t, but Cher believed me for a while. "

by Anonymousreply 12September 19, 2019 10:44 AM

R11 What is FAS?

by Anonymousreply 13September 19, 2019 10:45 AM

From IMDB:

"Disapproved of her father Ryan O'Neal's relationship with Ursula Andress so much so that she would speak about it to the tabloids even though she was just a child. However, in her 2004 memoir "A Paper Life", she wrote fondly of her, calling her kind and gentle, taking care of her when she was hurt."

by Anonymousreply 14September 19, 2019 12:11 PM

Ryan and Tatum O'Neal interview : 22 Feb 1978

What about those stories that she behaves like a jealous wife to her father and even vets his girlfriends?

"We do joke about his girls, but I don't tell him who he can or can't go out with," she said. "He wouldn't let me."

But to Tatum the idea of her father marrying again for any reason is not particularly appealing.

"I'd just hate the idea," she said in her low, smoky voice. "I don't want him to get married again - ever. We have a nice thing going at home so why bring someone else in. Besides, I've gotten over .the need for a mother. I don't think there is anyone in the world who would take us anyway."

And if Ryan did bring a woman into the house, what then?

"Well, we'd be completely open about it," he said. "Tatum is so completely involved in my life, I couldn't attempt to slip anything by. There could be nothing furtive in any affair I had."

As for Tatum, She was more concerned with her reputation. "I know what they say about me," Tatum blurted out. "How I'm precocious or a brat or real nasty.

But I'm not really. Well, at least not all the time. I admit I can be mean and I do lose my temper with my brothers (there are two) when things at home don't go right.

But it is a happy family and we mostly do every- thing together, even the cooking. As for being spoiled - I can't be more spoilder than I am now."

Ryan picked up on "spoilder." lt's hectic bringing up a child on your own. One father families are rarer than one mother families. The presence of a woman's hand is missed at home because the children do need a balance.

"lt wasn't from choice that I separated from the children's mothers, lt was circumstances."

He added: "I don't find it easy to fall in love. Deep love is not an easy act for me. So much else goes with it - selflessness, for instance. That I haven't got. But I am a loving father, not perhaps so much a loving husband."

by Anonymousreply 15September 23, 2019 12:56 PM

Growing up in the 70s, I adored Tatum and yes, think she was very talented, so reading all of these threads is a gut-punch. Her life is a perfect case study of nature vs nurture: she was likely born with several mental strikes against her and concurrently lived an incredibly adult, unstable life during the very age she should have been going to bed at 8:30 PM, having girlfriends over for innocent sleepovers, sitting around the dinner table with parents or caregivers talking about school, etc. She didn’t have a chance.

by Anonymousreply 16September 23, 2019 1:37 PM

Didn’t finish my thought ^^^ Her obsession with her father and his girlfriends is so Freudian, it’s almost hilarious. Her mother HAD to have instilled some of this in her with words and actions. I’m sure Tatum grew up thinking of Ryan as her savior-protector and when he instead chose other women, she flew into rages over having to share him. She also tried to win him over by becoming more grownup, more alluring. What a mess.

by Anonymousreply 17September 23, 2019 1:40 PM

She wasn't very good in Bad News Bears. She beat out Kristy McNichol, who would've added more heart to the role. And Kristy says she was devastated when she lost the part.

by Anonymousreply 18September 23, 2019 2:03 PM

R17 I agree with you.

by Anonymousreply 19September 23, 2019 5:40 PM

Tatum mad a movie with Kristy McNichol called 'Little Darlings". It wasn't bad.

by Anonymousreply 20September 23, 2019 5:44 PM

R17 But the strange thing is after all these years, Tatum still can't get over her father's serious/normal relationship with Farrah, I can understand her feeling of possessiveness and jealousy at the time when she was teenage/young but If she still hasn't figured out the basic elements of heterosexual male behavior then she is hopeless.

by Anonymousreply 21September 23, 2019 5:47 PM

Also, As sick as it sounds, I really think Tatum secretly wanted her father to fuck her and that's her main issue.

Tatum with some guy impersonating her father's look in the 1970s wearing "Tatum's father" shirt. A full-grown woman is so obsessed with her own dad like that.?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22September 23, 2019 5:52 PM

A spot on review of Tatum's self serving book "A paper life"

Tatum O'Neal, throw your tantrums -- away

"Where is our pity supposed to land here? Yes, Tatum had bad parents.....Now, aware as we all are of what devilry too often occurs behind innumerable closed familial doors, we still only care if it happened to someone who, say, pitched for the Bad News Bears or jinxed John McEnroe's career, and could still not care less about the less adorable, less visible victims who rarely have the option to take off to Malibu when mom's starting to play blindfolded hacky-sack with the wine bottles.

Further, as is true of all similar narrators, Tatum O'Neal seems wonderfully oblivious to what a nasty little child she so notoriously was. While she does recount a number of the incidents that led to her nickname "Tantrum" way back when, she always speedily backstrokes over her behaviour by citing her parents' actions.

Such therapy-head nonsense is what led to the 12-step term "adult child," which has led many to believe that deep inside us, a weeping little baby resides, awaiting its rescue through the fishhook that is blame-counselling.

If Tatum offered her obviously barely loved brother ice cream, then shoved it in his face; if she rampantly insulted every adult in her line of fire; if she hooked up with a crack dealer while her fitness as a mother was being publicly contested, whose fault is that?

Fighting Irish fathers and pill-bombed mothers are excellent reasons for any child to complain about his or her lost security, and bad love.

Yet at a certain point, such awful memories need to be put in perspective as crises that besieged the child; that no longer define the man or woman in question. Not one of the crybabies cited ever confessed that they were nightmares-in-training themselves, or, more critically, that it is not appropriate for an adult to lament one's childhood as if puling over the loss of a beloved plush toy.

Then again, there is nowhere else for someone like Tatum O'Neal to live but the past, in that blurry world where she and her father were actually revered for their acting, where both of their vivid tantrums were respectfully endured, not as object lessons in their inner pain, but as evidence that stars may burn as brightly as they like, before falling.

by Anonymousreply 23September 23, 2019 6:04 PM

1997:

In July 1979, Majors and Fawcett separated, and that fall she moved into O’Neal’s beachfront Malibu home. In some ways it was a difficult time. Tatum, who lived with O’Neal after his divorce from Moore, had no interest in sharing him.

Ryan O’Neal said, “she more or less made me choose between her and Farrah, and it wasn’t a fair choice.”

Tatum, now a mother of three on the brink of a custody battle with ex-husband John McEnroe, wasn’t the only child Fawcett had to compete with. In 1977, Griffin, then 12, moved in with O’Neal and reveled in his father’s macho love; they boxed and shot pool. On weekends, Patrick, too, enjoyed O’Neal’s laissez-faire parenting. “I’d stay up as late as I wanted, watch all the TV I wanted,” Patrick, an aspiring actor in Manhattan, told PEOPLE in 1994.

Fawcett’s arrival meant an end to the anything-goes atmosphere. “She’d cook dinner, which we’d have at a set time,” Patrick recalled. “I felt she helped my dad,” Griffin told PEOPLE in 1984, “kept him calm.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24September 24, 2019 7:28 PM

Ryan has bad genes - both Tatum and Redmond are sociopaths.

by Anonymousreply 25September 24, 2019 8:02 PM

Tatum O'Neal- 2018

“I am not spoiled like some people think,” she said. I am the exact opposite. I am a good person and I try to be nice to people. I am more normal than people think.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26September 25, 2019 5:48 AM

Hey Tatum O'Neal troll! Are you John McEnroe with $1.99 and on a Irish drunk bender? Asking for a friend!

by Anonymousreply 27September 25, 2019 6:03 AM

Online comments:

" It's not so uncommon. My female Friend left her dad's home at 15!! To live on her own. It's Tatum s decision, she was the one, who took drugs after she turned 18!! An adult with brains. I guess, these people, especially Tatum...lived her life to sell her stories. And lived from that money? As well. She isn't ever a good mum herself!! So who the hell she wants to blame? Are you people serious?? It's HER fault. Not her father's!"

"Tatum is just whiny spoiled brat. She is lucky to have a dad. She should have dad like mine . Maybe she would appreciate Ryan. My dad left us for my moms sister. My dad doesn’t care about his kids at all. He has the money but is very selfish and it isn’t just about money. My dad doesn’t care about anything. Ryan is not as bad as she makes him."

" Tatum has to realize how limited Ryan is and that she can't fix him. They are both toxic and trigger each other. I wonder why their "shrinks" don't address this aspect of their relationship, because insight isn't going to help. They are both so dysfunctional with each other. "

"As soon as he meets another woman he could be romantic with ..... She disappears .... AGAIN. Grow up Tatum. Stop talking about the past ....living in the past"

"Ryan tried. He has made mistakes and whatever selfish reasoning he uses to deal with his mistakes, it's the best he can do. Tatum should accept him or completely excise his from her life."

" "My childhood was insane. Dad left when I was 8 months old (and when I say left, you don't want to know where he went) Mom drank herself stupid. Still, I don't think an adult can blame anyone for the decisions they make. If you grow up in shit, you don't have to chug whiskey, chain smoke and take drugs. We all have free will. As it was, my parents taught me well. They taught me what NOT to do. I watched these people destroy not only themselves but everyone who entertained their nonsense and understood how stupid they were by the time I was 5 years old. I just don't believe you can blame shift.... if you did it, YOU DID IT. You have to hold yourself accountable for what you smoke, drink, ingest. Until you hold yourself accountable....you'll never get better. I don't care who raised you."

by Anonymousreply 28September 25, 2019 4:09 PM

Ryan and Tatum interview - 1990

Ryan a 21-year-old high school dropout and aspiring actor when he met starlet Joanna Moore, a B-movie starlet from Americus. She became pregnant with Tatum soon after she met Ryan, and they were married within a few months. Griffin was born 11 months after Tatum.

The two separated when Tatum was 2 and were divorced 18 months later. Then began a nightmare for Tatum and her brother.

'It was a poisoned lifestyle,' Ryan O`Neal says. He spews forth a stream of invectives about Moore, but asks quickly that they not be printed.

'They weren`t getting proper food and care,' says Tatum`s grandmother, former stage actress Pat O`Neal, 82. 'It was dreadful. Tatum was a little girl with a certain vanity, and here she was dressed in rags, her hair a tangled mess and no shoes.'

Pat and Charles 'Blackie' O`Neal, a Hollywood screenwriter, were constantly rescuing Tatum and Griffin during that time.

'Joanna would take them to a bar and drink and then disappear, and the bartender would call us,' she says. 'Tatum always knew our telephone number. Then my husband would go find them, and I`d bathe them and put clean clothes on them.'

Tatum recalls cooking meals for herself and Griffin and 'being a little mother hen.' But her father, whom she rarely saw, was never far from her mind.

'I went around telling people my dad was Ryan O`Neal. I remember seeing him in `Love Story.` '

So when Ryan offered to let Tatum come live with him when she was 7, she jumped at the chance. Tatum says she always gravitated more to her father and Griffin was more loyal to their mother, which was why 'I didn`t give too much thought to Griffin.'

Tatum joined Ryan at his houses in Malibu and Beverly Hills. Griffin later moved in with them when he was 12, but it was the ragged little girl from the ranch who was tapped for movie stardom.

by Anonymousreply 29September 26, 2019 1:51 PM

Peter Bogdanovich`s ex-wife Polly Platt met her and suggested she`d be perfect for the part of the little con artist in the movie Bogdanovich planned to direct, 'Paper Moon.'

'She saw this little waify thing with tangles in her hair,' Tatum says. 'I was tough. Rough around the edges.'

Ryan sent her to boarding school after the movie, but she didn`t get along with the other children and decided she wanted to work again.

Shortly thereafter she got the role in 'Bad News Bears.'

Tatum , who used to tell the press she grew up too fast, now says she enjoyed being a child star. 'I just had a great time,' she says. 'I was playing dressup.'

Tatum calls her father the greatest influence on her life, despite frequent estrangements.

'It was very nice of him to take time out to raise a little girl,' she says. 'He gave me a lot of rope and said, `Don`t embarrass me, and don`t embarrass yourself.'`

By all accounts Tatum and Ryan were extremely close from the time she came to live with him until she was 16. Women such as Bianca Jagger and Anjelica Huston 'came and went, but I was his greatest friend. I told him everything.'

She calls her father 'a very intense person. That`s why women fell in love with him all over the world.' But that intensity had another side. 'Some women survive their breakups with him better than others,' she says.

Perhaps the worst moment for the young O`Neals came when Farrah Fawcett arrived on the scene. Tatum was 16, and she and Griffin were living with their father in Malibu. A second nightmare began for Tatum. In effect, her father left her for Fawcett.

There have been long periods of not talking, mixed in with reconciliations.

When Tatum and McEnroe married in August 1986 on Long Island-in Oyster Bay, McEnroe`s hometown-Ryan wasn`t invited. No one from Tatum`s family was there.

'She sent us one telegram each-me, her mother and her agent,' Ryan says. 'It said, `I`m getting married-Tatum.` Nothing else. I think she did it to spite me.'

Ryan says plaintively that Tatum 'has to be accepting of my relationships. She must deal with both her caring and jealousy.' Lately they have both been 'working on it. We`re treading lightly.'

by Anonymousreply 30September 26, 2019 1:55 PM

15 YO Tatum O'Neal : I'm spoiled and I am a star June 26, 1978: Tatum is, well, candid. She is, she says, selfish. And spoiled. "I'm spoiled because I've gotten a lot." , Tatum O'Neal is a star, and she knows it. "I am an actress. I am a star. I can be demanding," she says easily. "But I only demand when it is for the best. I know for instance I have power on movie sets and I try not to use it. But I enjoy being who I am."

Speaking of her father "You have to realize," she continues, leveling her straight green gaze, "that we've been together since I was 7. Solidly. So, of course, by now I know him very well. But he is very honest. He has always treated me like a human being, not like a kid. We're like equals - like the same person."

If there is one thing that bugs Tatum it is the criticism leveled at her father for the way he is raising his daughter. She, for instance, doesn't mind his assorted lady friends, and says her father has "good taste" in women

Now, yes, she does hang out with Cher and Bianca Jagger, but only for shopping and lunches.

But, still, the criticism hurts. "They were just so awful for awhile. They just kept telling him 'You're not bringing your daughter up right.' But now that things have turned out okay, they can just be quiet."

'He taught me everything I know," she says flatly. "And I don't consider myself dumb."

"But you see," she continues in a patiently lecturing tone, "He lets me do practically everything I want, so I would therefore never do anything bad because he gives me so much trust. I wouldn't want to go out and betray that trust."

And besides, it's not as if they're always together. Sometimes the two have, as she puts it, "big breakers" where they don't see each other, Like for the last three weeks I was with my friend so much that we barely spoke, until finally he said, 'I haven't even talked to you for three weeks. I don't even know what you're doing."

But then Tatum insists neither Ryan nor the public need worry: She's not going to screw up. "I know a lot of people are waiting for me to do something awful like OD on drugs or something, but they can just wait. I won't. I'm not crazy. I know where I'm at and I know I'm very much in the public eye, so I can't go out and do something awful." Her tone leaves little room for doubt.

by Anonymousreply 31September 27, 2019 12:49 AM

Tatum still gets mad and jealous about her father's relationship with other women. In 2011, 47 YO Tatum went berserk because Ryan brought a 25 years old woman with him.

Did she want to marry her father?!

by Anonymousreply 32September 27, 2019 1:09 AM

Ryan O'Neal : "Tatum Wanted a Piece of Me"

What began all the animus between father and daughter?

“When we made ‘Paper Moon’. We bonded. But when Farrah came and the love of that wonderful woman, our love affair occasionally wobbled but it held. That’s when Tantrum, as I call her, disappeared. I never saw my grandchildren. Never even saw pictures of them. She’d change her phone number. She’d piss me off. Farrah Fawcett was the whole thing.

“I was the big problem. The complete failure. Most times I don’t like myself, but I’m not a bad guy. If things were to do over, I’d do it differently — but Tatum’s very complicated. Triggers still go off in her mind. She wanted a piece of me, but she still can’t figure was it Farrah or me that made her split.

“Farrah was frightened of Tatum, who held nothing back. At 16, Tatum was very experienced and already dressing like Anouk Aimée. Problem was, where did she fit in with Farrah? Y’know, I still feel Farrah’s essence. I recently dreamt I was talking to her.

Ryan’s eyes teared up. “I told Tatum that Farrah needed me. She said: ‘I need you, too.’ Look, I live alone in Malibu with my dog. We’re not at each other’s throats anymore, but can I say I’m now ready to go all the way with her? Not yet.”

Now that we’re already up to here with Tatum and Ryan O’Neal‘s reality fights and make-nices on Oprah‘s network, I asked him why. Why this dumb show?

“I’m 70. I’m not looking to jumpstart a new career. I don’t need money. Tatum’s a businesswoman. This was her idea.”

She need money?

“I didn’t say that. I only say I didn’t spend all my money. I also say she likes to shop.”

by Anonymousreply 33September 27, 2019 2:49 AM

From Cher: Strong Enough by Josiah Howard

"Off camera as confirmed by several sources, Tatum O'Neal whom the press dubbed "Tantrum" was bossy and problematic, often bringing the taping to a halt to ask questions "Fix her makeup" or make suggestions. At one point during a break in taping. Cher was giving an interview to TV critic and Tatum, unhappy she wasn't the center of attention couldn't keep still.

"Tatum kept interrupting them" recalls a stagehand " she kept making faces, noises or ticking her tongue out. At one point, she went over and pushed her way between Cher and the reporter. That was it, George blew his top. He yelled " Get over her and sit down RIGHT NOW!". Everyone in the studio turned and looked and Tatum just sort of slinked away. I don't think that girl had ever been disciplined in her entire life"

Three weeks after the episode with Tatum aired, The national Star headline was "Tatum, what a Cute, Talented, Clever little BRAT"

by Anonymousreply 34September 27, 2019 5:28 AM

Tatum O'Neal vows : My kids won't be Brats like I was - Weekly world news 1991

"Actress Tatum O'Neal was such a nuisance to her daddy Ryan's girlfriends that Ursula Andress and Anouk Aimée wanted the feisty kid packed off to a convent boarding school"

by Anonymousreply 35September 27, 2019 5:45 AM

From Call Her Miss Ross book by J. Randy Taraborrelli - 1988

"At this time, Diana and her children spent a couple of weeks with Ryan and his youngsters at the O'Neal family home in Malibu. The two of them would share picnics with their offspring on the beach in back of Ryan's house, and then a governess would herd Rhonda, Tracee, Chudney, and Ryan's children, Tatum and Griffin, back into the house.Meanwhile their parents shared white wine and intimate moments on the sand.

The only sour note in this duet came from Ryan's 15-year-old daughter Tatum who, it was said by friends of Ryan's, didn't like Diana Ross or anyone else her father ever dated.

Diana must have noticed that Tatum was spoiled. She got away with much more than her daughters ever did.

When one of Diana's friends at Motown told her the following story. After Tatum won the Oscar for her role in Paper Moon, Tatum left the private Beverly Hills school she was attending and was tutored at home. When Tatum announced to her friends that she was leaving, they stood up and applauded."

by Anonymousreply 36September 27, 2019 7:46 AM

Tatum O'Neal has Borderline Personality Disorder

Online comments:

"Tatum is one big ball of crazy. I'd be afraid to date her because she seems like she'd latch on and push her crazy onto me. I like 'em just about any way as long as they're clean and smell good but I have to draw the line at the kind of crazy that scares me. I'm sure your date with Tatum would never be boring."

"Tatum has Borderline Personality Disorder and part of that disorder is promiscuity/lack of sexual preference, in other words, they'll sleep with anyone, and she probably always has, it is just now trendy so being a true bpd/narcissist she's using it for publicity/attention. I hope for Rosie and her family's sake that she really isn't taking up with Tatum, the last thing they need right now is a bpd psycho ex-gf."

"Oh man. If you think Rosie is batsiht crazy, Tatum makes her look like she could win a prize for being sane. Tatum is completely off the rails."

"Tatum has BPD , just many years of working with high functioning borderlines and I can spot them a mile away"

I knew that Tatum displayed sociopathic traits/behavior while she was living with her mother and continued doing so for some years (like setting fires, stealing, making up outrageous lies) but I was not sure she has BPD, If this is true, that explains her nutty crazy behavior.

by Anonymousreply 37September 29, 2019 12:33 AM

Tatum bullying her close friend:

"One day, a bunch of girls lured me to a dorm room to share their loot and began viciously bad-mouthing Carrie. Still stung by the way my father had favored her in England, I started bashing her too—only to have her jump out of the closet, furious, to confront me. It was a setup"

by Anonymousreply 38September 29, 2019 7:15 AM

Tatum's sociopathic behavior:

"After The Bad News Bears, my dad hired a babysitter to look after me, Sabrina Guinness, of the Guinness beer family. She was in her early twenties, and I liked her because she wasn't big on rules. She once crashed my fathers Rolls-Royce with me in it.I was okay,

Sabrina's favorite thing to do was take me to rock stars'houses, where she liked to hang out. I'd get tired of sitting around and do crazy things. One day, when we were over a tRod Stewart's house, I recorded, This really weird thing happened. Afire started. It was really strange because it wasn't from electricity. . . .In fact, I knew exactly how the fire had started. I had set it,out of boredom. Since my father read my diary—despite my note on the opening page, demanding that he stop—I couldn't be entirely candid in it"

.Another time, Britt Ekland was with Rod when we were visiting, and when she wanted to go home, I stole her shoe so she couldn't leave. I guess I needed attention."

by Anonymousreply 39September 29, 2019 7:26 AM

Online comment:

That Tatum woman is awful. I saw her as a diner on Hell's Kitchen and she was so so rude! She told Gordon Ramsay his food wasn't up to her standard. It was cringe worthy! awful woman.

by Anonymousreply 40September 29, 2019 8:34 PM

Peter Bogdanovich: Tatum O'Neal was a first-class pain in the neck

From Picture Shows : The Life and Films of Peter Bogdanovich:

Platt, on board as production designer, suggested Ryan O’Neal’s daughter Tatum—whom Bogdanovich had never met—for the role of Addie Pray. At that point Platt saw Tatum’s future as troubled, to put it mildly. Once during the filming of What's Up, Doc? she had as a favor for O’Neal picked Tatum up at her mother’s house and had found her sleeping in the bath tub.

Together they drove to O’Neal’s Malibu house so-that Bogdanovich could check out Platt’s choice. The doughty Tatum coolly looked him up and down as they were introduced. “Hey, you’re a little on the chubby side!” was her first observation.

But gradually she convinced Bogdanovich that Platt was right. Tatum was cute rather than pretty, extremely precocious and very appealing with her mixture of feistiness and toughness in almost equal measure. There was, however, an obstacle to overcome as Bogdanovich phoned in his casting choices to Bob Evans at Paramount. It seemed that Evans had sworn he would never again make a picture with O’Neal after the star had had an affair with his wife, Ali McGraw. Bogdanovich turned to Platt disconsolately after the call. “He won’t do it with Ryan,” he informed her. “Yes, he will,” Platt promised.

by Anonymousreply 41October 5, 2019 5:43 PM

Once filming started the first problem was with Tatum. “She didn’t have any idea what the hell we were doing and for half the movie she couldn’t have cared less,” says Bogdanovich.

“She never had much discipline in her life,” Bogdanovich sighs.

Bogdanovich recalls being on a road in the middle of Kansas with a rig pulling the car with a camera on it, and about a dozen people hanging on. “It was a key scene between Addie and Moses, where a lot of things were implied about their love or need for each other. We figured the scene would run for about a mile and a half, and two miles down there was a single place on this narrow road where we could turn and come back. Since it had to be done without a cut, if they started down the road and after three lines somebody blew it, we’d have to go the full two miles before we could turn and start all over again. The first day we did it 25 times. It was around the nineteenth take that Ryan said he couldn’t do it any more.”

Bogdanovich took the distraught actor to one side and walked up the road with him for about a half mile, trying to calm him down. After this break, O’Neal was ready to start again, but with several more takes the scene still wasn’t working out. Bogdanovich decided to leave it for a few days and go on to other, simpler scenes. Later he went back and got the take he wanted—on the sixteenth attempt, courtesy of Tatum.

There was another time we were shooting a carnival scene at night. Tatum got there about five o’clock and by the time we were ready to shoot she was lying on the ground. ‘Get up,’ Ryan and I yelled at her. After about five weeks of shooting, she finally got into it and started to like the process and was much better. She almost became professional, thank God.”

by Anonymousreply 42October 5, 2019 5:43 PM

Tatum O’Neal joined the cast of Nickelodeon as the young Anita Loos-type character, who at fourteen has sold her first script to D.W. Griffith for a Mary Pickford film.

If Tatum O’Neal had been a wild, untutored kid on Paper Moon, her experience on that movie had served only to make her into a first-class pain in the neck, Bogdanovich found.

After a few days’ shooting he took her to one side. “Love,” he said, “we’re just not getting along.”

“I know,” Tatum agreed, “that’s because you’re picking on me.”

“That’s because you’re being such a nuisance,” Bogdanovich countered. “You’ve got to know your lines. Stop picking on the other actors, and don’t be so clever. Be a professional, and stop blaming everyone else when you screw up.”

by Anonymousreply 43October 5, 2019 5:43 PM

Andy Warhol Trashing Tatum O'Neal

From The Andy Warhol diaries: Wednesday, December 10, 1986

"I thought I was going to have to take photos of Tatum in the morning for the portrait I’m doing so I lugged all the camera stuff home and everything but then when I called her it was too difficult for her to schedule, she said why didn’t we wait until after Aspen. I think the O’Neal family is probably a really stupid family. Because here’s this little girl who thinks she’s so smart, she just thinks she’s so intelligent. And when she was a little girl she was advanced, but …"

by Anonymousreply 44October 5, 2019 5:45 PM

Tatum O'Neal acting like a spoiled brat in Hell's kitchen

Online comments about Tatum's brat behavior:

I'm watching Hell's kitchen season 14, and you, talking about the "mediocre" food. it was soooo disgusting as a person. No humility,

I think she comes off as a brat. Luckily, she and her son are the only ones that consider her opinion important

Yup just another unappreciative creep from Hollywood.

I would call her career mediocre. Winning an Oscar when you are a kid and accomplishing absolutely nothing after it, would make you a poster child for mediocrity.

Oh Tatum...I love you girl but this is why they call you "Tantrum"

Every other VIP has appreciated the food.

Tatum who?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45October 5, 2019 5:52 PM

Tatum O'Neal acted totally rude and nasty in in Hell's kitchen. but then she kept whining on Twitter about people's hateful comments to her:

Tatum O'neal: The comments people are making are truly hateful and hurting my feelings. #hellskitchen

People dragged Tatum on Twitter for her hypocrisy:

I know, right? Tatum spreading hate on hk was disgusting!

@Tatum_Oneal just watched your Hell's Kitchen episode and you are ridiculously ignorant and uppity toward ur cooks and servers. #norespect

Lol I find it bizarre that she claims the comments on here hurt but doesnt care how her comments hurt the chefs. Hypocrite.

@Tatum_Oneal Maybe you should think about others next time you decide to act like a pretentious jerk. Hard working people have feelings too.

@Tatum_Oneal That's because you we're acting stuck up over something you've had 56472 times in your life... food.

You were kinda a diva tbh you called Gordon Ramsay' food mediocre🤷🏾‍♀️😂

4 1/2 yrs later I'm watching the episode and I agree, you were a stuck up, pretentious, diva. Let's see you cook that food yourself I can guarantee you won't be a quarter of what they produced.

Yeah, I just watched the episode for the first time on Pluto TV, and she was a complete snot. Calling the food mediocre and acting too good for the perfect Wellington she received.... Shameful.

@Tatum_Oneal maybe if you wasn't such a bitch on their you wouldn't get remarks

@Tatum_Oneal Maybe you should behave a little better. Looked pretty entitled there. #RUDE #Entitled Knock Knock, Tatum who?? '73isdead

by Anonymousreply 46October 5, 2019 5:53 PM

Online comments:

Alright so this isn’t a very high quality post but was anyone else super annoyed at Tatum O’Neal when she was the VIP guest at the chef’s table (I believe it was s14 e13)? I’d never really heard of her before watching that episode, so it definitely left me with a bad taste in my mouth about her. She was complaining about the plating of the appetizers, and then called the food mediocre. And sent her entree back because she didn’t like the way it was cooked . And that’s the way she’s acting knowing that she’s ON CAMERA, imagine what she’d be like in real life.

She still seems to think that her award from 40 years ago means she is Hollywood royalty and expects to be treated as such.

Just watched it and yah she was annoying. I'm convinced she didn't even want the beef wellington and just hoped that she would get the chefs in trouble.

by Anonymousreply 47October 5, 2019 5:54 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!