Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Miss Gulch Got A Bad Rap

Like Scrooge she was vilified, probably because she was a Jewess.

It was Dorothy and her dog that did all the damage and not just once. Even when represented in alternate form, it was Dorothy who kept the rightful property of the shoes.

by Anonymousreply 15January 2, 2020 7:16 PM

Once again lesbians being portrayed in a negative light

by Anonymousreply 1September 18, 2019 3:53 PM

To be specific, she was an Askhenazi Jew. Ashkenaz” in Hebrew refers to Germany, and Ashkenazi Jews are those who originated in Eastern Europe. (Sephardic Jews, by contrast, are from the areas around the Mediterranean Sea, including Portugal, Spain, the Middle East and Northern Africa.)

by Anonymousreply 2September 18, 2019 4:02 PM

Finally! Someone sees my side of things! And my rugelach is the best.

by Anonymousreply 3September 19, 2019 3:21 AM

She got a bad rap because she was ugly.

Face it (no pun intended), if Miss Gulch were a knockout blonde, or raven-haired with rosy cheeks, that dog would have been put down, and Dorothy sent to a school for wayward girls, where her flights of fancy would have been beat out of her good and proper.

by Anonymousreply 4September 19, 2019 3:40 AM

"Oh, she bit her dog, eh?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5September 19, 2019 4:48 AM

Remember when Dorothy's aunt says "being a good CHRISTIAN woman, I can't say it."

Aunt Em was anti-Semitic

by Anonymousreply 6September 20, 2019 3:21 PM

With that lipless face, pencil-like, curveless body and fragile bird bones she was a Jewess??

Uh, no. That bitch was PWT to the core of her being. Like, grandma at the age of 36 Appalachian WT.

by Anonymousreply 7September 20, 2019 3:27 PM

Miss Gulch rode a bike too. She was "green" long before it was hip and the liberal thing to do.

Even the dumb hired hands blamed Dorothy for taking Toto to her farm and letting him run amok.

by Anonymousreply 8September 21, 2019 2:24 PM

Miss Gulch as former courtesan.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9September 21, 2019 2:28 PM

Aunt Em was an antiSemite. She was all like "Almira Gulch just because you own half the county doesn't mean you can tell the other half what to do. I would tell you a thing or two but being a good CHRISTIAN woman, I can't."

by Anonymousreply 10November 24, 2019 9:48 AM

Lesbian? That old badger's pussy was dustier than an Oklahoma ghost town.

by Anonymousreply 11November 24, 2019 10:30 AM

The role that made Margaret Hamilton almost uncastable in future roles, because she was so amazingly good.

by Anonymousreply 12November 24, 2019 12:00 PM

I want to find the scene that shows the dildo attached to Miss Gulch's bike that really helped her move up and down both going down that dusty Kansas road and in the sky during the tornado.

by Anonymousreply 13January 2, 2020 5:59 PM

You don't get much WASPier than Miss Gulch. She is the classic vinegary New England spinster writ large.

Aunt Em's reluctance to say what she wanted to say to Miss Gulch because she, herself, was a Christian woman is a hint that "fly straight to hell" was probably the thing she had in mind. Of course Miss Gulch actually and quite literally does just that, if the view provided of her in the tornado is to be believed.

I think that even if Miss Gulch survived the tornado, it gave her other problems to think about that permanently eclipsed Toto.

by Anonymousreply 14January 2, 2020 6:44 PM

Miss Gulch had to wear depends before they were invented!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 2, 2020 7:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!