Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bryer and Kam’s Bogus Journey: Manitoba Manhunt Epilogue

Postmortem (literally!) discussion of the Great Nazi Twink Escapade 2019. If any further news breaks, post it here. Meanwhile, keep hating on the RCMP, and stanning for Hot Daddy Bear Clint and Cub Reporter Austin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99July 27, 2021 5:16 AM

Previous thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 18, 2019 1:22 PM

I can't remember if this article was posted in the previous thread, but fuck it, it has Clint.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 18, 2019 5:49 PM

Could anybody give TLDR of the juiciest details. Any actual gay elements?

by Anonymousreply 3September 18, 2019 7:38 PM

Fasten your seatbelts, Mr. Schmegelsky is on the rampage again! This time, I think he speaks for everyone in these threads:

[quote] Six weeks later, Schmegelsky has questions about the RCMP’s handling of the case, saying he doesn’t understand how two young men who had never travelled far beyond their hometown of Port Alberni, B.C. could have eluded police for so long. “The boys got all the way to Manitoba,” he said. “Come on. The world knows they got halfway across the country. How many police officers were on this chase? “There were thousands of Mounties on that chase. My son had never left the island before. How did they get halfway across the country with two Walmart paycheques? Where’d the guns come from?”

You tell 'em, pops.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4September 18, 2019 9:28 PM

Thanks for posting Sylv, do we have the fucking report yet? I swear this is the most exciting case these rubes have handled and they're determined to drag it out. They could at least confirm if the guns were the murder weapons..

by Anonymousreply 5September 18, 2019 9:39 PM

All this silence makes me wonder, were the boys framed?

by Anonymousreply 6September 18, 2019 9:45 PM

Kam was, he looks like a gentle soul.

by Anonymousreply 7September 18, 2019 9:47 PM

Still decomposing.

I wish Bry's daddy would go on the run and see how long it takes the RCMP to catch him. That would be a fun game for all my Mountie friends, lord knows they could use a laugh with this case.

by Anonymousreply 8September 18, 2019 10:03 PM

R8 Ha! Bryer's dad could never survive on the lam, because he'd stop every 15 minutes to tell someone, "Hey! I'm on the lam!"

Oh, and the RCMP haven't caught this actual Nazi yet, either:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9September 18, 2019 10:12 PM

I know this is a naive question, but when they were being pursued by Mounties was any of that on actual horseback? Do any of them still ride horses, especially if Manitoba was considered such rural with rough terrain?

by Anonymousreply 10September 18, 2019 10:13 PM

How big was Kam's willy?

by Anonymousreply 11September 19, 2019 10:20 PM

Only Bryer knew that, R11.

by Anonymousreply 12September 19, 2019 10:54 PM

The dad's still batshit I see. Hopefully the RCMP nail him for breaking the NDA he signed and force him to take responsibility for his actions for the first time in his life.

by Anonymousreply 13September 20, 2019 7:02 AM

Port Alberinians fear tourists will stop visiting. And they've got a local guy who calls himself The Codfather.

[quote] Dale Leier, who calls himself the “Codfather” of Port Alberni and runs a fishing store of the same name, said locals had no more insight than anyone else about what motivated the teens to allegedly kill three people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14September 21, 2019 2:32 PM

What is the story of their deaths? Are the "official autopsies" released? I bet they covered up the true facts of their deaths. Of course if the young men had AIDS, they wouldn't list it.

by Anonymousreply 15September 21, 2019 2:34 PM

Buried at the end of the article, Chynna's sister comes for Crazy Dad Schmegelsky. Team Chynna!

[quote] “We are not cut from the same cloth, as he has played the victim throughout his life and won’t acknowledge his hand in his child’s upbringing and ultimate demise,” she said.

by Anonymousreply 16September 21, 2019 2:35 PM

RCMP news conference and technical briefing coming this Friday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17September 26, 2019 12:49 AM

It's about damned time!

by Anonymousreply 18September 26, 2019 12:50 AM

Nah, think about it, R18. Waiting for toxicology, ballistics, sorting through any other security videos with the two suspects, etc...it's only been about six weeks since the bodies were found.

We'll soon be able to dream cast the movie.

Who'll play Austin? Who'll play Clint?

by Anonymousreply 19September 26, 2019 12:54 AM

They should have at least told us if the videotape included any confession and/or motive.

by Anonymousreply 20September 26, 2019 9:07 PM

While we continue to WAIT for the damn report, enjoy this article and lovely pics of Manitoba.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21September 27, 2019 7:06 PM

Shit, I'm going to miss the news conference. Damn Pacific Time.

[quote] Mounties announced Wednesday they would release a report into their investigation Friday afternoon. Media will get access to the report at 1 p.m. during a technical briefing, then remarks will be made publicly at 2:15 p.m.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22September 27, 2019 7:38 PM

Miles should play the Nazi and Connor the beardy. Dino Fetscher can play Austin.

by Anonymousreply 23September 27, 2019 7:41 PM

Schmegelsky, McLeod admitted to northern B.C. homicides before killing themselves, video footage reveals

Sep 27, 2019

In a series of videos recorded in the days before they killed themselves, Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod stated that they were responsible for three murders in northern British Columbia but never provided any motive for the killings.

RCMP detailed the contents of the videos Friday as part of an overview of the investigation that led police on one of the largest manhunts in Canadian history this summer, as the two young men fled from B.C. to the remote river bank where they died in northern Manitoba.

A digital camera found with their bodies held six videos and three still images.

In the longest — at 58 seconds — police say Schmegelsky and McLeod admit to killing Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese and Leonard Dyck.

"Schmegelsky states that they are responsible for the three murders. They were going to march to Hudson Bay where they planned to highjack a boat and go to Europe or Africa," the police report says.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24September 27, 2019 9:56 PM

Schmegelsky, McLeod admitted to northern B.C. homicides before killing themselves, video footage reveals

Sep 27, 2019

In a series of videos recorded in the days before they killed themselves, Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod stated that they were responsible for three murders in northern British Columbia but never provided any motive for the killings.

RCMP detailed the contents of the videos Friday as part of an overview of the investigation that led police on one of the largest manhunts in Canadian history this summer, as the two young men fled from B.C. to the remote river bank where they died in northern Manitoba.

A digital camera found with their bodies held six videos and three still images.

In the longest — at 58 seconds — police say Schmegelsky and McLeod admit to killing Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese and Leonard Dyck.

"Schmegelsky states that they are responsible for the three murders. They were going to march to Hudson Bay where they planned to highjack a boat and go to Europe or Africa," the police report says.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25September 27, 2019 9:57 PM

'It was a partnership' with no clear motive:

The manhunt spanned three provinces in July and August and now police are releasing the information that lead them to believe teens, Kam McLeod and Bryer Schmegelsky were the ones who killed three people in northern B.C.

Police confirmed the teens died in a suicide pact, and stated McLeod shot Schmegelsky and then took his own life.

They are accused of killing tourists Lucas Fowler and Chyna Deese and B.C. resident Leonard Dyck. The murders were more than 500 kilometres apart, and approximately a 7.5 hour drive.

In videos found by police, Mounties say the Schmegelsky and McLeod took responsibility for all three murders.

Mounties confirm it was the matching ammunition at both murders that lead them to link the cases.

Two rifles were found with their bodies and were determined to be the same guns used in Fort Nelson and Dease Lake.

The teens were originally deemed missing until new information came to light suggesting that wasn’t the case. Mounties have now released how they got there.

Mounties found a digital camera where the bodies of the teens were found, and on it are six videos and three still images. According to police, none of the videos contain information about a motive.

Mounties described the teens in the videos as "cold," that they "lacked remorse," and that the teens "lacked what you would find to be a normal human emotional response." Police will not be releasing these videos but summarized them as follows:

Video one is 58 seconds long and in it police say both teens are visible and Schmegelsky stated they are responsible for the three murders.

They also say they were going to march to Hudson Bay where they planned to highjack a boat and go to Europe or Africa.

Video two is 51 seconds long and in it Schmegelsky stated they'd reached the river and suggested they may have to take their lives. McLeod agreed in the video and again they took credit for killing three people.

Video three is 32 seconds long and Schmegelsky says they have shaved in preparation for their own death. They now plan to go back to kill more people and expect to be dead in a week.

Video four is 19 seconds long and they describe they are going to shoot themselves.

Video five is six seconds long and appeared to have been taken unintentionally.

Video six is 31 seconds long and McLeod and Schmegelsky state this is their last will and testament and express their wish to be cremated.

Police believe the teens worked in a partnership and that there was no clear leader.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26September 27, 2019 10:01 PM

Well, that isn’t very satisfying.

by Anonymousreply 27September 27, 2019 10:06 PM

Well, at least we have the interesting details about all the video clips they left of their step by step decisions to commit the murders, try to escape by boat to Europe and to then shoot each other.

by Anonymousreply 28September 27, 2019 10:09 PM

[Quote]Police believe the teens worked in a partnership and that there was no clear leader.

Kam executed the murder-suicide pact so he seems like the dominant partner to me.

by Anonymousreply 29September 27, 2019 10:11 PM

R29, that's interesting because up until now DL has assumed that it was Bryer manipulating Kam.

by Anonymousreply 30September 27, 2019 10:14 PM

Is the full report available for download?

by Anonymousreply 31September 27, 2019 11:25 PM

They also provided more information about the murders. Deese and Fowler died of multiple gunshot wounds, with some appearing to have come from behind. There was no evidence of sexual assault.

There appeared to be some “escalation” of violence between the two crime scenes.

Dyck was found with injuries to his head and body, including bruises and burn marks. At first, police believed his cause of death was blunt-force trauma, but when the coroner arrived and his body was moved, they found a bullet entry/exit wound. A spent casing was located on the ground.

He remained unidentified until his wife Helen contacted police after seeing a composite sketch of her husband.

A video from a store in Dease Lake showed Schmegelsky and McLeod buying items, including doughnut packages, a Coffee Crisp chocolate bar and two pairs of gloves. Remnants of the items were found near the place Dyck was found, as well as a damaged SIM card belonging to McLeod and his Walmart employee ID card.

On July 22, a witness who knew Schmegelsky and McLeod came forward to tell police he “believed the boys may have been involved in the murders.” It was the first time police learned they may be “capable of the murders which conflicted with original witness statements from family and associates.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32September 27, 2019 11:29 PM

So were they long dead while the police were looking for them?

by Anonymousreply 33September 27, 2019 11:50 PM

R33 Yes. And according to the story at R21, being eaten by ravens.

by Anonymousreply 34September 28, 2019 12:04 AM

Australia has now picked up the story:

---

Royal Candian Mounted Police Assistant Commissioner Kevin Hackett addressed the media, calling the teens' filmed confessions "cold".

"They were cold, they were remorseless, they were matter of fact," he said.

A waterproof camera, believed to have belonged to Dyck, was found near the teens' bodies.

On it were six videos and three photos, detailing the crimes, a suicide pact and their wishes to be cremated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35September 28, 2019 12:37 AM

A camera, R35? Or a phone's camera?

by Anonymousreply 36September 28, 2019 12:47 AM

Here's the actual RCMP report.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37September 28, 2019 2:12 AM

Morons with no value, not even worm food.

by Anonymousreply 38September 28, 2019 2:54 AM

Their absurd plan to hijack a boat on the Hudson Bay and sail to Europe reminds me of Harris & Klebold, who wanted to hijack a plane and maybe fly it into a building. (Which turned out not to be so absurd after all, but how were we to know that in 1999?)

by Anonymousreply 39September 28, 2019 12:07 PM

So Kam finally changed out of that blue tee shirt and was dressed in a camouflage shirt?

Bryer they had shaved in preparation for death but Kam was found bearded?

How come their victim had burn marks?

Why did Kam take his Walmart ID with him?

What stage of decomposition were they at?

by Anonymousreply 40September 28, 2019 12:32 PM

So they were dead dead?

by Anonymousreply 41September 28, 2019 12:34 PM

Kam killed Bryer to protect others from his rampage. Bryer made all the videos and threatened to go looking for more victims. I wonder why they just gave up.

by Anonymousreply 42September 28, 2019 2:01 PM

Which boy did the ravens prefer? What exactly had the eaten?

by Anonymousreply 43September 28, 2019 2:08 PM

So all that money spent chasing possible sightings and they were already dead?

by Anonymousreply 44September 28, 2019 2:13 PM

Also people shouldn't be surprised we didnt learn anything.

The truth is for people who murder strangers there is never anything to learn. There is something wrong with them and they want to kill and one day they just do.

Murder has a motive when it is a crime or passion or financial/drug related, but this type of stranger murder is just senseless violence by damaged individuals.

by Anonymousreply 45September 28, 2019 2:20 PM

R45 I think there could always be something to learn. Were they motivated by an idealogy? What caused them to develop this plan together? What did they hope to gain?

by Anonymousreply 46September 28, 2019 2:48 PM

We’re they incels? Lovers? So many questions.

by Anonymousreply 47September 28, 2019 3:36 PM

[quote] Bryer they had shaved in preparation for death but Kam was found bearded?

Of all the crazy aspects of this case, Bryer having to shave is way up there.

[quote] How come their victim had burn marks?

Because they were sick little fucks.

[quote}Why did Kam take his Walmart ID with him?

Because he was none too bright?

by Anonymousreply 48September 28, 2019 4:35 PM

Ugh! This site and it's stupid formatting. Would it kill Muriel to invest in a wysiwyg editor??

by Anonymousreply 49September 28, 2019 4:36 PM

Sylv were you surprised that Kam shot Bryer? Why didn't they shoot themselves? Or shoot each other at the same time?

I still wonder how badly their bodies had decomposed.

by Anonymousreply 50September 28, 2019 5:58 PM

R48 Well I guess having a killer associated with Walmart is one way to get people suspicious of them?

by Anonymousreply 51September 28, 2019 6:53 PM

[quote]still wonder how badly their bodies had decomposed.

Why? Ew.

by Anonymousreply 52September 28, 2019 6:58 PM

R50 I was somewhat surprised because the Kam fangirl on these threads had nearly brainwashed me into thinking that Kam was an Anne Geddes model of sweetness and light. That'll show her!

by Anonymousreply 53September 28, 2019 7:41 PM

Sylv I very well may have been that person! Although I was sure Kam was complicit and I didn't think he was some innocent being manipulated, I did question if he might have been following and helping cover for his mentally unstable buddy, Bryer.

Bryer's Father certainly did a number of his son's reputation, never seeming to doubt he was capable of going on a spree kill and not stopping til he was dead. Plus we heard reports of how unsettling Bryer could be with his peers but nothing untoward mentioned about Kam (that I saw). Plus his family defended him and said they couldn't fathom him doing anything like this.

Maybe if we'd known about them purchasing the gun from the get-go our outlook would have been changed? What a sad, pointless mess all round.

by Anonymousreply 54September 28, 2019 7:55 PM

The websleuths gang figured out early on that Kam was the sort-of leader. His family will be in therapy for a long time trying to understand how they lived with a stranger. Bry's father knew he was a monster but preferred to play the blame game, "somebody else's monster." Now he will blame Kam for actually shooting Bry.

Somewhere in the little town of Port Alberni, a Greek Chorus is just warming up.

by Anonymousreply 55September 28, 2019 8:06 PM

[quote]I did question if he might have been following and helping cover for his mentally unstable buddy, Bryer.

Excuse me, but that was really [italic]reaching[/italic]. Who would tag along with a "mentally unstable" serial killer because of friendship?

by Anonymousreply 56September 28, 2019 8:10 PM

Kam clearly shot Bryer to stop him going out to continue the spree, like he said he would do in the video.

by Anonymousreply 57September 28, 2019 9:16 PM

[quote]We’re they incels? Lovers? So many questions.

Yes, we need a DL reporter who will ask about the true nature of this unusual relationship.

Was something going on between them?

by Anonymousreply 58September 28, 2019 9:34 PM

From the report of the images found on their camera (and yes, it was a digital camera, not a phone):

"Still image #1 depicts Schmegelsky lying on his side posing with a SKS rife"

Bryer was a saucy minx, even to the last.

by Anonymousreply 59September 29, 2019 1:25 AM

Kam still doesn't want you R57

by Anonymousreply 60September 29, 2019 1:58 AM

Did Bryer & Kam have sex with each other?

by Anonymousreply 61September 29, 2019 2:01 AM

R61 ask the ravens.

by Anonymousreply 62September 29, 2019 6:11 AM

Where's Austin at these days? We need a thread just for him.

by Anonymousreply 63October 13, 2019 8:53 PM

R63, I follow him on Twitter and he's back to reporting other news stories.

by Anonymousreply 64October 13, 2019 8:56 PM

Is the mayor there gay too?

by Anonymousreply 65October 13, 2019 8:59 PM

I bet they are still alive

by Anonymousreply 66November 18, 2019 3:33 PM

Finally an update!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67December 20, 2019 4:34 PM

Finally an update!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68December 20, 2019 4:35 PM

Oh goody! Thanks R68.

by Anonymousreply 69December 20, 2019 4:49 PM

So Kam allegedly had a girlfriend, and Bryer had a thing for Kam's younger sister? Hmmm.

by Anonymousreply 70December 20, 2019 5:22 PM

[Quote] An Aug. 2 warrant application mentions a "cell mate undercover operation," with hopes that McLeod and Schmegelsky will "develop a bond" with the jailhouse operatives and implicate themselves in the murders.

What's that all about? What jailhouse operatives?

by Anonymousreply 71December 20, 2019 5:31 PM

More news.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72December 20, 2019 5:40 PM

Pretty disgusted, sounds like they tortured the Professor and burned him.

I'm not surprised Kam had a girlfriend. Guessing he didn't die a virgin.

by Anonymousreply 73December 21, 2019 8:02 AM

But how important were these girlfriends? It seems their relationship with each other became more important to them since they ended up going on a murder-suicide spree.

by Anonymousreply 74December 21, 2019 8:06 AM

Yeah, they tortured the professor. Kam's family home was filled with guns. His sister refused Bry so that makes her the sane one. The world is better off without these two jerks.

by Anonymousreply 75December 21, 2019 9:26 AM

I never read Kam's home was full of guns? I thought it was Bryer..

by Anonymousreply 76December 21, 2019 12:02 PM

R74 Bryer just wanted Kam's sister to sublimate his desire for Kam.

R76 The new article just posted said that Kam's home was also full of guns. This is redneck Canada, so it's not surprising.

Anyway, theories on the mysterious redacted french fry details??

[quote] One thing that leapt out to the officer was the presence of what appeared to be scattered french fries and a red cardboard McDonald's container on the ground between his legs. The odd discovery is referred to repeatedly across the warrants, usually prefaced by a single, blacked-out word, suggesting there was something noteworthy about the state of the food.

by Anonymousreply 77December 21, 2019 1:18 PM

Was it chewed? Regurgitated?

by Anonymousreply 78December 21, 2019 1:21 PM

The only decent thing Kam's former girlfriend can do now is release his nudes.

by Anonymousreply 79December 21, 2019 2:12 PM

R78 That's what I was thinking, but why redact that? Why must these damnable Canadians be so secretive about every little thing?

by Anonymousreply 80December 23, 2019 1:07 AM

This article has a little more info.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81December 23, 2019 3:35 AM

Still makes absolutely no sense why they started to kill.

by Anonymousreply 82December 23, 2019 9:15 AM

Because they wanted to be infamous serial killers.

by Anonymousreply 83December 23, 2019 1:55 PM

More like a spree

by Anonymousreply 84December 23, 2019 2:01 PM

I’m still kind of sad that it ended the way it did for these poor boys.

by Anonymousreply 85December 23, 2019 5:12 PM

I'm still kind of sad at what those poor boys did. Sad for them? Nah.

by Anonymousreply 86December 23, 2019 5:19 PM

Austin's back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87February 29, 2020 1:21 AM

It's been a year already!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88August 1, 2020 3:18 PM

Killer Twinks, we hardly knew ye!

by Anonymousreply 89August 1, 2020 7:21 PM

At least we were introduced to Austin, R89!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90August 1, 2020 8:03 PM

Kam had a hot ass

by Anonymousreply 91August 1, 2020 8:12 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92August 1, 2020 8:13 PM

Looks like Austin has a boyfriend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93August 1, 2020 8:16 PM

I loathe Austin's new hairstyle. Every gay man Of A Certain Age in Pittsburgh has that same cut, and that's not a look anyone should emulate. Boyfriend is cute.

by Anonymousreply 94August 1, 2020 9:29 PM

I hope that hot daddy Clint's river tour business hasn't been too severely affected by the pandemic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95August 1, 2020 9:46 PM

Not a word about how handsome poor, cremated Kam was...

by Anonymousreply 96August 1, 2020 9:53 PM

The boyfriend is cute, R94. They look good together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97August 2, 2020 1:32 AM

R72 They killed Santa!

by Anonymousreply 98May 9, 2021 3:39 PM

Bryer's dad is nuts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99July 27, 2021 5:16 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!