Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

New Focus on Rural America post-debate poll from Iowa

Biden 25% (+8 from July)

Warren 23% (+3)

Buttigieg 12% (+2)

Sanders 9% (-3)

Klobuchar 8% (+4)

Harris 5% (-13)

Steyer 3%

Booker 2% (-), Yang 2% (+1)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17September 18, 2019 8:19 PM

[quote]More than half of voters have ruled out Castro (60%) and Yang (64%), while 46% have decided against Sanders and O’Rourke.

[quote]Support for a centrist candidate remains. 60% said they believe Democrats need to move to the center to beat Trump. 32% strongly believe beating Trump will take a moderate Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 1September 18, 2019 12:56 PM

So glad Pete is finally going up!

by Anonymousreply 2September 18, 2019 12:59 PM

Kamala has put the early states on the backburner and is focusing on fundraising stints on the coasts right now, to try and impress with her Q3 haul. These results are the natural result of that strategy.

by Anonymousreply 3September 18, 2019 1:02 PM

I don't understand why we STILL let the Iowa caucus be such a big deal. Yes, yes I know it's all the media, but why do we go along with it every time? The state is over 90% white, hardly representative of the country as a whole; so why do we put so much early importance on it?

Jimmy Carter and 1976 was a long, long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 4September 18, 2019 1:07 PM

Black people in South Carolina like to see how wypipo are thinking, so it works out. And you know no one would pay attention to California anyway even if they moved their primary ahead of everyone else.

The smugness in Iowa can be annoying, though.

by Anonymousreply 5September 18, 2019 1:17 PM

This is depressing. Warren is our only hope if Sanders continues to fall. What the fuck do people see in Pete? I still haven’t heard one person say WHY he’s running for president.

by Anonymousreply 6September 18, 2019 1:19 PM

Pete is a Midwesterner and it shows. He’s brilliant, but he talks and relates like a Middle American. He doesn’t talk down to middle America or sneer at its values. His rhetoric connects

by Anonymousreply 7September 18, 2019 1:23 PM

r6 He says why in every single one of his stump speeches, just like every other candidate. You just elected not to hear what he has to say. Which is fine; we all have our faves. But gaslighting everyone into thinking he hasn't said why he's running for president is just childish.

[quote]What the fuck do people see in Pete?

That's the point of the primaries and elections in general. I have no idea what people see in Warren, but I'm not going to point that out constantly like a broken record. Just focus on your own damn candidate instead.

by Anonymousreply 8September 18, 2019 1:23 PM

I would vote for warren if she is the nominee, but I think Trump would easily beat her

by Anonymousreply 9September 18, 2019 1:26 PM

Honestly, Amy is kinda killing it even with her limited resources.

by Anonymousreply 10September 18, 2019 1:26 PM

Petes whole thing is “generational change” but what does THAT mean? HOW is he gonna change things? Everything I hear from him is middle of the road speak purely designed to make people feel good. What are his bold ideas? He doesn’t even support Medicare for all. He has zero experience and is the mayor of the fourth largest city in Indiana where even he said he “couldn’t get it done”.

Anyway, it’s moot. Biden will win the nomination. He’s at 49% with black voters in a new poll released today and that isn’t changing anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 11September 18, 2019 1:27 PM

If you don't think radically reforming the Supreme Court and decriminalising all drug possession is a bold idea, then I can't help you. As for the experience, you're just blatantly lying again as you have done so before, so I won't engage you further. I'll just say that he has eight years of executive experience. That's eight more years than Obama or Trump had before assuming office. Shuffling papers in the senate (state or federal) does not executive experience make.

by Anonymousreply 12September 18, 2019 1:34 PM

Loving the meltdown some DLer in another thread is having about this poll. Hopefully he doesn't have a heart attack if the Selzer poll this week is equally surprising.

by Anonymousreply 13September 18, 2019 1:36 PM

OHHhh Pete's slowly rising, watch out.

by Anonymousreply 14September 18, 2019 1:38 PM

Generational change? Who does Pete think he is? Freakin' JFK? GMAFB. Pete ain't no JFK, not even close.

And Chasten makes an ugly Jackie.

by Anonymousreply 15September 18, 2019 1:51 PM

Another Iowa poll out just now, this one from Iowa State University (B rating).

Warren 24%

Biden 16%

Sanders 16%

Buttigieg 13%

Harris 5%

Gabbard 4%

Klobuchar 3%

Yang 3%

[quote]We also asked respondents if there is “any Democratic candidate you DO NOT want to be the nominee.” This is an open ended question where respondents had to type in the name of the candidate. The candidate that respondents DID NOT want to be the nominee? [bold]Almost a third said Joe Biden (31%).[/bold] Sanders was second with about a quarter of respondents (23%). The only other candidates above 10% were Williamson (12%) and Harris (11%).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16September 18, 2019 2:15 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 17September 18, 2019 8:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!