Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Roseanne returns to stand-up comedy

Says bad behavior was the result of Ambien.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44September 19, 2019 10:58 PM

I’m so glad. She’s a very funny lady and she was very good at stand up.

by Anonymousreply 1September 17, 2019 12:57 AM

Fuck her. Racist piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 2September 17, 2019 12:58 AM

Desperate times call for desperate measures...

by Anonymousreply 3September 17, 2019 1:02 AM

I took Ambien twice and it was *terrifying* because I did all sorts of weird things while blacked out and woke up with zero memory of them. For example, I created a Facebook album of pictures of friends, family and coworkers paired up who I said should be together (including many married ones) and tagged them and laughed when they asked me not to do that. And I took a close-up picture of my eye and texted it to everyone in my phone. I swear I don’t recall any of it but I woke up to the evidence and lots of complaints. I’m really glad I didn’t decide to go for a drive or anything.

Of course, I didn’t do or say anything racist or otherwise hateful.

by Anonymousreply 4September 17, 2019 1:02 AM

Kevin Hart should of had to do the same walk of shame, but the homophobic blacks and gay erasure Ts didn’t care. If Kevin, Eddie Murphy and countless other black male comedians who’ve said “faggot” and made AIDS jokes can still work, as a gay white male, I welcome Roseanne back with open arms. Let’s be honest her comedy, less that tweet, has always been more our cup of tea over the “Why dez bitches got to be like...?” & “You now when you fittin’ to get some of dat good pussy...?” bullshit.

And without her we’d of never had this moment:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5September 17, 2019 1:05 AM

WHY ARE WE BRINGING UP KEVIN HART?!

by Anonymousreply 6September 17, 2019 1:08 AM

[quote]I took Ambien twice and it was *terrifying* because I did all sorts of weird things while blacked out and woke up with zero memory of them. For example, I created a Facebook album of pictures of friends, family and coworkers paired up who I said should be together (including many married ones) and tagged them and laughed when they asked me not to do that. And I took a close-up picture of my eye and texted it to everyone in my phone. I swear I don’t recall any of it but I woke up to the evidence and lots of complaints. I’m really glad I didn’t decide to go for a drive or anything.

OMG, thanks for the laugh. Glad I'm not the only one.

by Anonymousreply 7September 17, 2019 1:15 AM

Courtney Love has also claimed that Ambien has caused her to do crazy things. It's hard telling if it's the drug, or just the innate crazy in these people.

by Anonymousreply 8September 17, 2019 1:16 AM

I feel zero sympathy for her, and think she got everything she deserved. No one is going to see her show except racists.

And claiming she didn't know Valerie Jarrett is black, but just by chance comparing her to an ape? Please.

by Anonymousreply 9September 17, 2019 1:19 AM

I just had a dream last night that I went to an annual party of people I knew in junior high school (no, I don’t go to such parties) and someone made a remark about how they were surprised I came back after last year’s party. A man and a woman came in and they were really creepy and violent-looking. I asked “What happened last year?” People got really offended and thought I was lying.

“No really, I said. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

It turned out that at the previous year’s party I had to leave to get stitches in my face. I had no memory of that happening. “Yeah, sure you don’t” (eyeroll). Since everyone acted offended by me, I was afraid to ask how my face got hurt. I thought “I must’ve taken Ambien and that’s why I don’t remember any of this! Did I do something bad? Did I get into a fight with someone? Did I fall down?” The sinister violent couple were laughing at me and shaking their heads like, “Can you believe this asshole?”

I said, “If I did something bad, I’m sorry. I think maybe I took ambien and...” they all started roaring with sarcastic laughter. “Oh yeah, Ambien. That’s what happened. Suuuure. Ambien.”

I realized everyone hated me. Why did they invite me back this year? To beat me up? I felt like a little old man or lady in a bathrobe with dementia — the most vulnerable kind of person I could think of.

I woke up feeling really awful.

I’d had a dream about taking Ambien and I hadn’t even taken Ambien.

by Anonymousreply 10September 17, 2019 1:51 AM

Wow, she has got some serious guts. I think she needs to wait another 20 years.

Now whenever I freak out I’m just going to say, ‘Oh well, it was just the Ambien.’

by Anonymousreply 11September 17, 2019 2:00 AM

No- there’s something wrong with her- always has been

by Anonymousreply 12September 17, 2019 2:03 AM

Ambien, my ass! Roseanne Barr and Courtney love act crazy because they ARE crazy. Ambien doesn't have anything to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 13September 17, 2019 2:05 AM

I don’t know about Roseanne, but I lived with a roommate who took Ambien regularly. During the day he was a very conservative, predictable, buttoned-down type of guy. But late at night he did some really weird shit and of course he had zero recollection the following day. On several occasions I’d wake up to find peanut butter smeared on the glass coffee table. The weirdest one, though, was the night I woke up to him re-enacting a scene from Designing Women. Remember that character - I think her name was Bernice? - who had that thing about black men. My roommate was reliving all of that dialogue. Freaky.

by Anonymousreply 14September 17, 2019 2:31 AM

[quote] On several occasions I’d wake up to find peanut butter smeared on the glass coffee table.

Wait. Is your roommate Danny Thomas?

by Anonymousreply 15September 17, 2019 2:36 AM

R10, r14 = Roseanne’s publicist.

by Anonymousreply 16September 17, 2019 2:40 AM

What bullshit. I and almost every I know takes Ambien often. When I take it I take the strongest one. I know of no one who has turned into a racist over it. Seriously, I know no one who's even had a bad reaction and I know people who take it every night of their life and have for years and years.

That said I'm sure plenty of equally racist red necks will flock to her shows. I just hope Bill Maher doesn't have the bitch on his show to plug her work. You know he would let her talk about this Ambien bullshit. No one could pay me enough to ever see her in anything again.

by Anonymousreply 17September 17, 2019 2:46 AM

She's going to complain and complain as long as people give her a microphone. Nothing is EVER her fault.

by Anonymousreply 18September 17, 2019 5:03 PM

No one who does something stupid when they're on Ambien spends months upon months defending what they did incessantly.

She could have apologized profusely, taken her lumps and kept quiet. If it really was Ambien, that's what she would have done.

by Anonymousreply 19September 17, 2019 5:29 PM

She's been this way for a long time, so it's obviously not the ambien.

by Anonymousreply 20September 17, 2019 5:52 PM

And it was the Ambien that told her to say her father molested her. She’s still putting out the same racist, homophobic shit despite saying she’s sober. Fucking stupid cow.

by Anonymousreply 21September 17, 2019 5:56 PM

Have you seen her videos? She’s straight up blinkedy blink

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22September 17, 2019 6:14 PM

Returns? Her whole life is one big Fuc*ed up comedy show.

by Anonymousreply 23September 17, 2019 6:15 PM

Typical Trump lover. Nothing is their fault. It's all one big conspiracy by the media and the pope and the reverse vampires to fuck up her sitcom. Not one glimmer of self-reflection. Not one beep of accountability for her own actions.

by Anonymousreply 24September 17, 2019 6:25 PM

I remember she was a terror on the set of Roseanne.

by Anonymousreply 25September 17, 2019 6:28 PM

I'm surprised that Roseanne doesn't say reports of what she said is fake news.

by Anonymousreply 26September 17, 2019 6:30 PM

Didn't Tiger Woods say his issues were due to Ambien back in the day?

by Anonymousreply 27September 17, 2019 6:31 PM

She’ll have to identify parts of the country where people will gather to see her and her crazy vampire, MK ultra, Q Anon, mind control blather. Like Roswell, NM.

See Roseanne in Roswell under the stars! Bring your sleeping bag, your snacks, your weed and your White Claw! Pack plenty of Chik FIL A sammiches . Bring your Papa Johns garlic knots and cheese sticks. Maybe you’ll see a flying saucer or two!

It’s Roseanne, it’s Roswell! Together again for the first time!

(There will be no roof or other protection against the elements at this venue. Think of it as Woodstock for The Plan!)

by Anonymousreply 28September 18, 2019 5:50 PM

[quote] Kevin Hart should of

Oh dear

by Anonymousreply 29September 18, 2019 6:18 PM

I only took Ambien a couple of times and I do mean a couple of times. A friend of mine committed suicide and everyone seemed to think it was Ambien. Melatonin is what really screwed me up. Calling people at 3-4-5 o’clock in the morning after having a dream that they were in and thinking my dreams were real. I take Trazadone now

by Anonymousreply 30September 18, 2019 6:30 PM

I never found her funny, and wish she would just go away. She's rich enough.

by Anonymousreply 31September 18, 2019 7:57 PM

She's still a Trumper which means she's still a lying sack of crap.

by Anonymousreply 32September 18, 2019 9:15 PM

See people just don’t GET IT. That tweet was a statement about anti-semitism, NOT racist at all.

And she’s working on a new show featuring herself as a character from Planet Of The Apes which was the greatest movie ever that people still DON’T GET. Oh and apes evolved from humans, not the other way around and are a far superior animal to humans which people also Don’t Get. So comparing Valerie Jarrett to an Ape was actually a COMPLIMENT.

The only people who GET IT are the Q anon conspiracy nutcases on Youtube and she’s gonna throw a dinner party next year and have them all over so she can have some deep conversations with other people who GET IT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33September 18, 2019 10:33 PM

She was already nuts and this pushed her over the edge.

by Anonymousreply 34September 18, 2019 10:39 PM

Roseanne can actually stand up?

Roseanne Barr?

by Anonymousreply 35September 18, 2019 10:41 PM

The whole video at R33 visually is a pic of her as the ape creature taped to a wall with a piece of blue painter’s tape.

by Anonymousreply 36September 18, 2019 10:44 PM

I had friend who drove on ambien and got pulled over for a DUI. He had zero recollection of anything. Last thing he remembered he was in bed. The ironic thing? He was sober for over decade at the time.

by Anonymousreply 37September 19, 2019 6:09 AM

Okay, but Roseanne wasn't posting racist shit because of Ambien.

by Anonymousreply 38September 19, 2019 6:23 AM

If I was drugged up the kazoo I still wouldn't say racist shit because I don't think that way. I don't believe the Ambien story for a second but even for those who do being drugged or drunk only makes you say out loud what you think in private. It does not turn a non racist into a racist. Shame on anyone who hired Roseanne. That place should be picketed.

Just like Roseanne jumped on the I was molested by my father and I'm really Sybil bandwagon when those things were popular to say she now jumped on the Ambien made me do it excuse. What a piece of shit she is.

by Anonymousreply 39September 19, 2019 3:15 PM

As the makers of Ambien said after she blamed everything on the drug: 'Racism is not one of its side effects."

by Anonymousreply 40September 19, 2019 8:42 PM

The real problem is that she took too little of it. She should've upped the dose.

by Anonymousreply 41September 19, 2019 9:29 PM

[quote] Melatonin is what really screwed me up. Calling people at 3-4-5 o’clock in the morning after having a dream that they were in and thinking my dreams were real.

I have never heard of anyone else ever having this problem with Melatonin.

by Anonymousreply 42September 19, 2019 9:30 PM

Melatonin is a placebo. Great if it works for you, but it doesn’t cause crazy side effects .

by Anonymousreply 43September 19, 2019 10:13 PM

R5 she had nothing to do with that scene. She had a brilliant writers room and Laurie Metcalf.

She’s the type of “writer” who changes one word and thinks it’s a whole different story, and according to some rumors I’ve heard, as shit as he was as a person, Tom Arnold is a fantastic writer and had a great deal to do with how good it was.

by Anonymousreply 44September 19, 2019 10:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!