Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Gold diggers, kept men, how do you do it?

I have a hard time asking people for anything, much less money or a new watch or a LeBaron convertible.

Presumably the men want to feel like you really care for them and find them attractive, so how do you pretend to love them but also request incentives to stay with them without them getting wise? I'm flummoxed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25September 17, 2019 8:00 AM

Why, you just smile and nod in all the right places, keep yourself in shape and get yourself used to the taste of old cock. It’s not rocket science, darling! x

by Anonymousreply 1September 16, 2019 12:00 PM

You want a LeBaron convertible? They haven't made 'em for 25 years.

How old is the sugar daddy? For that matter, how old are you?

by Anonymousreply 2September 16, 2019 12:25 PM

OP was dumped eons ago for a man with means and never got over it, R2. Like a high school jock, he's forever stuck in certain time period.

Therapy works if let it, OP.

by Anonymousreply 3September 16, 2019 12:32 PM

It's always struck me that it would be easier to be a kept woman (Anna Nicole, anyone) than a kept man (Fadi Fawaz), especially if the keeper dies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4September 16, 2019 12:33 PM

Aren't golddiggers and "kept people" the same thing?

by Anonymousreply 5September 16, 2019 12:58 PM

i think of gold diggers as those who want to marry up and lock it all in legally.

kept sort of implies sidepiece, more a courtesan

by Anonymousreply 6September 16, 2019 2:01 PM

You wait and if he finds you worth it these things will be offered providing he is fabulously wealthy. Asking is mercenary and gives him the impression you don't care about him. You both know you don't but the illusion is very important if either party is going to get out of this relationship what they want. If you are waiting too long just say you want to end the relationship. He'll get the hint and if nothing is offered you find a more appreciative sugar daddy. But time goes fast and as you read this your appeal is diminishing.

by Anonymousreply 7September 16, 2019 2:11 PM

[quote]a LeBaron convertible.

That's your reference? You do realize that DL is a young and fresh board, don't you?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 16, 2019 2:15 PM

correct, sage advice, give him the pleasure he seeks and he will reward you willingly and generously, no need to ask, just perfect your skills

by Anonymousreply 9September 16, 2019 2:15 PM

[quote]kept sort of implies sidepiece, more a courtesan

Wouldn't a kept man be a house-husband and a kept woman be a housewife?

by Anonymousreply 10September 16, 2019 2:21 PM

No

Noun 1. Kept woman - an adulterous woman kept woman - an adulterous woman; a woman who has an ongoing extramarital sexual relationship with a man mistress, fancy woman lover - a significant other to whom you are not related by marriage concubine, courtesan, doxy, paramour - a woman who cohabits with an important man adult female, woman - an adult female person (as opposed to a man); "the woman kept house while the man hunted"

by Anonymousreply 11September 16, 2019 2:25 PM

I was under the impression that a kept man was a houseboy style husband.

by Anonymousreply 12September 16, 2019 3:28 PM

These stories only become well-known when the sugar daddy is senile or besotted, and the gold digger has no shame about being publicly identified as a greedy whore. The sugar daddy voluntarily showers the gold digger with goodies. Once the sugar daddy dies or regains his sanity, and the goodies stop coming, the gold digger has a very hard time adjusting to reality.

by Anonymousreply 13September 16, 2019 3:55 PM

OP sugar daddies are well aware from the outset

by Anonymousreply 14September 16, 2019 4:09 PM

OP, first you have to be able to find a man who doesn't want to contribute anything to a relationship with money, and who has enough money to make the deal worthwhile.

Then, you have to be able to put up with a man who doesn't want to bring anything to the relationship except money.

by Anonymousreply 15September 16, 2019 4:29 PM

It's the mystery of the whore.

I've never understood how they do it. I have a great imagination and still I could never turn a fat hairy old man with a domination fetish into someone I want to have sex with in my mind. I cannot perform with someone I do not find physically attractive, I know from experience (trying to fuck girls in high school was a disaster). Just the notion of being inseminated by the dudes who need to buy sex makes me feel a bit ill, if it actually happened I could never wash it off.

by Anonymousreply 16September 16, 2019 4:33 PM

americans, such a strange, silly and backward people

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17September 16, 2019 4:37 PM

I tried briefly when I was about 20 to be a sugar baby. The guy wasn’t horrible - 38, not horribly obese, cock on the small size. But it was just so disempowering. To always repress your own thoughts and wishes- and to be forced to have sex with someone to whom you are not physically attracted - was impossible for me after about 3-4 weeks.

It also killed any sense of self-worth. It was truly eye opening. Even though I logically knew it was a valuable economic trade off, it just made me feel really rotten, sleazy and destroyed my self-esteem. Maybe a certain person can do it.

Now when I see a gold digger, I just feel sorry for them and know they are likely unhappy people no matter how expensive the car or house or clothes they have. A lesson that money does not buy happiness and only things you earn for yourself mean anything.

by Anonymousreply 18September 16, 2019 4:43 PM

R18 some people seem to enjoy it, like Hoss Kado, for example.

by Anonymousreply 19September 16, 2019 5:03 PM

37 is not a vast age to give up your self worth for.

by Anonymousreply 20September 17, 2019 1:15 AM

38, yes.

by Anonymousreply 21September 17, 2019 1:16 AM

If I was pretty enough, I would've been a sugar baby no problem. Life is hard and expensive. I just don't understand what seems to be the vast majority of babies. They get nice dinners and fancy vacations, but nothing that will help them once they get dropped. I would've gotten my tuition paid, strings pulled for internships, expensive gifts I could pawn later.

by Anonymousreply 22September 17, 2019 1:50 AM

R22, IMHO suchg withholding of gifts with long-lasting value is deliberate, and common. The last thing the Sugar Daddy wants is to give his Sugar Baby something that would enable them to live independently, because then they'd lose power in the relationship. What gives the Sugar Daddy the most power in the relationship is to get the Sugar Baby used to luxuries they'd never be able to afford if Daddy didn't pay for them, and to give them no independence or security, so they have to keep pleasing Daddy every hour of every day if they want the gravy train to continue.

So, that's how the relationship goes, quite a lot of the time.

by Anonymousreply 23September 17, 2019 2:41 AM

R23 CORRECT. I just have to muscle worship with mine. No sex. I told him upfront. I hope to be done with him in two years though. I wanna fuck cute boys. I'm dreading that I'm gonna have to get a job to do it though. It's been so long.

by Anonymousreply 24September 17, 2019 4:16 AM

R24 pics please!

by Anonymousreply 25September 17, 2019 8:00 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!