Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Mackenzie "Mac" Book in Microsoft's Surface Pro 2 Ad

Microsoft scoured the globe for this bland, white bread, dork with low-energy, mumbly, vocal fry voice and zero charisma, to be the spokesman for their Surface laptop.

The only qualification for the job apparently, was to bear the actual name "Mac Book," and it shows.

I wonder how bad the other guys named "Mac Book" were, for this guy to win the spot.

How much are they paying him?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16September 17, 2019 2:51 PM

So what? Who cares?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 15, 2019 11:05 PM

He's from Australia, sure it's not just his accent?

by Anonymousreply 2September 15, 2019 11:12 PM

Apple invented ALL the user-friendly features that the other brands copied.

This ad is unpleasantly glib.

by Anonymousreply 3September 15, 2019 11:38 PM

R3, Found the Crapple Fanboy and no Apple did not ALL the user friendly features. What a joke.

by Anonymousreply 4September 16, 2019 12:36 AM

He should do a commercial naked.

by Anonymousreply 5September 16, 2019 12:38 AM

^ I was thinking if we muted his vocal fry, it might be worthwhile to see him nude. I have a sixth sense that he has a nice penis.

by Anonymousreply 6September 16, 2019 12:41 AM

[quote] He's from Australia, sure it's not just his accent?

I love the Aussie accent. It's his lazy, mumbly vocal fry, I hate.

by Anonymousreply 7September 16, 2019 5:21 PM

He's cute!

Looks like he'd be great on ChaosMen or Sean Cody.

by Anonymousreply 8September 16, 2019 5:26 PM

I wonder of there were any female "Mackenzie Books" that Microsoft bypassed for this ad. Ditto for black guys.

by Anonymousreply 9September 17, 2019 4:14 AM

He kind of looks like he could be Nicholas Hoult's less attractive but still fuckable brother.

by Anonymousreply 10September 17, 2019 5:48 AM

He is like me but without the charm, charisma, talent and everything else

by Anonymousreply 11September 17, 2019 9:53 AM

He looks like that pretty, boy-loving, student-preacher from Illinois.

by Anonymousreply 12September 17, 2019 10:25 AM

He's very generic and hairless looking. I agree with the "low energy". It's also funny to hear guys that you can tell are forcing their voice low so they don't end up sounding like kermit the frog.

by Anonymousreply 13September 17, 2019 11:57 AM

That vocal croaking is annoying as hell.

by Anonymousreply 14September 17, 2019 12:07 PM

Should have hired Douglas Watson from beyond the grave.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15September 17, 2019 12:11 PM

r11

Ben is going bald, but no one was a better spokesman than him

by Anonymousreply 16September 17, 2019 2:51 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!