Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Katey Sagal is a Regular in “The Conners”

She will be in the majority of episodes this season, Dan’s new wife? A Roseanne/Married with Children crossover. What a mindfuck. Peggy Bundy marries Dan Conner!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57November 7, 2019 10:25 PM

I liked her as Gemma Teller on Sons of Anarchy also. She is a very good actress.

by Anonymousreply 1September 14, 2019 5:30 PM

I love her too. Katey does tough working-class-gal-realness well.

by Anonymousreply 2September 14, 2019 5:42 PM

She’s still hot as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 3September 15, 2019 12:43 AM

I like everything about Katy, even her commercials

by Anonymousreply 4September 15, 2019 1:11 AM

She looks great!

by Anonymousreply 5September 15, 2019 1:21 AM

Man, Katey Sagal made it after all! Love it.

by Anonymousreply 6September 15, 2019 1:34 AM

Never thought I'd see that happen. What are the odds of Ed guest starring?

by Anonymousreply 7September 15, 2019 4:31 AM

I haven't been keeping up with the show. Did they ever explain what happened to Jackie's son or the Connor's Jerry Garcia kid?

by Anonymousreply 8September 15, 2019 4:37 AM

Is it too late to recast DJ? He is so wooden.

by Anonymousreply 9September 15, 2019 5:15 AM

Sara Gilbert is the new boss. It makes sense

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10September 15, 2019 5:31 AM

She was terrible on BBT as Penny's mother. She was reading lines, not acting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11September 15, 2019 1:05 PM

In what universe, even in a multiverse would any woman want Dan Connor. These TV shows need to be more like real life, that when men hit 40 it's over, unless they have money.

by Anonymousreply 12September 15, 2019 1:37 PM

Good for her. i also always like her. i think she was underrated in Married with Children. and still she looks good too - compare to Ed .

by Anonymousreply 13September 15, 2019 1:40 PM

She was the best guest star on The Conners. I had a feeling she would make a return.

by Anonymousreply 14September 15, 2019 1:41 PM

I'm looking forward to it. I adore Katey Sagal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15September 15, 2019 1:48 PM

Her and Jackie will be scissor sisters.

by Anonymousreply 16September 15, 2019 1:53 PM

Very savvy move. Like when a soap opera would recast an actress- They look for that essence because it is all about the overall energy/dynamic of the show.

She is basically Roseanne's replacement..

Pretty ingenious.

by Anonymousreply 17September 15, 2019 1:58 PM

She is a very good, inspired casting choice. The show needs some fresh energy and a new matriarch to restore balance.

by Anonymousreply 18September 15, 2019 2:09 PM

The Big Bang Theory is a horrible show.

Katey is so awesome. The irony of Katey doing Roseanne’s roast a few years ago.

Katey is a diehard liberal, pro-gay all the way (I think her sister is a lesbian), and isn’t afraid to go there. She’s what Roseanne used to be before she turned into a Republican shitstain.

by Anonymousreply 19September 15, 2019 9:50 PM

Doesn't matter what kind of show it is, she phoned it in.

by Anonymousreply 20September 15, 2019 9:57 PM

Katey was one of Bette Midler's Staggering Harlettes.

by Anonymousreply 21September 16, 2019 12:41 AM

Katey doesn't have anything against Valerie Jarrett, does she?

by Anonymousreply 22September 16, 2019 12:42 AM

I’ve never watched because I can’t get over what happened to Roseanne and how quick everyone except John Goodman threw her under the bus. The execs tried to steal her show from her for 30 years and finally succeeded. Just hoping we come to the point where somebody will say, “hey, what happened to roseanne was kind of fucked up.”

by Anonymousreply 23September 16, 2019 12:47 AM

R23 Michael Moore, Rosie O Donnell, Monique and Bill Maher all came to her defense. Alec Baldwin even said the firing was harsh and that Jarrett and Roseanne should have met face to face on television and hashed things out.

by Anonymousreply 24September 16, 2019 12:50 AM

"Michael Moore, Rosie O Donnell, Monique and Bill Maher all came to her defense."

They're all idiots, and so is Alec Baldwin. The network was absolutely right in firing her fat, crazy ass. As for Katey Sagal, the idea of her being Dan Connor's lover is too revolting to contemplate. Dan is a hideous, obese old man. What woman in her right mind would want him?

by Anonymousreply 25September 16, 2019 12:55 AM

R25 My thoughts exactly.

by Anonymousreply 26September 16, 2019 1:09 AM

Well, the black female head of ABC Entertainment during this debacle — the one who fired Roseanne — got fired herself soon after, so I bet Roseanne rubs her fat clit about that daily.

by Anonymousreply 27September 16, 2019 2:20 AM

Upper crest white people have always wanted to end Roseanne. The fact that it was a black woman who did it is convenient for them R27, and speaks badly for who now controls Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 28September 16, 2019 3:00 AM

[Quote]What woman in her right mind would want him?

R25 Oh, you'd be surprised!

by Anonymousreply 29September 16, 2019 3:03 AM

Katie Sagal is actually just a couple years younger than John Goodman. She just aged Much better.

by Anonymousreply 30September 16, 2019 3:15 AM

Imagine that. A fat slobby man on a sitcom with a non-fat wife.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31September 16, 2019 3:16 AM

Bitter feminist ten o’clock r31

by Anonymousreply 32September 16, 2019 3:41 AM

John Goodman needs a face, eye and neck lift.

All that deflated skin is hard to look at.

by Anonymousreply 33September 16, 2019 4:56 AM

They should have Dan marry a bear cub, played by Sean Astin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34September 16, 2019 5:03 AM

[quote]What a mindfuck. Peggy Bundy marries Dan Conner!

That is pretty funny when you think about it.

by Anonymousreply 35September 16, 2019 5:09 AM

R34 My god! Sean just doesn’t care about his appearance anymore, does he?!

by Anonymousreply 36September 16, 2019 6:53 AM

[quote] She is basically Roseanne's replacement..

Based on season one, she isn't exactly replacing the crass, loudmouth Roseanne. Her character was much more easy going. I think she will deal with the Connors very differently that doesn't look like a Roseanne rip off at all.

by Anonymousreply 37September 16, 2019 9:33 AM

Let’s be clear, the decision to immediately cancel Roseanne Was not an ABC decision or any specific person’s fault. It came all the way from the tippy top of Disney. Disney owns ABC and it was immediately decided that the value of the show, While astronomical in terms of network value, was not worth it in terms of the potential boycott of Disney by black customers as well as the stock hit they would take.

by Anonymousreply 38September 16, 2019 9:44 AM

True r38. It was more that we now suck as a society.

by Anonymousreply 39September 16, 2019 11:22 AM

R8

I haven't been keeping up with the show. Did they ever explain what happened to Jackie's son or the Connor's Jerry Garcia kid?

They still haven't mentioned Jackie's son Andy, and Jerry Garcia Conner hasn't been mentioned any more.

by Anonymousreply 40October 16, 2019 12:31 AM

R23

[quote]I’ve never watched because I can’t get over what happened to Roseanne and how quick everyone except John Goodman threw her under the bus.

Actually, Lecy Goranson still spoke highly of Roseanne very recently on some talk show.

by Anonymousreply 41October 16, 2019 12:36 AM

[quote] I’ve never watched because I can’t get over what happened to Roseanne and how quick everyone except John Goodman threw her under the bus.

Are you on crack??! Roseanne has taken no responsibility for her behavior. Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 42October 16, 2019 12:43 AM

Roseanne is a grown woman. She went there and got burnt. Now the series focuses on the real struggles of mid American life. It's tough.

by Anonymousreply 43October 16, 2019 4:45 AM

I love Katey Sagal. She has one of the most beautiful voices of any working actor in the US, and she always brings so much realness to her characters.

by Anonymousreply 44October 16, 2019 4:58 AM

Katey is actually good on the show and seems more realistic for these times. Roseanne has been rich for four decades. She’s completely out of touch and insane. She came across as a parody of a Trump supporter. She tries too hard.

by Anonymousreply 45October 16, 2019 12:07 PM

I actually enjoy this show. Lacy is a horrible actress but I couldn't imagine anyone else playing Becky (not even Sarah Chalke). Darlene's gay kid is also annoying AF but overall the show is fun and funny. They better not make Darlene a lesbian. I feel like that's being hinted at with her being dumped by her ex husband and current boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 46October 16, 2019 1:24 PM

Sarah Chalke actually became a better actress than Lecy Goranson, but like you said, I still wouldn't want Becky recast. I would like to see more of Sarah Chalke is Andrea though.

And I'm assuming (hoping) that Katey Sagal will stick around. She's a breath of fresh air on The Connors.

by Anonymousreply 47October 16, 2019 6:30 PM

The Conners is a good show. Katey Segal is good!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48October 17, 2019 4:06 AM

I'm enjoying this season for the most part, and it's settled into a groove.

BUT

Two men fighting over Darlene is so unbelievable, and Darlene being into a man at all is also unbelievable. I can maybe suspend disbelief for one man with her, but two is too weird.

by Anonymousreply 49November 7, 2019 3:48 AM

I miss Roseanne. I don’t care about her politics, it’s just not the same show without her. x

by Anonymousreply 50November 7, 2019 3:51 AM

[quote]Two men fighting over Darlene is so unbelievable, and Darlene being into a man at all is also unbelievable. I can maybe suspend disbelief for one man with her, but two is too weird.

One man and Johnny Galecki's David who really doesn't count as a man, does he? And they weren't really fighting over her so much as David was pulling another garbage move - like walking out on his family the first time.

While Darlene always seemed to have the upper hand in that relationship, he did what all wormy people do to get even - consciously or subconsciously.

by Anonymousreply 51November 7, 2019 4:04 AM

[quote]She will be in the majority of episodes this season, Dan’s new wife?

Why would she want a fatty like John Goodman??

by Anonymousreply 52November 7, 2019 4:10 AM

John Goodman needs a neck lift.

by Anonymousreply 53November 7, 2019 4:12 AM

[quote]Two men fighting over Darlene is so unbelievable

Two relatively hot men, at that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54November 7, 2019 4:33 AM

Darlene should lez out already.

by Anonymousreply 55November 7, 2019 10:08 AM

Katy should have won an Emmy for Sons. Though I'm sure Kurt Sutter was personally insulted that she didn't, and Sutter tears are next level.

by Anonymousreply 56November 7, 2019 10:34 AM

Kurt Sutter sounds like he has tons of issues. They should lock him and Roseanne in a room together.

by Anonymousreply 57November 7, 2019 10:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!