Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Fewer than 1% Chinese and Indian generic drugs are tested for contaminants

Oh look, who would have thought that profits would triumph over safety?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 14, 2019 1:13 PM

I am not surprised by this but I am upset about it. After I contracted Lyme disease and finally got rid of most of my neurological problems, my lingering inflammatory (joint and skin) problems were finally taken care of after I was diagnosed with mast cell activation syndrome, an allergic/autoimmune disorder that seems to be triggered by Lyme in a lot of people. Treatment has worked well for me to control the symptoms, which can be very severe including anaphylaxis, but treatment is taking high doses of antihistamines every day. One of those is ranitidine, and that is one of the drugs that this study found contains carcinogens. I’ve taken 2-3 times the dose recommended on the label for about three years now, and cancer is prevalent in my family. I don’t know what to do now.

by Anonymousreply 1September 14, 2019 12:55 PM

Profits over safety? Who do they think they are, Americans?

by Anonymousreply 2September 14, 2019 1:13 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!