Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

BREAKING! Sam Smith is now a “They/Them” and no longer a “He/Him”

When they previously came out as nonbinary, Smith said they would keep he/him pronouns. Their thoughts and feelings on the matter have since evolved.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421January 24, 2020 3:36 PM

So if I'm talking about a new Sam Smith video I'm supposed to say, "Oh, have you seen them's new music video?"

This stuff is SSSOOO exhausting and fucks up our use of language. I liked when people just said I'm a gay man, period.

by Anonymousreply 1September 13, 2019 5:39 PM

Technically it would be:

When they previously came out as nonbinary, Smith said *he* would keep he/him pronouns. Their thoughts and feelings on the matter have since evolved.

As he was still identifying as he at the time that they came out with the new options, so by writing they for he at the time OP is misidentifying him at the time that he right before he chose to be they and I don’t think they would be pleased now about being misidentified in the past as they rather than him, because he was not quite they yet, so make sure to get your past tense pronouns correct, as they might of been him or zim before they were they.

by Anonymousreply 2September 13, 2019 5:40 PM

If he's neither male nor female then he's no longer gay and can stop promoting himself as such for the gay dollar.

by Anonymousreply 3September 13, 2019 5:42 PM

BREAKING! Sam Smith admits to mental illness

by Anonymousreply 4September 13, 2019 5:42 PM

He's a little bit too old for teenage navel gazing, but try telling a bottom they're too old for anything.

by Anonymousreply 5September 13, 2019 5:43 PM

I joked in that older thread when he came out as nonbinary that he will eventually transition and detransition just for the attention. I actually believe that might happen now.

by Anonymousreply 6September 13, 2019 5:45 PM

Wouldn't that be deadgendering, R2? They were always a them even if they didn't realize it before now.

by Anonymousreply 7September 13, 2019 5:45 PM

This is easily avoidable if one just never talks about Sam Smith.

by Anonymousreply 8September 13, 2019 5:46 PM

Too much money & too much time on his hands.

by Anonymousreply 9September 13, 2019 5:46 PM

If he prefers being called “they/them” that means he identifies as nonsingular rather than nonbinary, non?

by Anonymousreply 10September 13, 2019 5:46 PM

"They" and "their" attention-whoring are as tiresome as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 11September 13, 2019 5:46 PM

Most appropriate when them was fat.

by Anonymousreply 12September 13, 2019 5:47 PM

Man! Brandon Flynn dodged a bullet with this one.

by Anonymousreply 13September 13, 2019 5:47 PM

They will continue to have sex with themselves because nobody else wants to fuck THEM. Happy now, cunt?

by Anonymousreply 14September 13, 2019 5:47 PM

R7 but they hadn’t identified as they in their mind yet because he was identified as he, but once he received the idea of they then he adopted they and was no longer he, so they then became their pronoun rather than he.

Simple, right...

by Anonymousreply 15September 13, 2019 5:48 PM

And what costume shall the poor girl wear, to all tomorrow’s parties?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16September 13, 2019 5:50 PM

THEY are still insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 17September 13, 2019 5:54 PM

Sam Smith is a man and Sam Smith should get over that fact because Sam Smith is looking more and more tragic and embarrassing by the minute.

Sorry, I refuse to use Sam Smith’s dumb pronouns for Sam Smith.

by Anonymousreply 18September 13, 2019 5:56 PM

Sam’s newest pronoun is “POZ”

by Anonymousreply 19September 13, 2019 5:58 PM

I think "It" would be more appropriate.

by Anonymousreply 20September 13, 2019 6:00 PM

I'm so over this "non-binary" bullshit. I'm at the point now, when somebody states his or her "preferred" pronouns and selects something like "they" or "et cetera" or "xie," I just don't need to have that person in my life. And don't get me started if the pronouns are "she/him" or "he/her." I have enough problems remembering people's given names. I can't keep their attention-seeking bullshit at the forefront of my brain every time I interact with them - and I mean plural "them".

by Anonymousreply 21September 13, 2019 6:00 PM

If it was "he sings the song" is it now "they sings the song" or is it "they sing the song"?

I'm not sure how to use "they" and "them" when it refers to a single person. Or is "they" used to indicate that the former "he" is now part of a collective where the individual no longer exists but is instead part of an ever-expanding group (coalition?) of like-sexed (like-gendered?) individuals?

by Anonymousreply 22September 13, 2019 6:00 PM

They's nuts.

by Anonymousreply 23September 13, 2019 6:04 PM

It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.

by Anonymousreply 24September 13, 2019 6:05 PM

[Quote] Man! Brandon Flynn dodged a bullet with this one. —The Gays

At least Sam has the balls to stand up and be counted. And counted. And counted.

by Anonymousreply 25September 13, 2019 6:05 PM

Non-binary is meaningless, and anyone who actively identifies as it rather than accepting as the rest of us do, that nearly everyone on the planet at times reflects the man or woman gender role to some degree or other and this has no bearing on their biological sex, is an utterly tedious vapid moron.

At least Sam Smith actually has a job unlike most of them, but he’s of course single as nearly all of them are because very few other people can deal with the amount of inane navel-gazing about something that doesn’t fucking matter.

by Anonymousreply 26September 13, 2019 6:05 PM

Insufferable cunt. And to think I used to be a fan! What was Brandon Flynn thinking?! x

by Anonymousreply 27September 13, 2019 6:06 PM

Is this why that twink from 13 reasons..... dumped him?

by Anonymousreply 28September 13, 2019 6:06 PM

I expect this kind of things from women or bored teenagers.

by Anonymousreply 29September 13, 2019 6:07 PM

Ew. Don't bring me into it.

by Anonymousreply 30September 13, 2019 6:07 PM

I like him, he is very talented, but i'm really tired of his constant need to be on the center fold.

He is very tiresome, or they are very tiresome or whatever he/they wanted to be called (i had enough problems with my poor english i don't need more)

by Anonymousreply 31September 13, 2019 6:09 PM

posted without comment:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32September 13, 2019 6:09 PM

Someone's desperate for attention!

by Anonymousreply 33September 13, 2019 6:09 PM

r21 Agreed. Personally, I've never developed gender identity for whatever reason, but the idea that I should force people to know that fact as if it's somehow relevant to anything is crazy to me. They see my sex with their eyes and they have to remember my name (and sexual orientation if we're closer). How is that not sufficient? You want me to memorise THREE fucking things about each person?! Bitch, there are 7+ billion people on the planet and you are not that important.

by Anonymousreply 34September 13, 2019 6:10 PM

Is they no longer snogging this person?

Is this other person a they?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35September 13, 2019 6:11 PM

Brandon Flynn dodged a bullet

by Anonymousreply 36September 13, 2019 6:11 PM

I still like my common pronoun suggestions from other threads...he, she, and fucker.

Sam Smith's music sucks. Fucker's untalented.

See, easy. No mental or linguistic gymnastics required.

by Anonymousreply 37September 13, 2019 6:14 PM

R35 sam really fucked Brandon with that horrible picture. Lord. At least he got out of there not too long after.

by Anonymousreply 38September 13, 2019 6:18 PM

They are twenty-seven years old. They are far too old for this shit.

by Anonymousreply 39September 13, 2019 6:20 PM

He's very wide headed

by Anonymousreply 40September 13, 2019 6:21 PM

Fuck them.

by Anonymousreply 41September 13, 2019 6:22 PM

...and the whores they rode in on.

by Anonymousreply 42September 13, 2019 6:35 PM

R25 Brandon has more balls than us though

by Anonymousreply 43September 13, 2019 6:37 PM

And a reply to R34 — thanks for your observations, even though my wording was harsh. I actually know someone who has chosen to identify as "non-binary." I try to call them "they" because this person doesn't get their panties in a twist when people say "she." I like them, because they're smart, funny, and understand that whatever their issue is, it doesn't belong to society as a whole. It's really the trans & non-binary "activists" (and most of the AGPs) that make me nuts.

by Anonymousreply 44September 13, 2019 6:37 PM

Sorry, Sam. You have no power to change the usage of English personal pronouns.

That does not mean there should not be non-binary personal pronouns. But hijacking the plural pronouns and obscuring the meaning of everything is not an option.

When "Ms." was felt to be needed, it was invented. And it got broad acceptance in very short order. Someone needs to come up with a NEW set of non-binary personal pronouns and offer them up to the community to be accepted and rejected.

But just leave the plural pronouns alone. They are not all about transpeople. Transpeople have no dominion over them

by Anonymousreply 45September 13, 2019 6:43 PM

[quote] They were always a them even if they didn't realize it before now.

Actually that's not true. Not all trans people or genderfluid people believe in deadnaming or deadgendering. The travel writer Jan Morris for example, has kept all the books she wrote under her previous identity as "James Morris" that are still in print still under that name, and does not object to "he" being used to refer to her before her transition in the early 70s.

Older, more mature people who are trans tend as a whole to be less uptight about all this pronoun business--they are more secure in who they are, and do not become obsessive about monitoring how other people refer to them. The problem is when younger people do it , especially in high school or college, because they are insecure about their own take in their identities, and because they are so narcissistic at that age. I am surprised Sam Smith has been so uptight about this--they seem too old to be so insecure.

by Anonymousreply 46September 13, 2019 6:43 PM

Sam got thin and is now having his gay tween years. Hopefully he will grow out of this and look back upon this time period with embarrassment, while cutting himself.

by Anonymousreply 47September 13, 2019 6:46 PM

Lock him up!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48September 13, 2019 6:46 PM

Gurl, bye.

I am SO fucking over all of this bullshit.

For people who don't like labels, they sure seem to obsess over labels.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49September 13, 2019 6:47 PM

I couldn't be more bored with they.

by Anonymousreply 50September 13, 2019 6:48 PM

R49 Literal Violence! Stop killing me!

by Anonymousreply 51September 13, 2019 6:49 PM

I find using third person plural pronouns to refer to a hypothetical single person of unknown gender works better than using them to refer to a particular person.

“Everyone should do their best.” Better than “Everyone should do his or her best.”

But when applied in a discussion of a specific person, using the plural pronouns is confusing. For example, “When they previously came out as nonbinary, Smith said they would keep he/him pronouns. Their thoughts and feelings on the matter have since evolved.”.

by Anonymousreply 52September 13, 2019 6:49 PM

R44 What kind of panties does your friend wear, men's or ladies?

by Anonymousreply 53September 13, 2019 6:52 PM

They freeball, R53. They like to feel their proto-scrotom flapping in the breeze.

by Anonymousreply 54September 13, 2019 6:59 PM

When is their album dropping?

by Anonymousreply 55September 13, 2019 7:02 PM

R45, I think “xe/xir” was intended for that purpose, but it never caught on in popular use unfortunately. I agree it would make more sense to adapt to using those pronouns rather than hijacking “they.”

by Anonymousreply 56September 13, 2019 7:03 PM

I propose "Shim", but was once fond of "it", or "cousin it".

by Anonymousreply 57September 13, 2019 7:11 PM

Sam Smith is DEAD TO ME.

I will not support him ever again.

As Andra from "Boy Meets Boy" once said..... THIS IS BULLSHIT!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58September 13, 2019 7:18 PM

Andra!

by Anonymousreply 59September 13, 2019 7:25 PM

OP is furiously masturbating his one-inch cocklet to the video he posted.

Creepy as FUCK.

by Anonymousreply 60September 13, 2019 7:27 PM

Whoops, wrong thread!

by Anonymousreply 61September 13, 2019 7:27 PM

He’s no longer relevant either.

by Anonymousreply 62September 13, 2019 7:28 PM

T.A.F.K.A.H. - The Artist Formerly Known As He

by Anonymousreply 63September 13, 2019 7:31 PM

Whew glad he’s done battling with a social construct by embracing an even more absurd social construct

by Anonymousreply 64September 13, 2019 7:32 PM

She'll be irrelevant soon enough.

by Anonymousreply 65September 13, 2019 7:32 PM

Whatever he had left of a career, will soon be gone.

No one is going to deal with this shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66September 13, 2019 7:33 PM

R62: He had three top ten hits on UK and one on the USA, he is more successful than 99% of male pop stars.

So it's difficult to understand his constant need of attention

by Anonymousreply 67September 13, 2019 7:36 PM

I’m not a woman

I’m not a man

I am something that you’ll never understand

by Anonymousreply 68September 13, 2019 7:40 PM

KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69September 13, 2019 7:41 PM

This seems a bit ridiculous because he is clearly dragging this "nonbinary" thing out so he can get attention as he slowly becomes trans and then back again.

by Anonymousreply 70September 13, 2019 7:41 PM

Is it retroactive? When Bruce became Caitlyn, people still refer to the pre-Caitlyn person as Bruce. For example, Bruce won the Olympics gold medal. Caitlyn did not win the medal.

As it relates to Sam; Did he sing that James Bond movie theme song from a few years ago? Or did they sing that Bond song?

by Anonymousreply 71September 13, 2019 7:43 PM

Its retroactive. Haven’t you heard that the matrix is one of hte best films of all time directed by women??

by Anonymousreply 72September 13, 2019 7:47 PM

It depends on the person. Some trans people claim it is retroactive; others do not.

by Anonymousreply 73September 13, 2019 7:48 PM

They are still very very fat

by Anonymousreply 74September 13, 2019 7:48 PM

R71 Kris Jenner was married to a woman the whole time and had half her children fathered by a woman you BIGOT. Or something.

by Anonymousreply 75September 13, 2019 7:51 PM

He acts like a 15 year old tumblr girl.

by Anonymousreply 76September 13, 2019 7:51 PM

He's what, 27? That's too old for this nonsense.

I still find him really cute, though. He has such pretty eyes.

by Anonymousreply 77September 13, 2019 8:08 PM

Caitlyn's offspring refer to the pre-Caitlyn person as "Bruce" so if its considered bigoted to do that, someone may want to alert those closest to Caitlyn.

by Anonymousreply 78September 13, 2019 8:16 PM

I'm not a fan but I'm not a hater. Honestly. But I have a hunch that one day Sam is going to regret making this declaration.

by Anonymousreply 79September 13, 2019 8:17 PM

You can go back the time with Caitlyn even if you want, she couldn't won that medal if she wasn't a man back then

by Anonymousreply 80September 13, 2019 8:17 PM

I can't believe he's trending on Twitter because of this shit.

by Anonymousreply 81September 13, 2019 8:29 PM

Gag.

by Anonymousreply 82September 13, 2019 8:31 PM

R81: Even some of you refuse to believe it, he is a very popular singer.

He is news and trendic topic everytime he says something stupid like this, which explains why he says something like this every six months

by Anonymousreply 83September 13, 2019 8:37 PM

Seriously, what was his last good, catchy song? Anyone remember?

by Anonymousreply 84September 13, 2019 8:41 PM

R84 He has two on the billboard hot 100 right now.

I know he is not everybody's cup of tea, but he is a good singer.

It's his personality what's a problem

by Anonymousreply 85September 13, 2019 8:43 PM

So is this album now going to full of ~self discovery/self acceptance~ angsty ballads? I was more looking forward to slow dance bops which read Richard Madden to filth. What a waste.

by Anonymousreply 86September 13, 2019 8:43 PM

That was the point r81.

Let's talk about me ! ME ! ME !!!

by Anonymousreply 87September 13, 2019 8:52 PM

Once again, good for Brandon Flynn and his epic upgrade.

by Anonymousreply 88September 13, 2019 8:53 PM

R86: At least that would be more credibly than his albums full of sad love songs, because frankly his love life is non existent i i think it will be downhill from now

R88: Brandon seems quite funny, it must be exhausting to be with someone who has so many problems to accept himself

by Anonymousreply 89September 13, 2019 8:56 PM

[quote]Someone needs to come up with a NEW set of non-binary personal pronouns and offer them up to the community to be accepted and rejected.

Nah. Nobody *needs* to do shit because this is a made up, first world “problem” that affects .0001% of the people.

by Anonymousreply 90September 13, 2019 9:00 PM

R90: True but suddenly the use of cis is becoming mainstream in the media (of course that doesn't translate on normal use on the streets).

Lately "coming outs" are becoming really absurd, it's like celebrities feel the need to show how special they are. I can only think of two actors (Ben Platt and Connor Jessup) who came out with the old and traditional i'm gay this year

by Anonymousreply 91September 13, 2019 9:07 PM

I don’t think Brandon quite knew what he was getting himself into with Sam ... maybe he wanted to play the gold digger card a bit but that gold was not worth it, for sure. I bet he wishes he could go back in time and not respond to Sam’s first thirsty DMs.

by Anonymousreply 92September 13, 2019 9:07 PM

R77 Jeez, that's a rough 27.

by Anonymousreply 93September 13, 2019 9:08 PM

Oh, who gives a rat’s ass!

by Anonymousreply 94September 13, 2019 9:08 PM

R94 the people who are making this a trending topic on twitter

by Anonymousreply 95September 13, 2019 9:09 PM

[quote]I have a hunch that one day Sam is going to regret making this declaration.

So? So who cares? So what?

by Anonymousreply 96September 13, 2019 9:19 PM

R96. I still regret that young pretty singer named 'Cat Stevens' who turned.

by Anonymousreply 97September 13, 2019 9:23 PM

Let’s just say that “they” are still unattractive and boring despite all this non-binary horseshit.

by Anonymousreply 98September 13, 2019 10:31 PM

"They/them" is plural. Sorry, but I cannot call an individual person a pronoun that is plural.

It's "him/his" or some variation or word signifying a singular pronoun. Think of something, but "they/them" is plural.

by Anonymousreply 99September 13, 2019 11:00 PM

His music is shit and now this? Fucking twat. His entire career is based off of trying to be trendy or copying off of others. His voice is like a bad, gay version of Whitney. He also reads the "poetry" of Alok Vaid-Menon which tells you all you need to know about him.

by Anonymousreply 100September 13, 2019 11:27 PM

“Fucking twat.“

“Twat” wounds. Replace it with “Reproductive Organ” so as to be non-gendered.

by Anonymousreply 101September 13, 2019 11:38 PM

I prefer "it", "that", "what?" and "gross"

by Anonymousreply 102September 13, 2019 11:42 PM

R22, that seems like something a former fatty would do--eat themselves into oblivion.

by Anonymousreply 103September 13, 2019 11:49 PM

Sorry, that was meant for R32

by Anonymousreply 104September 13, 2019 11:50 PM

Graham Linehan kept it concise:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105September 14, 2019 12:35 AM

Carly Simon was on to something when she released this song almost 40 years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106September 14, 2019 1:02 AM

Sam Smith can PRONOUN himself all day, but HE IS A HIM!

Such foolishness!

by Anonymousreply 107September 14, 2019 1:37 AM

I'm so tired of pronouns

by Anonymousreply 108September 14, 2019 2:21 AM

I'm partial to zie or zer. Still whack job territory. But at least it's not already taken.

by Anonymousreply 109September 14, 2019 2:43 AM

Run for your lives! It's . . . Them!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110September 14, 2019 2:51 AM

At a family gathering during the summer, one of my cousins announced that he wanted to be known as "they and them". Being the only other gay present (that I know of) I looked at him and said, "Oh, have you gone plural, Darling?" His parents are still pissed off at me.

by Anonymousreply 111September 14, 2019 3:18 AM

I think plural pronouns are fitting, as I've always suspected they are, in actuality, a bunch of alley cats in heat that band together cheerleader pyramid style to put on a human suit and wail their furry little hearts out in the recording studio.

by Anonymousreply 112September 14, 2019 3:42 AM

[quote]r31 I like him, he is very talented, but i'm really tired of his constant need to be on the center fold.

Yes. It's really shocking for a performer to behave that way!

by Anonymousreply 113September 14, 2019 3:57 AM

God I miss legends like Sylvester and Divine.

They'd be laughing and rolling their eyes at this bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 114September 14, 2019 5:33 AM

[quote]When they previously came out as nonbinary

So insufferable that he milked this crap into TWO big attention-seeking announcements.

by Anonymousreply 115September 14, 2019 5:34 AM

What's he going to do next when this ends up not getting him enough attention?

by Anonymousreply 116September 14, 2019 5:42 AM

Datalounge has already predicted his.... sorry, THEIR next step, R116:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117September 14, 2019 5:47 AM

Sam adopting another label for publicity, is truly the most offensive thing ever. Apparently, he thinks being gay is a mishmash of fluidity and whateverness. Gaycard means ‘go’.

Stop dancing around in your g strings acting super gay. Don’t say you’re non binary, yet have no idea what that means.

by Anonymousreply 118September 14, 2019 6:05 AM

He and Nico Tortorella would get along just great.

by Anonymousreply 119September 14, 2019 6:08 AM

r117 You mean "they's next step."

by Anonymousreply 120September 14, 2019 6:19 AM

There are three singular pronouns in the English language...he, she, and it.

You have to pick one of those. If you don't want he or she, you're an it.

by Anonymousreply 121September 14, 2019 6:25 AM

R121 Omg right? I mentioned this to someone a couple hours ago. I said, stop working the English language and come up with your own pronouns, words whatever. This person is straight and acted I was a monster. I’m at the point where I feel like nothing is real anymore, and marriage to furniture will be the DL in two years. It really is a thing and is a mockery of what people fought for, actually died for.

The English language is actually the hardest to learn, guess why?

by Anonymousreply 122September 14, 2019 6:42 AM

Sam was that tree in your grade school play that had to be front and centre...always!

by Anonymousreply 123September 14, 2019 9:31 AM

NOPE.

by Anonymousreply 124September 14, 2019 9:34 AM

[quote] There are three singular pronouns in the English language...he, she, and it. You have to pick one of those. If you don't want he or she, you're an it.

Rofl!

Funniest thing I've read in this entire thread, R121.

by Anonymousreply 125September 14, 2019 11:03 AM

They're dead to me.

by Anonymousreply 126September 14, 2019 11:17 AM

R126 is a perfect example of what R121 is talking about.

At first, I was confused when I read "They're dead to me." I was thinking, "Who are they?"

And then I was like, "Oh shit, Sam Smith. Sam's new name is They/Them."

This is precisely why he cannot be called They/Them. Because he is altering the definition of the words They and Them, and thereby creating UTTER CHAOS.

Which is what they/them probably wants. And no, I'm not being grammatically incorrect by using the word "wants," because I'm trying to use it in proper context. See how fucking confusing it gets???!!!!

by Anonymousreply 127September 14, 2019 11:21 AM

A lot of straight women (not just the woke ones) find ‘cis’ gay men intimidating. They want gay men to be fragile, victimized eunuchs they can protect and pet.

by Anonymousreply 128September 14, 2019 11:23 AM

Hasn't he repeatedly announced that since last year?

by Anonymousreply 129September 14, 2019 11:28 AM

Good luck with that. Not a lot of people are nonbinarysexual, based on Jacob Tobia's screeds.

by Anonymousreply 130September 14, 2019 11:32 AM

[quote] Hasn't THEY repeatedly announced that since last year?

There, I fixed it for you.

If you can call that "fixed."

by Anonymousreply 131September 14, 2019 11:36 AM

STOP MESSING WITH GRAMMAR YOU INSECURE CUNTS

by Anonymousreply 132September 14, 2019 11:39 AM

"They-them" is a singer-songwriter's dream opportunity ... if they-them can pull it off

by Anonymousreply 133September 14, 2019 11:42 AM

Can he be called Zie instead?

by Anonymousreply 134September 14, 2019 11:55 AM

I saw a book agent announce on Twitter that they were going to stop reading submissions whose cover letters addressed them as a female, which they totally is.

by Anonymousreply 135September 14, 2019 12:04 PM

[quote] I saw a book agent announce on Twitter that they were going to stop reading submissions whose cover letters addressed them as a female, which they totally is.

It's an absolute CRIME for that person to be employed in the field of literature.

by Anonymousreply 136September 14, 2019 12:11 PM

I’m guessing that person may not be employed long unless they change their tune!

by Anonymousreply 137September 14, 2019 12:15 PM

Preferring to be referred to as "it" is kinda punk rock and interesting to me. I'd like to meet the person who wants to be an It instead of a He. But I have no time for They.

by Anonymousreply 138September 14, 2019 1:40 PM

"He/Him" were they's slave pronouns.

by Anonymousreply 139September 14, 2019 2:13 PM

Does this make Sam(antha) Smith the first Binary to win an Academy Award?

by Anonymousreply 140September 14, 2019 2:20 PM

Fuck this fat needy attention seeking piece of trash

by Anonymousreply 141September 14, 2019 2:23 PM

PSA!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142September 14, 2019 2:23 PM

"Ppl here tryna find what’s under trans people’s clothes..." Yeah, not really though. Hell, Jacob and Alok actually COMPLAIN-- loudly and constantly-- that this simply is not the case.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143September 14, 2019 2:33 PM

So which restroom do they use?

by Anonymousreply 144September 14, 2019 2:40 PM

They seem confused about the difference between gender and sexuality. Absolutely exhausting. Just perform and earn your money dear.

by Anonymousreply 145September 14, 2019 2:42 PM

He is fucking insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 146September 14, 2019 2:45 PM

Who is that? That man there? Who is he?

by Anonymousreply 147September 14, 2019 2:48 PM

[quote]This is precisely why he cannot be called They/Them. Because he is altering the definition of the words They and Them, and thereby creating UTTER CHAOS.

The latest rationale people are using is that referring to an individual as "they" is commonplace. Example, "Someone left their bag. I wonder where they are." They feel it shouldn't be a leap for people to use that pronoun.

by Anonymousreply 148September 14, 2019 2:50 PM

Requesting assistance from the resident grammar nazis and mental health professionals.

Would an individual representing themself as a they be considered a multiple personality disorder?

by Anonymousreply 149September 14, 2019 2:58 PM

r122 must have lost someone close in the Grammar War

by Anonymousreply 150September 14, 2019 3:27 PM

I can't stand this new fad of Pronoun designation and this "they/them" nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 151September 14, 2019 3:28 PM

[quote] Example, "Someone left their bag. I wonder where they are."

R148, your example is grammatically incorrect and can be easily said in a different way with no effort, such as, "Someone left a bag. I wonder where the owner is."

by Anonymousreply 152September 14, 2019 3:31 PM

this is why they hate us

by Anonymousreply 153September 14, 2019 3:34 PM

I have a few "they/them" colleagues (academia). I find profiles like this exhausting:

Suzie Q is a scholar of trans bodies in late Victorian England. They work mainly on the novels of Thomas Hardy and their secondary research interest lies at the intersection of queerness and postcolonial studies.

by Anonymousreply 154September 14, 2019 3:34 PM

I have ADHD and I cannot manage the use of they/them pronouns. If someone switches pronouns from he to she, then I can manage that - it takes a bit of practice but I can get used to it.

But I simply do not have the extra mental bandwidth to manage this they/them stuff. I can’t do it. I don’t have enough extra processing power to constantly renegotiate the meaning of words every time I speak. I’m too busy trying to remember what I am doing and why I am doing it!

Seriously, I cannot count how many times each day I walk into a room and I’m puzzled as to why I am standing there. Does that sound like someone who has a lot of extra brain power to be using someone’s special pronouns?

by Anonymousreply 155September 14, 2019 3:35 PM

Actually, my example at r154 is exhausting on multiple levels.

But it's par for the course.

by Anonymousreply 156September 14, 2019 3:36 PM

Is there a difference between "genderfluid" and "nonbinary"?

by Anonymousreply 157September 14, 2019 3:39 PM

#BeBestThey/Them

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158September 14, 2019 3:47 PM

Off-topic, but I read that Melania really, really did not want to make that visit to the border. She was forced to go anyways, so she wore that coat to create a controversy so bad that they would never try to make her do something like that again.

It worked.

by Anonymousreply 159September 14, 2019 4:32 PM

it is LITERAL VIOLENCE, r136!

by Anonymousreply 160September 14, 2019 4:36 PM

Is r159 posting from October 2018?

by Anonymousreply 161September 14, 2019 4:37 PM

Is Sam Smith the type who will make a large public fuss if someone uses his wrong pronouns?

by Anonymousreply 162September 14, 2019 4:38 PM

R142 is hilarious. If you scroll down past all the genderfluids whining about being misgendered and triggered you get a bunch of people who think they're all attention-seeking boobs.

by Anonymousreply 163September 14, 2019 5:01 PM

One of the comments from R142's link discusses how if you can address a nonbinary person without using "sir" or "ma'am".

[quote]i (nonbinary) coined sirram & mair + my sibling (also nonbinary) coined siam & mir! if you know someone is nonbinary go ahead & see if any of those sit well w them! if not, there's always "yes, my liege". but, yeah, getting ma'amed makes me fiercely dysphoric (miss is even worse)

by Anonymousreply 164September 14, 2019 5:05 PM

I like the one that is concerned about telling her co-workers her preferred pronouns:

[quote]I am very afraid to have the gender conversation with any of my family or friends because I know they’ll deadname or misgender me (either on purpose or on accident) and i don’t want to have my heart shattered every day

Such DRAMA!

by Anonymousreply 165September 14, 2019 5:08 PM

[quote]but, yeah, getting ma'amed makes me fiercely dysphoric (miss is even worse)

My heart breaks for "them." What a horrible ordeal.

by Anonymousreply 166September 14, 2019 5:10 PM

THEY is telling you NOW so the they don't have to tell you THEN.

by Anonymousreply 167September 14, 2019 5:11 PM

[quote] my sibling (also nonbinary) coined siam & mir!

Siam? How dare xe appropriate Thailand's deadname?

by Anonymousreply 168September 14, 2019 5:26 PM

Holy shit I hate Indya Moore R142

by Anonymousreply 169September 14, 2019 5:28 PM

Geezus, how tired I am of all this shit. What percentage of all this 'I identify as X' shit is effectively masturbation. Sorry, folks, there are a lot of people in this world and you are not special enough to merit your own classifications.

by Anonymousreply 170September 14, 2019 5:29 PM

I remember someone online (I think it was GallusMag) pointing out that the current fixation on non-binary pronouns is proof that hipsters have become the most boring people on Earth.

by Anonymousreply 171September 14, 2019 5:32 PM

Yeah, he’s a real piece of shit r168. The only reason he gets work is his sugar daddy/chaser... but you didn’t hear that from me.

by Anonymousreply 172September 14, 2019 6:52 PM

There are real problems in the world. Non-binary people have #privilege if the worst thing they encounter is being identified with a grammatically correct pronoun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173September 14, 2019 7:13 PM

I love their music. Their latest video is great and they are really letting their freak flag fly in it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174September 14, 2019 7:15 PM

R174, that's fucking awful. And wtf are those dancers wearing? I get that Smith is a whiny little "they" but he can do us all a favor and STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM MUSIC!!!

by Anonymousreply 175September 14, 2019 7:19 PM

Those of your saying Sam Smith can’t sing need their hearing checked. Their voice is like a warm blanket. Exhibit A: A Joni Mitchell cover. Joni could never sing it this good, she can barely sing to star with.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176September 14, 2019 7:27 PM

They even hit it out of the park with A Whitney cover.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177September 14, 2019 7:29 PM

This is fitting as I’ve always considered him a creature and not a man.

by Anonymousreply 178September 14, 2019 7:36 PM

R176, a warm blanket cannot be nasal. Sam Smith MAY be able to sing but he sounds completely derivative of singers like Whitney, Luther Vandross, Boy George, without anything interesting to back his voice up. Hence his need to announce himself as "they".

by Anonymousreply 179September 14, 2019 8:14 PM

I have no idea what his voice is really like because he's always autotuned.

by Anonymousreply 180September 14, 2019 8:26 PM

You can use whatever pronouns you like for me if it comes with some food.

by Anonymousreply 181September 14, 2019 9:02 PM

How exceedingly tedious.

by Anonymousreply 182September 14, 2019 9:54 PM

I hate his voice. Hate it.

by Anonymousreply 183September 15, 2019 12:45 AM

It's a lot easier just to avoid and not socialise with these types of people because otherwise you face being labeled a transphobe if you forget or get it wrong. Then of course they will complain about being purposefully isolated. As long as they can find something to complain about and accuse others of transphobia, they will be happy I guess and that seems to give them a lot of joy. Too much hard work for the rest of us though and nobody wants a workplace complaint against them, so I'm sure normal people just distance themselves..

by Anonymousreply 184September 15, 2019 2:17 AM

What's annoying is the people constantly congratulating them and praising them as if they did something amazing or hard. And if you happen to not agree, those people will jump on you so quickly.

by Anonymousreply 185September 15, 2019 2:20 AM

Them as in the plural people who do things like this, not the singular Sam Smith

by Anonymousreply 186September 15, 2019 2:20 AM

r159 What a bitch! I can't help but like her, even though everyone tells me I shouldn't.

by Anonymousreply 187September 15, 2019 3:28 AM

Sam Smith is exhausting.

Is his career tanking? Seems a PR move that is likely to backfire.

Walk away from the nonsense...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188September 15, 2019 3:34 AM

Sam Smith's entire life is a PR move

by Anonymousreply 189September 15, 2019 3:39 AM

An excellent question posted on Reddit - any guesses as to answers?

Amphibiava Score hidden · 16 minutes ago When I heard about Sam Smith "coming out" as non-binary, my first thought was that it will probably bring a lot of people to Peak Trans. He's high-profile, and so this will introduce the silliness of specialised pronouns to a whole new flock of people.

Additionally, he's been nominated in "Best Male" categories of many music awards in the past. What's going to happen next time? Will he be nominated in both the male and female categories? That would unquestionably give him an unfair advantage. Will he be excluded from both categories altogether? That would lead to accusations of transphobia. Will music awards introduce a third category for non-binary artists? That would be such a tiny category that it would Peak-Trans even more people.

by Anonymousreply 190September 15, 2019 3:53 AM

[quote]It's a lot easier just to avoid and not socialise with these types of people because otherwise you face being labeled a transphobe if you forget or get it wrong.

Malik Yoba has found that out at the .20 second mark.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191September 15, 2019 3:55 AM

He just won't get nominated ever again.

by Anonymousreply 192September 15, 2019 3:55 AM

This comment demonstrates something, as gay people, that we should be concerned about.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193September 15, 2019 3:59 AM

I wonder if Brandon Flynn got tired of this exhausting person and dumped his ass because of shit like this.

by Anonymousreply 194September 15, 2019 5:45 AM

I feel sorry for whoever he manages to get to date him in the future.

by Anonymousreply 195September 15, 2019 5:46 AM

So this bitch is no longer the first openly GAY MAN to win an Oscar?

Although I was...

by Anonymousreply 196September 15, 2019 5:59 AM

They's (sp?) singing voice sounds like Roz Doyle after her novocaine shot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197September 15, 2019 3:07 PM

It's insane how obsessed some people are with how this one individual chooses to identify themself. Seriously, get help if what Sam Smith posted on Twitter upsets you.

by Anonymousreply 198September 15, 2019 3:13 PM

R198 you must be new here.

by Anonymousreply 199September 15, 2019 3:17 PM

[quote]Seriously, get help if what Sam Smith posted on Twitter upsets you.

You should try getting a sense of humor.

by Anonymousreply 200September 15, 2019 3:20 PM

R191: "Do the work!"

Bitch, black people have been DOING ALL THE FUCKING WORK for about 600 years or so, but the navel gazing of this white, male millionaire is to be their new priority? LOL, yeah, let's see how that goes over.

by Anonymousreply 201September 15, 2019 3:23 PM

it didn't cut two months off his face, which is starting to look like George Michael, the last years.

by Anonymousreply 202September 15, 2019 3:36 PM

That announcement is a surprise but it gets Sam some coverage so we don’t forget him.

R202 I agree with you, he resembles George Michael, but also Alan Cumming and Boy George too.

I think I read that Sam’s music the subject of a lawsuit brought by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.

by Anonymousreply 203September 15, 2019 4:40 PM

They are now a have been.

by Anonymousreply 204September 15, 2019 4:54 PM

The Tom Petty lawswuit was settled four years ago.

Less than a week after it was revealed that Sam Smith had agreed to give co-writing credit of his Grammy-nominated single “Stay With Me” to Tom Petty and Jeff Lynne (whose “I Won’t Back Down” shared a similar chorus with the Smith track), Petty has released an amicable statement on his official site clarifying the situation.

“About the Sam Smith thing. Let me say I have never had any hard feelings toward Sam,” Petty wrote. “All my years of songwriting have shown me these things can happen. Most times you catch it before it gets out the studio door but in this case it got by. Sam’s people were very understanding of our predicament and we easily came to an agreement.

by Anonymousreply 205September 15, 2019 5:08 PM

If you need further proof that the Oscars a joke nowadays, remind yourself that Sam Smith has one.

by Anonymousreply 206September 15, 2019 5:10 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207September 15, 2019 5:14 PM

I'm not a fan of Dustin Lance Black but he was so delightfully cunty in that response, R207. Correcting him AND letting everyone know Sam was trying to fuck his man.

by Anonymousreply 208September 15, 2019 5:18 PM

[quote]They made Johnny Storm black and it was apparently awful, but at least they could say he was adopted and not totally destroy the character. You can't do anything like that with Magneto. Without his backstory he's just another generic bad guy.

There is nothing that is truly definitive about Johnny Storm besides being the Human Torch that would dictate that he only be depicted by a white man. What I loved about the Fantastic Four remake was that it was Sue who was adopted by a black family when the assumption was that the black person would be adopted by a white family.

That said, Magneto obviously has a stronger reason for his depiction. Unless they were going to complete erase his backstory and start anew, there's no way that any black actor will play that character.

by Anonymousreply 209September 15, 2019 5:24 PM

Wrong thread R209 lol

by Anonymousreply 210September 15, 2019 5:26 PM

Can someone explain the difference between Shawn Mendes and Sam Smith and that Filipino guy Bruno Mars?

by Anonymousreply 211September 15, 2019 5:26 PM

Just based on his warbling, "sham" would be the appropriate pronoun here.

by Anonymousreply 212September 15, 2019 5:28 PM

R209, oops!

by Anonymousreply 213September 15, 2019 5:29 PM

R208 How did Samantha get Tom’s phone number?

by Anonymousreply 214September 15, 2019 6:39 PM

Oh dear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215September 15, 2019 6:49 PM

No one is more exhausting than the "he/they" or "she/they" people.

by Anonymousreply 216September 15, 2019 7:07 PM

Sam Smith's wealth and pursuit of celebrity are counter-revolutionary, punishable crimes.

by Anonymousreply 217September 15, 2019 7:53 PM

[quote] BREAKING! Sam Smith is now a FLOP and no longer RELEVANT

fixed

by Anonymousreply 218September 15, 2019 7:55 PM

R188: That's the worst part, his career is not tanking. His last album (or their last album, sorry my english is bad enough without that nonsense) was a semi flop (he still sold way more than people like Shawn Mendes) but he was able to change the tune and had three dance hits on a row (at least in UK, but Dancing with a stranger was a top 10 on USA and How do you sleep is still climbing the charts).

So even he is not at his peak, he is doing perfectly fine so he doesn't need doing this for attention.

But of course, he came out as something new every six months. I think he was ignored all his life and now he needs constant attention. Yeah, i know, he/they is/are an artist, but it's way better when you get attention for your job and not for being stupid.

By the way, i think he is talented, his voice is not everybody's cup of tea but he can sing (in a world were more and more pop singers and atrocioius at singing)

by Anonymousreply 219September 15, 2019 8:10 PM

What a complete ass. The wider world is not obligated to abuse the rules of grammar for him.

by Anonymousreply 220September 15, 2019 8:23 PM

I just think all of this "they/them" business is ridiculous. Though I have zero desire to see Sam Smith naked, I would say to him "Take off your clothes and show me your vagina. Oh, wait, you can't because you don't have one. That means you are a he, not a she or a they. Enough already."

by Anonymousreply 221September 15, 2019 9:06 PM

Is anyone actually going to indulge this cunt?

I certainly won't be.

Sam Smith is a he, is a he, is a he, is a he. HE HE HE HE HE!

There, I said it. And I'll keep saying it.

by Anonymousreply 222September 15, 2019 9:39 PM

R222 Just don’t do that on Twitter. You will get banned for “violence” if you misgender someone. Apparently hurting someone’s feelings counts as violence nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 223September 15, 2019 9:45 PM

Everyone, but everyone, including Sam Smith himself, knows that he is a man.

For Smith to suggest that there are aspects of his character that he perceives to be “womanly”, and this somehow makes him not a man, says a lot about his own internalised homophobia and misogyny, and the utter mess that identity politics is getting itself into these days.

by Anonymousreply 224September 15, 2019 9:49 PM

But you can say you are literally going to beat lesbians to death with a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire on Twitter and you're fine, as long as your trans.

by Anonymousreply 225September 15, 2019 9:51 PM

People that do this are desperate for attention, I'll continue to ignore this ugly troll and his terrible music.

by Anonymousreply 226September 15, 2019 9:54 PM

People that do this are desperate for attention, I'll continue to ignore this ugly troll and his terrible music.

by Anonymousreply 227September 15, 2019 9:54 PM

[quote]this somehow makes him not a man, says a lot about his own internalised homophobia and misogyny, and the utter mess that identity politics is getting itself into these days.

In the behind the scenes of his latest video he talked of a "vivacious woman inside my body". If you want to dance in a manner that society perceives "womanly", then do it. To explain it away as if it's feminine... Boy, bye. The same people who declare gender fluidity or non-binary are reacting to societal perceptions of what gender is. Grace Jones and Boy George never disavowed who they were. They just *were*.

by Anonymousreply 228September 15, 2019 9:57 PM

[quote]Apparently hurting someone’s feelings counts as violence nowadays.

It is LITERAL violence!

by Anonymousreply 229September 15, 2019 9:58 PM

R228 makes me feel there’s hope that Reason might survive these self-obsessed times. My husband refers to that whole scene as infantalised individualism.

by Anonymousreply 230September 15, 2019 10:09 PM

Hum, what?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231September 15, 2019 10:14 PM

R215 He looks almost handsome in that picture.

But this weekend's picture in the newspaper has him looking glassy-eyed, fatter, dazed and confused, and clutching a polystyrene coffee cup.

by Anonymousreply 232September 15, 2019 10:56 PM

There was a brief window when Sam Smith was actually somewhat attractive. That window was around the time he won that oscar.

by Anonymousreply 233September 15, 2019 10:59 PM

R215 I think he's wearing mascara I that picture.

by Anonymousreply 234September 15, 2019 11:08 PM

Sam Smith ain’t ugly....what’s ugly is that personality, girl!

by Anonymousreply 235September 15, 2019 11:26 PM

Massive massive pretentious hoe. Just such an attention junkie but some of his songs are very good, esp Fire On Fire, about Brandon Flynn.

by Anonymousreply 236September 16, 2019 3:12 AM

Ooh baby baby

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237September 16, 2019 3:16 AM

Can we please just find a new non-gender related singular pronoun for the non-binary folk?!?!. I'm fine with people wanting to be identify as genderless, but the plural they/them for a single person is confusing as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 238September 16, 2019 3:19 AM

R238 who are YOU to deny they's rights to use whatever pronouns them prefers! Are them not human?? Do them not BLEED???

by Anonymousreply 239September 16, 2019 3:22 AM

Can we please just find a new non-gender related singular pronoun for the non-binary folk?!?!. I'm fine with people wanting to be identify as genderless, but the plural they/them for a single person is confusing as fuck.

WHAT ABOUT ZIR

by Anonymousreply 240September 16, 2019 3:25 AM

Why do people need special pronouns?

by Anonymousreply 241September 16, 2019 3:43 AM

[quote] Why do people need special pronouns?

Because they're bored with their lives, and they need attention.

This is what happens when people no longer have to struggle. They make up things to be outraged about.

I guarantee that people in developing countries with no water and no food, will NEVER have the time for this nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 242September 16, 2019 6:19 AM

Thems the breaks.

by Anonymousreply 243September 16, 2019 6:26 AM

If true, this is hilarious.

If true, with some low carb, lipo and steroids, he would be a dude? Is anyone this vacuuous?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244September 16, 2019 12:31 PM

So Sam likes to be called “princess” and “baby girl” when he’s getting fucked? Brandon Flynn: you made a sacrifice most of us would not be willing endure.

by Anonymousreply 245September 16, 2019 12:49 PM

According to their IG, Sam spent a lot of time this summer, off the grid recharging and discovering a new outlook on life .... what they really discovered was a new way to get people to google “Sam Smith”

Well it worked, bitch!

by Anonymousreply 246September 16, 2019 1:26 PM

Brandon must be verse bc I doubt he's topping Madden.

by Anonymousreply 247September 16, 2019 1:35 PM

I blame the womanly hips trolls for putting this in Smith's head.

But he does say coming out as non-binary has helped him become happier with his own body image.

"I am feminine in many ways and I've always resented that," he says.

"I'll never look like that because there's a bit of a woman in me who won't let me look like that. I put on weight in places women put on weight. "That spring-boarded everything actually. That's me looking at myself and thinking maybe I'm not a man, maybe I'm not a woman, maybe I'm just me."

by Anonymousreply 248September 16, 2019 1:50 PM

If all it took to be non-binary was not being muscular, than pretty much every would be. This is why any one who identifies as non-binary are a joke.

by Anonymousreply 249September 16, 2019 1:53 PM

That's some serious mental illness at R244.

How can anyone take him seriously, after reading that?

by Anonymousreply 250September 16, 2019 1:55 PM

Just laugh it off, Sam!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251September 16, 2019 1:58 PM

[quote]I'll never look like that because there's a bit of a woman in me who won't let me look like that. I put on weight in places women put on weight.

No, you'll never look like that because you don't work out and you most likely eat whatever floats your boat at the time which is fine if that's what you want to do... but you put on weight like any man who puts on weight does when they have the same kind of lifestyle as you.

by Anonymousreply 252September 16, 2019 2:02 PM

I don’t care...

by Anonymousreply 253September 16, 2019 2:07 PM

I'm curious if people would still support him after reading R244

by Anonymousreply 254September 16, 2019 2:10 PM

R244 Top comment to that tweet:

“Moobs and love handles do not make you a woman Jesus Christ Sam Smith I want to be nice here but MATE. This is obscenely stupid and sexist.”

by Anonymousreply 255September 16, 2019 2:26 PM

When did we become a society that encourages and praises mental illness?

by Anonymousreply 256September 16, 2019 2:40 PM

His wikipedia page now use his "correct" pronoun ya'll

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257September 16, 2019 3:08 PM

“My pronouns are me, me, and me.”

by Anonymousreply 258September 16, 2019 3:24 PM

brandon sucked on the old bitch's tittys so hard it turned into a shemale.

is madden next? will his teats blossom out from such vociferous milking from brandona?

by Anonymousreply 259September 16, 2019 4:09 PM

What an absolute twat. I'm a woman and I've spent a lot of time recently thinking about Mortgage Backed Securities and Collateralized Debt Obligations (synthetic and otherwise), because I've suddenly become really interested in the 2008 economic crash. When he says that he sometimes 'thinks like a woman' is this the sort of thing he's talking about?

by Anonymousreply 260September 16, 2019 4:36 PM

How does Sam know he “thinks” like a woman if he’s... not one. Does he think all women think about pretty dresses and high heels and getting fucked by macho men who call them princess?

After his sexist explanations (I’m pudgy and soft so I must be female too!) it only becomes more clear that he has mush for brains.

by Anonymousreply 261September 16, 2019 5:18 PM

Sam Smith has always been utterly stupid, nothing new here.

by Anonymousreply 262September 16, 2019 5:25 PM

[quote]After his sexist explanations (I’m pudgy and soft so I must be female too!) it only becomes more clear that he has mush for brains.

Are you saying women are stupid?? How sexist!

by Anonymousreply 263September 16, 2019 5:36 PM

No, because Sam is not a woman.

by Anonymousreply 264September 16, 2019 5:40 PM

Perhaps we should just eliminate pronouns from the English language to solve this invented dilemma. Other languages can do it, why not ours (or is it us or them, we maybe???)

by Anonymousreply 265September 16, 2019 6:38 PM

In addition to masculine and feminine, Latin has neuter pronouns that would be ideal for the non-binary crowd. Let's bring back Latin!

by Anonymousreply 266September 16, 2019 6:49 PM

[quote] Perhaps we should just eliminate pronouns from the English language to solve this invented dilemma.

[quote] Other languages can do it, why not ours?

In India, they have a third sex called "Hidra."

In Polynesia, there is a separate categorization called "Mahu."

In both cultures, they have male, female, and third genders.

Instead of taking a word that already exists, and trying to change its meaning, they should just come up with a new word, so that there's no confusion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267September 16, 2019 7:19 PM

In Polynesia, being third genre is not a personal choice.

Your family decides who gonna be third genre, it's cultural.

Nothing to do with our non-binary snowflakes.

by Anonymousreply 268September 16, 2019 7:23 PM

R247 You’d be surprised

by Anonymousreply 269September 16, 2019 8:43 PM

[quote]In Polynesia, being third genre is not a personal choice.

There are so many different genres these days.

by Anonymousreply 270September 16, 2019 10:36 PM

A third gender, pronoun or human, would be as popular with the "T" Party as are separate bathrooms.

Who is Sam Smith to dictate language usage? His bizarre request should be as ignored by media as much as it would be from any regular Joe.

Caitlyn and Laverne are still men, and Sam is still "he."

by Anonymousreply 271September 17, 2019 8:05 AM

This announcement from a guy with a major label record deal really demonstrates that institutionlized closeting is just about over, and people who believe the likes of Shaw Mendes and Louis Tomlinson are being forced to beard/fake paternity have lost the plot.

by Anonymousreply 272September 17, 2019 8:14 AM

Shaw Mendes. I like it. Very butch!

by Anonymousreply 273September 17, 2019 9:46 AM

He's still a thing?

by Anonymousreply 274September 17, 2019 9:49 AM

WHO?????

by Anonymousreply 275September 17, 2019 10:30 AM

As Holly Woodlawn would have said: you’re not a man trapped in a woman’s body, you’re man trapped in high heels.

by Anonymousreply 276September 17, 2019 10:50 AM

^ woman trapped in a man’s body

by Anonymousreply 277September 17, 2019 10:52 AM

Sooooooo...is Sam a pudgy dude with a fetish?

by Anonymousreply 278September 17, 2019 12:34 PM

Isn’t he from money? That would explain a lot. He worries about things normal people don’t have the time or energy to worry about.

by Anonymousreply 279September 17, 2019 1:09 PM

Great take down on this UK site.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280September 17, 2019 1:29 PM

R279: No he doesn't come from money, but he won a lot of money since he started in music.

I think the main problem is that he is an insecure mess and needs constant validation

by Anonymousreply 281September 17, 2019 1:42 PM

He is worth about 15m. Here he is recently, fangirling over Harry Styles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282September 17, 2019 3:35 PM

[quote]This announcement from a guy with a major label record deal really demonstrates that institutionlized closeting is just about over, and people who believe the likes of Shaw Mendes and Louis Tomlinson are being forced to beard/fake paternity have lost the plot.

I see Shawn Mendes; No. 1 fangirl has found her way to this thread, telling us yet again there's "no such thing as bearding contracts in 2019." This is a gay site, fangirl. Go peddle your fan fiction on a site where people will be interested in it.

by Anonymousreply 283September 17, 2019 3:47 PM

I'm so tired of hearing that sob story about getting his moobs reduced in his adioescence.

Get over it.

by Anonymousreply 284September 17, 2019 3:49 PM

If this doesn’t quite get the response/attention they want... will they be transitioning next year?

by Anonymousreply 285September 17, 2019 5:04 PM

R250 That acerbic article by Brendan O'Neill is so good.

by Anonymousreply 286September 17, 2019 5:18 PM

R283 is the homophobic 70 yr old frau who runs round the site declaring that anyone she finds attractive has signed a 'bearding contract'. Just pitiful.

by Anonymousreply 287September 17, 2019 5:22 PM

The article has a big flaw and just at the beginning, he makes very clear that he doesn't like Sam at all, and that's a problem because the criticism should not be related on liking or not the guy.

And that article (even if i agree with a big part of it) gives me very uncomfortable far right vibes.

And the delusional fangirl who thinks what Sam said has something to do with Tomlinson or Mendes, come on, Smith sold more than 20 million, Mendes is not even remotely in his league and Tomlinson solo career is barely existent.

Sam became big at 20, both Mendes and Tomlinson were tightly controlled (specially Tomlinson, all the members of onedirection endured bearding contratcs and in some cases it was pretty clear they didn't like it at all) since they were teenagers. If you are from a talent show you know you were barely control your career for a good while

by Anonymousreply 288September 17, 2019 5:53 PM

Well shit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289September 18, 2019 5:32 AM

R288 Spiked grew out of the Revolutionary Communist Party (!) who were behind the Living Marxism magazine in the late 1980s / early 1990s. Such is the state of the world now that one of their leaders was Claire Fox who is now a UK MEP for the far-right Brexit Party. Such is the weird trajectory from far left to far right. Or maybe it's a lesson that political extremes on both sides are not that different from each other.

by Anonymousreply 290September 18, 2019 8:04 AM

[QUOTE] Sam became big at 20, both Mendes and Tomlinson were tightly controlled (specially Tomlinson, all the members of onedirection endured bearding contratcs and in some cases it was pretty clear they didn't like it at all) since they were teenagers. If you are from a talent show you know you were barely control your career for a good while.

Yes! Check out this hilarious lunatic. You use Sam selling 20m as a reason why he's allowed to do what you want, then say the 1d boys (who sold 50m as teenagers) are ALL in 'bearding contracts'. ALL of them!

You are comedy gold, bitch. Imagine thinking ugly Louis Tomlinson is being forced to fake paternity of a 3 year old boy! Or lazy junkie Zayn would agree to fake a relationship for 3 years!

Please share more of your mental illness, Larrie! Do you think Liam's son with Cheryl Cole is fake too? Let's hear it, hoe.

by Anonymousreply 291September 18, 2019 8:37 AM

^^ Why are you still here, Shawn fangirl? Everyone here hates you. It's nothing personal. It's just that you're an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 292September 18, 2019 2:46 PM

[QUOTE] Everyone here hates you. It's nothing personal.

Is that all you've got? Brainless Larrie.

by Anonymousreply 293September 18, 2019 2:57 PM

[QUOTE] If you are from a talent show you know you were barely control your career for a good while

Your written English is horrific! Are you that Hitler frau from the Sam Heughan threads? You're a vile Charmie, Larrie, Ziam, Gay Shawn obsessive. An illiterate German prostitute.

by Anonymousreply 294September 18, 2019 3:00 PM

Yawn. I'm sick on binary, non binary, they/them..... Give me trannies, fags, dykes, him/her

by Anonymousreply 295September 18, 2019 3:14 PM

[quote] In Polynesia, being third genre is not a personal choice.

Oh, [italic]dear.[/italic]

The word you're looking for is "jandra."

by Anonymousreply 296September 18, 2019 3:42 PM

[quote]Your written English is horrific! Are you that Hitler frau from the Sam Heughan threads? You're a vile Charmie, Larrie, Ziam, Gay Shawn obsessive. An illiterate German prostitute.

Watch out, everyone. Shawn Fangirl has been triggered! Nobody is safe from this frau's devastating wit!

by Anonymousreply 297September 18, 2019 4:12 PM

As long as Miss Thing keeps huh no talent self way over “there,” she can be a they/them/that/which/whatevs. I just want the mediocre and whiny songs to stop, with her giraffe 🦒 moves in her feeble attempt at dance. Yuck. I truly pity her.

by Anonymousreply 298September 18, 2019 4:37 PM

R297: I suppose her comment was about me(it wouldn't be the first time), i can't watch her posts because i blocked her, i got tired of her bringing Larrie in every thread and calling everyone homophobe when she is the one with issues. To be fair, it's not only about Shawn, she seems to have a problem with people thinking anyone famous (Heughan, Harry Styles, Chalamet and of course Shawn) is gay (someone should explain her that DL is a gay gossip site)

And yes, my english is horrific, but i'm not german, i'm spanish

by Anonymousreply 299September 18, 2019 7:48 PM

Society should NOT have to change the English language for anyone.

HE has a penis so HE is male. HE is one person so HE's singular not plural.

by Anonymousreply 300September 18, 2019 7:52 PM

R299 = Welp Troll

[QUOTE] To be fair, it's not only about Shawn, she seems to have a problem with people thinking anyone famous (Heughan, Harry Styles, Chalamet and of course Shawn) is gay (someone should explain her that DL is a gay gossip site.

None of these people are gay, you demented frau.

by Anonymousreply 301September 18, 2019 8:10 PM

^^What a lunatic. When she's not talking about "Larries" she's ranting about her imaginary "Welp Troll," who is apparently anyone who tries to point our that her homophobia is not welcome on a gay website. Of course, her witty response is to accuse everyone else of being homophobic and, funnier still, "fraus."

by Anonymousreply 302September 18, 2019 10:56 PM

Janice Turner just tweeted that, since she doesn't adhere to gender stereotypes, she is non-binary. Owen Jones tweeted back, "No you're not, glad to help!"

Trans activism has officially become so convoluted and nonsensical that even its proponents don't seem to understand it anymore. Owen Jones, who insists that everyone's gender identity should be respected under fucking pain of death, just told someone that she can't identify as non-binary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303September 18, 2019 11:06 PM

Non-binary?

I say, I’m tempted to declare myself a quadratic equation.

by Anonymousreply 304September 19, 2019 12:57 AM

Can I self-identify as tax exempt?

by Anonymousreply 305September 19, 2019 7:52 AM

I'm always refreshed to come to DL and find the "they/them" gender fuckery being lambasted. It makes me feel sane. I believe the gender binary exists for a reason, and I also think the no-gender cult has also co-opted transgender community, who by and large believe in the binary because they are transitioning from one to the other. It seems these people are confusing masculine/feminine traits and/or proclivities with gender, which is absurd. You can be a man and wear a dress, or prefer stereotypically feminine things—but why does it have to reflect how you are classified in society? It boggles my mind.

by Anonymousreply 306September 19, 2019 8:14 AM

Sorry, but the whole my pronouns are ... is incredibly absurd.

I can understand someone saying that if it's transgender and just changed from male to female or viceversa to tell friends and coworkers that he/she now identifies as the opposite sex.

But this i get fat the same way that women so there are parts of me that are femenine so just use a plural pronoum incredibly ridiculous, specially because Sam seems unable to do it himself, he uses I instead of they a couple of times.

And how exactly works that? the chosen pronouns stay forever or you can get back to the old ones if finally don't get comfortable with the new ones? i find particularly complicated use they instead of i, or it's only used instead of him?

by Anonymousreply 307September 19, 2019 1:42 PM

[quote]But this i get fat the same way that women

No, he gets fat like a fat guy. He just wants attention.

by Anonymousreply 308September 19, 2019 1:47 PM

R308: I know, but that's basically what he said

by Anonymousreply 309September 19, 2019 2:00 PM

Look at the responses to Owen and Janice's tweets at R303. Currently, Janice's has 28 replies,186 retweets and 1.4k likes. Owen's has 193 replies, zero retweets and 28 likes. Owen has been ratio'd HARD.

by Anonymousreply 310September 19, 2019 2:20 PM

R310: Twitter is not a reliable source of anything, far left and far right are way more prominent on twitter than on the real world. Some thing that cause outrage on twitter won't have barely any effect outside that bubble

by Anonymousreply 311September 19, 2019 2:27 PM

At least we now know Sam is T.

Not Trans. Just Tedious.

by Anonymousreply 312September 20, 2019 3:49 AM

I have told this story before, but it still makes me laugh.

A few years ago at a work meeting (academia), we had to state our pronouns.

A woman (butch lesbian) said, "I have a complicated relationship with pronouns."

It is a grammatical unit, not your mother with borderline personality disorder.

by Anonymousreply 313September 20, 2019 9:53 AM

“They/Them”...not happening.

by Anonymousreply 314September 20, 2019 9:59 AM

R313 - god I'm going into academia and stories like this make me properly scared that there is really no common-sense left. The idea that a man is a woman just because he says he is, and vice versa, is so sociologically unsound (as well as biologically so), but I feat infecting those very institutions that should be taking a stand.

by Anonymousreply 315September 20, 2019 1:56 PM

Why not?

We live in an age where has-been minor "actresses", mostly famous for their boobs can declare themselves "scientists" and "researchers" by dint of using Google. Their livelihood is promoting crackpot theories.

If they can be "researchers" and publicly speak about science they don't understand, then why can't everyone else declare themselves a different gender, species, planetary body or unit of math?

by Anonymousreply 316September 20, 2019 2:03 PM

I read an article that said "women and trans men" and I noticed the literal violence inherent in that. Trans women are women and trans men are men! At least seventeen trans women of color were brutally murdered because of that genocidal statement from the article's author. Do betters people! We're dying!!!

by Anonymousreply 317September 20, 2019 4:00 PM

Only seventeen ? It won't affect the statistics then.

by Anonymousreply 318September 20, 2019 4:26 PM

Brandon Flynn: new boyfriend is Richard Madden Sam Smith: new best friend is Alok

You have to laugh to be honest

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319September 20, 2019 4:44 PM

Alok and Sam, what a duet!

by Anonymousreply 320September 20, 2019 5:13 PM

Is he transitioning ?

by Anonymousreply 321September 20, 2019 5:29 PM

why is it a pic of him makes me gag puke and felch?????

by Anonymousreply 322September 20, 2019 5:31 PM

Good luck R315. What discipline/field are you going into? I earned my master's degree in English and a few years ago and noticed this sort of nonsense becoming more and more prevalent among academics. It was actually less prevalent at the university where I got my graduate degree (it was Jesuit), but I went to a public university in an ultra-liberal city for my undergraduate degree, and the rumblings of this were well on their way while I was there. I ultimately ended up cutting my losses and not pursuing a PhD , but I can't imagine what it will be like in the next several years. (As a side note, I did not forgo a PhD because of the pronoun crap, but rather because the job market for PhDs in the liberal arts is horrifying, and in my program both the M.A. and PhD students were repeatedly told to plan for an alternate career outside of academia).

by Anonymousreply 323September 20, 2019 6:22 PM

Um. R322 — it makes you *felch*? I hope you meant "retch." Because, if you're talking about Alok, nothing on earth could make me felch that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324September 20, 2019 7:06 PM

Alok is a paedophilia apologist. Nice choice, Sam!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325September 20, 2019 7:47 PM

Thanks R323. I'm going into sociology, which could potentially be a bit of a minefield. But my main interest is in research so hopefully I can do the minimum of teaching. I originally studied English lit then took a few years out before doing my PhD - I agree about the job situation, the post-PhD job-market for Literature is dire. At least with switching to sociology there are far more research jobs available as part of the uni.

by Anonymousreply 326September 20, 2019 8:46 PM

R319 he’s really spiraling

by Anonymousreply 327September 21, 2019 12:21 AM

Why has Sam Smith got an ugly bald head and coarse chest hair if he's so feminine? He is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 328September 21, 2019 2:25 AM

We should host the Insufferable Olympics.

First up: Alok v. Rachel McKinnon

by Anonymousreply 329September 21, 2019 12:38 PM

He's feminine on the inside R328 ! Stop being so gender-conforming ! You're killing millions of transwomen of color with your post !

by Anonymousreply 330September 21, 2019 2:24 PM

I honestly don't know who would win, R329. McKinnon is so very, very vile, but at least he's never defended paedophilia (as far as I know).

by Anonymousreply 331September 21, 2019 3:01 PM

Dare I say it, but Sam seems almost *besotted* with ABloke. Hard to believe, but...

by Anonymousreply 332September 21, 2019 5:12 PM

Why does no one want to be referred to as ‘it?’

by Anonymousreply 333September 21, 2019 5:17 PM

No. One. Cares.

by Anonymousreply 334September 21, 2019 5:54 PM

There were headlines that they wore heels to the premiere of JUDY. I assumed they were wearing stilettos. These are just Robert Downey Jr. type heels.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335September 21, 2019 6:04 PM

I remember that R335. Harry Styles has been wearing heeled boots like that for years. Open necks on guys with thick, coarse chest hair look appalling.

by Anonymousreply 336September 21, 2019 7:17 PM

It's not trendy R333.

But I bet you if one day a "celebrity" comes out as a "it", millions of woke people will follow.

by Anonymousreply 337September 22, 2019 9:54 AM

There is a definite whiff of narcissism in those preoccupied with their pronouns.

The truth is, people tend to think they're much more interesting than they actually are. Very few people really care about you.

by Anonymousreply 338September 22, 2019 9:59 AM

The next time I'm asked my pronouns, I want to reply, "He, her, theirs"

My gender changes based on grammatical units, bitches!!

by Anonymousreply 339September 22, 2019 6:34 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340September 23, 2019 8:30 AM

To be fair, awards are talking about this for years and not to accomodate non binary stars (apart of Sams who are the others) but i doubt it'll work because it's not good for the business.

If you are a label you prefer to have two singers awarded instead of one, as simple as that.

It's like reduce to oscars to only one cathegory of acting, it won't be good for the business to promote the films

by Anonymousreply 341September 23, 2019 8:55 AM

Not to mention the loss of advertising due to awards ceremonies taking half the usual time.

by Anonymousreply 342September 23, 2019 9:15 AM

I just encountered a young person yesterday in a retail situation whose name tag noted their name and “they/them” as their preferred pronouns. They appeared to be a completely “gender-conforming” male human. But I did not ask.

by Anonymousreply 343September 23, 2019 9:21 AM

I see this constantly in academia, r343.

"They/ them" is the in thing in a lot circles.

by Anonymousreply 344September 23, 2019 9:24 AM

That's a very american thing, i didn't heard the they/them pronouns anywhere else

by Anonymousreply 345September 23, 2019 10:39 AM

Even in Canada and the UK, r345?

by Anonymousreply 346September 23, 2019 10:44 AM

Can he go away so we can have R&B back.

by Anonymousreply 347September 23, 2019 10:58 AM

R346: Canada and UK seem to have a tendency to replicate every stupid thing that americans do

by Anonymousreply 348September 23, 2019 11:04 AM

[quote]"They/ them" is the in thing in a lot circles.

The in thing this week, but it will never take off.

by Anonymousreply 349September 23, 2019 11:14 PM

You hardly ever see it in New Zealand, but we have a small population which means a small amount of trannies/gender-psychos. Mostly it's at the universities, but not in the rest of society.

by Anonymousreply 350September 24, 2019 1:21 AM

In spain and france it's difficult that this work, it's a radical change of the language and it won't be easily accepted, not the people, neither the academics

by Anonymousreply 351September 24, 2019 1:18 PM

I'm not usually a fan of Piers Morgan...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352September 25, 2019 2:22 AM

if gender categories are banned men will just end up winning more awards, so a kick in the teeth to the non binaries.

by Anonymousreply 353September 29, 2019 3:11 AM

It’s a mess.

by Anonymousreply 354September 29, 2019 3:13 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355September 29, 2019 3:35 AM

While we're retiring "non-binary", can we also retire "clap back?"

by Anonymousreply 356September 29, 2019 1:34 PM

He’s in Vegas. Last night he went to an all men’s show that usually only women attend, like Chippendales or Thunder Down Under.

by Anonymousreply 357September 29, 2019 3:38 PM

Funny how he made such a big deal about wearing boots with heels, when rockstars have been wearing them since the 60s.

by Anonymousreply 358September 29, 2019 3:57 PM

Sam is confused.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359October 1, 2019 7:52 AM

Who exactly are they attracted to? Other themses?

by Anonymousreply 360October 1, 2019 3:13 PM

When he discussed coming out as non-binary, he said that he has (to paraphrase) "always thought like a woman". Uhh, Sam, that IS binary thinking. And what does that even mean?

by Anonymousreply 361October 1, 2019 3:24 PM

They likely identified as Elvis Costello in r359's picture.

by Anonymousreply 362October 1, 2019 3:27 PM

They likely identified as Elvis Costello in r359's picture.

by Anonymousreply 363October 1, 2019 3:27 PM

He, she, him, her, that is fug in any pronoun.

by Anonymousreply 364October 1, 2019 5:54 PM

R361, that's a knee-slapper. No man could EVER know what it feels like to "think like a woman," or to be a woman. It's by definition impossible.

It's like these fucking furries that think because they like to go "woof woof," wear strap-on tails, and eat on all fours from a bowl, they somehow know what it "feels like to be a dog." As if dogs have human brains in a small furry body.

Men's and women's brains are different from the time they are in the womb. And never the twain shall meet, or ever truly know the others' experience.

If moobs define womanhood, then every fat man is ALL WOMAN.

by Anonymousreply 365October 1, 2019 6:23 PM

R365, that's what I didn't understand. How does he know what it is to "think like a woman" or even be a woman? He has no idea. He has been spending too much time with Alok Vaid-Menon (and inhaling the fumes from his "poetry").

by Anonymousreply 366October 1, 2019 6:30 PM

It's the height of misogyny to believe that the whole essence of womanhood is just something a guy can randomly feel like one day and not the second.

by Anonymousreply 367October 1, 2019 9:34 PM

Yes, R367 it's either the height of misogyny or it's the height of millennial stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 368October 1, 2019 10:20 PM

Please tell me you all saw him tweet his greasy moobs the other day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369October 2, 2019 5:25 AM

Oh lord

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370October 2, 2019 2:47 PM

R370, some things should never be objectified or sexualized in any way--Sam Smith is one of them.

by Anonymousreply 371October 2, 2019 4:21 PM

[quote]Men's and women's brains are different from the time they are in the womb. And never the twain shall meet, or ever truly know the others' experience.

They're basically identical. There's no difference, and because there is no difference, there is no possible way to feel or think like a man OR woman. You feel alive, that is all.

by Anonymousreply 372October 2, 2019 4:44 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373October 10, 2019 1:10 AM

He, him and his.

Living in reality is a human right. Living in delusion and forcing everybody into your delusion is not.

by Anonymousreply 374October 10, 2019 1:19 AM

R373 they won "person of the year" at the attitude awards for being the best them they can be.

by Anonymousreply 375October 10, 2019 1:25 AM

[quote]r374 forcing everybody

How are you being forced? You're saying you'll refer to Sam Smith however you want. So, you're not being forced into anything.

by Anonymousreply 376October 10, 2019 1:26 AM

Announcing pronouns is an attempt to control the language and thinking of others. Sam Smith is a man, as anyone toddler level and up would be able to discern, and asking us to ignore the evidence of our senses because Sam Smith is fluid with his hip movements or likes cake or whatever nonsense he said, is far more offensive to both women and other gay men, IMO, than someone saying “he” about Sam Smith. Who is clearly a man.

Like transgender ideology, non-binary politics makes no sense whatsoever. Nearly everyone on the planet has characteristics typically considered masculine and feminine to varying degrees. Recognising that in oneself is not anything to be congratulated; it’s basic comprehension of the nature of humanity, and not a substitute for a personality.

by Anonymousreply 377October 10, 2019 1:57 AM

Sam looks HOT and sexy in that kimono pic!

by Anonymousreply 378October 10, 2019 2:14 AM

I love him, too.

by Anonymousreply 379October 10, 2019 2:16 AM

This "they/them" wording is nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 380October 10, 2019 2:23 AM

R378 are you kidding? Are you even gay?

by Anonymousreply 381October 10, 2019 4:08 AM

I love drag

I love dick

I love the golden girls

I am catty

I appreciate fashion

I am a straight woman who knows that liking some of the superficial or stereotypical things that another group of human beings does or likes does NOT make me know what it actually feels like to be a member of that group. because I am not an insane narcissist.

men cannot know what it feels like to be a woman just because they like some of the superficial or stereotypical things some women like.

by Anonymousreply 382October 10, 2019 4:22 AM

And again, a non-binary who dresses like shit.

by Anonymousreply 383October 10, 2019 12:50 PM

R373, Alok Vaid-Menon has clearly rubbed off on Sam--literally and figuratively.

by Anonymousreply 384October 10, 2019 1:01 PM

Is he still sick?

by Anonymousreply 385October 10, 2019 6:27 PM

So his clothes are now more effeminate and he wears some makeup, which makes him something other than a man? That’s quite literally the opposite of what we as a movement use to want and advocate.

by Anonymousreply 386October 10, 2019 6:37 PM

Sexual orientation and gender should stay separate. Sexual orientation is objective reality you are born with for which we are denied rights. Gender is a social construct.

by Anonymousreply 387October 10, 2019 6:50 PM

Winning person of the year for some reason at the Attitude Awards

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388October 11, 2019 2:58 AM

OMG the responses to that tweet in r388 are hysterical.

"The Poundland Boy George!"

"What is them wearing?"

by Anonymousreply 389October 11, 2019 3:57 AM

It's like he decided to go out in his PJs.

by Anonymousreply 390October 11, 2019 3:59 AM

“And again, a non-binary who dresses like shit.”

Interesting. Maybe this is what their brains really are - genetic bad dressers.

by Anonymousreply 391October 13, 2019 2:34 PM

The outfit at R388 looks like something Bob Guccione would have worn around the house.

by Anonymousreply 392October 13, 2019 2:47 PM

How does he know how women think?

by Anonymousreply 393October 18, 2019 3:04 AM

This reminds me, once in junior high while conjugating verbs at the black board, I got down to the he/she/it and accidentally left off the “ e” in she and wrote “ he shit.”

by Anonymousreply 394October 18, 2019 3:20 AM

Yesterday was apparently National Pronouns Day for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 395October 18, 2019 3:22 AM

INTERnational pronouns day R395, you disgusting xenophobia.

by Anonymousreply 396October 18, 2019 3:43 AM

Oh no. I wrote xenophobe wrong. I’m a spellingphobe.

Well exactly, R393. Transgenderism, including non-binary, is, except for the very few who actually want to medically transition properly because of real dysphoria, always explainable by homophobia and misogyny, internalised or externalised as the case may be.

by Anonymousreply 397October 18, 2019 3:46 AM

This.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 398October 18, 2019 5:24 AM

This is hilarious. When their unscientific gender ideology becomes against themselves XD

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399October 18, 2019 6:21 AM

Meanwhile, Rachel McKinnon continues his rampage. World record.

Sam, you are contributing to the destruction of women's sports. Own it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400October 18, 2019 12:18 PM

But gender dysphoria is a mental disorder regardless of how much they want to transition. R397

by Anonymousreply 401October 18, 2019 6:25 PM

R373: They look incredibly awful in that pic.

And Sam clearly associates what's traditionally femenine with being a woman

by Anonymousreply 402October 18, 2019 6:35 PM

Does he have asperger?

by Anonymousreply 403October 18, 2019 8:37 PM

What the fuck is this look?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404December 15, 2019 11:21 PM

Good for Sam!

by Anonymousreply 405December 15, 2019 11:24 PM

[quote]What the fuck is this look?

Late 2008 Lady Gaga.

by Anonymousreply 406December 15, 2019 11:43 PM

In the words of Graham Linehan: Sam Smith is the first narcissistic pop star we're not allowed to make fun of.

by Anonymousreply 407December 15, 2019 11:47 PM

This is such a narcissist non-issue. I'm offended it is lumped with the LGB movement by force. Get the T out.

by Anonymousreply 408December 18, 2019 12:06 AM

Awe, you sound exhausted r408.

by Anonymousreply 409December 18, 2019 3:53 AM

Sam refers to himself as "me."

Phony weirdo.

by Anonymousreply 410December 18, 2019 4:28 PM

Is it really possible for someone to all of a sudden just decide they are non-binary? Wouldn't it be something you have known about yourself for most of your life?

The few people I know who identify as non-binary are ones who have known it their whole life, even if they didn't use that specific term. Didn't Sam Smith figure out he was non-binary after reading and hanging out with Alok? A conversation and a book was enough for him to just suddenly decide he has "always" been non-binary--that sounds more like the thought process of a little kid deciding they are going to dress up totally different the next day.

by Anonymousreply 411December 18, 2019 5:13 PM

He's just a narcissistic attention whore and wanted something to make himself seem "unique". And he also apparently wanted to be Lady Gaga and wear her clothes without people being able to tell him he looked ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 412December 18, 2019 5:34 PM

Good for him

by Anonymousreply 413December 18, 2019 6:47 PM

R413 how ironic.

by Anonymousreply 414December 18, 2019 7:12 PM

News flash! Sam Smith wants to be referred to as "HAS/BEEN."

by Anonymousreply 415December 18, 2019 7:40 PM

R415, is that has/been or they/been?

by Anonymousreply 416December 18, 2019 7:41 PM

Narcissistic and sexist.

by Anonymousreply 417December 20, 2019 2:30 AM

In the 70s, gender-benders were wild and outrageous people who didn’t give a fuck about anyone’s pronouns. Now they have become humorless bureaucrats.

by Anonymousreply 418December 22, 2019 3:34 AM

He's joining Sydney Mardi Gras line-up

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419January 24, 2020 2:21 AM

Maybe he’s intersex?

by Anonymousreply 420January 24, 2020 2:19 PM

I've asked my family and friends to refer to me as they and them too. I feel like when my family and friends call me he/him it's disrespectful to the vagina I carry around in my anus. Once I explained it to everyone in graphic detail, they were fine with it, though grandma still seems a little confused.

by Anonymousreply 421January 24, 2020 3:36 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!