Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The popular names of this year's college freshmen

"Yet few colleges’ individual freshman-name rankings this year align perfectly with the popular baby names of 2001. Considering the small sample size of any given freshman class—which at many schools is just a few hundred students—there’s bound to be a good amount of random variation. Still, statistics from individual schools can serve as a window into each institution’s idiosyncrasies."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9September 13, 2019 9:30 PM

I never top this poll. It hurts my feelings.

by Anonymousreply 1September 13, 2019 10:48 AM

Let me guess.

Madysen? Kaydyn? Mykenzie? Reagan?

by Anonymousreply 2September 13, 2019 11:00 AM

Let me guess: Aidan.

by Anonymousreply 3September 13, 2019 11:02 AM

I know a boy Aidan but thought it was a girl's name.

by Anonymousreply 4September 13, 2019 11:06 AM

Cody, Dylan, Kaden, Brayden Logan, Jagger, Ryder, Skyler.... etc etc etc.

These fucking straight couples, I tell you. It's like follow-the-leader.

No goddamned originality. They're so predictable, like SHEEP.

by Anonymousreply 5September 13, 2019 11:13 AM

[quote] Take the name Logan: The 10th-most-popular boy name in the country last year, it was especially trendy in rural areas, according to Wattenberg. A couple of decades from now, the number of Logans at a college could signal the extent to which the college’s students come from rural communities.

Logan is the new Billy Bob.

by Anonymousreply 6September 13, 2019 11:22 AM

:-(

I love the name Logan. Maybe because I associate it with Wolverine.

All hot, masculine 'n shit.

by Anonymousreply 7September 13, 2019 11:28 AM

I taught in an all-boys high school of 1,500 two years ago. There were only seven named Robert ( Bob, Bobby, Rob, Roberto) in the entire student body. I never thought that name would be dying .

by Anonymousreply 8September 13, 2019 12:50 PM

Straights have a general pool of 10 girl and 10 boy names that they choose from.

All of which include Madysen, Katelyn, Dylan, and Colton.

That's how goddamned boring these motherfuckers are.

by Anonymousreply 9September 13, 2019 9:30 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!