Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Are you 'demisexual'?

I've only seen this in people's dating profiles before they flirt with me and ask to see my cock. Usually they are Generation Z or a tail end Millennial.

I agree with Dan Savage, although I'm sure he was crucified for this:

In 2017, Dan Savage, the sex and relationship guru behind the column and podcast Savage Love, was scathing about demisexuality, despite being considered a progressive beacon on understanding identity and sexuality. He wrote: “We used to call people who needed to feel a strong emotional bond before wanting to fuck someone people who, you know, needed to feel a strong emotional bond before wanting to fuck someone. But a seven-syllable, clinical-sounding term that prospective partners need to Google – demisexuality – is obviously superior to a short, explanatory sentence that doesn’t require internet access to understand.”

Exhausting!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17September 8, 2019 3:56 PM

I'm not sure I fit but the idea of hooking up with a stranger(even a really hot one)just sounds stressful and also just not a good idea.

by Anonymousreply 1September 8, 2019 1:01 AM

r1 are you gay, Lesbian, or other?

by Anonymousreply 2September 8, 2019 1:06 AM

I just need to express how much I loathe Dan Savage.

by Anonymousreply 3September 8, 2019 1:12 AM

I'm Gay R2.

by Anonymousreply 4September 8, 2019 1:14 AM

Agree R3. Such a bitter, hissing queen with that nonsensical sarcastic comment. Why should he care or feel the need to comment about how someone else identifies?

by Anonymousreply 5September 8, 2019 1:27 AM

Dan's right.

by Anonymousreply 6September 8, 2019 1:30 AM

We know both Dan and his sad attention whore of a husband are raging assholes but recently it seems more people are finally starting to catch on to that fact.

by Anonymousreply 7September 8, 2019 1:40 AM

Dan's correct about this. They aren't assholes for having an open sex life.

by Anonymousreply 8September 8, 2019 1:46 AM

As much as I loathe Savage for his semi-infamous, hypocritical "coffee dates with transwomen are mandatory for all lesbians" answer, he's right about this. Not EVERYTHING needs a label and not EVERYONE needs to be part of LGBTQ+. What's next? A label for people who like watching TV while having sex? A label for people who do it in cars? How about people who just can't fuck when Fido or Fluffy is in the room? Seriously, where does it end?

"People who needed to feel a strong emotional bond before wanting to fuck someone" are not "oppressed" by any stretch of the imagination. No one has ever been denied housing or employment because they-- gasp!-- were in love with their sexual partner. I don't even see a need to acknowledge this *alleged* orientation, much less waste precious resources on it-- resources that SHOULD be spent on people who are, you know, actually marginalized. Like gay men and lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 9September 8, 2019 2:58 AM

R9 he originally used the word "tranny" on his Savage Lovecast podcast long ago and said some other things, and got roasted alive by the trans gestapo at the time, as they were rising in power. Ever since then he has been VERY CAREFUL not to really speak about them on his show - he always brings in an "expert".

by Anonymousreply 10September 8, 2019 4:08 AM

Real talk, what’s the term for someone who’s highly sexed but is too picky about who they sleep with? Asking for a friend. x

by Anonymousreply 11September 8, 2019 4:16 AM

What about those of us who would fuck anything that had a fully stocked bar? Hmmm? “No! I won’t steal your Franciscan. Is that Irish Mist behind the tea leaf?”

by Anonymousreply 12September 8, 2019 4:25 AM

"divasexual" and "drunksexual"

by Anonymousreply 13September 8, 2019 4:31 AM

Yes. Ish.

I’ve had casual sex, but I’ve turned down 10s because we didn’t click.

I’ve never had sex with someone I haven’t had at least one non-sexual conversation.

by Anonymousreply 14September 8, 2019 4:32 AM

That's rich coming from a guy who feels the need to name, explain and "identify" every phase his fucked up marriage.

by Anonymousreply 15September 8, 2019 6:24 AM

It may not need a sexual identity label, but I think I kind of understand that "preference for having a strong emotional bond with sexual partners but will fuck people even if there's not" isn't *quite* the same thing as "ordinarily has no sexual attraction to anyone at all except on rare occasions and only then if there is a strong emotional bond." As I understand it, it sounds like a type of asexuality. I just don't get how it's useful to them or anyone else to have a special name for "asexual with occasional exceptions."

by Anonymousreply 16September 8, 2019 7:16 AM

Dan's point about having to Google before you understand it makes sense.

Also it's bullshit in many cases. Anecdotally, I have been hit on by guys who want in my pants who have "demisexual" or "gray asexual" in their profiles, multiple times. It's another way of feeling different and special, like nonbinaries and "genderqueer".

They need the label to feel special.

by Anonymousreply 17September 8, 2019 3:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!