Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Felicity Huffman, Eva Longoria pen letters in support of “victim” Felicity Huffman

Thoughts?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35September 8, 2019 9:59 PM

Felicity’s full letter to the judge

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 7, 2019 2:24 AM

William’s letter

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 7, 2019 2:24 AM

Eva’s letter

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3September 7, 2019 2:25 AM

So five months ago ....

by Anonymousreply 4September 7, 2019 2:32 AM

I'm waiting for Lori Loughlin support letters penned by Mary-Kate and Ashley Olson.

by Anonymousreply 5September 7, 2019 2:36 AM

Was the on set bully Eva mentioned Teri Hatcher?

by Anonymousreply 6September 7, 2019 2:37 AM

“Felicity Huffman, Eva Longoria pen letters in support of “victim” Felicity Huffman

Thoughts?”

I think Felicity may be a bit schizo

by Anonymousreply 7September 7, 2019 2:41 AM

R6 I think so, that fits every gossip item about the DH set, Terri is a c-u-n-t. She also threw shade on Marcia, Nicolette and Dana by saying only Felicity showed up to help with her charities.

by Anonymousreply 8September 7, 2019 2:44 AM

Not surprising Eva is sticking up for Felicity. They've been BFF's since early in the run of Desperate Housewives. The real reason they bonded was they were willing the backstab to advance their careers. Felicity taught Eva a lot about that. Felicity and Eva were Marc Cherry (who could be very terrible) informants on the set. They'd always report what was going on back to him. Including when Nicolette Sheridan went to them with a plan about them all sticking together to get a raise. That put Nicolette at the top of his shit list, even above Teri Hatcher.

by Anonymousreply 9September 7, 2019 2:50 AM

Teri could be awful, but I think she has a disorder or two. You never knew what mood she'd be in. I think she felt threatened by the other Housewives and that caused her to lash out at times. She got along fine with some like James Denton, Andrea Bowen and Kathryn Joosten. By the last season, none of the other Housewives would speak to her.

by Anonymousreply 10September 7, 2019 2:59 AM

What a bunch of losers. Desperate Housewives really? Felicity Huffman is a great actress, I repeat a GREAT actress. Better than Fonda or Dunaway or any of those crones worshipped here. No one deserves prison time for a $15,000 dollar bribe. I feel sorry for her. Even that moron Loughlin doesn't deserve prison time. Hit em where it hurts. Make them pay a million in scholarships to kids who need it and deserve it. The public humiliation and career destruction will be the rest of their penance.

by Anonymousreply 11September 7, 2019 3:29 AM

Feds want to her to spend a month in jail and pay a $20,000 fine

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12September 7, 2019 3:34 AM

[quote] Longoria, who starred with Huffman in “Desperate Housewives,” described her as one of the only people on set who stood up for her when she was being bullied as a newbie actress.

WTF?! Bullied?? What a joke.

by Anonymousreply 13September 7, 2019 3:50 AM

Prison is an excellent career move. Trust me on this one.

by Anonymousreply 14September 7, 2019 5:57 AM

I thought Kathryn Joosten said Teri was lovely, Nicolette was the worst and the rest were entitled, unfriendly jerks

by Anonymousreply 15September 7, 2019 6:30 AM

The odd thing is Huffman and William H. Macy are part of the Atlantic Theater Company which has an NYU program. If nowhere else I'm sure the daughter could have got in there.

by Anonymousreply 16September 8, 2019 7:30 PM

I don't understand how her HUSBAND is not implicated in this but gets to write a letter supporting her? huh?

by Anonymousreply 17September 8, 2019 7:37 PM

Martha Stewart spent 5 months in federal prison.

30 days in federal prison should be relatively easy for Felicity Huffman.

I don't see Macy or Longoria or Huffman herself referring to Huffman as a "victim." That would be a mistake. I could have done without the cake-baking story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18September 8, 2019 7:38 PM

Marc Cherry was the bully.

by Anonymousreply 19September 8, 2019 7:54 PM

Here's an article about Nicollette Sheridan & Marc Cherry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20September 8, 2019 8:25 PM

- Toned down hair and makeup? Check. - Modest clothing in drab colors? Check. - An “I’m really very serious about this important matter” facial expression? Check.

Looks like Huffman’s prepared for her court appearance!

by Anonymousreply 21September 8, 2019 8:40 PM

As it's only one month, she ought to take her licks, tuck tail, and quietly go do her time. She reeks of even more entitlement with the letters, and trying for home confinement. Whether she's a good mother, or a good whatever isn't relevant to her crime. I like her, or liked her, but this is too much. Most will see this as seeking special treatment or consideration, because she thinks she's special.

by Anonymousreply 22September 8, 2019 8:55 PM

I'm sure Huffman will have the maximum amount of commissary money allowed.

Before entering the prison, she can get her hair done (roots, full highlights, whatever), gel fingernails, pedicure. She can probably bring in lots of reading material. When she is released, she can touch up everything right away.

What is the damn problem with doing 30 days?

by Anonymousreply 23September 8, 2019 8:59 PM

My daughter graduated from Brown BTW.

by Anonymousreply 24September 8, 2019 9:15 PM

Has it ever been revealed what school Huffman was trying to get the kid into?

by Anonymousreply 25September 8, 2019 9:16 PM

They should sentence Felicity and her children to a semester at... Community College! Oh, the shame!

by Anonymousreply 26September 8, 2019 9:17 PM

R26 Yes, and better yet, banishment to East Flyoverstani. In a tract home. Without a pool, maid, or nice landscaping.

by Anonymousreply 27September 8, 2019 9:21 PM

Let Felicity walk...she’s a sweet person and the punishment doesn’t fit the crime!

by Anonymousreply 28September 8, 2019 9:22 PM

BS R28. If anything it is too light. A black woman got 5 years for sending her kind to the wrong school. Fucking this Hollywood privilege.

by Anonymousreply 29September 8, 2019 9:25 PM

R28 Right, it ought to be a much longer prison term, and higher fine. Remember, not only a bribe was given, but a proctor changed the daughter's answers too, in addition to a bogus special accommodation for a fake learning disability. She's a liar AND a cheat.

by Anonymousreply 30September 8, 2019 9:36 PM

R11 = William Macy

by Anonymousreply 31September 8, 2019 9:38 PM

If she was truly remorseful and wanted to be taken seriously, she should have promised to tutor learning disabled colleg bound people of disadvantaged backgrounds, and pledged funds to a scholarship foundation, or start her own endowment. Just pleas for pity, and painting herself the victim makes me less sympathetic.

by Anonymousreply 32September 8, 2019 9:40 PM

There's something very Leona Helmsley-ish about this whole thing. The entitlement, everything.

And I respect Loughlin far more than I do Huffman, who is doing nothing but damage control. Can't wait for the speech filled with tears that will inevitably follow at her sentencing.

And please with she's a great talent. She's a poor mans Edie Falco at best. If she were that great, she would have parlayed that Oscar nom into a decent movie career. Shit,. even Aniston got more film work.

Teri needs to pull a Kim Cattrall on all their asses.

by Anonymousreply 33September 8, 2019 9:50 PM

It's remarkable that an actress who observes and interprets human interactions and behavior STILL can't perceive that NOW is the PERFECT moment to SHUT THE FUCK UP!

by Anonymousreply 34September 8, 2019 9:56 PM

It appears everyone actually wrote his or her own letter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35September 8, 2019 9:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!