Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Umm … There’s A Whistleblower About the President’s Tax Returns

Did you know that a whistleblower has come forward with evidence that Trump administration officials are interfering with the mandatory audits federal law requires for all Presidents and Vice Presidents? I didn’t either! Or at least I didn’t until I was talking to TPM’s Josh Kovensky and he mentioned it to me in passing. And yes, this is really true! (Josh wrote the story up here back on August 27th. Definitely read his analysis for a deeper look at the details.) On July 29th a federal employee came forward to the House Ways and Means Committee with “credible allegations” of possible misconduct tied to the mandatory audits of the President’s and Vice President’s taxes.

Why isn’t this a bigger deal?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23September 6, 2019 5:03 PM

Well I guess nobody here cares either.

by Anonymousreply 1September 5, 2019 9:18 PM

You here to give information or engage in a popularity contest?

by Anonymousreply 2September 5, 2019 9:37 PM

I care, R1!

by Anonymousreply 3September 5, 2019 11:32 PM

Blow harder.

by Anonymousreply 4September 6, 2019 12:18 AM

That whistle blower is in grave danger.

by Anonymousreply 5September 6, 2019 12:26 AM

This story WAS noted here when it broke. Nothing else has happened yet.

by Anonymousreply 6September 6, 2019 12:29 AM

The writer of that article seems like someone behind you in line that talks really loudly to whomever is unlucky enough to have accompanied him that evening.

by Anonymousreply 7September 6, 2019 12:30 AM

Tell us more.

by Anonymousreply 8September 6, 2019 12:30 AM

Nothing ever happens to Trump. When there is video of him being handcuffed and taken into custody, I will be the first to post to DL.

by Anonymousreply 9September 6, 2019 12:33 AM

[quote] Why isn’t this a bigger deal?

Because we're not insane like you, OP?

by Anonymousreply 10September 6, 2019 12:33 AM

Just what the impeachment hearings needed: a star witness.

This could get juicy.

by Anonymousreply 11September 6, 2019 12:34 AM

R11, She should be a platinum blonde, with red high heals.

“Max? I don’t know anyone named Max.”

by Anonymousreply 12September 6, 2019 12:44 AM

I'm hoping the Dems on Capitol Hill are accumulating evidence that they don't talk about. Adam Schiff is smart enough to do that. Nancy Pelosi is too. Then when they finally announce an impeachment hearing process -- they have overwhelming evidence of lawbreaking and wrongdoing by Trump. Isn't it pretty to think so?

by Anonymousreply 13September 6, 2019 1:39 PM

R11, when the star witness has a German accent, in 1957, it was a bonus, Ducky.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14September 6, 2019 2:04 PM

And she never faints, r14!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15September 6, 2019 2:18 PM

R15, I have actually worked that line into conversation. For the uninitiated:

“I never faint because I’m not sure that I will fall gracefully and I never use smelling salts because they puff up the eyes. I am Christine Vole.”

I must see this movie again soon.

by Anonymousreply 16September 6, 2019 2:26 PM

I see you are a Ruta Lee fan.

by Anonymousreply 17September 6, 2019 2:28 PM

[quote]high heals.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 18September 6, 2019 2:53 PM

Trump doesn't want anyone to know the Russiapublicans paid him a billion dollars to win POTUS. With Dotard you just follow the money; he wouldn't do anything unless it meant $$$.

by Anonymousreply 19September 6, 2019 3:06 PM

I concur. There have been sooooooooooooooooo many times I thought maybe just maybe, we’ll catch a lucky break with Trump. I now see that the corruption is so deep that unless and until America gets tired of getting fucked violently up the ass without giving consent, this rape of our government will continue and expand.

Rah rah America. You had it all, you had the whole world in your hands, and your complacency fucked us all (fellow posters here are exempted from my condemnation).

Do not mistake my melancholic post as submission however, as I will NOT submit. FUCK TRUMP.

by Anonymousreply 20September 6, 2019 3:24 PM

[Quote] This story WAS noted here when it broke. Nothing else has happened yet.

There's no point. You wouldn't understand.

by Anonymousreply 21September 6, 2019 4:42 PM

Mother Jones is reporting that Trump May have committed tax fraud in connection with fabricating a fake loan to avoid owing income tax on a $50 million debt that was forgiven. When a loan is forgiven, the amount of the loan is taxable income.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22September 6, 2019 4:46 PM

He’s a lowlife crook.

by Anonymousreply 23September 6, 2019 5:03 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!