Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Judy Norton: what went wrong?

Pert, perky and undeniably talented, she managed to acquit herself ably opposite legends as diverse as John-Boy Walton and Ellen Corby, yet she was never given a chance to carry a movie.

What kept her on the lower rungs of the cinematic firmament?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13September 3, 2019 9:19 AM

She wouldn't put out for Ellen Corby.

by Anonymousreply 1September 3, 2019 4:16 AM

She had huge knockers, she did a faux lesbo layout in Oui magazine with Valerie Perrine in the early 80's, they both had enormous tits. I couldn't imagine walking around with those things.

by Anonymousreply 2September 3, 2019 4:21 AM

A happy clam since age 13.

"Scientology has made it possible for me to change my life and the lives of others. It provided me with tools that I could apply to realize my potential. Not long after I became a Scientologist I got my role as Mary Ellen on the TV show “The Waltons.” Through what I have learned in Scientology I am able to confront and handle difficult situations without relying on other people for solutions. I apply what I’ve learned to other people and have had a positive effect on their lives as well.Scientology has made me much happier."

Judy Norton

Actress & Singer

by Anonymousreply 3September 3, 2019 4:47 AM

R3, that's...disenchanting.

I prefer to remember her as the bossy, annoying but basically lovable Mary-Ellen Walton.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4September 3, 2019 5:11 AM

I can't decide if all these "lost Judy" threads are amusing or annoying.

by Anonymousreply 5September 3, 2019 5:19 AM

She was quite mannish

by Anonymousreply 6September 3, 2019 5:22 AM

Scientology, schmientology - she's even less talented than G, the poor dear.

by Anonymousreply 7September 3, 2019 5:23 AM

[quote]She wouldn't put out for Ellen Corby.

I did, and look where it got me.

by Anonymousreply 8September 3, 2019 5:28 AM

Like poor Debra Winger, dear always looks slightly confused, but nonetheless happy to be wherever she is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9September 3, 2019 6:46 AM

Isn't that Mary McDonough R9?

by Anonymousreply 10September 3, 2019 6:49 AM

Used to watch The Waltons as little kid and when they played the Walton Christmas movie I got confused that John Boy had different parents

by Anonymousreply 11September 3, 2019 7:02 AM

r10 yes, that's Mary McDonough, whose greatest claim to fame was playing Judy Norton's sister Erin on The Waltons. A perfectly LOVELY woman, who always seems just a tad perplexed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12September 3, 2019 7:11 AM

What happened to her arms in OP’s photo? Did she lose them in a threshing accident?

by Anonymousreply 13September 3, 2019 9:19 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!