Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

WEHT Michelle Forbes?

I feel like it’s been years since I’ve seen her! Last time I saw her was for her Emmy nominated performance in “The Killing”, opposite Joel Kinnaman.

She is such an interesting character actress that has this natural dark aura around her. Very naturally creepy and malefic.

She was my favorite part of True Blood and the best villain the show had! MaryAnne is an Icon to all, even the gays!

Bitch was FIERCE!

She deserves a better and bigger career.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62January 22, 2020 1:33 AM

After doing some episodes of Star Trek: TNG she was asked to be a lead on Deep Space Nine.

But she wanted to concentrate on doing feature work.

Whoops.

by Anonymousreply 1September 2, 2019 2:17 AM

She's on Epix's BERLIN STATION with Richard Armitage. I know no one knows the show exists, but it does.

by Anonymousreply 2September 2, 2019 2:19 AM

Love her! She will always be Sonni/Solita.

by Anonymousreply 3September 2, 2019 2:24 AM

She was in Mockingjay Part 2

by Anonymousreply 4September 2, 2019 2:26 AM

I liked her in Kalifornia, though she was upstaged by Juliette Lewis and Brad Pitt, who both gave jaw-droppingly good performances. David Duchovny was ATROCIOUS in that movie though—one of the most anemic performances I've ever seen in a film. His career should have been over because of that movie.

by Anonymousreply 5September 2, 2019 2:26 AM

She'll always be Sonny/Solita to me R3 and yeah Berlin Station has been canceled so she's on to other things.

by Anonymousreply 6September 2, 2019 2:28 AM

She was a lez in the reboot of Battlestar Gallactica.

by Anonymousreply 7September 2, 2019 2:58 AM

R7 Admiral Cain was a lot more than just a lez, xenophobic, violent toaster fucker that she was. AND HOW WE LOVED HER

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 2, 2019 3:19 AM

She starred in a moving and memorable episode of "The Outer Limits" with Amanda Plummer.

by Anonymousreply 9September 2, 2019 3:31 AM

R1 Do you know if she was going to play Ensign Ro, or a new character?

by Anonymousreply 10September 2, 2019 3:34 AM

She never really stood out in terms of looks. Pretty, but very typical.

by Anonymousreply 11September 2, 2019 3:47 AM

Was Kim Zimmer mean to her too?

by Anonymousreply 12September 2, 2019 4:10 AM

R10 Yes they wanted to use her Ro character.

by Anonymousreply 13September 2, 2019 4:28 AM

R13 Fuck, that would have been fucking cool, Ro was excellent

by Anonymousreply 14September 2, 2019 4:35 AM

Her imdb shows that she's constantly working. Maybe she's wondering WEHT you, OP?

by Anonymousreply 15September 2, 2019 4:58 AM

Fantastic episode, r9, even if Honey Bunny overshadows her. Anyone into sci-fi should check it out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16September 2, 2019 5:05 AM

We'd have gotten Ro instead of Kira.

by Anonymousreply 17September 2, 2019 5:15 AM

R17 Exactly, that would have ironed some of the kinks of the first season

by Anonymousreply 18September 2, 2019 5:42 AM

People thought she was nuts to turn down regular gigs on either DS9 or TNG, but she's worked constantly since then, so it was probably the right call, since she wasn't typecast.

by Anonymousreply 19September 2, 2019 11:20 AM

Doing DS9 would have killed her career, so it was obviously the right choice. Famke Janssen also turned down what would become the Dax role to focus on doing tv guest spots and direct to video movies. That gives you an idea how desirable these roles were.

by Anonymousreply 20September 2, 2019 11:51 AM

She was totally wasted on 24 as a White House aide. Her role on Berlin Station as a CIA bureau chief was a lot more interesting.

Her next series is something called Treadstone.

by Anonymousreply 21September 2, 2019 11:54 AM

OTOH, Jeri Ryan also works all the time, so it's not necessarily a death sentence. I think being able to break out of Star Trek depends on talent.

And then you have people like Mulgrew and Bakula, who were well-established before Trek, and it didn't really hurt them long-term.

by Anonymousreply 22September 2, 2019 11:57 AM

Trek actors will always make bank on the convention circuit.

by Anonymousreply 23September 2, 2019 12:15 PM

[quote]Her next series is something called Treadstone.

Treadstone is the new USA series (debuting in October) based on the Bourne film series.

by Anonymousreply 24September 2, 2019 12:16 PM

[quote]Trek actors will always make bank on the convention circuit.

I wonder how satisfying that is vs humiliating having to do that is.

There's a commentary track on the Search for Spock DVD where Robin Curtis talks about how her first convention was a great experience, but I wonder how much of that is Stockholm Syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 25September 2, 2019 12:19 PM

You get paid, plus expenses and all you have to do is show up and tell stories...sounds like a cushy gig.

by Anonymousreply 26September 2, 2019 7:28 PM

R26 They get a fuck load more money than that. You forgot autographs and picture signings

by Anonymousreply 27September 2, 2019 7:33 PM

I loved her in Homicide and Battlestar Galactica.

by Anonymousreply 28September 2, 2019 7:36 PM

She’s wonderful

by Anonymousreply 29September 2, 2019 11:25 PM

I went to high school with someone who wound up on a Star Trek show straight out of college. I've seen her in *one* thing (a TV guest appearance) since then. It's one thing to take a Trek role as a last gasp after years of struggling, but no actor should do it as their first real job.

by Anonymousreply 30September 2, 2019 11:41 PM

Any chance she's bi? She was married to a guy a long time ago but has been single for the last 20 years. She's always pinged but that could just be a holdover from the first role I saw her in, Ro Laren. Ro pinged like crazy!

R30, 99.999% of people who want to be actors never go anywhere. Your friend didn't not have a career because of a Trek role.

by Anonymousreply 31September 2, 2019 11:44 PM

I feel most people are bi

by Anonymousreply 32September 2, 2019 11:51 PM

I won't bore the non-soap fans with the storyline details, but a big chunk of her work as Sonni/Solita was during the 1988 writers' strike.

The narrative and details were a total mess, but she SOLD THE FUCK out of it. I can't tell you the specifics but I remember her, her stage presence, and she was masterful even then.

It is truly a shame she hasn't done more, but then again, I think she's done exactly what she wanted to do, how she wanted to do it. Based on her Twitter feed, she seems like a smart, caring person who didn't get swept up in fame.

by Anonymousreply 33September 2, 2019 11:52 PM

[quote]Any chance she's bi? She was married to a guy a long time ago but has been single for the last 20 years.

This might surprise you but there are many people who give up on relationships and stay single.

That said, she isn’t exactly a huge star so she could very well be dating people without it getting any attention and you just don’t know it. Not everyone is interested in posting their private life on social media.

by Anonymousreply 34September 2, 2019 11:53 PM

Acting is also not exactly a stable industry for relationships. She's been here, there and everywhere around the world for various films, and generally that lends itself to lots of lovely relationships that last the run of the project.

by Anonymousreply 35September 2, 2019 11:58 PM

She and Sela Ward should do a detective show or something together.

by Anonymousreply 36September 2, 2019 11:59 PM

R36 I would watch the fuck out of that, they are both beautiful

by Anonymousreply 37September 3, 2019 12:05 AM

R37, Sisters is on DVD. I watched the whole series last year. I got it from the library. They're all on Amazon.

I'm glad that there seems to be a trend toward older women now that Gen X is taking over studio leadership and now that the only people who watch network television are over 35. The teen and tweener shows are being relegated to The CW.

by Anonymousreply 38September 3, 2019 5:09 AM

R30 Took a regular Star Trek role right out of college? If that's the case, I'm guessing you went to school with Linda Park.

Park did relatively well the first years after her ST show was cancelled (she booked regular roles on television in 2007, 2008, and 2009). I believe she has lupus, though, and had some years where she couldn't work.

by Anonymousreply 39September 5, 2019 1:58 AM

She rebranded herself as Marianne Williamson and is running for President.

by Anonymousreply 40September 5, 2019 2:05 AM

I think maybe she’s a tad pissed she didn’t become the big star she thought she’d be.

by Anonymousreply 41September 14, 2019 11:01 PM

She was incredibly magnetic both in Star Trek, BSG, and during her stint on True Blood. One of those actors who suck all the air out of a room because their presence is so huge. I'm disappointed she hasn't been able to make it big (yet), but that's showbiz for you. I do wonder if there's a #MeToo story in there somewhere...

by Anonymousreply 42September 14, 2019 11:15 PM

"Any chance she's bi? She was married to a guy a long time ago but has been single for the last 20 years."

That doesn't mean anything. While on "Homicide: Life On the Street (I never thought she was right for that show)" she hooked up with her co-star Reed Diamond. They were together a few years. I always thought she was out of place on that show. She played a promiscuous medical examiner with a drinking problem The character was written out of the show not very long appearing.

Didn't her character on ST:TNG, the angry, belligerent Ro Laren, betray Picard and run off to join a terrorist group? I seem to remember that her departure from the show did not end on a positive note.

by Anonymousreply 43September 14, 2019 11:33 PM

[quote] I went to high school with someone who wound up on a Star Trek show straight out of college.

I'll take a guess.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44September 15, 2019 12:30 AM

She’s always fun to watch. Very interesting

by Anonymousreply 45December 3, 2019 8:30 PM

[quote] Didn't her character on ST:TNG, the angry, belligerent Ro Laren, betray Picard and run off to join a terrorist group? I seem to remember that her departure from the show did not end on a positive note.

Michelle turned down the role that became Major Kira on DS-9. I never considered this was her punishment but I guess that's possible.

by Anonymousreply 46December 4, 2019 1:29 AM

I was a big fan of hers from way back and would watch her in almost anything. She was the lead in a medical drama with Martin Donovan that didn't go anywhere. I watched that. I started watching Homicide because she played the MD on that show for a couple seasons. She's had a decent career, but I agree that she's never really gotten her due.

by Anonymousreply 47December 4, 2019 1:33 AM

She was so fucking wasted on 24. She should have been a villainess on that.

by Anonymousreply 48December 4, 2019 1:41 AM

She has had a good career, but yes, she should be getting A-list parts but she is still getting good roles and whenever she is in something, she steals the show.

She guest-starred on Grey's Anatomy as Jo's birth mother last season. This was supposed to be Camilla Luddington's big episode but she is nowhere near the actress Forbes is. But to her credit Luddington did a good job but I attribute that mostly because of Forbes. If you're going to be in a scene with her, you really need to hold your own. Forbes was absolutely magnificent. She should have received an Emmy nomination.

She was excellent in The Killing. It's a shame the showrunner fucked up season one because people jumped ship once they learned the showrunner had fooled them and didn't solve the mystery in season one. Because people missed out some sensational work in season 2 and forward, including Forbes' work.

by Anonymousreply 49December 4, 2019 1:56 AM

R49

I soured on it in season 2 because the resolution of the murder was so stupid. I didn’t even realize people were expecting a resolution at the end of season 1. Forbes was really great in it. Both she and Mireille Enos deserved better.

by Anonymousreply 50December 4, 2019 3:08 AM

She's on Treadstone, USA network.

by Anonymousreply 51December 4, 2019 3:26 AM

I think most people thought it was going to be resolved, or at least that's what the ads seemed to suggest r50. People were PISSED. I remember the IMDB forum and Entertainment Weekly forum were overwhelmingly negative. All the goodwill the show received up to that point dissipated and the show lost a lot of its viewership because of that cliffhanger.

I agree

by Anonymousreply 52December 4, 2019 3:35 AM

Sorry - hit enter too soon.

I agree the resolution was stupid since the show went out of its way to present all those ridiculous red herrings.

by Anonymousreply 53December 4, 2019 3:37 AM

She seemed to be in her mid-40s when she got all those roles on TV, in IN TREATMENT, etc.

by Anonymousreply 54December 4, 2019 4:44 AM

Reva had a scene in Company once and the song playing (remember when soaps used to do that?) was "Sunny" (thank you for the sunshine).

I think someone was having fun.

by Anonymousreply 55December 4, 2019 5:32 AM

Here's a scene with Zimmer and Forbes and Robert Newman; it looks like Forbes breaks and starts to laugh when Reva says "Why you...must be so happy..."

:44 in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56December 5, 2019 7:03 AM

this next part is worth posting for the Zimmer/McKinsey interaction...

Reva tries to probe why Alex is so interested in Will; Alex turns the tables, so effortlessly.

Reva makes an age crack. Ouch.

In real life, Forbes and McKinsey stayed pals.

by Anonymousreply 57December 5, 2019 7:05 AM

duh.

the next part...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58December 5, 2019 7:10 AM

I always found her pretty

by Anonymousreply 59December 6, 2019 7:59 AM

BERLIN STATION, BERLIN STATION, BERLIN STATION...if you’re not watching this show then you’re missing out. Michelle is fantastic in this show!!!

by Anonymousreply 60December 6, 2019 9:44 AM

I especially liked it when they paired Sonni with Roger Thorpe. I thought the two had amazing chemistry. And so much potential -- the things those two characters could have done together! But that pairing was short lived as Michelle opted not to renew her GL contract.

by Anonymousreply 61December 6, 2019 10:09 AM

She has had a very steady, respectable career. She is Primetime Emmy nominated and always gets great reviews for her work. She has potential to have a break out role if someone gets wise.

She was amazing on Guiding Light. Her story line was nuts but very, very good. It really had those crazy soap plot twists that really didn't seem outlandish because the acting was next level from so many involved. Her story line ended up being quite riveting.

by Anonymousreply 62January 22, 2020 1:33 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!