Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Confess your magical thoughts and practices here!

Are you secretly superstitious? Do you wonder about magic, voodoo or other ritual practices possibly being real? Tarot maybe? Horoscopes? Ghosts? Anything supernatural or superstitious that you may not necessarily *believe* in but at least are curious about?

Confess!

I’ll start. I worked with a horrible person for over a decade who made many of the people who worked for her cry and have actual mental breakdowns, and eventually I did a binding spell on her. Like the one in “The Craft.” Yes, I did. Because nothing else was changing anything and eventually I thought “why the hell not?”

I made a vision board years ago—also a “why the hell not?” It actually helped me get a view of things that matter to me in life, even if it didn’t manifest those things into reality a la “The Secret.” It didn’t hurt, anyway.

I’ve read about mystical philosophies (shamanism, gnosticism, Jewish mysticism) all my adult life because I innately wonder at what level some of these things might be real, although I have seen no evidence of any of them being real.

My sister and other people I know have told me matter of factly that they’ve seen ghosts, and my dad, who is a totally non-woo-woo retired Navy man, recently told me he and my late mom saw a UFO in the early 80s. I’ve never seen anything like this...but I think I want to.

And you?

by Anonymousreply 196August 22, 2021 9:37 AM

Well?!

by Anonymousreply 1August 31, 2019 4:53 PM

Ok. I had a problem with a member of my family, who has been diagnosed with BPD, which is psycho babble for mean vindictive ass. So I needed to get rid of her badness and prevent her from coming over again. I went to the Santeria and got some items, cleansed the house, prayed, put salt in the door frames, rosaries on the window sill, and whatnot. She is gone, mentally, physically and emotionally from my house. I think rituals help in times of crisis when you feel helpless. I also got rid of a ghost with Santeria, which I’ve mentioned on here before. They one was an old man that would come in the shower, so he was the perv ghost. I followed the instructions the Santeria shop bottom gave me and he was gone within a week. ,

by Anonymousreply 2August 31, 2019 5:02 PM

(This one not they one)

by Anonymousreply 3August 31, 2019 5:03 PM

Only idiots believe in magic.

by Anonymousreply 4August 31, 2019 5:04 PM

Thank you, R4. Your comment is enlightening and productive!

by Anonymousreply 5August 31, 2019 5:06 PM

I think R4 is a top grade mage.

by Anonymousreply 6August 31, 2019 5:08 PM

I have a jar of pennies I've found over the years. Every wish was for the man of my dreams, no man so far. I'm thinking of changing the wish. Maybe wish for a dog that never shits in the house.

by Anonymousreply 7August 31, 2019 5:10 PM

Sounds like you get the opposite of your wishes, R7. Wish for a dog that shits in the house.

by Anonymousreply 8August 31, 2019 5:12 PM

I am currently charging my amethyst and quartz crystals under the new moon and this evening I should be receiving a video link from a psychic medium whom I found on Etsy.

Since I am someone who counted themselves as an atheist and a skeptic at one point I guess you can say my curiosity have gotten the best of me and that I have finally caved.

What's so wrong with asking the big questions and, as long as you err on the side of skepticism and common sense, exploring a little bit?

by Anonymousreply 9August 31, 2019 5:29 PM

Congrats R2!

And, I agree, "BPD" and "NPD" is just psychobabble for, "This individual is an asshole to highest degree, please have nothing to do with them."

by Anonymousreply 10August 31, 2019 5:31 PM

Right on, R9. I think dreaming and exploring the imagination are two often-overlooked best parts of life. People who go to churches tend to make major life decisions based on their cultish religious practices and influences. People who explore spirituality and mysticism privately tend not to libe according to these things, but we appreciate exploring the ideas.

by Anonymousreply 11August 31, 2019 5:32 PM

Interesting....

'Mysterious voice' led Utah cops to discover child who survived for 14 hours in submerged car after mom drowned

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 31, 2019 5:33 PM

[R11] imagination, possibilities, comfort with the unknown...it’s okay to not be completely ruled by the tangible.

by Anonymousreply 13August 31, 2019 5:37 PM

Thanks R11!

I also feel there is a difference in spirituality versus religion or being religious. Something just told me to go the esoteric route at this point. It may turn up something, it may turn up nothing. I'll be interested to hear the results.

by Anonymousreply 14August 31, 2019 5:37 PM

Most of that crystal stuff is really summoning demons. It's not harmless.

by Anonymousreply 15August 31, 2019 5:37 PM

R15 How did you find that out? I've only read that crystals are harmless and enhance certain energies or certain abilities.

by Anonymousreply 16August 31, 2019 5:39 PM

I’m OK with demons Christian churches warn about. Christians live the most demonic, darkest lives and commit the greatest abuses and atrocities. An enemy of an enemy may be my friend.

by Anonymousreply 17August 31, 2019 5:40 PM

This would make a great DL thread:

Incubus: n incubus is a demon in male form who likes to engage in sexual activity.

Thread: "If you could pick an incubus, living or dead, who would it be?"

by Anonymousreply 18August 31, 2019 6:14 PM

I met my friend Captain Howdy through a Ouji board. Just harmless fun.

by Anonymousreply 19August 31, 2019 6:17 PM

Ancient Aliens on the History Channel talks about people with Rh-negative blood being descendants of alien DNA, and since I am Rh negative I decided to pursue this online for fun. It took me to a website called the Rh Negative Registry and there were all sorts of wacky explanations of how different we are, from low blood pressure and temperature (which I have) to increased psychic powers (which I do not). As I followed links, I learned that Northwestern Europe has the highest concentration of Rh-neg blood in the world. That became posts about differences among ethnic groups. Then it became about keeping blood “pure” and the supposed genetic superiority of we alien descendants. And then there were links to Stormfront and Breitbart. This was around 2014/2015, and it drove me straight into alt-right Internet conspiracyland.

You gotta be careful following shiny objects down the rabbit hole. Seriously. There’s fanciful imagination and then there’s dangerous psychosisz

by Anonymousreply 20August 31, 2019 6:24 PM

R20 Just because there were a few pretty rotten apples in the bunch does not mean you should exploring the uniqueness of your Rh-negative blood type.

by Anonymousreply 21August 31, 2019 6:34 PM

R20/R21 I'm a green-eyed member of the club as well. Funnily enough, many of the associated traits are spot on. Especially for type 0 or O-.

by Anonymousreply 22August 31, 2019 6:52 PM

"Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded.

And the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than the atoms in your right hand.

It really is the poetic thing I know about physics: you are all stardust."

- Lawrence Krauss

by Anonymousreply 23August 31, 2019 7:02 PM

R23 A song for you.

Bang went the gun on their tongue

Word crucifixion toward immigrants shunned

"Immigrants that's who we all are

'Cause we're all made of stars"

You said to them

Oh yes you did

Bang went the universe

Hydrogen lusting for Helium's burst

A mighty Sun's Dance of Death

Exploding Super Nova

One story's end

Seeds another to begin

"Can't they see" He said to me "That we all Are Molecular Machines" Goals and dreams All I wanna be Is the very best Machine I can be

Oxygen and Carbon Part of Our Molecular Machine Goals and dreams All I wanna be Is the very best Machine I can be

Hydrogen Calcium Phosphorus Potassium Sulfur Sodium

All I wanna be Is the very best Machine I can be Chlorine Magnesium Boron Chromium Cobalt Copper Fluorine

All I wanna be Is the very best Machine I can be

Iodine Iron Manganese Molybdenum Selenium Silicon Tin Vanadium And Zinc

All I wanna be A Molecular Machine

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24August 31, 2019 7:09 PM

I still light my Shabbat candles, even though I'm not quite sure at times what I truly believe. I still do so in my own home, even when women are present of the designated age. (that usually isn't the role for a man, if a woman is present). I also sometimes light an extra candle with a special prayer for someone I feel may need it. (they don't need to be Jewish for me to remember them). I don't do many prescribed things, but certain things I suppose I'm awfully superstitious about; especially on shabbos. (High Holidays as well)

by Anonymousreply 25August 31, 2019 7:27 PM

I burn candles, I have crystals and stones, I sometimes meditate, sometimes pray (sort of, in my own way). I have zero orthodox religious experience and no interest in it, but all these things can be comforting and a good way to get in touch with oneself and to gain perspective.

I’ve read a lot of (especially Gnostic) religious texts on my own, some standard King James Biblical verse, and I ignore what seems like nonsense and have found some interest and value in some of it. I’ve read Jewish mystical texts and also a good amount of words translated from Shipibo shamans.

I write fiction and nonfiction and I paint. During both creative processes I have many times gone into a “flow” state during which I stop working and (I guess you could call it) automatic direction takes over and you feel like more of a conduit than a creator. I think any creative person could attest to that. And it’s a distinct sort of feeling, thrilling and wondrous and energizing.

At some point when I began writing seriously, I decided that it is a kind of magic. If you think of a pen or a keyboard as a “magic wand,” it translates immaterial ideas into a symbolic “spell” of a sort, whose intention is to somehow affect real life, whether you’re writing something instructive or demonstrative. It’s a kind of practical magic, converting immaterial thoughts into material form. When you shift your perspective like this, some aspects of everyday life can seem literally magical. Consider sitting in a room full of people and texting a secret to someone else in the room. It’s actual telepathy, made possible through technology and symbolic coding.

I dunno. It gives me a thrill to rethink life in these ways, and to explore less conventional ways of living in this world.

by Anonymousreply 26August 31, 2019 7:45 PM

Magic rituals are tools to change your "I do not get what I want, because ...." belief system to "I DO get what I want, because ..."

What we do day in, day out is look for conditions that affirm our established beliefs.

You believe you can't lose weight (but insist verbally that you want to lose weight so desperately)? You look for ways to sabotage every attempt to lose weight so you can confirm that you can't lose weight.

You believe you are not worth loving? You look for bad and toxic relationships that confirm that you are unlucky in love.

You believe that you amount to nothing? You will look for opportunities to affirm that every attempt you try will fail.

You genuinely want to break the cycle? You look for a tool, that works for you, to change your established beliefs.

Elaborate magic rituals are supposed to convince those, who want them to work, that they simply must work and then look for the conditions that affirm that these rituals work and offer you opportunities that will get you what you want.

We live in a half glass full vs half glass empty reality. You can choose to believe that the glass is half glass full and decide to only notice proof that confirms this belief or you can believe the glass is half glass empty and allow yourself to only see the confirmation for that around you. The data (conditions and experiences) for both are available to us at all times. It's us who decide which we want to have access to at each new moment.

by Anonymousreply 27August 31, 2019 7:51 PM

This is great R24, thanks very much!

by Anonymousreply 28August 31, 2019 7:51 PM

R26 and R27 have some GREAT STUFF - READ THEIR POSTS! Love them both so much!!!

And bitch OP, thanks for reminding me to charge my crystals under this moon tonight. XOXOXOXOX

by Anonymousreply 29August 31, 2019 7:53 PM

"It is breathtaking to consider that you have two eyes, each composed of 130 million receptor cells.

In each one of those cells there are 100 trillion atoms - more than all of the stars in the Milky Way Galaxy.

However, each atom in each cell in each eye formed in the core of a star, billions of years ago, and yet, all to expand the consciousness that is you.

The Universe has an interesting sense of irony, in that you are the Universe experiencing itself - all you are is a thought. "

by Anonymousreply 30August 31, 2019 8:34 PM

"Energy cannot be created or destroyed, it can only be changed from one form to another." - Albert Einstein

by Anonymousreply 31August 31, 2019 8:36 PM

For you my lovelies, on behalf of the late Rumi-

This being human is a guest house. Every morning a new arrival. A joy, a depression, a meanness, some momentary awareness comes as an unexpected visitor. Welcome and entertain them all! Even if they are a crowd of sorrows, who violently sweep your house empty of its furniture, still, treat each guest honorably. He may be clearing you out for some new delight. The dark thought, the shame, the malice. meet them at the door laughing and invite them in. Be grateful for whatever comes. because each has been sent as a guide from beyond.

by Anonymousreply 32August 31, 2019 8:38 PM

Toward the end of his life and toward the end of his battle with cancer the late film critic Roger Ebert shared this experience with his widow, Chaz:

"That week before Roger passed away, I would see him and he would talk about having visited this other place. I thought he was hallucinating. I thought they were giving him too much medication. But the day before he passed away, he wrote me a note: 'This is all an elaborate hoax'.

According to Chaz, she asked Roger, 'What’s a hoax?' looking for some clarification. He then made it clear to her that, 'he was talking about this world, this place. He said it was all an illusion. I thought he was confused. But he was not confused.'

'He described it as a vastness you can’t even imagine. It was a place where the past, present, and future were happening all at once'. "

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33August 31, 2019 8:45 PM

R32 Rumi is phenomenal. Such a beautiful way of putting things into words, such incredible insights.

by Anonymousreply 34August 31, 2019 8:46 PM

R33 Thank you for that, fascinating really. Another thing to keep in mind whilst contemplating the Simulation Theory.

by Anonymousreply 35August 31, 2019 8:50 PM

R33- Amazing. And yes, that is what people are starting to realize, that EVERYTHING is an illusion. I had never read that about Roger. That is amazing. And my god that guy went through so much.

R34- If I can remember those words of Rumi, every morning, I think I can live a better life. And anyone and everyone can!!!

by Anonymousreply 36August 31, 2019 8:54 PM

R35 The Simulation Theory is very interesting. Maybe Mr. Ebert had an up-close view of it.

by Anonymousreply 37August 31, 2019 8:54 PM

R33 OP here. People will tire of reading about my ayahuasca experiences, I’m sure—but yes, I experienced the same.

I went somewhere else for an indefinable length of time and it was vast and endless and inorganic and terrifying because it was so lonely: there was no “I” any longer. I was integrated with everything and I desperately wanted the illusion back so that I would not have to be alone with myself.

And as I was coming back—I know this all reads like batshit craziness, and I know it was a psychedelic trip, but as many people report, it was more real than this is—I sort of crashed through my whole timeline. If you imagine everything in your life in images imprinted onto thin glass sheets, and then crashing from above through those sheets and seeing past and future flying by all around you, that’s what it was like. I realized that everything that occurs and ever has occurred and ever will occur is occurring in the present. That is the illusion: everything is happening at once. But we can’t make sense of that and so our consciousness processes it in order through time. It’s like a novel: War and Peace exists as a whole story, a whole experience, in a bound book. But you can’t absorb it all at once. It’s all there, all the time, but you have to read it letter by letter. And you can read it any way you choose, but it will not make sense unless you read it from the beginning to the end. Still, at any time, you can open to any page and experience it. You can disorder the story. I experienced knowing all this. And I didn’t experience this hypothesis, but it arose from those experiences: both memories and psychic phenomena are “memories” that stir up from the already-existing (and simultaneously happening) story. Sometimes our processor glitches and we get bits of the story out of order—because it’s all always there, already written and simultaneously always being expressed all in one moment. The time part is the illusion. The experiences are real, as a kind of hypersophisticated immersive fiction. Dying does not end this life because it always exists as a whole. But this life is not even a fragment of every other whole story that is happening to you right now.

by Anonymousreply 38August 31, 2019 8:57 PM

I believe that Rumi is also the one who likened individual lives to a cup of water scooped out of the ocean. These lives are made up of the whole ocean and exist as a part of it, and at the same time, these lives exist as individual, complete and separate lives. We are part of something great and fluid and we are sovereign and also fluid. And eventually, whether we are dumped as whole cups into the ocean or if we slowly evaporate and fall back into it, we will be reintegrated into the whole ocean and exist only as it. Then parts will be reconstituted again as separate individual emanations. It’s so obvious but such a counterintuitive way for an organism to think.

by Anonymousreply 39August 31, 2019 9:01 PM

R38, You have just confirmed everything I have ever read and learned from MANY teachers, all saying the same thing-

Brilliant, how you described your experience.

And we ARE all one. Truly. Even A Course In Miracles makes this very clear.

Your post I am copying and pasting and emailing myself.

Brilliantly said

by Anonymousreply 40August 31, 2019 9:02 PM

R40 Honestly, the “glass memories” part is just a literal reporting of the experience. It was (litererally) an insane and terrifyingly disordered experience, but once I had time to integrate it, it gave me peace and comfort and motivation.

I’ll confess—honest to God—that that happened in April of 2015, and part of the “future memory” that was more real than life right now is was seeing Donald Trump as president. Which upset me because I did not want to see that shit as a significant part of my life, whether it would happen or not. But I saw it so clearly that I was certain, more sure of it than any hunch I’d ever had in my life, that I knew from April 2015 he would be president and that chaos would follow. I had a meltdown about it and everyone I knew thought I was being ridiculous and kept telling me—all the way up to election night—that “it’s literally impossible for him to win.” And I knew he had already won.

Why didn’t I see/experience something more personally meaningful that stuck with me? I have no fucking idea. But this confirmed beyond any doubt at all that the future was pre-written.

by Anonymousreply 41August 31, 2019 9:10 PM

OP, Wow. What an incredible experience.

"Dying does not end this life because it always exists as a whole. But this life is not even a fragment of every other whole story that is happening to you right now."

What a wonderful way of putting it.

I don't think we will ever be able to truly process consciousness while living on this plane of existence.

by Anonymousreply 42August 31, 2019 9:13 PM

R41 I have little "psychic flashes" - as I call them - from time to time. I have to admit that I didn't see Trump coming, though.

Who's to say that psychic phenomena simply doesn't exist? There is too much that we do not understand.

by Anonymousreply 43August 31, 2019 9:15 PM

This is the 2nd worst Frau Thread we've even been infected with.

BLOCK

by Anonymousreply 44August 31, 2019 9:17 PM

R39 That was a beautiful Rumi quote. And I know people like to knock Gibran but I liked this quote too:

"For life and death are one, even as the river and the sea are one." - Khalil Gibran

by Anonymousreply 45August 31, 2019 9:19 PM

R44- If I weren't so enlightened, I would tell you to DIE.'

But as we are ONE, I cannot do that.

I love you, you little cunt!

SO much!

This thread, RULES, so beat it!

by Anonymousreply 46August 31, 2019 9:19 PM

Well said, R46 :-)

If these topics are not your cup of tea then please feel free to enjoy other threads R44.

by Anonymousreply 47August 31, 2019 9:22 PM

This thread is what we have needed for a LONG time. Good to see some folks who see life in another way..

This has been my life since 2012- Trying to see the TRUTH.'

Love this OP. And I will not let any trolls destroy it.

by Anonymousreply 48August 31, 2019 9:24 PM

You know, R44, no one is coming on here claiming to know everything, claiming to have special powers or stating rather fantastic things as established, scientifically proven fact. We're all just discussing our experiences and our personal beliefs. Thanks for stopping by with the sole intention of being a assh*le.

by Anonymousreply 49August 31, 2019 9:25 PM

R43 If you think of life as a complete book that you are presently reading word by word, then psychic peeks are not difficult to understand at all. You’re just jumping ahead in the story a little.

This was *not* part of my revelatory experience, but I speculate that we come into our lives knowing our stories already, having played a role in writing them. And in doing so, like having written or read a novel, we retain some memories of the story—including the future, because that is part of something we’ve read prior to “jumping into” the interactive experience of it.

I don’t consider it a premonition exactly but, as an example, 20 years ago I used to walk around this beautiful neighborhood just to look at the ornate old architecture and the gardens. Way too expensive for me to ever live there, and I never really dreamed of living there, even though I wanted to. I was just comfortable there and the neighborhood dream-homey. Flash forward to me needing to move from my old apartment, and I see a cool looking condo for rent online. I knew the general area but I didn’t recognize the street name. As I am walking there, I realize where it is. I come in and the apartment is a little unusual, with 1930s “character,” and it’s surrounded by these gorgeous condo buildings I could never afford to live in, but I can afford to live here. And I have for four years now.

It’s not like “a dream come true.” It’s just that I was magnetized here forever, for 20 years, as an idyllic place, nice just to walk around. It’s not that exceptional—but it had a gravity to me all that time, and now I wonder if it was a kind of “future nostalgia.” I was magnetized here because it was already home.

by Anonymousreply 50August 31, 2019 9:26 PM

"Everything is energy and that is all there is to it. Match the frequency to the reality that you want and you cannot help but get that reality. It can be no other way. This is not philosophy. This is physics." - Albert Einstein

by Anonymousreply 51August 31, 2019 9:48 PM

This thread is a DELIGHT.

R 50. Same here. I living in one of maybe 20 rentals in a coastal town where the lowest home cost is around 750,000...

Same exact thing. Crazy.

And I remember the night where I drove through this VERY small town, inhaling the breeze and just appreciating it.

I ended up living here 12 months later.

And guess what, my rental is ending and the owners are taking it back. How will I stay in this lovely town I now consider home?

The universe will show me the way.

by Anonymousreply 52August 31, 2019 9:59 PM

I had a tantric guru for a bit who taught that knowing the qualities of the elements allowed you to access and control them. The practice of Shadow Yog, comes out of this tradition and unlike Americanized yog, its goal is to achieve the purity necessary to acquire siddhis like remote viewing or mind reading. The practice was pretty satisfying even without trying to achieve the recognized goals, so one day, when I began to hear bells while in meditation (the tradition's meditation technique is similar to vipassana and may be where it originated as Buddha practiced some hardcore techniques before he sat under the bodhi tree), I was shocked. It happened again and since then I've had many strange experiences.

Like some of the posters above, I've known from an early age that the only thing worth pursuing on this planet is the truth about what we are and why we're here and after many explorations into both typical and esoteric religious traditions, have come to the conclusion that we're here to appreciate the illusion, the joke, and to worship the beauty of our perceptions using our senses to the upmost ability.

by Anonymousreply 53August 31, 2019 10:12 PM

My otherworldly, untethered experience also really made me not only grateful to be alive, but it restored a childlike sense of wonder and appreciation for my senses. We forget these things, appreciating all the different kinds of material forms and sensations, the vibrancy of color, the wonder of gravity and security of not being free floating (that sounds crazy but trust me), sounds that are organized into music and speech instead of free floating and chaotic. Everything in this life is ordered and relatively still and slow moving. The weightiness and density and stillness of this world is like a vacation.

by Anonymousreply 54August 31, 2019 10:19 PM

bumping because I love this thread

by Anonymousreply 55August 31, 2019 10:20 PM

You bitches are giving me the OOOGIES inside!!!

YASSS!!!! CUNTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets keep this going.

These bitches here know the TRUTH.

It could set everyone free, if they would only open their eyes....

by Anonymousreply 56August 31, 2019 10:23 PM

I can’t tell if you people are mocking me or not, but I also don’t really care. :)

by Anonymousreply 57August 31, 2019 10:25 PM

Nah. We're with you OP! :-)

by Anonymousreply 58August 31, 2019 10:35 PM

One of those experiences: One day I was frustrated with my hair and angry that it wouldn't stay put, calling myself ugly and nearly crying. I've always had thick and frizzy hair, so the humid summer day was not my friend.

My girlfriend and I had a friend visiting and I had become fed up with her taking advantage of the practice I had been given by the guru to see everyone as Krsna, and to treat them accordingly. She'd had a cake made, breakfast in bed, etc. and I was doing all the work. The third day she was there I escaped her demands in the afternoon by strolling to the river near my house.

Next to the river was a complex of condos in an old mill building and sitting on a bench outside her apartment was an old woman who motioned me over to talk with her, saying "I know your friend is a pain in the ass." Laughing, I figured she either had seen us or knew us in some way, but over the course of my conversation with her it became apparent that she had no idea who I was. So we chit chatted and as I got up to continue my walk, she waved goodbye and said "by the way, your hair is beautiful and you shouldn't insult yourself like that." There is no way she could have known about what I'd said to myself, alone in the bathroom that morning. Her vivid blue eyes sparkled with the joke and she laughed with delight at the shock on my face. Those eyes were the color of Krsna's skin in all the portraits I'd ever seen and I had the eerie feeling he was staring right back at me. In fact, I know he was.

I had been reading the 'Disciples of Rama Krishna' and if anyone knows anything about that amazing devotee of Kali, they'll know he practiced every form of religion in an attempt to prove that all lead back to the same source. He even lived his life as a woman with the understanding, in Hindu society, that women are closer to the godhead than men by virtue of their connection to the eternal process of birth. It's well worth the read.

by Anonymousreply 59August 31, 2019 10:36 PM

I’m not very familiar with Hindu beliefs, R59, but stories of otherworldly interventions are always fascinating.

Regarding women being closer to the godhead, that’s interesting. Gnostic mythology states that the Judeo-Christian God (YHWH, et al.) was created by the feminine aspect of the Pleroma, which I suppose is the godhead. Sophia (“Wisdom”), this feminine emanation, looked out beyond the fullness of everything divine and she saw darkness and felt sad for what was in the darkness. She called out “Ialdabaoth”—“come, child”—and in doing so, she brought the God of this world into creation. It is a masculine entity, and it became aware of itself by seeing itself in the divine waters, and it saw nothing besides itself and believed it is the only and highest being in creation. It then created this world and then mankind in its image. Everything it created has a spark of divinity from the original source—some of Sophia/wisdom—but it, the God of this world, is considered to be ignorant that anything exists at a higher level than it does. So the Gnostics spend their lives pursuing divine wisdom in the hope that through observing their discoveries, the God will become less ignorant and more knowing, and once it becomes aware that it is not the highest-level being, it will reintegrate into the fullness and bring this whole world with it. So a feminine aspect of the wholeness of all things created our God, our God intends to be good but is ignorant through narcissism, and the work of human beings is to pursue knowledge to return us to the divine source of goodness.

by Anonymousreply 60August 31, 2019 10:59 PM

OP- I am with you. Let's keep this going.

I am drinking Beer with a Modavite TAPED TO MY HEAD (my third eye) RIGHT NOW!

by Anonymousreply 61August 31, 2019 11:07 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62August 31, 2019 11:09 PM

Moldavite!! Sorry, OP!

by Anonymousreply 63August 31, 2019 11:12 PM

Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 64August 31, 2019 11:13 PM

Thou Infinite, All-pervading Presence, whose Active Intelligence governs all who look unto Thee, fill each one who seeks the Light with Thy Mighty Inner Light. Hold each one closer and closer in the "Great I AM Presence," that It fills the world of everyone with Thy Great, Great Perfection; and that the consciousness of each individual desires only that Great, Great Presence and Perfection.

by Anonymousreply 65August 31, 2019 11:15 PM

Can someone please poop in R64's mouth, when she sighs??

by Anonymousreply 66August 31, 2019 11:17 PM

Blocked the jerk and it feels good.

by Anonymousreply 67August 31, 2019 11:19 PM

Confess!

by Anonymousreply 68August 31, 2019 11:51 PM

Alert my bitches- R64 IS R67- I blocked R64, and then it blocked R67 as well!!!

You are EXPOSED R67.

Beat it, you trifling HO.

Or, repent, and we shall forgive you, because we are enlightened, and that is what we do in this divine thread!

We forgive, bastard people, like YOU! You little BITCH!!!!

by Anonymousreply 69September 1, 2019 1:26 AM

Bummed that this thread was hijacked by a troll.

by Anonymousreply 70September 1, 2019 10:25 AM

I have had numerous bizarre experiences in my life that have led me to believe in the supernatural, and I've always been fascinated by it. One precognitive event I had that I still find weird: Several years ago, when I was an undergraduate, I had an hour to kill between classes, and decided to go for a walk (my university was in the downtown area of the city). I was walking along, minding my business, and all of a sudden started thinking about the Borley Rectory, a famous haunted house case in England that I'd read about years before on the internet. I have no idea why, as there was nothing tangible that could have triggered it, but it popped into my head for no apparent reason. A couple minutes later, I was approaching a bookstore, and decided to go in and browse. I spent a good 20 minutes looking around, and walked past the occult/supernatural section, where I quickly skimmed the shelves. Seeing nothing of interest, I was about to turn around and leave, when all of a sudden, an old light-green, faded (almost illegible) spine popped out to me—all I could make out on it was "Borley." I took it off the shelf, and it was an antique book called "The End of Borley Rectory" that was written in the forties all about that case. I was dumbfounded, not because the book was there, but because I had randomly started thinking about it as I'd approached the store. It is not a common book either; I didn't even know it existed prior to that. I of course bought it because it seemed like some kind of omen, but to this day I have no idea what it meant.

by Anonymousreply 71September 1, 2019 10:56 AM

Some people dabble in chaos magick, NLP, and other such practices without necessarily believing that there's any magic behind it. A lot of scientific and medical journals have articles about the effects of meditations, mindfulness, yoga, and positive affirmations on mental and physical health. Even if it's just a placebo affect or a psychological trick to stop you from sabotaging yourself, it can be a very useful one. If lighting some candles and chanting is what you need to get into the right mindset to lose weight, fight depression or develop the confidence needed to ace that job interview, then by all means go hog wild with the mantras, incense and wacky rituals.

Whether there really is some higher power or greater intelligence underlying the universe-who knows? If there is one, it's probably too complex to be fully understood by any human-made belief system.

Here's a link to a talk by a hot neuroscience professor from Stanford about the hard science behind the hippie-dippie stuff and how to hack your own brain to make it work better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72September 1, 2019 11:19 AM

Interesting TED talk about parapsychology. Maybe it's all pseudoscience from people trying to confirm what they want to believe, maybe not. It does seem a little more credible coming from a guy with a Ph.D in physics who did research at Stanford and worked for the CIA to try to make practical use of this kind of thing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73September 1, 2019 11:27 AM

Conventional wisdom says it’s all hokum. That federal intelligence and defense agencies have invested at least hundreds of millions in researching the practical uses of the paranormal at least shows that the people who run these agencies are smart enough not to close their minds to potential.

by Anonymousreply 74September 1, 2019 11:40 AM

The magic is within you. You control the outcome of this great experiment.

The wave/particle theory of photon/electron observations reveal a great mystery that science cannot explain, and it's stupid simple: what the scientists expected to happen did. If it they BELIEVED it was a particle, those were the results. If another group believed it was a wave, that's the proof they received. The conclusion therefore became 'it's both' and so matter and energy are the same thing.

To harness those energies moving through everything does not seem so implausible when you consider this 'mystery' of our universe.

Is the universe alive? Of course it is because it's teeming with life. The sum total of that is incredible to contemplate. One of the great philosophies originating on the Indian continent, Sankya theory, posits that consciousness pervades the entire universe and life comes into being when matter is within the vicinity of this energy of consciousness. Everything living is conscious. Everything created out of the material world, such as a chair, has been imbued with conscious intention for some purpose. Why should we be any different?

by Anonymousreply 75September 1, 2019 12:00 PM

Manly P. Hall - never heard of him until recently and I suppose you get what you need when you're ready. If you check him out and your head explodes, that's on you.

by Anonymousreply 76September 1, 2019 12:10 PM

Interesting experience R71.

by Anonymousreply 77September 1, 2019 1:00 PM

Someone in another thread mentioned an Amazon Prime show called "Hellier" that touches on the mysteries all around us, so I checked it out. It was very compelling and I won't give it away except to say that it was all too real. The people investigating it within the documentary format of the show were very much into the type of occurrences that R71 experienced and came together under similar circumstances.

There are no coincidences.

by Anonymousreply 78September 1, 2019 1:06 PM

Many years ago I would repeatedly camp in this beautiful state park in Vermont. During one of these trips, I'd lost a ring my father had given me before he died.

Tens years later, on the anniversary of his death, I was camping again in the same park for what would be the last time. I was alone, feeling melancholy and thinking of him when for some unknown reason I looked down at the ground beside the lean-to I was camping in. There in the dirt was something shiny and when I stooped to pick it up I nearly fainted. It was his ring. This is a big park, the camping areas are raked clean after every visit, and there must have been countless people over the years staying in the site. I was stunned and still believe he led me there to find it again.

by Anonymousreply 79September 1, 2019 1:36 PM

Amazing, R79

by Anonymousreply 80September 1, 2019 1:37 PM

R79. Wow........ Love this.

by Anonymousreply 81September 1, 2019 1:40 PM

Not my story, but that of a close friend's and worth repeating.

My friend is a writer from the NY/NJ area and was hiking on Monument Mountain in western Massachusetts. This was a favorite hike for writers like Emerson, Hawthorne, and they wrote essays and stories about their experiences there. My friend found a boulder at the top of the mountain with a large crack in it and decided to insert a little note about how special the place was and how deeply connected he became to their experience. He put it in the form of a letter to the universe and used his real return address.

Several years later, he received a letter from a man who had just lost his father. He had not had the opportunity to say good-bye and deeply regretted this. Shortly after his father was buried, he took a walk on the mountain where they hiked together and sat on the boulder. Looking down, he saw the white of the letter, pulled it out, and read it. He wrote to my friend that it was if the words were pouring out to him from beyond and in the same way his father always spoke. He was sure that the note had been left for him.

Sometimes, my friends said, we're just the divine postman, we're the magic, we're the spell that gets spoken.

by Anonymousreply 82September 1, 2019 1:46 PM

R82- Good lord. Beautiful....

by Anonymousreply 83September 1, 2019 2:08 PM

I’m a witchy bitch although I look anything but. Decades ago, I found a “love spell” that is probably just a daily affirmation. But it worked. Sometimes I repeat it to unblock the channels. From a more scientific view, it probably makes me feel secure and confident and that’s attractive.

My ritual is an almost reflexive daily gratitude; the superstition being that if you don’t appreciate it, it might disappear. I don’t try too hard for anything, because I think what I need will find me. I wonder about “luck”, because I’ve been very, very lucky.

Something that comforts me is my baseless belief that at the moment of death, all answers will be revealed. All the things that can’t be known to me, things I wonder, will be known. And then I can rest.

by Anonymousreply 84September 1, 2019 3:13 PM

From the least likely source, Dr. Phil: “what I fear is what I create”. I’ve given this so much thought. I think it’s true.

by Anonymousreply 85September 1, 2019 3:17 PM

Magic is the mush in a cocoon changing from caterpillar soup into a nectar drinking, pollen spreading wonder.

by Anonymousreply 86September 1, 2019 3:18 PM

R84 I honestly believe now that death is the opposite of rest. I think being here with all these material limitations is blissfully simple, and after this we are off in warp speed to experience an inconceivably vast array of stimuli that we can’t even fathom while in these bodies. This simple life is a vacation, and I think that is revealed when we’re off to the next place.

by Anonymousreply 87September 1, 2019 3:19 PM

Is Poo off on another manic "majick" phase again?

by Anonymousreply 88September 1, 2019 3:56 PM

R87, that’s an intriguing possibility I’d never considered. Thank you for introducing that food for thought!

This thread is thrilling and moving (it’s made me cry. MARY!) and stimulating.

by Anonymousreply 89September 1, 2019 4:08 PM

Yep, it's Poo Shoes again. She is a troll of limited interests. Superstition and conspiracy run her life. Guess she got tired of getting shit on the Eyes Wide Shut thread.

by Anonymousreply 90September 1, 2019 4:42 PM

People trolling a thread that has generated interest by calling the original poster a troll is...well, it just is.

by Anonymousreply 91September 1, 2019 4:45 PM

[quote]People trolling a thread that has generated interest by calling the original poster a troll is...well, it just is.

AND....proving that, yes, indeed, it's a Poo thread and, yes, you are a troll who has been kicked off of numerous sites for your crazy shit. DL is probably the only place you can still get on.

by Anonymousreply 92September 1, 2019 4:56 PM

What in the hell are you talking about? I have been kicked off exactly zero websites in the history of ever. I don’t even know what “poo shoes” is supposed to mean. The only “troll” name I have ever been assigned here is “the Tori Amos troll,” and that is a badge I wear with pride.

by Anonymousreply 93September 1, 2019 5:01 PM

Anyone who's been on DL for long knows what and who "Poo" is. Be gone.

by Anonymousreply 94September 1, 2019 5:03 PM

R93, someone is going into threads and claiming they’re started by Poo Shoes.

I don’t know if it’s true that’s she’s starting them, or not. The mystery of Datalounge...

by Anonymousreply 95September 1, 2019 5:07 PM

R95, pretty easy to find out who is starting them. Not so great a mystery and there are many DL'ers who recognize her.

by Anonymousreply 96September 1, 2019 5:10 PM

R95 Well I don’t know who that is but I started this thread and I enjoyed the discussion while it lasted, but it has been trolled into oblivion by toddlerspeaking naysayers and I’ve had sufficient of them.

by Anonymousreply 97September 1, 2019 5:10 PM

[quote]R95 Well I don’t know who that is but I started this thread and I enjoyed the discussion while it lasted, but it has been trolled into oblivion by toddlerspeaking naysayers and I’ve had sufficient of them.

Bwahaha, typical LV hotel maidspeak and tactics.

by Anonymousreply 98September 1, 2019 5:12 PM

R96, maybe because I’m on mobile all the time, but I can’t see who posts what. Is that something you can see on a desktop?

by Anonymousreply 99September 1, 2019 5:23 PM

Well. I blocked the Poo Shoes Accusatory Troll and many posts were deleted!

Loving this thread and I will make sure it continues!

by Anonymousreply 100September 1, 2019 7:38 PM

Lol, doubtful as I haven't posted that many posts on here but block away, Poo.

by Anonymousreply 101September 1, 2019 7:40 PM

Don't worry, OP. Poo shoes and the story of the flood in the bathroom of the Bellagio hotel in NYC is referenced by longtime DL asses to make others feel left out. Some crazy lady wrote a post about someone flushing a toilet in the stall next to her's, flooding the floor with poo, and staining her lovely satin shoes, hence the moniker 'Poo shoes'

She's real, btw, and hasn't shown up here in quite a long time. The Scat troll loves to reference her in obscure threads.

by Anonymousreply 102September 1, 2019 9:57 PM

It’s like hanging out with 12 year olds.

by Anonymousreply 103September 1, 2019 9:58 PM

My reading went well, she hit on a lot of things. She sent me a video link and did a cartomancy reading for me. Nothing came through on the "spirit box" but the card reading was very insightful and helpful.

I dunno, I may ask for another reading at some point.

by Anonymousreply 104September 2, 2019 1:45 AM

Has anyone ever had a frightening or a negative experience while meditating? I guess the "dark side" of meditation is something that is not often discussed. From what I've read a person can stumble upon some issues that cause distress or maybe buried memories they weren't prepared to confront.

Some people have claimed to encounter negative entities.

Every third eye opening meditation I have tried turned out to be a negative experience. I always wind up in a dark place.

by Anonymousreply 105September 2, 2019 1:52 AM

R105 I’ve had a couple of unnerving visions while meditating but not necessarily negative

by Anonymousreply 106September 2, 2019 2:02 AM

I had the same feeling about Trump. Knew he was going to win and just felt dread

I have the same feeling about Warren

by Anonymousreply 107September 2, 2019 2:54 AM

*Not the dread part with Warren

by Anonymousreply 108September 2, 2019 2:57 AM

The Poo Shoes J'Accuse! Trolls are far worse than the original.

by Anonymousreply 109September 2, 2019 3:17 AM

They typically are, R109.

I've had buried memories come up in meditation and yes, they can be unnerving. The whole point of meditation is to let it ALL come in, without labeling it, and to remain unmoved and peaceful. You are just at a stage where your mind/body complex is allowing the release because you're addressing that which is eternal, whole, and most importantly, always safe.

Use those experiences, observe them as you would anything else, and let them pass away into the ether. Avoiding them just allows them to return later as you continue the practice. Strong emotions kept as bodily memory often arise in yoga or chi practices like Chi Gong or Tai Chi. Do the same: observe only, don't judge, and allow whatever emotions are held in to be released. It's a digestion of what you held inside and if you allow this process, you will be free of it. Trust yourSelf.

by Anonymousreply 110September 2, 2019 1:35 PM

I have never had bad memories surface during meditation. I used to meditate in the bath in the mornings and would focus on making this little dot of light that would dart around my visual field (with my eyes closed) hold steady, and eventually I could get it to grow and it would change colors, most often to a bright green that sometimes swelled up and sort of washed over me in waves. It was so calming and energizing.

But then one time I saw three little spots that were arranged kind of in a ring and then in a flash of imagination I imagined that they were some kind of creature looking down on me from above, like someone looking through a microscope. And then in a flash I felt like I was being watched by someone. I freaked the fuck out and opened my eyes and then laughed it off. Then a few days later I saw “them” again—just kind of fuzzy silhouettes that could be just random spots or could be heads—and I thought, OK, interesting, and just stayed with it. And then I got spooked again and felt like they were observing me from above and I snapped out of it.

And then a while later, months probably, I was meditating and the little single light turned into a grayish static and it suddenly looked like an eye, floating around in the dark, exactly like the eye on a dollar bill. And I just thought, interesting that I’m seeing an eye when it’s always been just a light. So I watched it sort of float around jerkily and expected it to dissipate but it didn’t and as I looked longer I noticed that it was fucking blinking. And I definitely felt like it was watching me. I opened my eyes immediately with my heart racing. And then it happened again a while later and I tried really hard to force myself to “confront” it by having a sort of staring competition and suddenly again I freaked out and opened my eyes. I get unnerved now when I try to meditate. I’ve never seen anything while doing it except abstract light, those three “heads” and the eye. I don’t know why the light is relaxing to me and the “watchers” freak me out.

by Anonymousreply 111September 2, 2019 2:01 PM

R111, it's a next step and you'll continue to see this type of phenomena. It's important not to label or judge things, which is what we've all learned to do, and the 'watchers' that you see are not sinister or even 'watchers' per se. The eye is also something that has been noticed in others and spoken about in many traditions. Again, don't label it, allow it to be what it is and sink further into this next stage of meditation. Sounds, sights, all kinds of things are supposed to happen as you access the deeper parts of your subconscious awareness.

People who have been in a state of sensory deprivation often describe hearing a baby crying or a car door alarm, or slamming. Our thinking level of consciousness wants to maintain control and puts out an 'alarm' to wake us up out of deeper levels. Focus in on your breathing when this happens and follow the breath into the body with your awareness to allow this phenomena to pass. If it doesn't, just keep focus on the breath or come out of meditation and breathe for about 5 minutes to calm down any panic or upset. Sit with it until your heartbeat calms down and then focus on other things.

by Anonymousreply 112September 2, 2019 2:35 PM

[quote]She's real, btw, and hasn't shown up here in quite a long time.

She's here all the time. Are you blind? Any time international, satanic pedo rings or UFO, or "majick" threads are posted, it's her 99% of the time. She has few interests outside that. She used to obsess on George Clooney. She likes to start her own threads because she "controls" the narrative and there will be a lot of "thoughts, please" and "thank you for your response" types of shit. She really doesn't even deny trolling here anymore. She'll retreat and return. I think she suffers from some type of "teacher" complex.

by Anonymousreply 113September 2, 2019 2:35 PM

What happened to "To be silent" as a witchcraft creed?

by Anonymousreply 114September 2, 2019 2:55 PM

R112 I think the fear is of discovering something beyond what has always been real and, especially, for some reason I feel like visually seeing anything at all with my eyes closed is somehow penetrating a veil or something and that somehow doing that could cause me to leave this body and be done with this life. I get this very “light” feeling as if I am going to hop outside of myself when these things happen and I am afraid of that. I don’t really know if it’s the same thing as a fear of death or not, but I do know that I’m not ready to take a leap like that. Ignorance in this case is blissful. :) I figure if there is anything to any of the spooky stuff, I will find out eventually one day and it does not need to be today.

by Anonymousreply 115September 2, 2019 3:01 PM

That's always up to you, R115. Sometimes using music while you meditate will keep you out of those states.

by Anonymousreply 116September 2, 2019 3:05 PM

That ended when the pograms did, R114.

by Anonymousreply 117September 2, 2019 3:07 PM

And R114 some of us are “witchy” without participating in an organized religion that issues dogma. One need not label oneself with a brand of spiritual practices in order to pursue spiritual investigations.

by Anonymousreply 118September 2, 2019 3:13 PM

My father played the same lotto (now Mega and Power Ball) number for decades. Never won. When he died I kept playing his number, over 10 years now. Never won. I fear if I miss playing one time that will be the time the number will come up and I will know I am totally hated by God or the universe or whatever. So....I spend a small fortune playing every Mega and Power Ball game. It's just one number and one ticket for each but that's 2 dollars each, twice a week that's 8 dollars a week, 32 dollars a month, 384 dollars a year.

Even given that when my father played the games were 1 dollar each instead of 2, if first my father and then I put that money away instead I'd have a nice little nest egg by now from just that.

by Anonymousreply 119September 2, 2019 3:22 PM

Logical thinking, when it comes to material aspects like money, R119, trumps magical thinking. Put your fears away, see money as 'energy' and play it only on a given day per week or month. When you let a wish, like riches, go, it gives the universe the opportunity to work on it. Hold it in, get all weird about it, and it holds you back.

Spend some gambling, save the rest and see what happens!

by Anonymousreply 120September 2, 2019 4:49 PM

All my life I had weird coincidences. I usually don't tell people these thing as they sound so crazy. For example, I met the love of my life in 8th grade Home Ec when alphabetical seating brought us together. We became best friends and in a couple years lovers until his asshole brother outed us. We were apart for 11 years until a chance meeting in a store. It was like we were14 again.

My sister got me into genealogy and I looked up my hubby's last time and found out it's meaning. As I researched more about last names I found out my husband's family name went back to the 11th century and part of the first census on similar early documents like the Piper Rolls or Great Rolls. In fact the very first person to go down in history with my husband's last name had MY first name. We were blown away.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121September 2, 2019 5:01 PM

Money is nothing but a fake symbol to replace the trust in your own, true worthiness.

I know to many this sounds completely crazy, but look at the likes of Trump. They chase after money and power. Do they look happy to you? They chase after these fake symbols of wealth and outside power beyond their own to feel better about themselves. And it's never enough. The truth is that there never will be enough to satisfy anyone's insecurity issues since that void of feeling not worthy / powerless can never be filled.

And life isn't about having x-amount of money and live happily ever after anyway. Life is about expanding and exploring while remaining in good spirits. There is nothing wrong with wanting a new, fancy car, getting it and then wanting something else (getting that and then want something else, getting that ...). What is wrong is when you think the only way to get that new, fancy car is to steal, cheat, screw other people over. That way the new, fancy car will not be a satisfactory victory, because you know how you got it and that knowledge will poison every success and victory and give it a very bad taste.

People who practice magic AND believe they are so unworthy they have to pay a heavy price for anything good they get will not enjoy any of their victories, because they believe they come with a heavy price / sacrifice. And instead of enjoying the victory they look for the price they have to pay to confirm their belief.

People who practice magic AND believe that others must suffer in order for them to get what they want, will not enjoy their victories, because - on a subconscious level - they know that's not right, and they will get punished (by their own orchestrated punishment also known as karma).

by Anonymousreply 122September 2, 2019 5:09 PM

This works for every aspect in your life, not just magic.

Be very clear about your intention. Access your own inner, annoying child that constantly asks you why you want something or why you want to take action (before you take action).

I want more money! Why? Because I want to buy stuff! Why? Because I need them! Why? Because they make me feel better! Why? ...

by Anonymousreply 123September 2, 2019 5:18 PM

r123 You got it all backwards; that's not the inner child that asks those questions. Any normal adult person should question their motives for doing things. In fact, it's the inner brat that constantly asks for things and is never content. Besides, do you really want to go through life without knowing why you're actually doing the things you do? What a terrifying prospect that is.

by Anonymousreply 124September 2, 2019 5:22 PM

Two crazy coincidences in my life that can’t just be coincidence.

I was very young and after I was tucked in, I went downstairs and told my parents I wanted to talk to my father’s mother. I had only met her once and we didn’t speak on the phone often. I am guessing it was around 9 pm. They told me to go to bed; I could talk to her tomorrow. I was insistent and they found her number and I picked up the phone to dial it. There was no dial tone. She said “Hey, [my name], I was just thinking of you!” She called us and I picked up before the phone rang. We always talked about that weird coincidence in my family.

Then, when I was in college and too busy to be too connected to my family, I was at my parents’ house and I asked my dad how his mother is. He said they hadn’t spoken in a while. I told him “you need to call your mother!” He said he would call her soon. I said, “give me her number. I’ll call her!” I picked up the phone and started dialing, and instead of a dial tone, my grandmother was saying, “Hello? Hello?” under the beeps of the numbers as I pushed them. I was so fucking freaked out. I apparently had picked up the phone before it rang again. And she said my name and said, “are you visiting your parents? I was just thinking about you!”

She was a very religious Methodist but my father said she was always psychic, mostly with dreams, and unlike a lot of Christians she didn’t try to hide it or anything. It was just her intuition as far as she was concerned.

Those may be the only two times in my life that I ever called her. My father swears—and he’s very nonplussed about it—that that sort of thing was just normal for her and I’m sure he is right.

by Anonymousreply 125September 2, 2019 5:29 PM

Magic is not real no matter how much you want to believe it. You might as well believe in Santa, Jeebus and the Tooth Fairy. All childish bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 126September 2, 2019 5:34 PM

Peace, r126. Ask yourself why you find it necessary to crash this thread with those remarks.

by Anonymousreply 127September 2, 2019 8:42 PM

Thank you for your responses R106 and R111.

by Anonymousreply 128September 2, 2019 10:23 PM

I want to start reading tarot cards. Any advice?

by Anonymousreply 129September 3, 2019 12:42 AM

R129 Do you have a natural feel for reading tarot cards? Is it something you enjoy?

by Anonymousreply 130September 3, 2019 12:46 AM

R129

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131September 3, 2019 12:55 AM

R129

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132September 3, 2019 12:56 AM

R129

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133September 3, 2019 12:57 AM

The few esoteric rituals I have parted in have failed. Boo.

by Anonymousreply 134September 3, 2019 4:19 AM

r124, whatever inner process works for you. The end result (clarity) is what matters. A lot of people claim to want one thing but really focus on its opposite. Like, say they want more money, but focus on the state of not having (enough) money (or any money at all) and get more of that instead of more money.

by Anonymousreply 135September 3, 2019 4:38 AM

I burnt sage. Got more anxious.

Wore an evil eye pendant. Was mugged.

Prayed to Saint Jude. My passport remained lost.

by Anonymousreply 136September 3, 2019 9:35 PM

For me it isn't so much about money as luck. That's where my magical thinking comes in. As I said, if I don't play and the one or two times in about 50 years those numbers aren't played by first my dad and then me come in it will feel as if I'm truly hated by someone or something out there. I don't want to have to spend the rest of my life feeling like that. I'm very far from wealthy but I get by. The money would be nice but the incredible thrill of finally winning would be so much nicer and I would feel that my father was watching. Again, maybe magical thinking. At the least hopeful thinking.

by Anonymousreply 137September 3, 2019 10:25 PM

[quote]Peace, [R126]. Ask yourself why you find it necessary to crash this thread with those remarks.

Because this is DL and not some new age Kumbaya site.

by Anonymousreply 138September 3, 2019 11:14 PM

R138 I was home alone singing Kumbaya the other evening and the spirits of Judy Garland and Freddie Mercury joined in!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 139September 5, 2019 6:29 PM

yes, these hoodoo spells posted on here work, but you better be ready to pay a price.

by Anonymousreply 140September 5, 2019 7:21 PM

Wonder if any DL-ers ever experienced a haunting or paranormal activity that they are not able to explain away.

by Anonymousreply 141September 5, 2019 8:37 PM

R138 If you don't care for the "Kumbaya" stuff then please feel free to find another thread. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 142September 5, 2019 8:38 PM

R140 I have read that spells are not a good idea, that you must cast them only under very certain circumstances or else the spell in question can come back to you in negative form.

by Anonymousreply 143September 5, 2019 8:39 PM

No R142. R141, we've had numberous paranormal threads, most all of them started by the same elderly LV hotel maid.

by Anonymousreply 144September 5, 2019 11:39 PM

R138 as if DATALOUNGE has a specific curated format for thread subjects... have you actually browsed this insane fucking website before?

by Anonymousreply 145September 6, 2019 9:09 AM

"No [R142]. [R141], we've had numberous paranormal threads, most all of them started by the same elderly LV hotel maid."

Sorry but I believe that there are people on DL who like to share their spiritual beliefs as well as their odd experiences.

No one here is being hateful (unlike way too many DL threads) or trying to hurt anyone and, again, no one is required to view or take part in threads they are not interested in.

by Anonymousreply 146September 6, 2019 3:53 PM

R146, you can believe that but as I said most of these threads are started by the same person who has limited interests outside of conspiracies, satanic pedo rings and stupid, fake videos of UFO's and "ghost" sightings.

by Anonymousreply 147September 7, 2019 4:18 PM

I don't know why so many people are trying to pin this thread on Dumbvida. The OP is a smart and funny guy who posts here often. I consider him a friend. I'm always late, but I enjoy his musings.

by Anonymousreply 148September 9, 2019 11:15 AM

I'm going to do something special for my favorite candidate for this week's presidential debate. Hope it takes! 🤞

by Anonymousreply 149September 9, 2019 11:24 AM

OP, you bring joy to my life. I love you like you'll never know.

by Anonymousreply 150September 9, 2019 11:32 AM

Laying it on a bit thick aren't you?

by Anonymousreply 151September 9, 2019 11:45 AM

Any updates, life dreamers?

by Anonymousreply 152September 12, 2019 10:38 PM

For 10 years when i lived in NY I went tot he santeria show with little quests. They were so pleasant and happy to take my money, the botanicas and cheap sweet smelling oils and incense and colorful candles and glitter were right in my aesthetic, and they were happy to take my small payments.

by Anonymousreply 153September 12, 2019 11:01 PM

I just say, "Shmavida, Shmavida, Shmavida" in a dark bathroom mirror and then some woman in Vegas who looks like the Jazzy Vegetarian if the Jazzy Vegetarian had been suffering from untreated schizophrenia for the last several decades winds up getting some shit encrusted toilet paper stuck to her heel.

Magic is always good for a few laughs.

by Anonymousreply 154September 12, 2019 11:09 PM

Not really R152. I just wasted money on a bogus reading. Different reader this time around.

Wonder if they can sense that I am feeling ripped off, disappointed and foolish.

I may go back to the reader I started out with. Maybe around Halloween.

by Anonymousreply 155September 13, 2019 1:11 AM

Tonight, tonight, we'll see a rare moon tonight...

'Friday the 13th Full Moon: a Rare Event You Won’t See Again Until 2049'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156September 13, 2019 6:59 PM

We live in a huge universe with tremendous amounts of energy being expended in quasars, black holes, comets, etc. and yet a large swath of humanity believes itself immune to the same forces that drive bears to hibernate and dragonflies to migrate. To me, that's the great mystery - how so many are unaware of their true nature.

Haters and disbelievers are not worth the energy expended to convince them otherwise. They will find out on their own or not. It's not your 'karma' to educate them.

I had a ghostly encounter at an older home in Boston during my college years in the 70's. I rented a third floor room in a brownstone in the South End and had become close to my landlord and his wife, Polish immigrants who came here after WWII. They often fed me with the family and during one of these dinners, I found out that they had a son, their oldest child, who had become involved with a local gang and was 'lost' to the family.

During my sophmore year, on the night before Halloween, I came home late from a party and crept up the stairs past the landlord's rooms as quietly as I could so as not to wake them. It was about 2:30 am since the bars closed at 2 in Boston. I crawled into bed, just slightly drunk since I had class in the morning, when I heard someone in the hallway outside my door. "Mr. K, is that you?" I called out, thinking my landlord was checking on me in the fatherly way he often did when I came home late. I heard a growly voice say "Who are you?" in reply, and thinking Mr. K was a little sauced on apricot brandy, I replied "It's me, of course...who do you think?" and laughed. No one answered me, I heard steps going down, and so I rolled over and went to sleep. The next day I came down late and headed right out to class. I did notice how eerily quiet the house was.

I came home late that afternoon to prepare for another party when I turned the corner and saw a crowd outside the house. Mrs. K came out and herded me into the kitchen where the family was gathered, all grim, some crying. Apparently the prodigal had been shot and killed in another section of the city the night before. Mr. K sat stone faced and seemingly angry. I apologized for coming in late and waking him when he looked up at me in surprise. "You didn't wake me" he said. "Sure you did!....you even asked me who I was!" The whole family grew silent and stared at me. Mr. K got up from his chair and gripped my shoulders, practically shouting in my face "I was not awake, who did you see!!!!???" Mrs. K began to weep, and puzzled, I turned to her, asking what had I done, what was wrong? "Your room was Karl's room" she sobbed, "he must have come home that night, when he was shot, at 2:45am."

I'm wholly convinced he did come home, saw a stranger in his room, and left. May he rest in peace despite the torment he obviously gave his family. Perhaps it was a blessing I was there.

by Anonymousreply 157September 20, 2019 1:18 PM

R157 <------ Hear, here!

by Anonymousreply 158September 20, 2019 1:36 PM

I really enjoyed this thread Thanks @R131 @R132 @R133

by Anonymousreply 159December 1, 2019 10:21 PM

R141, see r121. Can't see how that can be explained.

by Anonymousreply 160December 1, 2019 10:53 PM

I resurrected this heinous thread. Magic.

by Anonymousreply 161March 31, 2020 10:13 AM

Thank you, R161! I’ve missed it!

by Anonymousreply 162March 31, 2020 10:32 AM

I practice tarot not for divination but for self-reflection, connecting to the collective unconscious, yada yada, and I collect tarot decks because they can be works of art.

by Anonymousreply 163March 31, 2020 11:59 AM

R163 Did you know David Bowie did artwork for his own take on Tarot cards?

by Anonymousreply 164March 31, 2020 1:10 PM

So glad i found this thread.

by Anonymousreply 165March 31, 2020 1:43 PM

R38/R40, were you the guy in the DMT thread who talked about a vision of something bad that is supposed to happen?

As a former wiccan with frequent precognitions and deja vu experiences, I appreciated this thread. I do have continued interest in learning more about our realty, higher consciousness, and developing my own awareness through meditation and, maybe someday, a hallucinogen.

Thanks for the interesting thread. It is good to read the perspectives of like-minded individuals.

by Anonymousreply 166March 31, 2020 11:21 PM

R166 I am the OP/R38 but not R40. Yes, I am that person. People were beating me up for not being willing to say what I saw because I could not bear to even consider it could happen. At this point, I don’t see much more to lose.

In April of 2015, my father was about to have a cardiovascular surgery and I was terrified of losing him. I had taken ayahuasca several times before and I had had a lot of life-changing insights but I never had a breakthrough visionary experience, and I thought that just maybe I might be able to connect with deceased relatives and find hope that if the worst happened to him during his surgery, I’d know he would still be somewhere. I took it again, and I had a full breakthough ego-dissolving experience that seriously traumatized me. (It took a long time, but I eventually became grateful about that.)

As always, there was a series of experiences. At one point I was in a void for what felt like an impossible amount of time. It felt like a digital, cold intellect with no organic type of living and it was a kind of hell. I begged for life bag. I BEGGED and demanded it because I was not done with my life story.

Eventually at some point, I came back to my body. It was as if I fell through the pages of my life, if my life were written into glass pages that were stacked up. I fell through and shards flew all around me—honestly it was something like when Dorothy looks out her window as her house is lifted by the tornado, except at a million times the speed. In those shards of my life, in fragments out of time and out of context, I saw a lot of my memories of my younger life. I saw flashes of moments of my life to come. And I saw two things that were unfathomably upsetting. If I were reading this, I would think it was preposterous and so if you do, I don’t blame you. I saw Donald Trump as president of the United States (this was April of 2015) and the feeling was darker than what I can describe. Doom. And the thing I did not want to acknowledge I saw was something like a concentration camp. People were crammed behind a barbed wire fence. I was being brought into it, my face was against the fence and then the dirt ground. And that’s all. I got those two images in April 2015 and I was a Cassandra telling everyone Trump was going to be president because I had a vision of that future and it was realer than reality. And of course everyone (including me) thought I was nuts because polls supposedly guaranteed it was impossible for him to win. But I knew he would. I was there before it happened.

I also saw an image of someone who I felt was me, elderly and sitting in a dining room chair. I saw it from above at an angle, as if I were having an out of body experience. I am 41, not elderly, and so I don’t know what to make of the “camp scene” I witnessed in that vision. It felt more ambiguous but it was T-E-R-R-O-R in the vision. Maybe it was only a hallucination or nightmare. I honestly pray that it was. It haunts me.

But in the end, my lesson remains: life is a story. We’re all here as characters in human adventure stories, and they all have beginnings, lulls, ups and downs, and then they all end. That’s what we are here for. Everything else is arbitrary.

by Anonymousreply 167April 1, 2020 12:07 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 168April 1, 2020 10:34 AM

[quote]Confess your magical thoughts and practices here!

A good, satisfying shit is worth its weight in gold!

by Anonymousreply 169April 1, 2020 10:37 AM

You have to believe we are magic

And nothing can stand in our way

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170April 4, 2020 12:53 AM

R163, that’s how I used my tarot, how I was taught. They don’t “tell the future”. They’re a tool for reflection and a way to see a situation in a different way. They might jog loose a memory or help you apply a perspective.

by Anonymousreply 171April 4, 2020 1:26 AM

Whenever I see a person of color, I rub their head for luck.

by Anonymousreply 172April 4, 2020 1:46 AM

OP, I recently commented, on a recent earthquake thread, that I've been thinking of Mothra lately.. Obviously, it's very silly of me. But Mothra originated in 1961, which is also when I was born. Mothra is always the goddess, protecting us all, when she's asked. She also represents Japan's destruction f the environment. We've seen a lot of positive steps lately. This past Spring has been a difficult one (I'm in Tornado Alley). It's scary to find yourself cowering in the basement with no electricity. Mothra just allows me to focus, and that cuts the tension.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173April 4, 2020 2:12 AM

Okay, this may sound weird. I think I might have a guardian angel who looks out for me. For example, in the last couple of vacations, I've had safe visits (Seattle, New Orleans, Israel). Then, the day after I leave these places, hell breaks loose (Coronavirus, 12 person shooting on Broad Street in N.O., and stabbings of Israeli officers in Old Jerusalem). Or am I the harbinger of death?

Not only that, I've had a car crash (my car was totaled, but I was unscratched). I also spun out on top of a mountain and lived!

by Anonymousreply 174April 4, 2020 2:24 AM

Abra abra cadabra!

I’m gonna reach out and grab ya!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175April 23, 2020 2:50 AM

WITCHIEPOO THREAD

Thoughts?

by Anonymousreply 176April 23, 2020 2:52 AM

Has anyone been dabbling in the dark arts since quarantine began? It’s a good time to be a little eccentric since no one is around...

by Anonymousreply 177May 8, 2020 5:36 PM

I did some hoodoo bowl of beans asking for a job at the "perfect" place. Few months later...I got the job.

Worst place ever! They ask me to leave! OK... Look at that bowl yesterday and remember that it was for this job. Think I need to get rid of this juju. Later that day, the bowl of beans is knocked over on the floor. I threw it all in running water this afternoon.

by Anonymousreply 178May 8, 2020 5:47 PM

R178 I think the beans got to your brain because I cannot follow what you wrote.

by Anonymousreply 179May 8, 2020 5:52 PM

Decide I need to get this out of the house. Later, the bowl has toppled and are all over the floor. I have no idea how!

by Anonymousreply 180May 8, 2020 5:54 PM

There was a thread where a self professed witch suggested writing the name of someone you wanted out of your life on a piece of paper and then circle it repeatedly while chanting something, (I can't remember what) and then tear up the paper into small pieces and scatter it as far away from you as you possible can.

I was being harassed by a neighbor for years and did this, scattering the scraps about 20 kms from my home. Within a few months they were evicted and out of my life.

by Anonymousreply 181May 8, 2020 5:56 PM

We did do the St. Joseph thing to sell my mom's run down house in a no longer desirable neighborhood. Sold in less than a month for the asking price!

by Anonymousreply 182May 8, 2020 6:02 PM

R181 I did a binding spell straight out of “The Craft” on someone I worked with for a decade. She was a monster. I bound her from doing harm to anyone, including herself, wound her up in twine and put her in the freezer for a while, before sending her away via the garbage shoot.

She was finally fired but it took a couple of years. It was cathartic to go through that process, anyway. I think it actually did allow me to focus on distancing myself from her without letting hatred for her eat me from within. I just wanted her to buzz off.

by Anonymousreply 183May 8, 2020 6:03 PM

Closed and check in hand.

by Anonymousreply 184May 8, 2020 6:03 PM

R182 OMG! That’s so funny. The townhouse I grew up in was on the market for close to a year and my parents were so distraught over it. We had a nativity set with a decapitated Joseph (I think our dog knocked him off the table and his head snapped off when he hit the floor.) and my dad buried it, headless, in the front yard. And we got an offer on the house within 48 hours. I swear to God.

by Anonymousreply 185May 8, 2020 6:05 PM

Sprinkling salt over your thresholds and carpets then vacuuming it up is a great and very easy protection ward.

Also spraying a sage/herbal cologne or room spray around instead of smudging. Less stinky and less of a choking hazard.

Playing loud lovecore/hardcore/punk music drives out negative energy. If you want to magically feel more optimistic, then put on some soul music and shuffle to it. Music is one of the most powerful forces in our Universe, imo.

by Anonymousreply 186May 13, 2021 10:54 AM

R183 would you mind sharing the full process of that spell?

Currently I am binding someone (an elderly relative playing abusive mind games with me) with a very simple freezer spell—her full name and place/date of birth in marker on a slip of paper, inserted into a cut lemon, then wrapped in tin foil and frozen hard at the bottom of the icebox.

It’s working to keep her quiet and emotionally neutral/distant from me, but as we live in the same place and I have to help her with quite a lot, it’s obviously not doing much else to protect me or repel her. She still gives me evil eye, roots through my belongings, steals my food, gives subtle critical putdowns to me and my family, and uses manipulative guilt-tripping and emotional blackmail to get people (including me) to serve her.

As an ideal spell outcome, I want to drive her away permanently, preferably to emigrate and live with family overseas or to willingly enter an assisted living community (she is pushing 90, though still mostly lucid and mobile). Failing that, I could use some spells and wards that enable me to find meaningful work that pays me enough to move far away from her and my hometown. Any tips on what else I could do magically to boost my efforts?

by Anonymousreply 187May 13, 2021 11:25 AM

I’ve been reading up on Wicca and spells (with a positive focus/light magic, but damn creating an altar isn’t cheap! Buying a cloth, athame, broom, mortar and pestle, dark bowl, herbs, candles, and crystals can easily run into the range of hundreds of dollars!

by Anonymousreply 188May 13, 2021 4:24 PM

Also, A few magic/energy manifestations: -several years ago, had a terrible experience with a supervisor who was mean. Did a cleansing ritual with a glass bowl with salt and alcohol and lit the alcohol on fire to burn away bad energy about the experience. The moment I talked about letting go —of anger— the word anger specifically, the thick glass bowl straight up cracked and broke. -wrote myself a check and said “this is the amount I need to make to support my family.” Focused on getting a job that would financially sustain me. 24 hours later, got an email from an acquaintance that was basically an offer to teach and it was a job with benefits (didn’t pay the amount I wrote down, but with benefits and money from my side practice, got close). It only lasted two years because it was temporary, though, then I took a huge pay hit and have Ben trying to find a sustainable job since.

by Anonymousreply 189May 13, 2021 4:29 PM

Garbage chute, R183.

by Anonymousreply 190May 13, 2021 4:37 PM

This is probably a typical one. My panic and anxiety is basically what keeps the plane Im in flying. I know the second I relax the plane is going to go into a nosedive and crash

by Anonymousreply 191May 13, 2021 4:55 PM

r188 Do a money spell to get the $$ to gradually build your altar.

by Anonymousreply 192August 22, 2021 4:35 AM

I believe in none of this nonsense.

I find it charming and interesting. I enjoy learning about it, enjoy listening to the point of view of others, etc., just like I keep up with conspiracy theories, in order to understand what’s going on out there, but I’m not a believer.

by Anonymousreply 193August 22, 2021 4:41 AM

I’ve had a lot of freezing spells work for me. It’s eerie how quick the people disappear from my life after I do it.

by Anonymousreply 194August 22, 2021 4:48 AM

Considering how totalitarians and oligarchs have totally perverted the word science for their own evil ends, you might as well believe in magic at this point.

by Anonymousreply 195August 22, 2021 4:54 AM

Our perception of reality is based on vibrational frequencies, and we are receivers who can receive and translate some of them with our senses.

Each individual has the power to choose which frequencies matter to him. Nobody can force you to receive and translate so-called negative energies. People may give you the advice or push to do it, but it's you who has to do the actual work by deliberately choosing to receive and translate these energies. Manipulation is all about making someone feel like he has no power, choice, or say in that matter, but we always have.

It's like with how to deal with trolls. You can give them the power to annoy you and annoy you further by engaging (and that is a deliberate choice made by you), or you can just brush them off since they don't matter to whatever you want to experience at that present moment (also a deliberate choice made by you).

by Anonymousreply 196August 22, 2021 9:37 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!