Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Who’s Hotter?

Who do you think is hotter?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28September 1, 2019 4:14 PM

I hope you meant " Hottest," since there are more than two contestants.

by Anonymousreply 1August 30, 2019 4:46 AM

Yes, R1, there were some late entries.

by Anonymousreply 2August 30, 2019 4:59 AM

No love for France? To arms, Citizens!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3August 30, 2019 11:59 AM

Here’s George III where he looks a lot like Prince William, n’est pas? Followed by a young and sexy Napoleon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 30, 2019 12:29 PM

To be honest, I have to vote for Nappy. I don’t care that he lost his empire. He was brilliant. He was one of the youngest generals, and he conquered Europe. He was just too ambitious,

by Anonymousreply 5August 30, 2019 6:07 PM

Vivian Vance gets my vote

by Anonymousreply 6August 30, 2019 6:13 PM

R6, I struggled about putting her on the poll or not.

by Anonymousreply 7August 30, 2019 6:20 PM

Sorry, I made a mistake. I misread "Ludwig I" as "Ludwig II", who was definitely the hotter. So take one vote away from Ludwig I!

Here's Ludwig II, to jog your memory (and he was over 6 feet tall and very gay!):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8August 30, 2019 7:08 PM

I think Bullwinkle is hot.

He gets my antlers all tingly.

by Anonymousreply 9August 30, 2019 7:20 PM

That’s a nice sash, R8!

by Anonymousreply 10August 30, 2019 9:41 PM

Wow! The Marseillaise dragged Napoleon to the front for the day, but Christmas Moose has pulled back ahead! Go, Moosie!

R8, Ludwig II is very nice, but he’s still only got one write-in so far. But he does have a nice sash, I agree with Moosie about that.

by Anonymousreply 11August 30, 2019 11:24 PM

I nominate King Gustavus III of Sweden who was gay. Sadly, he was assassinated . Verdi wrote the opera Un Ballo in Maschera about him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 30, 2019 11:49 PM

That’s a good one, R12. He’s of the right era, too. All the other choices, y’all might have noticed, date from the late 1700s to early 1800s, except Christmas Moose who is timeless. The era was originally chosen to suit Napoleon and George III just because I was curious who was hotter.

by Anonymousreply 13August 31, 2019 12:30 AM

So George III had his twink stage.

by Anonymousreply 14August 31, 2019 12:32 AM

I think George actually looks younger in the OP, 20ish; and maybe 30ish in the second photo. He’s wearing the same clothes, so maybe it’s just the angle and they were done at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 15August 31, 2019 12:41 AM

No love for hot daddy Carlos IV?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16August 31, 2019 12:46 AM

To my non-French ears, La Marseillaise in R3 sounds like old Soviet propaganda. But it is a great anthem.

Vive La France! Vive la Révolution!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17August 31, 2019 12:52 AM

Here’s Prussian-born American General Baron Von Steuben. He was probably not a Baron, but he was a Gay guy who came to America to serve under Washington in the Revolutionary War. He is credited with training the Continental Army and making it a fighting force.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18August 31, 2019 1:02 AM

Do the subjects of desire have to come from the 1800s? I will go with Miguel I of Portugal then. He married at the tender age of 48. I suppose he was too busy to date.

I don't know it for a fact but judging from the picture he was a hot power bottom on Truvada.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19August 31, 2019 1:04 AM

It's Wilheim. Total mean daddy.

by Anonymousreply 20August 31, 2019 1:11 AM

[quote] R19: Do the subjects of desire have to come from the 1800s?

No, but let’s keep it to about 1750 to 1850. I thought it would be fun if they were all contemporaries.

by Anonymousreply 21August 31, 2019 1:14 AM

George III comes with Royal Albert Hall.

Rule, Britannia!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22August 31, 2019 4:53 AM

Since Groffsauce played him I’ll go with King George III. True story, when the movie The Madness of King George came out they purposely left off the III as they were afraid everyone would think it was the third movie in a franchise and no one would go see it thinking they had missed parts one and two. And this was long before sequel hysteria.

“Cuz you’re my favorite subject!”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23August 31, 2019 5:43 AM

Amazing that George III and country let the colonies go. It’s an accomplishment to be able to lose gracefully. Many people are sore winners, I can’t imagine them as sore losers.

by Anonymousreply 24August 31, 2019 2:14 PM

I think Napoleon is sometimes good looking in portraits, but I definitely get the sense that those portraits are flattering and he was a lot shorter/pudgier IRL.

by Anonymousreply 25August 31, 2019 2:21 PM

Check out this for a young Napoleon on page two of the link. Hot 🔥 🥵!

He was incredibly accomplished. Made General before age 30. He understood the changing military tactics for gunpowder. He just overreached. I’d rank him with Alexander the Great, who also overreached.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26August 31, 2019 2:28 PM

The portrait in R26 is where George III looks so much like Prince Will. Yes? No?

by Anonymousreply 27August 31, 2019 2:29 PM

Voting ends on Labor Day Monday. Christmas Moose is edging out Napoleon, at this point. We had to block the Durrell creatures from Guernsey Zoo from stuffing the ballot box, but we’re all good now.

Let your voice be heard!

by Anonymousreply 28September 1, 2019 4:14 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!