Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is Anna Torv gay?

The gorgeous Anna Torv starred in Fringe and Secret City and is currently playing a lesbian in the show Mindhunters. She pings like hell for me and plays a lot of lesbian roles. She always has amazing chemistry with women on screen. She was very briefly married to one of her male Fringe costars years ago but nothing since then about any boyfriends. Doesn't seem to talk about her personal life. And, did I mention the pinging...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34September 2, 2019 7:10 AM

Anna Torv’s uncle is (well he was while he was married to her aunt) Rupert Murdoch.

by Anonymousreply 1August 27, 2019 6:11 AM

Yeah, R1, I think she's estranged from that side of her family and has been for most of her life. Now, back to the pinging.

This is the most lesbian anyone can look, dress, or move without actually laying on top another woman...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2August 27, 2019 6:26 AM

Oh, and the guy she was married to, Mark Valley, supposedly has a lot of gay rumors about him out there too.

Here's Anna in intellectual lesbian summer garb. The reason "guys don't make passes at girls who wear glasses" is because all the lesbians got there first. Damn, she's hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3August 27, 2019 6:40 AM

What sayeth the L chat? However, they usually can't be bothered with the ladies over 30.

I always found her attractive on Fringe.

by Anonymousreply 4August 27, 2019 7:50 AM

I wish she was a lesbian but she strikes me as one of those women who really seems like she is one, but turns out to have dull / unattractive bfs and husbands. An Australian Natasha Lyonne in that sense.

by Anonymousreply 5August 27, 2019 7:59 AM

But, R5, there are literally zero stories about her dating any men. She strangely and kind of secretly married her costar and that ended in less than a year while she was still on the show and then there's been nothing. She really just pings like hell. I wonder if she's not more talked about as being gay because she's so beautiful and pretty feminine and those stereotypes are still pretty strong when it comes to lesbians.

As far as LChat, she's got a 114 page thread, so...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6August 28, 2019 12:51 AM

I love her on Mindhunter.

by Anonymousreply 7August 28, 2019 12:53 AM

Asexual.

by Anonymousreply 8August 28, 2019 12:54 AM

[quote]Oh, and the guy she was married to, Mark Valley

Is Wikipedia correct? Did she really divorce him after a year of marriage?!

by Anonymousreply 9August 28, 2019 12:57 AM

Yeah. A year at the most. And, it takes some time to divorce, so they were probably actually married as a couple for more like 6-8 months.

R7, she's amazing on Mindhunter. I hope they make season three more about her. After I finish Mindhunter, I'm going to watch Secret City. It's on Netflix and the clips I've seen so far have her being another badass like on Fringe and, of course, having amazing chemistry with her female costars.

by Anonymousreply 10August 28, 2019 1:20 AM

If she’s not she should be.

by Anonymousreply 11August 28, 2019 1:21 AM

Secret City is great. And she's really good in it.

by Anonymousreply 12August 28, 2019 1:40 AM

She was supposed to play a lesbian in a lead role on a Ryan Murphy show called Open until the show was kiboshed. She plays a whole lot of lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 13August 28, 2019 1:52 AM

I would totally watch a show called A Whole Lot of Lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 14August 28, 2019 1:55 AM

Isn't that basically the original L Word, R14? (Not the new one which, I assume, with be 'queerified' beyond all recognition as a show about lesbians.)

I think all posts on this thread should include a picture of Anna looking hot, so...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 28, 2019 4:58 AM

Lesbian "dress", R2? She's wearing a T-shirt!

I've watched Anna's rise all the way back from NIDA (where she was outstanding in the lead in Plenty), but although I used to see her hanging about the lobby there like all the other students, I saw no clues one way or the other to assist this thread. She was always lovely to anyone who wanted to talk to her, though, and not at all big-headed even though she was plainly the star of her class.

by Anonymousreply 16August 28, 2019 6:25 AM

Glad to hear she's also so nice.

And, yes, even though that's just a t-shirt, she wears it "lesbian"! That whole gif screams lesbian to me. The way she's wearing the t-shirt, with the pants, with the hands in the pockets, with the head move. Yep, lesbian t-shirt wearing. It's part of the pinging.

by Anonymousreply 17August 28, 2019 7:07 AM

OP your rationale for thinking that Anna Tory is a dyke is because she’s hot? Are you sure that you’re not a gay man in a lesbian’s body?

by Anonymousreply 18August 28, 2019 7:24 AM

Total dyke, Total hot dyke

by Anonymousreply 19August 28, 2019 7:54 AM

I love her voice and what she put in her character in MINDHUNTER. Such a fine actress, couldn't care less even if she were a pansexual.

by Anonymousreply 20August 28, 2019 8:06 AM

R18, it's not because she's hot. She pings to an insane degree. The things like the way she dresses, how she moves, her voice, her onscreen chemistry with women, and almost complete lack of men in her life just confirm the original ping.

by Anonymousreply 21August 28, 2019 10:50 PM

Katie McGrath is similiar to Anne Torv, in acting, fashion, chemistry with costars, and pinging, etc. I don't think she's gay though.

I mean, it would be cool if they both were, but they just might be lowkey and like their privacy.

by Anonymousreply 22August 28, 2019 11:28 PM

I like Katie McGrath, too. For those who don't know, she's Lena Luthor on Supergirl.

Agree with you R22. That would make McGrath the exception that proves the rule. She has all the similarities yet doesn't ping at all to me whereas Torv pings off the charts. Pinging is hard to explain. It's all intuition based. Then, you use other factors to prove the ping. That's where I'm at with Torv at this point. She pings all over the place and there are a lot of outside indicators that prove the ping.

Kristen Stewart was the same way. Even in the middle of the Pattinson thing there were a lot of us who were like, "Why is that lesbian dating that guy?" She just pinged. Ellen Page, too. I think we all knew Jodie Foster was a lesbian since she was practically an infant. We gays and lesbians know of what we speak when it comes to other gays and lesbians. Weren't there people who said, "Duh." when you came out when you thought you were hiding it so well. Think about hiding that but having everything you do on film and in pictures on the internet for people to analyze over and over. It's really hard to hide the ping.

by Anonymousreply 23August 29, 2019 1:08 AM

This looks like the future remake of Carol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24August 29, 2019 2:19 AM

Well, what's up here? Hm.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25August 30, 2019 5:47 AM

If you’re going to be married less that a year there should be an easy out like no fault annulment or like the lemon law for cars.

by Anonymousreply 26August 30, 2019 6:07 AM

I think there is, R26, at least in some states. As long as there are no children and no one is asking for support or contesting any kind of property, etc., I think it's basically signing some paperwork.

by Anonymousreply 27August 30, 2019 6:09 AM

She's kissing that woman in the pic in R25, right? I mean, what else would they be doing that close in the water, checking for new freckles?

by Anonymousreply 28August 30, 2019 6:22 AM

I assume everyone is gay unless they say otherwise. Worked for straight people forever. Makes life more interesting, too.

by Anonymousreply 29August 31, 2019 12:25 AM

Her hands are pretty lesbian if you go by that "lesbians have a longer ring finger than index finger" thing. Yep. That makes it definitive, I'd say.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30August 31, 2019 7:59 PM

Those Aussies really do love the outdoors, don't they?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31September 2, 2019 4:46 AM

Her husband Mark Valley is hot as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 32September 2, 2019 4:52 AM

Her ex-husband (they were married less than a year) seems to be pretty gay, too.

by Anonymousreply 33September 2, 2019 5:15 AM

Watching Secret City. She walks like a lesbian, even in heels. Plus, even though she's over 40, she's not getting plastic surgery or botox like her fellow actresses in that age group. Another sign as far as I'm concerned. Plus, there is literally nothing about her private life anywhere. She's keeping it quiet for a reason beyond just being a private person.

by Anonymousreply 34September 2, 2019 7:10 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!