Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg's Funeral

She's probably been dead for a long time now and so it's time to start planning her funeral for the official burial. She should have retired back when Obama was president after her first cancer so they could have a younger liberal judge in place but her ego got in the way. I fondly remember the agitprop pics of her running on her treadmill used to assuage our fears.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14August 27, 2019 12:23 AM

[quote]She's probably been dead for a long time now

Q-anon freak alert! This is a real thing in those demented circles, that RBG has been dead for a while and it is all part of the big CONSPIRACY!!1111!

by Anonymousreply 1August 26, 2019 11:26 PM

Yeah, all these people at the University of Buffalo are part of the conspiracy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2August 26, 2019 11:30 PM

I have wondered why, really committed Democrats seem to love her, when it was clear she should have retired back during the Obama administration to ensure that she was replaced by another liberal. It wasn't like there was any possibility of her becoming Chief Justice. Sure she was certain that Clinton was going to win, but in politics you can't be certain about anything.

by Anonymousreply 3August 26, 2019 11:32 PM

This thread is PRECISELY why we need the ability to slap people through the internet.

by Anonymousreply 4August 26, 2019 11:33 PM

RBG has said she was given a lifetime appointment to The Court. Therefore, if she physically able to do the job she will stay. Very honorable and reinforces her view that no matter what her personal beliefs she understands the Rule of Law. [Sorry: RBG bashing "triggers" me]

by Anonymousreply 5August 26, 2019 11:35 PM

Op= Poo Shoes. Also, there’s a dedicated Pizzagate thread. Just post in there

by Anonymousreply 6August 26, 2019 11:37 PM

Still waiting for Ruth to be Mrs. Norman Bates in the remake of "Psycho." She has the costume.

by Anonymousreply 7August 26, 2019 11:39 PM

We need to show respect.

by Anonymousreply 8August 26, 2019 11:41 PM

[quote]Also, there’s a dedicated Pizzagate thread.

Do they deliver?

by Anonymousreply 9August 26, 2019 11:41 PM

I used to think she should have quit when Obama was president. I realize now it probably would not have made a difference because McConnell would have blocked any appointment to the bench during Obama's Presidency.

by Anonymousreply 10August 26, 2019 11:43 PM

Can we swap her out with a heathier look alike> Like Avril Lavigne?

by Anonymousreply 11August 26, 2019 11:48 PM

The Dems didn't lose the Senate til the 2014 election r10. There was a lot of time.

by Anonymousreply 12August 26, 2019 11:55 PM

[quote] The Dems didn't lose the Senate til the 2014 election [R10]. There was a lot of time.

No, any candidate would have been filibustered. Democrats had a filibuster-proof majority only briefly.

by Anonymousreply 13August 27, 2019 12:08 AM

God rest her soul.

by Anonymousreply 14August 27, 2019 12:23 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!