Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Letterkenny

Anyone a fan of this Canadian show now available on Hulu? I just binged all six seasons. Really good. Jared Keeso is amazing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85August 29, 2020 8:08 PM

All I remember is there is some episode where they see some hipster guy waiting for something, make fun of him by naming every stereotypically gay thing they can think of and then say "oh" when he ends up having a girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 1August 26, 2019 5:13 PM

I made it through 2 seasons until I realized that they repeat the same jokes and rely on catch phrases for laughs.

by Anonymousreply 2August 26, 2019 5:14 PM

Jared Keeso isn't ugly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3August 26, 2019 5:21 PM

Yeah, the red head lead is super hot! This is canadian rural redneck-ish inside jokes. The slang was lost on me. As an american, I didn't appreciate the humor, but there was a couple things that were funny.

But the red head? woof!

by Anonymousreply 4August 26, 2019 5:46 PM

Super hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5August 26, 2019 6:07 PM

So weird that the show is named after my town in Ireland. How did that happen?

by Anonymousreply 6August 26, 2019 7:22 PM

Most of those guys are choke-me-daddy hot.

by Anonymousreply 7August 26, 2019 7:25 PM

I wanna be the meat in a Wayne/McMurray sammich.

by Anonymousreply 8August 26, 2019 8:16 PM

I doubt its worth the time investment as a series but they all look delicious.

by Anonymousreply 9August 26, 2019 8:21 PM

It's a crap show that has a cult following for some reason.

As a Canadian I give all Canadian shows a chance, but this felt like a really bad improv sketch that has gone on far too long.

by Anonymousreply 10August 26, 2019 8:34 PM

it is hysterical!

by Anonymousreply 11August 26, 2019 8:36 PM

It's funny -- really funny if you're high -- but it's rather pointless

by Anonymousreply 12August 26, 2019 9:28 PM

I actually love the show. Well written and fast paced.

Keeso's first big role was as a gay teenager in one of the Don Strachey Mysteries movies. And he & several people who went on to Letterkenny were in a police procedural drama called 19-2. He showed lots of skin in that one.

by Anonymousreply 13August 26, 2019 10:00 PM

It's a Canadian show that doesn't want to be a Canadian show.

by Anonymousreply 14August 27, 2019 11:16 AM

I've only seen clips, and they've all been entertaining, but I haven't had the urge to sit down and actually watch the show. It's beloved on Reddit to the annoying extent where people don't discuss the show... they just quote it incessantly, and I'm not really into that.

That being said, Jared Keeso's truly attractive, and I respect that he created a show that's taken off the way that it has. I hadn't seen that pic of him at R3 and I'm very thankful for it. Those hard buns are beautiful!

by Anonymousreply 15August 27, 2019 5:16 PM

If you've seen the clips, you've seen the show. There is no story, it's just a bunch of catch phrases and references to Canadian stuff repeated over and over for 30 mins.

by Anonymousreply 16August 27, 2019 5:19 PM

Ferda!

by Anonymousreply 17August 27, 2019 5:24 PM

“We’re gay guys at the gym, we’re always rockin semis”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18September 30, 2019 4:25 PM

R6 I thought it was a show set in Ireland too, at first.

by Anonymousreply 19September 30, 2019 4:28 PM

So it's mildly homophobic too. Fucking great. Hopefully it doesn't catch on so I don't have to accidentally listen to it and get annoyed.

by Anonymousreply 20September 30, 2019 4:47 PM

Letterkenny caught on quite a long time ago for some people.

The clips of the gay guys "chirping" at them from a few episodes, eventually becoming their friends, have been recirculated by gays over and over again on Twitter.

As have the various images of the butts of the leads.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21September 30, 2019 5:02 PM

Seemed more anti Mennonite than homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 22October 1, 2019 1:41 AM

It's fucking hilarious.

It's what Parks & Recreation would have been if the show had been on cable and taken the super-obscene Veep route.

by Anonymousreply 23October 5, 2019 6:56 AM

R21 Whose butt is whose?

by Anonymousreply 24October 5, 2019 7:05 AM

Canadians, please clarify:

Is "chirping" cat-calling, shit-talking or both?

What makes a chirp a chirp?

by Anonymousreply 25October 5, 2019 7:11 AM

It should be called LetterCUNNY

by Anonymousreply 26October 5, 2019 7:20 AM

The butt in the center at R21 belongs to Jared Keeso, the writer/creator/star.

He's hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27October 5, 2019 5:08 PM

It's not funny when only being gay is the punchline. I'm just judging from one sketch.

I think this Jared Keeso thinks everything he's doing must be great because he's hot.

by Anonymousreply 28October 5, 2019 5:27 PM

I'll pass on Keeso and his Canadian stank sleeve

by Anonymousreply 29October 5, 2019 5:32 PM

I'm sure he'll be devastated to hear that, R29.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30October 5, 2019 5:35 PM

These guys are homophobic douchebags.

The jokes on gays for being gay. It's just old-fashioned gay-bashing.

by Anonymousreply 31October 5, 2019 5:41 PM

The show does make fun of everybody including the Canadian redneck leading characters thinking they are so much smarter than everybody else they encounter.

by Anonymousreply 32October 5, 2019 5:51 PM

There was a very satisfying episode in which they kicked the asses of an alt-right group that came to town.

"We didn't come to counterprotest. Ain't nuttin' peaceful gonna happen today."

"We don't practice violence."

"We do."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33October 5, 2019 5:58 PM

"Chirping" is shit-talking, usually in the context of hockey playing.

by Anonymousreply 34October 7, 2019 1:18 PM

I just realized this show’s DNA comes from It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia with its 3 males and one sister leads, the drinking, eccentric friends and wacky “the gang” scenarios. There’s just no Frank equivalent, which begs the question where are the sibling’s parents?

by Anonymousreply 35October 7, 2019 9:53 PM

R35, It's been alluded to that the parents are dead and left the farm to their two children.

by Anonymousreply 36October 7, 2019 10:40 PM

A guy I work with described this show as Trailer Park Boys but "way more funnier".

I should have pushed him under a truck and ended his sad miserable existence.

by Anonymousreply 37October 7, 2019 11:14 PM

It's very Canadian thanks to the slang it uses. People who love Canada will get a kick out of it, because of that Canadian specific lingo.

by Anonymousreply 38October 7, 2019 11:22 PM

Honestly R38 I don't know any Canadian(including me) who talk like these characters.

by Anonymousreply 39October 7, 2019 11:27 PM

r39, but isn't that the charm of pretty much every fictional show? That it's not real-real?

by Anonymousreply 40October 7, 2019 11:38 PM

I dunno, but Jared Keeso could rape-rape me any day.

by Anonymousreply 41October 8, 2019 1:53 AM

He inspires dirty thoughts in me too R41.

by Anonymousreply 42October 8, 2019 2:46 AM

A great Canadian show....but Schitts creek is far better

by Anonymousreply 43October 8, 2019 3:12 AM

sexy sluts, all of them

by Anonymousreply 44October 8, 2019 3:23 AM

R44 Even the girls! The gay gym boys are still my favorite though.

by Anonymousreply 45October 8, 2019 3:27 AM

I've never laughed out loud at Schitt's Creek. It's really a vehicle for Catherine O'Hara's brilliance. But it's very underwritten.

The writing on Letterkenny is far more clever, surprising and LOL-worthy.

by Anonymousreply 46October 8, 2019 4:20 AM

The gay hockey boys are hot.

by Anonymousreply 47October 8, 2019 2:50 PM

I want to fuck them up the ass.

by Anonymousreply 48October 8, 2019 3:15 PM

me too, I'll get in line

by Anonymousreply 49October 8, 2019 4:42 PM

A Canadian show? Ahhh no thanks.

by Anonymousreply 50October 8, 2019 5:06 PM

Don't know if I'd watch a full episode, but the short clips of the show are pretty amusing. The hockey players are cute, as are the gay guys at the gym. The lead character's best friend also has a surprisingly good body.

I like that Jared Keeso figured out a way to show off his body (especially that ass!) through his 'Shoresy' character.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51October 8, 2019 5:47 PM

No condoms bro, no homo.

by Anonymousreply 52October 8, 2019 8:13 PM

It’s one of the stupidest most boring shows in creation. I lasted through half an episode it was so dull.

No more shows about rural folk. They’re stupid and i have had sufficient.

by Anonymousreply 53October 8, 2019 8:56 PM

A Canadian show that is more concerned about being popular with American audiences than being entertaining. Most of the Canadians I know either don't know the show or have watched it and don't like it.

by Anonymousreply 54October 9, 2019 6:31 PM

R54 Crave Network, which is Canadian only, says their audience grows every single time Letterkenny releases a new season. But yeah, you keep saying Canadians don't watch it.

by Anonymousreply 55October 9, 2019 7:08 PM

Grows from what R55? Ten viewers to twelve?

by Anonymousreply 56October 9, 2019 8:10 PM

Watching the latest season, and I've got to say it's a bit weaker than previous seasons.

by Anonymousreply 57October 12, 2019 2:58 PM

No, but I'm a fan of Sleater-Kinney.

by Anonymousreply 58October 12, 2019 3:01 PM

No chatter about the new season? Keeso is in fine a form as ever, he just seems to be emitting testosterone through the TV screen and if I had ovaries they’d be exploding.

by Anonymousreply 59January 1, 2020 7:12 AM

I binged the new season. Didn't think it was as funny as previous ones.

Keeso is as hot as ever, though. He has my favorite male body type.

by Anonymousreply 60January 1, 2020 5:47 PM

I think the show peaked and has taken a wrong turn in the last two seasons (since Hulu picked it up).

The season 5 episodes about the far-right guy coming to town, the spelling bee and the gay wedding were as brilliant as any of the best episodes of The Office, Parks and Rec or 30 Rock. Inspired weirdness and social commentary with some poetic vulgarity sprinkled in.

The last two seasons have been about 90% cheap sex jokes. The McMurrays are funny in small doses, but the OTT horny bartender Gail played by that terrible actress is not, and they built a whole episode around the Dyck family and incessantly stupid sexual double entendre that could have been written by an eighth-grader. Not to mention the multiple scenes in which the hockey players are loudly shitting.

The flaming gay priest is also terrible, and the best episodes of the series are the ones where he and Gail don't show up. Interesting, because the guy who plays the gay priest (Jacob Tierney) is the co-creator of the show and the director.

by Anonymousreply 61January 2, 2020 12:35 AM

I thought the Mennonite episode was hilarious. And yes, Jared Keeso looks amazing. He realizes he has an amazing ass.

by Anonymousreply 62January 2, 2020 1:22 AM

R46 is a fine example of the worthless "opinions" we see here. Liking this show is fine, I guess. But insisting on comparing it to "Schitt's Creek" because it, too, is Canadian and then announcing, against all evidence, that the latter is "underwritten" is absurd.

Pretension to intelligence is bad enough, but setting the offense as a criticism is what the truly clueless do.

Me am smart and what me say MUST mean me smart bee-cuz me says it.

Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 63January 2, 2020 1:35 AM

R63 = Dan Levy, three drinks into the evening.

Should've had your dad and producers rewrite your post, like your scripts.

by Anonymousreply 64January 2, 2020 1:54 AM

I love Jared Kesso, he looks like he gives the best hugs.

by Anonymousreply 65January 18, 2020 4:19 AM

At first I was annoyed by the gay jokes and then I realized that they're probably more so making fun of Canadian hick culture with that than they are gays. I don't peg Jared Kesso or any of the rest of the lot as homophobes. Regardless, it is weirdly reminiscent of It's Always Sunny but that might just be the sitcom angle.

by Anonymousreply 66January 18, 2020 4:32 AM

Hulu also has a weird animated series called Littlekenny where they are like in 2nd grade in short segments like early Simpsons on Tracey Ullman.

by Anonymousreply 67January 18, 2020 4:33 AM

Kesso is exactly my type. I want him to rip me in half.

by Anonymousreply 68January 21, 2020 2:11 AM

I wouldn't mind being in the middle of a Darryl and Wayne sandwich.

by Anonymousreply 69January 21, 2020 3:10 AM

I want to be bred by Jared Keeso. Fill me with your baby batter, Jared!

by Anonymousreply 70January 21, 2020 7:46 PM

I like how they make fun of the closeted hypocritical pastor types in the church.

by Anonymousreply 71January 21, 2020 9:00 PM

I loved the gay wedding episode, and I like that they aren't portraying gay men in a stereotypical way. It was nice to see them show straight dudes and gay dudes getting along and being friends without any sexual feelings implied. I'm impressed that a show made by straight guys showed gay guys in such a normal light.

by Anonymousreply 72January 23, 2020 2:49 AM

There's too many poop and fart jokes for me to spend the whole episode laughing, but some of the puns and wordplay are clever and funny. The weirdest part of the show to me is the music. I didn't expect these dudes to have such great taste in music. A lot of the songs included over scenes like the big fights are really great selections.

by Anonymousreply 73January 24, 2020 3:08 PM

Who's the little furry guy on the left in OP's pic?

by Anonymousreply 74January 24, 2020 3:15 PM

R74 Evan Stern. He plays Roald (as in Dahl), the gay skid and Stewart's right-hand man.

by Anonymousreply 75January 24, 2020 3:17 PM

R75 In the Valentine’s Day speed dating episode he went home for a threeway with the two gay gym boys, who earlier had declared their love of otters.

by Anonymousreply 76January 24, 2020 3:19 PM

addicted. hot smokin young daddys who are ready to shoot loads down gayboys throats with glee and cussin.

YEA

by Anonymousreply 77January 24, 2020 3:21 PM

The gay guy with brown hair (the one in the duo with the blonde guy) is the hottest guy on the show. Anybody know his name?

by Anonymousreply 78January 25, 2020 12:12 AM

Season 8 is out now. Anybody watching?

by Anonymousreply 79January 27, 2020 3:02 AM

McMurray is surprisingly attractive without the mullet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80January 27, 2020 3:04 AM

The guy that plays Daxy (the cute short brunette half of the gay gym duo) is tragically straight in real life. What a shame.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81January 27, 2020 3:31 AM

R66 One of Keeso's first big roles was playing a gay dude who gets killed trying to expose a gay conversion therapist. It's called Shock to the System.

by Anonymousreply 82January 27, 2020 3:33 AM

I just discovered this show. Other than the bartender and the minister, I think it's brilliant. The deadpan, guy-guys' humor is hilarious. It's like if Napoleon Dynamite had a baby with Fargo and moved to Canada to play hockey.

by Anonymousreply 83June 9, 2020 7:54 PM

Does anyone else think Stewart looks like a young Tom Cruise?

by Anonymousreply 84June 17, 2020 10:51 PM

talk about gaslighting. Hillbillies from small town Canada being ANTI-Nazi? They ARE the Nazis. They are some of the most racist, jingoistic, inbred losers to ever breathe oxygen. Fucking Gavin MacInnes IS Canadian.

Goddammit I hate it when Canadians pretend they aren't racist.

by Anonymousreply 85August 29, 2020 8:08 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!