Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Treasons He's Your Chosen One (The Mueller Investigation Part 115)

Continued Discussion

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600September 9, 2019 11:54 PM

Link to previous thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 24, 2019 4:54 AM

Excellent title, OP

by Anonymousreply 2August 24, 2019 5:55 AM

oh boy time for the shit show in Europe. You know he's going to cause more chaos and embarrassment in the G7 meetings

by Anonymousreply 3August 24, 2019 7:25 AM

Reading about Walsh looking to challenge Trump and the Mooch turning on Trump, it reminds me of the Sansa Stark quote to Ramsey about his dogs, "They were loyal. Now they're starving."

I feel like some Republicans are gearing up to eat Trump's face off. Not all of them. But you only need one to accomplish the job.

by Anonymousreply 4August 24, 2019 9:32 AM

The sadness expressed over the passing of D. Koch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5August 24, 2019 9:38 AM

Says Koch was on the Epstein flight logs & is shown with Maxwell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6August 24, 2019 9:46 AM

I want him to be removed from office. Period. To do that we have to move McConnell out of the way. And Legitimate polls are showing that less than 50% of Americans want him impeached. So the only way to remove him is to turn out in OVERWHELMING NUMBERS and vote for the Democrats. Up and down the ticket. Governors,Secretaries of state, Attorneys General, state courts, state legislatures, and for fucks sake the U.S. Senate and the House. Right now we have to focus on voter suppression, gerrymandering, paper ballots and election fraud.

by Anonymousreply 7August 24, 2019 11:48 AM

Clever title OP! I like a lot.

by Anonymousreply 8August 24, 2019 12:43 PM

Very seldom see Donald smile. He almost looks benign, like an old grandpa glad to see his kids come to see him at the old folks home.

by Anonymousreply 9August 24, 2019 12:50 PM

I don't think Trump has ever looked benign in his life.

by Anonymousreply 10August 24, 2019 1:36 PM

he has no sense of humor unless you consider ridicule as a humorous tactic. He slings mud, smears people, ridicules them, mocks them, gives them derogatory names, and he thinks it's hilarious. For him "humor" is just another weapon in his tool kit.

by Anonymousreply 11August 24, 2019 1:40 PM

Benign ... like a toomah.

by Anonymousreply 12August 24, 2019 3:02 PM

he doesn't remind me of an old grandpa glad to see his grandkids - unless his grandkid was a 14 year old girl who looks like Ivanka.

by Anonymousreply 13August 24, 2019 3:03 PM

I bet he pees himself.

by Anonymousreply 14August 24, 2019 3:06 PM

Who will Putin instruct his puppet to offend at the G7?

by Anonymousreply 15August 24, 2019 3:08 PM

I think if Dump keeps up these antics, more people will be for his impeachment. And he can’t help himself! The worse things get, the nuttier he is. This is Nancy’s game plan—let Dump be Dump, the impeachment votes will follow. If most of the country is for impeachment, they’ll impeach.

by Anonymousreply 16August 24, 2019 3:10 PM

[quote]I bet he pees himself.

Speaking of pee, Puty probably brought pee pee girls with him to these past summits as gifts to Bone Spurs. Since Puty has been disinvited, no fresh pee pee for Bone Spurs at the elegant hotel.

He really can't expect Merkel to bring them along? And the French hosts provide classy and sophisticated material gifts, not that.

by Anonymousreply 17August 24, 2019 3:31 PM

We need a catchy nickname for Trump. One that will stick like Moscow Mitch.

by Anonymousreply 18August 24, 2019 3:46 PM

I was reading about the Pence vs. Haley tension. I wonder if JaVanka have been pushing Haley in an effort to get rid of Pence.

by Anonymousreply 19August 24, 2019 3:49 PM

Who will finally sell out Trump for 💰thirty pieces of $ilver ?

🙏 Will it be the final nail in his crucifix ?

by Anonymousreply 20August 24, 2019 4:03 PM

Are we down to G6 yet?

by Anonymousreply 21August 24, 2019 4:06 PM

I wish some kamikaze martyr pilot would ditch the plane in the Atlantic on the way home. Trump would be clawing at the cockpit, "You goddamn bastard open this door!". Trump would be the only survivor, using Melania as a flotation device. But ultimately, the sharks he fears more than anything would devour him.

Alas, the pilots are military/Republican Trump supporters. They're loyal to Der Fuhrer.

by Anonymousreply 22August 24, 2019 4:08 PM

[quote] R4: I feel like some Republicans are gearing up to eat Trump's face off. Not all of them. But you only need one to accomplish the job.

I am sure they all hate him, and are just looking for the opportunity.

That also leads to the possibility that more insiders will turn on him. One can hope!

by Anonymousreply 23August 24, 2019 4:36 PM

So Point of Privilege. When you can't post, like on the last thread, because DL doesn't recognize that you've paid and everthin, you just gotta ride it out, right? There's nothing to be done about it, but wait did DL figures it's shit out, right?

by Anonymousreply 24August 24, 2019 4:38 PM

R7 is forgetting one important detail: We have to keep Ruth Bader Ginsberg alive at all costs!!!

by Anonymousreply 25August 24, 2019 4:45 PM

I know it's a weird thought, but can you imagine being a Trump Fan? What the fuck! What the hell goes through your mind every day? Hey, that tweet was awesome! What the hell, people? What is that like?

by Anonymousreply 26August 24, 2019 5:01 PM

I'm honestly surprised Trump hasn't decided to make Ivanka his VP

I mean at this point his 40% support seems to accept anything if the economy stays afloat.

Now if we do get a recession I think he clearly drops below 35% popularity

by Anonymousreply 27August 24, 2019 5:37 PM

I don't think his base will ever turn on him. Watch them. They think he is God. It is creepy.

by Anonymousreply 28August 24, 2019 6:18 PM

[quote]And Legitimate polls are showing that less than 50% of Americans want him impeached.

But that's not actually what they are showing. A lot of people are of the "Well, if the Senate isn't going to do anything anyway, then there's no point in impeaching him." mind. That would count as a "don't impeach" in the polls when, in actuality, those answers are coming from the more political knowledgeable respondents who despise Trump the most and would happily say "Impeach the fucker." if the Democrats were in the majority in the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 29August 24, 2019 6:22 PM

He’s the Antichrist

by Anonymousreply 30August 24, 2019 6:22 PM

Some of them will, r28, but it will take a pretty bad recession. Bush Sr. was incredibly popular, but a recession destroyed all of his support. Of course, he’s not a cult like Dump.

by Anonymousreply 31August 24, 2019 6:23 PM

r18, One of the staff of Celebrity Apprentice has called him Adderall McRapey.

I like it.

Twitter: @CaslerNoel

by Anonymousreply 32August 24, 2019 7:19 PM

Washington Post:

Trump’s company could save millions if interest rates fall as he demands

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33August 24, 2019 7:26 PM

USA Today:

'It was sarcasm': President Donald Trump changes course on 'chosen one' remark

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34August 24, 2019 7:27 PM

Yes, a joke that's not funny and unprompted, rude sarcasm at an official event. Just what we all wanted. I had a friend tell me he doesn't register because he doesn't want jury duty. Screamed internally and then wondered if we'd get more voters out there if we took away that provision. Jury pools could be chosen through the DMV....avoid that now, fool.

by Anonymousreply 35August 24, 2019 8:14 PM

R35 keeps the poor from voting, they can’t afford the day off.

by Anonymousreply 36August 24, 2019 8:19 PM

[quote]Trump would be the only survivor, using Melania as a flotation device.

He would never use the entire Melania.

He would just rip out her tit implants. After all, he paid for them.

by Anonymousreply 37August 24, 2019 8:44 PM

NYT:

Analysis: One Crazy Day Showed How Political Chaos Threatens the World Economy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38August 24, 2019 8:54 PM

Why was the last thread paywalled again? The thread before it was not because many complained but it happened again on thread 114.

Keep this thread open please.

As I reported a few threads back, their is a lot of buzz in DC about people pushing for Haley. Now the rumor is for a possible removal of Dump from office. He has early stage dementia. It's clear. Pres Bone Spurs is going to wreck as much stuff as he can if he thinks he will lose or when he does lose. Buckle up!

by Anonymousreply 39August 24, 2019 9:17 PM

He most certainly has early—if not somewhat advanced dementia, and not the “gentle” kind like Reagan. I actually do believe there may be some talk about contingency plans if he goes off the deep end. Yes, I know to many of us he already may be, but we keep forgetting he has some ways to go before Republicans make a move. This will cost them 2020 and then some, but geez they need to do their duty. I see him threatening China militarily as being the demarcation line. If he does that, I think there might be an attempt to remove him. Of course, he could always claim “sarcasm”.

by Anonymousreply 40August 24, 2019 9:29 PM

I still feel like this is JaVanka vs. Pence. Can't remember where I read it, but Ivanka wants to pass legislation related to background checks - it's one of the projects she's working on. I assume Pence is in the NRA's camp. So ditching Pence for Haley is just a tool for JaVanka.

It's like one of those movies where you have the giant snake vs. the giant crocodile. Who do you root for when they're all awful?

by Anonymousreply 41August 24, 2019 9:29 PM

-FCI @ r39, Red M started paywalling most popular threads near 450-500 posts as a way to boost paying membership.

HOWEVER, if when a thread is paywalled and a NEW continuing thread is opened, Red M is not alerted until THAT thread reaches the paywall notification threshold.

The work around is opening up new continuation threads as soon as the current thread is paywalled.

I you do not know who Red M is, click the link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42August 24, 2019 9:45 PM

FCI I can definitely see a scenario where they dump Trump and Nikki and Pence run on a ticket. Guaranteed the evangelicals and hopefully some of the women. They'll go down in flames, Nikki knows this. She will live to be the nominee in 2024. By agreeing to be on the ticket as Pence's VP she will make sure to keep the loyalists in her corner for life After Trump.

by Anonymousreply 43August 24, 2019 11:14 PM

The Republicans already have a clown car of potential nominees for 2024: Pence, Haley, Kasich, Christie, Hogan, Hurd and that doesn't even include whatever Libertarian decides to run that year.

by Anonymousreply 44August 25, 2019 12:14 AM

The Hill:

Former 'Apprentice' contestant ranks Trump next to Mother Teresa on women's issues

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45August 25, 2019 1:12 AM

Washington Post:

Trump’s wild week of tax ideas continues with new promise if GOP sweeps in 2020

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46August 25, 2019 1:14 AM

R45, since Mother Theresa never did anything for women’s rights, I guess she has a point.

by Anonymousreply 47August 25, 2019 1:18 AM

Business Insider:

Trump's threat to dump thousands of ISIS fighters into Europe could end up hurting its fiercest ally in Syria

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48August 25, 2019 1:40 AM

NYT:

Trade Turmoil Gives Democrats an Opening to Hit Trump on Economy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49August 25, 2019 1:52 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50August 25, 2019 2:01 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51August 25, 2019 2:03 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52August 25, 2019 2:05 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53August 25, 2019 2:06 AM

Emerging from the corn with cob in hand.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54August 25, 2019 2:23 AM

Joe Walsh has announced his intention to primary Trump.

He's awful, and yet I'm happy because the world is that far off its axis.

by Anonymousreply 55August 25, 2019 1:33 PM

I'm glad that there are going to be people challenging Trump and that it won't be an easy ride for him like he thought it was going to be. At least it will take some of his focus off of the Democrats.I'd love for the Republicans who are running to put Trump on the spot and challenge him to a debate.

by Anonymousreply 56August 25, 2019 2:21 PM

WSJ:

Trump Gambles That Trade War Will Pay Off in 2020

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57August 25, 2019 3:54 PM

On ABC, Rahm Emanuel said that the reason Trump flipped out so much recently was the Fox poll.

by Anonymousreply 58August 25, 2019 3:58 PM

Washington Post:

Trump expresses regret about escalating China trade war, then reverses course and says he wishes he raised tariffs higher

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59August 25, 2019 3:58 PM

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 60August 25, 2019 4:04 PM

He’s not even consistent in his message from hour to hour. He is totally flailing, throwing random shit at the wall to see what sticks and what the media spin on it is.

A well respected psychologist appeared on AM Joy this morning and said that Trump is not just a garden variety malignant narcissist, but a much more rare psychopath/sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 61August 25, 2019 4:22 PM

He needs La Sénatrice with him to calm him down.

by Anonymousreply 62August 25, 2019 5:01 PM

DL Fave Conor Lamb doesn't support impeachment (at 3:30 in the video.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63August 25, 2019 5:05 PM

Conor Lamb is in a Trumpy district. He might need to stay off impeachment in order to maintain his seat in a more purple district.

by Anonymousreply 64August 25, 2019 5:07 PM

He's a total psychopath •glib and superficial charm • grandiose (exaggeratedly high) estimation of self • need for stimulation • pathological lying • cunning and manipulativeness • lack of remorse or guilt • shallow affect (superficial emotional responsiveness) • callousness and lack of empathy • parasitic lifestyle • poor behavioral controls • sexual promiscuity • early behavior problems • lack of realistic long-term goals • impulsivity • irresponsibility • failure to accept responsibility for own actions • many short-term marital relationships • juvenile delinquency • revocation of conditional release • criminal versatility

by Anonymousreply 65August 25, 2019 5:33 PM

Does anybody think covfefe was actually a true code sent to someone?

R65 He is absolutely that. There is no question.

Everybody likes to ask how Hillary could lose to this and often cite her "various flaws". Even after over 2 years of nonstop insanity, he is above 40%. At least before, there was some doubt (from some) he would govern like this. He was also change in a change election. She had everything against her- the media, the Russians, the FBI, the conservative machine. Yet, it was so close.

As for the pay wall stuff- this thread is too important to pay wall. Part 113 was not pay walled at all. I think we should start a new thread as soon as this is pay walled.

by Anonymousreply 66August 25, 2019 7:54 PM

Bill Weld and Joe Walsh aren't really going to matter, though, are they? The RNC will never allow anyone near Trump or anything official. The media will follow suit. I hardly see Weld anywhere. He's occasionally on Lawrence O'Donnell but that's about all I see. Joe Walsh is a much bigger asshole with a huge lying mouth, so maybe he'll force himself down the media's throat but we'll see.

by Anonymousreply 67August 25, 2019 9:04 PM

What Weld and Walsh will do at the end of the day it won't matter. Because while Weld & Walsh fight it out Trump gets the nomination. Game over.

by Anonymousreply 68August 25, 2019 11:13 PM

Well, I don’t think anyone seriously thinks Walsh or Weld will get the nomination. My hope is that after the battle, they peel a few votes away from him in the general, like the Bernie Bros took away from Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 69August 25, 2019 11:52 PM

I don't give a shit about who is the GOP nom, I just hope Walsh spews anti-trump venom continuously to any conservatives that will listen.

by Anonymousreply 70August 26, 2019 12:25 AM

[quote] What Weld and Walsh will do at the end of the day it won't matter. Because while Weld & Walsh fight it out Trump gets the nomination. Game over.

That doesn't really matter. What matters is that the Republicans are forced to waste time and money they can't really afford to spend on dealing with primary challengers. They want Trump to cruise to a smooth, drama-free renomination. Don't give it to them. A long, protracted ugly primary which deepens and widens the existing schisms among the Republicans will be a huge benefit to the eventual Democratic nominee.

by Anonymousreply 71August 26, 2019 1:26 AM

I am thinking of changing my registration to Republican next year so I can vote against Trump twice and for Bill Weld once. There are so many well qualified Democratic candidates running, I am sure I will be able to support the eventual nominee.

by Anonymousreply 72August 26, 2019 1:32 AM

But, I guess what I don't understand is how you think Weld or Walsh will even be able to get anything out there against Trump? The RNC won't let them actually be in any of the primaries. Without that, I don't think they are even going to be on any ballots in the primaries. There definitely won't be any debates on the Repug side. Basically, they'll twitter attack the idiot and go on the more liberal news shows on occasion because the likes of FauxNoise will never let them anywhere near their audience.

by Anonymousreply 73August 26, 2019 1:45 AM

Why wouldn’t they be on a ballot, r73? If they meet the requirements, they’ll be on them.

by Anonymousreply 74August 26, 2019 1:47 AM

[quote] Everybody likes to ask how Hillary could lose to this

Don’t forget he beat all the Republicans in the primary, too.

by Anonymousreply 75August 26, 2019 1:54 AM

I think the RNC has some sway in who gets on the various state ballots for the primaries. Each states Repug party organization will be running the ballot access process. Yes, there may be some where you just pay a fee or get enough signatures but they won't be on in all the states because the RNC will do everything they can to block them.

by Anonymousreply 76August 26, 2019 1:56 AM

Scoop: Trump suggested nuking hurricanes to stop them from hitting U.S.

Behind the scenes: During one hurricane briefing at the White House, Trump said, "I got it. I got it. Why don't we nuke them?" according to one source who was there. "They start forming off the coast of Africa, as they're moving across the Atlantic, we drop a bomb inside the eye of the hurricane and it disrupts it. Why can't we do that?" the source added, paraphrasing the president's remarks.

Asked how the briefer reacted, the source recalled he said something to the effect of, "Sir, we'll look into that." Trump replied by asking incredulously how many hurricanes the U.S. could handle and reiterating his suggestion that the government intervene before they make landfall.

The briefer "was knocked back on his heels," the source in the room added. "You could hear a gnat fart in that meeting. People were astonished. After the meeting ended, we thought, 'What the f---? What do we do with this?'"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77August 26, 2019 1:57 AM

Is Hope Hicks playing the victim? She was neck deep in this mess and hasn't spoken anything approaching the full truth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78August 26, 2019 1:58 AM

[quote]Scoop: Trump suggested nuking hurricanes to stop them from hitting U.S.

Now, listen closely children as I tell you the tale of the end of the USA. They were hit by irradiated superhurricanes filled with mutated sharks and no one could find Tara Reid. The end.

by Anonymousreply 79August 26, 2019 2:01 AM

Citizens- he has already told you you MUST vote for him or else. He has ordered you to vote for him. He has told Jews they are disloyal if they vote for Dems.

Some really smart PAC should run an ad featuring what looks like a 2020 T***p reelection campaign with the person playing him ordering us to vote for him and the narrator telling the audience they have no choice but to vote for him. It is their duty and they have no choice. He said so.

by Anonymousreply 80August 26, 2019 3:20 AM

Weld was previously a libertarian and he endorsed Obama, so he's dead in the water.

Walsh might peel off some of the dissatisfied voters like farmers. He can't do anything without money, and none of the regular donors are going to give him $$, but some angry group looking to make a point might give him some bucks for commercials. But if he can't get on Fox, most of the Republicans in the country - the older ones who aren't on social media - will never even hear of him.

by Anonymousreply 81August 26, 2019 3:57 AM

R89, Trump ‘s comment did sound like “or else”, didn’t it?

by Anonymousreply 82August 26, 2019 4:13 AM

I meant R80, not r89.

by Anonymousreply 83August 26, 2019 4:13 AM

He's been saying "Or else..." for at least two years. Before the mid terms he suggested that voting for he Democrats would lead to financial disaster. The Markets would crash, etc. And he said that in even stronger words just a few weeks ago. He said if the Democrats won, or, more specifically if HE, Trump lost, there would be hell to [ay. There would be a huge financial crisis. It would destroy us. We'd lose everything. So that's part of his schtick. It's bullshit of course. The true disaster , the financial catastrophe, is having him win the fucking election. I think what has to happen is that he must be convinced that he is definitely going to lose. It has to be crystal clear to him. He has to have his own people,tell him there is no chance. He could fake illness to cut a deal so he doesn't get prosecuted, then leave. Like, maybe they could claim he had a stroke. he goes into seclusion for a year or two, he is no longer scared of prosecution, and he just keeps going o rallies and getting fake awards for the rest of his life. And all those world leaders he insulted refuse all his phone calls and China pulls the plug on all their licensing agreements with Daughter Dearest.

by Anonymousreply 84August 26, 2019 4:38 AM

I do believe Trump may win in 2020, but not because of the many reasons cable pundits and posters on this thread are listing, (the economy, lack of leadership among the Dems, fear-mongering, etc.). He's gonna win the same way he won in 2016. CHEATING! .... I'm sorry, the way he "won" in 2016. Take away those scant 78,000 votes in 3 states giving him the electoral victory, and Hillary wins in a landslide! None of this "she ran a lousy campaign" bullshit. And I'm not saying this because I'm in love with Hillary.

What I am saying is this ... ANY ONE of the current 20 candidates running can and will beat Trump - even Marianne Williamson - if for only one thing: PAPER BALLOTS!

But the corrupt Republicans are still running the elections - ALSO CHEATED - so WTF can we do?

by Anonymousreply 85August 26, 2019 7:09 AM

Take "Puty Luv Pussie Grabber" on......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86August 26, 2019 11:06 AM

George Conway may help Walsh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87August 26, 2019 11:16 AM

I/aAre Jared & Junior begging Rebekah now?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88August 26, 2019 11:28 AM

That’s the original father-daughter fuck pairing right there at R88.

by Anonymousreply 89August 26, 2019 12:04 PM

Trump is all over Twitter claiming that the nuclear hurricane thing is a lie a “fake news.” Does this idiot realize that no one believes anything he says anymore? News you don’t like or is critical of you in some way is not fake, you fat cunt.

by Anonymousreply 90August 26, 2019 1:45 PM

[quote]News you don’t like or is critical of you in some way is not fake, you fat cunt.

One of the things that infuriates me about him most is how he took something that really was a factor in 2016 and totally co-opted and corrupted the meaning to suit his purposes.

I remember the first time he used "fake news" to deride the press, and how pissed some news commentators like Ari Melber were because it was such an Orwellian thing to do.

by Anonymousreply 91August 26, 2019 1:55 PM

[quote]Does this idiot realize that no one believes anything he says anymore?

His cult believes every word.

by Anonymousreply 92August 26, 2019 2:40 PM

G7 News:

Trump did not show up for a workshop on environmental issues at the G7 Summit, but French President Emmanuel Macron said it came as no surprise: “When it comes to the Paris Agreement, we know his position, it has always been clear, and it is not an objective of the French presidency to convince him otherwise."

Trump said U.S. and Chinese officials spoke Sunday and he is optimistic China wants to make a deal after the trade war between the two countries escalated in recent days. When asked about the phone calls, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Geng Shuang said, “I haven’t heard about this.”

by Anonymousreply 93August 26, 2019 3:10 PM

Trump and his White House staff and advisors think they can misrepresent, and lie, and spin so it looks like he is doing things Presidential. But he isn't and they're all pigs fighting over the tube of lipstick.

by Anonymousreply 94August 26, 2019 3:17 PM

NYT:

Trump Allies Target Journalists Over Coverage Deemed Hostile to White House

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95August 26, 2019 3:20 PM

Trump is going to be remembered for years to come in psychiatry books and will be used as an example to teach others about his mental illnesses.

by Anonymousreply 96August 26, 2019 3:52 PM

Trump is a monster. He is the end result of the Republican Party's policies and philosophy, of economic exploitation and oligarchy, and all the forces that support it, and their efforts to dismantle our democracy for many decades. Amiright?

by Anonymousreply 97August 26, 2019 4:25 PM

The other day, I encountered one of those mushroom cocks that Trump supposedly has (where the cock head is kind of like this big umbrella with a shaft handle) and, honestly, I just couldn’t do it. I felt bad because the hook-up was really nice but I couldn’t think of anything else except for the fact that it looked like Trump’s.

by Anonymousreply 98August 26, 2019 4:25 PM

yes! That journalist Yamiche had the nerve to ask Trump why he keeps lying about Putin "outsmarting" Obama

Trump really is Putin's little puppet-now saying in the press conference that he thinks Russia should be allowed back into the G7

never brings up the election interference and rather than saying the takeover of Crimea is a big issue he simply says Putin outsmarted Obama

by Anonymousreply 99August 26, 2019 4:44 PM

it's time more journalists call Trump out about lying on basically everything

by Anonymousreply 100August 26, 2019 4:44 PM

Sometimes they do, r100. But they call them "false claims".

by Anonymousreply 101August 26, 2019 4:50 PM

[quote]yes! That journalist Yamiche had the nerve to ask Trump why he keeps lying about Putin "outsmarting" Obama

And Trump's reply was, "I know you like Obama."

by Anonymousreply 102August 26, 2019 5:53 PM

R98 can't be Kellie Ann or Miz Lindzee.

by Anonymousreply 103August 26, 2019 5:55 PM

I wish a journalist would ask him why he is so obsessed with Obama.

by Anonymousreply 104August 26, 2019 5:58 PM

NYT:

Ex-White House Aide Rob Porter Is Subpoenaed in House Impeachment Inquiry

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105August 26, 2019 6:42 PM

R85 here.

by Anonymousreply 106August 26, 2019 6:57 PM

See? Now I don't get how the Judiciary committee expects anything different to happen when Porter is called. He will plead the 5th or claim executive privilege. No one associated with Trump is going to be willing to testify. And once again the Judiciary committee looks dumb. And there will be no good visuals because this isn't Watergate. I guess they have to call him. They have to call everyone including the piece of pigshit, Kelley who is making a fortune off the detention camps.

by Anonymousreply 107August 26, 2019 6:57 PM

it seems like the House strategy is to keep going through the protocol of calling WH staffers present and former and then going to the courts when they don't cooperate. It seems like they're then going to compile this list of uncooperative witnesses as part of the case for impeachment BUT how long will that take? It seems to take a month or more for each witness. They should call them all at the same time so the process will be done quicker

by Anonymousreply 108August 26, 2019 7:00 PM

I'm sick of this shit.

Let's just put some bloody heads on pikes and those fuckers will be more than happy to spill their guts.

Why is this such a fucking tedious exercise in fiddling while the world burns? WTF are these Dems in leadership waiting for?

Heads on goddam pikes and then these lying cunts will talk.

by Anonymousreply 109August 26, 2019 7:31 PM

Federal Election Commission Vice Chairman Matthew Petersen announced his resignation today.

This means the agency that enforces and regulates the nation’s campaign finance laws will effectively shut down — something that hasn’t happened since 2008 — because it won’t have the legal minimum of four commissioners to make high-level decisions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110August 26, 2019 7:34 PM

why is he retiring? Now the GOP will be even MORE out of control

wtf

by Anonymousreply 111August 26, 2019 7:50 PM

People are jumping ship because the end is coming for Trump and they know it. Expect for to leave

by Anonymousreply 112August 26, 2019 8:02 PM

expect MORE to leave

by Anonymousreply 113August 26, 2019 8:03 PM

GOP Rep. Sean Duffy announced Monday he's resigning his 7th Congressional District seat to spend more time with his family.

by Anonymousreply 114August 26, 2019 8:05 PM

Duffy must have incriminating photos of him out there with a hooker.

by Anonymousreply 115August 26, 2019 8:14 PM

Hmm, R114. He's from Wisconsin. I guess he doesn't like the look of things on the ground.

by Anonymousreply 116August 26, 2019 8:21 PM

They seem to think they can somewhat control timing since everyone says they purposefully are waiting til September to kick things into high gear. They want it to be at boiling point when he's in the thick of campaigning so everyone is constantly reminded of his lies, his obstruction and his work with the Russians.

by Anonymousreply 117August 26, 2019 8:50 PM

[quote]Now I don't get how the Judiciary committee expects anything different to happen when Porter is called.

The next Democratic AG can take action on ignored Congressional subpoenas. So far not one Trumper has made a formal assertion of privilege or 5th Amendment rights.

There is no statute of limitations on Contempt of Congress citations.

by Anonymousreply 118August 26, 2019 9:41 PM

Duffy is leaving because he just had a 9th kid, NINTH, and it has some issues. Isn't his wife in her mid-40's as well? He's 47.

Freaks! He is leaving this world of shit to his kids and yet doesn't care. The conservative cult mind will not waiver.

Does ANYBODY really think the Mercers or Kochs won't support Pres Bone Spurs? They will do it with dark money. They are Rosemary's babies. That bitch had a litter! That is why she screamed at the end!

by Anonymousreply 119August 26, 2019 10:54 PM

Here's what I personally believe regarding election hacking: I think the GOP has been doing it for at least 20 years. (Ohio in 2004 was sketchy AF) And with Russian help they'd certainly be willing to do it again.

BUT.

Election hacking only works when an election is really really close. The point is to game the system in very subtle ways without getting caught manipulating numbers. The larger the spread in votes, the more difficult it is to mess with totals and not leave a trace. If the Dems can produce a 100% blowout in 2020 (if they can get their shit together, who knows), it will be exceedingly difficult to just flip numbers around and not get caught.

Or perhaps they don't give a fuck anymore if they get caught. Could go either way.

by Anonymousreply 120August 26, 2019 11:13 PM

I hope that little baby of his and wife Rachel Campos-Duffy benefits of all the health insurance they've been working so hard to deprive the other American citizens of.

by Anonymousreply 121August 26, 2019 11:15 PM

R121 Lemme guess- she Cuban? If so, makes total sense why she feels entitled and has a "let them eat cake" attitude. I heard she is every bit a nasty bitch as he is.

R120 Yes, it needs to be close-ish. I believe Hillary would have carried all 3 states by 2-3% easily. I think they also fucked with FL (easy to do-why even vote in that fucking state?) as well as other states. They wanted her totals closer in many states so it didn't look odd.

by Anonymousreply 122August 26, 2019 11:27 PM

Hillary bares some responsibility for her loss as well. She didn't visit certain states enough to assure that they were in her corner. Pennsylvania comes to mind.

by Anonymousreply 123August 26, 2019 11:44 PM

I dont understand the whole "visit a state" argument. I don't think I have ever once had a candidate visit my state and if they did I could really care less. I will vote for them if they have the best policies, not whether there kissing babies at my local state fair. Do these people in PA and WI think to themselves, well Hillary didn't visit my town, so I guess I'll vote Trump this time around.

by Anonymousreply 124August 26, 2019 11:47 PM

[quote]Hillary [bold]bares[/bold] some responsibility for her loss as well.

How did the universe arrange to have all Trump supporters repeatedly dropped on their heads as children??

by Anonymousreply 125August 26, 2019 11:48 PM

Lindsey and Mike Pence have been "traveling" around together a lot lately. They are in Greenville, SC now, near Lindsey's SC home. Why together so much? What are they talking about?

'Mother' must have given her blessings. Lindsey will certainly make sure Mike stays away from being alone with other women.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126August 27, 2019 12:06 AM

I don't see anyone replacing Trump on the ticket. These aren't 1920s pols trying to do the rational thing. These are terrified whores and slaves, more like the McCarthy Era, desperately trying to hang on until the craziness of their party, hopefully, passes.

by Anonymousreply 127August 27, 2019 12:08 AM

SC lives off the federal government teet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128August 27, 2019 12:12 AM

Can we put to rest the notion that if ONLY Hillary would have visited those states a few more times things would have been different. She was fucking sabotaged right there at the end by Comey and then there was Russian fuckery. She could have lived in WI, PA and MI in that final week and those things would have nixed it.

by Anonymousreply 129August 27, 2019 1:14 AM

["I dont understand the whole "visit a state" argument"]

Trump held a rally in Wisconsin the week just before the election. Wisconsin was considered a strong Hillary state, and although it was a wee bit closer, it was still widely expected Hillary would win comfortably. Trump's campaign staff was widely derided for bothering to send him there, like they were just biding time before the loss. Wisconsin becomes one of the three states that flipped giving Trump the electoral victory, and suddenly his campaign staff are considered genius, master strategists!... Well, maybe... especially if they knew in advance the voting tallies would be hacked in Wisconsin, so they needed Trump to make a pre-election visit to make his winning Wisconsin look plausible. Just like with Pennsylvania.

It makes total sense if you examine it from back to front.

by Anonymousreply 130August 27, 2019 1:17 AM

The Comey letter, the fake news stories, infiltration of Facebook... yeah, they all contributed to Trump's "Victory"/Hillary's loss. But just a little... OR - they were deliberate distractions. Lots of noise to drown out the real effect: that votes could be hacked in close states - and would be hacked giving Trump the Electoral Victory. Again, all the other bullshit stuff just makes it seem plausible Trump could win......I think there are FBI documents proving it, but the news outlets haven't covered it. I did see Malcolm Nance and Cliff Watts discussing this very thing on MSNBC.

I believe it's in Nance's second book.

by Anonymousreply 131August 27, 2019 1:23 AM

There were some odd and questionable voting results from Allegheny County in PA.

In Wisconsin, that GOP apparatus for voting looked suspicious.

Some corrupt, insider operatives, for money or ideology, could have tampered with tallies and/or machines.

2016 was a conspiracy and they pulled it off. They intend to do it again. Moscow Mitch McConnell refuses to even allow voting protections measures in the Senate to be addressed, while he is ramming through Federalist Society nominees as judges.

This was all planned.

by Anonymousreply 132August 27, 2019 2:28 AM

Some foreign, western democracies need to be sent forth as monitors and observers for the 2020 U.S. election. It has gotten that bad.

by Anonymousreply 133August 27, 2019 2:33 AM

China wants him as President, too. If he is president, it weakens us exponentially. So they, along with Russia, can fuck with our machines. Have you not seen the narrative that if Warren is the nominee, Dems will lose 40 states? They have a plan and planting the seed.

Can Europe hack the election for us?

by Anonymousreply 134August 27, 2019 3:16 AM

A horrible economic outlook in Trump's swing states.

He on the road to fucking himself.

See you on November 1st.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135August 27, 2019 7:23 AM

What's November 1st?

November 3rd, 2020 is election day.

by Anonymousreply 136August 27, 2019 12:29 PM

Nice try, R123. You are a retarded cunt and not even trying to “pass” as a DL Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 137August 27, 2019 12:48 PM

Hillary won, fair and square. To put it in Trump's vernacular, the election was rigged. And that's the only reason why he's now calling himself President. But, as bad as it is for the United States, what Moscow Mitch and his fellow sycophantic Republicans would have put Hillary through would been worse than any episode of American Horror Story.

by Anonymousreply 138August 27, 2019 1:43 PM

"ACCEPT THE PAIN"!

What an aggressive top would say to a fussy bottom?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139August 27, 2019 2:05 PM

r136, the day the UK leaves the EU and because of No-Deal, the UK will be hit with innumerable unanticipated financial impacts. Hello Scottish referendum.

Will Brexit be the Austria to the next world depression?

With Trump playing, and losing, the trillion dollar tariff war, with the unanticipated effects of Brexit, with Germany already in recession, and considering that ALL major economic meltdowns have started in the 4th quarter, only idiots have not moved out of the market and into cash.

Even if it is short term to test the waters, January is the earliest to think about leaving a cash position.

by Anonymousreply 140August 27, 2019 3:02 PM

Would you move over $600K in investments to cash? The taxes would be horrible. Better to just hold, I won't be retired for a while.

by Anonymousreply 141August 27, 2019 3:31 PM

Move into bonds.

by Anonymousreply 142August 27, 2019 3:32 PM

I’m in the same boat, r141. Hoping that whatever passes will resolve itself in 5 years, when I’ll need the money. Dump is following the Dubaya model I think; last year of bad economics, with a Democrat saving the day.

by Anonymousreply 143August 27, 2019 3:48 PM

There are other vehicles besides cash to park money in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144August 27, 2019 3:58 PM

A federal judge just blocked the 8-week abortion ban in Missouri. Is this one of the cases the anti-choice psychos want to travel up to the Supremes?

Some woman don’t even realize they’re pregnant at eight weeks.

by Anonymousreply 145August 27, 2019 5:32 PM

The Hill:

Trump on major storm approaching Puerto Rico: 'Will it ever end?'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146August 27, 2019 5:41 PM

NYT:

Farmers' frustration with Trump grows as U.S. escalates China fight

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147August 27, 2019 5:47 PM

ABC:

Russia denies Republican, Democratic senators visas for delegation trip

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148August 27, 2019 5:50 PM

Politico:

Trump hits back at 'nasty rumor' that his Doral resort is infested with bed bugs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149August 27, 2019 5:52 PM

No bedbugs. No bedbugs. You're the bedbug!

by Anonymousreply 150August 27, 2019 5:58 PM

The Hill:

Nervous Republicans focus energy on protecting Senate 'firewall'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151August 27, 2019 6:43 PM

White House clarifies: First lady Melania Trump hasn't met Kim Jong Un

White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham then issued a clarification stating that the first lady and North Korean leader did not know each other personally as Trump had suggested.

Grisham said in the statement, “President Trump confides in his wife on many issues including the detailed elements of his strong relationship with Chairman Kim — and while the First Lady hasn’t met him, the President feels like she’s gotten to know him too."

by Anonymousreply 152August 27, 2019 6:49 PM

You knoweenk one brain dead deectator, you knoweenk them all

by Anonymousreply 153August 27, 2019 6:57 PM

Why does it even matter that the Republicans have out-raised the Democrats in Senate race money? Like, any amount of money is going to erase the fact that the GOP Senators have totally given up the game. They have revealed themselves to be total obstructionist whores. They have stated their desire to continue to transform the judiciary branch into a Handmaids Tale-style wet dream and will stop all sensible gun reform and election monitoring legislation.

I actually think this whole gambit of Moscow Mitch’s of proudly proclaiming himself to be the “Grim Reaper” is going to backfire on him. Sure, it motivates Trump’s psychotic base. But it really distills the fact for Democrats that MM and his coven of desiccated whores are not in the business of helping the American people live a better life. They are serial killers with an enormous amount of power to threaten and abuse anyone who isn’t a straight rich white man. They have been thoroughly unmasked.

Also, the always do this dumb shit of being like, “Oh, we’re confident that we’ll maintain the Senate. Maybe even pick up some seats!” They know they’re in big trouble. And it’s not like Trump will do anything between now and Election Day 2020 to improve the chances of any of those vulnerable Republican Senators.

by Anonymousreply 154August 27, 2019 7:21 PM

", “Oh, we’re confident that we’ll maintain the Senate"

Maybe they're confident that the voting tallies will be hacked in their favor, like how some of them might have won previously. Not trying to beat a dead horse, I'm totally serious. If they know the fix is in and they're gonna win anyway, why bother to work?

by Anonymousreply 155August 27, 2019 7:24 PM

i will always always believe the 2016 election results were hacked.. simply for the fact? that in the first time in history? every single poll, from every possible media source (radio,newspaper, news organization, news channel,) from national to state wide to democrat to republican to independent ALL had hillary winning and yet in the first time in history ALL AND EVERY POLL WAS WRONG???...

by Anonymousreply 156August 27, 2019 7:53 PM

Well, you know R156, that was explained by the fact that a lot of people lie in polls, especially exit polls They were too embarrassed to admit to an anonymous pollster jotting numbers down on a sheet who wasn't even looking at them they had voted for Trump.

Sounds plausible to me!! ;(

by Anonymousreply 157August 27, 2019 7:58 PM

Impeachment tracking update:

Total Dems: 129

Total Repubs: 0

Total Ind: 1

Grand total: 130 or 30% of the House

by Anonymousreply 158August 27, 2019 8:22 PM

Politico:

Judge questions White House standards for revoking Playboy reporter's press pass

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159August 27, 2019 8:56 PM

Washington Post:

Cheers! Barr books Trump’s hotel for $30,000 holiday party

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160August 27, 2019 9:09 PM

The Hill:

Trump officially nominates Eugene Scalia as Labor secretary pick

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161August 27, 2019 9:12 PM

I'm not going to bother linking, but I thought this was a new one. Not lies, they're.....

AP FACT CHECK: Trump's illusory claims of gains from tariffs

by Anonymousreply 162August 27, 2019 9:14 PM

CNN:

Homeland Security moves $155 million from FEMA disaster relief for immigration enforcement

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163August 27, 2019 9:17 PM

[quote]Judge questions White House standards for revoking Playboy reporter's press pass

What is the question? They're every dictator's standards. No criticism ever! Next question please.

by Anonymousreply 164August 27, 2019 11:58 PM

So Barr is going full stop out in the open not giving a fuck. New levels of depravity and vulgarity.

by Anonymousreply 165August 28, 2019 12:02 AM

Bone Spurs Bed Bugs

Ewwww!

All those pee pee girls & Chinese Hos abound.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166August 28, 2019 12:10 AM

Concerned about bed bugs?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167August 28, 2019 12:18 AM

Nah r166, she's too busy being sad.

by Anonymousreply 168August 28, 2019 12:21 AM

[quote]Nervous Republicans focus energy on protecting Senate 'firewall'

Well, the Russians already did it once for them in 2018. Sure the penis-headed asshole won Florida. Uh huh. Sure the racist piece of shit beat Abrams fair and square in Georgia. And, of course, Ted Cruz is just beloved in Texas. I bet it really depressed them that Roy Moore was so atrocious a candidate that even hacking couldn't get him in. Well, last time. I'm sure his popularity will have grown to exactly 50.2% of the vote next time.

by Anonymousreply 169August 28, 2019 12:38 AM

Kemp won in Georgia by purging black voters and severely restricting the numbers of voting machines in predominantly African American districts, r169.

That scumbag didn't need any help from the Russians since he was Georgia Secretary of State at the time. He managed to steal that election all by himself and is damned proud of it.

by Anonymousreply 170August 28, 2019 1:00 AM

R170, I think Russia had firewalls in place all over the place. And, they could easily have helped in that voter purge. We only know about the stuff that was reported. The polling was still off in the end.

by Anonymousreply 171August 28, 2019 1:22 AM

HOLY SHIT! On the The Last Word, Lawrence O just said he has sources at Deutchbank that have told him that Trump's "loans" all have cosigners. The cosigners are all Russian Ogliarchs. If this comes out that will be the end of Trump.

by Anonymousreply 172August 28, 2019 2:13 AM

No it won't.

by Anonymousreply 173August 28, 2019 2:18 AM

Yeah. I’d I had a dollar every time I’ve heard some scandalous headline followed by “if it’s true, it’ll be the end of Trump”. Sure.

by Anonymousreply 174August 28, 2019 2:19 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175August 28, 2019 2:19 AM

It will be the end of him. If this new info is true they will have to start impeachment hearings

by Anonymousreply 176August 28, 2019 2:23 AM

^^agreed. This will move alot more Dems into the impeachment column in the house. In fact, this may be the news that Nancy was waiting to become public. I have no doubt that if Lawrence knows, someone in Congress has already been told. This is something the public can follow easily on why Trump is so beholden to the Russians

by Anonymousreply 177August 28, 2019 2:26 AM

PAPER BALLOTS PAPER BALLOTS PAPER BALLOTS PAPER BALLOTS PAPER BALLOTS PAPER BALLOTS PAPER BALLOTS PAPER BALLOTS PAPER BALLOTS

by Anonymousreply 178August 28, 2019 2:40 AM

I guess we have heard about things really starting to roll around Labor Day.

We're there, so maybe I'll allow a modicum of hope.

by Anonymousreply 179August 28, 2019 2:44 AM

Farmers- he has destroyed our lives. And he keeps making things worse. But I still support him! FUCK THEM!

Pelosi does indeed know a lot. And I believe she has a great plan.

by Anonymousreply 180August 28, 2019 2:50 AM

I want those loan docs to be made public.

Every last one. I want to peruse them myself and dig deep into that cesspool of dirty money. I want every receipt, every stickie note - I want it all!

All. Of. It!

by Anonymousreply 181August 28, 2019 3:11 AM

so Fox has decided to go after the "Never Trumper" conservatives today lol. I just saw a clip on twitter. Laura Ingraham personally naming and attacking Bill Kristol, Bret Stephens, Jennifer Rubin and Max Boot. I hope they respond. The more conservatives go after each other, the more damage is done. While I don't trust any conservatives, I at least have more respect for the ones who realize Trump is too despicable and crazy to support. Let's see what transpires with this tomorrow. Fox is clearly trying to imitate anti-Trump repubs because they're scared of his base cracking even a little bit

by Anonymousreply 182August 28, 2019 3:16 AM

R182 I especially like the ones who have left the party like Nicole Wallace. And she attacks the whole party, not just him. She also says she will vote for any Dem candidate and that is the only viable option if you find him unacceptable and dangerous. Many of the NTers are close to her level of commitment.

I have to respect them because they really went all in on not only him but the GOP. They need to make it clear the GOP is not to be trusted for a very long time. This cannot be easily forgiven nor forgotten.

by Anonymousreply 183August 28, 2019 3:22 AM

I agree that this news @ r172 would push the rest of Democrats to impeach. It s also easy to follow—very simple messaging that will make for devastating commercials.

by Anonymousreply 184August 28, 2019 3:27 AM

He has been getting loans from Deutchbank long before he was president. Why were all these oligarchs cosigning for them? It looks like it was maybe it was a big money laundering scheme. I can't think of any other reason why they would do it. He has always been a deadbeat and no one would give him loans except Deutchbank.

by Anonymousreply 185August 28, 2019 3:34 AM

R185 The oligarch/ Russia/Bank thing could be THE thing that finally does him in. He has been really pushing for Russia to rejoin the G7 (why you dumb fucker????) and China is loving this all. China is the big winner out of him being president. Russia will always be a shithole country with drunks and prostitutes for citizens. They will never truly amount to anything but internet trolls. China, though, is coming for us. They're lucky to have this dementia patient as prez.

by Anonymousreply 186August 28, 2019 3:47 AM

I still want to know what role Justice Kennedys son played in all this. I found it odd that Maddow mentioned all these kids of politicians who were given jobs at Deutsche in order to draw business...Maybe they did the same for legal reasons and for leverage ?

by Anonymousreply 187August 28, 2019 4:22 AM

R817, the bank believed it was helping to ensure that powerful people kept their business at the bank by employing their often otherwise unemployable children. By keeping powerful people connected to the bank, Deutsche Bank thought that it could survive, or completely prevent, investigations into its business.

by Anonymousreply 188August 28, 2019 4:29 AM

Sorry, I meant R187 ^^^^

by Anonymousreply 189August 28, 2019 4:32 AM

Deutsche Bank's Moscow office helped Russian oligarchs move at billions of dollars out of Russia through fake business transactions. The money was funneled into the Western banking system--and could have been disbursed to people and businesses in the US through fake "loans" by Deutsche Bank in NY to Trump. Trump would take a cut of the proceeds, but kick back most of the money to his Russian "friends." The co-signing of the loan documents meant that Trump would not be personally liable for repayment because he was not the primary recipient of the funds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190August 28, 2019 4:42 AM

Link to The Last Word ep from tonight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191August 28, 2019 4:49 AM

It's all so sickening.

We are a country of racist morons, and a few I guess are nice people.

by Anonymousreply 192August 28, 2019 6:18 AM

Congress takes such long vacations, little is accomplished on this front. Impeachment proceedings needed to have started many months ago. Those that refuse to cooperate, must be part of the grounds for impeachment.

by Anonymousreply 193August 28, 2019 6:24 AM

[quote]We are a country of racist morons, and a few I guess are nice people.

Let's not forget it's the fact that we are a country of sexist morons that caused our current giant orange problem.

by Anonymousreply 194August 28, 2019 7:10 AM

R187. This would connect us to KavaNAUGHT's "installation" onto the Supreme Court. Really now, this turd needs to go. Diving deeper, how exactly did Kavanaugh pay off the $200,000 debt that he was holding back?...something about selling tickets for a game of some sorts???

by Anonymousreply 195August 28, 2019 8:33 AM

KavaNOT should be impeached for lying under oath in his confirmation hearings. If we get a Dem WH and Senate majority, they should immediately initiate impeachment proceedings against him.

by Anonymousreply 196August 28, 2019 11:23 AM

Labor Day bombshell? FCI is this the news Nancy Pelosi has been waiting to drop?

by Anonymousreply 197August 28, 2019 11:26 AM

In a few Supreme Court rulings, Gorsuch has voted to the right of Kavanaugh. Gorsuch is pro-corporate, anti-consumer, as it gets. On social issues, Gorsuch is ALL right wing. Because Lindsey is not personally so much entrallled with Gorsuch as he is with Kavanaugh, that certainly doesn't make Gorsuch anything less than an extreme right-winger.

by Anonymousreply 198August 28, 2019 11:49 AM

I'm not getting excited and hopeful about the Lawrence O'Donnell bombshell just yet. We've been bamboozled before. I do think LO'D is careful in what he reports, though.

by Anonymousreply 199August 28, 2019 1:13 PM

The Deutsche Bank Trump-Russian oligarch stuff was first reported by the Dutch Zembla outlet in 2017, and was covered here by Seth Abramson and others, but was ignored up by US mainstream media.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200August 28, 2019 1:23 PM

Washington Post:

‘Take the land’: President Trump wants a border wall. He wants it black. And he wants it by Election Day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201August 28, 2019 1:25 PM

USA Today:

Trump bashes GOP primary challengers including Joe Walsh, Bill Weld

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202August 28, 2019 1:42 PM

The Hill: Trump lashes out at San Juan mayor as Puerto Rico braces for Dorian

The president tweeted that the government is tracking Tropical Storm Dorian and said the storm was heading for the island, "as usual."

He added that emergency services are ready.

"FEMA and all others are ready, and will do a great job. When they do, let them know it, and give them a big Thank You - Not like last time. That includes from the incompetent Mayor of San Juan!" Trump tweeted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203August 28, 2019 1:48 PM

Wow. He is just *such* an asshole. So abusive. And he looks exactly like an Oompa-Loompa in R202.

by Anonymousreply 204August 28, 2019 1:53 PM

NBC:

Trump campaign attacks AOC, Democrats: 'This is our country, not theirs'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205August 28, 2019 1:55 PM

We need a national strike to demand his resignation. MILLIONS of us are one hundred percent convinced of his dangerous instability. I suggest a 24 hour national strike. Occupy your local congressperson's office office. Come out for resignation. Tuesday, September 3 every person should assemble at their representatives office and demand that this President be removed from office.

Sane and progressive people all over this country have been bullied by the very unstable, dangerous, sick human being and his minions. We need to come out of the closet and show our community how we feel.

by Anonymousreply 206August 28, 2019 2:15 PM

^A nuclear explosion in Russia that we know nothing about. Why the fuck didn't any god damn reporter ask Trump if he spoke to Putin about it. Evil abounds. We need to act now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207August 28, 2019 2:20 PM

r143, don't Democrats always have to come and clean up Republican's messes?

by Anonymousreply 208August 28, 2019 2:33 PM

So Hot!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209August 28, 2019 2:52 PM

A quick update on the Whitehouse CFO I know. (like Melania knows a certain Dictator.) It seems he only lasted 17 months.

by Anonymousreply 210August 28, 2019 2:54 PM

"Just watched @FoxNews heavily promoting the Democrats through their DNC Communications Director, spewing out whatever she wanted with zero pushback by anchor, @SandraSmithFox. Terrible considering that Fox couldn’t even land a debate, the Dems give them NOTHING! @CNN & @MSNBC....," Trump tweeted before adding, "....are all in for the Open Border Socialists (or beyond). Fox hires “give Hillary the questions” @donnabrazile, Juan Williams and low ratings Shep Smith. HOPELESS & CLUELESS! They should go all the way LEFT and I will still find a way to Win - That’s what I do, Win. Too Bad!...."

He went on to say that, "The New @FoxNews is letting million of GREAT people down! We have to start looking for a new News Outlet," because "Fox News isn't working for us anymore!"

by Anonymousreply 211August 28, 2019 7:51 PM

lol is he going to start switching over to the lesser Fox channel, "One America News"? That one is just as bad

by Anonymousreply 212August 28, 2019 7:55 PM

The Hill:

For first time, more voters see economy fading than improving under Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213August 28, 2019 8:01 PM

Laurence ODonnell is walking back his report on the Russian oligarchs signing the loan doc. Says he shouldn't have reported it without verification. He will talk about it on his show tonight.

by Anonymousreply 214August 28, 2019 8:25 PM

Hes a coward r214....and thats the reason nobody has a clue about whats really happening...Trump and his minions threaten a lawsuit and the media or accuser backs down. Let Trump actually sue and produce documents through discovery if hes so innocent. There is a difference between a guarantor and a co-signer....Russians might not have "co-signed" any loans, but still could have guaranteed them. Lord knows the Russians were/are using Deutsche Bank as the cover for their money laundering operation. Discovery would have been able to show Russians guaranteed Trumps loans without actually assuming liability on the loan documents as a co-signer.

by Anonymousreply 215August 28, 2019 8:33 PM

Did Lawrence O’D have one of his infamous meltdowns when he heard that he’d have to walk that reporting back tonight?

I agree with R215. Stand behind it and make them sue msnbc.

by Anonymousreply 216August 28, 2019 9:21 PM

Foolish to report it in the first place and bad form. Now the source will hide and no one will get proof. Show the tax forms, the loan applications, the signatures or walk it back and retire for being a shrill, over the hill embarrassement to the profession. Damn.

by Anonymousreply 217August 28, 2019 9:50 PM

This is why , when Trump says it's Fake News, his supporters believe him. I do believe O'Donnell, but I wish he waited until he had more solid confirmation. It just makes him seem less than credible. Now he has to eat crow while Trump gloats. I know they all want to be the first with breaking news, but credibility is of upmost importance.

by Anonymousreply 218August 28, 2019 9:58 PM

Absolutely and essentially now, R218. Damn. I thought we had this motherf*****

by Anonymousreply 219August 28, 2019 10:00 PM

Maybe he's laying the groundwork for his post-presidential dream: The Trump TV Network.

God help us all.

by Anonymousreply 220August 28, 2019 10:26 PM

R197 I am not sure. I hear they all know, both sides, so much to the point many staffers, high up staffers, are out of the loop. They don't want leaks. Someone said on a show recently the GOP wants him to lose in 2020. They got their judges, or will, to shoot down any progressive initiative that comes along for decades. They don't need him now.

I believe O'Donnell. He has great sources.

His tweets are just- embarrassing, sad, cringe. This is a grown ass man? This is a President?

by Anonymousreply 221August 28, 2019 10:42 PM

That is exactly what he’s doing, R220.

by Anonymousreply 222August 28, 2019 10:42 PM

Yes r220, because what we've been going through for the last two and a half years isn't nearly as bad as another conservative TV news network.

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!?

And BTW, God ain't helping us, we're on our own.

by Anonymousreply 223August 28, 2019 10:43 PM

R218 unfortunately you are 100% right. It doesn't matter how many fucking lies the right wing nutjobs on Fox tell. They POUNCE on anything that is not 100% verified in the mainstream media. Look what they did during the discussion last year of whether Mueller was investigating Trump's finances. Now tonight or tomorrow on Fox all their major hosts will be pointing out the "fake liberal leftist mainstream media trying to smear Trump once again" and they'll role out a montage of stuff that has been mentioned but not verified or the stuff that wasn't totally right and got corrected. O'Donnell should have known better than him. Keep it quiet if it's not verified.

by Anonymousreply 224August 28, 2019 10:47 PM

Its all semantics....Trump says Russians didnt co-sign....but i bet they did guarantee the loans...same result, different method which gives Trump cover.

by Anonymousreply 225August 28, 2019 11:21 PM

r225, because in MONEY LAUNDERING, the crime is effectuated when the money changes hands.

Fraudulent loans were only the paper work for the crime.

What Larry O needs to find in all of the bank transactions is YUGE amounts of Russian Cash going into to Deutsche Bank and YUGE amounts of money delivered to Trump.

Wonder what the vig/fee Deutsche Bank collected.

by Anonymousreply 226August 28, 2019 11:28 PM

I've always found Lawrence to be the least credible host on MSNBC. Always so desperate for a scoop, anything to one-up Rachel Maddow. I hope he does a Peter Finch mid-hour and storms off the show.

by Anonymousreply 227August 28, 2019 11:45 PM

Read R178 to the tune of Rock Me Amadeus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228August 28, 2019 11:48 PM

I want Keith Olbermann back. He was fantastic. Too bad his temperament was poor.

by Anonymousreply 229August 28, 2019 11:49 PM

The thing with insecure frat boys who get/got everything from Daddy is they have a masculine need to prove they did it on their own. It’s why Trump always downplayed his inheritance, why after Fred helped bail out the Atlantic City casino DJT just let it crash, it’s why he’s disavowing Fox News and why he’ll eventually probably even turn on his supporters. Because he is a stable genius God who did it on his on, he’s a supreme being.

Trump has always imploded throughout every venture, building, show and relationship (except Ivanka). He has no loyalty and no control, give it time... he will wreck this. We’ll have to clean up the mess, but it will happen eventually.

by Anonymousreply 230August 29, 2019 12:33 AM

The logo will be gold.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231August 29, 2019 12:37 AM

R220 for the TRUMP NEWS NETWORK

by Anonymousreply 232August 29, 2019 12:38 AM

R220 you're right trump is so predictable - maybe he's planning on his news "channel" as his exit ramp... he can bloaviate all day long.

by Anonymousreply 233August 29, 2019 12:42 AM

He was planning his own news network before he won. It was going to be to the right of Foxxxx.

by Anonymousreply 234August 29, 2019 12:51 AM

Imagine how much different a position we'd be in today if even one of Trump's parents could have pretended to like him even a little bit.

by Anonymousreply 235August 29, 2019 12:53 AM

R235 No one is that good of an actor. No one.

by Anonymousreply 236August 29, 2019 1:09 AM

R220 - yep, exactly. Although I have to laugh because looking to start a new TV network in this day and age is hilariously inept. Even if it is also streamed, it's still so so behind the curve of the times. Not that I'm surprised, though.

by Anonymousreply 237August 29, 2019 1:11 AM

Diamond & Silk are doing a national "chit chat tour" in support of Trump. Who listens to these two? Are they suppose to rally black people to vote for Trump? How is this making a difference? Surely, it is not with educated voters.

by Anonymousreply 238August 29, 2019 1:12 AM

The Trump TV Network brought to you by Trump Guantanamo Bay Resort and Country Club.

by Anonymousreply 239August 29, 2019 1:13 AM

R238 I'm convinced they are holograms.

by Anonymousreply 240August 29, 2019 1:14 AM

R238 it’s not rally black or educated voters. They are used to makes racists feel good and to share their silly little YouTube vids to say “look, I like black people”

by Anonymousreply 241August 29, 2019 1:17 AM

FCI @ r240, they are House Negro grifters. If you go to the ticketing website, you will find that white people wishing to actually be in the room with a Black Female Trump Supporter, will pay dearly for the privilege.

by Anonymousreply 242August 29, 2019 1:17 AM

and Hannity is on the Lawrence O'Donnell thing right now. Not surprising. I knew he'd link it with a montage of what they call conspiracy theories and lies. So pathetic. This is why I'm pissed at O'Donnell. What he said about Trump's loans with oligarchs signing them is probably true but you have to have ti verified. It's irresponsible not to. It lets the real conspiracy theory assholes like Hannity gloat about the mainstream media spreading conspiracy theories and it reinforces the notion to Fox viewers that Fox is honest

the mainstream media also needs to do a better job of breaking down the bullshit that Fox spews but they don't. They think ignoring it is the right option. The problem is Trump and a lot of other repub politicians get on the Fox conspiracy theory train

by Anonymousreply 243August 29, 2019 1:23 AM

Trump looks like (present-day) Robert Plant in OP's pic.

by Anonymousreply 244August 29, 2019 1:25 AM

Where do you think diamonique and sulk would be if it wasn’t for this cushy Trump gig which they’ve made $$$$ off? They’d be greeters at walmart.

by Anonymousreply 245August 29, 2019 1:25 AM

Fuck of r244

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246August 29, 2019 1:28 AM

"Present day," Percy at R246. I've seen you in concert four times in the last four years, so I know what I'm talking about!

by Anonymousreply 247August 29, 2019 1:30 AM

Mitch McConnell has effectively shut down the Federal Election Commission (FEC), the agency that oversees and enforces our nation's campaign finance laws.

Since McConnell became the Senate majority leader in 2015, he's refused to confirm commissioners to fill vacancies on the FEC. As of yesterday, after a commissioner retired from the FEC, the commission no longer has enough members to reach a quorum, meaning it no longer has the power to enforce campaign finance laws ... or even meet to discuss them.

McConnell knows no shame—from shutting down the work of the FEC to stealing a U.S. Supreme Court seat to blocking legislation on issue after issue, including a House-passed bill to require background checks for gun purchases that's supported by more than 90% of voters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248August 29, 2019 1:59 AM

McConnell & Chao must think they will be taking all that sleazy money with them when they are greeted by the Devil.

by Anonymousreply 249August 29, 2019 2:23 AM

Washington Post:

Democrats alarmed by Trump’s promise of pardons to build border wall

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250August 29, 2019 2:26 AM

"when will it ever end"- His Dishonor tweeting about hurricanes and Puerto Rico. He probably believes that because PR is an island and it floats so they could just swim out of the way but don't.

by Anonymousreply 251August 29, 2019 2:36 AM

Could a president literally just say, "I pardon all white people in all federal prisons in the entire country." and have it followed? I mean, everyone talks about how unlimited this power is. He could get his army.

by Anonymousreply 252August 29, 2019 2:37 AM

R252 Why not? Do we even have a Constitution anymore?

Thanks, GOP. Fucking America since the late 1800's.

by Anonymousreply 253August 29, 2019 2:42 AM

The Hill:

Trump to participate in launch of US Space Command Thursday

Gen. John Raymond was confirmed as the commander of Space Command by the Senate in June.

The Space Command is viewed as a step toward the Space Force military branch, which would need congressional approval.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254August 29, 2019 2:47 AM

OMG, R254. This is the worst movie ever. Can someone turn it off? Please.

by Anonymousreply 255August 29, 2019 2:50 AM

"when will it ever end"

Isn't that what we have all been saying about his Presidency ever since he took office?

by Anonymousreply 256August 29, 2019 3:02 AM

R256 He does project all the time.......

When will the world be done with Conservatism? It doesn't work. Never has, never will. Brazil, USA, Russia, UK with Johnson, Somalia. Liberalism and Centrism are the only true, viable options in the world. They are the only options if we want issues actually solved in the interests of every day people.

by Anonymousreply 257August 29, 2019 3:09 AM

I'm doing my Christmas shopping early. Just ordered a dozen of these.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258August 29, 2019 3:26 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259August 29, 2019 8:40 AM

Rim de Poot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260August 29, 2019 8:44 AM

Мою киску нужно схватить, а Борис в последнее время бесполезен. Он отвлекается на нити римлинга.

by Anonymousreply 261August 29, 2019 10:07 AM

WTF, R161?

by Anonymousreply 262August 29, 2019 10:24 AM

It is something about Boris into rimming, and Natasha, Moose, & Squirrel are not happy about it.

by Anonymousreply 263August 29, 2019 3:42 PM

Does that qualify as wit r263?

by Anonymousreply 264August 29, 2019 3:44 PM

Washington Post:

Comey violated FBI policy in handling of memos detailing interactions with Trump, inspector general finds

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265August 29, 2019 3:50 PM

Doesn’t mean anything, policy is not the law, which is why the DOJ is not prosecuting.

by Anonymousreply 266August 29, 2019 4:02 PM

Graham gettin' all Nancy Drew. Bet he's got his flashlight and magnifying glass at the ready!

Graham joined Sean Hannity on Fox News on Wednesday night to say he was determined to get to the bottom of the launching of the Trump-Russia investigation, and that the “bottom line” for him was figuring out what Obama knew, when he knew it, and whom he learned it from.

“I can't imagine an investigation of the Republican nominee for president — a counterintelligence investigation of his campaign — was not approved at the highest level,” Graham said Wednesday night. “I cannot imagine it happening without somebody in the White House knowing about it."

by Anonymousreply 267August 29, 2019 4:09 PM

[quote] “I cannot imagine it happening without somebody in the White House knowing about it."

If you can imagine that people think that you're straight, you can imagine anything.

by Anonymousreply 268August 29, 2019 4:17 PM

Yes, I’m sure Graham loves to get to the BOTTOM of things.

by Anonymousreply 269August 29, 2019 4:22 PM

Yes, add the insane persecution of the Obamas with their book deal and the whole McConnell ducking his Constitutional duty and calling out the interference that our President received from the FBI and what?, Seventeen other intelligence agencies?

Yes, do uncover that bit of filth, Mr. Graham Crackers.

by Anonymousreply 270August 29, 2019 4:39 PM

Pardon me for not being more specific: s/b 'calling out the information regarding Russian interference that our President received....

McConnell is a traitor. You can say it about Ryan and his secret 'we're family' meetings, too, but not to the same degree.

by Anonymousreply 271August 29, 2019 4:42 PM

yeah it's perfectly OK for Trump to work with Russians during the campaign then demand Comey be loyal to him and ask that the Flynn investigation be dropped BUT IT'S SO WRONG AND ILLEGAL THAT COMEY LEAKED HIS MEMOS!1!1!1!1!1!

context matters and Horowitz seems like a protocol jerk. Yes Comey broke protocol but it was because of how troubling Trump's behavior was. The same right wing nutters who said because Trump's collusion didn't break the law everything's fine should say the same about Comey. Instead they're spinning it as "deep state is protecting yet another anti-Trumper from being rightfully prosecuted".

by Anonymousreply 272August 29, 2019 4:44 PM

Enjoy every day, every minute. These clowns have the red button, someone is playing a fiddle, and Sarah Fuckabee is somewhere singing.

by Anonymousreply 273August 29, 2019 6:03 PM

The Hill:

Trump allies blast Comey on Twitter after watchdog report

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274August 29, 2019 6:31 PM

Наташе нужен канадский лось с большими руками.

by Anonymousreply 275August 29, 2019 6:34 PM

David Frum:

This country has reached a pretty pass if a president cannot trust his FBI director not to go blabbing to the press when the president leans on him to go easy on senior national security officials corruptly compromised by foreign powers.

by Anonymousreply 276August 29, 2019 6:41 PM

NYT:

E.P.A. to Roll Back Regulations on Methane, a Potent Greenhouse Gas

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277August 29, 2019 6:42 PM

From the Examiner:

Kilmeade interviewed Trump on his radio show Thursday morning. The interview took place a day after the president slammed Donna Brazile, Juan Williams, Shep Smith, and Sandra Smith for her interview with Democratic National Committee communications director Xochitl Hinojosa on Twitter.

“I’m not happy with Fox,” Trump replied after Kilmeade asked him about the tweets. “Look, Sean and Laura and Tucker have really been good — well, Tucker is a little tricky but that’s ok. But he’s been very good. Many of them, you guys in the morning, Ainsley, and Steve and you — I used to say you, you were a solid 6, maybe a 7. But you’re getting much better.”

The Fox & Friends host pushed back on the president arguing that there was a time where "we'd disagree" and it wouldn't result in attacks.

“So I don’t understand,” he continued. “If Fox comes on and if somebody comes on and they’re critical of one thing about you. It never used to bother you like this. Now yesterday I read those tweets … I thought to myself what’s bothering you about it, because our channel prides itself on diversity and getting everybody in so you don’t have to flip around.”

Trump responded by shaming MSNBC and CNN for their coverage of him arguing that "they don't have diversity meaning my view, they never put my view on." He went on to claim that CNN is "begging me to do an interview" but he thinks "it would be disloyal to my followers."

Kilmeade then agreed that he doesn't think the president should do an interview with a different network.

by Anonymousreply 278August 29, 2019 6:55 PM

Miss Lindzey is all over Twitter. She wants to put Obama under oath. She's the darling of every talking bimbo and dick-twit in the broadcast media.

And what is Congress doing? They are on their fourth week of late summer frolicking with two more weeks to go. The Democratic opposition frankly is extraordinarily lazy and intimidated, wallowing in the multicultural agenda of the corporate globalists. No backbones! Moscow Mitch rules over all legislation and the stacking of the courts by right-wingers. Barr is dismantling the Constitution, letting Republican/Trump clan felons slide by, and trying to prosecute innocent political opponents and career employees that investigated Russian intrusion into the 2016 elections.

Just declare Trump fucking King, invite the Red Army in to conduct 2020 Trumpians coronations, wreck what's left of the environment, and drink to the end of times. It was a bad run anyway.

Democrats leading in the polls means nothing because Mitch, Trump, etc. Intend to cheat again with Putin's help. The sorry ass media wants the drama for ratings.

by Anonymousreply 279August 29, 2019 8:16 PM

LG is trouble for democracy. And LG took a huge amount of oligarch money for his PAC. Where's the investigation into LG, McConnell, and others feeding on the Putty teet?

And how were BK's gambling debts paid?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280August 29, 2019 10:17 PM

DAYUM LG went off the fucking rails! I cannot believe more people aren't pointing that out all the time. He has truly gone in 100% and it smells like he had a train of NFL linebackers fuck him without condoms after he'd had an all you can eat Golden Corral binge.

by Anonymousreply 281August 29, 2019 10:22 PM

the media really needs to keep giving Jamie Harrison a platform to speak to his state. He needs to unseat Lindsey

by Anonymousreply 282August 29, 2019 10:26 PM

ABC:

Fear and distrust: Latest immigration changes under Trump spark confusion

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283August 29, 2019 11:07 PM

Reuters:

House Democrats lose bid to fast-track Trump tax return lawsuit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284August 29, 2019 11:42 PM

CNN:

The new James Comey report proves whatever you want it to prove

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285August 29, 2019 11:57 PM

US News & World Report:

Republicans Vow to Oppose Efforts to Pack Supreme Court

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286August 30, 2019 12:00 AM

R286 he is truly one of sorryest piece of shit motherfuckers to ever walk the earth.

by Anonymousreply 287August 30, 2019 12:45 AM

Y'all know he is only going to get crazier. He is mentally deficient with no leash. I have to imagine the 25th is being discussed but the hold up is the Senate in 2020. You lose the base, you lose a shit ton of Senate seats.

It seems he and Boris Johnson (apt first name, eh?) are hell bent on destroying their respective countries.

by Anonymousreply 288August 30, 2019 1:00 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289August 30, 2019 1:24 AM

Today feels particularly awful.

by Anonymousreply 290August 30, 2019 1:25 AM

McConnell is truly 1 of the most sinister politicians in US history. He is filthy scum. I hope history books portray him as the evil super villain that he is

by Anonymousreply 291August 30, 2019 1:34 AM

Ooh gworl

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292August 30, 2019 1:34 AM

R292 her pussycat overdosed on mushrooms

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293August 30, 2019 2:27 AM

Well, at least someone is honest and accepts reality.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294August 30, 2019 2:29 AM

Another amateur.

When it's grabbed Madeleine, gotta smile.

And keep that hussy Lindsey from coming around. Send her to Pence's office when she does.

You don't accept competition.

by Anonymousreply 295August 30, 2019 2:45 AM

Can no one focus and articulate on the real issues- The GOP has been exposed to its core as entirely corrupt and devoid of any principles. They are all owned by big money and have sold out the entire country from the most rural to the most urban to them. This is the cause of every single problem we have.

China has made leaps and bounds with this thing in office.

by Anonymousreply 296August 30, 2019 2:54 AM

yeah, we can all focus on that real issue, R296, but the question is how to get rid of it. As you say, it ain't just Trump, it's all of them. Can we get rural America to stop caring about guns, gays, and god enough to recognize that Mitch McConnell is a complete POS and no Republican has done anything for any one of them, nothing real, in 50 years? I hope we can.

by Anonymousreply 297August 30, 2019 3:05 AM

R297 I do think we can. This has really exposed the GOP. The mask has slipped off. They are masters at the superficial- patriotism, the military, Christmas, all while giving not one damn about any of those things. But they sell it! Now, the jig is up for them.

He has REALLY fucked rural America. Did anyone read the USA Today article from yesterday about how Scott Walker's union busting has thoroughly fucked education in WI and the kicker is the hardest hit was rural WI. I think the Dems need to be honest with them and say we aren't going to agree on social issues but give us a chance on economics (where they actually would agree with our policies if they would get the propaganda out of their heads). We may have been given an opening with them. We flipped several rural districts in the midterms.

I've known the GOP was really awful for a long time but even I was a bit shocked at how complete the rot was.

by Anonymousreply 298August 30, 2019 3:13 AM

How do you get rid of "it"?

The next Democratic President needs to NOT make the mistakes that Ford made and especially the mistakes Obama made.

Ford made the mistake of pardoning Nixon and le lost his second term because of it. He was seen as weak.

Obama prevented W Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld from being tried for international war crimes. Because of this, Mitch McConnell and Birther Trump did everything to block his every initiative. McConnell and Trump saw him as weak.

The next Democratic President needs to have his AG convene a Special Prosecutor For Corruption. in Government who makes the Republican Party accountable for its actions. Start with Trey Gowdy and him tampering with Benghaziiiiii!!!!!! evidence.

Democrats should be relentless.

by Anonymousreply 299August 30, 2019 3:15 AM

R299 Part of the answer is to go after the power big money has. Kill that and you are more than half way there.

by Anonymousreply 300August 30, 2019 3:19 AM

Rural voters would vote themselves to be poor, homeless and begging for scraps in the street if it meant forcing women to have kids they don't want and giving assault rifles to wife beaters.

They are THAT goddamned dumb.

by Anonymousreply 301August 30, 2019 3:31 AM

so no hope, r301? That can't ever change? Maybe you're right. I hope not.

by Anonymousreply 302August 30, 2019 3:37 AM

R302 We only need a certain %. We don't need them all. Once the idiots start getting a taste of sweet liberal economics, maybe, just maybe, that will sway them but not until they are brought kicking and screaming. Think the ACA and how they now love it.

by Anonymousreply 303August 30, 2019 3:49 AM

Scott Walker carnage. Another GOP mess in rural America.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304August 30, 2019 3:53 AM

We need the black vote, and the brown vote. Hate to say it, as a white guy, but the white vote is so damn fucking stupid. It's lost. maybe another generation, but at any rate for now it's mostly lost.

by Anonymousreply 305August 30, 2019 3:57 AM

As a reminder, this week marks the fifth anniversary of the media and GOP politicians losing their fucking minds over Obama wearing a tan suit in August.

We were so innocent back then.

by Anonymousreply 306August 30, 2019 3:59 AM

R305 It's not. As the younger whites vote more, Gen X has been holding us up on the Dem side as the Boomers betrayed us. Younger whites are more liberal and not as tribal. I worry about the brown vote. Too many of them vote for THIS president when he clearly hates them and has put them in danger.

by Anonymousreply 307August 30, 2019 4:00 AM

Nothing more unpresidential than a tan suit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308August 30, 2019 4:50 AM

The group of voters that is the problem aren't brown or black or white. They are male.

by Anonymousreply 309August 30, 2019 5:58 AM

Given more and more exposure, Fox contributors and Trump campaign operatives, Diamond & Silk, in a video, rage against Corey Booker's plans to focus on hate crime and lynching policies.

Pathetic? Absurd? Desperation?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310August 30, 2019 9:37 AM

TRump’s Executive Assistant, who sits tight outside his door, was fired because she revealed too much information about the functioning of the Oval Office and First Family.

Did she slip up by telling journalists about late day “medication sessions” of a (“sniff sniff”) pajama wearing President?

Reputable news outlets generally won’t run stories without proof or confirmation - but if someone in the know first spills the beans; alerted reporters start hunting down that second source.

by Anonymousreply 311August 30, 2019 10:52 AM

“tight” = “right”

by Anonymousreply 312August 30, 2019 10:55 AM

My goodness, Newt Gingrich has gotten super fat like Bill Barr. What are these elder-GOPers eating?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313August 30, 2019 11:03 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314August 30, 2019 12:59 PM

Trump caving to Graham? That's a new one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315August 30, 2019 2:56 PM

[quote]What are these elder-GOPers eating?

Their grandchildren.

by Anonymousreply 316August 30, 2019 3:08 PM

What sweet irony after his PR rant, if the place should get swamped, properly that is. It already battles gaping sinkholes opening up radomly. And I'm not talking about the weekend visits by the human blowhard.

by Anonymousreply 317August 30, 2019 3:10 PM

There's more than just snark in that comment, R216. Those fuckers are playing around as if they know there is no future for their children.

by Anonymousreply 318August 30, 2019 3:11 PM

Sorry, R216, that would be for R316.

by Anonymousreply 319August 30, 2019 4:11 PM

From the Examiner:

After President Trump tweeted, "Perhaps never in the history of our Country has someone been more thoroughly disgraced and excoriated than James Comey in the just released Inspector General’s Report," Brennan responded by saying Comey "is far more decent, ethical, honest, competent, & patriotic than you could ever hope to be" and "It is only because Attorney General William Barr and Senate Republicans that he is not in a world of "trouble & hurt. But their protective cocoon is only temporary..."

by Anonymousreply 320August 30, 2019 4:13 PM

AP:

Trump eyes mental institutions as answer to gun violence

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321August 30, 2019 4:32 PM

Politico:

Trump praises Bill Barr after IG report scolds Comey

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322August 30, 2019 4:38 PM

CNN:

Madeleine Westerhout, Trump's gatekeeper, was known for her loyalty — until she was pushed out

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323August 30, 2019 4:41 PM

They should be kissing Comey's stupid ass.

by Anonymousreply 324August 30, 2019 5:35 PM

CNBC:

Feds say Michael Flynn is ready for sentencing, but his lawyers want another delay

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325August 30, 2019 5:54 PM

From Twitter:

[quote]Michael Cohen’s legal victory over Donald Trump in Thursday’s NY State Supreme Court decision. Cohen can subpoena Trump to testify to prove case that Trump owes him legal fees - if Trump refuses, Cohen can obtain “default judgment” and seize Trump assets to pay off debt.[/quote]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326August 30, 2019 5:57 PM

R326 a small win

by Anonymousreply 327August 30, 2019 6:08 PM

NYT:

Poland Had the Royal Castle Ready. Then Trump Canceled His Trip.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328August 30, 2019 8:52 PM

The Hill:

GOP voters overwhelmingly want Pence on 2020 ticket with Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329August 30, 2019 8:54 PM

Business Insider: Trump suggests companies complaining about tariffs are badly run

"Badly run and weak companies are smartly blaming these small Tariffs instead of themselves for bad management...and who can really blame them for doing that? Excuses!" the president wrote on Twitter, without elaborating.

The White House did not immediately respond to an email requesting clarification.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330August 30, 2019 9:04 PM

I can see an article about Trump in the near future starting out with “It all began with Dorian...”

by Anonymousreply 331August 30, 2019 9:33 PM

How about "Dorian swept in and....."

by Anonymousreply 332August 30, 2019 9:41 PM

If the Hurricane hits MarALago you can bet an insurance claim scam will be done

by Anonymousreply 333August 30, 2019 10:18 PM

R301 is a QAnon believer posting all kinds of Pizzagate Hillary crap all over the DL.

by Anonymousreply 334August 30, 2019 10:25 PM

R330 If there is one thing the Mango Moron is actually an expert in, it’s badly run and weak companies. He’s had a lot of experience in those.

by Anonymousreply 335August 30, 2019 10:28 PM

AP: President's ex-lawyer Michael Cohen loses round in fee fight

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336August 30, 2019 11:11 PM

In totally unsurprising news......

How the Trump administration limited the scope of the USDA’s 2020 dietary guidelines

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337August 30, 2019 11:17 PM

The Hill:

Trump: Fired aide made comments about children

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338August 30, 2019 11:31 PM

Since JaVanka failed miserably in their attempt to replace Pence with Nikki Haley, I wonder if Pence's team will try to retaliate.

by Anonymousreply 339August 30, 2019 11:36 PM

Someone should really send Trumpie a link to one of the DL threads about Tiffany.

by Anonymousreply 340August 30, 2019 11:36 PM

ABC:

Firm tied to top Trump aide has side deal with pro-Trump super PAC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341August 30, 2019 11:55 PM

Newsweek:

Fox News' Jeanine Pirro Claims Democrats Plotting to 'Replace American Citizens With Illegals'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342August 30, 2019 11:59 PM

Full on replacement theory r342. This is some neo-nazi shit. These people aren't even trying to hide it any more. Jeanine Pirro is a Nazi. She just announced it.

by Anonymousreply 343August 31, 2019 1:00 AM

Earlier today, Trump raised his game by tweeting out a classified image about an explosion in Iran.

Btw, there's good news at R341: Trump's associates are probably syphoning funds from his re-election campaign.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344August 31, 2019 3:34 AM

cool, r344. Everyone who can steal from Trump should. It's the most moral kind of stealing you can do.

by Anonymousreply 345August 31, 2019 3:36 AM

Even Jeannine Cunt Pirro can't be that crazy! (or can she?)

by Anonymousreply 346August 31, 2019 4:17 AM

NYT: President Trump has portrayed America’s cities as wastelands, ravaged by crime and homelessness, infested by rats.

But the Trump administration’s signature plan to lift them — a multibillion-dollar tax break that is supposed to help low-income areas — has fueled a wave of developments financed by and built for the wealthiest Americans.

Among the early beneficiaries of the tax incentive are billionaire financiers like Leon Cooperman and business magnates like Sidney Kohl — and Mr. Trump’s family members and advisers, including Chris Christie, Anthony Scaramucci and the family of Jared Kushner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347August 31, 2019 1:15 PM

The NYT article is hidden behind a paywall. What's wrong with opportunity zones?

by Anonymousreply 348August 31, 2019 2:38 PM

Yup, anything "financed by tax cuts" is bullshit , of by and for rich people. If you want to help anyone else, fuck the tax incentives bullshit and just hand out the money.

by Anonymousreply 349August 31, 2019 2:40 PM

Because they just have to build in them. They don't have to build for lower- and middle-income types.

Enter the luxury condos.

by Anonymousreply 350August 31, 2019 2:40 PM

So the problem isn't the tax break. The problem is gentrification.

by Anonymousreply 351August 31, 2019 2:59 PM

The problem is the rich and the need to constantly serve their mindless "needs" R351

by Anonymousreply 352August 31, 2019 3:04 PM

R351, but gentrification does not need government assistance.

by Anonymousreply 353August 31, 2019 3:11 PM

no but as long as the rich own the government they will get all the government assistance they want. What we need is a serious wealth tax. Make all the money you want. Do your financial and legal and corporate bullshit, but we, the people, will take a goddamn cut of the action, and we will use it for shit that actually matters.

by Anonymousreply 354August 31, 2019 3:14 PM

I don't see how opportunity zones are much different than offering Amazon a gazillion in tax breaks to move to NYC, or my city regularly offering 10-yr tax abatements to people and companies who move there. The principle is the same - offer tax breaks in exchange for development.

by Anonymousreply 355August 31, 2019 3:15 PM

or you could just use the ridiculous amounts of money you lose through tax breaks to actually provide the development directly. Stop thinking that giving money to rich people is a necessary precondition to doing anything else.

by Anonymousreply 356August 31, 2019 3:20 PM

Jobs are different than luxury apartments.

by Anonymousreply 357August 31, 2019 3:26 PM

Assuming the luxury apartments are all filled with people who can afford them - that brings people to shop in the local grocery store, have coffee at the local coffee shop, order pizza from the local pizza joint, get their dry-cleaning done at the local cleaners, etc... Theoretically, it's building a thriving economy in the local area.

by Anonymousreply 358August 31, 2019 3:32 PM

theoretically, the local government could then build the luxury apartments themselves, collect the overpriced rent from the wealthy people that live there, and use those revenues for the greater good. Giving money to rich developers as step one may actually be an unnecessary step.

by Anonymousreply 359August 31, 2019 3:34 PM

I don't know how many local governments could afford to build luxury homes without issuing bonds (debt), and I don't know how many local governments have the expertise to personally oversee the construction of such homes without hiring an experienced developer, who would want a slice of the pie. And if it's apartments, the local government would have to hire someone to run the building, who would have to be paid. After paying off the management company, the builder and the bond-holders, and yes, the taxes, how much is left of the over-priced rent? Oh I forgot the insurance - have to guard against slip and fall, etc.... And regular maintenance - have to keep those rich tenants happy. Now how much of the over-priced rent is left?

If you are a city like Camden NJ - nationally known for your murder rate - how do you attract developers? How do you increase your tax base so that you bring in enough money to help the poor, the elderly, etc...?

by Anonymousreply 360August 31, 2019 3:50 PM

You don't do it through tax cuts, r360. If people aren't developing in Camden it is, as you say, the murder rate. (Actually I suspect they are developing in parts.) You tax the wealthy parts and increase the police presence in the killing zones. Also you probably change the moronic drug policies, but that is a separate issue.

If you want to give money or services to poor people, give it. If you want to take money from rich people, take it. Finagling with the tax code and creating elaborate incentive structures, just leads to the kind of bullshit described in r347 article.

by Anonymousreply 361August 31, 2019 3:56 PM

The Hill:

Trump: 'Top shows' on Fox News, cable are 'fair or great' to me

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362August 31, 2019 4:02 PM

Business Insider:

Trump says it 'shouldn't be too bad' if someone hacks his Twitter account because 'they're not going to learn too much'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363August 31, 2019 4:05 PM

I don't think it's known nationally, but Camden is actually improving, because they reset their entire police force and used tax incentives to lure businesses. I don't know that Camden actually has a rich part to tax - but with gentrification, they may be able to build up a rich part. But gentrification takes development, and development takes money. Money can go to any city it wants - if it doesn't choose Camden, then Camden doesn't increase its tax base. Without more money, city services can't improve. Whether those city services are currently sufficient is a question for those who actually live in Camden.

by Anonymousreply 364August 31, 2019 4:13 PM

And I think that whole game is a massive loser for cities and other local government. If people see untapped opportunities in some city or neighborhood, they'll move in. It ain't about some tax finagling. It is about something else. If you're a poor washed up area, saying hey, come here cause we offer incentives won't do anything but attract scammers. Nobody's a bigger welfare scam artist than the average Fortune 500 Company. Tax the rich, feed the poor, locally, statewide, nationally.

Not sure what reseting the police force means exactly, but I suspect it was a good idea. Especially if it means make the police less of a violent and corrupt invading army.

by Anonymousreply 365August 31, 2019 4:19 PM

Resetting the police means that they fired the entire city police department. Now Camden is policed by the county force. Crime rates have been improving.

by Anonymousreply 366August 31, 2019 4:29 PM

Trump trails Democrats by a historically large margin.

Can we expect another Trump twitter meltdown?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367August 31, 2019 6:02 PM

Still 14 months to go. Eye on the Prize.

by Anonymousreply 368August 31, 2019 6:08 PM

you can see repub strategy at work. They are already planting the seed to counter Trump's constant lying and ignorance by painting the "Biden is senile" narrative. The story this week of him conflating a few stories into 1 is letting them do that.

Warren is their "socialist Pocahontas" and they're hoping that misogyny and fear of big change would stop her from winning.

Sanders is of course also labeled a socialist but not sure what else they're saying about him

I don't know their strategy against Harris but I'm sure they'll delve into her past romantic relationships as if Trump isn't the most controversial figure ever

I think what the repubs are going to do is an 'on-steroids" version of 2016. They're going to try and make whoever the final Democratic candidate is as unfavorable with the public as Trump is and then just hope things break his way again (of course with cheating via Russians, voter suppression etc). They know Trump is not going to suddenly become much more popular with most of the voting public so their only shot is to completely lie and trash his opponents.

by Anonymousreply 369August 31, 2019 6:11 PM

AP:

GOP shifts focus to House Dem 'squad' in campaign attacks

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370August 31, 2019 7:33 PM

[quote]What's wrong with opportunity zones?

Opportunity zones are sold as an incentive to invest wealth in distressed areas. That isn't what's happening, according to the Times:

"Mr. Scaramucci’s development in New Orleans offers a portrait of how the tax break works. His investment company, SkyBridge Capital, is using the so-called opportunity zone initiative to help build a hotel, outfitted with an opulent restaurant and a rooftop pool, in the city’s trendy Warehouse District.

The tax benefit also is helping finance the construction of a 46-story, glass-wrapped apartment tower — amenities include a yoga lawn and a pool surrounded by cabanas and daybeds — in a Houston neighborhood already brimming with new projects aimed at the wealthy.

And in Miami’s hot Design District, where commercial real estate prices have nearly tripled in the last decade, the tax break is set to be used for a ritzy new office tower with a landscaped roof terrace."

by Anonymousreply 371August 31, 2019 7:38 PM

To the idiot defending the money giveaway to the rich in order to make themselves richer, this is nothing more than a different version of trickle-down economics. It never, ever, ever does anything except make rich people richer.

by Anonymousreply 372August 31, 2019 7:41 PM

Politico:

Trump stresses legal actions over confidentiality in wake of Westerhout firing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373August 31, 2019 7:41 PM

SA Express News:

Trump administration schedules to build wall

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374August 31, 2019 7:45 PM

R374 fucking infuriating. I WILL NEVER EVER VOTE FOR ANY REPUB AS LONG AS I LIVE

Trump wouldn't be able to get away with what he does if others stopped him. Is there no legal challenge to this wall thing in protected wildlife refuge?

by Anonymousreply 375August 31, 2019 8:01 PM

Trump is truly, as Omarosa said, UNHINGED.

by Anonymousreply 376August 31, 2019 8:31 PM

From this article, "Madeleine Westerhout, who left her White House job suddenly on Thursday as President Trump’s personal assistant, was fired after bragging to reporters that she had a better relationship with Trump than his own daughters, Ivanka and Tiffany Trump, and that the president did not like being in pictures with Tiffany because he perceived her as overweight."

She was fired for telling the truth. I have no sympathy for her though, the article also states: "Westerhout, 28, was a key gatekeeper for the president, screening his official calls and controlling the access of outside advisers. In February, she blasted an unknown person who leaked three months of his calendars to the press. “What these don’t show are the hundreds of calls and meetings @realDonaldTrump takes everyday,” Westerhout tweeted at the time. “This POTUS is working harder for the American people than anyone in recent history.”

Bull shit. Works harder than people know to UNDO all the excellent accomplishments of the previous administration and environmental protections of ALL previous administrations.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377August 31, 2019 8:47 PM

'Mother Huck' doesn't like Antonio Sabato Jr. being dissed because of his support of Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378August 31, 2019 9:14 PM

#371.. isn't it "interesting'that the "mooch" (who is a mooch) has his own development/investment company" that can afford to do any and all of this? who knew a law degree from anywhere could do that?!..

by Anonymousreply 379August 31, 2019 9:19 PM

Moscow McTurtle must go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380August 31, 2019 9:19 PM

Omarosa has been a disappointment. Where are the tapes? This would be a good time to leak the tape of Trump threatening to nuke a hurricane.

by Anonymousreply 381August 31, 2019 9:40 PM

Fabulous, r378!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382August 31, 2019 9:44 PM

R382 Fuck you! Now I have to see that image in my head all day!

by Anonymousreply 383August 31, 2019 9:50 PM

McConnell, Barr, Miller, Kavanaugh.

These must be the first to go.

Unseat the GOP strongholds.

They must not only be removed from their positions of destructive authority, but incarcerated.

Go after them fast and hard - the Democrats must be relentless.

Tax evasion, treason - anything that can be substantiated that will get them gone.

They are the bayonet and the safety net for Trump and the GOP.

Annihilate them, dismantle the rest.

by Anonymousreply 384August 31, 2019 10:29 PM

Church Sign

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385September 1, 2019 12:31 AM

Trump reads to the little children.

Pictorial from his base supporters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386September 1, 2019 12:54 AM

NYT:

How a Trump Tax Break to Help Poor Communities Became a Bonanza for the Rich

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387September 1, 2019 2:48 AM

The Hill:

Trump lashes out at former intel officials for criticism of Iran tweet

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388September 1, 2019 2:50 AM

R386 I think they are looking at Melania's snatch by the looks on their faces.......

by Anonymousreply 389September 1, 2019 6:14 AM

trump is one ugly son of a bitch, inside and out

by Anonymousreply 390September 1, 2019 6:21 AM

What I don't understand is why Trump suddenly paid attention to a briefing.

by Anonymousreply 391September 1, 2019 7:53 AM

So Melania doesn't live in the WH. She lives with her parents in MD with Barron close to Barron's school?

She really isn't the FLOTUS, just Trumps third wife hiding out with with her parents till, what, he goes to jail and she divorces him?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392September 1, 2019 8:02 AM

Melania may be hoping he has a stroke. I don't think she'll divorce him at this point. He would probably find a way to have her parent deported if she did divorce him, even if they are citizens now.

by Anonymousreply 393September 1, 2019 8:15 AM

If she divorces him, he'll disclose that she has an IQ of 76 and the Einstein Visa documents were all fabricated. Then she'll retaliate and will say she sucked on his toes and her tongue X scan proves he has no bone spurs. Good times ahead for the MSM!

by Anonymousreply 394September 1, 2019 9:25 AM

Diamond & Silk in a tissy fit..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395September 1, 2019 1:51 PM

At this point I doubt that Trump or the criminal, Jared will ever be procesacuted. The Dems will never follow through. That makes me really sad. Trump has done so much damage to our country. His racism and ignorance has destroyed us.

by Anonymousreply 396September 1, 2019 2:03 PM

The racism and ignorance of a small fingered thug and vulgar demon cannot destroy me, R396. Get a grip.

by Anonymousreply 397September 1, 2019 3:19 PM

There was a picture, r391.

Otherwise, Charlie Brown's teacher noise.

by Anonymousreply 398September 1, 2019 6:05 PM

NBC: Trump downplays background checks push after Odessa mass shooting

"Over the last five, six, or seven years, no matter how strong you need the background checks, it wouldn't have stopped any of it," he claimed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399September 1, 2019 9:33 PM

NBC: 2020 Senate map becomes less certain for GOP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400September 1, 2019 9:36 PM

CNN: Trump doesn't think he's 'ever even heard of a Category five' hurricane. Four have threatened the US since he took office

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401September 1, 2019 9:38 PM

R401 He's a Category 5 President.

by Anonymousreply 402September 1, 2019 9:40 PM

The Hill:

Giuliani claims Comey tried to 'frame' Trump after IG report

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403September 1, 2019 9:43 PM

R400, the vulnerable Democratic seats in that article are such bullshit. It's more of the media trying to build a narrative to cover all outcomes so they won't be "wrong". The problem with them doing that is that it sets up the narrative for the cover-up of blatantly criminal cheating. "Well, see, it is really strange that the Republicans held the Senate but, ya know, we never said blahblahblah..."

by Anonymousreply 404September 1, 2019 11:23 PM

Tina Smith just won the rest of the term in 2018 by an overwhelming margin.

by Anonymousreply 405September 1, 2019 11:26 PM

#399. why have drunk driving laws since you know people are going to drink and drive anyway and they'll still be accidents, injuries and deaths! PARDON MY LANGUAGE HERE BUT WHAT A GOD DAMN MORON THAT THING IN THE WHITE HOUSE IS! gillebrand was so right, that the day he is out of there, the whole place will have to be disinfected!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 406September 1, 2019 11:28 PM

Remember:77,744. that's how many votes were stolen. Scott Walker was never going to let Hillary win Wisconsin. Comey did Trump a huge favor confirmed independently by statistcal analysts, by tightening up the race. The legitimate Intelligence community reports that Russians hacked into the voting systems in all 50 states. Do you really think they did that just for shits and giggles? No. They did it to assure the outcome they wanted.

by Anonymousreply 407September 2, 2019 12:38 AM

#407.. and that is why i refuse to believe that every single poll nationwide and state by state, whether newspaper, radio, whatever form of media, from repub, democrat, independent sources, that ALL OF THEM, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM WHO ALL PREDICTED CLINTON WOULD WIN WERE ALL WRONG? ALL OF THEM? IN THE FIRST TIME IN HISTORY!.. if the russians meddled, indeed why wouldn't they vote tamper if they could get away with it all?!..

in closing, why hasn't there been a HUGE HUGE OUTCRY ON THIS VOTER ELECTION MACHINE FRAUD!.. THE DEMOCRATS SHOULD HAVE BEEN SCREAMING FROM THE MOUNTAIN TOP 24/7 FOR QUITE SOME TIME NOW!..

by Anonymousreply 408September 2, 2019 1:25 AM

JUST OUT OF CURIOSITY without doing (or wanting!) to do a google search, what EXACTLY are the qualifications, experience and education for this pair diamond and silk to have ANY VOICE FOR ANYTHING ANYWHERE?...

by Anonymousreply 409September 2, 2019 1:28 AM

Washington Post:

Trump’s lost summer: Aides claim victory, but others see incompetence and intolerance

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410September 2, 2019 1:55 AM

R408 r406 et al. could you please switch out an r for your use of the #?

Does anyone have the the link to the old newbie-post thread?

by Anonymousreply 411September 2, 2019 1:58 AM

R411, I think THAT POSTER has problems MUCH MORE SEVERE than not knowing they need to put an "R" before the reply.

Poster under discussion: Please STEP BACK and LOOK AT YOUR ODD USE OF CAPITALS. You SeEm LiKE a LooN.

by Anonymousreply 412September 2, 2019 2:08 AM

R409, it is a phenomenon called "Uncle Tom", and because Diamond and Silk were willing, they were given a platform. Being willing to sell out their race and sex was their only qualification.

by Anonymousreply 413September 2, 2019 2:57 AM

The Examiner:

Smithsonian secretary: Trump 'did not want to see anything difficult' during tour of African American History Museum

The Washington Post reported that Trump requested a private visit of the museum on the holiday honoring the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. just before taking office in 2017.

"The notion that we could shut out visitors on the first King holiday since the opening of the museum was not something I could accept," said Bunch, who served as the museum's founding director from 2005 until his new appointment as the Smithsonian's secretary in June.

Bunch noted that Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Ben Carson, South Carolina Republican Sen. Tim Scott, and King's niece Alveda King joined Trump on the tour. Bunch said he hoped the visit "would contribute to a broader understanding of race relations in America."

Trump's aides reportedly informed Bunch before his arrival that the president-elect "was in a foul mood and that he did not want to see anything ‘difficult,’" Bunch wrote.

"It was not my job to make the rough edges of history smooth, even for the president," he said.

Later during the visit, Bunch observed Trump pausing in front of an exhibit that explained the integral part the Dutch played in the slave trade.

"As he pondered the label I felt that maybe he was paying attention to the work of the museum," Bunch noted. "He quickly proved me wrong. As he turned from the display he said to me, ‘You know, they love me in the Netherlands.’ All I could say was let’s continue walking."

Bunch expressed his dismay at what he described as the lack of empathy Trump showed on the tour. He said he was disappointed that he was not successful in improving the president-elect's views on the history of slavery.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414September 2, 2019 2:04 PM

Trump has no empathy for anybody or anything besides himself.

He's a sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 415September 2, 2019 2:09 PM

R414, among other things.

If I hear one more deplorable boast "he's just like us" then I will respond "oh, so you're a lying conman sociopath who locks little children up in cages, wants to fuck your daughter, steals whatever isn't nailed down and a traitor to your country? Thanks for letting me know" while I walk away briskly.

by Anonymousreply 416September 2, 2019 2:27 PM

I hate him

by Anonymousreply 417September 2, 2019 2:36 PM

Trump went on another Twitter binge this morning. Someone must have shown him the latest poll numbers where he's losing at historic levels.

by Anonymousreply 418September 2, 2019 2:40 PM

R417, Me too. I have never hated anyone so much in my life.

by Anonymousreply 419September 2, 2019 2:40 PM

If the Republican donors want to replace Trump on the ballot, they are running out of time. I suspect that many were resigned to having Joe Biden as president - he wouldn't have been their first choice, but he was a known entity that they could cope with. Now that Trump's polling is showing him losing at historic levels, and Biden is showing his frailty as a candidate, the Republican donors should be freaking out. Tick Tock.

by Anonymousreply 420September 2, 2019 3:11 PM

[quote]Graham took a total of $319,000 in checks from PACs that included industry giants like Pfizer, Home Depot and Amazon. The American Association for Justice’s PAC was among Graham’s top bundlers, raising $60,450 for his campaign. Tens of thousands of dollars went into Graham’s campaign between April and June via so-called “bundlers” — Republican supporters who collect money from other donors on a candidate’s behalf and contribute the cash in one lump sum.

The "Concerned and Fiddle-dee-dee Tour"

[quote]Those committees often are created to facilitate one or many major fundraisers, as was the case with the one Graham established earlier this year with Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine) another incumbent up for re-election in 2020. According to a source familiar with Graham’s campaign, Collins and Graham joined forces so that both lawmakers could attend the same event to save time for the benefit of a major fundraiser who wanted to raise money for both candidates. The pairing makes sense, however, as both candidates played pivotal roles in the confirmation of then-embattled Supreme Court Justice nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421September 2, 2019 3:14 PM

Pfizer, Amazon, and Home Depot execs are being very gentlemanly to Lindsey.

by Anonymousreply 422September 2, 2019 3:22 PM

#416... don't forget the OBVIOUS INSANITY of his supporters (he's just like me!) mindset "oh your a new york real estate developer who was born wealthy and born on 3rd base who is a numerous married how many times, numerous times adulterer, paying off a porn star, more failures then success in business ventures, documented pathological liar and reality tv show host who hobnobbed with celebrities and appeared in b movies and tv shows ( you know he's not one of those evil out of touch hollywood elites asinine arguments that he REEKS OF!)....

by Anonymousreply 423September 2, 2019 3:32 PM

Every day I hope he dies.

by Anonymousreply 424September 2, 2019 4:05 PM

I know it's a terrible thing to wish on someone, R424, but I can't help thinking the same thing. I really do hold him accountable for all the innocent lives lost to these mass shootings that he doesn't seem to give a damn about while he plays golf. It is for them that I shed many tears for. Trump? Well, I'll dance the night away in celebration when he's gone.

by Anonymousreply 425September 2, 2019 4:13 PM

I hope he suffers a massive stroke and lingers on for years, imprisoned by his bloated body.

by Anonymousreply 426September 2, 2019 4:13 PM

I don't care how, I just want him gone.

by Anonymousreply 427September 2, 2019 5:23 PM

[quote]I hope he suffers a massive stroke and lingers on for years, imprisoned by his bloated body.

He is in perfect health and weighs a svelte 175 pounds! Oh, and he doesn’t snort Adderall.

by Anonymousreply 428September 2, 2019 5:27 PM

[quote]Thanks for letting me know" while I walk away briskly.

Pics please r416, of your brisk walk.

by Anonymousreply 429September 2, 2019 7:52 PM

Business Insider:

The photo Trump tweeted out from a classified briefing likely came from one of the US's most secretive spy satellites

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430September 2, 2019 8:53 PM

TIME:

President Trump Seen at the Golf Course While Hurricane Dorian Approaches the U.S.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431September 2, 2019 8:55 PM

Daily Beast's Sam Stein:

You would think the opposition party would have a field day with a president cancelling a trip to commemorate WWII so he could monitor a hurricane only to then be spotted playing golf two days in a row at his personal club. But I can’t even recall seeing one Dem take a whack.

by Anonymousreply 432September 2, 2019 9:01 PM

Why would anyone bother, R432? Everyone knows he doesn’t care about anyone but himself.

by Anonymousreply 433September 2, 2019 9:04 PM

[quote]The photo Trump tweeted out from a classified briefing likely came from one of the US's most secretive spy satellites.

Public Enemy Number One

by Anonymousreply 434September 2, 2019 9:15 PM

Trying to putTrump away seems like a lost cause. Any reasonable human would have already resigned in embarrassment. Trump has shown himself to be an immoral idiot but never a quitter

by Anonymousreply 435September 2, 2019 9:29 PM

Any Democrat who went after Trump for golfing after cancelling his trip while a hurricane approaches America would quickly be taken to task by the media and the entire GOP, with identical talking points in hand, for daring to point out the truth because that truth just isn't truth-y enough and the entire story would be turned into an attack on Obama. This world is like bizarroworld anymore.

by Anonymousreply 436September 2, 2019 11:55 PM

Trump works at his golf courses. That's where he frequently engages Miz Lindz to discuss matter of state.

by Anonymousreply 437September 3, 2019 1:01 AM

Washington Post:

Congressional Democrats plan to launch inquiry into Trump’s alleged role in scheme to silence affair accusations

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438September 3, 2019 1:07 AM

R438 House Democrats should have started bringing in women with sexually related complaints against Trump sooner.

People would watch.

Jim Jordan. Mat Gaetz, Gohmert, Collins, etc. think they will be able to get away with harassing and attacking Stormy Daniels at a hearing? That will backfire on them bigtime.

Bring in woman after woman whose had their pussy grabbed.

Russian collusion ain't bringing him down. Porn Stars and Playboy bunnies can. Get some of those Epstein girls that encountered Trump to speak. They are out there.

by Anonymousreply 439September 3, 2019 1:36 AM

Congress needs to grill David Pecker. Lindsey knows Pecker.

by Anonymousreply 440September 3, 2019 1:47 AM

R440 Miss Lindzee prefers to get drilled by pecker.

by Anonymousreply 441September 3, 2019 2:07 AM

It makes sense R439. The "Christian" right has stood by him through everything - but drew the line at him saying "god dammit". You splay his sex life about, and they will probably be up in arms.

Ironically, I could not care less about his sex life. It's between him and his wife and partners. But the coverups/payoffs about it, sure. That's fair game.

by Anonymousreply 442September 3, 2019 3:05 AM

R442, nope. The bullshit narrative the hypocritical evangelicals pull out of their asses when it comes to all these sexual incidents is that those are in the past and he has now changed and is reborn into the second coming. They will explain it all away.

by Anonymousreply 443September 3, 2019 5:05 AM

Evangelicals are a bunch of perverts anyway. Misogynistic and sexist. They're as kinky as trump, but in an icky creepy twisted religious way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444September 3, 2019 5:32 AM

R439, Stormy Daniels is the only person who the Democrats can get to cooperate with them. It's not the investigation I was hoping for, but whatever it takes, I'm all in.

by Anonymousreply 445September 3, 2019 12:21 PM

Speaking of evangelicals:

Vice President Mike Pence is staying at a Trump resort during an official trip to Ireland even though it is roughly 180 miles away from Dublin, where he is participating in meetings.

Pence stayed at Trump International Golf Links & Hotel in Doonbeg, which is on the coast of western Ireland, on Monday and traveled by plane to Dublin for official meetings on Tuesday. He will travel back to Doonbeg following meetings in Dublin.

by Anonymousreply 446September 3, 2019 12:29 PM

EVANGELICALS ONLY CARE ABOUT WHAT TRUMP SAYS THAT THEY LIKE, NOT WHAT HE DOES.. IN THE END IT ALL BOILS DOWN TO 1 THING AND 1 THING ONLY FOR THEIR FERVOR SUPPORT OF HIM AND THAT IS "PRO-LIFE".. THAT'S IT! THAT'S ALL THEY GOT FOLKS!..

by Anonymousreply 447September 3, 2019 1:47 PM

Is pence allowed to meet with the gay irish pm aline or does mother need to be there. You know - temptation

by Anonymousreply 448September 3, 2019 2:32 PM

AP:

Pence aide defends stay at Trump property in Ireland

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449September 3, 2019 3:03 PM

Politico:

Democrats' messy impeachment push hits critical phase

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 450September 3, 2019 3:05 PM

The Hill:

Trump allies aim to raise $2 million to investigate reporters, editors: Axios

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 451September 3, 2019 3:16 PM

Trump insists meteorologists are wrong and he is right to say Hurricane Dorian could have hit Alabama

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452September 3, 2019 3:22 PM

Evangelicals and other mostly small town and interior rural voters, listen to Fox News, right-wing talk radio, and those televangelist preachers begging for money. Many of their own congregations are led by right-wing preachers, repeating divisiveness, fear, entitlement, and twisting the meaning of greed. Some of the more fervent Trump supporters don't attend church, but will identify as fundamentalists.

This is way more cultist than conservatism. A long-time, traditional, true educated conservative would be alarmed about trillion dollar debt, would be opposed to too much power growing with the federal executive branch, would be angry about Russian meddling, would want an equitable tax base that pays the bills and little beyond that, and would show interest in educational standards and environmental quality. They supported capitalism over today's corporate-ism. Competition, not giant monopolies, was the preference. They would be against Medicare for all, but would want support more accessible and affordable health care. Even Nixon proposed National Health Insurance. They would favor legal immigration for skilled workers and educated professionals. They would oppose the mess at the border, but would support well structured guest worker programs. They would accept gay marriage as decided law, and still oppose late term abortions. All that is largely gone, starting with the initiatives of Reagan.

by Anonymousreply 453September 3, 2019 3:22 PM

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) pledged Tuesday that Republicans would fill a Supreme Court vacancy in 2019 or 2020, arguing the dynamic is different now than when the party held open a seat in 2016.

Asked during an interview with radio host Hugh Hewitt if Republicans would support filing a vacancy on the Supreme Court in 2019 or 2020, McConnell said “absolutely.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454September 3, 2019 4:52 PM

Congratulating Poland for the anniversary of being invaded by Germany is truly abhorrent. Is he fucking that dumb? I guess the answer is always yes.

by Anonymousreply 455September 3, 2019 5:56 PM

R454 they’re probably putting a contract on RBG

by Anonymousreply 456September 3, 2019 6:18 PM

r452, Trump is literally unable to admit when he does anything wrong.

He's a sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 457September 3, 2019 7:02 PM

Nancy is STILL resisting impeachment. Seriously what is this bitch's damage?

by Anonymousreply 458September 3, 2019 7:08 PM

Medvedev’s “I’m hurt, I’m hurt” routine works again!

by Anonymousreply 459September 3, 2019 7:57 PM

NYT:

President Trump, Weatherman: Dorian Updates and at Least 122 Tweets

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460September 3, 2019 8:02 PM

Sorry, wrong thread!

by Anonymousreply 461September 3, 2019 8:04 PM

USA Today: Trump defends golf amid Hurricane Dorian preparation, slams Sadiq Khan

"The incompetent Mayor of London, Sadique Kahn, was bothered that I played a very fast round of golf yesterday," Trump tweeted, misspelling the first name of his nemesis. In a follow-up post, Trump said: "He is a terrible mayor who should stay out of our business!"

In his counterattack, Trump said Khan should worry about "knife crime" in London, which he said is totally "out of control." Trump also threw in another barb at his predecessor, former President Barack Obama.

"Many Pols exercise for hours, or travel for weeks," Trump tweeted. "Me, I run through one of my courses (very inexpensive). President Obama would fly to Hawaii."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462September 3, 2019 8:12 PM

I ran into Paul Butler at Number Nine, a gay bar in D.C., on Friday night. He is a Georgetown law professor who makes frequent msnbc appearances. I told him how much I enjoyed his commentary, particularly on obstruction of justice statutes.

by Anonymousreply 463September 3, 2019 8:37 PM

I like him, too. R463.

by Anonymousreply 464September 3, 2019 10:15 PM

CNN:

Pentagon approves use of military construction funds to build Trump's border wall

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 465September 3, 2019 10:26 PM

With all the chaos around the world and all these extreme right wing whack jobs being "elected", are we actually in WWIII right now?

by Anonymousreply 466September 4, 2019 12:14 AM

r459,Wrong thread, Right Answer.

by Anonymousreply 467September 4, 2019 12:37 AM

Labor Day Parade in Chapin, SC. They have a Queen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468September 4, 2019 12:43 AM

So what were the bruises on that fat fucks face?

Twitter was quick to point them out. That’s why he hasn’t taken off those ridiculous hats in the last few days.

Maybe he fell ? 😂

by Anonymousreply 469September 4, 2019 1:33 AM

R469, Adderall makes you bruise easily.

by Anonymousreply 470September 4, 2019 2:15 AM

Dump has bruises? I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s fallen recently. He’s looking really, really bad; sounds bad too. Any photos or more info?

by Anonymousreply 471September 4, 2019 3:09 AM

Damn, I need to take screen pics when I see good stuff.

Sorry, R471.

by Anonymousreply 472September 4, 2019 5:08 AM

I like Paul Butler...

by Anonymousreply 473September 4, 2019 5:35 AM

'Mad Dog' Mattis on Morning Joe being a coward and refusing to dish on Trump.

"For the good of the nation, we all need to work together" or some bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 474September 4, 2019 11:44 AM

have we billed mexico for the wall yet?. will they pay in cash, credit card, debit card, check, bitcoin, or a i.o.u.? just wondering...

by Anonymousreply 475September 4, 2019 12:50 PM

On MSNBC this morning someone referred to McConnell as "Senate Majority Follower" Mitch McConnell since he refuses to consider legislation unless Trump approves of if first.

by Anonymousreply 476September 4, 2019 12:54 PM

Mitch is owned by the NRA, Charles Koch, Federalist Society, Putin, and corporate tycoons.

He obstructs unless it is about tax cuts for the very wealthy, deregulation against the environment and for corporate and big bank profits, and railroading through the packing of the courts with right-wingers.

by Anonymousreply 477September 4, 2019 2:04 PM

The Hill:

Stormy Daniels on testifying to Congress: 'I have no fear of being under oath'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478September 4, 2019 4:27 PM

Tribune News Service:

Trump's schedule shows a president with plenty of downtime this summer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479September 4, 2019 4:30 PM

Business Insider:

US spies say Trump's G7 performance suggests he's either a 'Russian asset' or a 'useful idiot' for Putin

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480September 4, 2019 4:35 PM

R480 you could have written that sentence in 2017, or2018. Nothing has changed.

by Anonymousreply 481September 4, 2019 4:37 PM

Trump is way too obvious in carrying Putin's water. He will soon outlive his usefulness to Vlad. Yes Vlad enjoys the comedy of the United States being run...into the ground...by this imbecile. He & his cronies laugh and mock Trump behind closed doors. But they were hoping certain goals would be accomplished and they have not been. NATO is still around. And while Trump has probably shared more Intel than he should have and exposed assets to extreme danger, he has not given Vlad enough. Soon he will no longer be useful.

by Anonymousreply 482September 4, 2019 4:41 PM

Washington Post:

Top Interior official who pushed to expand drilling in Alaska to join oil company there

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483September 4, 2019 4:52 PM

The Hill:

Pence's office now says it wasn't Trump's idea to stay at his hotel in Ireland

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 484September 4, 2019 6:19 PM

Does Pence mention whose idea it was for him to stick his entire head up Trump's ass?

by Anonymousreply 485September 4, 2019 6:23 PM

It was miller. He needed a break.

by Anonymousreply 486September 4, 2019 6:26 PM

Here’s a shot of Dump's beat-up bruised appearance on Monday. Looks like definitely his forehead and possibly both temples are bruised, and there’s swelling over the bridge of his nose. Also his neck (below the double/triple chins) appears darkened. WTF happened?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 487September 4, 2019 7:17 PM

I do not fuck on the Lord's day. He knows this.

by Anonymousreply 488September 4, 2019 7:18 PM

If you could go back in time, which serial killer would you send to 1980's Pres Bone Spurs?

I'm sure he thinks Category 5 hurricanes are drawn to us now because we attract "only the best, hugest, wettest, storms."

by Anonymousreply 489September 4, 2019 10:03 PM

Speaking of hurricanes and "drawn", the dickwad used a map of the hurricane that showed it hitting Alabama because that's what he said was going to happen. Only problem, the part going to Alabama was drawn on with a magic marker. What a stupid fucking asshole.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 490September 4, 2019 10:14 PM

R490 Bwhahahahahhahahahahahahaha

Are we being punked? Ashton, come on! Time to end this!

by Anonymousreply 491September 4, 2019 10:39 PM

It does look odd, r487. Some people are speculating it’s an illness. It’s hard to tell, but something is definitely off. He really doesn’t look well—I’m surprised nothing has leaked. His WH leaks like a sieve.

Ugh, or maybe it’s wishful thinking.

by Anonymousreply 492September 4, 2019 10:48 PM

AIDS?

by Anonymousreply 493September 4, 2019 10:53 PM

Trump releases photo showing he's taller than Obama.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494September 4, 2019 11:22 PM

CNN:

How the White House handles ex-aides with stories to tell

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 495September 4, 2019 11:45 PM

Roll Call:

Trump again signals gun background checks bill is not a top priority

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496September 4, 2019 11:58 PM

I’m back from a weeks vacation sans DL.

Is he dead yet? Please, someone tell me, is he dead yet?

by Anonymousreply 497September 5, 2019 12:05 AM

R497 Brain dead, yes. Yes, he is.

by Anonymousreply 498September 5, 2019 12:27 AM

He was, R497, but then he rose again.

O, hadn’t you heard? He’s the Messiah, now.

by Anonymousreply 499September 5, 2019 1:02 AM

She's still at it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500September 5, 2019 1:25 AM

OMG I love the Sharpie pen memes.

Things are so bad we've fallen into just sitting back and watching the lunacy. It's unbelievable. The fool has the attention of the world and what we see is a huge stupid lying criminal ignoramus. It must be killing him to be laughed at.

I think his face is bruised because Melania has been slapping him around.

by Anonymousreply 501September 5, 2019 4:44 AM

again the repubs love to do whataboutisms

so what would the reaction have been if Obama had lied about the projected path of a hurricane? Everyone would be screaming he needs to be impeached and have a mental evaluation.

but Trump can double and triple down on this lie he's been running since Sunday! and it's OK. Only cable news is talking about it

repubs say what?

by Anonymousreply 502September 5, 2019 4:45 AM

More Republicans announced that they aren't running for office again. I can only imagine what their polling data is telling them.

by Anonymousreply 503September 5, 2019 8:40 AM

I’m hoping someone has the goods on them - accepting Russian money, etc. and is threatening incarceration.

by Anonymousreply 504September 5, 2019 10:46 AM

I'd prefer incineration to incarceration.

by Anonymousreply 505September 5, 2019 10:58 AM

I wish someone would just fuck Lindsey until her ass fell out and then she would be in a wheelchair.

by Anonymousreply 506September 5, 2019 12:10 PM

R506 that’s dark and a horrible visual.... but I like the way you think!

by Anonymousreply 507September 5, 2019 12:17 PM

Lindsey? Lindsey Graham? Is that you at r507?

by Anonymousreply 508September 5, 2019 12:40 PM

Washington Post:

Was Trump right when he tweeted about climate change?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 509September 5, 2019 3:02 PM

Politico:

Trump flashes anger about Alabama forecast as Dorian bears down on Carolinas

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510September 5, 2019 5:25 PM

Daily Beast:

Alva Johnson Drops Lawsuit Against President Trump: ‘I’m Fighting Against a Person With Unlimited Resources’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 511September 5, 2019 5:28 PM

CNN:

Top Trump Mideast peace envoy to step down

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 512September 5, 2019 5:32 PM

Yale research calls out the problem with the people who follow leaders like Trump. Nothing particularly new here, except that research is verifying it:

"The experiments which took place before and after the 2016 elections showed that people who feel insecure, alienated, threatened, or powerless are more likely to fuse with Trump, and that fusion with Trump was more likely to intensify pre-existing distaste of immigrants or Muslims, for instance. And this process of fusion reinforces itself over time, leading to yet more extreme positions."

and:

"“This is not about Democrats or Republicans,” said John (“Jack”) Dovidio, professor of psychology at Yale and co-author of the paper. “When you fuse with a leader you are prone to abandon the values you had in a past life and engage in extreme actions in support of the leader.”

So this goes well beyond blind obedience to a leader. It is active extremism, where the participant so identifies with the leader that he/she is willing to commit extreme acts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 513September 5, 2019 6:35 PM

AP:

Manafort's lawyers: State charges are double jeopardy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 514September 5, 2019 6:50 PM

Lindsey Graham attacks Angela Merkel per a Hong Kong visit. Yet Graham is mum about Jared and Saudis, those arms sales, and Congressional visits to Russia after the Russians hacked/intefered in U.S. elections. Then there is Netanyahu banning two U.S. Congresswomen and Trump dissing U.S. intelligence in Helsinki.

Merkel doesn't need Miss Graham's permission to do business in Hong Kong.

See the comments section.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 515September 5, 2019 7:12 PM

Susan Collins has one less concern as Maine Congressman, Jared Golden, declares he is remaining "neutral" about the U.S. Senate race from Maine.

Golden can't support a fellow Democrat? So, he is willing to allow Mitch McConnell to remain Majority Leader? Lame!

And we wonder why Democrats often come up short.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 516September 5, 2019 8:45 PM

Golden represents the more conservative northern district of Maine, and as a first-termer, he can’t afford to alienate that base. Even with ranked choice voting, he just eked out a win over the odious Repug Bruce Poliquin.

by Anonymousreply 517September 5, 2019 9:20 PM

Rep Golden, you are on my list for now. Don't be a yellow-bellied asshole.

We are being gas-lit like no other time.

by Anonymousreply 518September 5, 2019 9:46 PM

GAO rules Trump violated the law by keeping national parks open during government shutdown last January.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 519September 5, 2019 9:57 PM

Oh for fuck's sake......

White House adviser gives Trump cover on Alabama hurricane claim

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 520September 5, 2019 10:52 PM

Thank you to whomever for not pay walling this thread!

by Anonymousreply 521September 5, 2019 11:01 PM

The poor guy defending Dump was Rear Adm. Peter Brown, a Homeland Security and counterterrorism adviser. If Dump as commander in chief ordered him to do it, he had no choice.

by Anonymousreply 522September 5, 2019 11:22 PM

Another guy we'll hear from in 20 years, when it's far too left, about what constant stupidity it was to work for Trump. Ah, well.

by Anonymousreply 523September 6, 2019 12:56 AM

left, late, whatevs.

by Anonymousreply 524September 6, 2019 1:23 AM

Running up the deficit is by design- it is a Republican wet dream. They can now demand we little people pay for the tax cuts for the rich.

I honestly don't understand how any one can vote Republican.

by Anonymousreply 525September 6, 2019 1:33 AM

Hanging a pic of the Devil next to Jesus comes from delusional minds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526September 6, 2019 1:36 AM

and seriously, r525, if nothing else, can we forever stop this fraud that Republicans care about the deficit. It has been a stupid obvious lie since Reagan, but assholes in politics and the media resurrect it constantly. Nobody gives a flying fuck about the deficit. It's just shit that Republicans say when Democrats want to give money to poor people. Giving money to rich fucks is always in season, as far as every fucking politician in Washington is concerned. If we could just kill One zombie lie, I wish it would be that one.

by Anonymousreply 527September 6, 2019 1:37 AM

Running up the deficit also give Repigs cover for gutting social programs etc.. They're such transparent cunts.

by Anonymousreply 528September 6, 2019 12:01 PM

This is about privatization on a grand scale. For decades the Republicans have believed they could starve government out of existence, privatize everything that was no nailed down, and establish "authorities" to oversee the privatization, with no accountability and no restraint. They see government as an obstacle and have always hated it. If you think Social Security and Medicare are safe you're crazy. If they manage to remain in control those programs and most federal government agencies will no longer exist. Huge tax cuts for the wealthy deficits, e tc. they don't care. This is part of a larger strategy.

by Anonymousreply 529September 6, 2019 2:20 PM

[quote]This is about privatization on a grand scale.

Speaking of: Yesterday the Trump administration unveiled a plan to privatize Fannie Mae and Freddie Mae.

by Anonymousreply 530September 6, 2019 2:42 PM

Washington Post:

House panel probing whether Pence’s stay at Trump resort in Ireland improperly ‘enriched’ the president

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531September 6, 2019 3:17 PM

Politico:

Trump expresses fresh regret about his Fed chief: 'Oh well, you can’t win them all!'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 532September 6, 2019 3:22 PM

[quote]House panel probing whether Pence’s stay at Trump resort in Ireland improperly ‘enriched’ the president

Flash forward six months:

House panel find Pence's stay at Trump resort in Ireland improperly ‘enriched’ the president ... and nothing is done about it.

by Anonymousreply 533September 6, 2019 3:34 PM

USA Today: Pelosi's office slams Trump properties after Mike Pence's Ireland stay

WASHINGTON – In a statement released Wednesday after controversy over Vice President Mike Pence's stay at a Trump property in Doonbeg, Ireland, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi called President Donald Trump's properties a "cesspool of corruption" and accused Trump of "prioritizing his profits over the interests of the American people."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 534September 6, 2019 3:36 PM

Pence has been very successful so far at hiding in the shadows. It's about time his compliancy and duplicity has been exposed.

by Anonymousreply 535September 6, 2019 4:45 PM

Let it go, for chrissakes!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536September 6, 2019 5:32 PM

Donald Deplorable"s Cro-Magnon forehead needs to be introduced to a baseball bat traveling at the speed of sound. BOOM!

by Anonymousreply 537September 6, 2019 5:48 PM

They aren't just privatizing everything in big, public ways. They are breaking everything in small ways with an eye toward future collapse. For example, they've fucked with the ACA in small, incremental ways that are making it unaffordable. I just read that they are not going to base the 2020 subsidies on income, but age. Well, I guess poor people can just go fuck themselves now. I guarantee that 90% of people have no idea about this and won't discover it until they go to sign up again in November and, even then, won't know why they can no longer afford health insurance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538September 6, 2019 5:48 PM

NYT:

As Disasters Multiply, Billions in Recovery Funds Go Unspent

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 539September 6, 2019 5:58 PM

I just can’t believe he is still going out and lying about this Alabama thing. It’s just bizarre, pathological behavior that even Republicans should be afraid of. This fat whore has our nuclear codes.

Also, if you’ll notice, he always effusively praises the police and first responders and the military (most of the time not even bothering to mention victims or any loss of life) during extreme weather events and mass shootings. He never expresses empathy for anyone who has suffered in any way. He just pats on the back those he thinks are part of his psychotic, frothing “base.”

by Anonymousreply 540September 6, 2019 5:59 PM

The Trump administration has said it has no money to help improve the facilities for detained migrant children. At the same time, DHS has spent $120 million on office furniture.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541September 6, 2019 8:42 PM

CNN:

Republican primary: State parties move to nix contests in show of support for Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 542September 6, 2019 8:56 PM

Politico:

Stephanie Grisham finds her footing as Trump's attack dog

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 543September 6, 2019 9:21 PM

Grisham certainly has the "dog" part down.

by Anonymousreply 544September 6, 2019 9:29 PM

So Grisham and her deputy Gidley are going to avoid WH press briefings and instead, write op-eds in the Washington Examiner?

And these two are on the public payroll?

by Anonymousreply 545September 6, 2019 9:54 PM

The Hill:

Trump lawyers ask judge to toss out Dems' tax return lawsuit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 546September 6, 2019 11:16 PM

r511, so Trump gets away with it again. Figures.

Can't anybody ANYBODY take this bastard down already?1?

by Anonymousreply 547September 6, 2019 11:33 PM

Celebration of Jeanine Pirro's new book.

[quote]Judge Pirro was celebrating her Resident Magazine cover. Vesica Vodka and Hors d’oeuvres were shared by Donald Trump Jr, Trump campaign advisor Kimberly Guilfoyle, former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani. Red Apple Group CEO John Catsimatidis, former NYC police commissioner Bernie Kerik, and Daily Caller video columnist Stephanie Hamill, finacer Stan Bharti from Toronto and TV Host John Tobacco were also in attendance.

I would not call this a lovely gathering, and she can stuff this propaganda book up..........

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 548September 6, 2019 11:38 PM

r513, Go back 80 or so years, change the nationalities to Germans, and you have the reason why so many German citizens were willing to stand by while Hitler and his minions discriminated against the Jews and other minorities, and in some cases, even helped him.

IOW, there's nothing new under the sun.

by Anonymousreply 549September 6, 2019 11:38 PM

Those three people look oily, r548.

by Anonymousreply 550September 6, 2019 11:47 PM

#548! yep, no bias and morally ethical rule breaking here! (sarcasm).....

a whore, a p.o.s. and the "c" word woman all in one photo!

by Anonymousreply 551September 6, 2019 11:49 PM

Junior Mint & Kimberly 'Pooh Bear' Guilfoyle are holding $15,000 a couple fundraiser in Arizona and elsewhere around the country for Trump.

Colluded with Russians, lied about it, lied to Congress, but no charges, and plenty of time to run all over the country with this gal campaigning for small-hands Bone Spurs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 552September 6, 2019 11:52 PM

DJT toadies watch with alarm at news of Hurricane Dorian threatening Alabama.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 553September 7, 2019 12:10 AM

'Mother' wears Stiletto heels and cocktail dresses in Ireland.

Step aside Melania and Ivanka, there's a new fashion queen on the scene.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 554September 7, 2019 12:21 AM

Frumps 4 Trump!

by Anonymousreply 555September 7, 2019 12:46 AM

Rachael was just reporting that the military is spending money at Trumps resorts and when asked about it they are not complying with congress. Apparently the military is compromised too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 556September 7, 2019 1:30 AM

A report just came out reported by Joy Reid that Trump is extorting Ukraine by hold up aid to get them to help fix the election for him.

by Anonymousreply 557September 7, 2019 2:54 AM

r557, If that can be proven, that would be the end of Trump. Let the Impeachment begin!

by Anonymousreply 558September 7, 2019 3:23 AM

This is some crazy shit. Everyone bowing down to der fuhrer. (sp)

by Anonymousreply 559September 7, 2019 1:05 PM

Fox hired paid Trump campaign operatives to interview Fox News contributors.

Bet those two will not do their act before largely black audiences. They ain't setting foot in any black churches and allow any older black folks, particularly women, reply to them. D & S would receive a 'cussing out' they'll never forget.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 560September 7, 2019 2:06 PM

R557, good to note. But whose stopping Trump from breaking laws including financial extortion? Mueller didn't. Barr is on Trump's team. Congress won't impeach. The media won't do any investigative journalism unless it boosts ratings. The public doesn't demonstrate, march, sit-in, or demand action.

Trump has been given authoritarian power and no entity is stopping it. Verbage of dismay is no counter to Trump and his toadies. It takes ACTION, that is yet to be seen, to stop him and enforce accountability. He is cheating again for 2O2O, and will get away with it.

by Anonymousreply 561September 7, 2019 2:27 PM

Daily Beast:

House Democrats Set to Question Corey Lewandowski in Public

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 562September 7, 2019 7:38 PM

The Hill:

Ocasio-Cortez renews impeachment call amid probe involving Trump's Scotland property

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 563September 7, 2019 7:42 PM

NYT:

Military Base Loses Funding for New School to Trump’s Border Wall

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 564September 7, 2019 7:53 PM

The Hill:

Democrats, advocates blast reported White House plan to cut refugee cap to zero

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 565September 7, 2019 9:05 PM

Charm and empathy are not Miller virtues.

Putting him in charge of dealing with anything involved with human relations is a cruel act.

by Anonymousreply 566September 7, 2019 9:22 PM

R565: there is no value in Western civilization that this administration will not betray.

by Anonymousreply 567September 7, 2019 9:50 PM

USA Today:

S.C., Kansas halt Republican primaries to support Trump amid criticism

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 568September 8, 2019 1:30 AM

Joe Walsh praises George Conway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 569September 8, 2019 1:58 AM

Lindzey has been quiet for a couple of days or so. She must be enjoying herself this weekend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 570September 8, 2019 2:08 AM

Lindzey's weekend lover got tire of listening to her prattle on and stuck a butt plug in her mouth.

by Anonymousreply 571September 8, 2019 2:27 AM

@ClaudiaWheatley

Replying to @realDonaldTrump

"The taunting. The insults. The dog whistles. All of it follows reality-TV rules. Every fight is necessary. Every twist must be more shocking, every conflict more vicious. The difference: There’s no Mark Burnett to impose retroactive logic on the chaos."

by Anonymousreply 572September 8, 2019 1:16 PM

Oh my goodness, Gym.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 573September 8, 2019 1:25 PM

AP:

Manager: Trump family building 'dynasty' for decades to come

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 574September 8, 2019 1:39 PM

"Speaking to a convention of Republican Party delegates in Indian Wells, California, Brad Parscale also said the campaign's goal is to build a national army of 2 million trained volunteers, far beyond the president's 2016 organization, that in California could help the GOP retake a string of U.S. House seats captured by Democrats last year."

by Anonymousreply 575September 8, 2019 1:42 PM

The Hill: Democrats return to a battered Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 576September 8, 2019 1:44 PM

Should a Part 116 be started?

by Anonymousreply 577September 8, 2019 1:49 PM

Not just yet but soon.

by Anonymousreply 578September 8, 2019 1:50 PM

Washington Post: Are Democrats really ‘godless’? The numbers say mostly not, but the rap still sticks.

Contrast that with how Robert Jeffress, a Dallas pastor who advises President Trump on issues of faith, described the Democratic Party last month on Fox Business.

They are a godless party, Lou, and becoming more so. You remember back in 2012, when they had an argument on national television at their convention about removing God from their platform? Then, in 2016, at their convention, they had a pastor up there praying, and he gets heckled, and now, even this weekend, the Democrat Party passes a resolution saying ‘we enthusiastically support the values of the religiously unaffiliated in America.’ 'Religiously unaffiliated’ is code for godless! They are truly becoming a godless party by their outreach, and certainly by their beliefs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 579September 8, 2019 2:24 PM

That Parscale dude looks inbred as hell. He looks like cyclops and must be a fucking moron.

by Anonymousreply 580September 8, 2019 4:05 PM

Washington Post:

Trump to visit Baltimore Thursday, a city he called a ‘rodent infested mess’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 581September 8, 2019 7:23 PM

Politico:

GOP senator urges Trump to set guidelines for gun legislation

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 582September 8, 2019 7:25 PM

"Say nyet to Moscow Mitch".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 583September 8, 2019 8:20 PM

Sometimes a photo says a lot.

Wrong one wearing that caped dress there; and she knows it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 584September 8, 2019 8:36 PM

Impeachment fireworks start in the House this week kids!

by Anonymousreply 585September 8, 2019 8:58 PM

I wish stupid was fixable, r583......

In the eastern Kentucky mountain city of Pikeville, retired coal miner and railroad worker John Deskins says that election security is important but that Democrats are the ones who have mishandled the issue.

"What little bit I understand about it is they put other implements in it to try to alter exactly what's necessary," Deskins said.

*and*

DeRonda Smith, a retired teacher from Hazard, says she also thinks election security is important, but McConnell's handling of the issue won't change her support for him.

"I don't think it's really a driving issue. I just think it's a very big safety concern," Smith said.

*and*

Pikeville resident Jim Hamilton says he was a Democrat for 47 years.

"When Trump decided to run, I wasn't a Democrat anymore. I'm a Republican," Hamilton said.

"I couldn't stand anymore this Obama thing," he said. "Obama came here to eastern Kentucky; he shut our coal mines down."

by Anonymousreply 586September 8, 2019 9:21 PM

Good God, Ivanka acts like this whole shit show is a catwalk for herself as spokes model. She couldn't be more vacuous, creepy, and transparent. Throw the bums out!

by Anonymousreply 587September 8, 2019 11:13 PM

Fuck you r587. I've got a dynasty to create!

by Anonymousreply 588September 8, 2019 11:14 PM

So.....you're going for a Crystal/Alexis mash-up?

by Anonymousreply 589September 8, 2019 11:35 PM

Much plastic surgery with Ivanka. It never holds up long-term. She'll have more.

by Anonymousreply 590September 8, 2019 11:54 PM

Well?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 591September 9, 2019 1:25 AM

R586 - those coal miners who are blocking that RR train near Pikeville (I believe) are now crying for people to bring them food and money.

Some of the women from our women's March group are going down there to deliver food. I told them to let those dumb fucks starve. They voted for this clown, let them suffer the consequences and die. She swears a lot of the wives are fed up with this administration and are saying they just won't vote next year.

Well, if you can't vote D then stay the fuck home. I'm not giving those racist shits one cent. Fuck them .

by Anonymousreply 592September 9, 2019 1:26 AM

CNN's Dana Bash out partying with Lindz. Are they dating? Girls night out?

Great catch for each?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 593September 9, 2019 1:47 AM

Link to new thread for when this one maxes out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 594September 9, 2019 2:08 AM

Only if I say so! r585

by Anonymousreply 595September 9, 2019 2:53 PM

Closing

by Anonymousreply 596September 9, 2019 11:52 PM

this

by Anonymousreply 597September 9, 2019 11:52 PM

thread

by Anonymousreply 598September 9, 2019 11:52 PM

out now

by Anonymousreply 599September 9, 2019 11:54 PM

!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 600September 9, 2019 11:54 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!