Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

New York Social Diary, Summer 2019: The Call of the Hamptons!

Darlings, it's been a WHIRL!

I've never put my own photograph into the electronic rotogravure before, but dear Joanna Fisher captured me on the sun porch of my Hamptons cottage. I hope you like it!

Let's review ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239April 12, 2020 5:08 AM

At the "Lever le Tôit” (Raise the Roof) Dinner Dance" (at the Elms, naturellement!), saucy Sarah Gewirz accessorized her unique dropped-crotch palazzo pants with, of all things, a cummerbund!

Tout le monde will be doing it next year, just you see!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 23, 2019 12:54 AM

I can smell the decay when I look at that old broad's photo.

by Anonymousreply 2August 23, 2019 12:55 AM

Someone said Alice Lynch and Richard Brickley "look just like the couple from Mulholland Drive," which is ridiculous because I know for a fact they never set foot on the Other Coast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3August 23, 2019 12:56 AM

Have you ever seen a welcoming committee like dear Dianne Benson, Michele Cohen and Lys Marigold? Who's the most surprised, do you think?

by Anonymousreply 4August 23, 2019 12:57 AM

Do these people ever get tired of doing this?

by Anonymousreply 5August 23, 2019 12:58 AM

So excited I forgot their little snap! Here's Dianne, Michelle and precious Lys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6August 23, 2019 12:59 AM

Vivi, you look just as fresh and vivacious as you did in 1932!

by Anonymousreply 7August 23, 2019 12:59 AM

Rosanne Barons always has been outdoorsy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8August 23, 2019 1:00 AM

[quote]Do these people ever get tired of doing this?

no, this is the only life they have, vapid and boring.

by Anonymousreply 9August 23, 2019 1:01 AM

Naughty Elias Buchanan Ohrstrom and Esmond Harmsworth gave Jane Smith quite a goose!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 23, 2019 1:02 AM

Joseph Aversano and James Potter (James is the one with the dapper jacket, accent bolo and specs on a chain).

I don't know them, but Joanna Fisher said "You have to put this on Datalounge" and I'm not quite sure why she thought you boys would know them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11August 23, 2019 1:05 AM

Love OP's pic! I didn't think those types existed anymore.

by Anonymousreply 12August 23, 2019 1:06 AM

Any guesses on the shade of brown of Somers Farkas’ end of summer tan?

by Anonymousreply 13August 23, 2019 1:13 AM

Lys and Dianne are surprised to see each other at the same party, but you'd never know!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14August 23, 2019 1:14 AM

What kills me is that decrepit old crone is sporting a $100,00 Burmese ruby,yet her ass is parked in a cheap medicaid walker . I love the bolero Potter is wearing,but Id have to convert it to a brooch. Boleros are so 1970s-80s that its impossible for them to not look dated.

by Anonymousreply 15August 23, 2019 1:41 AM

Who is the old crone in OP's photo?

by Anonymousreply 16August 23, 2019 1:44 AM

Ruth Buchanan Wheeler, heiress to Dow Chemical and current resident of Beaulieu.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17August 23, 2019 2:04 AM

Tasteful friends, look inside.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18August 23, 2019 2:05 AM

Her silly daughter thinks they have society in San Francisco, of all places!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19August 23, 2019 2:09 AM

Countess Lizz "Hangry" de Villegas spies delicious pie just out of camera range, while Fernanda Gilligan Jess came similarly ready to put on the feedbag, unencumbered by foundation garments of any sort.

Jeffrey Caldwell knows what [italic]he'll[/italic] be snacking on later: the ass of that pretty twink cater waiter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20August 23, 2019 2:37 AM

Who says amateur crossdressers need a girl name when presenting en femme? Ryan Ouvaroff certainly doesn't think so!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21August 23, 2019 2:41 AM

Where are the beautiful New Yorkers we constantly hear about? Did all the pretty leave town when the Trumps went to D.C.

by Anonymousreply 22August 23, 2019 2:48 AM

Susan Shapiro's edible just kicked in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23August 23, 2019 2:48 AM

Terence Hunter, loins astir by all the hot rich mens on display, finds it simply a caution that he's sitting next to Gigi Dick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24August 23, 2019 2:52 AM

Noted raccoon-cosplay enthusiast and DL fave Joanna Fisher won't let a half melted face stop her from a night on the town. Lady Cavendish knows that the secret to a youthful glow is have the skin stretched, sanded and primed once every three months.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25August 23, 2019 2:54 AM

Peter Marino stopped in for a quick canape and champers on his way to the leather daddy/gimp orgy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26August 23, 2019 3:03 AM

I'm loving these!! More please!

Reminds me. About 15 years ago, my uncle died. He was a successful businessman, not wealthy, but very comfortable and he left about $3Million in cash & Assets when he died. He was twice divorced and he had one son he barely saw, raised by his second wife and they hated one another.

Anyway, he had art objects, fine furniture, and he collected expensive watches, a lot of them. He had four Rolexes, a few Patek Philippes, a Peugot a Piaget, etc. Lots of gorgeous expensive cufflinks with sapphires and rubies in them. He wore custom made shoes ; the bootmaker came in from London twice a year. He had custom made suits from Lou Myles, the same brand as Lee Iaccoca. He loved all his stuff.

He lived well, on the waterfront. Had a boathouse (and a nice cabin cruiser, not a yacht.) He died after a long illness. All his belongings went to an auction house. The jewelry, the art, the furnishings, gone. His clothes, shoes ties, five Sulka robes, were sold through second hand consignment stores.

I remember a particular suit he loved, he probably paid about $2500 for it, and it sold for $500. Watching all the things he valued reduced to being pawed over by strangers, and sold, was a real lesson. All the Opulence of the Hamptons means nothing. When you die it all gets divided, or sold off and liquidated and it means nothing. When I left the auction, I felt depressed.

by Anonymousreply 27August 23, 2019 3:04 AM

Hazard #1 of brazening it out in last season thinking no one will know: SOMEONE always knows.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28August 23, 2019 3:05 AM

"These Botox pit shots really work!" Hyperhidrosis sufferer Barbara Chapman celebrates one of life's little victories.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29August 23, 2019 3:13 AM

Edward Lee Crave tells a version of The Aristocrats that Irene Aitken hadn't heard before.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30August 23, 2019 3:15 AM

[italic]Pose[/italic] superfan Molly Whitehouse got carried away and had her boobs done by a Puerto Rican tranny wielding a syringe full of Home Depot silicone. She didn't get the memo that, like a good tomato aspic, they have to set first before serving.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31August 23, 2019 3:23 AM

God bless you, Vivi Von Cuntington!

by Anonymousreply 32August 23, 2019 3:26 AM

Tinka Topping

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33August 23, 2019 3:26 AM

Terence Hunter tells of the gourmet cookies being served for dessert that he smells.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34August 23, 2019 3:26 AM

R27 - that's depressing - I went through something similar last fall with my aunt's estate. Stuff literally was sold at auction for pennies on the dollar it seemed. But I couldn't unload everything, so what can you do with all that stuff?

Jewelry should be given away because no one will give you anything for it.

by Anonymousreply 35August 23, 2019 3:30 AM

How many Epstein-esque Kiddie Diddlers are in these photos?

by Anonymousreply 36August 23, 2019 3:33 AM

A lovely carpet was provided on the lawn. I was told it was for the lemon party to follow. I, too, enjoy my lemons, so I may need to stay a bit later than I originally intended.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37August 23, 2019 3:33 AM

OMG you’re killing me, OP.

by Anonymousreply 38August 23, 2019 3:49 AM

R19 - well done. A true student of irrelevant society.

by Anonymousreply 39August 23, 2019 3:51 AM

[quote]that decrepit old crone is sporting a $100,00 Burmese ruby,yet her ass is parked in a cheap medicaid walker

Pink polyester stretchpants too. From Walmart by the looks of them.

by Anonymousreply 40August 23, 2019 3:52 AM

Apropos of nothing, Tilly Matheson masturbates husband Murdoch in the (ha-ha) ballroom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41August 23, 2019 3:53 AM

[quote]I remember a particular suit he loved, he probably paid about $2500 for it, and it sold for $500.

Auctions are the BOMB. Such great stuff at amazingly low prices.

by Anonymousreply 42August 23, 2019 3:59 AM

[quote]Any guesses on the shade of brown of Somers Farkas’ end of summer tan?

Convenience Store Slim Jim Cordovan, [italic]bien sur[/italic]!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43August 23, 2019 4:23 AM

Ruth Buchanan, featured by OP, does not remember why she agreed to rub elbows with this New York Social Diary trash and wants to return to her home.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44August 23, 2019 4:29 AM

The comments here are wickedly funny.

by Anonymousreply 45August 23, 2019 4:34 AM

DL at its best

by Anonymousreply 46August 23, 2019 4:37 AM

Kitty Clay (yes, really) and Dina Kronemeyer gleefully search for that bag of coke that was smuggled in with the potted perennial.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47August 23, 2019 4:56 AM

Story going around about Edward Lee Cave (reply 30) in the mid 70s was that he was the son of a Virginia gas station owner and came to NYC marrying some very rich ancient woman and then rose to the top in Sotheby's real estate division. He was very pretentious and also famous for his very bad breath.

by Anonymousreply 48August 23, 2019 4:58 AM

Who are all these commoners who have no sense of decorum? I do not approve!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49August 23, 2019 5:03 AM

Edward Lee Cave looks like a cocksucking asshole

by Anonymousreply 50August 23, 2019 6:18 AM

DL icon Baroness von Langendorff is effortlessly chic!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51August 23, 2019 6:34 AM

[quote]no, this is the only life they have, vapid and boring.

Boring? You do realize there's free flowing booze at all these shindigs, right?

by Anonymousreply 52August 23, 2019 6:46 AM

R51 imagine what she'd look like if she put some effort into it!

by Anonymousreply 53August 23, 2019 11:15 AM

Brandyn Brunelle and Ryan Elsman are looking dapper in their suits of upholstery, while Nicky Irving and Elizabeth Leatherman are giving you the Wizard of the Hunger Games Capitol chic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54August 23, 2019 3:22 PM

The Richters find it best to dress matchy-matchy in case one of them gets lost. Unfortunately Brooke bought two coats in her size and Steven's doesn't quite button (even though he is the same pant size as when he rowed at Deerfield).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55August 23, 2019 3:26 PM

DJ Mad Marge on the 1 and 2s! I hope you like music from the 80s because that is all she plays!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56August 23, 2019 3:29 PM

Joan Davidson knows that the secret to hiding the dreaded turkey neck is to wear a minimum of three scarves. Michelle Larsen uses the same approach to wearing Spanx.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57August 23, 2019 3:31 PM

How many of these fat cat piece of shit Cunts probably find themselves the topic of discussion on Datalounge?

by Anonymousreply 58August 23, 2019 4:07 PM

R18, I actually loved those pictures. I'm glad that it hasn't changed. Just finished looking at the pictures of the home the Obamas are supposedly buying on Martha's Vineyard. The home is stunning, but it's so sterile to me. The same design is in every room with little color. The Newport estate in contrast is a classic style. The furniture was made to last. And each room has its own decor.

We do not see the kitchen, which (I bet) hasn't changed since 1974 either. That's good. None of these so-called "islands" and marble/granite/or whatever stone of the month countertops. Bathrooms, too, are no doubt functional, unlike today when the Great Unwashed demand "soaking tubs" and walk-in closets off the shower. No wonder their clothes still have mildewy odor!

by Anonymousreply 59August 23, 2019 6:57 PM

Ever since Susan Holliday's hairdresser moved to Ft Lauderdale, she's been styling it herself. You can't even tell the difference.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60August 23, 2019 11:36 PM

Oh dear to the saggy bosom. She’s also skimping on the good bra fitting.

by Anonymousreply 61August 23, 2019 11:41 PM

The Fake Baroness Von Lagerwell was the mistress and dominatrix of William Klopman who owned Burlington Industries, a huge fabric house in it's day. She was known to be the best titty fuck on the North Shore of Long Island. She was also accused of helping the crooks who robbed The Pierre Hotel. She is even more ridiculous looking in person, like an over the hill opera star. She also strangely has a small little girl's voice.

by Anonymousreply 62August 23, 2019 11:50 PM

It is easy to crash a party and no one discovers you work at Walgreens?

by Anonymousreply 63August 23, 2019 11:52 PM

Why do all the rich old sows have that awful orange hair? The one thing Gizzy Maxwell has going for her is her thick brunette natural ‘do.

by Anonymousreply 64August 23, 2019 11:59 PM

Mary Davis has a night of vigorous scissoring in store for Lucy Kirk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65August 24, 2019 12:02 AM

What a fine shindig! Meriel Lari and Giosetta Capriati can't believe their eyes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66August 24, 2019 12:05 AM

These fabulously wealthy folks all look a SMIDGE to MANY SMIDGES "off"... They all look like they are missing a chromosome or they went to private school on the "special kids" bus!

I adore them all!! Bless you all you weird looking socialites and elite!!!!

by Anonymousreply 67August 24, 2019 12:06 AM

Thanks so much OP, I live for these NYSD postings. As usual, you don't disappoint!

by Anonymousreply 68August 24, 2019 12:16 AM

OP, these are my favorite threads ever and I'm like a kid on Christmas whenever I see one. You frequently make me laugh out loud with your captions.

I occasionally know/know of some of the people you call out and they are every bit as ludicrous IRL.

They only thing I will say in their defense is that many of the charities they support would not exist if not for people like this--most of those parties are raising money for random small art museums or programs to teach music at inner city schools--things like that, versus big museums and big diseases.

But thank you again, you rock!

by Anonymousreply 69August 24, 2019 12:18 AM

The fake Baroness is something else. I can’t take eyes off her pics. She’s the Angelyne of Manhattan. Didn’t she sweet talked some gay Nepalese guy into leaving her all his money.

by Anonymousreply 70August 24, 2019 12:31 AM

R62, doesn't the Baroness still have an apartment at the Pierre?

(Fun fact: The husband also created White Shoulders perfume.)

by Anonymousreply 71August 24, 2019 12:32 AM

Would r68 and r69 mind terribly if I addressed you both as Binks? Is that alright with you, Binks?

by Anonymousreply 72August 24, 2019 12:33 AM

And his poor family went even poorer trying to sue her for it! Her decolletage isn't the only thing that is shameless.

by Anonymousreply 73August 24, 2019 12:34 AM

Not exactly the beautiful people, are they? So much leathery skin and horrible hair and dead eyes on these fossils. I love the DL recaps, though!!

by Anonymousreply 74August 24, 2019 12:41 AM

Somers Farkas and her trim pins adorn another book party! She's a Virginia girl at heart, according to her CV. Her profession: philanthropist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75August 24, 2019 1:19 AM

Where do you get all these wonderful pics from, OP?

by Anonymousreply 76August 24, 2019 1:37 AM

I love how many people, even Binks, think that OP is the sole contributor to the thread.

by Anonymousreply 77August 24, 2019 1:40 AM

No NYSD thread would be complete without Somers "I haven't eaten since 1990" Farkas.

by Anonymousreply 78August 24, 2019 1:47 AM

[quote]Where do you get all these wonderful pics from, OP?

It ain't that hard. google "hamptons magazine" or "hamptons charitable events" and click "images" and you shall be rewarded with examples like this

I'm not OP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79August 24, 2019 1:52 AM

It's the title of the thread!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80August 24, 2019 1:55 AM

And DPC would NEVER feature Jocelyn Wildenstein. She's far too downtown.

by Anonymousreply 81August 24, 2019 1:59 AM

[bold] Props to R80 for writing many of the wittier captions in this thread. He is as funny if not funnier than OP. [/bold]

Interesting Somers Farkas sidenote: so much to read between the lines of Jonathan's first marriage in 1971

[italic] Miss Kimberly Ann Harcleroad was married in the Central Synagogue here yesterday afternoon to Jonathan Dale Farkas, youngest of the four sons of George Farkas, founder and past chairman of Alexander's, the department store chain, and Mrs. Farkas of New York. The bride is the daughter of Mrs. Carolyn Beatty Harcieroad of New York and John Harcleroad of Atlanta, a retired vice president of Don the Beachcomber, International, a restaurant chain in Honolulu and Hong Kong.

Fewer than 20 guests, mostly members of the immediate families, attended the ceremony performed by Rabbi David J. Seligson, but there were 40 at the reception at the St. Regis‐Sheraton Library. Musicians from the New York Philharmonic played madrigals as the champagne and cake were passed.

The bride, wore a Victorian‐style wedding dress from Hendri Bendel of ivory peau de soie with a front panel of tucked organza edged with alengon lace, the dress had a high lace collar and short tucked sleeves with lace cuffs. Fresh white flowers held her floor‐length illusion veil. She carried a nosegay of violets,’ forget‐me‐nots and stephanotis with a red rosebud in the center.

The 20‐year‐old bride, who Is a sophomore at the New York University School of Education, dispensed with attendants. Bruce Farkas, secretary of Alexanders, was best man for his brother.

Alexander Farkas, president of Alexander's, was not able to attend his brother's wedding. However, his wife, Francine, the store's fashion director was there, as was the bridegroom's other brother, Robin Lewis Farkas. He is treasurer of Alexander's and president of Alexander's Rent‐A‐Car.

The bridegroom has been enrolled in the executive training program at Alexander's since graduation from N.Y.U. in January, but his involvement with the family business goes back further than that. He has worked at Alexander's summers and helped found the Feeling Groovy Shop, a boutique of mod fashions at the Lexington Avenue branch.

Mrs. Farkas is a descendant of Hendrik Pannebecker, a founder of the State of Pennsylvania, and a greatgrandniece of Samuel Whitaker Pennypacker, one‐time Governor of Pennsylvania. She received her early education in Honolulu and Hong Kong and was graduated from St. George's School in Montreux, Switzerland. Raised as a member of the Church of England, she was recently converted to Judaism. Her mother is an interior designer.

The bridegroom is a graduate also of the Choate School in Wallingford, Conn. His mother, an educator and sociologist, is known professionally as Dr. Ruth Lewis Farkas.

The couple do not plan a wedding trip right away. “I'm in the middle of the term,” the bride explained. [/italic]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82August 24, 2019 2:05 AM

Thank you Bink! ❤️❤️

by Anonymousreply 83August 24, 2019 2:07 AM

LOL. I was going to comment on how well preserved Le Petit Farkas was for someone who was 70 but then caught that the photo at R75 is from 2010, not 2019.

by Anonymousreply 84August 24, 2019 2:13 AM

Lol @ I'm in the middle of the term! How many trimesters did she have left before she graduated?

by Anonymousreply 85August 24, 2019 2:15 AM

Eldergays--was it considered eyebrow-raising in 1971 for a 20 year old and 22 year old of that social class to get married? (It would be today.) Are we to assume she was pregnant?

by Anonymousreply 86August 24, 2019 2:17 AM

The brother with power couldn't attend his baby brother's wedding? A 20yo society bride with no attendants? Maybe if she was a hippie but never with a dress from Bendels. This was a Jewish shotgun wedding, also known as a shanda.

by Anonymousreply 87August 24, 2019 2:24 AM

That's what I thought R87.

Her family was old money, but the money seems old enough it likely ran out. Father worked at "Don the Beachcomber" apparel... but she went to finishing school in Switzerland.

Some DL sleuth should be able to figure out when that first kid was born.

by Anonymousreply 88August 24, 2019 2:26 AM

My mistake, the child wasn't born until15 months after the wedding.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89August 24, 2019 2:34 AM

Johnathan's mother, Ruth, gathered some notoriety by being named Ambassador to Luxembourg after making a large campaign contribution to Nixon.

the grift seems quaint in the context to today's cesspool of corruption in DC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90August 24, 2019 2:44 AM

That's MY fucking Napa Valley house, R19! It was ripped away from my in my brutal divorce.

by Anonymousreply 91August 24, 2019 2:46 AM

The Hampton Designer Showhouse Gala Preview Cocktail Party will never be mistaken for the NAACP Image Awards.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92August 24, 2019 3:00 AM

And her contribution that got her the ambassadorship was $300,000, a pittance in today's money.

by Anonymousreply 93August 24, 2019 3:02 AM

[quote] Alexander Farkas, president of Alexander's, was not able to attend his brother's wedding. However, his wife, Francine, the store's fashion director was there....

Be nice to the eldergays and perhaps one of them will explain to you what a howler that last bit is. Fashion Director for Alexander's? Oh, my!

by Anonymousreply 94August 24, 2019 3:08 AM

Yeah Alexanders was the Target of the day

by Anonymousreply 95August 24, 2019 3:10 AM

Socialite has meant scummy for quite a long time. Worse than Farkas was Joe Norban, who owned those awful Lynns clothing stores, home of the "dollar dress". They made Robert hall seem upscale by comparison. Norban, who was quite ugly, didn't like being photographed, but his daughter Wendy Carduner likes the attention--she manages Doubles which is a snooty club that now now has to rely on socialites' kid parties.

by Anonymousreply 96August 24, 2019 3:17 AM

And sadly, it's with the Farkas' where we have an Epstein connection.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97August 24, 2019 3:22 AM

I think Ohrbach's was more like Target---more pretense of style. Both they and Alexanders sold cheap knock offs of designer clothes. Actually that would make both of them more like Century 21 or H&M.

by Anonymousreply 98August 24, 2019 3:26 AM

Alexander's was where you took your little kid to buy a new coat for school.

by Anonymousreply 99August 24, 2019 3:29 AM

Another winter in a Somers town.

by Anonymousreply 100August 24, 2019 3:31 AM

I browse at Bloomingdales....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101August 24, 2019 3:32 AM

I remember Alexander's Tomorrow Shop from 1968. Everything about that store was pure schlock. Alexander's, unlike Bloomingdale's had no t-room scene whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 102August 24, 2019 4:03 AM

A DL thread about Somers Farkas from 2011.

She must rub the dust of 10,000 barbecue potato chips on her skin to get that marvelous color. She'd do better to eat them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103August 24, 2019 4:16 AM

Kelly Killoren Bensimon pairs a floral napkin with a retaining wall, sure to be the look of Spring 2020.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104August 24, 2019 4:40 AM

They didn't look like this on Dynasty. Well, the first one, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 105August 24, 2019 5:13 AM

Poppy Dankworth Nithercott-Ecclestone in an exquisite deep blue gown and real mink eyelashes (shaved, not killed) at the Alprostadil Ball, surrounded by her best friends Unity Portendorfer, Muffy Buffy McGuiness, Cornelia Bisby Higgenbothom, Evelyn Clegg-Fellowes, Marisa Sedgewick, Brynne Abercrombie, and Margaret Fartlacht, enjoying the evening air with their stylish escorts from the Foggy Bottom Gay Men's Chorus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106August 24, 2019 5:22 AM

^ These people donate to Trump. Jesus. I may actually vote for Warren.

by Anonymousreply 107August 24, 2019 5:55 AM

"My mistake, the child wasn't born until15 months after the wedding."

It was a long and trying lying-in.

by Anonymousreply 108August 24, 2019 1:14 PM

[quote]No NYSD thread would be complete without Somers "I haven't eaten since 1990" Farkas.

That's "Somers 'Emaciated Sternum' Farkas" to you, Missy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109August 24, 2019 3:56 PM

The gal with the eyelashes in R106 photo is long time La Jolla socialite Sally Thornton, who sadly is no longer with us. Her makeup always looked like that. I could never figure out if she wanted it that way or if someone was playing a goof on her. To add to her look, she had a very long braid all the way down her back, which was sometimes wrapped around in a bun style hairdo.

by Anonymousreply 110August 24, 2019 4:09 PM

Tractor. Cozy.

by Anonymousreply 111August 24, 2019 4:16 PM

Okay, the fifth woman from the left is very attractive- in R106's post.

The men are all bizarre looking and the guy almost behind the attractive lady has a MASK LIKE facelift.

MEN!!! STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM YOUR EYES AND EYE LIDS!!!!!!! (Some under eye work can work out, but generally STAY AWAY FROM YOUR EYES)

And a little filler is good for some gauntness, but DON"T OVERDO IT!!!! The eye work combined with chipmunk cheeks always looks feminine.

by Anonymousreply 112August 24, 2019 4:19 PM

R104 correction: Kelly Killoren Bensimon pairs a floral napkin and 30mg of Zyprexa with a retaining wall, sure to be the look of Spring 2020.

by Anonymousreply 113August 24, 2019 5:22 PM

A little known secret is that Datalounge is the watering hole for the well-heeled of New York, to subtly dish the truth about it’s members via these NYSD threads.

by Anonymousreply 114August 24, 2019 5:24 PM

Sally Thornton's make-up is a work of art.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115August 24, 2019 6:16 PM

It's like if Debbie Reynolds wore full clown makeup.

by Anonymousreply 116August 24, 2019 7:59 PM

r115 r116 She looks a bit like one half of Trixie Mattel.

by Anonymousreply 117August 24, 2019 9:35 PM

The lady in the OP's picture has a kid & grandchildren living in San Francisco by the last name Traina.

Danielle Steele's ex-husband & father of her children is John Traina. Any relation to the Buchanan/Wilsey's mentioned above?

by Anonymousreply 118August 24, 2019 10:16 PM

R118. God knows why I know some these uselessness but in the Town & Country spread on OP’s lady, you find Trevor Traina (Dede Wilsey’ son) and wife visiting. He’s now the ambassador to Austria. Their residence there was recently featured in one of the shelter magazine (AD / Elle decor?) - it was surprisingly repulsive.

by Anonymousreply 119August 24, 2019 10:46 PM

Dede and Danielle are both ex-wives to John Traina.

by Anonymousreply 120August 24, 2019 11:05 PM

[quote]Alexander's was where you took your little kid to buy a new coat for school.

THIS!!!

by Anonymousreply 121August 24, 2019 11:39 PM

[quote]Alexander Farkas, president of Alexander's, was not able to attend his brother's wedding.

Family infighting. Probably about money.

by Anonymousreply 122August 24, 2019 11:47 PM

R118 - read “Oh the Glory of it All”” for a great history of the Trainas/Dede Buchanan Traina Wilsey. Autobiography by Dede’s stepson Sean Wilsey with serious dirt on her and her slimy sons. Great book and scathing insight into these “socialite” creatures.

by Anonymousreply 123August 25, 2019 2:08 AM

The Farkas family all hate each other. The only one with any big money now is Andrew Farkas who continues the famiy tradition of marrying woman at least a foot taller than he is.

by Anonymousreply 124August 25, 2019 3:31 AM

I once floated over the Napa Valley estate of Danielle Steel and John Traina estate (married 1981–1998; divorced) in a hot air balloon. The pilot was gracious enough to point that out and we got a bird's eye view of their roof, patio furniture, and landscape.

Long ago I was acquainted with Pat Montandon (a local SF celeb) who was once married to Al Wilsey. From his obituary, "Being a high-profile businessman at times made his personal life high profile as well. Mr. Wilsey was married four times, first to Doris Duisenberg and next to Lorraine Gaviati. His third marriage, to onetime Examiner columnist Pat Montandon, who had been previously married to attorney Melvin ("The King of Torts") Belli, ended in a very public divorce chronicled in great detail in San Francisco's newspapers. He then married Diane "Dede" Dow Traina, whose great-grandfather started Dow Chemical Co. Her ex-husband, John, a steamship company executive, later had a long marriage to author Danielle Steel."

Small world. Montandon and Belli were only married for a few months. After escaping that marriage she declared he was a raging alcoholic while conducting a successful law career. On the weekend they got married a fire broke out in Montandon's Lombard St apartment (the crooked part of Lombard) and her best friend was killed while sleeping in Montandon's bed. She wrote about her loss in her book "The Intruders." She was truly a nice lady and still going strong at 91.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125August 25, 2019 5:36 AM

R82/YMF, much to read between the lines indeed. On the the other hand, they are still married 48 years later, which one might not have predicted from that announcement. Here they are last year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126August 25, 2019 7:49 AM

These lovely people surely know how to have fun!

by Anonymousreply 127August 25, 2019 7:52 AM

He has to have had money or he would not have been a pal of Epstein R97

by Anonymousreply 128August 25, 2019 1:36 PM

I’ve attended a few of these “parties” and they are insufferable. It’s basically work for these people - another venue to shill yourself and make connections. Nothing fun about it. Some people are capable of interesting conversation - but most are vultures trying to climb the ladder. The idea of having to spend my precious free time at events like this made me realize I just don’t care that much social status. These people really put a lot of work into gaining and maintaining social status - it’s weird and a little sick.

Dede Buchanan’s Traina Wilsey is the perfect example of the sick, twisted people who prioritize these things.

by Anonymousreply 129August 25, 2019 2:40 PM

Read it again R126

That is Somers, his third wife in the photo.

The first wife, Kimberly Harcleroad, was discarded years ago. (She later remarried a Mr. Smith, who owned a bunch of McDonalds, says Google)

Though that same Google search reveals that she and Somers appear to be friends. Sometimes they go out to lunch and split a celery stalk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130August 25, 2019 2:47 PM

Darlings, guess who just died here?

Yes!

David Koch.

If one wants a proper death in summer one must do it in one’s Southampton house. If one dies in winter, perhaps one’s place in Aspen is best. One wouldn’t want to die in Palm Beach in winter. It’s so crowded these days.

by Anonymousreply 131August 25, 2019 5:58 PM

Is Armistead Maupin's DeDe Halcyon a shout-out to Dede Dow Traina?

by Anonymousreply 132August 25, 2019 6:01 PM

Yes R132. Though Armistead’s DeDe has some redeeming qualities. The real one is a nasty cunt to the core.

by Anonymousreply 133August 25, 2019 6:17 PM

James Berwind tries not to sweat through his compression garment before supper.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134August 25, 2019 7:44 PM

R130: Right you are, YMF! My romantic nature overcame my common sense and reading skills. I'm very disappointed.

I'll bet Jonathan Farkas was cute in a Michael Callan sort of way* back in the 1970s.

*YMF, you may need to ask an eldergay to explain who Michael Callan was.

by Anonymousreply 135August 26, 2019 12:09 AM

Which Michael Callan?

by Anonymousreply 136August 26, 2019 2:13 AM

Google says he was one of the leads in West Side Story R135.

Is that whom are you are referring to?

by Anonymousreply 137August 26, 2019 2:17 AM

This one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138August 26, 2019 2:19 AM

Distantly possible, R132, but the character of Prue Giroux is modeled after the aforementioned Pat Montandon, who was and still is, quite fabulous and knows where all the bodies are buried.

by Anonymousreply 139August 26, 2019 2:41 AM

Yes, R127, that's the one.

by Anonymousreply 140August 26, 2019 4:06 AM

Sorry, I mean "yes, R137" - that Michael Callan, from West Side Story, who went on to star in a number of movies and TV shows in the '60s and '70s.

by Anonymousreply 141August 26, 2019 4:13 AM

Somers & Jonathan divorced back in 2005.

by Anonymousreply 142August 26, 2019 4:02 PM

But I think they married again in 2006 with a new prenup.

Not sure if they've divorced again.

Anyone?

by Anonymousreply 143August 26, 2019 4:09 PM

No date on this interview with Ms. Farkle but it's an interesting read.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144August 26, 2019 5:09 PM

I always see the Farkas in these NYSD threads. What is the source of their wealth?

by Anonymousreply 145August 26, 2019 5:14 PM

[quote]OCCUPATION: Philanthropist and wife of Jonathan Farkas

What a fucking life!

by Anonymousreply 146August 26, 2019 6:53 PM

That interview with Somers is hilarious. I loved the part where she talked about scarfing down lobster, steak and shrimp for dinner. RIGHT.

by Anonymousreply 147August 26, 2019 7:45 PM

[quote]KDH: If you could have anyone at your Hamptons dinner party (dead or alive) who would you invite? SF: Daddy died 25 years ago, and it is he whom I’d embrace more than all others.

Ok, that is probably the most hilarious thing I will read all day.

by Anonymousreply 148August 26, 2019 8:07 PM

Reading NYSD makes me grateful for my own, humble little life

by Anonymousreply 149August 26, 2019 9:01 PM

Aren’t the Traina’s Danielle Steele’s children? She married and divorced a Traina.

by Anonymousreply 150August 26, 2019 9:20 PM

[quote]KDH: What is your favorite restaurant in the Hamptons? SF: If not eating the BEST steamed shrimp from Mr. Schmidt at home, my favorite restaurant is SHIPPY’S, in Southampton. Not only does it serve the most delicious steaks and lobster, but the people there are fantastic, and the booths cozy on a chilly fall night; the service too is impeccable and the ambiance comforting. My favorite dish is shrimp cocktail, with extra red cabbage and a very dry martini!

by Anonymousreply 151August 26, 2019 9:35 PM

it’s “Shippy’s Pumpernickel” .

by Anonymousreply 152August 26, 2019 10:10 PM

Ladies, ladies... let's not forget what is important here. Calling out the uneven tan lines and egregious sterna of the PYT of Newport.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153August 27, 2019 12:07 AM

Social x-rays

by Anonymousreply 154August 27, 2019 12:13 AM

Don't forget ME! I've also done interior design for the Royal Family of Kuwait, decorating multiple homes for them during the invasion of their country.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155August 27, 2019 4:17 AM

R150, Danielle Steel has been married and divorced so many times and picked up stepchildren and spawn along the way. Likely she has no idea how many. There's a lot of intermarrying in her tribe.

by Anonymousreply 156August 28, 2019 4:59 PM

Truly the most divine thread currently on DL, without a contest.

My joy extends to r80--"Lever le Toit," indeed--hard "t" at the end of "Toit," I presume?

And please don't neglect to notice the klutz in cerulean in the Alexander's video at r101, at the :16 mark, plowing into an extra and then pretending she didn't!

by Anonymousreply 157August 28, 2019 5:33 PM

Lever le Toit roughly translates to Flush the Shitter.

by Anonymousreply 158August 28, 2019 7:15 PM

Yes, R157, it is a great thread. ANYONE with an internet connection can yammer on about Hollywood types. But it takes a special home with genuine NYC connections to pick apart these crazy-assed people. I know most of them got their inside knowledge as cater waiters for Glorious Food, but I don't care.

by Anonymousreply 159August 29, 2019 12:40 PM

Grace (the Face) Meighan and husband Chris grimace in delight at they attend yet another benefit. Always giving back!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160August 29, 2019 5:57 PM

You can never be too rich, thin or miserable!

by Anonymousreply 161August 29, 2019 7:49 PM

R160 They must be funny company.

by Anonymousreply 162August 29, 2019 9:49 PM

Diary of socialite Muffy Potter Aston.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163August 29, 2019 11:47 PM

Muffy and her living corpse husband out on the town. She has a receding hairline.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164August 29, 2019 11:49 PM

It's Muffy and Somers!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165August 29, 2019 11:51 PM

Girl. The hairline.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166August 29, 2019 11:52 PM

[quote]She has a receding hairline.

That's an understatement. She looks like she's half Klingon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167August 29, 2019 11:55 PM

The skies above my house are blazing tonight with the lights of small planes & private jets heading back west from East Hampton Airport.

Only secretaries & college kids leave the city on Fridays for a getaway to the Hamptons. The movers and shakers head out on Thursday afternoon and evening via air. Their caretakers will pick them up in their Escalades and deposit them home to a light supper of refreshing salad, cheese plate & wine.

My husband saw Jimmy Fallon in KMart parking lot the other day laden down with swim noodles and pool inflatables. Must be having a kids party.

by Anonymousreply 168August 30, 2019 12:47 AM

[quote]My husband saw Jimmy Fallon in KMart parking lot the other day laden down with swim noodles and pool inflatables. Must be having a kids party.

Or he's blackout drunk and has no idea where the fuck he is or what he's doing.

by Anonymousreply 169August 30, 2019 1:19 AM

Jimmy doesn't even have kids! Just sad, sad alcoholism.

by Anonymousreply 170August 30, 2019 1:46 AM

r159 You must be pretty handsome back then. I read that back when Glorious Food used to cater for the Met Gala, all the attendees (male & female) wanted most to sleep with the waiters.

by Anonymousreply 171August 30, 2019 1:51 AM

R166, my grandmother would have called her homely.

by Anonymousreply 172August 30, 2019 2:32 AM

Muffie is up on the socials!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173August 30, 2019 2:36 AM

[quote] Jimmy doesn't even have kids! Just sad, sad alcoholism.

He has two kids. Maybe you're the alcoholic

by Anonymousreply 174August 30, 2019 3:09 AM

I hate that I know this, but the Fallons do have a pool.

by Anonymousreply 175August 30, 2019 4:44 AM

A swimming pool can be very dangerous when there's an alcoholic in the house.

by Anonymousreply 176August 30, 2019 5:15 AM

Brenda Vaccaro spent 15 minutes talking to dear Zandra Rhodes before she realized that it wasn't Cyndi Lauper. Brenda thinks Zandra is an absolute hoot!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177September 22, 2019 7:07 PM

Brenda has had GOOD work. Never a beauty, christ, this bitch was barely a 3 or 4- but her skin looks on point, eyes don't look freaky, and that bitch looks good for pushing 80!!!!

by Anonymousreply 178September 22, 2019 7:40 PM

r18 I adore the great hall and staircase.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179September 22, 2019 8:34 PM

I presume there was no need for Bren and Zan to discuss tampon tips.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180September 22, 2019 8:45 PM

Brenda Vaccaro, the face of menstruation.

by Anonymousreply 181September 22, 2019 10:22 PM

These are some ugly ass women. With their money they should look a lot better.

by Anonymousreply 182September 22, 2019 10:36 PM

It’s funny how these people are convinced everyone is fascinated by them, but I wonder how they’d feel knowing that this thread is having a field day with their waspy little world. People like this are convinced everyone loves them and are so surprised when they realize people think of them like they think of cartoon characters.

I will admit the pearls in r160’s photo are spectacular.

by Anonymousreply 183September 22, 2019 10:44 PM

Same, r182. I'm always amazed that people who have so much money and are "high society" can look so busted. And have no personal taste or style.

by Anonymousreply 184September 22, 2019 10:50 PM

Lookit this fox (Wayne Chatfield-Taylor from 1966)! I really can spend hours reading all the social history columns on the NYSD. And David Patrick Columbia is an animal lover, who is always reminding us to take good care of our pets.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185September 22, 2019 11:00 PM

r185, is that Adele Chatfield Taylor's and (virile) husband John Guare's brother and brother-in-law, respectively?

by Anonymousreply 186September 22, 2019 11:09 PM

R186, Frankly, I don't know. Here's the full blurb for the photo:

[quote]Mr. Chatfield-Taylor’s namesake Wayne Chatfield-Taylor was president of the Export-Import Bank in Washington as well as FDR’s Under-Secretary of Commerce and Assistant Secretary of Treasury. The family’s Lake Forest mansion “Bluff’s Edge” at 620 Lake Road is regarded as an architectural landmark.

Here's the full (long) article. An interesting glimpse into affluent lives in the 1960s. I get lost in some of these articles, since they're so rich in detail.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187September 22, 2019 11:12 PM

Having finally gotten her opioid-induced constipation under control, Alyson Cafiero feels an oopsie coming on when the Movantik kicks in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188September 23, 2019 2:34 AM

The Catwoman creature on the far right in r188's photos is scary.

by Anonymousreply 189September 23, 2019 2:56 AM

Ladies, I give you Wayne Chatfield-Taylor. Today. More or less.

The clock stops at midnight for no one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190September 24, 2019 7:23 PM

It's a wacky Waspy World!

by Anonymousreply 191September 25, 2019 7:20 PM

It’s a mark of genuine WASP to pull off pearls on a speedboat, which the woman in r187’s photo certainly does.

I salute her.

by Anonymousreply 192September 27, 2019 1:31 PM

r192 One does need something to clutch at all times.

by Anonymousreply 193September 28, 2019 1:10 AM

Wayne Chatfield-Taylor was a cute twink

by Anonymousreply 194September 28, 2019 3:08 PM

Most underrated thread series on DL. I don't even live on the East Coast.

by Anonymousreply 195September 29, 2019 2:30 PM

It's over the heads of some DL trash.

by Anonymousreply 196September 29, 2019 2:48 PM

Dear, sweet r193, these women do not clutch pearls, they sniff disapprovingly and whisper about “revoking membership”, unless it is behavior exhibited by their own families.

Besides, you can’t steer a boat, and clutch pearls and a tumbler full of Gin Rickey and a cigarette all at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 197September 29, 2019 3:00 PM

Darling, Yes You Can. Ask me how I know.

by Anonymousreply 198September 29, 2019 3:12 PM

Posting from hell is hard; the assistants don't fear me here for some reason.

R198 was addressed to R197.

by Anonymousreply 199September 29, 2019 3:14 PM

My God this is my absolute MOST FAVORITE thread ever!

I'm about to piss myself from laughing so hard!

Sally Thornton's makeup looks like something out of HR Pufnstuf!

I so wanna fuck the living shit out of Terence Hunter. I work in a warehouse and drive a forklift. Think he would look down on me or consider it a thrill as I wreck his upper crust hole a new one?

by Anonymousreply 200September 29, 2019 3:50 PM

R190 that is TRAGIC. He was a work of art in the old photos.

By the way, thanks for those, r187 and others. I have no idea who any of the people are but I love looking at old photos. There is so much more open space and it allows the grandeur of those nice old buildings to make a statement. These days it’s all too crowded.

by Anonymousreply 201September 29, 2019 5:52 PM

[quote]She was known to be the best titty fuck on the North Shore of Long Island.

I keep imagining Larry David saying this.

by Anonymousreply 202September 29, 2019 5:54 PM

True about every place being crowded these days.

by Anonymousreply 203September 29, 2019 5:56 PM

I'm amazed at how so many people with so much $$$ and access to the best things in life can look so busted and strange.

by Anonymousreply 204September 29, 2019 5:58 PM

The Zing into Spring 2019 thread was great too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205September 29, 2019 7:18 PM

R205 thanks!

by Anonymousreply 206September 29, 2019 7:45 PM

I just reread this whole thread

by Anonymousreply 207October 1, 2019 1:34 AM

Having a father associated with Don the Beachcomber while living in Atlanta was a tipoff that the first Farkas marriage was not made in heaven, even if she wasn't knocked-up. Atlanta just means superficial pretentious trash who can't show their face in NYC anymore.

by Anonymousreply 208April 11, 2020 2:15 AM

How many of the people in these pictures are now dead?

by Anonymousreply 209April 11, 2020 5:01 AM

I give up, how many?

by Anonymousreply 210April 11, 2020 5:31 AM

Who is that in OP's photo... Jarec Wentworth, fresh from prison?

by Anonymousreply 211April 11, 2020 5:39 AM

Woooweee, That there Miz Cuntington sure do look like one of them High Society types in her fancy fur-covered rolling chair.

She reminds me of our neighbor Miz Drysdale when it come to being fancy and High Society like.

And there ain't many can hold a candle to Miz Drysdale, no siree.

I always say when it come to Society doings, why Miz Drysdale is one of the first hogs to the trough.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212April 11, 2020 6:09 AM

[quote]How many of the people in these pictures are now dead?

How many of them were dead in the photos?

by Anonymousreply 213April 11, 2020 6:13 AM

And where the fuck is Ramona Singer with her bloated belly and double-D breast implants?

by Anonymousreply 214April 11, 2020 6:17 AM

[quote]Wayne Chatfield-Taylor was a cute twink

During the Roosevelt Administration?

by Anonymousreply 215April 11, 2020 6:19 AM

Ah, young love...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216April 11, 2020 6:35 AM

[R190] I am going to stand up and defend Wayne Chatfield-Taylor.

Time marches on, and youth is gone, and, as the lovely Miss Monroe observed, we all lose our charms in the end.

But he is a staunchly-little-dog-and-cocktail-holding member of the gay upper class and is not not pretending he looks 30 in the right light.

I salute him for aging realistically and as a dandy.

by Anonymousreply 217April 11, 2020 6:41 AM

OMG, Muffie Potter Aston, you are just a walking billboard for....uh

For...natural beauty

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218April 11, 2020 6:43 AM

[quote]I am going to stand up and defend Wayne Chatfield-Taylor

Wait! Let me help you out of that chair!

You know what the doctor said about standing.

by Anonymousreply 219April 11, 2020 6:47 AM

Well, thank you most kindly, [R219]. It has been a very long time since a young gentleman has come to my assistance in such a helpful way. Why, I was just speaking with President FDR (a dear personal friend of mine)...

by Anonymousreply 220April 11, 2020 7:00 AM

What are these genteel people doing THIS SPRING?

by Anonymousreply 221April 11, 2020 8:40 AM

These threads are endlessly entertaining. yes, the people (and the clothes!) are ugly but the idea that "society" in some provincial burg like Atlanta or Denver is better looking misses the point. But I'm reminded that this is a kind of well photographed nouveau riche (or buccaneer rich--I'm thinking of that "Baroness" with the bad makeup). A number of years ago, I was staying at very nice hotel in Bangkok that happened to be hosting a reception for Thaksin Shinawatra, shortly before he became Prime Minister of Thailand. Thaksin could be considered something of a Thai Trump--his origins are different--the poor side of a wealthy family but he gained a fortune through corruption, was fashioning a dynasty, and was pretty vulgar authoritarian person. The hotel that hosted this reception was not the best hotel (that would be the oriental) where I assume he would have been unwelcome. The women didn't wear outlandish outfits (very un-Thai) but they had a ton of plastic surgery and between that and troweled-on makeup they had no discernable emotion. The men included a lot of ancient Sino-Thai "tycoons" (a n Anglo-Thai term) doddering into the hotel with canes. The whole thing was surreal and, oddly for a Thai event, there wasn't much food around. The Thai aristocracy (which is enormous in size) shunned Thaksin and he was brought down in a military coup that even people who hated the military came think was a good idea. So, basically Somers Farkas and her friends attending a Trump anniversary party have their equivalents elsewhere. People who argue that they raise money for small museums and obscure causes forget that these events cost money, as do the hideous clothes and really the old money trick of giving anonymously or at least discreetly (which a name in the annual report of the org) would be cheaper.

Even people with recent, unglamorous money often prefer to play the game of giving you a small piece of the story. I think its a mix of modesty and seeing if you know who they are and are smart enough not to be gouche about it or try to get favors from them based on their wealth and position. Not long ago, I had social conversation with a colleague. He mentioned being from Cleveland, specifically a small suburb that looks more like a New England town than most New England towns (where aluminum siding is prohibited) and having a mother from the South. The name of the town and his surname instantly told me that he was very old money and his mother was probably some improverished, but well born belle whose family lived near the family estate in the Georgia riding country. We never discussed those details, but we didn't need to do. That's the essence of provincial "society" and I'm sure they got it from the Astors et al.

by Anonymousreply 222April 11, 2020 12:46 PM

Excellent parody, R222.

by Anonymousreply 223April 11, 2020 2:12 PM

R222. “Georgia riding country”. Do you mean, three wheel ATV riding?

by Anonymousreply 224April 11, 2020 2:14 PM

Darling R222, you can only be speaking of Binks Miller, of the East Cleveland Millers

by Anonymousreply 225April 11, 2020 2:37 PM

[quote]Father worked at "Don the Beachcomber" apparel... but she went to finishing school

Don the Beachcomber was a chain of restaurants. We used to go to the one in San Diego. I don't know if the chain is still in business or not.

by Anonymousreply 226April 12, 2020 3:24 AM

Ironically, R222's verbosity is the only unfunny thing in this entire thread.

by Anonymousreply 227April 12, 2020 3:35 AM

[quote]Muffy and her living corpse husband out on the town. She has a receding hairline.

You try smoothing your wrinkles out by stretching your vag up to your chin and tell me how your hairline looks

(And maybe it was just a windy day or a bad angle...)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228April 12, 2020 3:48 AM

Alexander's was a chain of stores that started in 1928 and filed for bankruptcy and closed all ots stores in 1992.

by Anonymousreply 229April 12, 2020 3:48 AM

The Farkas family kept the real estate after the stores went tits-up. and have been arguing about the proceeds ever since.

by Anonymousreply 230April 12, 2020 3:50 AM

Yikes, R228 - that's horrendous

So Dr Aston doesn't do hair transplants, huh?

by Anonymousreply 231April 12, 2020 3:51 AM

Gallery owner Mary Boone goes to jail for tax fraud, but ancient horndog DA Morgenthau said Countess Helen was too old to go to jail for non payment of sale tax and was fined over $600,000.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232April 12, 2020 4:11 AM

Sally Thornton

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233April 12, 2020 4:15 AM

Sally Thornton

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234April 12, 2020 4:15 AM

Mary Boone is a vile human being. I had dealings with that wench back in the day. Her and Barbara Castelli. Ee-yeek.

by Anonymousreply 235April 12, 2020 4:18 AM

RIP Sally Thornton, the Mary Kay wet dream that she was

by Anonymousreply 236April 12, 2020 4:27 AM

How long is Somers Farkas from end to end?

by Anonymousreply 237April 12, 2020 4:32 AM

Swells dressed for the fall season back in 1918.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238April 12, 2020 5:02 AM

About 20 minutes, not counting the cigarette, [R237].

by Anonymousreply 239April 12, 2020 5:08 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!