Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Did you know Ann and Nancy Wilson of Heart have reconciled?

I just heard they were on tour and will play the Hollywood Bowl next month. Good for both of them but I still worry about Ann.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60September 23, 2019 12:58 AM

I thought Nancy Wilson died.

by Anonymousreply 1August 22, 2019 10:13 PM

Reconciled for lucrative touring money, I’d guess

by Anonymousreply 2August 22, 2019 10:14 PM

Yay fantastic news

by Anonymousreply 3August 22, 2019 10:16 PM

Would it make a good story for Ryan Murphy's Feud?

by Anonymousreply 4August 22, 2019 10:26 PM

I doubt they need the money, R2. At least Nancy doesn't--she's married to Cameron Crowe.

by Anonymousreply 5August 22, 2019 10:31 PM

Always loved Nancy Wilson—she is a virtuoso guitarist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6August 22, 2019 10:32 PM

LOVE those bitches ! This video says it all about their talent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7August 22, 2019 10:40 PM

Who cares?

by Anonymousreply 8August 22, 2019 10:43 PM

They were a dynamic duo back in the day—Ann had an amazing voice, and Nancy was an incredibly skilled guitar player. They still more or less both are today. Ann's range has diminished a bit which is natural with age, but she can still sing like crazy.

by Anonymousreply 9August 22, 2019 10:46 PM

I want to know why they parted ways with Sue Ennis

by Anonymousreply 10August 22, 2019 10:47 PM

R5, Nancy divorced Cameron nine years ago.

by Anonymousreply 11August 22, 2019 10:48 PM

Nancy has long been divorced from Cameron Crowe. She's remarried now; I can't remember to to, but he's not famous. Both Ann and Nancy have obliterated their faces with plastic surgery. Ann is married to some weird, homey guy; he slapped around Nancy's twin boys (a surrogate carried them; neither Wilson sister has actual biological children) and that caused a big rift between them. My guess is that they're touring together because they want the money. I think they're both well off and don't need to do it, but I suppose the money is too good for them to pass up. I wouldn't go see them. Ann is 69, Nancy is 65. Who the hell wants to see Ann screeching through "Magic Man" and "Barracuda" at her age? Nancy probably wouldn't come across much better, still playing the guitar banging rock chick age 65. Rock stars just never know when to quit.

by Anonymousreply 12August 22, 2019 10:48 PM

I had no idea Nancy divorced Cameron either. I don't exactly follow up the news on them though.

by Anonymousreply 13August 22, 2019 10:53 PM

You’re such a prize, r12. If they want to play and people want to go and hear them, who are you to say they shouldn’t be doing this or that because of their age? Should they be doomed to become the Golden Girls?

You sound like a complete drag.

by Anonymousreply 14August 22, 2019 11:03 PM

Believe it or nor, Ann has money and Nancy doesn't.

Ann had no interest in reforming Heart. And yes, she is married to a crazy man. He did smack around Nancys' kids (once on a parked tour bus) but they probably deserved it.

There was a great article either in V.F. or Rolling Stone that explained the whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 15August 22, 2019 11:10 PM

I doubt they're rich - well-off, probably, but not loaded. Their songwriting royalties would've tapered off by now, most of their income would be from touring, and they're not playing stadiums anymore. And the last tour Ann did with her goofball husband, they stayed at RV parks while on tour. That just screams economizing.

by Anonymousreply 16August 22, 2019 11:12 PM

[QUOTE] Believe it or nor, Ann has money and Nancy doesn't.

Did Nancy blow it on...blow?

I would think if they wrote some of their songs they’d have publishing money. I feel like I heard the power chords to “Barracuda” on many radio and TV commercials through the years. Their big selling Capital stuff like “These Dreams” were from outside writers.

by Anonymousreply 17August 22, 2019 11:18 PM

Wow, thanks for the info, one of them was on Stern not long ago, Nancy I believe, but the interview was boring and now I know why. None of the above was mentioned, she mostly played IIRC. They successfully transitioned into the 80s where so many other 70s classic rock bands didn't (see also Jefferson Airplane and its various iterations), then they were gone. I don't remember hearing much about them or their rift either, unlike all the other famous feuds. Plus the elephant - almost literally- in the room with Ann's Delta-Burke like weight gain.

by Anonymousreply 18August 22, 2019 11:23 PM

This tour will be a sell-out. Lots of people still love Heart and Ann can still sing. It sounds like a fun night out.

by Anonymousreply 19August 22, 2019 11:30 PM

After Cindy Birdsong, Mary Wilson was my favorite.

by Anonymousreply 20August 22, 2019 11:45 PM

Ann's husband hit Nancy's teenage son as a result of an incident where he purposely let Ann's dog "escape" the tour bus . This was after the boy had been asked several times to be careful and after being admonished again, told Ann's husband to fuck off. The slapping was not an appropriate response, however the kid was a jerk and Ann's husband was prosecuted. Both Ann and her husband spent quite a bit of time in my neighborhood last year and he seemed like a decent sort and was very solicitous of her.

by Anonymousreply 21August 22, 2019 11:47 PM

Poor Ann and Nancy reduced to the little sheds tour. They get to do an arena when it's 8 acts billed together like Pat Benatar, Joan Jett, etc.

Stevie still plays and sells out arenas SOLO!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22August 22, 2019 11:59 PM

Someone I know just saw them in Atlanta and said they were great

by Anonymousreply 23August 23, 2019 12:38 AM

They have been touring all summer so this isn't exactly news. I saw them 2 weeks ago with Joan Jett and they were both fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 24August 23, 2019 12:47 AM

Love Heart, love their earlier songs more than "These Dreams," etc. Both women are beautiful, although Ann struggles with weight. I thought it was really sad to watch concert footage. Ann is the damn lead singer and because she was overweight, the camera was always on Nancy instead.

Ann does dress crappy, though. She should get someone to custom-sew stage outfits for her. There are ways to play up or mitigate your figure, even if you're overweight. Stevie Nicks is also overweight, but she takes care in how she dresses for the stage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25August 23, 2019 12:47 AM

"You sound like a complete drag."

Hey, if you find it appealing to watch old ladies trying to act like they're still 25 year old rock goddesses, then by all means go for it. But it doesn't seem very enticing to me. I think it would be pretty sad to see fat Ann, done up from head to toe in black to hide her fat, screaming her lungs out. And poor Nancy, making her sexy rock star guitarist "moves", her face unrecognizable from plastic surgery. It's really very sad to see old female rock stars, way past their prime, shaking their asses onstage and trying to be sexy and alluring. These two should know it's time to give it up.

by Anonymousreply 26August 23, 2019 1:17 AM

Funny how some people think female rockers/musicians should stop at a "certain age" but no one says anything about McCartney or Jagger or Manilow or...(insert male performer over 70)...getting up on stage.

by Anonymousreply 27August 23, 2019 1:23 AM

Hi Barbra.

by Anonymousreply 28August 23, 2019 1:30 AM

Good news you didn't know you needed. Thanks OP.

by Anonymousreply 29August 23, 2019 1:30 AM

R26, you sound like a miserable person. You hate old people, you hate fat people, you hate women... of course, you hate yourself most of all. Take care.

by Anonymousreply 30August 23, 2019 1:51 AM

It was terrible how when Ann put on weight, they would hide her in music videos.

That would never happen today.

by Anonymousreply 31August 23, 2019 1:52 AM

Ann Wilson is The Queen of Rock!

Is it true she and Nancy used to lez each other with Stevie Nicks?

by Anonymousreply 32August 23, 2019 2:02 AM

R30 you sound like a pathetic smitten fangurl for the over the hill Wilson sisters. How sad.

by Anonymousreply 33August 23, 2019 2:06 AM

Actually, the RS article made both Ann and her Svengali sound like total douches. Yeah, it makes total sense to hit your wife's nephew in the head because he didn't close a door and then choke the other one. I am glad that Ann didn't hit rock bottom before she reconciled with Nancy. It can't be easy to be a fat girl who's never been married and finally get a guy who beats the shit out of your nephews. Even Sue Innes cut Ann off, so that does sound pretty serious.

Nancy had co-songwriter credits on all those songs so whatever Ann got, Nancy also got. She's married to a Fox executive who is in charge of music and she also does consultation on many of their shows. Ann's husband hasn't had a job in decades and you can check that out.

by Anonymousreply 34August 23, 2019 2:08 AM

They played an arena show in my hometown a couple of years ago and rocked the roof off. Nancy seemed rusty and off tempo for the first two songs, but then they did "Crazy on You" and everything clicked for the rest of the night. One of the best concerts I've ever been to.

by Anonymousreply 35August 23, 2019 2:12 AM

I wonder what Ann’s pussy looks like.

by Anonymousreply 36August 23, 2019 2:19 AM

Ann evidently has shitty taste in men. Her first love, the "Magic Man", was Mike Fisher, a draft dodger who eventually became Heart's sound technician. She followed him to Canada, and he became her Svengali. He was a controlling prick, but she lapped it up. His brother, Roger Fisher, a member of the band, immediately "made a beeline" for Ann's little sister Nancy when she came to play in the band at Ann's request. He kept trying to get into her pants until she finally "caved in" and became his lover. He was a druggie prone to violent outbursts. Eventually Ann and Nancy cut the Fisher brothers loose. Both brothers seemed to be unable to keep their dicks in their pants. I think Roger Fisher has at least half a dozen children. And Michael Fisher is said to have ELEVEN.

by Anonymousreply 37August 23, 2019 2:22 AM

Just speculating, but I would guess Ann might have self-esteem issues (due to weight). In reality, she has one of if not the best female voice in rock. She is also good-looking. Just needs to keep her weight in check and dress for her body type.

by Anonymousreply 38August 23, 2019 2:53 AM

Stevie Nicks was the same way during her horrid The Other Side of The Mirror and Timespace eras. Just everything was wrong from hair to footwear to costumes, everything looked wrong because she was just SO fat. It’s a wonder she was able to pull herself out of that hot mess.

by Anonymousreply 39August 23, 2019 4:04 AM

I didn’t even know they were estranged.

by Anonymousreply 40August 23, 2019 4:17 AM

[quote] It was terrible how when Ann put on weight, they would hide her in music videos.

[quote] That would never happen today.

Agree 100% with the first statement. But I do think that would indeed happen today.

by Anonymousreply 41August 23, 2019 7:05 AM

R41, they tried to hide Paula Abdul as well, but it wasn't just videos. Her management team was so worried about the image that they banned cameras from their concerts but the stories were out that she'd gained an excessive amount of weight and people often left the concerts making jokes about her weight. Everyone was talking and laughing about it, although revisionist history says otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 42August 23, 2019 5:15 PM

Jabba can’t keep her weight down either.

but Madonna can!

by Anonymousreply 43August 23, 2019 5:41 PM

They are such a mess and don’t know when to quit. Nancy’s plastic surgery is off the charts, footage of this current tour shows them looking and sounding sluggish, slow and out of tune. When will they fucking stop with the touring? I’m embarrassed for them but their old hippie fans keep blowing smoke up their asses with comments on FB like: “Sisters Rawk!”, “So glad you ladies are back!”, and “Ann’s the Queen!”.

Enough is enough.

by Anonymousreply 44August 23, 2019 5:52 PM

Even in her younger days Ann Wilson was "big." At least 150 pounds at her slimmest. She said she was always able to "cover it up" but eventually she got so big that no amount of fabric could disguise the fact she was obese. She had some kind of gastric bypass surgery which I think helped the situation some, but she's still huge. I guess she got the fat gene in the family. Nancy was always thin. Some wag told Nancy "Ann had the face and you have the ass!"

by Anonymousreply 45August 23, 2019 8:27 PM

Ann is rich and Nancy is poor?

Nancy's teenage boys deserved to be hit and choked out by a man 3x their age?

HAHAHAHA.

by Anonymousreply 46August 23, 2019 8:42 PM

Ann's still bitter their first #1 didn't contain her lead vocals.

by Anonymousreply 47August 23, 2019 8:43 PM

I worked in catering and we did the Heart concert in my hometown in 1979. There were all sorts of things going on in the dressing rooms, but I remember that Ann & Nancy's parents were there and traveled with them frequently. The parents ate with the roadies and it was funny to see these Teamsters and tough guys being super polite, solicitous, and friendly to them, offering them seconds, dessert, etc. I thought, well those girls were brought up right. I have loved every bit of success that the sisters have had because of that one night.

by Anonymousreply 48August 23, 2019 11:20 PM

Creative photography can hide weight gain!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49August 24, 2019 12:14 AM

Quite well!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50August 24, 2019 12:15 AM

Extreme facial close ups are used to hide a big body. At one point Ann Wilson's closeups were so extreme that pretty much all you saw was her eyes.

by Anonymousreply 51August 24, 2019 2:43 AM

I saw them last month in Chicago and they KILLED it. Ann’s range is terrific and she’s 69! They were awesome.

by Anonymousreply 52August 24, 2019 2:54 AM

the video where they put Ann in a welders outfit LOL

by Anonymousreply 53August 24, 2019 3:47 AM

One video had a long shot of her leaning over a piano in a muu-muu so you couldn't see her size. The highlight or lowlight was where they had to stretch the screen to make her look thin.

by Anonymousreply 54August 24, 2019 3:37 PM

They didn’t try to make Ann look thinner in this video, I think they were going for an earthy approach for this very strong single. I thought for sure this was going to be a monster head, but tastes change.

Howie Leeds looks better than either sister here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55August 24, 2019 3:56 PM

*HIT, not head

by Anonymousreply 56August 24, 2019 3:57 PM

R55, I LOVED that song! I was a senior in high school!

And it was a modest hit, and the only hit on that album- which was their first bomb album in a while, and really their last album that sold anything.

Comeback was definitely with Led Zeppelin cover, and when that country bitch sang their song on American Idiot.

by Anonymousreply 57August 24, 2019 4:07 PM

R55, they didn't hide her weight because Nancy sang lead and was the primary visual focus.

by Anonymousreply 58August 24, 2019 4:22 PM

After seeing this thread I bought tickets to their show at the Hollywood Bowl. I had been meaning to come back and report and I have to say they really killed it. It was a slow start because they started abruptly and did a string of covers so the audience was tepid but it turned into a cracker of a show. Nancy covered “The Boxer” and really impressed me. They did “Stairway to Heaven” in the encore and it was almost as good as the 2012 Kennedy Center version. I’m too young to remember them in their heyday so yes I’m sure Ann’s voice has diminished since her prime but wow what a voice she still has. I’m (29) used to going to shows with my friends where the live singing always disappoints and sounds terrible compared to the recording. I brought a friend who has never been to see an “oldie” band and he was just completely blown away. So thanks DL for tipping me off to the show, it was a really great night and a nice way to close out the summer.

Joan Jett was also on the bill. Not someone I was overly familiar with but she was great. Has great stage presence.

by Anonymousreply 59September 23, 2019 12:34 AM

Bitches tried to copy my look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60September 23, 2019 12:58 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!