Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Nanny Floor Plan

Everyone on here talks about how confusing the Golden Girls house floor plan is, but the Nanny floor plan is more confusing than the floor plan of Kubrick’s The Shining.

How does the floor plan work? How does one get to the dining room or the kitchen? Logically, the kitchen should be where Mr. Sheffield’s office is since it has a back door.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8December 4, 2019 6:57 AM

I hate to break it to you OP, but it was a set made for television, it wasn't a real house

by Anonymousreply 1December 4, 2019 4:12 AM

R1 You don't even GO here!

by Anonymousreply 2December 4, 2019 4:14 AM

I wish this thread was occurring in 1995.

by Anonymousreply 3December 4, 2019 4:16 AM

It's now apartments, four per floor. One rented as recently as October for $3895/mo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4December 4, 2019 4:24 AM

I know how you feel, OP.

This is why I've been taking oxycodone for the last 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 5December 4, 2019 4:25 AM

R1 is right r2. TV floor plans never make sense - especially in 3 camera sitcoms where the space is almost always 2 to 3 times as wide as it would be in real life. Some sitcoms were smarter about it, like Maude, Soap and Roseanne (although don't get me started on that fairly spacious main floor en suite master in a blue collar 1920's bungalow), which gave you front to back cross sections of the house. Then you see something like the Bunker house on All in the Family - which from the opening credits is clearly a typical outer Queens bungalow that can't be more than 20 feet wide. Somehow the set is a fairly shallow ranch house space at least 60 feet wide with a side staircase to nowhere. It was always more about camera placement and room to room flow for filming than being real. I know many have complained about the fiscal impossibilities of the Friends ginormous apartments, but as someone who has lived in the West Village is was more about the fact that those two apartments across the hall from each other were clearly from buildings constructed in two different eras and how the hell can a building building that small have two corner units facing the street?

by Anonymousreply 6December 4, 2019 4:52 AM

I disagree most floorplans are entirely do-able, though there are exceptions like the GG.

by Anonymousreply 7December 4, 2019 6:55 AM

You need a hobby hon.

by Anonymousreply 8December 4, 2019 6:57 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!