Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Transgender rugby player playing with 'a smile on my face'

Some choice quotes:

[quote] At nearly 6ft she stands out among her team-mates, and club captain Jessica Minty-Madley recounts a time she folded an opponent "like a deckchair".

[quote] That said, Kelly, 33, accepts transgender women may have an advantage in terms of size and strength. "I do feel guilty, but what can you do?" she says. "I don't go out to hurt anybody. I just want to play rugby."

[quote] [The team's founder] can't resist a joke, though, adding: "She's going to be a good, good player for the next few years, as long as we can stop her injuring players in training."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 22, 2019 10:10 PM

[quote] I just want to play rugby."

So play on the men's team. If you "just want to play rugby" then why is being on the "women's" team important to you?

Oh yeah. The "validation" is more important than you being able to play rugby.

by Anonymousreply 1August 22, 2019 2:46 PM

[quote] [The Welsh team's founder] can't resist a joke

They won't be laughing and "joking" when the Asians get a bunch of sumo-heavy T males to play in their national female team - and start bulldozing the Welsh team in each international match.

The Welsh team think they can win the trophy by smuggling a 6 ft male on to their team - but their competitor countries will soon wisen up to this trick and start using the same strategy against Wales.

I bet when the Welsh team starts getting pummelled by 6 ft Chinese "women", and starts losing any chance at medaling because of such Asian competitor teams - Wales will be the first to cry foul and complain that it's suddenly "not fair".

by Anonymousreply 2August 22, 2019 3:00 PM

Why is a MAN playing on a women's team???

by Anonymousreply 3August 22, 2019 3:03 PM

Sounds totally fair. /s/

by Anonymousreply 4August 22, 2019 3:08 PM

Cracking a joke about a man hurting women, what a world.

by Anonymousreply 5August 22, 2019 3:12 PM

[quote]That said, Kelly, 33, accepts transgender women may have an advantage in terms of size and strength. "I do feel guilty, but what can you do?" she says.

They can NOT let an XY man play with XX women. That would be fair.

I swear, by the end of this decade, people will look back at the early 2000s and wonder "WTF were they thinking?" Just like we did at the turn of the new millennium and looked back at the '50 and beyond.

by Anonymousreply 6August 22, 2019 3:13 PM

I meant by the end of this century.

by Anonymousreply 7August 22, 2019 3:13 PM

When the Welsh so-called 'female' team will play England, the English female team will probably also (in response and in defence) recruit 6 ft males to play as 'women' for them - to show the Welsh how "funny" the situation is.

Here's a list of candidates: the biggest, scariest males in rugby. I'm sure some of them are down for 1 year on testosterone block - in exchange for a guaranteed World Gold Rugby Medal (in an easier category), a cash prize for 1st place and a multi-million fortune in sponsorships.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8August 22, 2019 3:29 PM

Link:

Let's see if the Welsh ladies (and 1 guy) can stand up to this - from their future opponent teams.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9August 22, 2019 3:34 PM

I recently un-followed a gay guy on Twitter because I was so sick of his tweets about trans issues. I ignored them at first, because he seems funny and generally sweet. But then he tweeted about how "cis" female athletes who don't want to compete against trans "women" need to become better people. Instant unfollow.

by Anonymousreply 10August 22, 2019 10:10 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!