Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anyone else wake up with a jittery stomach?

I wake up most mornings with my stomach in knots and feeling nervous/queasy. The feeling usually ends once I get up and get moving, though I can't eat breakfast for another hour or so due to my knotty belly. Why does this happen??

by Anonymousreply 7August 22, 2019 2:16 PM

TRUMP!

by Anonymousreply 1August 22, 2019 12:41 PM

This is me too. Maybe it’s subliminal dread of work the next day that manifests itself as a stomachache. Or maybe acid from eating before bed. I eat dinner too late. You’re supposed to stop eating 3 hours before actually falling asleep.

by Anonymousreply 2August 22, 2019 12:54 PM

Omeprazole, R2.

by Anonymousreply 3August 22, 2019 1:04 PM

Impending sense of doom.

by Anonymousreply 4August 22, 2019 1:15 PM

I was like that as a teen. I'm pretty sure that in my case it was anxiety. Not surprising as school was one long homophobic nightmare. Have a glass of warm water- the gripe melts away...

by Anonymousreply 5August 22, 2019 1:33 PM

It happens to me too.

And it always caused problems growing up. My older brother would get up and want to eat immediately. I'd get up with a jittery stomach and didn't want to eat until an hour or two later. My mother always catered to my older brother, so most times I skipped breakfast.

by Anonymousreply 6August 22, 2019 2:11 PM

This was a recent problem of mine that doesn't occur anymore. Like another poster said, not eating a couple hours before bed (although I just pigged out late last night). Also, probiotics helped A LOT. I took maybe 2 or 3 one week and haven't had problems since.

by Anonymousreply 7August 22, 2019 2:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!