Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Karamo Brown of “Queer Eye” says Sean Spicer is a good guy

I knew it wouldn’t be long before these queens sold their soul for cash.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53September 20, 2019 2:39 AM

He needs to lay off the Bigen.

by Anonymousreply 1August 22, 2019 9:45 AM

When Karamo was on The Real World he was so pro Black but he somehow ended up marrying the whitest white man who ever whited?

by Anonymousreply 2August 22, 2019 9:52 AM

I don't plan to hate on Sean Spicer. Or Anthony Scaramucci. They were both hideously attached to the worst administration in our history. This is true, and both of them will have to atone for that. Let them atone.

by Anonymousreply 3August 22, 2019 9:58 AM

R3 would forgive Nazi officers if they did a shuck and jive on Dancing with the Reich.

by Anonymousreply 4August 22, 2019 10:02 AM

Producers got exactly what they wanted for this floundering show. The publicity around the casting of Spicer is front page everywhere. He will probably go far just to keep the viewership up. People had written the show off after last year's travesty, but deplorable viewership allowed an incompetent dancer to win. So too might the deplorable vote keep Spicer in, especially since the rest of the cast is so weak.

by Anonymousreply 5August 22, 2019 10:35 AM

Next up is Jonathan Van Ness giving the Huckabeast a fierce makeover. Yaaas hunty, werk mama!

by Anonymousreply 6August 22, 2019 10:43 AM

Disgusting collaborator. Banish this traitor. Trump/Pence have declared war on LGBT.

by Anonymousreply 7August 22, 2019 10:46 AM

No just no Karamo. Spicer should live the rest of his days ashamed of his association with Trump,no nice guy passes. FUCK him.

by Anonymousreply 8August 22, 2019 10:52 AM

Aren’t deplorables this shows primary audience r5.

by Anonymousreply 9August 22, 2019 12:27 PM

Yep.

by Anonymousreply 10August 22, 2019 1:37 PM

Carlson said there wasn't much of an overlap when it came to liberal and conservative television preferences. There were only three shows that liberals and conservatives both seemed to enjoy equally: "Dancing with the Stars," "Star Trek: Discovery," and "The Orville."

Carlson pointed out that these shows "don't necessarily have a political flavor," and suggested that probably had a lot to do with why liberals and conservatives both enjoyed them.

"Dancing and space — these are the things that unite our country," Carlson said.

Well, there goes that.......................

by Anonymousreply 11August 22, 2019 1:40 PM

R2: He has a lot of problems with Call me by your name being a films about two "gay" guys, for him the movie would be way more interesting if there were two transgenders or two women or someone non white.

After that display of stupidity i decided not care at all about what he said (and i didn't watched Call me by your name, and frankly i hated the novel)

by Anonymousreply 12August 22, 2019 1:40 PM

R12 that’s a lie.

His issue with CMBYN was not about it being two gay white men, it was the glamorization of an adult having a sexual relationship with a minor. Same backlash American Beauty had, only that was more extreme. People took issue with Kevin Spaceys character sexually fantasizing about Mena Suvari, playing a 16 year old. With CMBYN people seemed fine with that and Karamo hated it.

Don’t push your own racist bullshit onto him.

by Anonymousreply 13August 22, 2019 1:48 PM

R2 it’s called growing. Changing with time. Are you the same exact person you were when you were 21???

by Anonymousreply 14August 22, 2019 1:49 PM

I think the issue here is that we ever expected the presenter of a contrived makeover show to actually have anything insightful to say, beyond banal statements about self-empowerment.

by Anonymousreply 15August 22, 2019 1:57 PM

Dang, Karamo used to seem so masculine and mainstream when he was on Real World. He’s so not that now.

by Anonymousreply 16August 22, 2019 2:00 PM

Whatever he is now, Spicer- and many others- did a tremendous amount of damage to our country by going to work for Dotard and spinning his reprehensible shit. Do not forgive these people for their hideous ambition.

by Anonymousreply 17August 22, 2019 2:02 PM

Even in 2012, he was so different than he is now

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18August 22, 2019 2:03 PM

Time changes people. Also, the people around us help us learn and grow. He’s clearly been around people that have changed his perspective on some issues.

by Anonymousreply 19August 22, 2019 2:04 PM

In the past Karamo would write you off instantly if you were a Republican etc. now he actually gets to know you and what you’re about beforehand.

That’s good and growth.

by Anonymousreply 20August 22, 2019 2:05 PM

[quote]That’s good and growth.

STFU, Fascist. Enabling the regime that separates families, yanks nursing babies from their mothers’ arms, and throws kids into cages, is not remotely “good,” and is only “growth” for the worst of humanity, not the better. Just fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 21August 22, 2019 2:08 PM

R21 but he doesn’t support any of that. Karamo is being polite and politically correct to avoid backlash from the millions of deplorable that watch this show.

He’s black and gay. Two disadvantages right away. Add him dissing Sean and it’s a wrap for him.

by Anonymousreply 22August 22, 2019 2:11 PM

[quote] Karamo is being polite and politically correct to avoid backlash from the millions of deplorable that watch this show.

What price dignity, eh?

by Anonymousreply 23August 22, 2019 2:13 PM

Karamo has been a Grade A stunt queen since his Real World days. He will say or do anything to get attention and to make a buck. Don't forget to pick up his self-help book, available from all fine booksellers! I'm sure he's got an album dropping soon and fine line of soaps or hair care products or make-up or all of the above.

Spicer isn't a "victim" of Trump--this pest is still a loud and proud defender of the Trump lunacy and lies. When he's not rehearsing the tango, he will be on Fox News to tell it's audience about how anyone who criticizes the president is a simple hater spreading fake news.

Pathetic. I hope that anyone with a conscious turns this show off.

by Anonymousreply 24August 22, 2019 2:17 PM

R13: That's not true:

But Brown also takes issue with the movie focuses on two white, gay, male characters played by straight actors.

“I’m tired of this continued narrative of pretty white boys as the only representation of the LGBT community,” he explains. “Every movie is like, ‘Look! I’m a pretty white boy and my life is hard but maybe it’ll get better!’” He would have preferred to see the film revolve around a young lesbian romance or one involving a young trans man

From the queerty post about the story.

Yes, his main issue was the age of Elio but he said the rest too.

Calling someone racist everytime you disagree doesn't prove your point

by Anonymousreply 25August 22, 2019 2:19 PM

[quote]Karamo is being polite and politically correct to avoid backlash from the millions of deplorable that watch this show.

So he’s a sellout and a whore? A traitor to his own kind for a paycheck?

Is this really your defense?

by Anonymousreply 26August 22, 2019 2:22 PM

[quote]Leni Riefenstahl is being polite and politically correct to avoid backlash from the millions of Nazis that watch her films.

by Anonymousreply 27August 22, 2019 2:26 PM

I don't plan to hate on Hermann Gohring. Or Martin Bormann. They were both hideously attached to the worst war crimes in our history. This is true, and both of them will have to atone for that at Nuremberg. Let them atone.

by Anonymousreply 28August 22, 2019 2:39 PM

Spice is a very bad guy. I hope his career is over.

by Anonymousreply 29August 22, 2019 2:42 PM

"I hope his career is over."

He's a regular on Fox News. His new, lucrative career is just getting started.

by Anonymousreply 30August 22, 2019 2:58 PM

So is Sarah Sanders r30.

by Anonymousreply 31August 22, 2019 10:42 PM

[quote]STFU, Fascist. Enabling the regime that separates families, yanks nursing babies from their mothers’ arms, and throws kids into cages, is not remotely “good,” and is only “growth” for the worst of humanity, not the better. Just fuck off.

R21 What makes you think he voted for Obama?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32August 22, 2019 10:46 PM

He's been having an absolute breakdown on Twitter today, blocking gay activists left and right after tweeting that - as a social worker - he's always open to dialogue. He has actually deleted (deactivated?) his account an hour or so ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33August 23, 2019 12:38 AM

Bobby Berk doesn't waste any time getting to the point and saying what Karamo wouldn't.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34August 23, 2019 12:46 AM

[quote]We’ve been trained over and over to not talk smack about anyone in an interviews and to try to be as nice as possible. Don’t talk negatively about people in interviews! Always be nice!

r34 He got to the point only after three tweets of defending Karamo's bullshit. The main problem wasn't that Karamo supported Spicer, but that he ignored the interviewer's unrelated question and started praising Spicer. Who does that? I swear he has a martyr complex, that one.

by Anonymousreply 35August 23, 2019 12:50 AM

-r35 These people aren't very bright or politically sophisticated - they can't even follow the basic PR coaching/talking points that they were apparently given...He probably reverted to the christian BS talking points he gullibly swallowed growing up...

by Anonymousreply 36August 23, 2019 3:02 AM

Yeah, everyone in that group apart from maybe Tan seems a bit dim to me. Definitely never under any circumstance ask them about politics.

by Anonymousreply 37August 23, 2019 3:10 AM

Karamo you in danger girl.

by Anonymousreply 38August 23, 2019 3:15 AM

Nobody is forcing them to say nice things about racist enablers r34. That clown is such a joke. These pathetic sellouts are no different from minstrel shows of the past.

by Anonymousreply 39August 23, 2019 8:50 AM

[quote]Update: Bobby Berk has deleted ALL of his tweets defending Karamo Brown and calling out ABC.

What a shitshow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40August 23, 2019 4:21 PM

They’re still there on his Twitter r40. The others have stayed suspiciously silent.

by Anonymousreply 41August 24, 2019 4:42 PM

r41 No they're not, I just checked. You can link to them if you manage to find them...

by Anonymousreply 42August 24, 2019 4:55 PM

Black Twitter has canceled Karamo, He can't block "the haters" fast enough. Poor dear.

by Anonymousreply 43August 25, 2019 1:50 PM

He's not blocking anyone anymore because he has disabled his account the same day. He should've gone into hiding immediately, rather than sniping at people and blocking them, but he just couldn't help himself. And I think Black Twitter has soft-cancelled Karamo awhile ago for being such a lecturing Mary.

Of course, he'll need Twitter again once DWTS or a new season of Queer Eye starts. To promote himself and because he's contractually obligated to promote those shows as well.

by Anonymousreply 44August 25, 2019 2:01 PM

SEEMS TO BE FOLLOWING THE OLE old as time adage of "kissing ass" in hollywood! also the self absorbed mentality of a actor/actress and others in hollyweird, "but they are/were so nice to me"! you know little ole me! as long as anyone is nice to little ole them, they don't care and could care less about anything else!

by Anonymousreply 45August 25, 2019 2:08 PM

If this African American homosexual thinks a guy who today is a spokesman for a super PAC to re-elect a raving racist who is asking the Supreme Court to give business permission to fire employees for being gay is a good guy, well good luck to him. Another reason to boycott DWTS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46August 25, 2019 2:16 PM

Anyone else bothered by how impeccable his beard edges are in OP's video? I like them done correctly and will often point out celebs' messy edges, but this is just too much. Looks so artificial, like the facial hair was glued onto him rather than growing naturally out of his face.

by Anonymousreply 47August 25, 2019 2:18 PM

Everything else about his face is artificial r47.

by Anonymousreply 48August 25, 2019 2:39 PM

I'll bet he'd sleep with the Cockgobbler.

by Anonymousreply 49August 25, 2019 6:38 PM

He was in a Taylor Swift video to promote her interest in the pink dollar, talk about a sellout.

by Anonymousreply 50September 20, 2019 12:51 AM

Wait,theres a Black Twitter ???? I genuinely had NO idea !

by Anonymousreply 51September 20, 2019 1:14 AM

Kancelled!

by Anonymousreply 52September 20, 2019 2:22 AM

I don’t know her!!!!

“I don’t know anything about him to be honest with you,” the Real World alum, 38, told Us. “We only met one day, and one day turned into something bigger.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53September 20, 2019 2:39 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!