Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Funniest Carol Burnett Show Blooper Ever

Wait for it...........wait for it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41August 23, 2019 5:57 PM

I get tired of this one. Tim Conway’s antics wear thin very quickly.

by Anonymousreply 1August 22, 2019 2:09 AM

This and Fawlty Towers 'The Germans' are two of the funniest moments in television history.

by Anonymousreply 2August 22, 2019 2:47 AM

This one's pretty good., too. "Are you ridin' the cotton pony?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3August 22, 2019 7:07 AM

These characters had some very funny moments over the series. I used to adore this show as a kid.

by Anonymousreply 4August 22, 2019 7:15 AM

Often the outtakes are funnier than the program.

by Anonymousreply 5August 22, 2019 7:31 AM

The great context for the OP clip is that for most of the show's run, Vicki was always the "new girl" and almost never broke or did anything out of line. So when she says the great punchline of "Is that little asshole done?" they all just FELL. OUT.

by Anonymousreply 6August 22, 2019 7:38 AM

Does anybody know what the bad blood was between Carol and Vicki? Seems to be repaired now, but for years they never appeared together.

by Anonymousreply 7August 22, 2019 7:57 AM

R7 It's not really repaired, sadly.

And it sounds like a misunderstanding. Carol and her husband, who produced her show, were breaking up and she wanted to produce a show with Vicki as Mama.....but Joe (Carol's soon to be ex) had already signed Vicki up for the same idea. They didn't talk for years.

by Anonymousreply 8August 22, 2019 7:59 AM

Well, I thought it was repaired because just recently I heard Carol do a voice-over ad for Mama's Family.

by Anonymousreply 9August 22, 2019 8:01 AM

Vicki didn't approve of Carol breaking up a home and laughing at the ex-wife who left 8 children.

When Hamilton dumped Carol's ass, Vicki said "How do you like it now?" and Carol instead of realizing what a cunt she had been, took offense.

by Anonymousreply 10August 22, 2019 8:18 AM

Vicki walked in and found Carol and Julie Andrews naked and in the throes of muff-eating passion.

Vicki, being a Christian woman, wasn't having it. She told them both to fuck off, and when Carol came calling about a show for Mama as a way to apologize, Vicki took the idea to Joe Hamilton.

by Anonymousreply 11August 22, 2019 9:37 AM

Vicki accidentally read some entries from Carol's diary, and discovered that "Carol" Burnett had been born "Carl" Burnett.

by Anonymousreply 12August 22, 2019 9:40 AM

The clip at r3 is just about the only time I saw Vicki come close to losing it. She was always very stoic in such moments.

by Anonymousreply 13August 22, 2019 9:40 AM

Actually the way I read it, after the show was over Carol simply became a near recluse. She was no longer the star of a top tier show and I think that status meant a lot to her and she couldn't bring herself to deal with the people she had worked with and made rich in any other way and no longer had any control over. She didn't come up with the idea to do a new show with Lawrence until she heard rumors that her ex husband was talking to Lawrence about doing a show. She wanted to cut Hamilton off at the knees. Unfortunately she was too late and as egomaniacs are apt to do, she cut Lawrence out of her life for many years as a passive aggressive "how could you betray me like that" punishment. That way the fault for the breakup was all on Lawrence. Egomaniacs will find any way to justify mistreating others and making it all the other person's fault.

by Anonymousreply 14August 22, 2019 12:06 PM

They aren't friends now. The "hug" Carol gave Vicki at that 50th anniversary show the other year was almost as frosty as the hug Aretha gave Patti after Patti sang the hell out of her song.

by Anonymousreply 15August 22, 2019 12:47 PM

[quote] Actually the way I read it, after the show was over Carol simply became a near recluse. She was no longer the star of a top tier show and I think that status meant a lot to her and she couldn't bring herself to deal with the people she had worked with and made rich in any other way and no longer had any control over. She didn't come up with the idea to do a new show with Lawrence until she heard rumors that her ex husband was talking to Lawrence about doing a show. She wanted to cut Hamilton off at the knees. Unfortunately she was too late and as egomaniacs are apt to do, she cut Lawrence out of her life for many years as a passive aggressive "how could you betray me like that" punishment. That way the fault for the breakup was all on Lawrence. Egomaniacs will find any way to justify mistreating others and making it all the other person's fault.

Yet Carol appeared in Mamas Family; when it initially aired.

by Anonymousreply 16August 22, 2019 2:28 PM

I was at one of Carol's one woman shows and she talked about Vicki lovingly and how they emailed each other about a drag queen potentially showing up at one of the girls concerts so this rumor of her being Frosty with her is absolute BS.

They may not be best friends but they certainly have warm feelings for each other.

by Anonymousreply 17August 22, 2019 2:40 PM

Women are often loving with their friends when they're face to face, even though they secretly have feelings about each other that are not very nice. And they won't go to much trouble to keep contact with each other when they're apart. I have always felt that many women have a lot of hatred of members of their own sex, especially of those who are better looking, or better off than they are. Straight women simply can not be trusted in many cases.

Jealousy, they name is woman.

by Anonymousreply 18August 22, 2019 2:47 PM

I feel tension in the clip where Carol introduces Vicki singing The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia, the number one song in the country at the time.

by Anonymousreply 19August 22, 2019 2:53 PM

I was molested.

by Anonymousreply 20August 22, 2019 2:54 PM

The funniest blooper was when Carol said, "Dick what are you doing here? I fired your ass." Only it was real.

by Anonymousreply 21August 22, 2019 4:56 PM

The Koala chronicles. The quickest way to break Harvey up was for Tim to say "Koala".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22August 22, 2019 5:49 PM

I never found Tim Conway funny for one second of his unfairly long career. Vicki, on the other hand, was often hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 23August 22, 2019 6:01 PM

Carol forgave Vicki after MF ended.

by Anonymousreply 24August 22, 2019 6:04 PM

Tim Conway was a comic genius.

by Anonymousreply 25August 22, 2019 6:05 PM

Vicki is the luckiest bitch on the planet. She'd never have had any career at all if it weren't for Carol. She ought to be worshipping at that woman's feet.

by Anonymousreply 26August 22, 2019 8:36 PM

Vicki Lawrence was hot as hell in the first 5 years of the show that are playing on Me-TV right now.

by Anonymousreply 27August 22, 2019 8:45 PM

Loved the show, but I always thought it was kind of weird that Carol picked another redhead as a co-star.

by Anonymousreply 28August 22, 2019 8:53 PM

R28 That was rather the point. She was picked for a particular series of skits because she looked like Carol's sister, and then did so well she was made a full member of the cast.

by Anonymousreply 29August 22, 2019 9:04 PM

No devil's lettuce for Miss Carol!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30August 22, 2019 9:07 PM

[quote]Jealousy, thy name is woman.

The misogynist at r18 has SPOKEN!

by Anonymousreply 31August 22, 2019 11:19 PM

Vicki Lawrence is genuinely talented, and the way she grew and mastered her talent during the years of TCBS is amazing.

Her creation and performance of television icon Mama was one for the books. And the fact that she was young playing old allows her to do the part now (as she does in MeTV commercials) and look pretty much the same.

by Anonymousreply 32August 22, 2019 11:26 PM

Tim Conway was brilliant. At any moment, he could go off script, and you knew you were in for a treat as the others began laughing so hard, not knowing where it would end. Watching Harvey Korman lose it was golden. It was done in front of a live audience, which made it even funnier.

This is the Dentist scene. Start watching about the 5:30 mark. Korman admits he peed his pants during this one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33August 22, 2019 11:53 PM

This was a scene when Tim Conway unexpectedly introduced a little Hitler puppet. It made such fun of the "Fuhrer". My father was bowled over laughing when he saw this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34August 23, 2019 12:00 AM

That Lyle Waggoner was one sexy man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35August 23, 2019 12:43 AM

Waggoner must be a real stand up guy. Next year he'll have been married to the same woman for 60 years.

by Anonymousreply 36August 23, 2019 12:46 AM

^^ He's gay.

by Anonymousreply 37August 23, 2019 1:43 AM

Tim Conway always thought more was better. He needed an editor, a real director, not someone who would let him go on and on and on.

by Anonymousreply 38August 23, 2019 7:21 AM

[quote]^^ He's gay.

In your dreams.

by Anonymousreply 39August 23, 2019 4:54 PM

Harvey was the Great Gazoo

by Anonymousreply 40August 23, 2019 5:00 PM

I loved Harvey as Count de Monet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41August 23, 2019 5:57 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!