Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What movie is this?

I was listening to this podcast. It says Halle Berry wasn't allowed to audition for a role as forest ranger because they said there are no black forest rangers.

What film featured a female forest ranger?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9August 22, 2019 2:52 AM

Harry & the Hendersons

by Anonymousreply 1August 22, 2019 1:59 AM

Damn, I should have made a Halle & the Hendersons joke instead.

by Anonymousreply 2August 22, 2019 2:03 AM

Petes Dragon

by Anonymousreply 3August 22, 2019 2:29 AM

It was probably that horrible movie with Holly Hunter, Richard Dreyfuss and that muscle guy who never quite made it. Rossovich? I think it was a Spielberg produced movie and a remake of some old tearjerker.

I used to watch every movie that came to my college town--even the ones that I knew were going to suck. It's how I saw that crappy Ally Sheedy movie where she's a disinherited spoiled rich girl who has to take a maid job. At least that movie had some camp appeal in the form of Valerie Perrine and the hot dad version of Tom Skerritt.

The Spielberg movie just sucked. Not even beefcake Rossovich could save it.

by Anonymousreply 4August 22, 2019 2:30 AM

"Always" r4. I don't think that is it. Hunter was a pilot plus that was 1989 Berry wasn't in the position to be auditioning for lead roles at that time. She barely had any credits. Would have to be something later on.

by Anonymousreply 5August 22, 2019 2:36 AM

Too long ago r4...and the person youre thinking of is Brad johnson not Rick Rossovich...and Halle Berry hadnt started in the business yet.

by Anonymousreply 6August 22, 2019 2:36 AM

OP....the video says the movie was Broken Arrow by John Woo.

by Anonymousreply 7August 22, 2019 2:40 AM

oh thanks r7. I missed that part I guess (was listening while I was falling asleep last night.)

by Anonymousreply 8August 22, 2019 2:51 AM

Halle as first runnerup. Somehow Miss USA seemed so important back then! (she looks different. Nose job?)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9August 22, 2019 2:52 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!