Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Priest caught stealing 100k from the church to pay for his secret gay life

He bothered paying for a grindr extra account though? Who was his ass meeting on grindr?

[Quote]McLoone allegedly embezzled money from the church into the secret checking account and then used it to pay for expensive dinners, travel expenses, and a beach house in Ocean City, New Jersey, as well as a Grindr XTRA account and to make several multiple online purchases. When confronted about it by the Archdiocese of Philadelphia, 58-year-old McLoone admitted to paying for “personal relationships” with men using church funds. He was placed on administrative leave and now faces 18 charges, including multiple counts of felony theft.

[Quote]“These charges are serious and disturbing,” Kenneth Gavin, chief communications officer for the Archdiocese of Philadelphia, says. “The Archdiocese and the parish will continue to cooperate with law enforcement as the criminal matter enters its next phase.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29August 23, 2019 4:26 AM

As long as everyone involved was 18 and older I dont give two fucks, I'm actually laughing at those dumb catholics donating money to the church only to be used by a gay priest to fund his lifestyle lol.

by Anonymousreply 1August 22, 2019 1:26 AM

What a LOSER!

Fuck Catholics, they really are appalling in ignoring these criminal priests!

by Anonymousreply 2August 22, 2019 1:57 AM

I keep saying this every time. Forced celibacy is not natural. They need to end it and let these priests have sex like normal people

by Anonymousreply 3August 22, 2019 1:57 AM

Who cares? This was a bargain for the Diocese. They are paying out way more for the ones who were fucking children.

by Anonymousreply 4August 22, 2019 2:02 AM

The Catholic Church has got to let their priests be involved in relationships with other people, including the gay priests. If they got rid of the vow of celibacy then a lot of crap like this would disappear.

It's time to come into the 21st century!

by Anonymousreply 5August 22, 2019 2:05 AM

So when it comes to diddling kids everything is hush hush but when comes to stealing the churches beloved money, they are "fully cooperating with the authorities". Got it.

by Anonymousreply 6August 22, 2019 2:12 AM

We all know he's a DLer

by Anonymousreply 7August 22, 2019 2:14 AM

I’m actually surprised he is being charged. The Church often just lets these things go. A case of a few nuns gambling away hundreds of thousands a few years ago comes to mind.

Might vary state to state maybe.

by Anonymousreply 8August 22, 2019 2:18 AM

The Church is under intense scrutiny not to give the impression of covering things up, after the sexual abuse scandals. They are probably going to report everything possible for a while now.

by Anonymousreply 9August 22, 2019 2:21 AM

What's an "XTRA" account on Grindr?

by Anonymousreply 10August 22, 2019 2:42 AM

He's old and fug. Why didn't he embezzle reasonable amounts for cheap local trade who would get right down to business and leave him satisfied for a week.

by Anonymousreply 11August 22, 2019 2:46 AM

Chaturbate tokens can get very expensive.

by Anonymousreply 12August 22, 2019 2:59 AM

LOL!

by Anonymousreply 13August 22, 2019 3:10 AM

I wanna see the men so I can judge wether or not the money was well spent.

by Anonymousreply 14August 22, 2019 3:26 AM

So the Archdiocese calls the cops on grifters but not on child molesters. Glad they've got their priorities straight!

by Anonymousreply 15August 22, 2019 3:29 AM

This is my family’s church! It’s too perfect that this is the guy they brought in to restore their reputation because the prior one had been arrested for failing to report child molestation. They just built a huge new church because it’s the town where all the Catholics from the inner suburbs are moving to get away from the “undesirables” near the city. Clearly they are raking in the money - this guy probably thought he could just skim a little of the top - like parish priests have been doing forever.

And the details are great: he spent $1,720 on 17 guys he met on Grindr. Which works out to $100 each.- there be some cheap hos out there. And the shadiest part - he sent $1,200 to a prison inmate in upstate NY. My guess is the guy had dirt on him and blackmailed him to send money. He sent it to his COMMISSARY account - lol. No one can figure out what the relationship was - the priest lied and said he was a former parishioner but they have proven that is a lie.

Loving this. Read “In the Closet of the Vatican” for further details on how entrenched gay men are at all levels - even the highest levels -of the Church. Hardcore closet cases who spew homophobia and maintain long term relationships with other men. Sick and twisted and pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 16August 22, 2019 3:52 AM

It is not for us to judge what goes on in the Catholic church. That is up to the Lord.

by Anonymousreply 17August 22, 2019 3:55 AM

He sent $1200 to a cage meat's commissary account r16?!

This priest is the Momma's Mussy troll!

by Anonymousreply 18August 22, 2019 3:56 AM

Thanks for the skinny, R16

by Anonymousreply 19August 22, 2019 4:02 AM

My first thought was the prisoner was a guy he was hooking up with before he went to jail and developed feelings for. But then it turns out they weren’t in the same town and likely met in NY. Why would he go out of his way to pay him in jail - via the commissary. I think blackmail.

Also impressed that he got so much action - at the discount rate of $100 - on Grindr in the far exurbs of Philadelphia. Didn’t realize there were that many hos on Grindr out there. Maybe Grindr is becoming the new Craigslist .

I have to grill my family about it. I’m sure they just hushed it up when they booted him out - but curious if they still give to the parish after all this. Brother was involved in fundraising for the new church building - which was impressive as one of the only new Catholic Churches built in the Philly area in the past 2-3 decades.

by Anonymousreply 20August 22, 2019 4:34 AM

Downingtown is not "the Philly area". It's an hour away. There are lots of new churches in the booming, wealthy suburbs. The churches that are dying are the inner city ones.

by Anonymousreply 21August 22, 2019 5:46 AM

At least he wasn't raping children. The Church needs to focus on the rapist priests.

by Anonymousreply 22August 22, 2019 6:11 AM

You don't have to deal with ads and you can see more guys r10.

by Anonymousreply 23August 22, 2019 4:47 PM

I would consider Downingtown a far suburb of Philly. It’s part of the metro area. Downingtown is closer to Center City than parts of Los Angeles are from downtown.

I guess I dont get out there that much. Didn’t realize they were still building Catholic Churches. Suckers.

by Anonymousreply 24August 22, 2019 6:55 PM

Y'all jealous of me, bitches... and wait for info about the underage kids I sucked on the beach all day long after holly mass, to extract Satan from their poisoned minds!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25August 23, 2019 12:54 AM

[quote] he spent $1,720 on 17 guys he met on Grindr.

So if the news is reporting this as fact, how come Grindr isn't in trouble for hosting prostitutes? Backpage and other sites were shut down over this.

by Anonymousreply 26August 23, 2019 1:18 AM

R26 - I think the phrasing 'looking for generous men' is the new term.

This is the tip of the iceberg - he didn't just magically start doing this after moving to this church. Wonder what he has said about homosexuality in her sermons.

And do any of these priests ever go to fucking jail? It seems rare - the church just wants to hush it up and play all perfect. It's really a sick fucking place.

by Anonymousreply 27August 23, 2019 1:29 AM

It is not for us to judge what a priest does That is only up to the Lord.

by Anonymousreply 28August 23, 2019 4:20 AM

Yeah - the fact that Grindr is being used for prostitution is somehow being ignored. Probably because there is more money behind Grindr than Craigslist. Or maybe because it’s only the gays, it doesn’t get attention. No innocent white gilts getting “ trafficked”

by Anonymousreply 29August 23, 2019 4:26 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!