Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What would you think is the least painful way to kill yourself?

This is a sick thought that has always crossed my mind when I hear of suicide.

What is a way someone could do it while painless? Is that even possible?

by Anonymousreply 192September 21, 2020 10:45 AM

It's pretty well known that carbon monoxide is the easiest and painless way of killing oneself. That's why so many people kill themselves inside their garages with their cars on. You go to sleep and won't feel a thing.

by Anonymousreply 1August 20, 2019 11:24 PM

I'd imagine that jumping off a bridge would be terrifying but relatively painless. I think if the bridge is high enough then you die (or pass out) before you hit the water.

by Anonymousreply 2August 20, 2019 11:24 PM

Inert gas inhalation, nitrogen or helium. You lose consciousness and your brain dies from loss of oxygen. Carbon dioxide doesn't build up so the asphyxiation reflex doesn't kick in. People have entered into nitrogen filled spaces and passed out and died without even knowing what was happening.

by Anonymousreply 3August 20, 2019 11:25 PM

Ennui.

by Anonymousreply 4August 20, 2019 11:25 PM

Slam your forehead into a sharpened coat hook.

by Anonymousreply 5August 20, 2019 11:26 PM

Except you still have a chance to survive. I remember an article on a woman in Latin America who jumped off a 20 story building to kill herself and is now paraplegic and won't be able to kill herself. So be wise....

by Anonymousreply 6August 20, 2019 11:26 PM

Hanging yourself is supposed to be quick, right? I can't imagine that the pain last for too long, unless you fuck it up and then you strangle to death.

by Anonymousreply 7August 20, 2019 11:30 PM

While in college I ran into a kid I knew from elementary school who tried to kill himself. Shot himself in the head and survived. He was a great athlete and now his whole one side was messed up.

by Anonymousreply 8August 20, 2019 11:30 PM

OP look for a building that is at least 21 stories!

by Anonymousreply 9August 20, 2019 11:31 PM

Years ago I had this young boss that killed herself a few months after she got fired.

She was so sweet and strange, but herself, and a lesbian in a very Conservative area. She was working full time plus school. Poor thing.

I still think of her some days.

by Anonymousreply 10August 20, 2019 11:42 PM

Overdose.

by Anonymousreply 11August 20, 2019 11:44 PM

Ooh, good idea R11. Heroin is the way to go....like, just a shit-ton of heroin. ALLLLL the heroin.

At least you will go out really really happy for a change.

by Anonymousreply 12August 20, 2019 11:46 PM

Vodka and Benzos wil do the same. Go to sleep, your heart slows to a stop and you don't wake up.

by Anonymousreply 13August 20, 2019 11:51 PM

Charcoal in an enclosed room. It’s popular in Asia, supposedly pain free.

by Anonymousreply 14August 20, 2019 11:56 PM

a guy that survived jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge said he regretted it the minute he let go of the rail.

by Anonymousreply 15August 20, 2019 11:59 PM

This (supposedly-gay) ex-soapie-star threw himself off a cliff out in the bush completely alone just before his birthday this week.

It may have been 'least painful' to him but most of the selfish suggestions in this thread mean a lot of hassle for police, doctors and coroners, etc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16August 21, 2019 12:07 AM

Pineapples and garrotes.

by Anonymousreply 17August 21, 2019 12:11 AM

lol madame ramsey u bitch

by Anonymousreply 18August 21, 2019 12:19 AM

Razors pain you; Rivers are damp; Acids stain you; And drugs cause cramp. Guns aren’t lawful; Nooses give; Gas smells awful; You might as well live.

by Anonymousreply 19August 21, 2019 12:33 AM

Suicide is painless and it brings on many changes. Go for it OP.

by Anonymousreply 20August 21, 2019 1:14 AM

Top choices:

Barbiturates - phenobarbital. Take it with champagne like Marilyn and you will have a mellow, sweet death. Heaven's Gate cult used phenobarbital with vodka.

Opiates, yes but you may vomit.

Gases are great - the best of course, carbon monoxide. Nitrous oxide works well too. Slip away, no pain.

Overdose on anything but opiates / barbiturates - awful death. Most likely you will survive anyways. And have to clean up the vomit on your floors.

by Anonymousreply 21August 21, 2019 2:55 AM

Get very, very drunk and go swimming in deep water by yourself.

by Anonymousreply 22August 21, 2019 3:11 AM

You can buy phenobarbital online and champagne in any store.....good to know.

by Anonymousreply 23August 21, 2019 3:39 AM

Is phenobarbital legal to buy?

by Anonymousreply 24August 21, 2019 3:44 AM

Have you considered being EJECTED INTO SPACE?

by Anonymousreply 25August 21, 2019 3:46 AM

Sad.

by Anonymousreply 26August 21, 2019 3:48 AM

[quote]a guy that survived jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge said he regretted it the minute he let go of the rail.

Yes as soon as he was plunging down and knew he couldn’t undo it all he wanted was to live. He tried to position himself so he hit the water feet first and that’s what happened. Both his legs snapped like twigs. He went plummeting down under the water, unable to swim with two broken legs.

And that’s when things got really weird.

He felt something big and strong under him. Something pushing him to the surface. It was a sea lion. The sea lion saved his life or at least long enough for a nearby boater to drag him up onto deck.

by Anonymousreply 27August 21, 2019 3:54 AM

Ugh, being saved by marine life during a suicide attempt is just too twee for words, like out of a Hallmark movie. I'd doubly want to die.

by Anonymousreply 28August 21, 2019 4:01 AM

Assisted suicide in a hospital. Better have a good and legitimate reason to do it though.

by Anonymousreply 29August 21, 2019 4:04 AM

Do hospice nurses really help things along by giving overdoses of morphine?

by Anonymousreply 30August 21, 2019 4:10 AM

Dramatically walk into the ocean.

by Anonymousreply 31August 21, 2019 4:18 AM

I studied this a lot when I was suicidal. Guns and hanging have the highest success rates. A lot of things can go wrong with all the other methods. A popular way for a lot of assisted suicides is taking heavy tranquilizers if some type and then tying a heavy bag tightly around your head so you suffocate to death.

by Anonymousreply 32August 21, 2019 4:21 AM

A handful of secobarbital with a dry-cleaning bag over your head for a chaser.

by Anonymousreply 33August 21, 2019 4:44 AM

Phenobarbital will not kill you, but the similarly-named pentobarbital will. People confuse the two, but the former is what is known as the "peaceful pill." The brand name is Nembutal. It is what doctors use for assisted suicide, because it has a perfect success rate, is painless, and it is quick. It is not possible to get it in the US without going to one of the 9 states where assisted suicide is legal, but you can usually buy it OTC in Mexico at vet pharmacies, since it is the same medication that is used to put animals to sleep. I have fatal cancer, and have done a lot of research about how to exit, and that is the way I will go. It is the ideal method.

by Anonymousreply 34August 21, 2019 4:50 AM

@@ I meant the LATTER is the peaceful pill.

by Anonymousreply 35August 21, 2019 4:50 AM

[quote]Ennui

Neville? Is that you?

by Anonymousreply 36August 21, 2019 4:52 AM

A bullet to the brain.

by Anonymousreply 37August 21, 2019 4:53 AM

R27, I believe that jumper ended up committing suicide later. That movie, The Bridge, rocked my world! Really let you into the minds of people truly ready to die.

by Anonymousreply 38August 21, 2019 5:01 AM

R12, unless you're already habituated to opiates, a heroin overdose would not be pleasant - instead of drifting off peacefully you'd probably be nauseous and unable to stop vomiting. It may well still kill you but it'd be messy and gross. R3 and R34 have it right. Most of the online assisted dying groups recommend either nembutal or nitrogen gas.

by Anonymousreply 39August 21, 2019 5:03 AM

how many 10 mg percocets to od?

by Anonymousreply 40August 21, 2019 5:03 AM

Because of catalytic converters, it is very difficult to kill yourself from car exhaust. It would take too long to be effective. I have heard that carbon monoxide from a bbq works, but I tried it once and it did nothing. Perhaps I did not seal the room well enough, or the room was too large for the fire I started, but I waited hours and hours and it had no effect.

by Anonymousreply 41August 21, 2019 5:08 AM

Committing suicide is a mortal sin. You will never be able to enter heaven if you do it. Spending eternity in the fires of hell is much worse than some temporary suffering on earth.

by Anonymousreply 42August 21, 2019 5:16 AM

Carbon monoxide can cause other casualties. As a kid, I knew a whole family that died that way. Parents and kids.

Falling from anything, or jumping in front of a train or car, or a car crash risks survival in a damaged state. Don’t do it. Plus you’ll traumatize anyone else involved. Train conductors get traumatized this way.

If you use a gun, shoot into the mouth, and up. But it’s messy, and somebody has to clean it up, unless you rent a cottage in the woods, and do it outside.

People rent hotel rooms to kill themselves. It frees your family of the mess, but it’s still mean to the hotel staff. I think they bill your estate for the cleanup, which may mean gutting and rebuilding a room, plus lost revenue, so it’s pricy.

I had long thought of heroin, and wondered why it wasn’t used as a humane death penalty drug, but upthread they mention nausea. Plus, I bet a failure can lead to brain damage. You’d think it would be perfect, given all the ODs.

I don’t think benzos and alcohol will do the trick. If it were deadly, I couldn’t explain why I’m still here.

Drowning induces panic and is no good. Fire, if survived, is extremely painful when you start healing. Veto both of these.

My Great Uncle Pierre ate poison berries, then when for a very long swim. He was 23.

OP, instead, I would do something to drastically change your life. Stop drinking, get a dog, see a therapist, change jobs, or apartments, or husbands. Life is so short, I’d hate for you to miss it.

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. There are other, better solutions.

by Anonymousreply 43August 21, 2019 5:59 AM

[quote]Falling from anything, or jumping in front of a train or car, or a car crash risks survival in a damaged state.

If you jump from a 1,000 foot building, I really don't think you'll survive in a damaged state. My guess is 100% success.

by Anonymousreply 44August 21, 2019 7:01 AM

Silly twats! Just down a liter of Clorox and bust through a glass door!

by Anonymousreply 45August 21, 2019 8:14 AM

R43 Down the whole full bottle of pills (don't be a pussy and just take a few) with alcohol and report back. Oh or you could just rush Donald Trump in a public setting rambling non-sensical stuff with some kind of gun in your hand. Pretty instant.

by Anonymousreply 46August 21, 2019 8:23 AM

If one simply takes to one's bed and stops all food and liquids, she will eventually self-euthanize painlessly!

by Anonymousreply 47August 21, 2019 8:25 AM

What are the rules by state in the US for a payout of life insurance upon suicide? I think there's a two year rule where it doesn't pay out but after two years your beneficiary gets the money.

Not sure if that's correct.

by Anonymousreply 48August 21, 2019 8:34 AM

R34 Hello from Heaven's Gate. We beg to differ with your assessment that phenobarbital is not lethal. We successfully transmuted ourselves from our earthly lives into celestial beings thanks to phenobarbital.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49August 21, 2019 9:12 AM

omg did that crazy bitch Rachel Roberts die that way????

she was a wild one

by Anonymousreply 50August 21, 2019 9:15 AM

R39 Any large dose of opiates will act on receptors in the medulla (brain stem) and shut down the respiratory drive center. You won't notice the vomiting as much as your respiration slows and stops, leading to myocardial infarction. You won't feel much as you are "brain dead" as oxygen is no longer available to the brain.

by Anonymousreply 51August 21, 2019 9:17 AM

A reference for those interested....yes the interface is TERRIBLY outdated, late 90s for sure. The colours make it hard to read. But some (possibly) useful information.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52August 21, 2019 9:55 AM

Another one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53August 21, 2019 9:57 AM

We tried to euthanize ourself when we were only 17 but thank God we survived!

by Anonymousreply 54August 21, 2019 10:06 AM

I knew a girl who jumped off the Golden Gate Bridge. But then she died.

by Anonymousreply 55August 21, 2019 10:17 AM

r42 Grow up.

by Anonymousreply 56August 21, 2019 10:30 PM

[QUOTE] Overdose on anything but opiates / barbiturates - awful death.

I thought you just said barbiturates were a great way to go, washing down with champagne like Marilyn

by Anonymousreply 57August 21, 2019 11:50 PM

Many Koreans believe that an electric tabletop fan in an enclosed room will kill you. No word on how painful it might be.

by Anonymousreply 58August 22, 2019 12:16 AM

The Whitney Houston method.

by Anonymousreply 59August 22, 2019 12:32 AM

Hairdryer in the bathtub.

by Anonymousreply 60August 22, 2019 1:09 AM

Antifreeze in your husband's Gatorade.

by Anonymousreply 61August 22, 2019 1:13 AM

Old Age

by Anonymousreply 62August 22, 2019 1:15 AM

R42 is acting like god exists

by Anonymousreply 63August 22, 2019 1:17 AM

I knew someone who decided to jump off the Royal Gorge Bridge of all things...that one was a definite.

by Anonymousreply 64August 22, 2019 1:26 AM

[R34] I am sorry. I hope you have some loving people to help you.

by Anonymousreply 65August 22, 2019 1:26 AM

Thank you, R65. I am at peace with it. R34

by Anonymousreply 66August 22, 2019 2:13 AM

Freezing to death is supposed to be very pleasant, once the shivering is over with.

by Anonymousreply 67August 22, 2019 2:19 AM

R67, I got frostbite once, and it’s no fun. The shivering can work up to being a seizure. And it’s painful, when you get thawed-out.

by Anonymousreply 68August 22, 2019 2:22 AM

Why is this such a soothing conversation? A nice, warm death seems as relaxing a prospect as slipping into the bath! (Ideally)

by Anonymousreply 69August 22, 2019 2:24 AM

I really like opiates so I'll say opiates.

by Anonymousreply 70August 22, 2019 2:26 AM

[quote]It's pretty well known that carbon monoxide is the easiest and painless way of killing oneself. That's why so many people kill themselves inside their garages with their cars on. You go to sleep and won't feel a thing.

Painless? Not if you are awake. Your eyes,, nose and throat burn and then your lungs. You are breathing in poison.

by Anonymousreply 71August 22, 2019 2:27 AM

Budd Dwyer, is all I'm sayin.' That's what I'd do.

by Anonymousreply 72August 22, 2019 2:34 AM

OP, I think being bored to death might be the least painful, and it does offer permanence.

by Anonymousreply 73August 22, 2019 2:41 AM

I need to get to a right to die state. As someone who will die of cancer - and has seen many family experience the process of dying from cancer - It is crazy that I can not choose to make it as peaceful as possible with Nembutal. I was hoping NJ would - but think it fell through,

Not something we Americans want to think about - but so important to me to know that I can have a peaceful drowsy death rather than the suffering and pain I’ve seen in my family.

by Anonymousreply 74August 22, 2019 4:17 AM

OP is planning a MURDER.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75August 22, 2019 7:35 AM

Just go to Chicago and walk around in the wrong neighborhood.

by Anonymousreply 76August 22, 2019 8:21 AM

[quote]Ugh, being saved by marine life during a suicide attempt is just too twee for words, like out of a Hallmark movie. I'd doubly want to die.

Give it a try and update us on your feelings.

by Anonymousreply 77August 22, 2019 1:19 PM

[quote] It is what doctors use for assisted suicide, because it has a perfect success rate, [bold]is painless[/bold], and it is quick.

I'm sorry, but how do we know that, exactly? Do we hold a séance afterward to get the dead person's recollection on pain? I've never understood how the pain of death is evaluated in discussions like these. People who have had near death experiences don't count because, well, they were only near death -- they didn't cross the threshold and cease living.

by Anonymousreply 78August 22, 2019 1:22 PM

There a movie with Jim Caviezel in his prime where, as a hobo, he tries to stop a jumper. The jumper says something like “you can’t save my life”, and he sticks out his hand and says something like “then help me save mine” (by not jumping). It was cute. I think it was that [italic] “Pay it Forward” [/italic] movie.

by Anonymousreply 79August 22, 2019 1:25 PM

The old school tranquilizers, the barbiturates are a good choice, I'm guessing.

by Anonymousreply 80August 22, 2019 1:26 PM

When I was in grad school, a member or the Board of Regents from my very well known university, a very prominent woman, jumped off a famous tower on campus in the middle of the day when students were wandering around everywhere. She had a history of mental illness, and she just went all the way up to the tower, then jumped.

by Anonymousreply 81August 22, 2019 1:28 PM

R38, I think that jumper is still alive. I saw an article recently where he's dedicated his life to helping raise money to put nets around the GGB.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82August 22, 2019 1:43 PM

Get a hot, male caregiver to hold the pillow over your face until you stop struggling.

Perhaps ask for a leisurely sponge bath, right before!

by Anonymousreply 83August 22, 2019 2:02 PM

Can you imagine the nightmare if you attempted to kill yourself, but failed, and ended up paralyzed (so you couldn't attempt it again without help) or with permanent brain damage - all the while fully aware that you brought this additional layer of torment on yourself?

by Anonymousreply 84August 22, 2019 2:18 PM

R84, people apparently botch it when shooting themselves in the head. A small caliber bullet will bounce off and around the skull. It could mess up your face, but not kill you. That’s why you should shoot into the roof of your mouth. That’s really messy, though. Somebody’s got to clean it up.

When my Mom died of emphysema, she hit her head on the garage floor. If she bled at all, her caregiver cleaned it up immediately, before I got there. I was grateful for that.

by Anonymousreply 85August 22, 2019 2:41 PM

There should be an app where serial killers can hook up with those wanting to commit suicide.

by Anonymousreply 86August 22, 2019 5:44 PM

I'm sure you cold accomplish this with some carefully planned and over-enthusiastic rimming.

by Anonymousreply 87August 22, 2019 5:47 PM

R50, the Clorox was intentional. The glass door happened because of her body spasming to the fact that she'd just poisoned herself and she went through the door.

by Anonymousreply 88August 22, 2019 5:54 PM

read all DL threads, that should do the job

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89August 23, 2019 1:06 AM

It's kind of amazing to me that people write about nembutal and seconal, drugs you will never get your hands on. Things that Judy and Marilyn killed themselves with are no longer on market. Morphine can kill you easily in overdose. That's how they do it in palliative care and cancer wards - if they're charitable and no one is looking. Bless them. An overdose of morphine slows down respiration to a stop. It's the kind of thing that many people have opportunity to get their hands on.

The best at home method is the helium tank. I'm not going to say how - this is not a suicide recipe center. But it's always successful if done right and all you need is a party rental center than delivers. Order more than the tank.... Say you're having a birthday party and you're not even lying.

You can not kill yourself with benzos. Or they wouldn't give you so many. Benzos replaced barbiturates. Damn them.

by Anonymousreply 90August 23, 2019 1:19 AM

Maybe use a two stage process...first, spend your remaining money on very expensive French wine and get shitfaced drunk. THEN throw yourself off that 21 story building.

by Anonymousreply 91August 23, 2019 1:27 AM

I am a strong proponent of legalized and assisted suicide for adults. And not just terminally Ill adults either. A huge number of suicide methods can result in surviving in even worse shape than you started. Legal adults should have the option of exiting their life peacefully with the help of a medical professional. Life is nothing particularly special or any sort of gift. And I think forcing people to stay in existences they hate is just downright cruel.

by Anonymousreply 92August 23, 2019 1:34 AM

Starvation doesn’t work. Believe me, I’ve tried.

by Anonymousreply 93August 23, 2019 1:46 AM

Though I wouldn't be here to suffer the embarrasment, being found with a cheap plastic bag wrapped around my head isn't exactly the final image I'd want to leave behind (?)

by Anonymousreply 94August 23, 2019 2:08 AM

Immersion in the poetry of Anne Sexton might get one geared up - -

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95August 23, 2019 2:48 AM

R94 You could bedazzle the bag so it won’t look so cheap or put an alien face hugger over it for a bit of whimsy.

by Anonymousreply 96August 23, 2019 2:48 AM

Or maybe a turban?

Or an additional plastic bag, [italic]tied[/italic] as a turban?

by Anonymousreply 97August 23, 2019 3:04 AM

Why would it matter? No matter what you look like when you go, you end up ashes or rotting in a box.

Just ask for a closed casket. If it pisses anyone off, who gives a shit? You'll be dead.

by Anonymousreply 98August 23, 2019 3:07 AM

A Carmen Miranda fruit basket turban so whoever finds you can enjoy some snacks while they wait for the police.

by Anonymousreply 99August 23, 2019 3:10 AM

If you go the starvation route, you get the benefit of dying thin and looking spiffy in your coffin.

by Anonymousreply 100August 23, 2019 3:46 AM

Eat yourself to death. Lay around and enjoy carbs and sugar all day everyday. You might even get to be on my 600 pound life or end up with Richard Simmons crying at your bedside before they crane away your dead body,

by Anonymousreply 101August 23, 2019 3:54 AM

This thread is skating all over the place. As Anne Sexton said, "suicides never ask why, they only want to know how."

by Anonymousreply 102August 23, 2019 4:01 AM

R86 That's similar to the premise of I Hired a Contract Killer

by Anonymousreply 103August 23, 2019 4:14 AM

In reality, most cancer patients die from morphine overdose. Such ridiculous hypocrisy around this topic. Yet it is so common. No one will actually acknowledge it though. Hospice gives patients morphine - and assuming the body can process it somehow, family will administer to ease the pain until the patient effectively overdoses, I just want to be sure I can do it earlier in the process. God damn Christians and politicians.

by Anonymousreply 104August 23, 2019 4:22 AM

Once I hit 80, I'm going with r101's method

by Anonymousreply 105August 23, 2019 4:28 AM

We do not have to right to end our lives. That is only up to the Lord.

by Anonymousreply 106August 23, 2019 4:32 AM

R106 he’s got BIGGER issues

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107August 23, 2019 4:37 AM

R107 Jesus is Cumming!

by Anonymousreply 108August 23, 2019 4:38 AM

A combo of Trazodone and Klonopin will put you to sleep forever. Have a couple glasses of wine to wash them down to guarantee success.

by Anonymousreply 109August 23, 2019 4:38 AM

It's hard to have a serious conversation about this here. Do volunteer work R105.

Some people need real help in getting what they need before your glib (already fat) ass gets to 80. And you're lying because you would be the first one to be terrified when you got the tingly limbs, numb feet, painful neuropathy & blind vision of diabetes. Or congestive heart failure - gasping for breath with legs the size of tree trunks and constant oxygen flow required to keep you comfortably sedate. Some dumb ass people here. Any intelligent person spends some time thinking about how they might one day need to take control of how they live and die. Long before they are 80 or 60 or 40. Intelligent people know that they will die. And that it won't likely be in their sleep. Most people are dumb.

by Anonymousreply 110August 23, 2019 4:39 AM

Barbiturates washed down with alcohol. Seconal. You can’t buy them anymore though.

by Anonymousreply 111August 23, 2019 4:40 AM

[quote]Inert gas inhalation, nitrogen or helium. You lose consciousness and your brain dies from loss of oxygen.

Yeah but it’s messy. You have seizures before you die. Yuck.

by Anonymousreply 112August 23, 2019 4:42 AM

[quote]Overdose

Easy to mess that up if you don’t take enough or the right combination. You could wake up a day later in a puddle of your own pee or get “saved” by someone and end up in the hospital with brain damage. Risky.

by Anonymousreply 113August 23, 2019 4:46 AM

[quote]you can usually buy it OTC in Mexico at vet pharmacies, since it is the same medication that is used to put animals to sleep

Vets use intravenous Nembutal though. Wouldn’t you have to have someone inject you with Nembutal you got in that way?

by Anonymousreply 114August 23, 2019 4:52 AM

Inject yourself with air.

by Anonymousreply 115August 23, 2019 4:55 AM

[quote]how many 10 mg percocets to od?

Percocets have Tylenol (acetaminophen) in them. Take a large dose of that and you’ll kill your liver plus run the risk of surviving and needing a liver transplant. You really don’t want to do that. Plus it’s got to be very uncomfortable going into rapid liver failure.

by Anonymousreply 116August 23, 2019 4:57 AM

I’m reading this thread and giggling. Thanks for making me smile you twisted bitches.

by Anonymousreply 117August 23, 2019 5:08 AM

R50 Yes. Rachel Roberts always meant business.

by Anonymousreply 118August 23, 2019 7:48 AM

We had many close calls (intensive care unit) combining Miss Boozette with valium,librium, chloral hydrate, phenobarbitol, dilantin, elavil, etc, but than God we survived!

by Anonymousreply 119August 23, 2019 7:51 AM

If you need just a teeny bit of encouragement to do the deed, watch HOW TO DIE IN OREGON first.. That always does the trick.

Either that or make it count. In 2021, stand next to SC Justice John Roberts and scream 'Allahu Akbar!' over and over. Bonus points if you can get in a huddle with Roberts, Kavanaugh and Thomas.

by Anonymousreply 120August 23, 2019 8:03 AM

"Can you imagine the nightmare if you attempted to kill yourself, but failed, and ended up paralyzed (so you couldn't attempt it again without help) or with permanent brain damage - all the while fully aware that you brought this additional layer of torment on yourself."

My ex took care of a 19 year old patient who did this. He is now a quadriplegic, and cannot finish the job. He lives in the nursing home my ex used to work in. At 19 he was looking forward to decades of being unable to do anything for himself whatsoever. No masturbating, no scratching an itch on his face, what a nightmare. That truely is hell.

by Anonymousreply 121August 23, 2019 8:33 AM

My sister got the job done with Percodan, Valium, and white wine. Whether the Neil Diamond playing in the background played a role, we will never know.

by Anonymousreply 122August 23, 2019 12:46 PM

Apparently not Coronavirus-19

by Anonymousreply 123March 16, 2020 6:50 AM

I was thinking overdose of sleeping pills, but I'm not sure if it works.

by Anonymousreply 124March 16, 2020 6:52 AM

I think every adult should have the legal option of doctor assisted suicide, after exhausting other options. We'd have a lot fewer angry and bitter people around who hate life and exist in misery but are too afraid to risk physical disability . By the way, I don't say that in a tone of judgement . Access to nembutal should be the ultimate human right .

by Anonymousreply 125March 16, 2020 6:56 AM

I don't know how to do it, with no garage.

by Anonymousreply 126March 16, 2020 6:58 AM

A shot in the head.

by Anonymousreply 127March 16, 2020 7:03 AM

A friend of mine drank weed killer. It took him a week to die from it. He always liked a little drama. I didn't understand why he didn't get some illegal drugs instead. He could have had a smack down.

by Anonymousreply 128March 16, 2020 7:04 AM

I can't believe people have survived jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge but wikipedia says it's true. How depressing.

by Anonymousreply 129March 16, 2020 7:18 AM

Can one masturbate themself to death?

by Anonymousreply 130March 16, 2020 8:22 AM

Anthony Bourdain/Kate Spade door lean self-strangulation.

by Anonymousreply 131March 16, 2020 8:30 AM

I want to die from jaden storm sitting my face till I smother to death.....or matt bomer….or theo James.

by Anonymousreply 132March 16, 2020 9:48 AM

insanity

by Anonymousreply 133March 16, 2020 9:51 AM

Carbon monoxide poisoning. But don't think you can get away with murder if you kill people with this though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134March 16, 2020 10:35 AM

No one has mentioned insulin yet. I thought this was a painless way to go and easy to obtain if you go to a doctor or hospital in a new city.

Is there a black market for Nembutal or is Mexico the only option? When you Google Nembutal there're several offers, but I doubt you actually get the real drug or the package will make it through customs.

by Anonymousreply 135March 16, 2020 11:00 AM

Regards hair dryer in the tub. Highly impossible now that since I believe 1972 all outlets near water must have a GFCI interrupter. when it detects a short it cuts power within 20ms. You might get a little jolt but not enough.

by Anonymousreply 136March 16, 2020 4:02 PM

Best to let mother take care of it.

by Anonymousreply 137March 16, 2020 4:07 PM

Best to let mother take care of it.

by Anonymousreply 138March 16, 2020 4:08 PM

Helicopter ride? Too soon?

by Anonymousreply 139March 17, 2020 2:06 AM

Want steve rickz to smother my face till I die....BEST ASS IN DA BIZ

by Anonymousreply 140March 17, 2020 7:56 AM

Suicide is a sin, we do not have a right to take our our life, that is strictly up to the Lord.

by Anonymousreply 141March 18, 2020 4:32 AM

OD with a nice pain killer like heroin.

by Anonymousreply 142March 18, 2020 4:36 AM

A bottle of sleeping aid.

by Anonymousreply 143March 18, 2020 4:39 AM

Heroin is nice unless you choke.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144March 18, 2020 4:42 AM

Any way opposite of Final Destination.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145March 18, 2020 4:48 AM

Isn't it obviously a fentenyl or heroin overdoes?

by Anonymousreply 146March 18, 2020 12:33 PM

If you commit suicide, you will not be able to enter the kingdom of heaven. Only the Lord can decide when our time on earth ends.

by Anonymousreply 147March 28, 2020 3:06 AM

'Vodka and Benzos wil do the same. Go to sleep, your heart slows to a stop and you don't wake up.'

This only happens if you're naive to both substances (ie never drink vodka or take benzos). Otherwise you'll just have a nice long sleep and wake up forgetting you'd even tried to suicide.

by Anonymousreply 148March 28, 2020 3:09 AM

Crystal meth rocks up your ass. Make sure you enhance your last moments with a massage table and a disco ball.

by Anonymousreply 149March 28, 2020 3:10 AM

One things for sure, it's not Covid-19. Terrible stories of patients dying alone in agony.

by Anonymousreply 150March 28, 2020 5:43 AM

r147 Grow up.

by Anonymousreply 151March 28, 2020 12:09 PM

[Quote]If you commit suicide, you will not be able to enter the kingdom of heaven.

Will the Lord let us gays into the kingdom of heaven for, you know, having gay sex with other men?

by Anonymousreply 152March 28, 2020 12:16 PM

Voting for Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 153March 28, 2020 12:21 PM

Listening to Beyoncé albums.

by Anonymousreply 154March 28, 2020 12:22 PM

When my soul was being deliberately crushed by tag teams of bullies, my plan was based on that of a British civil servant who'd been instrumental in putting over the UK's involvement in George W. Bush's disastrous Iraq-Afghanistan bloodbath. He went out into the woods, took a sedative, cut himself and passed out as he bled to death. I ultimately decided against doing it because I had vulnerable young relatives and didn't want them to have suicide in their family history. So I found a therapist (which took months--getting competent psychiatric care in the US is surprisingly difficult) and worked hard on pulling myself together and that's why I'm here today.

by Anonymousreply 155March 28, 2020 12:34 PM

[quote] When my Mom died of emphysema, she hit her head on the garage floor.

Oh, my! You just don't find a sentence like that every day. I thank you.

by Anonymousreply 156March 28, 2020 12:36 PM

R81 I was an undergrad at Michigan when Sarah Poer jumped off the Burton Bell Tower. Were you there at that time too?

by Anonymousreply 157March 28, 2020 3:14 PM

^^Sarah Power**

by Anonymousreply 158March 28, 2020 3:15 PM

R81 I’m an idiot. You said you were in grad school. I wa in my junior year. A student co-worker at a campus job came out of her class in the MLB and saw the body splattered on the ground. Horrible.

by Anonymousreply 159March 28, 2020 3:18 PM

[quote]One things for sure, it's not Covid-19. Terrible stories of patients dying alone in agony

I thought if you were terminal with covid, ICU staff give you opiates and then you're more calm about dying gasping for air.

by Anonymousreply 160September 8, 2020 5:45 AM

[quote]R43 My Great Uncle Pierre ate poison berries, then when for a very long swim. He was 23.

I’m curious what his issue was. Do you know?

by Anonymousreply 161September 8, 2020 6:27 AM

Over eat everyday, smoke and drink. Don't forget to write bad cheques for added stress.

by Anonymousreply 162September 8, 2020 7:33 PM

Smoke? I don't know if dying of emphysema or bronchitis or lung cancer is exactly painless.

by Anonymousreply 163September 9, 2020 12:19 AM

R42 hates animals and is a moron.

by Anonymousreply 164September 9, 2020 12:33 AM

I wish Elsie was still here for me to ask her. She was the happiest corpse I'd ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 165September 9, 2020 12:52 AM

Having Garrett Clayton sit on my face until I can no longer breathe.

by Anonymousreply 166September 9, 2020 12:52 AM

A neighbor recently died in his home and wasn’t found for a couple weeks. He just fell when drunk and hit his head, as I understand it, The cleanup bill was over $20,000. I guess the whole place had to be sanitized because the dead body was there so long. Very sad. I don’t recommend that, OP.

by Anonymousreply 167September 9, 2020 1:20 AM

R156, I originally wrote about my mom’s death and I cringed when I read your comment about it. That’s not your fault or anything, it’s on me entirely. I think Mom was moving her oxygen tanks around to make room for the group arriving for Thanksgiving dinner the next day, and had an episode where she lost her breath and fell. I spoke to her by phone just two hours earlier, saying I was on my way there.

I wish youth and health lasted longer and I’m so fearful for those who are or will be affected by COVID. So many people seem to act like it doesn’t exist.

by Anonymousreply 168September 9, 2020 1:35 AM

I am so grateful I live in Oregon where medically assisted suicide is available if needed.

by Anonymousreply 169September 9, 2020 1:39 AM

Go out in public and just be yourself.

That should take care of things.

by Anonymousreply 170September 9, 2020 2:17 AM

[quote]My Great Uncle Pierre ate poison berries, then when for a very long swim. He was 23

Bipolar? Chronic depression? Broke up with someone?

by Anonymousreply 171September 9, 2020 3:41 AM

If one is considering suicide because of money issues or running out then one is better served by buying a plane ticket to any of the Scandinavian or german countries and commiting a serious crime there (stab or shoot some wealthy bitch or asshole). Jails there seem pretty decent and you get a warm bed and three hot meals.

by Anonymousreply 172September 9, 2020 4:30 AM

[quote]R172 If one is considering suicide because of money issues or running out

Someone told me that the vast number of American adults who commit suicide do it because they’re freaked out about debt, or loss of income. They just don’t see a way out or a way to start again.

I don’t know if that’s actually true, but it would make sense to me, seeing as how many people are distressed when they see their dreams dashed. And in America, often what we dream about is living a certain way... rather than appreciating the things we have.

by Anonymousreply 173September 9, 2020 4:56 AM

Norway or Switzerland jails look good. Besides who would miss some banking asshole there?

by Anonymousreply 174September 9, 2020 5:20 AM

[quote] Me: My Great Uncle Pierre ate poison berries, then went for a very long swim. He was 23.

[quote] R171: Bipolar? Chronic depression? Broke up with someone?

[quote] R161: I’m curious what his issue was. Do you know?

Since you asked, to explain my great Uncle Pierre, I must explain his background:

His mother’s family lived in one of those Bohemian (German-Czech) utopian religious communes that were popular from at least 1717 until about 1830 in Sharon, Connecticut and nearby Dutchess County, New York.

(I just re-discovered that this family-line has a Revolutionary War veteran, making at least three among my ancestors, whoopdedo!)

Anyway, about Pierre: His maternal grandfather left the commune and moved to Brooklyn. It seems he made and lost a lot of money as a doctor/pharmacist.

So, she was raised very religious and was a little crazy. She was said to be addled because she couldn’t serve tea properly. (It was a different world, then.) My cousin speculates that the poor tea service was simply because she was raised wealthy and had servants who served tea, so she just never learned how to do it. We don’t know.

But one crazy thing for sure, is that she would wake her children at 5 am to pray. She had two children who died before age four, and “was never the same again”. One gravestone reads “Little Howard”. It’s actually very sad to see it.

The result was I had one addled spinster great aunt who I once met. Another spinster great aunt became a missionary and travelled the world spreading the Good Book. Another great uncle thought people shouldn’t have children, since the world was going to end soon with Christ’s second coming, though he, himself, had a large family. My own grandpa didn’t reject religion entirely, but was more like most others at the time, and not an enthusiast/nutcase.

Great Uncle Pierre became a missionary to the (American) Indians. He left Brooklyn and the last record I have of him is that he was employed as a “rope maker” in Denver 1895.

The story about that he ate poison berries and then drown at age 23 is family lore. The suggestion has been that it was suicide. I have no documentation of this. It doesn’t quite sound right to me, but it’s what I’ve heard. Though he died in 1895, I knew adults who knew some of my great aunts and uncles, Pierre’s siblings, as adults.

My own Dad was a community leader, kind and generous. He had that universal blood type and was one of those maximum blood donors who saved at least one baby’s life that we know of. I am very lucky to have had him as a father and that he avoided the addledness that seems to run in my family.

Little Howard’s grave is directly to the left of the dialogue box saying “I’m sorry. Ma” in the linked photo. That’s my family plot, from the oak tree on the left to the obelisk on the right of the dialogue box, in the background of this scene from the TV show, “Hunters”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175September 9, 2020 8:25 PM

pills

by Anonymousreply 176September 9, 2020 8:34 PM

There's a chance for regurgitation. Perhaps carbon monoxide poisoning in the garage.

by Anonymousreply 177September 9, 2020 9:27 PM

R177, please check out R41.

by Anonymousreply 178September 9, 2020 10:47 PM

I don't know about Uncle Pierre, but reading R175's pointless folklore makes me want to kill myself. I'm sorry Pa. Maybe Pierre was bored to death? Jesus Christ. Try to stay relevant. Virginia Woolf and Jeff Buckley both walked into the water with pockets full of stones. That's romance.

by Anonymousreply 179September 9, 2020 10:50 PM

R171, you‘d get extradited because they don’t want selfish American assholes there.

by Anonymousreply 180September 9, 2020 10:59 PM

[Quote]I am so grateful I live in Oregon where medically assisted suicide is available if needed.

Oregon has red tape up the ass re euthanasia. No where near as humane as the Swiss model.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181September 9, 2020 11:25 PM

R179, I was asked twice about Great Uncle Pierre, so I answered.

I just looked. The grave-stone actually reads, “Our Little Howard”. How sad to bury a child,

But I like your post, anyway. You insult well.

by Anonymousreply 182September 9, 2020 11:45 PM

R178, I would be careful crossing the street.

by Anonymousreply 183September 9, 2020 11:59 PM

How bout poisonous mushrooms?

by Anonymousreply 184September 17, 2020 6:32 PM

That’s nothing, I was a junior at Ole Miss when Billy Joe McAllister jumped off the fucking Tallahatchie Bridge!

by Anonymousreply 185September 19, 2020 10:37 AM

[quote]R184 How bout poisonous mushrooms?

That would be painful... literally sickening.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186September 20, 2020 6:10 AM

The Tallahatchie Bridge was only 20 feet high, R185. You couldn't kill yourself by jumping off it.

by Anonymousreply 187September 20, 2020 6:21 AM

Try it and find out, bitch!

by Anonymousreply 188September 20, 2020 6:29 AM

my mother passed away earlier this year; my best friend killed himself two years ago.

I've thought about ending my pain many times, but having read this thread it's too gruesome; I'd rather live and fight and try to find some happiness before my times comes.

I do pray for a calm death.

I am afraid of having a bad night and ending it. Having read this thread, I think it's best to do a combo -- like swallow a whole bunch of pills and then jump off a roof - that way if you survive one, you won't the other.

by Anonymousreply 189September 20, 2020 6:41 AM

Having cared for many self-inflicted GSW (gunshot wounded) patients who survived suicide attempts, this is not a recommended method. There often is a reflexive response involving the head (and occasionally the torso) which results in a ricochet effect where the bullet grazes (but devastatingly destroys), the brain, face or target organ in the torso.

[quote] The best at home method is the helium tank. I'm not going to say how - this is not a suicide recipe center. But it's always successful if done right and all you need is a party rental center than delivers. Order more than the tank.... Say you're having a birthday party and you're not even lying.

I, unfortunately, had a very wise colleague make a shocking decision to end her life seamlessly. She ordered a large amount of helium balloons, called her family who lived 15 minutes away and said good-bye. They raced to her place to find only to find her gone. It was quick. But the aftermath was painful for her family and those who cared for her: two members died of “unanticipated” physical anomalies shortly thereafter.

by Anonymousreply 190September 20, 2020 7:39 AM

R90 reminded me, a friend died of a morphine overdose when he scooped-up his just-deceased sister’s morphine for her cancer treatment. We thought he was just getting high and took too much by mistake, but he had become unemployed in the dot-com crash, and wasn’t handling it well, so who knows?

He once told me quite proudly that he got a special bonus because he was so appreciated. I knew just enough not to mention that everybody who didn’t qualify for the more lucrative stock bonus payments were given that bonus he got, and it wasn’t for stellar performance. That would really have hurt him, and I liked him. I was very upset when he died, and his siblings lost a sister to cancer and brother to a drug overdose over about 10 days.

He once had a three day blackout. He and I hadn’t talked in years but he called me after three days, when he found my number. We had met in a bar where he was drinking a beer, which was weird because he was a decade sober last I knew. Anyway, I spent all night trying to find where he lived so I could walk him home. It was February and I was afraid he was going to freeze to death, in his state. When I told him we met at this Gay bar, he replied, “Was I in my bathrobe?” He was dressed normally, but thought that was a funny question, and he was serious. He had taken 27 Ativan and was drinking, hence the blackout.

by Anonymousreply 191September 21, 2020 6:19 AM

R128 out in the country where I’m from, pesticides or weed killers are a relatively-common and well-known suicide aid. No-one talks about it, but it’s an accepted and unspoken phenomenon.

Just last year, a local farmer who had gotten old and fell on hard times was found slumped over the newspaper spread on the kitchen table in his cottage, dead as a doornail. Toxicology came back, and said he’d somehow ingested enough ammonium nitrate to lethally poison a grown stock horse.

There again, people end up dead accidentally in the sticks all the time. I’ve heard it all; falling in digester, drowning in a reservoir, getting stuck in a grain silo, falling into a slurry pit, getting dragged behind a tractor or a plough, tramped by a bull. Worth noting too that manure or chemical herbicide/pesticide, stored or transported in hot close confines for a long time, gives off powerful noxious gas.

Endless gruesome ways to die in the agricultural West.

by Anonymousreply 192September 21, 2020 10:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!