Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Please describe your ideal type of man

What do you like? Twink, muscular, fit-fat, daddy? Type of butt? Do you care particularly about chests or arms or feet? Age? Glasses? Facial hair or none? Body hair--a little, a lot, or none? etc.

If you do provide a picture, please also use words to describe what you like.

Finally: I am asking about the kind of man you are attracted to for the purposes of a hook-up, not husband material.

by Anonymousreply 31August 21, 2019 3:12 PM

The owner of these feet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 20, 2019 4:37 AM

Five foot ten, strongly built, about a hundred and eighty pounds, hair blonde, eyes pale blue. He'd be about thirty-five now. He said he lived in Philadelphia, but he may have lied. That's all I can remember, mum, but if I think of any more, I will let you know.

Oh, and Senator, just one more thing:

love your suit.

by Anonymousreply 2August 20, 2019 4:39 AM

Tall, fair skin, dark hair, blue or green eyes, and rich :D

by Anonymousreply 3August 20, 2019 4:43 AM

This

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 20, 2019 4:48 AM

Again: please actually describe the person with words, and don't only show a photo. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 5August 20, 2019 4:53 AM

R4, is that Karen Hemsworth?

by Anonymousreply 6August 20, 2019 4:53 AM

Husky, fit-fat; European/Middle Eastern/South Asian; a roundish face; ski-jump nose; clean, straight teeth; dark brown hair; and, especially, dark brown - almost black - eyes. If the comedian Mark Normand were huskier, he would be my ideal man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7August 20, 2019 4:58 AM

Total daddy lover. Tall, naturally big, average looks (I'm the gorgeous one).

by Anonymousreply 8August 20, 2019 5:10 AM

Since you said it's a hook-up, not a husband: A big, dumb, hairy ex-jock. 35-45 y.o. Around 6'1'. Big chest, sagging a bit now that he's past his athletic prime. Broad shoulders. Bit of a belly - not too much. All-American good looks. Dark blond or sandy brown hair, balding. Clean-shaven face. Very hairy chest. Thick forearms and nice hands. Friendly but dumb, like a golden retriever.

by Anonymousreply 9August 20, 2019 6:51 AM

Husky, funny and black and white.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 20, 2019 7:11 AM

5'8-5'11, short dark hair, shaved at back and sides. Bearded, but nicely trimmed (not too long and not straggly). Broad, handsome/rugged face with a strong jaw, chin and well-proportioned features (eyes not too close or far apart, nose in proportion to face). Eye colour isn't a factor for me. A great smile with good teeth, and juicy full lips.

Body - well-built, lean enough to show a six pack but not so lean you can see veins everywhere. Big arms, shoulders and pecs with a smaller waist - classic V-shape. Clippered bodyhair across the chest and stomach. Large, thick cock (uncut) with big but not too saggy balls, shaved. High and tight bubble butt, which is smooth with a completely smooth, clean and symmetrical hole. Either no tattoos or minimal - artistic or patterns, not writing, or random images that look like stencils/stamps, and preferably only on the arms, shoulders or upper back.

Big thick legs, lightly hairy. Feet - not gross but no preference other than that.

Race not important.

An example:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11August 20, 2019 8:20 AM

Short, about 5' 8", relatively smooth, and nice and curvy. That fits my Ex to a T.

by Anonymousreply 12August 20, 2019 8:37 AM

Tall, dark longish hair, blue green eyes, hairy chest. Kind of like a modern version of Jon Bon Jovi in the 80's.

by Anonymousreply 13August 20, 2019 8:38 AM

I like guys with an average build. I've had muscular guys and it was okay, but it really didn't turn me on. Skinny guys are a big turn off. They can't be taller than me and I'm 6'. Perhaps 5' 6" to 5' 10". I like a little bit of hair in the right places, but not too hairy. They can be from any country. Perhaps a cock that is a little above average and it can be cut or uncut. They must have naturally white teeth and a great smile. Most of all, they must be clean and not have more than a couple of tattoos and preferably no piercings.

The biggest turn on for me would be a guy that has an extensive background in technology or science in general. I work in the technology field and sit in meetings getting turned on by guys who are explaining proposed technology changes. I have no interest in having to dumb down my conversation in order to have sex with a guy. I guess that is the bottom line. Big turn off if they can't carry on a conversation. I'd rather they shut up and get on with it.

Thanks OP for the thread. I've never sat down and written out my "ideal type" before.

by Anonymousreply 14August 20, 2019 8:57 AM

Older guy, maybe 50s, nice body - but not overbuilt and roided out; hairy chest and crotch (NO shaving); maybe one or two small tats; dark hair; blue eyes; successful in business; likes to cuddle; think Jwffrey Dean Morgan (kinda...)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 20, 2019 9:18 AM

Someone late 30s, probably raised in Essex.

Maybe an actor or patron of the arts.

Big ears.

And ultra-ultra-masculine.

If only such a gay man existed.

by Anonymousreply 16August 20, 2019 9:23 AM

6'2'-6'4', dark hair receding at the temples (a sign of high testosterone), powerful moderately hairy chest, closely cropped thick well trimmed beard (NO NECK HAIR), well muscled hairy forearms, trim to height/weight proportional waist, girthy member 6-8", long trim tight legs that are not excessively muscled.

by Anonymousreply 17August 20, 2019 9:24 AM

Someone who isn't a cunt and isn't obsessed with the gym.

by Anonymousreply 18August 20, 2019 9:33 AM

[quote]Please describe your ideal type of man

Someone just like myself. So ideal!!!

by Anonymousreply 19August 20, 2019 9:36 AM

It varies, but the two features that I always favor in the end are dark hair and dark eyes. I will almost always be more attracted to a man that has black/brown hair and brown/hazel eyes than I will one with brown hair and blue eyes. I do sometimes find myself incredibly turned on by guys who are blond and that have brown eyes, though—not sure why that is. I don't have a height discrimination, which I know some do; I'm 6'2" and would date someone who is 5'5" as quickly as I would someone taller than myself. I tend to prefer body hair.

by Anonymousreply 20August 20, 2019 10:28 AM

OK!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21August 20, 2019 10:34 AM

Pretty, caramel/tan colored, slightly muscled twinks. Mostly latino or black

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22August 20, 2019 1:35 PM

Pretty, delicate, soft dainty and gentle by nature. Androgynous guys are particularly hot to me. Age - wont turn down a much younger guy if approached, but generally prefer a guy somewhat closer to my age (40's-50's) Have seen 18 year olds that do absolutely nothing for me whatsoever, and guys in their late 60's that I utterly lust after. And the other way around of course, and slightly more often to be honest. I like twinks, but not just twinks. Skinny or skinnyfat, or at least slim, lean, not particularly muscular at all. I prefer guys that are soft both physically and by nature. Any sort of butt, as long as it isnt huge. Dont really care particularly about any part of their body over any other, as long as they arent obese. The bear type does nothing for me at all, ditto the big "muscle bull" type Taller is somewhat preferable, but a pretty but short guy can work for me too. Smooth somewhat preferable to hairy, any colour from road reflector white to dark coffee and everything in between. Hair - yes, any colour, very much including gray. Skinny older guys with gray hair can be very hot to me. Facial hair generally doesnt work for me, with the occasional exception like Johnathan Ness Eyes, any colour except red. Glasses are all good, actually a slight plus Soft, somewhat effeminate, with "gay voice" a big plus Prissy queens are a big turn on for me, I know they arent for most, but I actually find that arousing! Sissy guys too. I like guys that are affectionate and gentle, rather than rough. Any roughness in a guy just shuts me down hard, fuck that I'm outta there

Bunch of examples - Anderson Cooper I find extremely attractive. Also Timothy Chalamet (yeah yeah, DL's seem to have a love/hate relationship with the guy), Shawn Mendes also does it for me. But right at the other end of the age range I also find Peter Tatchell incredibly attractive (pic below). And also Trey Gowdy also does it for me. I got a type but my lust is still pretty wide ranging I guess.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23August 20, 2019 5:45 PM

Fuck what happened to all the formatting in my post? And why cant I edit it? Shit

by Anonymousreply 24August 20, 2019 6:13 PM

If if just a hookup, Young (20-30) Latino, twinkish body, complete whore.

by Anonymousreply 25August 20, 2019 6:23 PM

Lemme try that again and see if the formatting takes this time

Pretty, delicate, soft dainty and gentle by nature. Androgynous guys are particularly hot to me.

Age - wont turn down a much younger guy if approached, but generally prefer a guy somewhat closer to my age (40's-50's) Have seen 18 year olds that do absolutely nothing for me whatsoever, and guys in their late 60's that I utterly lust after. And the other way around of course, and slightly more often to be honest.

I like twinks, but not just twinks.

Skinny or skinnyfat, or at least slim, lean, not particularly muscular at all. I prefer guys that are soft both physically and by nature.

Any sort of butt, as long as it isnt huge. Dont really care particularly about any part of their body over any other, as long as they arent obese.

The bear type does nothing for me at all, ditto the big "muscle bull" type

Taller is somewhat preferable, but a pretty but short guy can work for me too.

Smooth somewhat preferable to hairy, any colour from road reflector white to dark coffee and everything in between.

Hair - yes, any colour, very much including gray. Skinny older guys with gray hair can be very hot to me.

Facial hair generally doesnt work for me, with the occasional exception like Johnathan Ness

Eyes, any colour except red. Glasses are all good, actually a slight plus

Soft, somewhat effeminate, with "gay voice" a big plus Prissy queens are a big turn on for me, I know they arent for most, but I actually find that arousing! Sissy guys too.

I like guys that are affectionate and gentle, rather than rough. Any roughness in a guy just shuts me down hard, fuck that I'm outta there

Bunch of examples - Anderson Cooper I find extremely attractive. Also Timothy Chalamet (yeah yeah, DL's seem to have a love/hate relationship with the guy), Shawn Mendes also does it for me. But right at the other end of the age range I also find Peter Tatchell incredibly attractive (pic below). And also Trey Gowdy also does it for me. I got a type but my lust is still pretty wide ranging I guess.

While I'm at it another guy thats exactly my type

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26August 20, 2019 7:59 PM

I like boyish men or manly boys.

by Anonymousreply 27August 20, 2019 8:09 PM

R20, I share your strong preference for brown hair and especially brown eyes, and the real turn-on of a blond guy with brown eyes. So hot!

Speaking of eye color, has anyone else noticed that the VAST majority of gay white men (including myself) have blue eyes on apps and dating sites? I know it's purely anecdotal, but it makes me wonder if there's some sort of genetic connection....

by Anonymousreply 28August 21, 2019 12:05 AM

Here’s my ideal:

He’s around 5 years younger than me, 5’8, 150 to 175 lbs, and either South American , Southern European or American cornbread. He’s on the muscular side with a beautiful ass and great legs. More on the smooth side and slightly femme and introverted. He can have a normal job but be slightly reliant on me in every day situations. A homebody who doesn’t party anymore or ever did. Someone who works a lot out but also loves food. A health nut would be a no from me. I’d rather they avoid politics but they must have a major interest in traveling to non touristy places, foreign movies, and different cultures. His friends should be diverse (especially if they are privileged and living in an urban center) and he dislikes large groups. He loves animals and is a good cook. Must love to cuddle and be affectionate. Doesn’t want children either, just lots of pets.

by Anonymousreply 29August 21, 2019 2:56 PM

Medium-to-stocky build with broad shoulders, tight butt, powerful legs. Has to have nice, strong hands and a neat hairline. I like Latinos. Size of dick is not THAT important, unless, of course, it's the heartbreak known as micro-penis. I mean, how can you work with THAT!? I guess I should seek advice from the Fart Bag in the White House.

by Anonymousreply 30August 21, 2019 3:10 PM

^ no, I am not dating a micro-penis. But I did meet an otherwise REALLY attractive and well-built guy who had one. Talk about awkward!

by Anonymousreply 31August 21, 2019 3:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!