Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Shirtless Harry Styles Graces The Cover of Rolling Stone

The cover blurb teases, “Sex, Psychedelics and the Secrets of Stardom”. It’s his second RS cover in two years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 608September 22, 2019 4:54 AM

Is he allowed to be photographed out of his Gucci?

by Anonymousreply 1August 20, 2019 12:52 AM

I never was into him until I saw Dunkirk.

I swooned after.

by Anonymousreply 2August 20, 2019 12:54 AM

He’s bloody gawjus! x

by Anonymousreply 3August 20, 2019 12:56 AM

Only Niall is the normal one without lots of tattoos.

by Anonymousreply 4August 20, 2019 1:03 AM

Harry’s pits look Harryless.

by Anonymousreply 5August 20, 2019 1:09 AM

I always hate to admit that I love “Steal My Girl” by One Direction

by Anonymousreply 6August 20, 2019 1:09 AM

He looks like his mum in this photo, but she has better hair.

by Anonymousreply 7August 20, 2019 1:10 AM

He is young for so many wrinkles. His nose looks enormous. Some people have looks that peak early.

Assume this means he has music coming out. Hope it is better than the dreck he was peddling last time. He had/has a nice tone to his voice, if only they chose songs he could sing.

by Anonymousreply 8August 20, 2019 2:44 AM

I am a Larry shipper; a Larry believer if you will.

by Anonymousreply 9August 20, 2019 2:46 AM

I don’t like tattooed men generally. But he is handsome, suave, and seems like he’d be a great lay

by Anonymousreply 10August 20, 2019 2:48 AM

His eyes are gorgeous

by Anonymousreply 11August 20, 2019 2:50 AM

Harry is currently looking better than he's ever looked. His ass is looking especially tight in this video taken over the weekend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 20, 2019 3:47 AM

Ariana Grande hasn’t even had one cover. It’s just not fair.

by Anonymousreply 13August 20, 2019 3:54 AM

Very handsome

by Anonymousreply 14August 20, 2019 4:11 AM

Should be a great shot but it isn’t. His eyes are dead.

by Anonymousreply 15August 20, 2019 4:21 AM

Got to love those dimples.

by Anonymousreply 16August 20, 2019 4:34 AM

He's a cutie but this is a godawful photo that ages him at least 10 years.

by Anonymousreply 17August 20, 2019 4:35 AM

Do you think he regrets those tats?

by Anonymousreply 18August 20, 2019 4:37 AM

Those are some despicable pits... he's got nothing on Shawn in that department.

by Anonymousreply 19August 20, 2019 4:37 AM

R18 I would think so.

by Anonymousreply 20August 20, 2019 4:39 AM

He reminds me a bit of a less handsome, non-blond version of Bradley James.

by Anonymousreply 21August 20, 2019 4:46 AM

That big noggin on his body kills it for me. Plus, he looks older than his age.

by Anonymousreply 22August 20, 2019 5:59 AM

My armpits are better

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23August 20, 2019 6:02 AM

Noggin on his body?

by Anonymousreply 24August 20, 2019 6:03 AM

SO MANY CROW'S FEET for a 25yo

by Anonymousreply 25August 20, 2019 6:16 AM

R24. Oops. Yes.

by Anonymousreply 26August 20, 2019 6:22 AM

I can't see threads about Harry Styles on this forum without thinking of this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27August 20, 2019 6:30 AM

Awful cover. Is he on drugs?

by Anonymousreply 28August 20, 2019 7:27 AM

He's fug.

Is this a frau thread ?

by Anonymousreply 29August 20, 2019 7:56 AM

Nice to see that he still got that dimpled smile, there's something charming about it. And personally I think it really helps his attractiveness that he doesn't look like a 15 year old anymore.

Will be interesting what his new music will sound like. I always found One Direction awfully bland, typical boy band tripe, but Sign of the Times was a really good song.

by Anonymousreply 30August 20, 2019 8:12 AM

He always had those crow's feet when he laughs, it's just his face.

Here's another photo from a magazine shoot, that was taken 2 years ago (when he was 23) and they were already there, just with different light and less contrast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31August 20, 2019 8:18 AM

Not gonna lie, R31, that's a cute photo. He looks like a puppy.

by Anonymousreply 32August 20, 2019 8:45 AM

How can anyone realistically think he's even marginally attractive?

by Anonymousreply 33August 20, 2019 9:19 AM

Nah, R29, just the Harry Styles/spazz troll sock puppeting. Block him and the thread shrinks quite a bit.

Wonder why he looks so old - those crows feet - does he smoke something heavily?

by Anonymousreply 34August 20, 2019 12:03 PM

His tats are horrid, and I’m not even an anti-tat person. They just look bad on him. The fact that he’s skinny doesn’t help. He’s only remotely cute when he’s got a shirt on.

by Anonymousreply 35August 20, 2019 12:14 PM

Not a flattering picture of him. Or maybe that’s the best in the set? He looks he’s in his 30s . Or is he?

by Anonymousreply 36August 20, 2019 12:21 PM

He's about.. 26 I think? Not sure. But I guess it's just the photo and because he's smiling so widely. He looked fine while on tour last year and I don't think you can age significantly in just one year.

by Anonymousreply 37August 20, 2019 12:26 PM

He's be fine when he enters puberty.

Mum ate a lot of estrogenic boneless chicken when she was pg.

by Anonymousreply 38August 20, 2019 12:36 PM

Taylor Swift says he smells.

by Anonymousreply 39August 20, 2019 12:44 PM

Fugly

by Anonymousreply 40August 20, 2019 12:47 PM

People who smile and laugh a lot have wrinkles around their eyes. I find him very charming and handsome. His personality makes him even cuter. That said, I really hope he abandons the Sgt. Pepper image. I hate him in those long, big collared coats and shit. He needs to keep his hair short(er) and wear snug jeans and/or leather pants coupled with a simple tee. A funkier sound would also suit him well.

by Anonymousreply 41August 20, 2019 12:47 PM

I think he may be the least funky person on the planet, R41. Agree that the clothes are ugly, unflattering and ridiculous - wonder how much Gucci pays?

by Anonymousreply 42August 20, 2019 12:52 PM

He has always been a fairly average looking guy to me, never understood the hype.

by Anonymousreply 43August 20, 2019 12:53 PM

I didn’t think he was musically relevant anymore? He seemed so awkward and out of place at the Met Gala, was he only there because of his label? Isn’t he someone who is just put together by a stylist with no actual editorial style of his own?

by Anonymousreply 44August 20, 2019 12:57 PM

Another example of a nothing person being inexplicably famous.

by Anonymousreply 45August 20, 2019 1:00 PM

He has Guy Wilson (aka Strudel) vibes going on in that pic.

by Anonymousreply 46August 20, 2019 1:57 PM

R44 What you wrote doesn't make any sense? Like, what has being musically relevant to do with the Met Gala - a fashion event? And why would his record label ensure him an invitation for said fashion event? I'm pretty sure he got that invitation because of his well known association with Gucci (they booked him for three campaigns at that point) and general fashion sense. I agree with R41 that not all of his fashion choices make sense to me, but he's often credited with bringing back more flamboyant fashion for men. When he wore his floral Gucci suit at the American Music Awards back in 2015 tons of people were making fun of him, but in the years afterwards there were suddenly plenty of floral or ornamented suits on red carpets, especially for young men like Timothee Chalamet or Shawn Mendes.

Every celebrity out there with at least a bit of relevance has a stylist. Or do you really think they are all so involved with fashion that they know the newest runway looks of all the en vogue designers out there?

As for musical relevance - why shouldn't he be relevant? His debut album was only released two years ago and very successful (critically acclaimed, platinum in several countries), afterwards he was on a sold out two-part world tour until mid 2018. Then he wrote and recorded his second album, which will be released this year, I think. I get why people might not like his music or his face, tastes are different for everyone, but why would you assume he isn't relevant anymore? or "inexplicably famous" R45 ? It's rather obvious that people like his voice and music?

by Anonymousreply 47August 20, 2019 2:16 PM

I agree R47. He is one of the few out there that deserves a place in the pop universe. So much of the music and artists out there today are fleeting and forgettable.

by Anonymousreply 48August 20, 2019 2:42 PM

he's ugly

by Anonymousreply 49August 20, 2019 5:04 PM

R47 R48 calm down Harry stans. His last album was forgettable and he doesn't really have much personality (at least from what he shows to the public). But I admit that he has great connections in Hollywood and all the upper circles so he'll always get invitations, good reviews for mediocre music and work offers.

And now he's suddenly talking about sex and psychedelics when in his other Rolling Stone cover before it was all about Harry never doing drugs because he was so well raised? I guess that image didn't fit the rockstar image he wanted to portray so he's changing his narrative now.

by Anonymousreply 50August 20, 2019 5:12 PM

R50 I agree with everything you mentioned but his lack of personality.

by Anonymousreply 51August 20, 2019 5:37 PM

I find this statement he made terrifying and should make questionable both his music and fashion choices: “I think both my music and fashion main influence was probably Shania Twain,”

From what I can tell he was set to be the breakout star of his group, but never made the impact that a Robbie Williams or Justin Timberlake did with his debut album. So that is why I asked what makes him musically relevant to appear on the cover of Rolling Stone magazine. Or is more of a bought and paid for PR move by his management?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52August 20, 2019 5:57 PM

R49, you are - on the inside. That's the worst kind of ugly.

Actually, no... Trump's the worst kind of ugly. You're a close second. x

by Anonymousreply 53August 20, 2019 6:15 PM

"Or is more of a bought and paid for PR move by his management?"

BINGO

by Anonymousreply 54August 20, 2019 6:18 PM

R52 I think he could have made the same impact as Robbie or Justin, the hype during 1D was certainly there. But it seems pretty clear to me that he didn't want to do that. Even during 1D when interviewers asked the boys what they liked he was into "mum & dad music". Yes, Shania Twain, but also Fleetwood Mac, the Stones, the Beatles, Bowie, Stevie Wonder etc. It was pretty funny, because guys like Liam and Niall would often say smth like Chris Brown or Selena Gomez (= music their teenage girl fans probably knew) and then there was Harry talking about stuff only their parents would really know.

So I don't think it's that surprising that he didn't go the typical pop or R&B route (especially since his voice would be wrong for R&B), even if it means less #1 hits. He probably had enough of making music he wasn't extremely enthusiastic about from 1D and said fuck it afterwards. He's lucky that his label seems to be okay with that, but I guess they try to ramp up the PR, so that they still earn what they want to earn.

I guess his perceived lack of "personality" is another remnant of 1D. Making the boys super relatable, like "friends" for their teenage girl audience, was a big priority in the 1D days and I guess the key to their success. But it also meant that there were basically always available and always had cameras around - for interviews, video diaries, snapchat stories, their "documentary", other TV stuff, photos for books etc. Plus they got asked about all kinds of private matters in interviews - their sex life, their favourite food, if they are circumcised or not, if they miss their siblings, when their first kiss was etc.

So I guess that resulted in another fuck that from him and as a result he is now very guarded and carefully divides his public and private persona and sometimes vanishes for weeks or months. So his private life is another thing his management/label can't really use well for his PR. I doubt we'll see him smooching in public like Shawn & Camila to get him a #1 hit anytime soon, but is good because Shamila was way over the top imho, but it makes him probably rather elusive and not that relatable.

by Anonymousreply 55August 20, 2019 7:08 PM

Sex? What the hell is he going to talk about ?

by Anonymousreply 56August 20, 2019 7:08 PM

R50 They (cleverly) never said that he never did drugs, just that he isn't addicted, which is a significant difference. And I believe that actually. Whatever he takes or doesn't take, I doubt he has a serious drug habit.

I also really don't think this Rolling Stone edition will reveal some sordid drug stories or wild sex orgies. I think it's more an effort of Rolling Stone to sell their magazine and they will talk more in general terms and how it relates to music in the interview or about stuff that's long in the past. Some people really jump the gun with that, already claiming Harry "changes the narrative" with this interview and we don't even know what they talk about.

R56 He was in the biggest boyband of his time, a millionaire teenage superstar travelling the world - do you really think he didn't have plenty of sex in his life? They all did.

by Anonymousreply 57August 20, 2019 7:19 PM

R57 And you think he's going to talk about it now? Not a chance. Everything that he says will just be fluff about being a "serious artist".

by Anonymousreply 58August 20, 2019 7:27 PM

R58 I literally wrote

[quote]I also really don't think this Rolling Stone edition will reveal some sordid drug stories or wild sex orgies. I think it's more an effort of Rolling Stone to sell their magazine and they will talk more in general terms and how it relates to music in the interview or about stuff that's long in the past.

by Anonymousreply 59August 20, 2019 7:38 PM

R52 Rolling Stone's Rob Sheffield, who did the interview, was apparently at one of his concerts in 2017 or 2018 and he tweeted like a fangirl afterwards. Guess he liked what he saw.

Harry seems to have this very weird talent to make all people like him, when they meet him. I have no idea what it is, but nearly everyone seems to be taken with him in person, even difficult journalists. I've never even heard Simon Cowell say something negative about him, not even when he left his label Syco for his solo career. I guess his odd ability to win people over also got him the Azoff connection.

by Anonymousreply 60August 20, 2019 8:00 PM

I can see that, r46. The chest tattoo has a lot to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 61August 20, 2019 8:00 PM

looking 37

by Anonymousreply 62August 20, 2019 8:02 PM

R57 And you think that it's not a change in narrative when first they were all about good boy Harry who was brought up so well and never participated in the rockstar life with lots of drugs and alcohol and now they're pushing the narrative of him taking drugs? Of course it's a change in narrative. I doubt he'll reveal that he's someone who regularly takes drugs or that he takes a lot of them because his 1D fans wouldn't like that. But they certainly are making him more "rockstar" by pulling out the cliché rockstar drugs narrative.

by Anonymousreply 63August 20, 2019 8:05 PM

"Nah, [R29], just the Harry Styles/spazz troll sock puppeting. Block him and the thread shrinks quite a bit."

And yet you choose to read and post on this thread R34.

SMH

by Anonymousreply 64August 20, 2019 8:08 PM

R63 Unless you have already read the interview, you just can't know if and how they "change the narrative". That's what I wrote:

[quote] Some people really jump the gun with that, already claiming Harry "changes the narrative" with this interview and we don't even know what they talk about.

There is one (1) word on that cover, "psychedelics", that makes you automatically assume it changes the whole narrative of who Harry is and what he does. That's the definition of jumping the gun. For all we know they might talk about psychedelic rock. Or they talk indeed about tripping on LSD. We just don't know, that's my point.

You also say "now they're pushing the narrative of him taking drugs?" and one sentence later "I doubt he'll reveal that he's someone who regularly takes drugs" which is somewhat contradicting. Either he takes drugs because he's a rock star™ or he doesn't take drugs because of the 1D fandom. It's kind of hard to do both and still see a "narrative" in that.

by Anonymousreply 65August 20, 2019 8:27 PM

[quote]There is one (1) word on that cover, "psychedelics", that makes you automatically assume it changes the whole narrative of who Harry is and what he does. That's the definition of jumping the gun. For all we know they might talk about psychedelic rock.

Psychedelic rock when the caption is "sex, psychedelicS and the secrets of stardom"? You think they could be talking about psychedelic rock? Please...

[quote]You also say "now they're pushing the narrative of him taking drugs?" and one sentence later "I doubt he'll reveal that he's someone who regularly takes drugs" which is somewhat contradicting. Either he takes drugs because he's a rock star™ or he doesn't take drugs because of the 1D fandom. It's kind of hard to do both and still see a "narrative" in that.

I'm not contradicting myself. I said that I didn't think they'd push the narrative of him doing hardcore drugs all the time because that would alienate the 1D fandom. But the 1D fandom wouldn't be alienated if he just talked about having taken drugs but not on a regular level. For his rockstar image the clean good-boy image they tried to market with the first interview didn't work well enough. So they're now pushing the image of a bit rougher Harry. Talking about doing drugs.I predict they'll describe his drug use not so hardcore that it would alienate the 1D fanbase but enough so that it would make him look more "rockstar" than sweet boyband member.

by Anonymousreply 66August 20, 2019 8:57 PM

I guess we will find out on September 3.

by Anonymousreply 67August 20, 2019 9:45 PM

R56 I meant the use of psychedelic drugs in psychedelic rock of the 60s and 70s. We know that Harry loves those bands and we know that they were all of their rocker and very much high back then. Therefore they could talk about the whole music genre and how drugs are a necessity for it or not. Theoretically Harry could say that he doesn't need that aspect for his type of rock music and therefore reinforce the clean boy image. Or (as I said) they could indeed talk about tripping on LSD and popping mdma not feeling their faces. Again: we don't know, so I don't get why people already have these convictions about image changes and all that. It's not even 2 weeks until we'll know for sure.

R67 That's a very sensible take. And I think the interview will be online even before September 3.

by Anonymousreply 68August 20, 2019 9:59 PM

R68 Whatever the article is about, releasing the cover picture has created quite a big deal.

by Anonymousreply 69August 20, 2019 10:11 PM

Harry dropped acid with Stevie.

Film at 11.

by Anonymousreply 70August 20, 2019 10:50 PM

His penis is above average.

by Anonymousreply 71August 20, 2019 10:52 PM

R31 The crow's feet are premature aging, even if he had them at 23. Some people just have skin that ages more quickly, especially if they don't use sunscreen. He's still cute, though.

by Anonymousreply 72August 20, 2019 11:22 PM

He looks like he could play a young The Joker.

by Anonymousreply 73August 20, 2019 11:24 PM

Oh COME ON, R48. Could you be a BIT more obvious! Blocking.

by Anonymousreply 74August 21, 2019 12:44 AM

R74 Blocking just doesn't seem to work. He/she always comes back. Again and again.

by Anonymousreply 75August 21, 2019 1:22 AM

Harry has a new haircut. He always looks gorgeous. I love his big green eyes and his jawline and full pink lips.

by Anonymousreply 76September 2, 2019 12:07 AM

R34 is the Welp Troll who thinks anyone who disagrees with her is a Russian bot. She loathes Harry and goes from thread to thread attacking him. She also used to be a Larrie and still thinks Louis Tomlinson is talented.

by Anonymousreply 77September 2, 2019 12:10 AM

New haircut

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78September 2, 2019 12:14 AM

R78, is that really him? He looks awful.

by Anonymousreply 79September 2, 2019 12:16 AM

We should probably limit discussions of his new haircut to one thread and not spread it over three threads...

by Anonymousreply 80September 2, 2019 12:22 AM

R80, yep. He looks fug, more like Louis Ratlinson than like Harry.

by Anonymousreply 81September 2, 2019 12:41 AM

I wonder if it's really a haircut or if it's just worn differently, maybe so he wouldn't be recognised as easily?

by Anonymousreply 82September 2, 2019 1:11 AM

R87, it looks thinner, shaped and layered. All the volume on top has gone.

by Anonymousreply 83September 2, 2019 1:24 AM

Fuggo.

by Anonymousreply 84September 2, 2019 1:26 AM

I saw him last year on Graham Norton Show promoting his single Sign Of The Times. I have to admit it's actually pretty good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85September 2, 2019 1:50 AM

R80 It was posted in the other thread first. Someone here is slow.

by Anonymousreply 86September 2, 2019 2:36 AM

Just ugh.

by Anonymousreply 87September 2, 2019 2:34 PM

R78 Which one is he, left or right?

by Anonymousreply 88September 2, 2019 2:41 PM

Every once in a while I'll see a picture of him smiling and think "cute", but no more than that. His appeal is almost nonexistent to me.

by Anonymousreply 89September 2, 2019 2:50 PM

Another recent sot of Harry in Italy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90September 2, 2019 2:57 PM

That posted before I was finished....meant to add, he has at least one blue nail and a MARY tattoo. He must be a DLer.

by Anonymousreply 91September 2, 2019 2:59 PM

That posted before I was finished....meant to add, he has at least one blue nail and a MARY tattoo. He must be a DLer.

by Anonymousreply 92September 2, 2019 2:59 PM

R90 His grandmother, who died a few years ago, was called Mary.

R89 I think most of the time he looks better in motion, that dimpled smile is indeed cute. In photos it really depends on the light and angles, he has a bit of a weird face. He is mostly known for his boyish charm and I wonder how his looks will develop now, that he is in his mid-20s and slowly leaving "boy territory" and entering "man territory".

by Anonymousreply 93September 2, 2019 5:00 PM

Agree, R93, he looks better animated and on video than in still pictures. He looks very good in tour videos, on stage. Niall in videos these days looks as if he's escaped from a pig sty.

by Anonymousreply 94September 3, 2019 12:57 AM

The Favorite Member of 1d thread is subscription only, so let's move here.

Louis' new song where he sings ' I don't know what I'd do without you now' reminds me so much of Oasis' Wonderwall, where LG sings 'I don't think anybody feels the way I do about you now'.

And we know Louis is obsessed with Liam Gallagher and often mentions him.

by Anonymousreply 95September 5, 2019 12:09 AM

Lyrically it's similar, but the melody - those few notes - remind me also of another song. I just can't put my finger to it...

by Anonymousreply 96September 5, 2019 12:25 AM

You kill my mind

Raise my body back to life

And I don't know what I'd do without you now

New lyrics, it's almost definitely about cocaine or crack or mdma.

by Anonymousreply 97September 5, 2019 12:59 AM

This is the beautiful picture he had the eyeliner on for.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98September 5, 2019 1:30 AM

It's possible. Could be his natural lashes and cranked up contrast on the photo as well (like the Rolling Stone cover, where people speculated if he's wearing a bit of eyeliner as well).

I wasn't so sure about the whole eyeliner thing anyway and thought it might have been just a little something (eyeliner or mascara) to boost his look for a photo, where it would look nearly unnoticeable. You know, just to make his green eyes pop a little, but not looking like he's wearing any makeup. But it was obvious that he kind of scrubbed his face after whatever photo shoot that was and even a little mascara looks like panda eyes if you don't remove it properly.

So people waiting for Harry to look like Yungblud (who I find supremely annoying) might be disappointed. On the other hand there's still the rumoured Another Man photo shoot waiting and of course the whole single and album cover/campaign.

by Anonymousreply 99September 5, 2019 1:48 AM

[quote] Agree, [R93], he looks better animated and on video than in still pictures

Maybe he should really be be animated, like, by Disney.

by Anonymousreply 100September 5, 2019 2:09 AM

Harry is such a versatile model compared to Louis, who for some reason has the same grim expression in all his photoshoots and selfies. Louis used to be a lot more comfortable in front of the camera in 1d. In his 1883 shoot he looks exactly the same in nearly every picture.

by Anonymousreply 101September 5, 2019 2:17 AM

R100 I'm not sure if Disney has much love for Harry these days, after he "respectfully declined" to play Prince Eric lol.

by Anonymousreply 102September 5, 2019 2:23 AM

I just saw a photo of one of Taylor Swift's old journals (I'm not a Taylor fan, so I didn't pay much attention to the whole journal thing) featuring an entry where she talks about being 22 - so it must be from 2012. Interestingly she mentions her love for Joni Mitchell and Joni's Blue album and that she specifically bought a dulcimer due to that album and learned how to play it. That's a fun coincidence, especially considering that Haylor happened in 2012. I guess it's entirely possible that Harry was first introduced to Joni Mitchell by Taylor, what a thought.

Anyway, she mentioned specifically "A Case of You" from Blue and it starts to really grow on me! I guess I was mostly sceptical because I didn't want to imagine Harry singing Joni-like songs on his new album. But in a Taylor Swift context I can appreciate the song much more on its own. Maybe it's also a factor that compared to Taylor's music Joni Mitchell is a goddess lol. Sometimes I wonder if Taylor will ever start to make quality songs in this vein once her pop moment is over.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103September 5, 2019 2:28 AM

This new photoshoot for The Face shows just how good he would have been as Prince Eric. But maybe he cut his hair to audition for a Jagger biopic.

by Anonymousreply 104September 5, 2019 2:28 AM

Harry has a new tattoo on his neck! Very tiny. It says CS/HS BGE.

by Anonymousreply 105September 5, 2019 2:45 AM

R104 My god the Face magazine has made a comeback, how am I just finding this out! It was my favorite in the 80s. Just found this, it looks like the first one comes out Friday. I hope it’s not just in the UK? Anyone know where it will be available in NYC?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106September 5, 2019 3:18 AM

R105 I'm pretty sure it's not a new tattoo, just edited in for the photo shoot. It HS (Harry Styles) and CS across for Collier Schorr (the photographer), then BQE for Brooklyn Queens Expressway in NYC where the photo shoot took place. Then 19 for 2019 (duh) and "The Way" - nobody knows what the latter means, if it's a hint for his upcoming music or an inside joke or whatever.

R106 Not sure where in NYC it might be available (although such a big city must have a place that sells foreign magazines somewhere, maybe Barnes & Noble?), but you can also order it online. Although I think including shipping it would be about 30 bucks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107September 5, 2019 3:31 AM

Well done for solving the 'tattoo' mystery, R107! Two big shoots in NYC. I hope he has one in London too.

The Face will be available in places that already sell British magazines, I guess. They aren't preleasing the Harry interview online, but the UAs will put it up tomorrow. Interested to hear what Elton has to say.

by Anonymousreply 108September 5, 2019 6:15 AM

What a smile!

He seems like he’d be a joy to be around, let alone marry.

by Anonymousreply 109September 5, 2019 6:34 AM

The album is finished and the lead single decided on according to the Face and Stevie Nick's had this to say: 'It's not like his last album," his friends Stevie Nicks says "It's not like anything One Direction ever did. It's pure Harry, as Harry would say. He's made a very different record and it's spectacular." So a different sound from the last album then which is interesting. I would personally hate a Joni Mitchell 'Blue' type album but lets see what he does.

by Anonymousreply 110September 5, 2019 8:23 AM

Apparently Liam Gallagher compared it to Bon Iver, so that does indeed point into a Joni Mitchell "Blue" direction.... I guess we'll see. It's also longer than the first album, with 15-16 songs (at least that's what he played for Stevie). So in my worst case scenario it will be 15-16 songs of sad folky/pseudo psychedelic snooze fest. In my best case scenario it's longer because there's a fairly diverse song selection, with some solid rock numbers, maybe a psychedelic rock song, a few soulful folk songs (they will almost certainly be there, because he has to use that dulcimer somewhere), maybe some bluesy stuff (that's my personal wish, even though there's absolutely no indication lol) and maybe a fun song that's good for concerts.

I realise that I might be totally reaching with this, because obviously Harry does what Harry wants to do, but I'm sure he will tour that album, so there have to be some songs on it that, you know, keep the audience awake during a live set, right? I mean, normally you'd plan an album that way. But as I said, he's fairly unpredictable sometimes.

I can't say I'm relaxed about what awaits us with his new album after that interview.

by Anonymousreply 111September 5, 2019 8:35 AM

I like Harry's looks, I can appreciate twink Harry and also aging more manly Harry, specially since we both have almost the same age so I pretty much grew up with 1D. Although I have to say I prefer long hair Harry he also needs to take care of his skin, british people are known to age terribly.

by Anonymousreply 112September 5, 2019 8:49 AM

Apart from the album talk the interview was okay, I think. In some parts stupid and - again - the music magazine hyperbole I don't like, in some parts it was stuff we already knew and in some parts interesting. Personally I found the way he described his Tokyo travels much more relatable than it was portrayed in the RS profile. More like just having a real vacation, getting away from stressing about things and indulging in things you love (books, films etc.) than weird loner vibes. I also found the quote about LA intriguing. I think it would have been interesting, if the writer would have asked what exactly he means.

More interesting than asking about his sexuality tbh, when it was clear that he won't give a clear answer on that (for the record: he still seemed like a mostly straight ally to me in that interview. It sounded to me like he never really thought about putting a label on his sexuality, maybe because there was never anything to question, and now he mainly wants people to feel welcome and good about themselves, no matter who/what/into whatever they are).

by Anonymousreply 113September 5, 2019 8:52 AM

R112 Yes, his long hair was amazing. Sadly I don't think it will come back anytime soon. But it's okay, 2014/2015 Harry will always hold a special place in my heart anyway (also because his long hair kind of marks the time I started to see him as hot and not just a little kid). And solo Harry with short hair isn't exactly unsightly either. In 2017 when he did his first promo round he was still a bit boyish at times, now at 25 he seems manlier, even though it's just 2 years. I'm definitely into it and I can't wait to see him in a televised interview or something like that, not just posed, retouched photos.

And yeah, every white person should take care of their skin, and while I appreciate the look of Harry's tan, he should be cautious with the sun. But in the new photo shoot his skin looks totally fine. I feel a lot of people were like "omg he's ageing" when they saw the Rolling Stone cover, but it's just because he's smiling and the contrast in that photo is high. He had those laugh lines even when he was 19, it's just the way his face muscles work. When he doesn't smile there are no "crow's feet" anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 114September 5, 2019 9:16 AM

'Very different' makes me worry that this might be Harry's Kid A. I was hoping for some straightforward but very good bangers like Clouds. I don't want 16 trippy songs or lots of Sweet Creature type tracks.

The journo described H as 'vague of sensibility' and really didn't get much out of him at all. In comparison to someone like Matty Healy, H comes across as a bit dull.

by Anonymousreply 115September 5, 2019 9:16 AM

R115 Clounds from 1D? I think any hope for a similar sound like some 1D songs is long gone imho. I doubt he'll ever go back to that sound, which I think was also a very collaborative effort between the boys and the songwriters like Julian Bunetta (meaning: I think the songwriters wrote most of the stuff according to wishes/input they got from the band) and Clouds wasn't even co-written by Harry.

As far as I know Kid A was a critically very acclaimed album and won a Grammy, right? I can't say that I don't wish that for him. Otherwise I can't say anything about Kid A, never listened to Radiohead.

But yeah, I don't want 16 same morose songs either. Trippy is fine, Sweet Creature is fine, but I hope he also gives us at least something like Woman, which isn't exactly a fast rock number, but it's still ... not Bon Iver. I low-key hope Liam has no idea what he's talking about, because Bon Iver is the epitome of same sounding songs to me. The problem is that it would probalby fit "sex and sadness" unfortunately. But still... Harry, give as at least Cigarettes After Sex instead of Bon Iver, ugh.

What I've heard of the 1975's music didn't resonate with me, so I don't know much about Matt Healy. In general Harry came across fine to me in this interview, not necessarily dull. Much better than in the Rolling Stone profile actually (which was technically less "dull" with the stupid shroom stories).

by Anonymousreply 116September 5, 2019 9:50 AM

I agree with you R115, the writer didn't really get much out of him. Didn't want to discuss his sexuality, changed the subject when asked about the Prince Eric role, I too would've liked him to eleborate on 'what I wanted from LA changed' when asked about relocating to London R113 ,didn't actually deal with the last quote the writer threw at him from Chrissie Hind, retold the Tokyo story ( and I suspect we will hear about it in every subsequent interview as well). He is 'vague' in general not just in sensibility. Persoanlly I'm a bit fed up of this 'my fans know what I stand for so I don't need to talk about it' stance he takes. Clearly no-body knows what he stands for otherwise there wouldn't be so many arguments about it even amongst his fans and he wouldn't keep getting asked about it in interviews.

by Anonymousreply 117September 5, 2019 10:11 AM

Personally I find it actually quite refreshing that he is vague. To me he is a musician first and foremost, not a spokesperson for anything. And I mean, about things where there is a stance to take, I feel his fans actually do know what he stands for. It's extremely clear that he's a supporter of the LGBT community (and nothing about his own sexuality could change that) as well as equality and feminist issues. As far as I've seen most of the arguments among his fans are about Larry or if his girlfriends "deserve" him and really stupid stuff like "he doesn't tweet enough". It's been proven that nothing anyone could say would deter the Larries, they live in a world of their own, some of his fans will always bash his girlfriends for inane reasons and make them "problematic", because they are both jealous and can't accept that people aren't perfect (I'm sure Harry isn't either) and I don't even want to talk about the twitter stuff. Like.. it's not his job? His job is to make music, not talk to the world about the weather in 140 characters. I feel some fans are especially pressed now, because they have seen that he shares some stuff with close friends and they aren't close friends. Tough luck.

What I'm trying to say is that him not being vague won't change a single thing among his fans, quite the contrary, they would probably fight to the death about every single word he utters.

I agree that I would have loved to hear more about the London/LA thing, however to me it felt more like the writer didn't ask more about it instead of Harry refusing to answer. It also feels a bit disjointed around the Chrissie Hynde quote, it seems like the interviewer immediately asked about Harry's scandalous experiences in the boy band after reciting the quote, focusing on the pool sex instead Harry's experience with the relationship between fame and the wish to just make good music. I think he would definitely have tried to answer the latter, but it's clear he wouldn't talk about pool sex. I mean, I'm the first person, who will buy a long awaited tell all book about One Direction, if any of the people, who actually know stories, should ever run out of money and write it. But until then none of the 1D guys would air dirty laundry or share salacious gossip, not even Zayn.

by Anonymousreply 118September 5, 2019 10:47 AM

Matty Healy spills all in interviews. His heroin addiction and recovery, his politics, snippets about what he's read, lots about the writing and recording process. He comes across as more clever, more intellectual, witty and self aware than Harry, as do his songs.

by Anonymousreply 119September 5, 2019 5:09 PM

Extract from Matty Healy's most recent interview with the NME, a week ago.

Don’t get arrested.

Those are the last words I say to Matty Healy on August 14, 2019, the day The 1975 play their first ever show in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, a city Healy describes, on the phone to NME from the ludicrously named Armani Hotel, as “a trip, man, like being at Waterside Shopping Centre for three days. Trafford Centre vibes. I mean, incredibly beautiful people but it’s like a fucking massive airport terminal. Anodyne is the word. Removed from the human experience.”

Dubai isn’t necessarily the kind of place you’d expect to find Matty Healy: committed hedonist and full-time stoner; wearer of an ever-changing array of threadbare vintage band T-shirts; reigning Greatest Frontman In Pop, and an outspoken champion of women, youth, the environment, minorities and the LGBTQ+ community. In Dubai, a place where women are discriminated against, adultery, premarital sex and alcohol consumption are punishable by flogging and it’s illegal to be gay, he is, essentially, in the belly of the beast.

Does Matty not have any reservations about playing places that are so opposed to his own ideologies?

“No, because there are definitely people here that are victims of those oppressive ideas, and I’m not a diplomat or a politician,” he says. “It’s like the Palestine/Israel thing – I would go and play both places. Not because I’m taking a side but because there are young people there who are not representative of the government, and I believe that in countries that may be war-torn or separated due to political ideologies, the only thing that unifies people is culture and art. It’s more my job than anybody’s to go places like this, you know.”

In Dubai, sadly, Healy is finding that religious ideology means some of his most ardent local fans – many of them teenage girls – won’t make it to the show tonight. “I’ve been meeting so many kids walking around and I’m like, Are you coming to the show? And they’re like, Oh, I can’t, my dad would not allow me, or my religion doesn’t allow it, and all that kind of thing. So that’s sad because I think that art is for everybody. But I understand that I’m quite a – I don’t know what I am – an outspoken… bisexual… I don’t know, whatever I am. So they’re probably not really into my vibe over here, the dads.”

“I would go to jail for what I stand for, you know – I feel like I’m in one of the only punk bands in the world,” says Matty. “I’m profoundly anti-religion and I always have been. I don’t agree with a dogmatic, pious adherence to scripture, because I believe that creates more pain for more people on a global level than it does solace for people on the individual level. I think it’s a selfish act. But I also understand that religion and culture are two very, very, very different things. So I understand the idea of if you say to somebody, I don’t know, ‘your religion is stupid’, it can for some people be the equivalent of somebody saying, ‘your face is ugly’, because it’s so deeply ingrained in who they are. I would never come over here and be disrespectful to people to make a point. But I’m never going to not stand up for women. I’m not going to not stand up for gay people. I’m not going to not stand up for minorities.'

Masses more at NME. He is just a lot more open, intelligent, articulate and engaging, and has the same background as Harry - left school at 16, middle class parents, Cheshire childhood. Harry often speaks in platitudes and seems wooly. I actually liked the shrooms confession because it made him more human.

by Anonymousreply 120September 5, 2019 5:31 PM

Harry fudging and hedging:

I get a lot of....I’m not always super-outspoken. But I think it’s very clear from choices that I make that I feel a certain way about lots of things. I don’t know how to describe it. I guess I’m not....I want everyone to feel welcome at shows & online...“

by Anonymousreply 121September 5, 2019 8:33 PM

Harry is famous for "ducking and diving" during interviews, that won't change.

by Anonymousreply 122September 5, 2019 11:31 PM

It's interesting that both interviewers chose to talk to two or three other people, almost as if they knew Harry wouldn't give them enough on his own. I am starting to become a bit frustrated by how little he gives away, especially as he gets older. He still couldn't even bring himself to discuss a release date. The Face journalist saying he was 'vague of sensibility' wasn't exactly a compliment.

Kid A was virtually unlistenable, but Harry hasn't come close to the amazing Radiohead albums which preceded it, Ok Computer and The Bends.

by Anonymousreply 123September 5, 2019 11:48 PM

R123 He uses so many words to say so very little. What's worse for me though is that so much of what he says sounds so pretentious: having Stevie Nick's on your couch to listen to your album and advise on track listings, reading Murakami in a cafe on his own for hours on his birthday, telephoning Alessandro Michele and to talk about what 'friends' talk about. Its hard to explain but its as though he craves validation to me. Presumably because he's come from a boyband. But its too much for me. I also wonder how much of what he does say is true and how much he says because it suits brand Harry Styles.

by Anonymousreply 124September 6, 2019 7:52 AM

I don't mind at all that Harry is very private and sometimes vague in his answers. Like R122 said, that's him and he's been like that for most of 1D as well (they just had to do way more press/PR and journalists asked more invasive questions). If someone prefers a Matt Healy's (or whoever else's) openness, that's fair, it's good that artists like that are out there, but they won't find it with Harry and I think it's unfair (sometimes even entitled) to demand that he changes in that regard. Why should he? I'd actually find it off-putting if he changes how he is as a person, just to appease a subset of fans, that's fan pandering. In the end every fan should choose the artist they like and if Harry's personality isn't what they like, that's okay, nobody forces them to be a fan.

Personally I even prefer my favourite artists to NOT be all out there. Sure, it's nice to get an insight how someone is as a person, but in the end it's about the music for me and not about knowing all the details of the person, who made it. In fact the latter might influence the way I listen to the music, which can go both ways. For me the Rolling Stone profile was already borderline TMI, that's why I actually prefer the The Face interview.

Maybe it's the difference between viewing someone as a musician or as a celebrity? I got to know Harry entirely through his solo music, didn't even properly know who he was when I listened to his album (and fell in love with it). Someone else might have known Harry Styles as celebrity/1D member before and fell in love with the quirky interviews and 1D sound, not even the Harry solo sound. I can understand why a personal insight is more important to them. But as I said, if it's mostly about the music, I don't really need that much personal insight. In my late teen years I was a huge fan of a band (or at least I think it's a band), that released three albums and to this day nobody even has a clue, who they really were. They had some acronyms as "names" and gave a handful of interviews, but it was clear that they were just spinning tales in them. They even changed the number of supposed members and their genders all the time lol. But it didn't matter, their music was amazing to me, I just didn't care who made it.

Compared to them Harry is basically an open book lol and I don't quite get why people demand to know so much about a musician, about his private life, that he stays in "contact" with them through social media and whatnot. It sounds to me like it's way more about them, this need to relate to a stranger, just because he's famous, than about Harry.

by Anonymousreply 125September 6, 2019 8:02 AM

No pits. No way.

by Anonymousreply 126September 6, 2019 8:04 AM

boring chav.

by Anonymousreply 127September 6, 2019 9:02 AM

R125 its not just him not wanting to discuss his private life though is it. That would be fine. In fact it would be fine if he gave no interviews at all and we were told absolutely nothing, except that his label wouldn't allow it. The problem for me is that he is using the vagueness around his sexuality as part of his marketing.... the is he or isn't he which the press seem to run in every article. He plays with that whilst being held up as some progressive LGBT icon. Now if at this point he is 100% straight imo he has been the biggest gay baiter of all time. I know you only became interested in him with the launch of his solo stuff but trust me Harry has been playing with this for years and I certainly don't have any sympathy that it's being brought up in pretty much all of his interviews.

by Anonymousreply 128September 6, 2019 9:20 AM

R128 But do you really think it's part of his marketing or isn't it just very obviously something the press brings up every time? During 1D they always asked the boys, who has a girlfriend. Always. And you could see how tired they were of this question. Because Harry has a sexually ambiguous style these days (like so many other artists btw, especially from the 70s), they don't ask anymore if he has a girlfriend, but if he's into boys too. In a way the curiosity about his sexuality, because he carries a purse or wears nail polish is somewhat 1950s to me, but okay.

I think the fans are overdoing the LGBT icon thing. Yes, he waves their flags, yes, he has always maintained the position that everyone should feel safe and welcome at his shows and as his fan. But like everything in the former 1D fandom the fans basically took that and ran with it, making everything he ever does about him being a LGBT icon, which I find overstated and tedious as well. I suspect that a part of that stems from former (or still) Larries, who felt validated. But I don't see how he makes himself the big LGBT icon if you don't just mean inclusive language or the way he dresses (in which case I think we should name Prince the biggest gay baiter of all time).

And does it really matter so much who he has sex with? You write, that it's not about wanting to discuss his private life - but how are sexual partners not private life? It's probably the most private thing.

by Anonymousreply 129September 6, 2019 9:50 AM

I don't really care about his sexuality. If he is bi, good for him. If he is not bi, then at least he enhanced visibility and acceptance for non-straights, so good as well. I don't get why someone would be upset about this.

by Anonymousreply 130September 6, 2019 10:09 AM

A podcast of H talking to Sheffield has emerged. H says he got tired of sharing vocals and the fans who still support One D are incensed.

by Anonymousreply 131September 7, 2019 7:03 AM

The "1D fans" (= mostly solo fans of the other guys or people desperately hoping for a reunion that won't happen in the next years, if ever) are always incensed. It's basically their job now. They know that Harry pushed for the hiatus and had plans to go solo and do movies. Why did they assume was that? What did they think was his reason to have a solo career? Obviously to write and sing his own music!

Zayn visibly hated being in a boy band and wanted to make RnB music (both quite understandable), so he left the band right in the middle of their world tour (which is a dick move). Harry visibly liked being in the boy band, but at some point he wanted to do his own thing, so he fulfilled his rumoured 5 year contract together with the others and they all got to do their own thing at the same time.

Harry didn't even say he was tired of sharing vocals for the hell of it, just that it was weird to share singing personal songs together with the others (according to Rob Sheffields quote):

[quote]When I was in the band, I realised every song that I sang - no matter on how personal it was, I was just going to sing a few lines of it, and other people would take over. I knew I would get to the point where I wanted to sing the whole song by myself.

For all we know the other boys might have felt exactly the same. In the end writing your songs and also singing them (and not just some verses) is hardly a crime, is it?

For whatever reason (it's quite curious) those "1D fans" are really trying very hard to find fault with anything Harry does or says, no matter how obvious or innocuous it is. Because let's be real, Harry is one of the most harmless celebrities out there, no major scandals, no highly problematic stances. And it's quite easy to avoid him, if you don't like him. He released his music in 2017, did a bit of promo, then went on tour until mid 2018 and then basically vanished from the public eye until now (except for inducting his friend Stevie Nicks into the RnR Hall of Fame and the Met Gala thing). There were no real interviews, no magazines, no red carpet shots of random parties/premieres/shop openings. Sometimes paparazzi caught him, but there were no orchestrated pap strolls, no parading of girlfriends, no PDA or publicity stunts.

But interestingly it doesn't seem to me that the people, who find so much fault with Harry, actually want to avoid him - quite the contrary, they are very eager to get every little bit of information about him. They obviously listened to a nearly hour long podcast about a magazine profile of a musician they don't like, just to find something to be enraged about. Imagine spending so much time and energy on someone you can't stand! Wild.

by Anonymousreply 132September 7, 2019 7:55 AM

The One Direction fans AKA Incest Survivors have taken over.

by Anonymousreply 133September 7, 2019 9:51 AM

[QUOTE] There were no real interviews, no magazines, no red carpet shots of random parties/premieres/shop openings. Sometimes paparazzi caught him, but there were no orchestrated pap strolls, no parading of girlfriends, no PDA or publicity stunts.

He leaves all this to desperate attention seeker and tabloid favourite Liam Payne, who seems to attend red carpet events every two weeks.

by Anonymousreply 134September 7, 2019 2:53 PM

[QUOTE] The One Direction fans AKA Incest Survivors have taken over.

What were you expecting on a thread about One Direction?

by Anonymousreply 135September 7, 2019 2:56 PM

Jesus, those tatts are ugly.

by Anonymousreply 136September 7, 2019 3:00 PM

R136, not as ugly as your flabby belly, double chin and coarse grey chest hair. 🤮

by Anonymousreply 137September 7, 2019 3:39 PM

R137, of course you love ugly tatts on an otherwise beautiful body, because you only like what's in fashion, even if it's ridiculous and deplorable. You probably did a lot of crystal meth back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 138September 7, 2019 5:07 PM

I find this shirtless photo of Harry a lot more flattering than that one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139September 7, 2019 5:09 PM

Harry's a good looking guy, the tats are not.

by Anonymousreply 140September 7, 2019 7:46 PM

Interesting that there are no more photos of the ugly haircut.

by Anonymousreply 141September 7, 2019 8:44 PM

Enty Lawyer blind item that people are guessing is about Harry:

“This foreign born A+ list boy bander takes medication to prevent from becoming HIV+.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142September 7, 2019 10:06 PM

So Harry Styles is a cumdump bottom?

by Anonymousreply 143September 7, 2019 10:56 PM

According to Chelsea Handler’s ass, Harry bottoms R143.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144September 7, 2019 11:05 PM

Posted by someone on LPSG last month.

[quote]Can’t believe people think he’s just been introduced to Grindr when we all know he’s been on it for years begging guys to breed him.

[quote]It’s called an anom fuck plus he uses like most hwood closet cases things called non-disclosures.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145September 7, 2019 11:11 PM

R143 Enty Lawyer is full of shit, this month he claimed that Paul Walker didn't die in his car crash, he just faked his own death, because some people side-eyed him for dating young girls. And Paul's daughter doesn't know that he's alive and well, living somewhere in anonymity. That's some next level Elvis lives on an island stupidity.

They have also made up a ton of "blind items" about Larry when 1D still existed. Too bad that at least Louis is straight and has a son by now. But back then they loved pandering to Larries. Now they pander to new people, but with the same methods. I don't know why anyone takes that site seriously.

Apart from that: if he's sleeping with men and taking care of his health, good for him. I don't get why that would even warrant a blind item.

R145 lol sure

by Anonymousreply 146September 8, 2019 1:11 AM

I see the Welp Troll is back on the thread, with her blind faith in homophobic CDAN items. That same site has said Zayn has been a heroin addict for years and that Louis' son isn't his own.

by Anonymousreply 147September 8, 2019 1:13 AM

FF R147

by Anonymousreply 148September 8, 2019 1:15 AM

[QUOTE] It’s called an anom fuck plus he uses like most hwood closet cases things called non-disclosures.

Non disclosures are only signed in exchange for working for the celeb, not hooking up with him. If he was on Grindr he would have been exposed long ago, like Zayn was when he slept with that groupie who took a pic of him asleep and sold it to the Sun.

by Anonymousreply 149September 8, 2019 1:18 AM

The Harry troll should be back in 3- 2- 1...

by Anonymousreply 150September 8, 2019 1:50 AM

The blocking feature is a wonderful tool, unlike the tools at R147 and R149.

by Anonymousreply 151September 8, 2019 2:24 AM

And the tool at R150

by Anonymousreply 152September 8, 2019 2:25 AM

Ugh, way too inky for my taste.

by Anonymousreply 153September 8, 2019 2:27 AM

Why would a very handsome, extremely rich guy in his mid 20s, who has plenty of contacts to gay and bi people in the music and fashion industry need to be on Grindr? Harry is friends with the creative director of Gucci, I'm sure he can set him up with plenty of male models (that can be trusted to keep their mouths shut) if he feels the need to be set up with anyone.

Nobody famous is on Grindr, unless they are crazy or drug addicts. And if someone claims they had contact with someone famous on Grindr, I have a very nice oceanfront property for sale.

by Anonymousreply 154September 8, 2019 3:25 AM

Jesus Christ. R147, R149 and R150, do you have any friends? Any hobbies? By blocking you I am able to see that you have posted dozens and dozens of times on Harry and 1D threads. Not to mention post after post after post on other threads. Sometimes one after another. Fucking weirdos.

by Anonymousreply 155September 8, 2019 3:35 AM

R155 Shut up.

by Anonymousreply 156September 8, 2019 5:14 AM

Agree, R154. Grindr hook ups cannot be expected to sign ndas. A gay kiss and tell about HS would be a big pay day for anybody. But of the five 1d boys, only careless stoner Zayn has ever had a kiss and tell.

The homophobic Harry hater loves referring to him and others as closet cases.

R150 = Welp Troll. Alway says ' 3 2 1'.

by Anonymousreply 157September 8, 2019 1:48 PM

Louis is going to cover one of the following tracks next Saturday at his Madrid gig. Which one do you think he'd be best suited to?

Mr Brightside - The Killers

I bet you look good on the dancefloor - Arctic Monkeys

My Number - Foals

Don't Look Back into The Sun - Libertines

The Sound - 1975

by Anonymousreply 158September 9, 2019 1:56 AM

Vote for Louis' song. They all seem too fast for him except the Libs and that's too high.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159September 9, 2019 2:26 AM

Vote for Louis' cover song here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160September 9, 2019 2:27 AM

R158 Good question! The only one I'd really rule out would be 1975's The Sound, because the mix of rock and electronic sounds is a core element of the song and I think Louis wants to go in a more "pure" 90s Britpop direction. During KMM promo he's stated repeatedly that while he likes the Steve Aoki and Bebe Rexha collabs, they didn't feel like him. I'm also not sure if the vocal range of The Sound is ideal for Louis.

But tbh I also can't see him covering Foals' My Number. I know nothing of the band or song, but with those layered vocals it might not be the handiest song to cover on a festival stage, idk.

Arctic Monkeys is a possibility, but the song is a bit deceptive, because the vocal range isn't big, but it relies a lot on delivery and diction and Alex Turner is very good at that. Would be interesting if Louis is up for that. On the other hand it would be a bit awkward after exactly that song was mentioned in the podcast where Rob Sheffield of Rolling Stone talked about Harry.

So I'd say either The Killers or the Libertines. I don't think the latter would be too high at all. However I think that Mr. Brightside is so on brand for Louis, that I'd bet money he'll cover that song.

(Personally all these songs sound super annoying to me. Just really not my style, but they I think it's great that Louis has finally found his sound and I think it's very fitting for his voice and style of singing.)

by Anonymousreply 161September 9, 2019 2:33 AM

R161, agree about Bet You Look Good On The DF diction. Turner sings it very fast, much faster than I've ever heard Louis sing. My Brightside is also sung fast and it needs to be belted out forcefully, which I'm not sure Louis is up for. Harry would be fine!

I think the Foals song would suit his voice best as it's mid range and not fast.

The Sound has these lyrics which I can't imagine Louis singing:

[QUOTE] There's so much skin to see

[QUOTE] Just a simple Epicurean philosophy

and

[QUOTE] And we left things to protect my mental health/But you still call me when you're bored and you're playing with yourself.

by Anonymousreply 162September 9, 2019 4:40 AM

Harry would sing this verse well:

It's not about reciprocation, it's just all about me

A sycophantic, prophetic, Socratic junkie wannabe

And there's so much skin to see

A simple Epicurean philosophy

Oh, and you say (You say) I'm such a cliché

I can't see the difference in it either way

And we left things to protect my mental health

But you'll call me when you're bored and you're playing with yourself

by Anonymousreply 163September 9, 2019 4:46 AM

Yikes. Those lyrics sound like they were written by an A Level philosophy student with way too much time on his hands.

by Anonymousreply 164September 9, 2019 5:17 AM

Matt Healy being pretentious? Surely not.

by Anonymousreply 165September 9, 2019 5:19 AM

Yeah, not really feeling those lyrics either...

by Anonymousreply 166September 9, 2019 5:27 AM

Better than:

Everything is great, everything is fucking great

Shit! Maybe I miss you.

by Anonymousreply 167September 9, 2019 6:28 AM

Harry is a musician first and foremost? Erm, is that a euphamism for an extremely manufactured product?

He gave White Stripes songs as DEMOS to a producer after all.

by Anonymousreply 168September 9, 2019 12:28 PM

Harry and is PR people are continuously telling us who he wants to be and not just going out and being who he is.

by Anonymousreply 169September 9, 2019 5:08 PM

I don't think anyone cares which song Louis covers. Kill My Mind hasn't even made it into the top 100 in the UK official chart update today so he's surely over so far as chart music is concerned. He seems to have a pretty close relationship with Cowell so he might get an album out, but it will crash and burn I'm afraid. Liam's new song which was supposed to be released by the end of August didn't happen and I think its been clear for a while that he is not getting any label support. I'm pretty sure he will dropped by them before he puts an album out. Anything Zayn decides to put out in the future will no doubt be a self release after Icarus Falls........ so then there were 2, Niall and Harry. From Niall' s social media it looks as though he might release new music before Harry so lets see what happens and whether anyone is still here for him.

by Anonymousreply 170September 9, 2019 5:29 PM

R168 He makes music and that's how he earns most of his money. So he is a musician, no matter if you like it or not.

Apart from that he never gave White Stripes songs as demos to his producer lol. His producer asked him in which direction his sound should go and he played some Jack White. Which is something a lot of artists do. Or do you really think that Louis didn't play his "influence playlist" and a lot of Oasis to his producer? I'm sure the fact that he did exactly that assured that he's now doing a sound he actually likes instead of what he's done with his previous songs, where obviously the producers and songwriters didn't have anything to go by and just did what they thought would be successful.

And no matter if you like Louis and his music or not, it's definitely better to not chart with a song you love than not chart with a song you hate. He might never be among the big pop stars out there, but if he can make the music he likes and maybe tour this music for his core fan base, I think that's fine. It's not like he needs the money, so for every 1D boy doing the stuff they like to do should be a priority. If not just having fun and doing what you love, what did they earn the money for?

by Anonymousreply 171September 9, 2019 5:34 PM

Louis may not have the most fans, but he has the most dedicated, by far.

by Anonymousreply 172September 9, 2019 5:41 PM

R169 If Harry was manufactured by PR people, why should they choose to portray him the way he is? He came away from 1D with a ton of hype and there were so many obvious routes he could have taken, that would have made him the biggest pop/rock star of our time. He could have made easy going indie pop rock, basically an edgier, adult version of the late 1D sound, kept the more conventional fashion to appeal to the masses, maintained his 1D image regarding his personality and continued to use social media to ensure fan support. Add to that a high profile relationship (like Zayn & Gigi, which was a big factor in his post 1D success imo) and the world would have LOVED it.

Instead he actually went back to things he already loved as a teenage boy. Even in 2013 he tweeted lyrics from 70s classics like Van Morrison's Tupelo Honey. It's pretty clear that whatever else he listens to, 70s (soft) rock and folk is his musical home. And I'm pretty sure this influence will be even more present in his upcoming album. It's also pretty clear that he wears whatever the fuck he wants to wear, because the last time I checked mustard corduroy flares weren't what most people would consider amazing. Personally I think they are hideous, just like his beloved baker boy's hat lol. He's basically an "aquired taste" fashion loving, Murakami reading, Japan travelling weirdo and music geek, who talks about some old music acts young people can hardly relate to, who doesn't use social media and is hardly seen anywhere when he's not working.

And then people go and say it's manufactured PR, when these days nearly everything else would be an easier sell.

by Anonymousreply 173September 9, 2019 5:58 PM

R173 Except no, he could never have been a rock star or an indie star because he has zero credibility. That's why his audience is still pretty much exclusively his section of the One Direction audience. I know you're now going to give me some anecdote about how the older people you work with all love his album or some shit, but that isn't borne out by the facts.

As for why they fucked up him going solo - nepotism. Jeff Azoff simply doesn't have the talent that his father does in this field. I suspect a large part of that is down to him being unable to tell Harry 'no'. So you have Harry with an over-inflated sense of ego going around thinking he's the next Jagger/Bowie/Elvis/Dean/whoever it is they're trying to liken him to this week, and no-one to actually make him do the real work or gain the authenticity needed to actually be like a real artist.

The very fact that he actually acts as if he's the first person to ever listen to the other songs on American Pie...that should tell you all you need to know about him and his authenticity.

by Anonymousreply 174September 9, 2019 9:35 PM

R174 The uber cool indie/rock crowd probably wouldn't have accepted him - either way. But honestly, they are a fairly small percentage of people to reach. If he'd gone for mass appeal (that's why I wrote pop rock) he would have bagged the radio audience, which is both way more uncomplicated and not that prejudiced. There are also way more people, who just want to hear a nice rock pop sound while driving around in the car, than avid vinyl collectors of hipster bands.

"That's why his audience is still pretty much exclusively his section of the One Direction audience." - That's funny, because it basically means I don't exist. I hardly knew anything about 1D and have never heard their music (which is still not my thing) before I accidentally came across Harry's music without knowing it's by Harry Styles. Maybe I'm the only person like that, I don't know.

I have no opinion on Jeff Azoff's ability, because I really don't know enough about music management. But so far his career seems to go alright (at least if you ask anyone, but the other 1D boys' fans). I've never heard or read Harry refer to himself as the next Jagger/Bowie/Elvis or James Dean. The latter is something Taylor Swift created afaik after she dated him and she's hardly his PR or management and has no connection to Jeff Azoff, who wasn't even in the picture back then. And the rest is such typical music journalism hyperbole, they call every other artist "the next XY", because they want those headlines. And the credibilty. The longtime readers of Rolling Stone might side-eye them for putting a boy band member on the cover, so the journalists love calling him a young Jagger/Bowie, because it gives them a justification to write about him (which they do, because his fans base guarantees sales). So they try to have both: appease their long-term readership and get the money from the 1D fans. Someone like Rob Sheffield has called Harry the next McCartney or whatever else even when he was still in 1D.

"make him do the real work or gain the authenticity needed to actually be like a real artist" - What would that be in your opinion?

Btw it's interesting to me that you seem to know basically every detail of Harry's career over the last few years (from obscure stuff Jeff Bhasker said years ago to the most recent bit from Rolling Stone) even though you don't like him at all. Fascinating. What's your motivation to follow him that closely?

by Anonymousreply 175September 9, 2019 10:17 PM

Jesus Christ,,,why do they have to call Harry the next anything. That's just ridiculous. It's getting annoying. Be yourself dude, stop trying to be someone else. That's why no one takes him seriously, geez.

R174 You're right, on all points.

by Anonymousreply 176September 9, 2019 10:26 PM

R174 I'm not sure it's Azoff not telling Harry no. Or, Harry not being able to say no to Azoff.

by Anonymousreply 177September 9, 2019 10:29 PM

R176 I agree, it's ridiculous, but it's hardly Harry's fault that the papers call him the next anything to sell their stuff or generate clicks.

by Anonymousreply 178September 9, 2019 10:33 PM

[QUOTE]Btw it's interesting to me that you seem to know basically every detail of Harry's career over the last few years (from obscure stuff Jeff Bhasker said years ago to the most recent bit from Rolling Stone) even though you don't like him at all. Fascinating. What's your motivation to follow him that closely?

Ugh, you're one of those types who thinks there's only one person who doesn't share your point of view. Well to be clear, I didn't post anything about Bhasker, so try again.

R177 That's a fair point.

R178 Most of the people saying the stuff are connected to Harry, if he really didn't like it he could easily shut it down. Instead he rewards perennial ass-kissers like Rob Sheffield with letting him do his RS profile.

by Anonymousreply 179September 9, 2019 10:40 PM

Rob Sheffield practically wets his pants talking about Harry. I enjoy Harry, but Sheffield is an ass kisser.

by Anonymousreply 180September 9, 2019 10:53 PM

"Apart from that he never gave White Stripes songs as demos to his producer lol. His producer asked him in which direction his sound should go and he played some Jack White. Which is something a lot of artists do. Or do you really think that Louis didn't play his "influence playlist" and a lot of Oasis to his producer? "

You have absolutely no idea what Louis did or didnt do. We know what Harry did.

"Do you have a sense of what he was listening to that inspired him to put a rock band together? Well, I’ll tell you a funny story: I said, “Do you have anything you want to play me?” Because usually people have some demos. And he said, “Yeah. I’ve got some references.” At some point the lines of communication got crossed and I thought he was playing me his demos. I thought, “This is phenomenal; I don’t know if I can top this. These demos are incredible! But it sounds a little like The White Stripes. Maybe you wanna tone it down.” I don’t know the White Stripes inside and out, but I knew enough to be thinking, this is just like them. Well it was The White Stripes, and I realized, “Oh, he’s playing me references.”

by Anonymousreply 181September 9, 2019 11:17 PM

R181 Not sure why you're quoting this, because it makes clear that - like I said - he played the White Stripes as references. Bhasker even quotes him as saying "I've got some references". It's just that Bhasker thought he would play demos, which was not the case, and you turned it into "Harry gave White Stripes as demos to his producer". You kind of disproved that with the quote, so thanks, I guess.

Apart from being a fun story it's also not that relevant, considering that nothing of that debut album sounds like White Stripes or even influenced by them, except maybe Kiwi. Harry always said that after 1D he had to find his own sound and it was part of the reason why he slinked off to Jamaica, so he could focus on his own sound, not what might be expected of him.

While we might not have any interviews with Louis's 75 different producers, it's perfectly normal to play references or name to certain artists with a sound you admire, especially when you are working with someone the first time. Niall asked his producer to "Adele the shit out of" his new ballad, Louis always cites Oasis and Arctic Monkeys as major influences and even booked the director of Liam Gallagher's documentary for his new music video. Maybe Harry played Joni Mitchell for Jeff Bhasker this time around. Everyone has influences and references, artists don't exist within a bubble.

by Anonymousreply 182September 9, 2019 11:39 PM

So, after all that time planning to go solo whilst with One Direction, he didn't write any demos in preparation? For all the talk of how personal an album his first solo album was, the fact that he had zero ideas for it until after getting together with the producer shows how that was all bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 183September 9, 2019 11:52 PM

He already had a whole song that actually landed on the album (Two Ghosts), and we know that he wrote some other stuff during 1D. But just because you write stuff, doesn't mean you've already found your voice as songwriter. It doesn't make the songs you write, when you've found your own sound any less personal? Quite the contrary, finding your own sound after trying out different things, that didn't feel quite right, is probably the most personal thing.

And as I said, Louis, despite having written the most songs in 1D, had to get together with 75 different producers and produce some songs that "weren't him" until he met Jamie Hartman and Sean Douglas and found his own voice and the style, that feels authentic to him.

by Anonymousreply 184September 10, 2019 12:02 AM

He hasn't found his own sound though, has he? All he's found are sounds that others have done which he stole to match the whole "he's the new XXX" story that Jeff is selling. Same with his looks. Nothing more than a musical magpie.

by Anonymousreply 185September 10, 2019 12:08 AM

That's your opinion and nothing I say will change it. That's okay, you don't have to listen to his music. But it seems like you perceive Harry Styles existing as a personal slight to you, for whatever convoluted reason.

Personally I think he has found his own sound and what was personal to him at the time of writing that album. And he makes really good music imo. Sure, he's inspired by other artists, like EVERY artist out there, but his album hardly sounds like it came in a time capsule from 1972. But it's still somewhat different from the usual pop/rock sound nowadays. I'm curious to see where his journey goes with the second album and how he developed as musician. I might be disappointed with the second album, such things happen, but it won't take away the fact that I think his first album is good music.

by Anonymousreply 186September 10, 2019 12:23 AM

I fell down a very bad hole. I'm sorry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187September 10, 2019 12:34 AM

[QUOTE]But it seems like you perceive Harry Styles existing as a personal slight to you, for whatever convoluted reason.

God, you're so pathetically thin-skinned. Someone disagrees with you about his music and you're creating some weird story about how I hate that he exists. What even is that? Some attempt to create a strawman so you can try and dismiss someone having a differing opinion? Ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 188September 10, 2019 12:40 AM

You can have all the different opinions that you want lol. I guess we are just very different people, because there are plenty of musicians out there, whose music I don't like or whose personality I find extremely tedious. However I usually don't seek out threads about them and go off about them there. It's of course hard to say what's you and what's other people venting their frustrations (so I'm sorry if there's a mix up), but even if it's not you alone it seems to me, that for some reason Harry attracts people, who can't stand him, but know a lot about him (more than some fans) and follow his every career move, which I find odd.

by Anonymousreply 189September 10, 2019 1:15 AM

Some people can discuss it like adults and some people can't. They take every negative comment as hate. It's childish.

by Anonymousreply 190September 10, 2019 1:28 AM

R189 is shocked, shocked!, to find pointless bitchery on Datalounge. There are plenty of fansites on the web for him, this ain't one of them, so maybe you better go find one of them to post on.

by Anonymousreply 191September 10, 2019 2:02 AM

[QUOTE] Harry is a musician first and foremost? Erm, is that a euphamism for an extremely manufactured product?

Nothing 'manufactured' about his solo career. I'm sure Columbia would have loved it if Harry had gone down the mainstream pop route like Shawn Mendes, but he took a risk and brought out an album of deeply unfashionable soft rock songs. He ditched the beloved 1d Harry with the skinnies and long hair and started rocking up in silk and sequins and glitter.

He's made 18m so far as a soloist, despite not selling out. Btw, it's 'euphemism', spelling champ.

by Anonymousreply 192September 10, 2019 5:26 AM

Harry didn't need to play demos to Bhasker. He was already the main vocalist on Made in the AM and Four, the final two, very successful 1d albums.

by Anonymousreply 193September 10, 2019 5:35 AM

R187, Perez Hilton always bashes ALL the 1d boys. On the same day he put that tiny clip up, he also posted a scathing reaction video to Louis' Kill My Mind, accusing him of ripping off Oasis.

Kill My Mind does rip off Oasis and 90s Brit pop, but what is more concerning is the lashings of autotune, so much that L's voice sounds completely different.

Louis' adoration of Liam Gallagher is sweet, but he must have been pissed off when Liam turned round and praised Harry's second album.

by Anonymousreply 194September 10, 2019 5:44 AM

When it comes to Louis' voice, I'd be concerned if they didn't use autotune.

by Anonymousreply 195September 10, 2019 6:44 AM

I finally found out, what the Kill My Mind guitar riffs during the verses remind me of - Bohemian Like You by the Dandy Warhols!

R194 I've seen one Louis fan say she felt it wasn't like his usual voice. And yeah, there's a bit of production going on (mostly layering, I think). I honestly think it doesn't sound bad at all and the song in general is catchy and probably also great for a live performance. I hope it really translates well in a live setting, I'm curious how his Madrid festival will be. I hope someone will record it.

R187 Perez Hilton always was and still is total trash, just fairly unsuccessful nowadays. The way he made ruining Mischa Barton his career back in the day says everything.

by Anonymousreply 196September 10, 2019 7:07 AM

Louis songs aren't bad, they aren't going to set the world on fire, but they are fine.

by Anonymousreply 197September 10, 2019 7:17 AM

Unlike Harry, Louis hasn't won many new fans, and a lot of his weird Larrie fans flounced off when Louis kept being pictured with Eleanor, all over the world. His latest single looks set to chart around the 80s in the UK, at best.

by Anonymousreply 198September 10, 2019 12:26 PM

Is Rolling Stone still a thing?

by Anonymousreply 199September 10, 2019 1:55 PM

R199 No

by Anonymousreply 200September 10, 2019 5:08 PM

[quote] Boring chav

MTE and I gotta say I thought these guys' popularity was mainly due to young girls who have no taste in music and buy whatever boyish, 'cute' face on a stick body is marketed to them next. 1D was just some guys who tried out for a talent show who were put together by Simon Cowell, right? Why are all you grown-ass men falling for the marketing and keeping these guys' careers alive long after their shelf life is over? They're all mediocrities. And they're all relatively fug. Nobody over 17 with a penis should ever have heard of them. They deserve to fade into complete obscurity. When I first heard one of their songs on the radio, I wanted to kill myself.

We know that 5 or 6 massive conglomerates own all media now. We know what this has done to the dissemination of news and information. But it has also killed music. The labels, radio stations, TV networks, movie studios and streaming services are all owned by the same companies and they're selling you garbage.

by Anonymousreply 201September 10, 2019 7:55 PM

[QUOTE]Why are all you grown-ass men falling for the marketing and keeping these guys' careers alive long after their shelf life is over?

They aren't men. This site has long been infested with women who pretend to be men on here for some reason. It's the same in the Timothee Chalamet and Shawn Mendes threads, and I'm sure others. And then they wonder why Muriel shoves those threads behind a paywall.

by Anonymousreply 202September 10, 2019 8:29 PM

R201 What you say isn't wrong, but that boy band doesn't exist anymore since end of 2015. They have grown up and make their own music now, which thankfully doesn't sound like One Direction and some people like it. It's not that surprising, Justin Timberlake and Robbie Williams went on to have careers too. And fug is in the eye of the beholder, a while ago everyone here wanted to have a bite of Liam Payne's naked ass.

The music industry is of course garbage and has been so for a while. If you want to boycott that you basically can't listen to any big pop artist out there, including gay icons like Madonna or Lady Gaga.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203September 10, 2019 9:13 PM

R202 lol sure... because it's unfathomable that gays would be interested in a bunch of hot mid 20s guys, who produce a bop every now and then. But go on and believe I'm a frau if it helps you sleep better.

by Anonymousreply 204September 10, 2019 9:17 PM

[QUOTE] a bunch of hot mid 20s guys

I thought we were talking about One Direction

by Anonymousreply 205September 10, 2019 9:20 PM

[quote] a bunch of hot mid 20s guys

There are literally hotter young guys bagging groceries at Vintage Grocers in the Trancas Country Market on any Saturday afternoon.

by Anonymousreply 206September 10, 2019 9:57 PM

I'm a closet boy band geek, there, I admitted it. Way before One Direction. I like pop music.

JMO I think One Direction will age better than most of them

by Anonymousreply 207September 11, 2019 1:19 AM

One can love pop music and still not like 1D. There's great pop music and there's not-great pop music.

by Anonymousreply 208September 11, 2019 3:24 AM

Kill My Mind, Louis' Oasis tribute, crashed out of the itunes top 200 today.

by Anonymousreply 209September 11, 2019 6:56 AM

Damn, I feel bad for him... I mean, it's clear that KMM isn't current pop material, but still. Maybe one of his other songs will do better. He released the set list for Madrid - 4 new songs, KMM, Two of Us, Mr. Brightside (yes, I was right!) and two One Direction songs (Little Black Dress and Steal My Girl). I've seen fans upset about the choice of 1D songs, but I think they're actually quite solid for him. I feel like some people just want him to sing their favourite 1D songs, without keeping in mind that those songs were written for and sung by 4-5 different people with different voice ranges and strengths. For example I've never heard Louis sing falsetto, but I think quite a few 1D songs have falsetto in Liam's and sometimes Harry's parts. And then there are also Zayn's parts.

Speaking of Liam, his new single will be out on 18th September. It's a collab with some rapper and I suspect it will be similar to Strip That Down. Not my style of music, but could sell well. He was always quite successful with his single collaborations until his EP tanked.

I'm starting to wonder when Harry will drop his single tbh. I was sure it will be in September, which would mean those clowns all release their music within a month lol. I guess 21 September would be a good date for him? Although that would mean directly competing with Liam. It's gonna be a mess anyway.

by Anonymousreply 210September 11, 2019 8:48 AM

(with mess I meant the chart and fan situation, not Liam's or Harry's songs - before anyone comes for me)

by Anonymousreply 211September 11, 2019 8:49 AM

[QUOTE] d be a good date for him? Although that would mean directly competing with Liam. It's gonna be a mess

I hope H does go up against Liam so it becomes clear that H is much more popular. Liam got Ed Sheeran to write Stack it Up, just like he write Strip That Down. Liam has cycled through hip hop, pop, Latino and electrodance and is now back at hip hop.

by Anonymousreply 212September 11, 2019 11:19 AM

I don't know the hip hop guy Liam's collaborating with, so no idea if this guy is someone popular. Liam's singles (like most of Zayn's singles) often benefitted from the fact that he worked with popular people or for popular films.

by Anonymousreply 213September 11, 2019 11:25 AM

Damn, we were right about shady Lukey Storey, the 33 year old dealer. Fizzy died of a massive coke, Xanax and Oxy overdose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214September 11, 2019 11:34 AM

It's such a tragedy, she was so young (and extremely pretty). Meeting that scumbag junkie boyfriend of hers wasn't something that should have happened to her after she lost her mum so young. Although according to the dailymail she did coke with her old school friend the night before she died, so probably all around bad circle of friends. Apparently Louis repeatedly tried to get her to doctors and into rehab, but she left early there and had a relapse. Trying to save your sibling and still not being able to... fucking tragic. Nobody should have to deal with that.

by Anonymousreply 215September 11, 2019 11:44 AM

Not surprising, but quite sad. RIP Fizzy.

Fear for the younger and youngest twins. Hope they find a more stable path.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216September 11, 2019 12:54 PM

R216, the 15 year old twins, even prettier than Fizzy, are merching away on IG every few days. 600k followers each already, and signed to a talent agency.

Fiz actually posted from the rehab in Egypt and we all assumed it was a posh hotel and she was on vacation. In reality, Louis' money was funding an uber luxury rehab where all guests have their own spacious villa and there is a huge pool - and plenty of hot sun between Oct-Dec, when she was there. The rehab belongs to a company based in London.

by Anonymousreply 217September 11, 2019 2:39 PM

Louis does have some terrible luck. A few days after his single about his mother's death came out, his sister died.

Last Thursday, he put out an anthem about how much fun it is to take drugs and party and get wasted, and we learn Fiz's death wasn't from natural causes but from an overdose of Xanax, Oxycodone and cocaine.

I'm pretty sure the first two were what killed her, a lethal combination. She probably got to hyped up on coke, then couldn't sleep, so kept on knocking back the opiates and benzos. Coke impairs the short term memory, so maybe she forgot how many she'd taken.

by Anonymousreply 218September 11, 2019 2:45 PM

No pictures of Harry's new hair.

by Anonymousreply 219September 12, 2019 3:02 PM

ikr? This guy goes to Ed Sheeran's wedding bash and a popular play in London and nobody has the presence of mind to snap a quick picture for the people, who want to know if it's really as awful as it looked like in Italy lol. Maybe he realised the error of his ways and it will be back to normal once promo for his new music starts. Let's hope so.

by Anonymousreply 220September 12, 2019 3:28 PM

His hair grows very quickly so it will be back to normal soon enough.

by Anonymousreply 221September 12, 2019 6:51 PM

Louis in a new interview promoting new music told the interviewer that him and the other 1D members would pull a prank on Niall by making up rumors about who he fucked.

by Anonymousreply 222September 12, 2019 7:01 PM

The optics of Louis releasing a song and music video about the delights of drug experimentation are terrible, plus bragging on the radio that he was so off his face at Glastonbury that everything was 'blurry'. Louis should be speaking out and raising money for addiction support charities, not making it clear to the world that he loves drugs too.

Louis was a bully in 1d and liked being spiteful to Niall (and Harry, until he fought back and probably flattened Louis mid 2012). There are clips of him slapping Niall and twisting his nipple.

by Anonymousreply 223September 12, 2019 7:23 PM

[QUOTE]The optics of Louis releasing a song and music video about the delights of drug experimentation are terrible, plus bragging on the radio that he was so off his face at Glastonbury that everything was 'blurry'.

Chav's gonna chav

by Anonymousreply 224September 12, 2019 7:30 PM

I think Louis has totally compartmentalised the drug issue - basically "fun" and relaxing drugs and then the heavy shit his sister was on. I guess they all have this type of compartmentalisation going on, because I don't doubt for a second that they have all taken all kinds of drugs (even Niall). And while they haven't lost someone as close, they must be fully aware of what drugs can do. I'm sure they all knew Fizzy and Niall is/was friends with Demi Lovato and Harry knew Peaches Geldof (and is still friends with her sister). But they still write songs like Kill My Mind or Medicine (and Carolina, although that's more of a hidden reference) and probably do coke from time to time like basically everyone else in the entertainment industry. I think in that regard they are all a bunch of idiots.

by Anonymousreply 225September 12, 2019 8:24 PM

It seems our complaining summoned a fan picture of Harry, but alas, his hair is covered by a snapback. Useless! ;)

by Anonymousreply 226September 12, 2019 9:06 PM

If his album was done in January, why the wait?

by Anonymousreply 227September 12, 2019 11:37 PM

It needed to be mixed and mastered.

by Anonymousreply 228September 12, 2019 11:38 PM

It needed to be mixed and mastered.

by Anonymousreply 229September 12, 2019 11:38 PM

It doesnt really take 7 months.

by Anonymousreply 230September 12, 2019 11:44 PM

R226 His hair looks pretty normal in the photo.

by Anonymousreply 231September 13, 2019 12:20 AM

R227 & R229 I'm pretty sure he meant writing the songs was finished in January, not recording the album as such. We know that he was still recording at RAK studios in March, where he met Liam Gallagher, who gave us the nice "he's a fucking nice lad, he's not a giddy cunt" quote lol. And when he did the Rolling Stone thing (which was in early June) he was still working in LA, recording backing vocals and strings, which surely happens before any mixing and mastering. He played a version of the album for Stevie Nicks in mid to late June, although we don't know it was some kind of "raw version" or the finished product. He probably spent July coordinating the single release and promo and shot the music videos in August. At one of the music video sets was an illustrator, so they might have done some kind of visual artwork or possible merch design as well. I'm sure there's still a ton to do (radio promo coordination, tour dates etc.), so I don't think there's any hold-up actually.

by Anonymousreply 232September 13, 2019 12:30 AM

R231 Hard to say with the cap, but yeah... let's hope for the best.

by Anonymousreply 233September 13, 2019 12:36 AM

R233 The reason I mentioned that it looked normal is that he seems to have a lot of hair to pull back with that hat, and we can see a bit of it. In the bad haircut photo, he wouldn't have had much hair to pull back with the hat. JMO

by Anonymousreply 234September 13, 2019 12:43 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235September 13, 2019 1:15 AM

I'm afraid he probably smells as bad as he looks.

by Anonymousreply 236September 13, 2019 1:30 AM

Harry really lost his looks at warp speed. Between the lines, ever widening nose and hairline issues, not to mention the ill fitting and fug clothing, it is a lot to contend with...

by Anonymousreply 237September 13, 2019 3:52 AM

Articles noted he looked old and tired as far back as 2015

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238September 13, 2019 3:55 AM

I think his looks held on past 2015.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239September 13, 2019 4:26 AM

R237 is the Welp Troll and she's been saying that Harry has lost his looks for years. Fortunately, the world's number one luxury brand disagrees, as does his ever growing army of fans.

Louis' video is out but you can barely see him through heavy red lighting. Another Oasis type song is teased at the end.

by Anonymousreply 240September 13, 2019 10:29 AM

Harry's widow peak enhances his attractiveness.

by Anonymousreply 241September 13, 2019 12:48 PM

Few share that sentiment, R241. Glad it works for you. You might want to check out Alex Turner if that is what gets you going. Far better music as well, either with AM or TLSP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242September 13, 2019 1:31 PM

[QUOTE] Few share that sentiment, [R241]. Glad it works for you. You might want to check out Alex Turner if that is what gets you going. Far better music as well, either with AM or TLSP.

800k people who love Harry's looks went to see him on tour last year, Welpy. Sad that your fave Zayn's career is over because he wasn't motivated enough to get therapy for his anxiety.

Also, a widow's peak is when the hairline has ONE peak in an arrow shape in the centre of the forehead, and Harry doesn't have that. His hairline has been the same since 2013.

Alex Turner had some good tunes years ago but was never good looking with that huge nose and beady eyes.

by Anonymousreply 243September 13, 2019 3:54 PM

It's almost as if different people can have different opinions over whether someone is attractive or not.

by Anonymousreply 244September 13, 2019 5:47 PM

R243 Not like they would be going for the music.

by Anonymousreply 245September 13, 2019 11:40 PM

ok, so Harry is fugly, but he only has his massive fan base due to his (fugly) looks, not his music. Makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 246September 14, 2019 12:35 AM

New picture with fan and we can see the new hair. Apparently he really cut it, but it's grown back a bit (and isn't brushed forward anymore, thankfully) and looks really good now. It's a bit of a mid-90s Hugh Grant style and I'm on board.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247September 14, 2019 12:39 AM

R246 He gained his fanbase when he was attractive, and they then stuck around. What's so hard to believe about that? It's the only reason Louis still has a (much smaller) fanbase. Once these fangirls are in, they're basically in forever.

by Anonymousreply 248September 14, 2019 12:40 AM

Oh drop it. Styles is gross.

by Anonymousreply 249September 14, 2019 12:46 AM

R249 Feel free to skip over this thread.

by Anonymousreply 250September 14, 2019 1:29 AM

R242 Why in the hell would anyone want to look at a dude that looks like Grandpa on the Munsters ? Get lost.

by Anonymousreply 251September 14, 2019 1:34 AM

A middle parting is a cool idea, as his hair will grow either side into a cute, curly fringe, as it was styled in The Face photoshoot. Kind of 80s!

by Anonymousreply 252September 14, 2019 9:11 AM

R250, this weird character who used to be a Larrie has been trying to wreck Harry's threads here for years. Just block any references to H being ugly. The troll can't forgive him for breaking up 1d.

Poor Louis' new song didn't chart in the Top 100 in the UK, or US. Video on only 670k views after 24 hours. Miley's and Ariana's new one got 21m in the same time period.

by Anonymousreply 253September 14, 2019 9:28 AM

Louis' band rehearsing new track Defenceless - without him! His lead guitarist is singing and has a much stronger voice than Louis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254September 14, 2019 10:12 AM

I think it would have been better if Louis had waited for the actual music video and not released the lyric video beforehand. It looks much better (I really didn't like the aesthetics of the lyric video) and the views wouldn't be split between the two videos. But I guess it's a common thing to release a music only video or a lyric video and then the actual music video? I don't know that much about pop music, but I've seen that Camila Cabello has done it too with her new song Liar. Does someone know why the record labels do that, when the music video is already finished? Although I think Camila is with Syco as well, so I don't know if this is label specific.

I never expected Louis to be able to compete with Ariana/Miley/Lana. They are three of the biggest pop artists out there right now with big individual fan bases and they've done a collaboration, so it's a guaranteed success, no matter how boring the song (and it is fairly boring - Lana's part is the best one). I don't think any of the 1D members could have competed against them. But what are normal "views" for the first 24 hours, if it's a song that's expected to chart in the top 40? Or something like for example a Florence + the Machine song? (= something that's not straight up pop, but with a certain broad appeal)

I'm curious about Louis's new songs tonight.

by Anonymousreply 255September 14, 2019 10:16 AM

KMM is the first of Louis' songs that I've actually liked, but his fandom seems to have shrunk even more following all the cute vacay PDA with El. I saw Larries saying they were bringing rainbow flags to Madrid - good luck with that.

I think 2m views in the first 24 hrs would be good, but the song charted outside the top 100 in the UK/US.

by Anonymousreply 256September 14, 2019 10:23 AM

R254 Oh, thanks! Haven't seen it yet, the short snippet sounds quite good. That lead guitarist is Michael Blackwell, I think. He's really good and plays also for Lewis Capaldi and Rhodes afaik.

R256 I see, thanks. Yeah, 2 million sound like a fairly good number. Do you really think Eleanor is the reason his fandom shrunk? Wow, crazy. But yeah, I've also seen some fervent hate towards Eleanor from non-Larries, because those people still believe he's an unwillingly closeted gay and Freddie is fake. In 2019.

by Anonymousreply 257September 14, 2019 10:39 AM

R257, I find is so strange that even ex or non Larries still often think he's gay and closeted. The so called Rad Louies all do, and all blame Sony for prioritising Harry's career and neglecting Louis'.

by Anonymousreply 258September 14, 2019 1:08 PM

R258 Ugh, the rad Louies... Their Sony conspiracy theories are the worst. Because they're like this "connected the dots" meme. There is a somewhat basic knowledge of the music industry floating around (amidst a ton of rumours and bad examples), but their conclusions are whacky.

I mean, the assumption that Syco only signed Louis to sabotage and humiliate him at every turn, because every boyband MUST adhere to the narrative that only one can make it (and the chosen one was Harry from the first day of One Direction)... who invented this? It's not even a good conspiracy theory, there are way too many plot holes. Nobody can explain how making Louis the loser would improve Harry's career. Or why they would still try to make that crackpot narrative of the "one successful boy band member" happen, when it's obviously not a thing with Niall and Liam are out there, signed with other record labels and making their way in the music industry. Or why poor Louis, who is worth 55 million, has nearly a decade of experience in the music industry and reportedly was the outspoken one in 1D, who went toe to toe with management and label to ensure 1D went into the right direction (that's something the rads love to emphasise) - why would someone like that sign a contract that forces him to meekly endure being closeted, miserable, having a beard he can't stand and a child that's not his (that's the craziest thing - like.. how would they explain it to the child?) and not have good conditions for his future records. Or why he wouldn't try his damndest (with the best lawyers money can buy) to get out of such a horrible scenario.

I'm not even saying that everything is fine with Louis and his label - I have no idea how things are between him and Syco/Arista. Or his management. Maybe there were some creative differences from the beginning, maybe Louis had to deal with his family tragedy first and foremost and now things are a bit difficult, because he lost the post-1D momentum and Syco has other priority artists now (like Camila Cabello). Nobody knows. The only thing I know is that the rad theories have more plot holes than a sieve.

I guess most of them are ex-Larries, that's why they kept so many of their conspiracy theories (gay/beard situation, fake Freddie, the evil management/record label trope), but realised after 1D that obviously Harry & Louis aren't a couple, because they haven't even been in the same room for nearly 3 years. That had to be supremely disappointing for them, so they chose a side, in their case the "perpetual underdog" (great identification potential) and shifted all their disappointment and blame on Harry.

by Anonymousreply 259September 14, 2019 3:07 PM

R247 Those are some pimpin' rings Harry has on.

R259 TLDR

by Anonymousreply 260September 14, 2019 5:49 PM

Let's move on from the conspiracy theories. It's old, very old news. They all have new music and projects we can argue about.

by Anonymousreply 261September 14, 2019 10:23 PM

I'd honestly love to. But since social media basically exploded with Larry and rad Louies today, after Louis sang his new songs in Madrid, it's hard to ignore. It seems 90 % of Louis's fans are convinced all his new songs are about Harry, which either makes them happy or spitting mad because Harry broke his heart and deserves to die.

I really really hope Harry's new album is amazing, because otherwise the former 1D fan base just isn't worth dealing with. It's like a mass psychosis.

by Anonymousreply 262September 14, 2019 11:22 PM

On a more positive note: the new songs seem quite good and fitting, I think he finally found his sound. Too Young and Defenceless sound a bit Ed Sheeran/Mumford & Sons, but it fits well with the rest of his music and was a good live set imo. I also think he had some vocal coaching since 1D, where he struggled with his voice cracking at times. He'll probably never be someone with perfect pitch control in a live setting and there have been some off key notes, but taken as a whole it was a solid show.

by Anonymousreply 263September 14, 2019 11:43 PM

R262 Why are you reading fan girl social media ? That wasn't posted on mainstream media.

by Anonymousreply 264September 15, 2019 12:03 AM

Sometimes I wonder if the Harry Styles/spazz troll gets paid by the word, R260? Many if not most on this board have him blocked, highly recommend.

by Anonymousreply 265September 15, 2019 12:10 AM

R264 You're right, I really shouldn't. But I was curious about Louis's new songs, so I was watching the fans' videos from Madrid on social media and seeing the comments was inevitable.

by Anonymousreply 266September 15, 2019 12:21 AM

Surprisingly, his songs aren’t actually that bad.

It’s really funny seeing Larries lose their mind over the Princess Park lyrics.

by Anonymousreply 267September 15, 2019 2:15 AM

Louis singing Mr Brightside with plenty of autotune and not much stage energy. It really was amateur hour in Madrid last night. Louis had planted some good vocalists in his band but he really isn't convincing as a lead singer. Made me long for Live Harry, who kills it every time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268September 15, 2019 2:37 AM

He really didn't sing Kill My Mind live well either.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269September 15, 2019 2:40 AM

Cleared your cookies, eh?

by Anonymousreply 270September 15, 2019 3:26 AM

R266 I think Louis and Liam did well over the weekend in Madrid.

by Anonymousreply 271September 15, 2019 3:41 AM

The set the fan girls on fire.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272September 15, 2019 3:46 AM

R265 is the absurd Welp Troll who thinks people here are paid to post by PR teams. He is much hated and is blocked by the majority.

by Anonymousreply 273September 15, 2019 3:50 AM

The Larries don't know what to make of a line in one of the songs - 'I haven't seen your face for two years.' Of course, this fits in with Louis' two year split from Eleanor.

The resident Larrie at R265 thinks El is a beard.

by Anonymousreply 274September 15, 2019 3:53 AM

Wasn't some of those crazy fans a factor in why Louis relationship with that American actress came to an end?

by Anonymousreply 275September 15, 2019 4:53 AM

R275, no. He ended the relationship with Danielle Campbell so that he could get back together with his ex, Eleanor. It's cute that he loves his non celeb gf so much. R265 will think to the end of time that El is a beard. S/he prefers their creepy fantasies about Gay! Louis to the straighforward reality.

by Anonymousreply 276September 15, 2019 9:29 AM

Harry Styles is gorgeous. Beautiful bone structure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277September 16, 2019 12:56 AM

HOW TO DETECT A WELP TROLL POST (i.e. R265)

Always addresses another poster in their first sentence

Always spells 'spaz', 'spazz'

Always tells posters to block another poster because 'everyone else has him blocked'

Always says Harry is 'ugly now' or looks like 'a grandad'/has 'hairline issues'/has threads on 'male hairloss sites'

Accuses others of being paid PR shills and Russian bots in a warehouse run by Sony - 'even brands of paint have a social media manager', 'how's the weather in Siberia'

Zayn fan who thinks he should play festivals

Low key Larrie who thinks all the 1d guys except Niall are gay and bearding. Thinks Louis' son and Liam's son are fake kids. Calls Cheryl Cole, Gigi Hadid and Kendall Jenner 'bull dykes'.

Racist who hates Meghan Markle and slags her off every day on the BRF threads

Homophobe who calls Harry Styles a 'closet case'.

Should you block the Welp Troll? Nope, he is far too entertaining. Just wait for his response to this and see if you can tick off any of the above.

by Anonymousreply 278September 16, 2019 1:08 AM

You do realise that your posts just make you the 'Welp Troll' Troll, right?

by Anonymousreply 279September 16, 2019 1:26 AM

R279, I don't do any of the things the Welp Troll does. I'm a big fan of Harry Styles and very sceptical about conspiracy theorists like Larries or Danja Zone. I like Meghan Markle and don't mock closeted people or try to out them. I don't accuse other posters of being shills or bots either - just one poster, R265, of being the Welp Troll, after observing his behaviour on here for years and years.

Anyway, more hoeing from Liam Porn Payne to come!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280September 16, 2019 1:44 AM

Goodness! He’s only 25 and has crows feet like that???😮

by Anonymousreply 281September 16, 2019 1:47 AM

R281, most people with nice wide mouths have lines beside their eyes when they smile broadly. If they don't it probably means they have a small mouth.

by Anonymousreply 282September 16, 2019 1:57 AM

Why does Louis always look so damn miserable in every photoshoot he does? The same pose, over and over.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283September 16, 2019 2:01 AM

Louis has a new gravity and sadness and beauty that reminds me a little of Joy Division's singer, Ian Curtis. Similar colouring and facial bone structure, too. You can tell Louis has suffered. Different from the carefree 1d Louis.

by Anonymousreply 284September 16, 2019 2:10 AM

IAN CURTIS LOUIS

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285September 16, 2019 2:12 AM

R280 But you keep trolling threads saying "XXX is the Welp Troll" - there's a reason I typed Troll twice. Once per thread is more than enough, anyone who cares will block the person. But already in this thread alone you've done it six times. Give it a rest, you sound obsessed.

by Anonymousreply 286September 16, 2019 2:24 AM

Heavy smoker is my guess, R281. But, yeah.

by Anonymousreply 287September 16, 2019 2:25 AM

R283 You'd be miserable too if most of your fans were only your fans because they think you're secretly gay and in a relationship with a former bandmate.

Also, no doubt trying to pretend he's a serious musician or some shit.

by Anonymousreply 288September 16, 2019 2:28 AM

R287, you know he doesn't smoke, let alone heavily. You've followed him since he was 18. He's the only one out of 1d who has NEVER smoked. He smiles a lot, though.

by Anonymousreply 289September 16, 2019 2:48 AM

Why does the Harry hater at R287 even bother with this thread? What attracts you to things that you loathe? You are the same on the Meghan Markle threads. Just bitching, bitching, bitching your life away. No love for anyone or anything. Disgusting. Of course you are a known troll.

by Anonymousreply 290September 16, 2019 2:51 AM

And the Harry spazz has ruined another thread.

by Anonymousreply 291September 16, 2019 2:53 AM

Meh, but clearly I'm in the minority.

by Anonymousreply 292September 16, 2019 2:56 AM

[QUOTE]Just bitching, bitching, bitching your life away

[QUOTE]DataLounge - Gay Celebrity Gossip, Gay Politics, Gay News and Pointless Bitchery since 1995.

You're on the wrong site.

by Anonymousreply 293September 16, 2019 3:04 AM

I spotted the Welp Troll using the checklist! He's at R291 and probably R292, as he always says welp/yikes/meh/eh/um/. And of course, coming to Harry's thread to bitch about him.

Louis looking anguished yesterday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294September 16, 2019 3:05 AM

Not really, R292, he aged fast.

by Anonymousreply 295September 16, 2019 3:13 AM

R293, I knew you'd say that. Standard cliche. But some people come here to discuss people they actually like and find interesting, as well as those they don't. You come here exclusively to bitch about a 25 year old bisexual singer and a young mixed race woman. Your homophobia and racism pings to high heaven, to use one of your favourite phrases.

by Anonymousreply 296September 16, 2019 3:15 AM

Guys, the Harry haters are trying to make the thread move too fast and get it paywalled. Here's a new lone for when it is closed, which will be soon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297September 16, 2019 3:20 AM

[R294] I'm not the troll. Just a random commenter. Meh is a pretty common word. I dislike trolls.

by Anonymousreply 298September 16, 2019 3:20 AM

R296 If you're unable to tell I'm a different person from your supposed Welp Troll, then I have to cast doubt on your detection skills on the other seven times you've alleged someone else is.

And if you want to take the moral high ground about coming here to like things rather than be bitchy - why have you posted bitchy comments about the topics of other threads, like Timothee Chalamet? And why are you so obsessed with your Welp Troll? If you find constant bitching to be such a waste of life - what does that say about your own behaviour?

by Anonymousreply 299September 16, 2019 3:23 AM

This Liam song was slept on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300September 16, 2019 3:23 AM

R299, it's healthier to bitch and to like things as well. You are actually a fan of bland insomniac cure Niall and like to post that he 'did everything right.'

by Anonymousreply 301September 16, 2019 4:23 AM

If you don't want to be mistaken for the Welp Troll, spell 'spaz' correctly.

by Anonymousreply 302September 16, 2019 4:26 AM

R301 Once again, you're accusing me of being someone I'm not. Given that everyone reading this can easily check what I posted for themselves, you do realise how stupid these false accusations make you look, right?

by Anonymousreply 303September 16, 2019 4:31 AM

R303, you are the Chalamet fan who thinks HS is unattractive.

The actual Welp Troll is at R265. Lots of Markle hate and accusations of shilling/'Spazz Troll' in their posting history.

by Anonymousreply 304September 16, 2019 4:44 AM

Haha, half-wrong again, in that I do think Styles is unattractive, but not a fan of Chalamet. I actually can't believe you keep fucking this up for yourself. Maybe you should stick to overly long posts about how great Harry is, rather than trying to make random guesses about other posters? It's clear you can only handle one fiction at a time.

by Anonymousreply 305September 16, 2019 4:53 AM

R300 Not really slept on, it's his 4th most streamed song. I just have the feeling that despite being streamed a lot, most of his songs apart from Strip That Down and maybe the 50 Shades soundtrack aren't actually that well known/recognisable? It's just an impression though, as it's not really my genre and I don't listen to radio. What do you think?

I've read a lot about streaming recently, because I think it's very interesting how it changes the music industry, our music consumption and also how artists (have to) approach songwriting and album sales. I think Billie Eilish's manager explained in a Rolling Stone article, that the record labels love streaming numbers, but they can be confusing as they don't always say everything about the actual core fanbase. The core fanbase is important for an artist, because they are the ones, who buy the albums (especially physical copies), which bring more revenue than streams, and they sit down to listen to the music and don't just have some playlist running in the background. Those people will buy tour tickets and merchandise, where the real money lies, and they will stay with the artist through the years, even if they do less promo. Streamers on the other hand might be more casual listeners and therefore a bit more fleeting.

Sorry, that's a bit off topic, but as I said, I find it quite interesting.

by Anonymousreply 306September 16, 2019 6:17 AM

If the Harry troll hates everyone here as much as he/she says, why doesn't he/she/it leave? And, if the troll hates the other 1D guys as much as it says, why follow every move they make?

Every thread gets shut down so I doubt anyone will follow you to a new thread to see you talk to yourself.

by Anonymousreply 307September 16, 2019 6:26 AM

R305 I really like his voice and would also like it if he looked like Lewis Capaldi (who has a great voice as well).

by Anonymousreply 308September 16, 2019 6:27 AM

Well said, R308. So many shallow hoes here bashing his looks. How fugly can a guy who was asked to play a Disney Prince actually be?

by Anonymousreply 309September 16, 2019 9:29 AM

New thread for when Muriel shutters this one behind a pay wall, thanks to trolls squabbling about their posting history.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310September 16, 2019 9:32 AM

Louis' new song Defenceless reactivated thousands of dormant Larries who overwhelmed his mentions with comments about Harry. Louis got so sick of it that he made an appointment to answer fans' questions under his KMM video. Hopefully, he'll set the Larries straight at 5pm tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 311September 16, 2019 10:19 PM

It won't r311

by Anonymousreply 312September 16, 2019 10:37 PM

R311 He won't, his record label put "Larry" and "Larry Stylinson" in the search keywords of his KMM video. They are obviously courting now any potential fans, no matter how delusional. I hope he's fine with that, because obviously in the past the Larry bs was a sore point for him, especially considering how they harassed his family and girlfriend. He has spoken up against it several times, to no avail, so if he can now at least make money off them, good for him, I guess. They really deserve to be fleeced. I hope the Larries spend all their hard-earned money on his album and tour, which in turn will finance a lavish wedding to Eleanor and college funds for their kids lol.

And dear Larries, I'm happy you'll also buy Harry's new album and stream his music videos all the time in your search for "clues" of a "response" to Louis's songs. In fact, I think you should buy the album multiple times, just to make sure. And tour tickets. And merchandise. Maybe there's a Larry hint inside the tags of his sweaters. Or in the sleeve of his limited edition vinyls. You can never be sure, better buy everything.

by Anonymousreply 313September 16, 2019 10:55 PM

There aren't any Larries here, lets drop that.

by Anonymousreply 314September 16, 2019 11:51 PM

Larries will always be a discussion point on any 1d thread, but I've noticed before that someone here is very sensitive about it, and gets angry when Larries are criticised.

'Princess Park' is the new Larrie battle cry. They ignore the fact that Syco rented flats for ALL the boys there. Harry was only 16, so he moved in with Louis, who at 19 counted in UK law as a guardian.

by Anonymousreply 315September 17, 2019 7:50 AM

Just imagining the meltdown if Harry were to post something to the effect that he and Louis had been fucking for years.

by Anonymousreply 316September 17, 2019 8:05 PM

Louis might shoot him.

by Anonymousreply 317September 18, 2019 2:22 AM

Louis' team are so desperate for views on his latest flop single that they tagged it #Larry and #LarryStylinson. It failed to chart in the UK Top 100.

Liam has the most basic song ever out, all about how he needs more money.

by Anonymousreply 318September 18, 2019 8:26 AM

That might free us from the presence of the Harry Styles/spazz troll, R16, but other than that, would anyone really care? Does it matter at this point? Yeah, if they were fucking as teens and it came out when the act was big, huge gossip wise. But now?

Harry had a messed up childhood and has grown into an eccentric adult who attends Camp Google and who has lost his looks. His music is lame and he seems done with acting. What is the allure? Next!

Louis has had a life marked by terrible tragedy. I imagine he will always have a low key career in the UK. But, eh, who cares all that much?

Zain is a junkie who has squandered his voice. Would be nice if he turns it around some day but is seeming unlikely.

Naill will likely continue to have low key success with a country pop sound.

Liam has a nice bod, what else matters?

They will probably reunite in middle age. Maybe go on tour with some other boy band. Until then, except for our zealous and likely compensated troll, meh.

by Anonymousreply 319September 18, 2019 1:26 PM

Meant R316

by Anonymousreply 320September 18, 2019 1:27 PM

[QUOTE] Harry had a messed up childhood and has grown into an eccentric adult who attends Camp Google and who has lost his looks. His music is lame and he seems done with acting. What is the allure? Next!

Sad that your own childhood experiences were so negative that you think Harry was messed up just because his parents divorced. He himself says his childhood was happy. He lived in affluent Cheshire, vacationed abroad, adored Anne's husband, Robin, and had plenty of friends.

Are you going to write off every celeb and politician who attends Google Camp, whilst simultaneously lionising spoilt aristocrats like Kate Middleton and Camilla Parker Bowles over on the BRF threads? Pretty hypocritical of you.

Harry looks better than he did as a teen, but I guess spotty adolescents are more your thing. You certainly enjoy defending pedo Prince Andrew. I don't think the world's number 1 luxury brand would have a plain guy fronting their new fragrance campaign. Harry's beautiful face has been on 50 foot billboards across the world all year, for four different Gucci campaigns.

What else? Done with acting? Highly unlikely, at the age of 25. He snagged Prince Eric and was in the final two for Elvis. Only a matter of time before he stars in a big movie.

His second album is due out soon and will do at least as well as the last one. It's good to see that you've finally become disenchanted with Zayn.

by Anonymousreply 321September 18, 2019 1:59 PM

[QUOTE] Until then, except for our zealous and likely compensated troll, meh.

Vintage Welp Troll! The accusation of being a paid PR shill and the 'meh'. Plus, spells 'spaz' wrong yet again.

by Anonymousreply 322September 18, 2019 2:06 PM

YASSSS QUEENS AND FRAUEN

LIAM PORN IS HERE, PUBES AND ALL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323September 18, 2019 7:12 PM

Yay, Liam! lol... I don't know what it is, because his body is really really good, he's never looked better! But this picture just cracks me up, I can't help it. Maybe it's his face or the pose, but omg

by Anonymousreply 324September 18, 2019 7:24 PM

He looks very queenly, as if he's inviting you into his room at a bathhouse.

by Anonymousreply 325September 18, 2019 7:25 PM

Is somebody blowing Liam under the curtain?

by Anonymousreply 326September 18, 2019 7:26 PM

He's baaaaacckkk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327September 18, 2019 7:29 PM

R327 ... is that a moustache?

by Anonymousreply 328September 18, 2019 7:34 PM

R328. Sort of.

by Anonymousreply 329September 18, 2019 7:49 PM

Oh dear... Harry, my boy, you're a handsome guy, what are you doing? First the Italy hair, now the sort of moustache.... A bit of stubble? Great, fine. But it looks like he shaved everything except the stache.

In other news: the woman in his car was Jennifer Mallory, executive vice president and general manager of Columbia records. Our sartorially challenged boy seems to be hard at work, I guess new music is imminent (unsurprisingly).

by Anonymousreply 330September 18, 2019 8:09 PM

If he grows a full heavy moustache he'll lose so many fans. It doesn't suit him, but he likes copying Brandon Flowers.

by Anonymousreply 331September 18, 2019 8:13 PM

New boyfriend ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332September 18, 2019 8:27 PM

R332 Who knows... People assume he is basically with every person he walks next to. If he is, good for him, looks like a cute twink.

R331 I think Brandon Flowers had a slightly different stache situation going on, with the soul patch and all. Maybe he's going for Robin Williams in Birdcage lol.

I mean... I'm actually not opposed to moustaches on certain men. I have fond childhood memories of reruns of Magnum PI. And I think Henry Cavill looked quite fetching with the stache. But I really don't think it's a good look for Harry, especially not at 25.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333September 18, 2019 8:34 PM

R333 Perfect !

(Maybe he's going for Robin Williams in Birdcage lol.)

by Anonymousreply 334September 18, 2019 8:46 PM

Harry's facial hair grows unevenly and doesn't suit him. Ten or twenty years ago, it would never have seen the light of day.

by Anonymousreply 335September 19, 2019 12:49 PM

R335 Personally I think it depends. For some looks I think he should shave the facial hair, but for example in The Face he looked fine with the stubble. Or in the picture below. But I'm not at all behind a moustache alone look and it seems like that in the recent pap pics (but maybe it's just the light)

Ten to twenty years ago? Idk we had bands like Crazy Town at the time and let's rather not talk about their hair and beard situation lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336September 19, 2019 7:28 PM

What's left of Liam's fanbase didn't manage to get Stack it Up any higher on itunes than 39 in the UK before it started dropping ( they managed to get Louis into the top 10 before it went into freefall). So it looks as though Liam's song will go the same way as Louis' which didn't make it into any chart worldwide and not even into the UK official top 100 ( to not get into the top 100 means that its sales and streams combined were significantly less than 6000 copies in the Uk which is what the number 70 single in the chart had by way of sales) I have a bad feeling Louis' fans are only there for the conspiracy theories not for his music and I think Liam has simply lost his 1d fanbase altogether and the general public just see him as cringe ( not sure these latest pis are going to help him in this regard). Is Liam's label really going to support an album release off the back of a flop EP and 2 flop singles? I personally think both Kill my Mind ,which is a poor Liam Gallagher impersonation and Stack it Up, an Ed Sheeran cast off are both dire and have got what they deserve but Niall is next up with a single so will be interesting to see how it does.

by Anonymousreply 337September 19, 2019 7:40 PM

I'm surprised about that. STD was very successful and SIU is a very similar song (again with Ed Sheeran as co-writer). In fact it sounds like STD had a child with Selena Gomez' Same Old Love and Camila Cabello's Havana. Despite the idiotic lyrics (sorry, and Liam even had to talk about them in interviews lol) it's a bop, I can imagine it on the radio or something like that. This reminds me: in Liam's interview with Capital FM Roman Kemp mentioned that he always hears STD when he's at the airport and oh my... I'm not sure it was intentional, but honestly, he made it sound like STD is just one step above elevator music. Airport music. Ouch.

Anyway, I expected SIU to fare better, at least better than Louis's song. Louis has a strong core 1D fan base (mostly due to Larries and other crazies, but still), but I'm not sure how he's received outside of that. I thought Liam has probably less of a core 1D fan base, but more appeal for the general public. His music fits the current top 40 well, he is "hot" and works with Hugo Boss. I wonder if the song would have fared better if they would have released it at the beginning of summer. Liam mentioned that it was pushed back. Although this summer was all about Shawmila and Lil Nas X anyway.

Maybe SIU more of a slow burner, Liam is doing a ton of promo, so maybe chart positions will still improve... ?

by Anonymousreply 338September 19, 2019 11:03 PM

'I personally think both Kill my Mind ,which is a poor Liam Gallagher impersonation and Stack it Up, an Ed Sheeran cast off are both dire and have got what they deserve but Niall is next up with a single so will be interesting to see how it does.'

Agree! Liam has become a tabloid fool over the past year or so with this Naomi business and that picture showing his ass. He just isn't cool at all. Polaroid and Familiar were both better singles than this trash, and charted at 12 and 14 respectively in the UK charts, so this is a big drop for him. Two of US peaked at 61 in the UK, so KMM is a big drop for Louis too. Their careers really are hanging in the balance now, esp with rumours that Simon Cowell is retiring as he comes up to his 60th birthday. He always favoured Louis and his successor might not be so indulgent.

I don't think Niall will do all that much better. Maybe he'll get into the top 40 but his 2018 singles with Julia Michaels and for the Smallfoot theme tune didn't chart anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 339September 19, 2019 11:17 PM

Moustache gate was a false alarm, thankfully. There are new fan photos from LA and apparently he just has his (by now) usual stubble.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340September 19, 2019 11:20 PM

Hopefully he won't be able to grow a full moustache. It just doesn't suit him.

by Anonymousreply 341September 19, 2019 11:31 PM

I find it somewhat concerning that both Louis and Liam fell behind expectations with their singles when it comes to charts. They've both done (and continue to do so) quite a bit of promo with radio stations and magazines - Louis's interview with GQ UK was released today - but it seems that they have to mostly rely on whatever is left of the 1D fanbase. Online the 1D fanbase still seems to be huge and maybe they are, but it's not enough for the chart competition? Or they are just ... very loud online, but fail to actually buy or stream the music?

I wonder what this will mean for the success of Harry's and Niall's upcoming music. I think that Harry still has the best chance of repeating the success of his first album, because so far he's the only 1D member (apart from Zayn), where I've read or heard people saying they became fans after 1D and didn't know or like him beforehand. But I'm not sure if that's enough, if the former 1D fanbase is crumbling. I also don't expect him to write another Sign of the Times, because that was a really amazing song. Instead we don't really know what his new album will sound like, except dulcimery.

by Anonymousreply 342September 19, 2019 11:43 PM

That RS cover pic...crow’s feet already, girl?

by Anonymousreply 343September 19, 2019 11:45 PM

Another new photo... boy, he's got pretty eyes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344September 20, 2019 12:11 AM

^^ grey at the temples much?

by Anonymousreply 345September 20, 2019 12:47 AM

Nice limbal rings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346September 20, 2019 12:50 AM

So many missing posts, perhaps our resident troll is hoping for a 4th quarter bonus?

Had not heard either single, R337, but after your astute review, will pass.

Hope Niall comes out with something listenable. Any word of Zain these days?

by Anonymousreply 347September 20, 2019 12:50 AM

R345 It's just the light, his hair looks like always in the other photos.

R347 Zayn was seen in New York by some fans recently (with a blond buzzcut), so there's proof of life. He looked quite well actually, took some photos. And his 17 year old (I think pregnant?) sister got married the other day. Some tabloids wrote about it and it seems that Zayn didn't come to the wedding in the UK, which is a bit strange. It doesn't look like he's so buried in work these days, that he can't come to his own sister's wedding unless he does something we don't know about. But I don't think there's even any official new management for him, after his manager dropped him earlier this year, because he was allegedly verbally abusive to staff.

by Anonymousreply 348September 20, 2019 1:09 AM

Smile lines that are only visible when smiling aren't crows feet and that isn't grey hair, just lighter brown.

I think Niall is in for a wake up call. His last two singles didn't chart so will this one? Harry's sold out arenas meant he played to 800k people worldwide so hopefully his album will sell well.

by Anonymousreply 349September 20, 2019 1:36 AM

[QUOTE] So many missing posts, perhaps our resident troll is hoping for a 4th quarter bonus?

Welp Troll, stop accusing people of being PR shills. You sound absolutely ridiculous. Nobody gives a fuck about Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 350September 20, 2019 1:44 AM

R348, Safaa was pregnant! Such a pretty girl, with Zayn's good looks and really unusual dark blue eyes. Maybe Zayn's drug addiction has got so bad that he can no longer fly long haul in case he goes into withdrawal half way across the Atlantic.

by Anonymousreply 351September 20, 2019 1:47 AM

So Harry is taking PrEP and has had surgery on his ass, guess the fisting stories are true.

by Anonymousreply 352September 20, 2019 1:51 AM

R352, this is a gay board - why are you being homophobic?

That was a blind item and everyone underneath was guessing the much older Ricky Martin. Why would Harry need Prep to sleep with girls? It's extremely unlikely that he's bottoming his way round LA and London.

by Anonymousreply 353September 20, 2019 2:14 AM

R352, this is a gay board - why are you being homophobic?

That was a blind item and everyone underneath was guessing the much older Ricky Martin. Why would Harry need Prep to sleep with girls? It's extremely unlikely that he's bottoming his way round LA and London.

by Anonymousreply 354September 20, 2019 2:14 AM

What was remotely homophobic about R352's post?

As a reminder, Datalounge is a forum for gay gossip, politics and pointless bitchery. Why are you behaving like a censorious harridan?

by Anonymousreply 355September 20, 2019 2:35 AM

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER This foreign born former A+ list boy bander takes medication to prevent him from becoming HIV+. Harry Styles ("One Direction") (Harry Styles Got a Haircut and No One Is Okay)

by Anonymousreply 356September 20, 2019 2:36 AM

Enty Lawyer is very well known for making up absolutely ludicrous stuff. They have had numerous blind items about Larry back in the day, because they knew that especially gullible people love that and recently there was a blind item on that site saying that Paul Walker didn't die in the car crash, instead he faked his death to escape scrutiny for dating younger women.

Apart from that if this (fictional) boy bander, no matter if Harry or Louis or whoever else takes medication to prevent getting HIV, more power to them!

R355 The blind items were both homophobic, because one implied that taking prep is in some way scandalous and therefore worthy of a blind item and the other one was basically stating that this "boy bander" had to have his asshole fixed (reconstructive surgery) because he was hoeing around with different men. Enty lawyer basically says gay sex is scandalous, taboo and physically damaging.

by Anonymousreply 357September 20, 2019 2:47 AM

Wow Harry, you get really upset about being a whore. Stop being a whore if you don't like being called a whore, you whore!

by Anonymousreply 358September 20, 2019 2:50 AM

I learn something new everyday. This foreign born former A+ list boy bander recently had anal botox and an anal rejuvenation.

Harry styles POSTED BY ENT LAWYER

by Anonymousreply 359September 20, 2019 3:08 AM

At least his hair almost back to normal.

by Anonymousreply 360September 20, 2019 3:39 AM

Does he take Propecia too?

by Anonymousreply 361September 20, 2019 4:54 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362September 20, 2019 5:09 AM

R362 That's the day he was wearing bowling shoes.

by Anonymousreply 363September 20, 2019 6:53 AM

Well said, R357. Enty Lawyer also maintains that Zayn is a hopeless heroin addict, and that Louis is gay and bearding. It panders to all the big internet ships and definitely skews homophobic. You don't see blinds about women having vaginal rejuvenation procedures and being stereotyped as whores.

by Anonymousreply 364September 20, 2019 10:54 AM

GQ had the temerity to ask Louis about El and Freddie. They tweeted the article and Larries went nuts in their mentions. This post collates all their hysteria.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365September 20, 2019 1:12 PM

The title says it all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366September 20, 2019 4:11 PM

Oh please R364 Enty shits over everyone, but most especially closet case arse holes. I live in London and trust me when I say Harry gets around. He's also very messy and according to some of my FB's stinks and I mean stinks like he doesn't bathe.

by Anonymousreply 367September 20, 2019 4:36 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368September 20, 2019 6:09 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369September 20, 2019 6:09 PM

R365 The comments on the GQ article sum up what I said in an earlier post. It really does seem that 90% of Louis' 'fanbase' are really only interested in the conspricy theories and despite what they profess on twitter have no interest in his music. The UK official chart was published today and Louis is still not in the top 100 despite what I would say has been really good promo organised by his team. Thats 2 full chart weeks since release and imo KMM s now dead in the water. I know everyone says the 'Larries' wouldn't listen (and I suspect Louis and his team have tried to keep them on side given that he needs to maintain his fanbase) but if they are not buying or streaming his songs in any event isn't it about time he came down on them like a ton of bricks once and for all?

by Anonymousreply 370September 20, 2019 6:52 PM

[QUOTE]That was a blind item and everyone underneath was guessing the much older Ricky Martin

Well that'd be because they're idiotic Trump supporters who want to pretend Puerto Rico isn't part of the United States

by Anonymousreply 371September 20, 2019 7:01 PM

R365 They also went nuts that the interviewer mentioned Louis smoked three cigarettes during the interview and it took place in Simon Cowell's office. Everything seems to trigger them, but of course nothing as much as mentioning his long-term girlfriend and son. They are so crazy, at this point I think his fans are actually damaging his career. They whine all the time that Louis doesn't get enough chances and is held back by his evil management/label (the big ol' conspiracy), but then he gets a nice long interview with GQ, one of the major magazines in the UK and they shit all over their social media. I guess GQ will think twice before they interview him again.

The other boys' fans are often completely nuts too, but it's never as bad as with Louis. His fans are in love with the narrative that everyone is against their baby and they have to defend him, which results in antagonising news outlets, his management, his record labels, his PR... basically everyone. I'm not sure if the woman from Arista, who tried to reason with some of Louis's fans on twitter, has already given up, but they came for her like furies, because they're convinced she's extremely bad at her job. And of course some bored fraus on twitter, who have no clue about the music industry, would do a better job lol.

by Anonymousreply 372September 20, 2019 7:02 PM

R372 But he does encourage them to do that, doesn't he? I've seen a few tweets of his acting as though he's unhappy with or fighting with his management/label, and he knows what his fans will do in response to those kind of tweets. I think he knows he basically has to give into them and feed the narrative they've created, as otherwise he simply won't have an audience.

by Anonymousreply 373September 20, 2019 7:06 PM

R370 I think the problem is that most of his fans are so removed from reality, that I can't imagine what he could say to actually make them realise they are and always were wrong. Every denial is met with "management forced him to say that, poor baby is in an iron closet and he signals us that he needs help, because he wore a green shirt the other day". I mean, they even deny that his son exists or is actually his son.

But even if he manages to end the Larry ship and the other tinhats (rad Louies are often even worse than Larries) once and for all with something... what would be left? Now he might not chart, but he might be able to do a theatre tour and play his music, which I'm sure is something he really wants. If they don't buy the tickets, I'm not sure if the amount of normal fans would be enough tbh.

Maybe in time the crazies will leave, for example if he marries Eleanor and/or has kids with her. But it will be more of a gradual thing than an sudden end once and for all. And who knows, by then there might be a temporary 1D reunion or something like that (maybe a collab just between two members), which could attract some of the old 1D fans, who aren't conspiracy theorists.

by Anonymousreply 374September 20, 2019 7:11 PM

R373 yes, I think you are right that he has to pander to the fans a bit, making them feel important, which is of course a fine line he's navigating there. And I actually do think that there were some problems behind the scenes in the past, but he changed his management and US label, so clearly he's capable of dealing with whatever was the matter and choosing the professionals he wants to work with.

by Anonymousreply 375September 20, 2019 7:15 PM

I raised the question but yes I can see that he probably need stop keep them onside if he wants any career in music at all. I'd put money on him returning to judge on the XFactor when it returns to normal next year though. Also how bad must it make him feel that what's left of his 1d fanbase has little interest in his music and are obsessed with a fake baby and girlfriend. It would do my head in if I thought I was performing to a group of people who were dissecting every lyric/eye movement/colour I was wearing to back up a conspiracy theory.

by Anonymousreply 376September 20, 2019 7:33 PM

Does the troll just talk back and forth to himself ?

by Anonymousreply 377September 20, 2019 7:49 PM

R376 I hope for him, that over time the tinhats will wear themselves out and he will get new fans. I'm not sure he's interesting enough yet to appeal to the general public, but I guess doing the music he wants to make is a step in the right direction. He isn't a very good singer imho, but I still think he has the chance to stay in the business. Personally I would do some things in his current public persona differently and I think there's a bit of lost potential here (and I'm not talking about his management/label "holding him back", but rather when it comes to visual and fashion concepts and brand identity), but maybe that's just not what he wants.

by Anonymousreply 378September 20, 2019 9:40 PM

Liam Gallagher talking about (and liking) Harry Styles is one of the most random and funniest things to me. He gradually went from saying "chill out, you cunt" in 2017 to calling him a "fucking nice lad" and saying “I was in the studio with Harry, I fucking love that geezer" in 2019 lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379September 20, 2019 9:45 PM

Rad Louies are furious that Liam G keeps talking about Harry. Cue rabid antisemitism as they accuse the Azoff family of bribing every musician or journo who praises Harry.

by Anonymousreply 380September 21, 2019 3:32 AM

R380 has posted 88 times on this thread all detailed positive information on Loser Harry.

by Anonymousreply 381September 21, 2019 3:49 AM

Antisemitism? Fuck off. What a weak attempt to try and shut down criticism.

by Anonymousreply 382September 21, 2019 3:49 AM

R381 Oh, there are so many more posts than that. He must have 10 devices he posts from. Can have a whole conversation of pretend facts all by himself.

by Anonymousreply 383September 21, 2019 4:03 AM

I know right R383, wtf is that about?

by Anonymousreply 384September 21, 2019 4:08 AM

R384 Just bait the loser and watch him explode.

by Anonymousreply 385September 21, 2019 4:11 AM

He was also screaming about how you shouldn’t judge closet cases on another thread.

by Anonymousreply 386September 21, 2019 4:26 AM

I've never understood the appeal. Especially now.

by Anonymousreply 387September 21, 2019 4:35 AM

R380 Of course the Louies are furious and of course they see a conspiracy theory behind it. Being enraged conspiracy theorists is basically their job. It's ridiculous of course, Liam Gallagher has a different management and different record label than Harry. There's absolutely no business connection between them, the only thing they share is being fellow Northerners and the fact that they met during recording at RAK studios in March. And I very much doubt that Liam Gallagher would take bribes to say anything he doesn't mean. He's not exactly known for hiding his opinions.

But of course for them it's impossible that someone meets and just likes Harry without being forced to.

by Anonymousreply 388September 21, 2019 4:44 AM

God is that him again?

by Anonymousreply 389September 21, 2019 4:47 AM

R389 yup

by Anonymousreply 390September 21, 2019 5:37 AM

R388, the Rad Louies are odd ones. They are all ex Larries, and still believe the most extreme Larrie theories, such as El being a beard, F being Brett's son, management and PR teams being utterly corrupt and acting like dictators. They still think Louis is being simultaneously sabotaged AND forcibly closeted for profit, and can never explain how those two things could be going on at the same time.

PR and management teams work for the artist and they would be fired or sued if they tried to implement the shenanigans that Louies think are going on with his career. Louis to me seems pretty outspoken and strong willed. Not a pushover at all. Larries and Rads represent him as a tiny quailing smol bean who needs their protection, which is why a lot of them refer to him as their 'son'.

by Anonymousreply 391September 21, 2019 10:03 AM

R388, the Rad Louies are odd ones. They are all ex Larries, and still believe the most extreme Larrie theories, such as El being a beard, F being Brett's son, management and PR teams being utterly corrupt and acting like dictators. They still think Louis is being simultaneously sabotaged AND forcibly closeted for profit, and can never explain how those two things could be going on at the same time.

PR and management teams work for the artist and they would be fired or sued if they tried to implement the shenanigans that Louies think are going on with his career. Louis to me seems pretty outspoken and strong willed. Not a pushover at all. Larries and Rads represent him as a tiny quailing smol bean who needs their protection, which is why a lot of them refer to him as their 'son'.

by Anonymousreply 392September 21, 2019 10:03 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393September 21, 2019 10:44 AM

Liam is funny. He upset some easily triggered Niall songs by saying that Niall 'still worked with the same team as he did in the 1d days'. Same Modest managment, same PR team, same songwriters.

by Anonymousreply 394September 21, 2019 6:49 PM

Why did the truth trigger them?

by Anonymousreply 395September 21, 2019 6:54 PM

R395, they like to think he has no loyalty to the band and won't be going back.

by Anonymousreply 396September 21, 2019 7:03 PM

R395, they like to think he has no loyalty to the band and won't be going back.

by Anonymousreply 397September 21, 2019 7:03 PM

I like Liam and his interviews (and the daddy thing in this one was hilarious). He always talks way faster than he thinks, which creates situations like that with Niall or (or Harry), but it's funny. And I think I've learned more about the dynamics within the band in his last few interviews than in all the 1D interviews or those of the other members. Like I said, he is prone to (unintentionally?) spilling the tea. Or saying ludicrous things like that he's 6 ft 1 (= 185 cm) tall lol.

R395 Liam made it sound like Niall didn't really develop as a solo artist and was basically stuck with the 1D sound and crew. And that he'd be the first to rejoin 1D (although he also said that Niall was always "on the fence" about things and "his ass must hurt from sitting on the fence so much" or something to that effect - he's sometimes contradictory). The Niall stans were salty, because even though Niall's music does indeed sound closest to 1D, they want of course for him to be recognised as Niall Horan, singer/songwriter.

It also didn't help that on the same day Niall's Glass magazine interview surfaced, where he was rather non-committal (for the first time!) about a reunion. Before that he was always Mr. "I would 100 % leave everything and return to 1D". Now he said there's maybe a reunion, but he's enjoying his solo music very much, thank you.

So it was kind of Liam's comments against Niall's interview.

by Anonymousreply 398September 21, 2019 7:23 PM

[QUOTE] Niall Horan, singer/songwriter

So they just ignore the fact all of his songs are co-written? And more than likely majority written by someone else?

I just can't understand why fans don't just like the actual person they claim to like, rather than this weird made up image. Surely the latter only leads to disappointment.

by Anonymousreply 399September 21, 2019 7:27 PM

"I just can't understand why fans don't just like the actual person they claim to like, rather than this weird made up image. Surely the latter only leads to disappointment."

Like Harry ?

by Anonymousreply 400September 21, 2019 7:51 PM

"I just can't understand why fans don't just like the actual person they claim to like, rather than this weird made up image. Surely the latter only leads to disappointment."

Like Harry ?

by Anonymousreply 401September 21, 2019 7:51 PM

[QUOTE] Like Harry?

Harry probably is lgbt but Louis definitely isn't. Most of his fans like him because they think he's a poor abused, forcibly closeted, tragically bearding gay man. The discrepancy between the Louis of their fantasies and the real Louis is much bigger than the gap between the fantasy Harry and the real one.

by Anonymousreply 402September 21, 2019 8:22 PM

R399 I'm not as strict with that definition, because nowadays most producers get songwriting credits as basically every little change in structure, a background instrument or a word here and there is "songwriting" since nobody wants to get sued. So it's really hard to say just how much all the boys write themselves nowadays. For example I'm pretty sure that Harry came up with the basic chord/melody of Sign of the Times, because he said he actually wanted to create a completely different melody and SOTT was more or less an accident that sounded nice lol. The lyrics are probably also his, because that's what they mostly did in 1D as well (although his co-writer/producer changed the expletives), but the whole instrumentation and arrangement with the choir and all was definitely a collaborative effort with his co-writers. In general it's probably hard to write songs completely alone if you don't play all the instruments, that's why Harry's lead guitarist is a songwriter on nearly all songs, because they all have guitar solos. But of course I can't say which parts of the songs are Harry's work and which aren't and same goes for Niall.

Louis actually spoke about his songwriting process more and it seemed to me more like how they wrote for 1D: They go into the studio, talk about the story they want to write (e.g. a break up), then they develop melodies and then the exact lyrics to fit the melodies.

Anyway, in the end it's about recognising Niall (or Harry or Louis) as real musician in his own right, who creates his own songs and is not the product of a manufactured boy band.

by Anonymousreply 403September 21, 2019 8:29 PM

R400 Yes, his fans do it more than anyone, and that's even ignoring the Larries. The way they try to convince themselves he's some kind of gifted artist intellectual is ridiculous.

[QUOTE]because nowadays most producers get songwriting credits

Also most singers get songwriting credits. Who's more likely to have the ego to pay for fake credits, singers or producers? But it's clear you're one of the kind of fans I just talked about, so I'll leave you to your delusion.

by Anonymousreply 404September 21, 2019 8:52 PM

'Louis actually spoke about his songwriting process more and it seemed to me more like how they wrote for 1D: They go into the studio, talk about the story they want to write (e.g. a break up), then they develop melodies and then the exact lyrics to fit the melodies.'

I think Harry probably wrote down lyrics. He liked writing poetry even as a 14 year old. Of course, schoolboy poetry doesn't equal good lyrics but at least it would be something for the songwriters to work with. They knew the 1d fans liked the idea of the boys writing their own personal lyrics and singing them, so it was encouraged. I don't think any of them were responsible for the melodies or production. Maybe a few basic chords.

by Anonymousreply 405September 21, 2019 8:57 PM

'Who's more likely to have the ego to pay for fake credits, singers or producers? '

Pay for fake credits? You are hilarious. Are you that person who thinks everyone here is a paid shill as well?

by Anonymousreply 406September 21, 2019 8:59 PM

R404 I mean, what is the point of going solo, if you don't do your own stuff. As I said, they certainly don't operate in a vacuum and there's a reason those songwriters are there, but why shouldn't they write their own lyrics? It's not like they have to write the next Great American Novel, I'm sure they manage to create some rhymes. There's not really a need for fake credits. And those two, who also play instruments (= Niall and Harry) are probably also involved in at least some of the melodies, simply because they can.

R405 Yes, I think so too.

by Anonymousreply 407September 21, 2019 9:05 PM

[QUOTE]Pay for fake credits? You are hilarious. Are you that person who thinks everyone here is a paid shill as well?

Well that's a dumb strawman. And do you really think Beyonce writes her songs? Or do you think her management throws a few extra dollars at the real writers not to kick up a fuss over her being given a credit?

[QUOTE]I mean, what is the point of going solo, if you don't do your own stuff

Again, do I need to use Beyonce as an example? Why? Money and ego.

[QUOTE] but why shouldn't they write their own lyrics?

Because they probably suck?

Do we actually have stans on DL of all places who actually think these morons are artists? None of them can string a compelling sentence together for an interview and yet you think they're actually songwriters because of, what, some pablum in a PR puff piece?

by Anonymousreply 408September 21, 2019 10:06 PM

I do think they write some of their lyrics, because a lot of the 1d lyrics are quite cheesy and basic, eg;

Waking up beside you I'm a loaded gun

by Anonymousreply 409September 22, 2019 1:18 AM

I was happy that Liam was being a bit more honest rather than BSing us that they are all great friends and whatever. But his swipe at Niall was ridiculous. What does it matter who Niall writes with or who produces his stuff? Or any of the others for that matter. Let me remind you Liam, that 2 of the songs off Niall's album has exactly 2 writers. Niall and another person, and several have only 3 writers. Unlike the 17 credited for your shit Strip That Down. Go pose naked Liam, that's all you're good at.

by Anonymousreply 410September 22, 2019 1:22 AM

Liam is very jealous of Niall's album, which went to number 1 on Billboard, and also of Niall's two world tours. Liam was supposed to be the top 1d vocalist and it irks him to see Direction 4 doing so much better than him.

by Anonymousreply 411September 22, 2019 1:46 AM

Larries will always be a discussion point on any 1d thread, but I've noticed before that someone here is very sensitive about it, and gets angry when Larries are criticised.

by Anonymousreply 412September 22, 2019 4:05 AM

by Anonymousreply 413September 22, 2019 4:05 AM

by Anonymousreply 414September 22, 2019 4:06 AM

by Anonymousreply 415September 22, 2019 4:08 AM

by Anonymousreply 416September 22, 2019 4:08 AM

by Anonymousreply 417September 22, 2019 4:09 AM

by Anonymousreply 418September 22, 2019 4:09 AM

by Anonymousreply 419September 22, 2019 4:09 AM

by Anonymousreply 420September 22, 2019 4:10 AM

by Anonymousreply 421September 22, 2019 4:10 AM

by Anonymousreply 422September 22, 2019 4:10 AM

by Anonymousreply 423September 22, 2019 4:10 AM

by Anonymousreply 424September 22, 2019 4:10 AM

by Anonymousreply 425September 22, 2019 4:11 AM

by Anonymousreply 426September 22, 2019 4:11 AM

by Anonymousreply 427September 22, 2019 4:11 AM

by Anonymousreply 428September 22, 2019 4:11 AM

by Anonymousreply 429September 22, 2019 4:12 AM

by Anonymousreply 430September 22, 2019 4:13 AM

by Anonymousreply 431September 22, 2019 4:13 AM

by Anonymousreply 432September 22, 2019 4:13 AM

by Anonymousreply 433September 22, 2019 4:13 AM

by Anonymousreply 434September 22, 2019 4:13 AM

by Anonymousreply 435September 22, 2019 4:14 AM

by Anonymousreply 436September 22, 2019 4:14 AM

by Anonymousreply 437September 22, 2019 4:14 AM

by Anonymousreply 438September 22, 2019 4:14 AM

by Anonymousreply 439September 22, 2019 4:14 AM

by Anonymousreply 440September 22, 2019 4:14 AM

by Anonymousreply 441September 22, 2019 4:15 AM

by Anonymousreply 442September 22, 2019 4:15 AM

by Anonymousreply 443September 22, 2019 4:15 AM

by Anonymousreply 444September 22, 2019 4:15 AM

by Anonymousreply 445September 22, 2019 4:15 AM

by Anonymousreply 446September 22, 2019 4:16 AM

by Anonymousreply 447September 22, 2019 4:16 AM

by Anonymousreply 448September 22, 2019 4:16 AM

by Anonymousreply 449September 22, 2019 4:16 AM

by Anonymousreply 450September 22, 2019 4:16 AM

by Anonymousreply 451September 22, 2019 4:17 AM

by Anonymousreply 452September 22, 2019 4:17 AM

by Anonymousreply 453September 22, 2019 4:17 AM

by Anonymousreply 454September 22, 2019 4:17 AM

by Anonymousreply 455September 22, 2019 4:17 AM

by Anonymousreply 456September 22, 2019 4:17 AM

by Anonymousreply 457September 22, 2019 4:18 AM

by Anonymousreply 458September 22, 2019 4:18 AM

by Anonymousreply 459September 22, 2019 4:18 AM

by Anonymousreply 460September 22, 2019 4:18 AM

by Anonymousreply 461September 22, 2019 4:18 AM

by Anonymousreply 462September 22, 2019 4:19 AM

by Anonymousreply 463September 22, 2019 4:19 AM

by Anonymousreply 464September 22, 2019 4:19 AM

by Anonymousreply 465September 22, 2019 4:19 AM

by Anonymousreply 466September 22, 2019 4:19 AM

by Anonymousreply 467September 22, 2019 4:20 AM

by Anonymousreply 468September 22, 2019 4:20 AM

by Anonymousreply 469September 22, 2019 4:20 AM

by Anonymousreply 470September 22, 2019 4:20 AM

by Anonymousreply 471September 22, 2019 4:20 AM

by Anonymousreply 472September 22, 2019 4:21 AM

by Anonymousreply 473September 22, 2019 4:21 AM

by Anonymousreply 474September 22, 2019 4:22 AM

by Anonymousreply 475September 22, 2019 4:22 AM

by Anonymousreply 476September 22, 2019 4:22 AM

by Anonymousreply 477September 22, 2019 4:22 AM

by Anonymousreply 478September 22, 2019 4:23 AM

by Anonymousreply 479September 22, 2019 4:23 AM

by Anonymousreply 480September 22, 2019 4:23 AM

by Anonymousreply 481September 22, 2019 4:23 AM

by Anonymousreply 482September 22, 2019 4:23 AM

by Anonymousreply 483September 22, 2019 4:24 AM

by Anonymousreply 484September 22, 2019 4:24 AM

by Anonymousreply 485September 22, 2019 4:25 AM

by Anonymousreply 486September 22, 2019 4:25 AM

by Anonymousreply 487September 22, 2019 4:25 AM

by Anonymousreply 488September 22, 2019 4:26 AM

by Anonymousreply 489September 22, 2019 4:26 AM

by Anonymousreply 490September 22, 2019 4:26 AM

by Anonymousreply 491September 22, 2019 4:26 AM

by Anonymousreply 492September 22, 2019 4:26 AM

by Anonymousreply 493September 22, 2019 4:27 AM

by Anonymousreply 494September 22, 2019 4:27 AM

by Anonymousreply 495September 22, 2019 4:27 AM

by Anonymousreply 496September 22, 2019 4:27 AM

by Anonymousreply 497September 22, 2019 4:28 AM

by Anonymousreply 498September 22, 2019 4:28 AM

by Anonymousreply 499September 22, 2019 4:28 AM

by Anonymousreply 500September 22, 2019 4:28 AM

by Anonymousreply 501September 22, 2019 4:29 AM

by Anonymousreply 502September 22, 2019 4:29 AM

by Anonymousreply 503September 22, 2019 4:29 AM

by Anonymousreply 504September 22, 2019 4:29 AM

by Anonymousreply 505September 22, 2019 4:29 AM

by Anonymousreply 506September 22, 2019 4:30 AM

by Anonymousreply 507September 22, 2019 4:30 AM

by Anonymousreply 508September 22, 2019 4:30 AM

by Anonymousreply 509September 22, 2019 4:30 AM

by Anonymousreply 510September 22, 2019 4:30 AM

by Anonymousreply 511September 22, 2019 4:31 AM

by Anonymousreply 512September 22, 2019 4:31 AM

by Anonymousreply 513September 22, 2019 4:31 AM

by Anonymousreply 514September 22, 2019 4:31 AM

by Anonymousreply 515September 22, 2019 4:32 AM

by Anonymousreply 516September 22, 2019 4:32 AM

by Anonymousreply 517September 22, 2019 4:32 AM

by Anonymousreply 518September 22, 2019 4:32 AM

by Anonymousreply 519September 22, 2019 4:32 AM

by Anonymousreply 520September 22, 2019 4:33 AM

by Anonymousreply 521September 22, 2019 4:33 AM

by Anonymousreply 522September 22, 2019 4:33 AM

by Anonymousreply 523September 22, 2019 4:33 AM

by Anonymousreply 524September 22, 2019 4:33 AM

by Anonymousreply 525September 22, 2019 4:34 AM

by Anonymousreply 526September 22, 2019 4:34 AM

by Anonymousreply 527September 22, 2019 4:34 AM

by Anonymousreply 528September 22, 2019 4:34 AM

by Anonymousreply 529September 22, 2019 4:34 AM

by Anonymousreply 530September 22, 2019 4:35 AM

by Anonymousreply 531September 22, 2019 4:35 AM

by Anonymousreply 532September 22, 2019 4:35 AM

by Anonymousreply 533September 22, 2019 4:36 AM

by Anonymousreply 534September 22, 2019 4:36 AM

by Anonymousreply 535September 22, 2019 4:36 AM

by Anonymousreply 536September 22, 2019 4:36 AM

by Anonymousreply 537September 22, 2019 4:37 AM

by Anonymousreply 538September 22, 2019 4:37 AM

by Anonymousreply 539September 22, 2019 4:37 AM

by Anonymousreply 540September 22, 2019 4:37 AM

by Anonymousreply 541September 22, 2019 4:37 AM

by Anonymousreply 542September 22, 2019 4:38 AM

by Anonymousreply 543September 22, 2019 4:38 AM

by Anonymousreply 544September 22, 2019 4:39 AM

by Anonymousreply 545September 22, 2019 4:39 AM

by Anonymousreply 546September 22, 2019 4:39 AM

by Anonymousreply 547September 22, 2019 4:39 AM

by Anonymousreply 548September 22, 2019 4:40 AM

by Anonymousreply 549September 22, 2019 4:40 AM

by Anonymousreply 550September 22, 2019 4:41 AM

by Anonymousreply 551September 22, 2019 4:41 AM

by Anonymousreply 552September 22, 2019 4:41 AM

by Anonymousreply 553September 22, 2019 4:41 AM

by Anonymousreply 554September 22, 2019 4:42 AM

by Anonymousreply 555September 22, 2019 4:42 AM

by Anonymousreply 556September 22, 2019 4:42 AM

by Anonymousreply 557September 22, 2019 4:42 AM

by Anonymousreply 558September 22, 2019 4:43 AM

by Anonymousreply 559September 22, 2019 4:43 AM

by Anonymousreply 560September 22, 2019 4:43 AM

by Anonymousreply 561September 22, 2019 4:43 AM

by Anonymousreply 562September 22, 2019 4:44 AM

by Anonymousreply 563September 22, 2019 4:44 AM

by Anonymousreply 564September 22, 2019 4:44 AM

by Anonymousreply 565September 22, 2019 4:44 AM

by Anonymousreply 566September 22, 2019 4:45 AM

by Anonymousreply 567September 22, 2019 4:45 AM

by Anonymousreply 568September 22, 2019 4:45 AM

by Anonymousreply 569September 22, 2019 4:45 AM

by Anonymousreply 570September 22, 2019 4:46 AM

by Anonymousreply 571September 22, 2019 4:46 AM

by Anonymousreply 572September 22, 2019 4:46 AM

by Anonymousreply 573September 22, 2019 4:46 AM

by Anonymousreply 574September 22, 2019 4:46 AM

by Anonymousreply 575September 22, 2019 4:47 AM

by Anonymousreply 576September 22, 2019 4:47 AM

Liam was a kid who had no one turn up to his birthday parties, sad.

Maybe Bear Payne will be able to buy friends. With a nutter racist mom and a dad who is not around much, he is gonna need something.

by Anonymousreply 577September 22, 2019 4:47 AM

by Anonymousreply 578September 22, 2019 4:47 AM

by Anonymousreply 579September 22, 2019 4:47 AM

by Anonymousreply 580September 22, 2019 4:47 AM

by Anonymousreply 581September 22, 2019 4:48 AM

by Anonymousreply 582September 22, 2019 4:48 AM

by Anonymousreply 583September 22, 2019 4:48 AM

by Anonymousreply 584September 22, 2019 4:48 AM

by Anonymousreply 585September 22, 2019 4:49 AM

by Anonymousreply 586September 22, 2019 4:49 AM

by Anonymousreply 587September 22, 2019 4:49 AM

by Anonymousreply 588September 22, 2019 4:49 AM

by Anonymousreply 589September 22, 2019 4:49 AM

by Anonymousreply 590September 22, 2019 4:50 AM

by Anonymousreply 591September 22, 2019 4:50 AM

by Anonymousreply 592September 22, 2019 4:51 AM

by Anonymousreply 593September 22, 2019 4:51 AM

by Anonymousreply 594September 22, 2019 4:52 AM

by Anonymousreply 595September 22, 2019 4:52 AM

by Anonymousreply 596September 22, 2019 4:52 AM

by Anonymousreply 597September 22, 2019 4:52 AM

by Anonymousreply 598September 22, 2019 4:52 AM

by Anonymousreply 599September 22, 2019 4:53 AM

by Anonymousreply 600September 22, 2019 4:53 AM

by Anonymousreply 601September 22, 2019 4:53 AM

by Anonymousreply 602September 22, 2019 4:53 AM

by Anonymousreply 603September 22, 2019 4:53 AM

by Anonymousreply 604September 22, 2019 4:54 AM

by Anonymousreply 605September 22, 2019 4:54 AM

by Anonymousreply 606September 22, 2019 4:54 AM

by Anonymousreply 607September 22, 2019 4:54 AM

by Anonymousreply 608September 22, 2019 4:54 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!