Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why did Mariah Carey's career go straight down the shitter?

It wasn't from a lack of once being married to one of the most powerful men in the music industry or having an annoying voice that sounds like birds dying!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215September 2, 2020 5:57 AM

She had a song at #2 on Billboard last year?

by Anonymousreply 1August 20, 2019 12:37 AM

She got FAT!!

by Anonymousreply 2August 20, 2019 12:39 AM

One word: GLITTER!

by Anonymousreply 3August 20, 2019 12:42 AM

OP, you WILL be reported

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 20, 2019 12:44 AM

Didn't she lose her voice?

by Anonymousreply 5August 20, 2019 12:53 AM

Moooooooooooo!

by Anonymousreply 6August 20, 2019 12:55 AM

Poor Mooriah!

by Anonymousreply 7August 20, 2019 12:58 AM

Well that pic says a lot- that and she simply does not have the musical chops for the long haul despite a once pretty spectacular voice.

by Anonymousreply 8August 20, 2019 1:03 AM

Mooriah looks like the Cowardly Lion!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9August 20, 2019 1:05 AM

No r1, it only got to #3; and big deal, her seriously overrated Christmas song charts every year now that Billboard allows holiday hits to chart again and again.

by Anonymousreply 10August 20, 2019 1:10 AM

Can't she afford liposuction?? What's wrong with her?

by Anonymousreply 11August 20, 2019 1:15 AM

I thought she lost weight?

by Anonymousreply 12August 20, 2019 1:26 AM

Her voice wasn't annoying except when she did that dog whistle note thing. She had a great voice but it faded over time. Her nutty diva antics didn't help.

by Anonymousreply 13August 20, 2019 1:26 AM

Mariah upon looking in the mirror.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14August 20, 2019 1:26 AM

Her songs suck. She can't write. Can't sing anymore. Her antics were a turn off. She has largely been manufactured hype. Her ex bought her so many #1's when she wasn't deeply discounting her singles 80% lower than everybody else. All she has is that Christmas song and it is so beneath someone of her "status" to desperately cling to it every year. Imagine the saggy skin underneath all that spanx!

by Anonymousreply 15August 20, 2019 2:55 AM

Because she kept singing songs for a 21 year old and thought to dress as such. Desperate for street cred but got off at the wrong exits. She was already a broken record in her prime with Dreamlover/Fantasy/Honey/Sweetheart/Heartbreaker.

by Anonymousreply 16August 20, 2019 2:58 AM

Does Mariah's pussy stink?

by Anonymousreply 17August 20, 2019 2:59 AM

Eminem said she likes people to piss on her. Her pussy, does in fact, stink terribly which is why she hides it under tons of fur and blubber like a Walrus.

by Anonymousreply 18August 20, 2019 3:00 AM

Mark McGrath likes to get pissed on too. Incredibly small cock.

by Anonymousreply 19August 20, 2019 3:24 AM

She’s one of the most popular and successful music stars in the world and has been for nearly 30 years.

If her career is in the shitter, where in the hell is yours??

by Anonymousreply 20August 20, 2019 3:30 AM

R20 Yet she has never been able to get asses in the seats on tour. What does that tell you? It tells you her success had a lot of fraudulence attached to it. She had a very well connected hubby otherwise she would have ended up like Leona Lewis (who has a better voice).

by Anonymousreply 21August 20, 2019 3:33 AM

Lainey is obsessed with her and, like with most of her obsessions, its brought Ms. Carey terrible luck.

by Anonymousreply 22August 20, 2019 3:34 AM

eww Mariah has a double chin!!

by Anonymousreply 23August 20, 2019 3:36 AM

R21, Why did Leona Lewis' "career go straight down the shitter?"

by Anonymousreply 24August 20, 2019 3:42 AM

Mariah is a fucking bore in concert. They were able to hide for that first 5 years of her career. She's 2nd in command in Whitney Houston's rhythmless nation. Stuffed into fancy dresses to sing songs like Fantasy and Heartbreaker. Her arm choreographer has nothing on Celine's. Absolutely no stage presence.

by Anonymousreply 25August 20, 2019 3:43 AM

R24 Like Mariah, her wailing only goes so far. It isn't about the big voice it is about how the voice connects to the lyrics which so many of the big voiced divas can't do. Big voiced divas tend to over sing to compensate for lack of soul.

R25 The worst in concert. WORST. But if she has this great voice with such POPULAR songs, she should EASILY be a touring force, at least for the first 15 years yet she never was.

by Anonymousreply 26August 20, 2019 3:45 AM

She's starting to remind me of Anna Nicole Smith. She always seems lost in space. She lives in a bubble. Being a alcoholic doesn't help either. Too bad because she is used to be really talented. And she has so much damn money. Why does she have to wear tacky ass clothes that never fit her. And another thing Mariah if you cannot walk in heels don't wear them.

by Anonymousreply 27August 20, 2019 3:49 AM

What happened with that big tour she was going on with Lionel Richie? I'll tell you what nobody wanted to buy the damn seats so they canceled it.

by Anonymousreply 28August 20, 2019 3:51 AM

Samurai Ah!

by Anonymousreply 29August 20, 2019 3:52 AM

When can we flush the "Straight Down the Shitter" Stalker straight down the shitter?

by Anonymousreply 30August 20, 2019 3:55 AM

When the public learned that she turned her back on her AIDS ravaged sister, things went south... FAST.

by Anonymousreply 31August 20, 2019 4:00 AM

I don't think she is a huge talent. She had a big voice but really didn't know how to use it. When did the nation become so swept up in big voices when so many of the best singers have limited ranges and do not posses big voices? There are so many qualities to a voice that make it great. The loudness of it is not one of them IMO. Jennifer Hudson sucks donkey balls with her oversinging bullshit.

Mariah's lyrics are beyond stupid. She can't dance. She can't even just perform.

by Anonymousreply 32August 20, 2019 4:03 AM

R32, Who are your current choices for best singer?

by Anonymousreply 33August 20, 2019 4:23 AM

R33 IDK. I don't feel many connect with their material.

by Anonymousreply 34August 20, 2019 4:27 AM

Over singing or singing loud is the equivalent of chewing the scenery in acting. It can be fun in small doses but does not denote talent. In fact, it is the opposite of talent. Talent is having something and knowing how to use it effectively.

by Anonymousreply 35August 20, 2019 4:30 AM

[quote]Her pussy, does in fact, stink terribly which is why she hides it under tons of fur and blubber like a Walrus.

I'll have you know it smells like marshmallows, incense, and "fresh sea notes"!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36August 20, 2019 4:51 AM

She dressed in the tackiest clothes available.

by Anonymousreply 37August 20, 2019 4:59 AM

She has dead eyes, her voice is gone, and she has no stage presence. And apparently she needed that first husband of her's behind the curtain. I can't wait for her kids to tell all!

by Anonymousreply 38August 20, 2019 5:09 AM

I've always thought she was lame...I liked about 3 of her songs. Her stage presence sucks as does her little girl hand and arm gestures. She is just lame.

by Anonymousreply 39August 20, 2019 11:53 AM

Mariah was respectable from 1990-1995. When she started her never-ending mission to be Faith Evans/Adina Howard/Neneh Cherry, remixing her current hit with the rapper du jour she became a complete embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 40August 20, 2019 12:03 PM

She looks like Todd Chrisley's wife now

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41August 20, 2019 12:24 PM

What R40 said. She suffered a career identity crisis post-Tommy Mottola and it just didn't work. She tried transforming into a hip hop sex kitten, and no. Just no.

She should have stuck to the formula that worked for her -- adult contemporary ballads favored by fraus in doctor waiting rooms and grocery stores.

by Anonymousreply 42August 20, 2019 7:25 PM

The Wild, Wild World of Mariah Carey

by Anonymousreply 43August 20, 2019 7:42 PM

Mariah's snatch stinks almost as bad as her attitude, R18.

by Anonymousreply 44August 21, 2019 12:47 AM

Her Caution tour did great numbers. She can still sell out Radio City while some of her other pop contemporaries are struggling to fill teeny tiny theaters. She's also on her second stint in Vegas as well as in the fourth year of a successful holiday residency at the Beacon theater in NY.

18 # 1 US hits, the biggest selling female selling artist of the soundscan era. Billboards #1 song of the 2000's. She must be doing something right.

by Anonymousreply 45August 21, 2019 1:04 AM

R45 Great numbers and Radio City Music Hall. No. How many dates does she play? One. That is pathetic. Her residency was a dud. Her #1's were mostly due to her cheating and payola. Google Mariah payola and behold. Her hubby had huge connections. The fact her tours have been largely huge unsuccessful speaks volumes to her true popularity. And the kicker is she acts like she knows it. Her holiday residency and antics are beyond desperate. She knows that is all she has. I had to LMFAO at you saying "of the soundscan era" which is super duper pathetic. Is the world wide (I doubt she outsold Madonna or Celine WW during the "soundscan era") or just USA? Either way, not good to qualify her success.

by Anonymousreply 46August 21, 2019 1:09 AM

[quote]Great numbers and Radio City Music Hall. No. How many dates does she play? One. That is pathetic.

Struggling to fill 250 seat theaters is pathetic. Especially when you've allegedly had a number one album.

[quote]Is the world wide (I doubt she outsold Madonna or Celine WW during the "soundscan era") o

US market is the primary market and the biggest one that matters. Fans who use "worldwide" as a crutch to prop up their artists flagging US sales can't be taken seriously. No one cares about how many copies are moved in Thailand. How very desperate.

[quote] Either way, not good to qualify her success.

She isn't one step away from doing dinner theaters. I think she's fine.

by Anonymousreply 47August 21, 2019 1:19 AM

[quote] She isn't one step away from doing dinner theaters.

From the looks of it, she's one step away from eating all of the dinners inside the theater.

by Anonymousreply 48August 21, 2019 1:25 AM

Bipolar yet drinks heavily. Unhealthy combination that destroys any chance for long-term success.

by Anonymousreply 49August 21, 2019 1:26 AM

I love how she think she still a big star. With all her bodyguards in huge Entourage. It makes me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 50August 21, 2019 2:00 AM

You bitches are so hateful. She is fine, she sends her love. A month ago, she won the #BottleCapChallenge with a tweet that achieved the rare 1 million likes plus over 30 million views.

Her tour with Lionel wasn't canceled, I was there and it looked as full as could be.

She didn't need Tommy Mottola. The Emancipation of Mimi was the biggest album of 2005-6 and "We Belong Together" was named song of the decade.

Until you know what it's like to grow up as a bi-racial girl with divorced parents and older siblings who brought shady characters around, your husband treats you like a prisoner, and millions of bitches around the world tear you down, don't judge.

She has written plenty of good songs in the past 5 years, they just don't get played on radio.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51August 21, 2019 2:00 AM

I kinda love R46

by Anonymousreply 52August 21, 2019 2:02 AM

R47 Who are you talking about with dinner theaters? Mariah has never ever been a successful touring act. She fucking OPENED for Lionel Richie!!!!!!!

Her albums don't even come close to #1 now. Sometimes barely top 10. And her sales are nothing to crow about. She always needed her hubby to aid her success. Then she would sell her singles for .49 cents about a slew of other shenanigans. WBT was aided by her being played on so many different formats, something many artists don't have the skin color to get played on.

WW means you are popular the world over, not just doing ok in the US (which she is not). She is a local star. Big Whoop.

by Anonymousreply 53August 21, 2019 2:08 AM

Mariah was also a singles artist. Almost all of her non singles were pieces of shit.

by Anonymousreply 54August 21, 2019 11:56 AM

Is Mariah really an alky? For some reason, I can't really picture her being a boozer.

by Anonymousreply 55August 21, 2019 7:16 PM

Is Mariah really an alky? For some reason, I can't really picture her being a boozer.

by Anonymousreply 56August 21, 2019 7:16 PM

[quote]Why did Mariah Carey's career go straight down the shitter?

Mariah Carey.

by Anonymousreply 57August 21, 2019 7:23 PM

She really lucked out with her cheesy Christmas song fast becoming as the most popular carol of all. It’ll gonna get played until Mariah comes home and beyond.

by Anonymousreply 58August 21, 2019 7:38 PM

That dress looks like something Little Edie Beale would make.

by Anonymousreply 59August 21, 2019 7:40 PM

Mariah's music = shit

by Anonymousreply 60August 23, 2019 12:07 AM

The only 'diva' singer with a more annoying voice is Christina Aguilera. They're both neck and neck actually.

by Anonymousreply 61August 23, 2019 12:08 AM

How many pounds does MOOriah weigh?

by Anonymousreply 62August 23, 2019 12:11 AM

She had a good run for two decades. Not Madonna level longevity, but still really good. Her voice deteriorated quickly because she would do thousands of takes of each song until she got it "just right". And she started to drink after she got divorced. Also, she didn't really care for proper technique and it caught up with her, fast.

I have to disagree that her non-singles sucked. In many cases, her non-singles were far BETTER than what was released (the opposite of Madonna who really does have trouble making good non-singles). Emotions is one of the best R&B albums from the 90s. That and Merry Christmas are her two best albums and they were released when she was at her vocal peak which was really something else. Its a pity she will never sound that good again.

by Anonymousreply 63August 23, 2019 12:20 AM

This is one of the album songs from Emotions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64August 23, 2019 12:21 AM

I think Mariah is eating her emotions these days, R64.

by Anonymousreply 65August 23, 2019 12:23 AM

R65, she had gastric bypass a few years ago and I think she's managed to keep the weight off. I think.

by Anonymousreply 66August 23, 2019 12:24 AM

Who is fatter these days? Mariah or Kelly Clarkson?

by Anonymousreply 67August 23, 2019 12:26 AM

I may be fatter, but I have more #1 hits!

by Anonymousreply 68August 23, 2019 12:28 AM

I want to see Mariah vs. Kelly Clarkson in a sumo fight. Maybe that can revive their dead careers?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69August 23, 2019 12:30 AM

Tommy Mottola is now 70 years old. Mariah Carey is talented, but it definitely helped to be married to TM.

There are still flashes of greatness. But her live performances now are like "Weekend at Bernie's." Like Britney Spears at the 2007 VMA awards.

MC agreeing to be on a reality show told me that she had low self-esteem.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70August 23, 2019 12:37 AM

Didn't she have that surgery? How is gaining back the weight already? I don't understand that.

by Anonymousreply 71August 23, 2019 12:43 AM

All FatMariah wants for Christmas is food!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72August 23, 2019 12:49 AM

I don't think she's as fat anymore.

by Anonymousreply 73August 23, 2019 1:10 AM

She isn't fat. OP is a loser posting horrible, old pics.

Here she is a few weeks ago with kids from Fresh Air Fund's Camp Mariah...which she has donated over a million dollars to. Now in it's 25 year. Give her credit for being kind.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74August 23, 2019 1:48 AM

Uh, R63, how long do you think Madonna's good run lasted? 40 years? Two decades is pushing it, even for her. But she did had some great non-single tracks - Where's The Party, White Heat, Jimmy Jimmy, Thief of Hearts, Bye Bye Baby, Don't Stop, Survival, Amazing, Push, Future Lovers.

by Anonymousreply 75August 23, 2019 2:48 AM

I'd lick her shitter.

by Anonymousreply 76August 23, 2019 2:49 AM

So much negativity here and yet you bitches still quote my "I don't know her " line in every other thread.

by Anonymousreply 77August 23, 2019 3:05 AM

Mariah's a star. She's been a hurt so she's built a wall that allows few ppl into her world. As a successful business man I know where she's coming from.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78August 23, 2019 4:41 AM

In two months time y'all gays will be singing this crap with your family and enjoying Mariah.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79August 23, 2019 4:47 AM

Well smell R78.

by Anonymousreply 80August 23, 2019 12:00 PM

Mariah is massive. I bet she has diabetes.

by Anonymousreply 81August 27, 2019 1:53 AM

Her career went down the shitter because she strayed away from the pop songs that made her popular in exchange for shitty Hip-hop shit “music” that all sounds the same.

by Anonymousreply 82August 27, 2019 1:56 AM

She's common, has no glamour, is trashy but not in a good sexy way, and when she get's grand and starts calling people "Dahling" you want to hit her with a pie and throw a dildo at her face.

by Anonymousreply 83August 27, 2019 1:57 AM

R83 Oh I HATE all that “dahling” shit she does!

by Anonymousreply 84August 27, 2019 5:30 AM

She's nuts but she seems rather harmless. She obviously has massive insecurities as a result of a difficult childhood and needs psychiatric help, but I've never found her to be an angry, bitter, jealous cunt like the late Urethra Stanklin used to be.

by Anonymousreply 85August 27, 2019 6:19 AM

I've never heard anything but terrible things about her.

by Anonymousreply 86August 28, 2019 6:06 AM

How much does Mariah's face and double chin weigh?

by Anonymousreply 87August 28, 2019 6:07 AM

She's a cunt and treats her help like shit.

by Anonymousreply 88August 28, 2019 2:17 PM

She's reaching Chrissy Metz style proportions.

by Anonymousreply 89August 29, 2019 2:55 AM

What does MOOriah eat?

by Anonymousreply 90August 29, 2019 3:02 AM

A lot!

by Anonymousreply 91August 29, 2019 3:08 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92August 29, 2019 3:10 AM

She's making lasagna for one!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93August 29, 2019 3:11 AM

FAT!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94August 29, 2019 3:12 AM

DL really hates one of the queens. In her prime she reached a level none of your favs will EVER reach. She can balloon all she wants and who care if her voice deteriorated, she absolutely EARNED her current lifestyle. Many of your favs fail to even a #1 before they drug themselves to death.

by Anonymousreply 95August 29, 2019 3:15 AM

Best picture of Mariah on the left! She has returned to that weight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96August 29, 2019 3:18 AM

She’s an ugly pig. Zero stage presence and charisma. A major has been

by Anonymousreply 97August 29, 2019 4:48 AM

At least Mariah has managed to hold on to her money and stay alive, which is a lot more than can be said about the grotesque Judy Garland, whom many of you worship. That broke, pill popping, entitled cunt was sneaking out of hotels without paying her bills, and yet she's some kind of saint to many of you.

by Anonymousreply 98August 29, 2019 5:43 AM

Such a silly post. Her career did not go down the tubes. She’s a power singer who has been a superstar for 30 years and has a rapidly declining voice. THIRTY years. What exactly do you expect from her 30 years later?

by Anonymousreply 99August 29, 2019 6:38 AM

To not be an obese sumo, R99.

by Anonymousreply 100August 29, 2019 6:47 AM

R99 is right - an impressive 30 year run, with the first 10 being gargantuan

and whomever tried to lump in Neneh Cherry with Mariah, Faith, et apparently never heard a Neneh Cherry record aside from Buffalo Stance.

by Anonymousreply 101August 29, 2019 6:48 AM

She was a nasty cunt to her sister.

Shows her REAL personality.

by Anonymousreply 102August 29, 2019 1:15 PM

Mariah and Madonna should do a duet .

by Anonymousreply 103August 29, 2019 1:19 PM

So a Fatso and an Old Hag singing together? Who wants to hear that? What would they even sing about? Their diabetes and osteoperosis?

by Anonymousreply 104August 29, 2019 7:22 PM

I would attribute the weight gain to the med/s she's on for bipolar. Her assistant got caught smuggling a shit ton of ativan at the airport.

by Anonymousreply 105August 29, 2019 7:54 PM

I don't think she's anywhere near as rich as people think. The richest artists are the ones who make a fortune from touring, like Madonna, U2, Coldplay; she never made big money as a touring artist. Yes, she made a lot of money from the sales and royalties from her music, but that has all but dried up, except for All I Want for Christmas. Songwriters are starving nowadays with streaming. I think she's gone through most of her money by now. She NEEDS the money from her Vegas show, and it doesn't make anywhere near the kind of money that Celine's show did.

by Anonymousreply 106August 29, 2019 8:27 PM

[quote] of money from the sales and royalties from her music, but that has all but dried up,

Dry like her vagina!

by Anonymousreply 107August 30, 2019 12:39 AM

How do you know the royalties have dried up R106? She made 60 million off All I Want For Christmas Is You alone. She's co-wrote every hit, which got major airplay throughout the 90s. She could've retired in 2000.

by Anonymousreply 108August 30, 2019 12:46 AM

They call her wind Mariah!

by Anonymousreply 109August 30, 2019 1:03 AM

Good lord. I have a leather sofa I put out to the curb that wasn't as split down the grain as that cow.

by Anonymousreply 110August 30, 2019 1:13 AM

Well r95, since my favs are the Beatles I'd say she hasn't reached THEIR level...and she never will.

They far outsell her and even have MORE #1 hits.

by Anonymousreply 111August 30, 2019 1:35 PM

Fatso!

by Anonymousreply 112August 30, 2019 1:48 PM

At what point did Mariah become a great, big, fat woman?

by Anonymousreply 113August 31, 2019 1:36 AM

Mariah Carey is a connection. One of the last true divas. She doesn't have ADD like JLo. Mariah's just a bitch lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114September 1, 2019 4:51 AM

God, that video. Her bad implants, still dressing like a 20 year old, Whitney Houston-style dancing, thirsty for street cred.

by Anonymousreply 115September 1, 2019 5:48 AM

Mariah is an embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 116September 1, 2019 9:52 PM

Here is the exact moment when Mariah's career went down the shitter.

A shit song and she looked beastly and feral in the video!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117September 5, 2019 7:32 AM

Ugh, I remember her saying she couldn't release Butterfly as a single because it was too personal. Such a cheeseball.

by Anonymousreply 118September 5, 2019 11:53 AM

She didn't want to release it because she was afraid it would ruin her string of #1's.

Mariah cared about the charts and #1's a LOT back in the 90's.

by Anonymousreply 119September 5, 2019 12:40 PM

R120 she and her label bought her #1s by discounting her singles to $0.49 and $0.29. How pathetic

by Anonymousreply 120September 5, 2019 12:48 PM

R120, was Mariah the first major pop star to do that? Genuinely asking, since I don't remember reading that about Madonna, Michael Jackson, The Beatles, Elvis, etc.

by Anonymousreply 121September 5, 2019 10:23 PM

She used white appropriation culture to get hits.

by Anonymousreply 122September 5, 2019 10:33 PM

R122 That's whack. Nobody knew her ethnicity when she starting making monster hits. She was just a beautiful girl with an amazing voice who could hit the high notes and sustains without sounding like Flipper.

by Anonymousreply 123September 5, 2019 11:31 PM

I put a stop to that R119

by Anonymousreply 124September 6, 2019 12:43 AM

Butterfly is such a a beautiful song and video.

by Anonymousreply 125September 6, 2019 1:12 AM

Frau alert!

by Anonymousreply 126September 6, 2019 1:48 AM

That's because they didn't have to resort to doing it r121.

by Anonymousreply 127September 7, 2019 3:29 AM

She had the worst tummy tuck, her belly button is on her chest. And she never works out she just gets Lipo, hence why she has horrible skeletal arms with skin hanging on.

by Anonymousreply 128September 7, 2019 4:06 AM

Didn't she once sing a song about cum and how much she liked it?

by Anonymousreply 129September 7, 2019 7:14 AM

big fat old stinky puss pigs cant sing dummy !!!

by Anonymousreply 130September 7, 2019 7:16 AM

Her career ended the same day she married noted homophobe Nick Cannon.

by Anonymousreply 131September 7, 2019 11:39 PM

Mariah’s fashions by Aunt Ida of Baltimore

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132September 7, 2019 11:49 PM

Maybe showing up hours late or not at all for appearances, appearing impaired,not being able to speak in sentences, not remembering hit songs had something to do with it.

Ditto on the Anna Nicole comparison. More than alcohol at play. Fun to watch a trainwreck just don't want to pay for the show.

by Anonymousreply 133September 8, 2019 12:21 AM

I was going to post the same think, r1132!

by Anonymousreply 134September 8, 2019 12:44 AM

er....thing.

by Anonymousreply 135September 8, 2019 12:44 AM

Aunt Ida wore it better r134, r135

by Anonymousreply 136September 8, 2019 2:07 AM

I love Mariah but I always cringe whenever her 18 #1s stat is brought up. It is well known that Tommy Mottola was selling her singles for 39 cents she back in the day to get her those #1s.

by Anonymousreply 137September 8, 2019 2:13 AM

Haha

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138September 8, 2019 2:30 AM

R137, not only that--weren't many of Mariah's number one hits largely due to airplay? It's odd to me how the Billbaord charts take airplay into account. In England, it isn't like that.

by Anonymousreply 139September 8, 2019 6:43 PM

How did that awful song "One Sweet Day" become such a massive hit in the States? It's such a vapid song with Mariah's oversinging rendered even worse by the whiny braying of Boyz 2 Men.

by Anonymousreply 140September 8, 2019 6:49 PM

R140, it's incredible that it was number one longer than "I will always love you". The latter being a much better song, obviously.

by Anonymousreply 141September 8, 2019 9:11 PM

Yeah, One Sweet Day is basically a forgotten song - hardly played (if at all) in AC stations, at least here in NYC. Odd for the longest #1 song for so many years, untll that gay cowboy song overtook it this year.

by Anonymousreply 142September 8, 2019 9:58 PM

She did a thing on TV one time she did not move. She stood in a particular pose—head turned a certain way, hair cemented down, one foot out, one arm glued to her side and did not move. It was like she had a bomb attached to her and if she moved a millimeter she’d blow up. She was awful.

by Anonymousreply 143September 9, 2019 12:33 AM

R129, I think you're referring to Honey. Yeah, the song seems like it's pretty explicitly about her thirst for, ahem, cum.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144September 9, 2019 6:03 AM

R144 that should make her a DL icon then. It seems an odd choice for MC though because she gives off the vibe of someone who wouldn't be very interested in sex.

by Anonymousreply 145September 9, 2019 6:24 AM

I've always found her ugly, idg straight men's lust over her? Her tits and pretty much everything is fake and she looks like a tranny with those huge hands and feet.

by Anonymousreply 146September 9, 2019 10:49 AM

Early Mariah was cute, almost wholesome. She lost a part of her soul along the way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147September 9, 2019 12:28 PM

What is MOOriah up to these days anyway? Besides eating?

by Anonymousreply 148September 9, 2019 5:17 PM

Not talented enough to overcome the negative aspects of her personality. Also, as someone noted earlier, she got fat..

by Anonymousreply 149September 9, 2019 5:21 PM

[quote]Yeah, the song seems like it's pretty explicitly about her thirst for, ahem, cum.

“Oh, baby, I've got a dependency. Always strung out. For another taste of your honey”

SLUT.

by Anonymousreply 150September 9, 2019 10:23 PM

Ugly, fat, delusional, lost her voice, is completely irrelevant after Ariana.

by Anonymousreply 151September 9, 2019 11:19 PM

Ariana is a terrible live performer can't even walk and sing because she runs out of air, not even mentioning when she tries to "dance".

by Anonymousreply 152September 11, 2019 7:11 PM

R152 All of your points are true for Mariah as well.

by Anonymousreply 153September 11, 2019 7:28 PM

She went straight down the shitter when "Honey" was released, which was the first single post-Tommy Mattola divorce.

by Anonymousreply 154September 11, 2019 7:35 PM

I heard that she makes those Camp Mariah kids sew her clothes and cook her food.

by Anonymousreply 155September 11, 2019 7:36 PM

Isolated vocals FAIL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156September 11, 2019 7:45 PM

I enjoyed the look of fury on Mimi's face the year she was up for 5 or 6 Grammys for the Daydream album and lost in every single category.

by Anonymousreply 157September 11, 2019 8:11 PM

R157, if you watch the clip for album of the year, you can see a look of shock on Brandi's face when Mariah loses to Alanis. I don't know how people would be shocked that Alanis would win when her album sold like 16 million.

by Anonymousreply 158September 11, 2019 10:17 PM

What's the deal with her? One week she's fat and the next week she's thin. I'm confused.

by Anonymousreply 159September 11, 2019 10:21 PM

She's fat every week.

by Anonymousreply 160September 11, 2019 10:24 PM

She think she’s a sex kitten and dresses like a porn star.

by Anonymousreply 161September 12, 2019 12:39 AM

This whale has zero sex appeal and tries way too hard to be sexy 🙄. Gurl, you are not as pretty, young looking, sexy and in shape as Jlo the whore

by Anonymousreply 162September 12, 2019 1:46 AM

R158, have you seen this YouTube clip where MC calls the Grammys boring and bitches about that year when she lost in every category? I laughed at her foolishness when she referred to the artists who won in those categories as being awarded for "obscure" songs.

Seal, Alanis Morissette, Annie Lennox, Aneta Baker, Joni Mitchell, Van Morrison and The Chieftains. Yeah, obscure artists and recordings, Every single one of them.

I do remember the look of disbelief on that nitwit Brandy's face when Jagged Little Pill was named AOTY. It looked like bitchface. And Mariah boasting about how she was #1 for almost the whole year and still didn't win a Grammy reveals that she may gone to the ceremony expecting it to be "her" year, much like Whitney had walked away with three trophies a couple of years prior to that for "The Bodyguard".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163September 12, 2019 6:04 AM

I think the character from glitter that was played by the top chef lady was a dig at j.ho, she was using glitters vocals and trying to pass them off as their own. Something 50 year old j.ho is known for.

by Anonymousreply 164September 12, 2019 6:16 AM

[quote] She think she’s a sex kitten and dresses like a porn star.

She's a sex whale and dresses like an elephant.

by Anonymousreply 165September 12, 2019 9:20 AM

She had the chance to be the Christopher Cross of the 1991 Grammy Awards.

by Anonymousreply 166September 12, 2019 10:34 AM

R163, lmao she thought that those artists were obscure. Jagged Little Pill was not obscure by any means. It was EVERYWHERE and it is still played on alternative and oldies radio. And if the grammy's are so boring, why was she so anally hurt that she lost? I'm just sad that ever since she lost, her clothes seem to have disappeared.

by Anonymousreply 167September 12, 2019 11:05 PM

Has anybody weighed this bitch lately?? Or does she always break the scale?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168September 26, 2019 8:22 PM

Why does this ho refer to her fans as lambs? Is it because they have the intelligence of sheep?

by Anonymousreply 169September 28, 2019 2:27 PM

Mariah has mental health issues. I think she is bi polar. Anyway she is also an alcoholic. And she has not taken care of her voice. She had a magnificent voice. In some ways she reminds me of Whitney. Because the final days of Whitney, her voice was not even close to what it had been.

by Anonymousreply 170September 28, 2019 2:53 PM

Whitney could at least sing in the middle register even in her final years. She lost her high notes completely but could still carry a tune. Mariah can't sing at all. She's forced to do the whispery cooing when she has to sing softly and, apart from the odd dog whistle note, can't sing in her head voice either.

by Anonymousreply 171September 28, 2019 2:57 PM

Mariah has abused her voice with excessive drinking, partying, etc. She probably also could do with an examination to see if she has nodules on her vocal chords.

by Anonymousreply 172September 28, 2019 3:49 PM

This is scary

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173September 28, 2019 3:58 PM

[quote] Why does this ho refer to her fans as lambs?

Because this bitch loves to eat lamb chops. A whole platter of them! With extra butter, biscuits, mashed potatoes, gravy and yams!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174September 28, 2019 7:42 PM

R170, she came out as bipolar a few months ago (to nobody's surprise). She's on meds now and she has been acting more mellow compared to what she acted like before.

by Anonymousreply 175September 28, 2019 7:47 PM

R168. Mary Jo, I can’t believe you said that!

by Anonymousreply 176September 28, 2019 7:54 PM

All her music released in the last decade ALL sounds the same. That R&B/rent-a-rapper shit is TIRED.

by Anonymousreply 177September 28, 2019 7:55 PM

R177, The Emancipation of Mimi is a very good album. But nothing she did afterwards is worth listening to.

by Anonymousreply 178September 28, 2019 7:59 PM

Her career went down in flames because queen Jlo cursed her.

by Anonymousreply 179September 28, 2019 8:20 PM

If things had turned out differently at the Grammys the year she got shut out and she'd won four or five awards that night, would she have stayed married to Mottola for a while longer? Her humiliation at the Grammys was reportedly the final nail in the coffin and Mimi was overheard yelling at Tommy in the lobby that he didn't have the power to get her even one award. She seems like a gold digger ho who broke up the marriage of the head of Sony Music so that she could become a star.

by Anonymousreply 180September 29, 2019 7:12 AM

She’s a fat ugly overrated singer with no artistic n creative value. Lol at her deeply discounted singles to buy her fake #1. No wonder she has never been respected like Whitney

by Anonymousreply 181September 29, 2019 7:23 AM

I remember when Aretha Franklin started singing MC's "Touch My Body" in her concerts. I wish Aretha had released it as a single and it had gone to #1. It would have driven Mariah crazy that more people wanted to touch Aretha's body (and her giant tatas) than hers.

by Anonymousreply 182September 29, 2019 7:29 AM

R180, she was incredibly naïve to think she'd win the biggest awards that night. As if Jagged Little Pill wasn't a bigger hit than Daydream. You can see the look of shock on Brandy's face when Alanis wins the award for album of the year.

by Anonymousreply 183September 29, 2019 5:57 PM

I love me some Mariah but I cannot believe she actually said Jagged Little Pill was "obacure". JlP may not have had a 5 or so number one songs on billboard likes hers did but it surely sold more.

by Anonymousreply 184September 29, 2019 6:05 PM

R183, she might have felt she had a realistic shot at "Pop Vocal Female", "R&B Vocal Female", "Pop Vocal Collaboration", "Pop Album", and "Record of the Year". Seal winning ROTY was unexpected as was Joni Mitchell winning Pop Album. Not that they didn't deserve to, but "Kiss from a Rose" wasn't considered a favorite to win three awards that night.

AOTY seems like a foregone conclusion that JLP would win, but the Grammys were notorious for some extremely dubious choices. Just the year before JLP won, they gave AOTY to Tony Fucking Bennett's MTV Unplugged album. Talk about out of touch and irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 185September 29, 2019 6:14 PM

Major fat ugly overrated has been

by Anonymousreply 186September 29, 2019 6:18 PM

Her reality TV show didn't do her any favors.

And that manager! Trashy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187September 29, 2019 6:30 PM

R184, that shows how she was out of touch, even then. JLP was iconic--think of how many times people quote "Ironic" or the spoofs of "Ironic" and "You Oughta Know". It sold way more than Daydream.

by Anonymousreply 188September 29, 2019 6:56 PM

Kiss from a Rose holds up, so does Jagged Little Pill.

by Anonymousreply 189September 29, 2019 7:06 PM

It's amazing how much MOOriah's career has completely sucked since leaving Mottola!

by Anonymousreply 190September 30, 2019 2:19 PM

These poor men! SHe's fucking ginormous and FAT

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191September 30, 2019 2:23 PM

It takes 5 men to lift this bitch up!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192September 30, 2019 2:24 PM

Look at the strain on their faces, I bet they have back problems for life now!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193September 30, 2019 2:26 PM

What does Mariah eat that makes her so fat?

by Anonymousreply 194September 30, 2019 2:57 PM

That whale has never exercised in her life. Look at Jlo, much younger, much more beautiful and in much much much much better shape

by Anonymousreply 195September 30, 2019 7:55 PM

R194, well we know from her song Honey, that Mariah likes to drink lots of jizz....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196September 30, 2019 7:57 PM

Mariah will hit number one at age 49.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197October 1, 2019 4:00 AM

Mariah lost something with all the plastic surgery and sluttiness. She had a raw appeal when she was younger. And the music seemed to matter. Now she looks like that porn star that imitated her.

Young Mariah was a musical treasure. But she is gone now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198October 1, 2019 4:50 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199October 1, 2019 4:57 PM

Madonna is Joan Crawford and Mariah is Mae West.

by Anonymousreply 200October 1, 2019 4:58 PM

Mariah is a much lesser talented Mama Cass at this point.

by Anonymousreply 201October 2, 2019 5:01 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202October 3, 2019 7:45 PM

One whole pie just for herself!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203October 3, 2019 7:46 PM

On her second plate of pasta!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204October 3, 2019 7:46 PM

She looks awful here!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205October 3, 2019 7:47 PM

It has not JLo lover. Mariah had a top ten hit last year. This year she will have a number one hit!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206October 15, 2019 2:18 AM

So this bitch keeps getting #1s because the radio keeps playing her same shitty music over and over again?

by Anonymousreply 207October 15, 2019 2:36 AM

Is there a link to the video of Mariah acting totally manic on MTV's TRL?

by Anonymousreply 208October 15, 2019 4:21 AM

Mariah in OP's photo reminds me: it's been a while since I had a really good ham.

by Anonymousreply 209October 15, 2019 5:10 AM

Mariah seems insecure about herself much like the late Aretha used to be. Hence the shade thrown at women she perceives as rivals or threats.

The thing I admire about Whitney Houston was that she was always very secure about her musical abilities and didn't feel the need to knock down other women's talents to feel better about herself. In fact that bitchy comment about Paula Abdul that someone posted may be the only instance I know of Whitney saying anything uncomplimentary about another artist's work.

by Anonymousreply 210October 15, 2019 10:11 AM

R210, Whitney was extremely jealous of Mariah's success. They recorded that awful duet later on, but they couldn't stand each other.

Whitney was also jealous of Madonna and said some real nasty things about her in interviews.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211October 15, 2019 7:04 PM

R211, no. She just hated constantly being compared to and asked about Mariah, all the time. You could see she would get so anxious and irritated when asked about her. They really don't sound similar, yet the music press was constantly trying to pit them against one another. And btw, they actually became friends after the duet. Madonna and Whitney liked each other too. There was a brief period during the Sex book scandal where Whitney allegedly said she would drown her kids if they turned up like Madonna (and Madonna said in those private letters that she was better than her), but that didn't last too long, and in the mid 90s, when Whitney was asked about Madonna, she defended her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212October 15, 2019 7:24 PM

Whitney is dead, Madonna is irrelevant, JLo needs to co-headline an event to bring relevance

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213October 16, 2019 4:32 AM

True, R212. Whitney constantly being asked what she thought of and about Mariah was so much sexist nonsense. These presenters and interviewers would never have dreamed of repeatedly asking Michael Jackson what he thought of Lionel Richie, Bruce Springsteen what he thought about Prince, or Billy Joel what he thought of Phil Collins. But, you know, a global superstar of music is assumed to be insecure and catty just because she's a woman, so she needs to be constantly asked about her "rival".

by Anonymousreply 214October 16, 2019 6:21 PM

Poor Mariah;

After [italic]Glitter[/italic],

Her career

Hit the shitter

by Anonymousreply 215September 2, 2020 5:57 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!