Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

DataLounge Stuff I Like

I’ve used an iPad for a few years, and until the upgrade a few weeks ago, I never knew I had any W&Ws. They were not visible on an iPad. Now, I see that I get them all the time. People are quite generous with them. I’ve started clicking on them myself for others now, too, since I see how they work. It’s nice feedback.

I just discovered today that if you click on the red coloured authenticated names, you get a peek at the person’s permanent record. It’s also a handy way to see only the threads that YOU created, which I don’t think you can find another way. It was a feature that I thought was lacking.

Good job, Muriel! I will send you a cookie through inter office mail.

by Anonymousreply 19August 28, 2019 10:36 PM

[quote] Now, I see that I get them all the time.

The green bell?

by Anonymousreply 1August 19, 2019 8:30 PM

I get the green bell notifications, but when I click, it says I have an outdated account even though I signed up in the new format.

by Anonymousreply 2August 19, 2019 8:34 PM

The green bell is a mess.

Bring back the old WWs!!!

by Anonymousreply 3August 19, 2019 8:35 PM

Yes, the green bell! It works for me. I’m authenticated. Are you, R1, R2 & R3?

by Anonymousreply 4August 19, 2019 8:49 PM

The waters.

by Anonymousreply 5August 20, 2019 1:33 PM

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 6August 23, 2019 4:47 PM

I like the foot rubs. The complimentary lunch buffet is a close second.

by Anonymousreply 7August 23, 2019 5:23 PM

I used to like the chicken salad, but then they added capers and raisins.

by Anonymousreply 8August 23, 2019 5:54 PM

^^^ I thought that capers and raisins were some bizarre combination you made up to freak us all out, but it looks like there are tons of recipes that call for them to be combined with roasted cauliflower and one that had it down as a sauce, yuck!

by Anonymousreply 9August 23, 2019 6:31 PM

I like the yearly international conventions. I write it off as a business expense. I like to hobnob with the jet set, when I can get away. It was in NYC two years ago. Then London last May. Where is it this year?

by Anonymousreply 10August 23, 2019 6:55 PM

R10, I heard it’s Kenosha.

by Anonymousreply 11August 23, 2019 7:34 PM

R11, Not again!

Cheap Muriel.

by Anonymousreply 12August 23, 2019 7:37 PM

OP:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13August 23, 2019 7:46 PM

I liked my 20-year-member recognition gift - a solid pewter miniature dialling wand brooch with topaz and turquoise insets. It’s a statement piece that I’ll pin to my caftan with pride!

by Anonymousreply 14August 23, 2019 9:09 PM

As a DL mascot, did the Christmas Moose get a sash in recognition of his services?

by Anonymousreply 15August 23, 2019 9:44 PM

Ha!

by Anonymousreply 16August 24, 2019 1:27 AM

I just realized, i think one might be able to figure out how to use the W&W thingy to figure out how many people are reading a thread and willing to hit the button. Maybe for another time.

by Anonymousreply 17August 28, 2019 9:03 PM

Why do you care about someone else rating your post?

by Anonymousreply 18August 28, 2019 9:27 PM

R18, are you asking me personally, or why anyone might?

by Anonymousreply 19August 28, 2019 10:36 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!