Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Gay Diversity

What a time to be a fit white gay male.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152August 22, 2019 1:29 AM

Gay Basic Bitches with memberships to the free clinic

by Anonymousreply 1August 19, 2019 7:01 PM

It's difficult to judge with the sunglasses. Is even one of them handsome and charming? Maybe the youngIsh one in the back with the shades and black bandanna on his neck?

by Anonymousreply 2August 19, 2019 7:05 PM

It should be a law that groups of white people include at least 3 People of Color before being photographed so as not to offend the easily offended.

by Anonymousreply 3August 19, 2019 7:06 PM

Chicago queens - the ones in front need to lay off the steroids. Little Jim's bar in the back of the pic has seen a lot in its day - crazy place.

by Anonymousreply 4August 19, 2019 7:08 PM

I've never liked the shredded aesthetic so pics like this never trigger me.

by Anonymousreply 5August 19, 2019 7:09 PM

[quote]Is even one of them handsome and charming?

And heir to a throne?

by Anonymousreply 6August 19, 2019 7:10 PM

If any of them are latino, hispanic, or Italian origin they are not white, according to current DL Crypto-Fascist Race Theories.

by Anonymousreply 7August 19, 2019 7:10 PM

There is currently an active thread on Datalounge called "Billy Reilich - Massive Muscle Bull" in which gays are slobbering over a guy who looks like he stepped out of OP's photo: white and juiced.

Of course, Datalounge loves the staight steroid abusers but hates the gay ones.

by Anonymousreply 8August 19, 2019 7:15 PM

Where are their Latino Husbears?

by Anonymousreply 9August 19, 2019 7:15 PM

Such is the power of social media:

A handful of clone-like gay men--all of whom look "flames from space" gay take some photos on Instagram.

A DLer with low self esteem decides that these 12 shirtless white men = Every Single Gay Man In Chicago rather than 12 Pathetic Homosexuals Who Were Skinny And Taunted In High School And Thus Need To Show Off Their Shirtless Bodies At Age 40.

OP, you need to spend less time gazing wistfully at social media.

Maybe you can team up with the Bear Hunter guy from LA from that other thread.

by Anonymousreply 10August 19, 2019 7:17 PM

Oh, the hateful jealousy this thread in engendering

Bravo OP!

Bonus points for working in the racial aspect

by Anonymousreply 11August 19, 2019 7:19 PM

They do have one black friend

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 19, 2019 7:25 PM

^^^ At least give him a name and not make him a token, he is Jonathan Ferrell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13August 19, 2019 7:32 PM

It doesn't seem to be sunny.

by Anonymousreply 14August 19, 2019 7:33 PM

Sadly, this reflects reality for many gays, even in big cities.

They tend to hang around the same type of people theyre attracted to

by Anonymousreply 15August 19, 2019 7:34 PM

Here in Houston, we do hang out with our fellow white friends, but it’s a widely known fact that we hook up with Hispanics. We just don’t bring them to brunch.

by Anonymousreply 16August 19, 2019 7:39 PM

R12 Who’s the N... oh really... we can’t anymore? Why?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17August 19, 2019 7:59 PM

The only time these guys bother me is when they preach diversity on social media and all they’re admirers praise them to high heavens for supporting BLM or some crap like that.

Knew a guy like that. Always on social media bragging about how much he supports black rights, immigrants, what a big fan of AOC he was, and how” freaks” are so great. He got a ton of compliments for it yet every single picture he posts on social was him being surrounded by white gays.

by Anonymousreply 18August 19, 2019 9:23 PM

Very Chicago - lots of pretty basic Midwestern boys. Yawn

by Anonymousreply 19August 19, 2019 9:26 PM

What would excite you r19?

I’m genuinely curious.

by Anonymousreply 20August 19, 2019 10:22 PM

Gay Prides in Brazil always look admirably diverse. In Paris, too.

by Anonymousreply 21August 19, 2019 10:34 PM

The problem is that Chicago remains incredibly segregated, although I've noticed it's a lot better than 15 years ago. A lot of black gay men won't even go to boystown because they don't feel welcome or accepted there.

by Anonymousreply 22August 19, 2019 10:48 PM

Diversity equals Miscellaneous.

So what?

by Anonymousreply 23August 19, 2019 10:48 PM

You don't exist unless you are photogenic.

by Anonymousreply 24August 19, 2019 10:51 PM

I don’t blame them for living it up now. Most will become invisible after 30; 40 for the attractive ones.

by Anonymousreply 25August 19, 2019 10:53 PM

I don’t see the problem here. All of these guys are perfect 10, super hot men. Does all this hotness in one photo make some guys jealous or insecure?

by Anonymousreply 26August 19, 2019 10:59 PM

R25 you live with lousy filters and many stereotypes. First of all, look closely at this group - some are over 40. Well done Muscle Marys on the circuits get action into their early 50s. It may be grisly to you, but they are not invisible. Terry Miller. Usually they will develop some gimmicks by 40 that provide some traction.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27August 19, 2019 11:02 PM

What a time to judge people on the color of their skin.

by Anonymousreply 28August 19, 2019 11:03 PM

R25 Yes, a lot of guys are seething with jealousy.

That is human nature and it's not our problem.

by Anonymousreply 29August 19, 2019 11:03 PM

I wouldn’t blame blacks not wanting to go to Boystown. I always go to pick up midwestern corn-fed white boys. If I wanted blacks I’d go to ATL.

by Anonymousreply 30August 19, 2019 11:05 PM

R30 Where do you go for your Coloreds though, Darling?

by Anonymousreply 31August 19, 2019 11:08 PM

God, their faces are busted!

by Anonymousreply 32August 19, 2019 11:09 PM

R31, we call them Negroes. Try to keep up, hon.

by Anonymousreply 33August 19, 2019 11:17 PM

Dear OP, what is the point of this thread?

Do you want us to start a witch-hunt and demand that these guys fornicate with the men of your choice?

You can't fight free choice.

by Anonymousreply 34August 19, 2019 11:18 PM

Is this why some cities have gone to having "Black Pride" and "LatinX Pride" and "Bear Pride"? I've heard that DC has a black pride that is now overrun with white Hill staffers looking for BBC.

Be friends with whomever you want and fuck whomever you want, but I do wish that we could all play in the same sandbox. Our small community gets even smaller when we start breaking off into subgroups.

by Anonymousreply 35August 19, 2019 11:20 PM

I don’t know why white boys in a group are being picked on. If you go on social media, you’ll see PLENTY of gay Asian groups, gay black groups, and gay Latin groups.

by Anonymousreply 36August 19, 2019 11:21 PM

R35 You can wish for that. But you can'f force people to do stuff.

by Anonymousreply 37August 19, 2019 11:22 PM

Fast forward 25 years. 1/2 of them will be dead, the other half's social life will consist of coffee after AA or NA meetings.

by Anonymousreply 38August 19, 2019 11:24 PM

I’m open to all races sexually and have been with most. One time I was in the mood to be with an Asian guy and posted so on Grindr, a black guy then immediately messaged me and berated me for whittling people down to race and for not wanting to fuck black guys (not true). My response to him was “you’re so open, why don’t you fuck black guys?” That really pissed him off and I had to block him. Reminds me of trannies who won’t fuck other Ts but want everyone else to want to Fuck them.

by Anonymousreply 39August 19, 2019 11:27 PM

This thread was started by Sheldon Lee Cooper.

by Anonymousreply 40August 19, 2019 11:32 PM

R31 - Mobile Alabama 👨🏿

by Anonymousreply 41August 19, 2019 11:34 PM

This thread is delightful and so predictable.

These guys in the OP pic are hot now...TODAY. Who cares what they will be in 25 years? Most of the planet will be dead by then.

And spare us your faux outrage about the fact that they are white. Work on your body, appearance and presentation and be hot yourselves rather than bitching because these guys will not give you the time of day.

by Anonymousreply 42August 20, 2019 2:35 AM

R42 with Trump in charge... we’ll all be dead by then.

by Anonymousreply 43August 20, 2019 2:41 AM

What is your point r43?

No matter who’s in charge in the USA, we all still doomed because modern society is degrading the planet.

Better to be hot, and to fuck all the hot guys that you can, in the time that remains to us.

by Anonymousreply 44August 20, 2019 2:51 AM

[quote]Reminds me of trannies who won’t fuck other Ts but want everyone else to want to Fuck them.

Trannies are so transphobic, which makes them ANTI- Woman!!!

by Anonymousreply 45August 20, 2019 2:58 AM

R44 is on her period

by Anonymousreply 46August 20, 2019 3:27 AM

So ridiculous.

Black gay guys frequently socialize in black-only groups, I'd actually say the vast majority of them do. People are culturally predicated and seeing groups of "like with like" is the most common observation. Check out Gay Black Twitter and see what the real world offers your eyeballs!

Here in NYC you NEVER see South East Asian people associating with ANY other groups at all. I see Indian Millennials out on the weekends in groups which are completely homogenous. I always assume their parents don't like them to have friends of different races or cultures, heaven forbid they get the idea to marry one!

by Anonymousreply 47August 20, 2019 3:41 AM

These hypertrophic guys are so disproportionate that they all look like pinheads.

by Anonymousreply 48August 20, 2019 3:43 AM

I think the OP has Christian parents.

The OP and old-style Christians like to tell others how to behave.

There's a word for people like them. They are "Holier-Than-Thou".

by Anonymousreply 49August 20, 2019 3:44 AM

OP

Scottie, wears a you a going with out you a shawl! Running out with the night air about to set in! Yous come back her fo an you a catch your death of dampness!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50August 20, 2019 3:58 AM

Someone pointed out in the bear photo thread, groups of 8 or more aren't all friends. There'll be people that are not liked and just hangers on.

by Anonymousreply 51August 20, 2019 5:20 AM

Perhaps, R51. They may be members of a sporting team or, perhaps. The Boys Town Chamber Of Commerce.

I made a conscious decision to join formal groups like these because I'm a bit lazy in making friends. But I suspect the OP is worse than me. I would never whine about people and DEMAND that they make friends with me.

by Anonymousreply 52August 20, 2019 8:45 AM

That many shirtless guys on a hot day? Pretty musky, I'd say, and probably a decent whiff of BO.

by Anonymousreply 53August 20, 2019 8:54 AM

Let's imagine that the guys in OP's pic are indeed racist. Now why would any racial minority want these racist guys' validation and join this very circle of racist friends? Why even bother with these racist losers? Why would white guys, who are not racist, seek the company of these racist bores? I mean, why do we waste time watching, and caring, about human, racist turds? Because they are pretty, racist turds? That is so sad.

by Anonymousreply 54August 20, 2019 8:54 AM

[Quote]I don’t blame them for living it up now. Most will become invisible after 30; 40 for the attractive ones.

Oh honey, you think those guys are under 30?

by Anonymousreply 55August 20, 2019 9:02 AM

I don’t mind this group. I think it’s rather refreshing to see something other than black-on-black gun violence in Chicago.

by Anonymousreply 56August 20, 2019 1:04 PM

The thoughts I have when I see photos like these are 1. Is physical beauty the only measure by which you chose your friends? and 2. I wonder how much you could accomplish for yourself and others if you cut your gym time by half and spent those hours, say, working in service to society.

by Anonymousreply 57August 20, 2019 1:14 PM

I don't think they're racist. People tend to "tribe up" and don't even realize they're doing it.

by Anonymousreply 58August 20, 2019 1:16 PM

[quote]I wonder how much you could accomplish for yourself and others if you cut your family time by half and spent those hours, say, working in service to society.

Or this.

by Anonymousreply 59August 20, 2019 1:19 PM

Kinda agree on R57. There is a lot of narcissism on display in that one photo. But as we’ve become accustomed to social media, for some reason we don’t see that as unhealthy or shameful anymore. It really isn’t a noble goal FYI. Fine if you want to do it. But to either need the validation or want that attention for your body isn’t a worthwhile long term life goal.

by Anonymousreply 60August 20, 2019 4:42 PM

R57 Or how much more interesting you could be if you spent that time reading books.

by Anonymousreply 61August 20, 2019 4:45 PM

Am I the only one who doesn’t find any of these guys attractive?

by Anonymousreply 62August 20, 2019 4:50 PM

Reading skills R62. I hinted as much at R2.

by Anonymousreply 63August 20, 2019 4:52 PM

How DARE they be white!

by Anonymousreply 64August 20, 2019 4:53 PM

They're so hot they can infect me with anything.

by Anonymousreply 65August 20, 2019 4:56 PM

[QUOTE]I hinted as much

You hinted. I said it. Next time either shit or get off the pot.

by Anonymousreply 66August 20, 2019 4:57 PM

They are all nice looking physical specimens. The Instagram account holder is very very happy with his self.

by Anonymousreply 67August 20, 2019 4:57 PM

R63 You think I read this whole damn thread?

by Anonymousreply 68August 20, 2019 5:04 PM

🤟 R68

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69August 20, 2019 5:17 PM

The only time I see “gay diversity” is when an ad pops up for truvada or biktarvy.....they have 31 flavors of gays: a black, an Asian, a tranny, a white dude. In reality, blacks stick with blacks and whites stick with whites

by Anonymousreply 70August 20, 2019 5:39 PM

They’re a bunch of circuit guys. Not sure how much diversity there is among that crowd, mostly as a function of who wants to attend those events. Once you’ve narrowed the pool that much, the lack of diversity is not too surprising. Because clearly to be in that group you must be ripped.

The poster above who said these guys were likely skinny high schoolers who beefed up is right. This one — the good-looking guy in the back with the black bandanna — said as much in this post from Memorial Day weekend:

[quote] Finally have the body I've always wanted!

Also, huge props to R27 for the “Gypsy” reference.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71August 20, 2019 8:40 PM

Uh....what about the black gays who make it a point to only hook up with white dudes?

by Anonymousreply 72August 20, 2019 8:45 PM

R71 that guy deserves congratulations for his hard work on his body. Why would someone who has the dedication and willpower to achieve that body want to spend their time associating with fugs?

by Anonymousreply 73August 20, 2019 8:53 PM

I think they're all hot and it's a happy cheerful picture. Fuck the hateful racists.

by Anonymousreply 74August 20, 2019 8:55 PM

My trained eye singled him out in R2.

by Anonymousreply 75August 20, 2019 8:56 PM

I can tell you exactly why these circuit events are all white. I went to a few of those “circuit parties” in my early 30s. The White Party was exactly that - 99% white guys! Also, the Atlantis cruise we took from LA to Cabo was 99% white. I just figured it was the price of these events that prevented blacks and Latinos from going. The cruise alone was $4500 for the two of us plus an $1100 bar bill. I would think this prices out most people of color.

by Anonymousreply 76August 20, 2019 9:02 PM

[quote]I would think this prices out most people of color.

It could also have to do with the closet case situation.

by Anonymousreply 77August 20, 2019 9:06 PM

Give me a break, R76. Like everyone there is paying those prices? Many of the guys at those parties and cruises are there for free, or their sugar daddies are paying for it, and it’s because they’re pretty and white. These broke gymrats don’t have any money they actually earned.

by Anonymousreply 78August 20, 2019 9:08 PM

R78 you really don’t anyone like those guys in the OPs pic, do you?

High achievers in their careers AND the gym are very common.

by Anonymousreply 79August 20, 2019 9:19 PM

Many gym rats and circuit queens are middle class. That's how it's all possible.

by Anonymousreply 80August 20, 2019 9:21 PM

R75 You are a connoisseur!

by Anonymousreply 81August 20, 2019 9:54 PM

I was being bitter and snarky anyway. There are a couple guys there who might have handsome faces. Aging Ken Doll with the squinty eyes and dog tag, no glasses, might actually be cute! And the guy he has his arm around. The troup gets more homely as you move out from the centre, on left and right, equally. Odd.

by Anonymousreply 82August 20, 2019 10:02 PM

R82 - you’re very observant! Impressive. It’s still so different to see a photo and then see that man in person taking into account his mannerisms and personality. It’s amazing how much humor and wit can make up for in the looks department. This has become so much more relevant to me as I’ve gotten older. I’ll take a 6 or 7 as long as his conversation is on point.

by Anonymousreply 83August 20, 2019 10:32 PM

R83 You are a more sensible connoisseur!

by Anonymousreply 84August 20, 2019 10:35 PM

White racist, each one of them.

by Anonymousreply 85August 20, 2019 10:41 PM

R85 and his pals (wearing their special pants)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86August 20, 2019 10:43 PM

[quote] All of these guys are perfect 10, super hot men

Um, that would be YOUR definition of perfect.

Personally, I have never seen so much blandness in my entire life. Like a glass of water, next to a pitcher of sangria.

I could never live without the variety of human beings in this world. I find people of various races, shades, languages, and orientations, to be utterly fascinating.

If I had to be surrounded by the people in the op's picture, 24 hours a day, seven days a week? I'd probably OFF myself.

by Anonymousreply 87August 20, 2019 10:48 PM

R87 And do you have a husband?

by Anonymousreply 88August 20, 2019 10:50 PM

I was at the Market Days--lots of very normal, not attractive gay men. Some trying to show off their bodies--a real mix. Some happy and looking good and some pathetic, aging circuit queens. And lots of normal, sometimes, style-challenged younger gay men.

by Anonymousreply 89August 20, 2019 10:51 PM

I would love to know where the hot black gays are at. I know they have their groups like the one in the OP but I've never seen or heard a whiff of it. Just token minorities there to chase white men. So please show me where.

by Anonymousreply 90August 20, 2019 11:00 PM

R90 - the hot black dudes generally don’t go to functions in public for fear of being seen. When I’m in the mood for “chocolate” I simply go on an app and state that I’m looking for brothers on the down low for hot action. I get more offers than I can field.

by Anonymousreply 91August 20, 2019 11:04 PM

Start a thread posting pics of groups of masculine nonstereotypical gay dudes

by Anonymousreply 92August 20, 2019 11:05 PM

I’m not into groups of stereotypical gay guys. So tired

by Anonymousreply 93August 20, 2019 11:05 PM

R87 - must suck to be you. What is the reason we exclude you from our group? There’s a flaw in you that we must detect and therefore can’t accept you.

by Anonymousreply 94August 20, 2019 11:07 PM

R94 His flaw is his sanctimonious, quasi-Christian, SJW, probably-fake Virtue-signalling.

by Anonymousreply 95August 20, 2019 11:11 PM

They look masc but something tells me once they open their mouths we're going to be disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 96August 20, 2019 11:31 PM

[quote] What is the reason we exclude you from our group? There’s a flaw in you that we must detect and therefore can’t accept you. —White guy that is in lots of pics like the OP example

Sorry R94, but you're bland and boring.

Own it. Accept it.

by Anonymousreply 97August 20, 2019 11:36 PM

R90 they're taking they're own picture someplace down the block. People create problems, some people aren't happy without hate and divide. Lots of that here. Jussie Smalldick must an idol to many of you.

by Anonymousreply 98August 20, 2019 11:42 PM

I remember a few years back when everyone was making articles about gay dating and having a preference was being racist, now you dont hear a peep about that anymore, guess what, trying to force people to do certain people almost always results in backlash and doesnt work at all, same issue here.

by Anonymousreply 99August 20, 2019 11:46 PM

You're right R99. There was a backlash against those do-gooder Christians and now there's a backlash against the do-gooder Woke PC Brigade.

by Anonymousreply 100August 20, 2019 11:49 PM

“Do gooder woke brigade” makes me ill. I hope they all burn in a grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 101August 20, 2019 11:52 PM

R71 his instagram suggests to me he was chubby not a skinny boy, and his dream body has been getting built and thinner. He's cute. The instagram reveals nothing of his occupation or interests, it's very bland but he seems to have attractive male and female friends, perhaps a best female friend or a sister he hangs with. He has adorable pets!

by Anonymousreply 102August 21, 2019 12:09 AM

The Instagram at R71 looks like an absolute bore.

by Anonymousreply 103August 21, 2019 12:16 AM

But he has that body r103....and that triumphs over all.

by Anonymousreply 104August 21, 2019 1:18 AM

Well if you want to get picky, inside the rules of that game, his body goes back and forth between ripped and seductively florid.

by Anonymousreply 105August 21, 2019 1:24 AM

They all smell terribly!

by Anonymousreply 106August 21, 2019 1:31 AM

If you are looking for black guys, go on grindr or especially jack'd. Jack'd is known as the app for black gays. Be warned, the interface is from 1999.

by Anonymousreply 107August 21, 2019 1:34 AM

And here you are, R71, probably a fat slob and boring, single Jealous and hate the fat sack of shit that you are.

by Anonymousreply 108August 21, 2019 1:34 AM

That was supposed to be R103, not R71.

by Anonymousreply 109August 21, 2019 1:35 AM

Ewwww too much steroids.

I prefer a Justin Trudeau kinda guy. That man's fuckin ass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110August 21, 2019 1:37 AM

I am fascinated at the number of you who clearly don't know any black gays. You don't have to fuck them or even shake hands, but get to know at least one, so that you are not carrying around these horrible stereotypes. I'm assuming that the ones spouting this nonsense are deplorable baby boomers who will be dead soon, but Jesus. I'm just surprised someone hasn't posted about the extra bones that black people are supposed to have.

by Anonymousreply 111August 21, 2019 1:43 AM

r111 I love black dudes, too bad the hot ones are all closeted, all the openly gay black men I met were feminine nelly queens so it's hard to date/befriend them when the desirable ones are all closeted.

by Anonymousreply 112August 21, 2019 1:47 AM

R112, I don't know you or where you live. But if all the black guys that you want are closeted, then maybe you looking in the long places.

by Anonymousreply 113August 21, 2019 1:54 AM

And this would be news or new in the Gay Community? ...Yawn, next..

by Anonymousreply 114August 21, 2019 1:57 AM

They all have the same haircut and bodies. Do American DLers all look like that?

by Anonymousreply 115August 21, 2019 2:28 AM

R115 why of course we ALL look exactly like these muscle marys.

by Anonymousreply 116August 21, 2019 2:31 AM

Anyone who uses the term “Muscle Mary” is at least a 79 year old effeminate queen

by Anonymousreply 117August 21, 2019 2:55 AM

The guys you seen on Instagram are Gen x to millennial. It's not the boomers. Black/brown gays have more luck getting it on with married muscle boomers then ever getting a conversation or time of day from their white millennial aged counterparts. Interesting how that goes...

by Anonymousreply 118August 21, 2019 5:07 AM

r118 that's because they're old and can't be too picky.

by Anonymousreply 119August 21, 2019 5:25 AM

I don't doubt that for a huge number of Insta-thots there is a hefty dose of narcissism at play, but a lot of people on here seem to think that anyone who invests a lot of time and energy into improving their body must be narcissistic trash and that's just not true. It takes a lot of commitment to become and stay muscular, that let's be honest most people do not have, and if that's the body type you want for yourself you shouldn't have to face criticism for it, the same way it's not very acceptable to call out someone for being skinny or overweight. Yes a lot of them are tiresome when they post thirst pics with 'inspirational' thoughts or post comments with irrelevant accompanying photos of them nearly naked, but that's the age we live in now.

Regarding diversity, yes in the pic posted they are all white, but so what? As many in this thread have mentioned, it's human nature to tend towards people who are similar to yourself. It doesn't make them racist and they are not OBLIGED to have friends of multiple ethnicities to prove it. Whenever there are groups of other ethnicities with not a white person in sight the same accusations are not made.

by Anonymousreply 120August 21, 2019 9:12 AM

They do look effeminate, except maybe the dude in the back center wearing shades (not the guy in the cap). The rest look very stereotypically gay.

by Anonymousreply 121August 21, 2019 10:48 AM

R120 Oh, please. (To everything)

"Whenever there are groups of other ethnicities with not a white person in sight the same accusations are not made."

False equivalency.

by Anonymousreply 122August 21, 2019 11:19 AM

R111 - I believe you are talking about the Beebeecee bone ... I've seen evidence of that many times.....

by Anonymousreply 123August 21, 2019 11:28 AM

They'd all have a nasty slapping fight if there were a single thick black cock available for the winner.

by Anonymousreply 124August 21, 2019 11:31 AM

R120, I think it depends on a few things,

Personally, I used to be obsessed with the gym when I was in my 20s. I had the “perfect” body. I had an 8 pac and guys would tell me how beautiful I was on a constant basis. I was also terribly insecure back then. I had zero idea what I wanted to do with my future, I was always broke and depending on others, and outside of my looks, I had little confidence. I also had not dealt with childhood issues that cause desperation.

I’m now getting closer to 40 and I’ve let go of obsessing with the gym. As a result I now have more of a dad bod. I’m muscular but w no visible abs (unless I suck it in). I no longer get the attention I did back then when I’m at a gay beach let’s say, but I now have a career, hobbies and while my number of friends has decreased tremendously, the few I have are beyond amazing. I also was able to afford therapy and dealt with childhood demons. Since I have other areas of my life I get confidence from, I no longer obsess over how I look. I still work out often, but there’s no way I can get back to my old body unless I have up the other things I now get confidence from.

My friends are the same. Many used to work out like me but now they have careers they love, partners, and hobbies that prevent them from having their old six packs. Some people I used to be friends with still have abs and similar bodies as in their early 20s. These people I feel sad for as I don’t see them being passionate in other areas. When you’re in your 20s and only have your body to offer, then that’s ok. But if you’re over 30 and that’s still the only thing you can offer, then you are pathetic. Of course, I also came out very early and went though that mean girl stage in college. Many guys my age came out way later and went though that mean girl phrase way past college.

Of course, there’s always exceptions as well but many times they tend to be very rich (money buys you time in a way), have that 8 pack and have careers they love and partners to share it with. Like I said these are more on the exception side.

If I meet a guy past his 30s still acting like the guys in the OP pic, I run the other way. I still remember being part of those groups in my early 20s, and I remember how miserable and insecure I was back then and my few close friends tell me the same crap.

by Anonymousreply 125August 21, 2019 11:45 AM

From what I've heard from long time posters on DL is that way back in the day gay men got into working so they didn't look like they had HIV. I've been on this site for way too long and I remember the threads on this topic. Then, as HIV became less stigmatized, the working out continued because the community started going through that whole "straight-acting" phase and everyone was determined not to look, act, or sound gay. Now everything seems to be the exact opposite. I've found that more muscles = more queeny and more affected. If you are looking for a gay who is just a regular guy with no pretensions and no purses falling out of his mouth, he's probably going to have a regular body that is probably naturally fit from regular exercise.

by Anonymousreply 126August 21, 2019 1:38 PM

Also dudes work out today to be perceived as - Alpha

by Anonymousreply 127August 21, 2019 4:54 PM

Why do I have the impression that r126 is not as masculine and fit as he thinks he is?

by Anonymousreply 128August 21, 2019 5:02 PM

[quote]Also dudes work out today to be perceived as - Alpha

The more "alpha" you declare yourself to be, the less of a "leader of the pack" you seem.

by Anonymousreply 129August 21, 2019 5:13 PM

R128, nowhere in my post did I say that I was. I was speaking from my own experiences with others. People who are comfortable in their own skin, don’t need to be showboats or pile on muscle.

by Anonymousreply 130August 21, 2019 5:18 PM

I am Glad dudes today feel they need to be ripped and buff. I love it!

by Anonymousreply 131August 21, 2019 5:24 PM

Our interns look like male fitness models. Buff bros in very fitted clothing makes you very eager to be at work.

by Anonymousreply 132August 21, 2019 5:25 PM

There are people on here who sneer at anyone who doesn't have the Muscle Mary bod.

"Gurl, you need to hit the gym!" they say about anyone who doesn't have that body.

Joel (of Joel & Lia fame) was talking about his routine - two gyms, diets, special foods. Sounds exhausting and he looks wan, quite frankly.

Exercise. Run around. Swim...whatever...but this full time dedication makes life look like a punishment...and trust me, they don't look so hot.

by Anonymousreply 133August 21, 2019 5:50 PM

Fucking hell! Is this what we fought for?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134August 21, 2019 5:54 PM

Where is you gurls goin'?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135August 21, 2019 5:55 PM

R134 Scottie is annoying

by Anonymousreply 136August 21, 2019 5:58 PM

They're Orthodox Homosexuals.

This guy's body was fine before.

Now he looks like he's had electric shock treatment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137August 21, 2019 6:06 PM

Whatever fattie r137.

That guy looks much hotter is his after pic. I’m sure he proud of the hard work and dedication to achieve that body. He deserves all the approval that comes with his body.

by Anonymousreply 138August 21, 2019 6:40 PM

r137 both before and after are not my type lol and he still doesnt have abs

by Anonymousreply 139August 21, 2019 6:58 PM

[quote]That guy looks much hotter is his after pic.

he doesn't look hot at all, unless by hot you mean fried.

[quote] I’m sure he proud of the hard work and dedication to achieve that body.

Proud? He's dazed.

[quote]He deserves all the approval that comes with his body.

Clearly he's got yours, Mary. Maybe skinny queens like you and him should find something better to do with your time...something to REALLY be proud of.

by Anonymousreply 140August 21, 2019 7:16 PM

Like your wit, wisdom and sparkling repartee r140?

You’re not his, or anyone’s, target market .

by Anonymousreply 141August 21, 2019 7:21 PM

Orthodox homosexuals is the funniest thing I’ve read all day.

by Anonymousreply 142August 21, 2019 7:49 PM

R138 is fucking delusional and defensive.

These clones REALLY hate being called out, don't they?

I guess it strikes a nerve, when people say that they look exactly alike. Because THEY DO.

But of course, the clones don't want to hear it, because it would mean that they can't think for themselves.

by Anonymousreply 143August 21, 2019 7:55 PM

You know that r143’s an unfuckable bitter geezer

Go on....call me out further gramps.

by Anonymousreply 144August 21, 2019 8:22 PM

You're quite the butch queen, aren't you R144?

Rofl.

by Anonymousreply 145August 21, 2019 8:24 PM

R144, you realise you will be old one day too? (You should hope you make it that long)

by Anonymousreply 146August 21, 2019 8:29 PM

So glad that you will be dead soon r145

by Anonymousreply 147August 21, 2019 8:42 PM

Imposed diversity never works, it often leads to backlash, can't force people to have certain preferences.

by Anonymousreply 148August 21, 2019 8:47 PM

[quote]You know that [R143]’s an unfuckable bitter geezer Go on....call me out further gramps.

You need to eat and take a day off going to the gym, Mary - you might cheer up a little. Have a pudding.

by Anonymousreply 149August 21, 2019 8:56 PM

I guess it all depends on your motives. If you're calling out these gay clones to guilt them into sleeping with you, it will never work, and you will be just as bitter and sexless. If you are instead calling them out to just harass them and make them doubt their life choices, you will probably end up a lot happier.

by Anonymousreply 150August 22, 2019 1:10 AM

R150 either way, those who criticize are not happy themselves.

If they were content and confident about the choices they had made, they would go on about their lives, and not pay any attention to what goes on the Instagram world ...but instead we have r149, for example....

by Anonymousreply 151August 22, 2019 1:23 AM

R134 well If I fought for them, they owe me a gratitude fuck or two.

by Anonymousreply 152August 22, 2019 1:29 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!