Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Meghan and Harry called out as hypocrites for using private jets

London (CNN) -- Environmental campaigners have accused the Duke and Duchess of Sussex of hypocrisy by after the couple used private jets to fly to the south of France and Ibiza in two trips just days apart.

Prince Harry and Meghan, who have spoken out regularly on environmental issues, were photographed boarding a private jet with their three-month-old son Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor twice in the last week, visiting Nice, France.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31August 25, 2019 10:46 AM

Their bald hypocrisy is hilarious

by Anonymousreply 1August 19, 2019 5:13 PM

Maybe Megan didn't know it was a private jet?

by Anonymousreply 2August 19, 2019 5:15 PM

Just like most celebs, they are phony hypocrites.

by Anonymousreply 3August 19, 2019 5:17 PM

Leave them alone!

by Anonymousreply 4August 19, 2019 5:29 PM

Pray, tell OP just which commercial airline -accompanied by security - they're supposed to fly on to Ibiza?

by Anonymousreply 5August 19, 2019 5:30 PM

Meghan should be in COACH where all the WHORES are!

by Anonymousreply 6August 19, 2019 5:32 PM

Or they could just stay in their 4 million refurb and, you know, not jet to Ibiza, r5.

(And then not privately jet back and then two days later not privately jet to Nice and then a few days later not privately jet back)

by Anonymousreply 7August 19, 2019 5:33 PM

There isn't a single person who has enough notoriety to make a significant difference by talking about environmental issues who ALSO is able to travel in the most environmentally friendly way.

That is, if you're famous enough to make a difference, you're famous enough to need security and employees who travel with you.

And only petty bitches would demand that all famous people who talk about environmental issues never take a vacation, ever. That's rightwing nutjob talk. "We shouldn't recycle anything because Bob the Elite went to Ibiza on a jet!"

by Anonymousreply 8August 19, 2019 5:37 PM

[quote] Pray, tell OP just which commercial airline -accompanied by security - they're supposed to fly on to Ibiza?

You seem to be confused. I am not the environmental groups criticizing them to which the article refers. In fact, I am not the writer of the headline nor the article.

by Anonymousreply 9August 19, 2019 5:39 PM

[quote] And only petty bitches would demand that all famous people who talk about environmental issues never take a vacation, ever.

This is their [italic]second[/italic] vacation in two weeks. They went to Ibiza and back, and now Nice and back. And Harry was just in Sicily July 30th, and that was also on a private jet.

How much vacation do they need? And what exactly are they vacationing from?

by Anonymousreply 10August 19, 2019 5:49 PM

Elton John just wrote on his instagram that he paid for the trip, and recognized the need for their security and privacy. He said that Diana was one of his closest friends and that he understands the need for Harry to have security. He also noted that he purchased carbon credits, so the trip is kosher.

by Anonymousreply 11August 19, 2019 5:49 PM

And why do they have to vacation in Ibiza if it does not handle commercial jets? Don't tell me they're in Ibiza for "the privacy"!

by Anonymousreply 12August 19, 2019 5:50 PM

R10. Do you know any wealthy people? Do you understand that wealthy people take vacations all the time, because they are, well, wealthy and can do that.

You will just have to settle for your 2 weeks paid vacation/year.

by Anonymousreply 13August 19, 2019 5:51 PM

R10 is putting Wite-Out on the screen so she doesn't have to see R11's post.

by Anonymousreply 14August 19, 2019 5:53 PM

The question is not at all about whether they [italic]can[/italic] take these gas-guzzling vacations. The question is whether they [italic]should[/italic] take these trips when they are simultaneously being so preachy about the environment.

by Anonymousreply 15August 19, 2019 6:01 PM

Homosexual and beard. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

by Anonymousreply 16August 19, 2019 6:03 PM

I think you should buy a whole case of Sam's Club bottled water and throw it away, just Throw! It! Out! to get revenge on these hypocrites, R15.

by Anonymousreply 17August 19, 2019 6:04 PM

Megan travels a lot for work related purposes. Her schedule and demands are lot more rigorous than your average office worker. She does extensive charity work around the world, which requires research, meetings, and other things. Hence the need for frequent vacations

And Ibiza is perfect. If they went to a public place, they'd be getting mobbed by people left and right who want pictures. Remember the fuss that was made when Megan went to the US Open? They want privacy and to be treated like normal people. Elton paid for it anyway, so this is all much ado about nothing.

by Anonymousreply 18August 19, 2019 6:18 PM

Why do we need “famous” people to tell us about what we can do to save the environment? Anyway, it hasn’t made a difference. God Herself could appear, and bitches would still be drinking their 8oz baby bottles of Poland Spring and Starbucks and throwing them out of their SUVs on the highway.

And I don’t need these cunt stains reminding me every two weeks. We didn’t FORGET.

by Anonymousreply 19August 19, 2019 6:19 PM

How often to private jets crash? They don’t crash very often, do they?

You know, HRH The Duchess of Sussex, Countess of Dumbarton, Princess of the United Kingdom is a National Treasure, and she shouldn’t have to place her Royal Arse on some plebeian fart-cushion and dine upon on a biohazardous tray table.

And she needs a large security detail because, no matter if she’s wallowing in Froggy Hollow or gracing a Moroccan marketplace with her presence, the ENEMY is everywhere. She must be protected at all costs. The future of the Monarchy depends upon it.

Jealous haterz.

by Anonymousreply 20August 19, 2019 6:33 PM

The real issue is why does anyone listen to Harry or Meghan about anything? They know nothing. They have no qualifications.

by Anonymousreply 21August 19, 2019 6:33 PM

[quote] How often to private jets crash? They don’t crash very often, do they?

You'd be surprised.

by Anonymousreply 22August 19, 2019 7:12 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23August 19, 2019 7:16 PM

[quote]Their bald hypocrisy is hilarious

They're BOTH bald?

by Anonymousreply 24August 19, 2019 7:18 PM

[quote]Megan travels a lot for work related purposes. Her schedule and demands are LOT MORE RIGOROUS THAN YOUR AVERAGE OFFICE WORKER. She does extensive charity work around the world, which requires research, meetings, and other things. HENCE THE NEED FOR FREQUENT VACATIONS

You are joking, R18, correct? If this is not sarcasm, it's one of the most delusional posts observed on DL.

[quote] And Ibiza is perfect......They want privacy and to be treated like normal people. Elton paid for it anyway, so this is all much ado about nothing.

Beg to differ. They want secrecy. They want attention when they want it. Editing magazines, hundreds of thousands of dollars in dresses for the Duchess of Dumbarton, over-the-top wedding and official appearances...etc. And then to be left to do as they please: lecturing others on the ills of social media and carbon footprints; only to demonstrate the antithesis of what they admonish.

It IS a big deal. As if throwing Elton's money at this somehow absolves the stunning hypocrisy!

Are you a paid PR person for The Dumbartons?

by Anonymousreply 25August 19, 2019 7:44 PM

[quote] Her schedule and demands are LOT MORE RIGOROUS THAN YOUR AVERAGE OFFICE WORKER.

I worked my fingers to the absolute bone choosing just the right outfits for my models to wear!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26August 19, 2019 7:49 PM

“Thanks, they don’t make it easy.”

Flying commercial is for the poors.

by Anonymousreply 27August 19, 2019 7:53 PM

[Quote]You seem to be confused. I am not the environmental groups criticizing them to which the article refers. In fact, I am not the writer of the headline nor the article.

Yet you still posted the article...

by Anonymousreply 28August 19, 2019 9:40 PM

They are hypocrites. Just like that asshole Leo DiCaprio.

by Anonymousreply 29August 19, 2019 9:46 PM

[quote]Her schedule and demands are lot more rigorous than your average office worker.

My sides!

[quote]She does extensive charity work around the world, which requires research

My sides, part 2! As if that basic bitch “researches” anything except her next crime against fashion.

Those lip fillers at R26 are perfectly hideous.

by Anonymousreply 30August 25, 2019 10:37 AM

^ And she got them while being pregnant.

You'd think an expecting mother would abstain from doing anything potentially detrimental to her unborn child.

by Anonymousreply 31August 25, 2019 10:46 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!