Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jessica Lange ranks her American Horror Story seasons from best to worst

Jessica Lange's official ranking of American Horror Story seasons, from best to worst, is as follows:

1) Asylum (we love a legend with TASTE!)

2) Freak Show (Interesting... very interesting.)

3) Murder House (Deserved better.)

4) Coven (Ummm...)

UNRANKED: Apocalypse (She hasn't actually seen it so we'll let that slide.)

Coven?! Despite the witches being an absolute fan favourite and the fact that she literally won an Emmy for dominating in the role of Fiona Goode, it turns out that Ms Lange really isn't that into season 3 at all.

"I was stunned that year to get the Emmy for that part," she explains. "The part was very well written. I didn't particularly like the whole set up and season and story we were telling. It was not my favourite."

I can’t believe she placed freak show above coven! Do you agree?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28August 19, 2019 11:30 PM

No way should Freak Show be ranked number 2

by Anonymousreply 1August 19, 2019 12:18 AM

Murder House is the best by far. It's not close. Apocalypse is second best

by Anonymousreply 2August 19, 2019 12:21 AM

She was fierce in Coven!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3August 19, 2019 12:25 AM

This woman was a GOD in Asylum. She brought so much depth to the catholic Nun. At parts dramatic, campy, satirical, she was absolute force to watch.

by Anonymousreply 4August 19, 2019 12:27 AM

I never cared for Coven, and I agree 100% with her ranking. Just another reason for me to love her I guess. x

by Anonymousreply 5August 19, 2019 12:28 AM

Murder House, then Asylum, the rest were worthless, but she is right, Coven was stupid as fuck

by Anonymousreply 6August 19, 2019 12:30 AM

I can’t can’t choose between her performance in Asylum or her performance in Coven. Love her work

by Anonymousreply 7August 19, 2019 12:30 AM

Her best acting was in "Coven." The most campy and fun to watch was "Coven."

by Anonymousreply 8August 19, 2019 12:40 AM

^^Meant to say that her best acting was in "Asylum." The most campy and fun to watch was "Coven."

by Anonymousreply 9August 19, 2019 12:41 AM

I also loved apocalypse, but it fizzled out the last few episodes

by Anonymousreply 10August 19, 2019 12:45 AM

SO SO SO EXCITED FOR THE NEW SEASON!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 11August 19, 2019 12:55 AM

That is one gratuitous penis shot in the trailer! Jesus Stamp Collecting Christ!

by Anonymousreply 12August 19, 2019 1:04 AM

Asylum, Murder House, end of list.

Coven was campy but the writing was fucking terrible. None of it made a bit of sense.

by Anonymousreply 13August 19, 2019 1:07 AM

The first half of Coven was fun, but the back half of that season was a mess and often boring.

by Anonymousreply 14August 19, 2019 1:19 AM

I watched the video and I don't know who is taking care of Ms. Lange's face, but she is looking luminous. There was a time a few years back when I thought she was having too much work done and was looking harsh. But in this video she reminded me of Jessica Lange / Tootsie / 1982, and she doesn't look overly fillered or stretched or botoxed, and she actually looks like her younger self. She must be doing something right.

by Anonymousreply 15August 19, 2019 1:24 AM

Holy hell she does look amazing in that video. Money and the right filter work wonders

by Anonymousreply 16August 19, 2019 1:30 AM

After Asylum, Ryan decided to eliminate all of the humor. That’s why AHS seasons 1&2 are the most entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 17August 19, 2019 1:35 AM

Lily Rabe was also fabulous in Asylum! She had the best lines of the entire series.

by Anonymousreply 18August 19, 2019 1:40 AM

Personally, I love Coven except for that horrible male actor who SHALL NOT BE NAMED.

But Asylum? Good God. She destroyed it. That was madness and she made *everyone* a better actor. That’s was the greats do. Everyone steps up, everyone improves. She brought a new level of game to that season that was beyond anything.

by Anonymousreply 19August 19, 2019 2:16 AM

Asylum was transcendent. For her to take a character who was so loathsome in the beginning and by the end you understood why she was the way she was a brilliant piece of acting. I loved her in it.

by Anonymousreply 20August 19, 2019 2:47 AM

No love for apocalypse

by Anonymousreply 21August 19, 2019 4:31 AM

It should be no secret Lange loves freakshow, so much of that season was her idea. She wanted to do that theme.

by Anonymousreply 22August 19, 2019 4:35 AM

The thing is: she was asked to rank her [italic]favorite seasons[/italic] NOT her [italic]favorite performances.[/italic]

So even when talking about Coven she liked what they did with her character but didn't like the overall season.

I guess her choices make sense in that context, especially since she did a lot to shape Freakshow. (Although I'd switch Freakshow and Murder House.)

by Anonymousreply 23August 19, 2019 4:58 AM

Coven sucked as a story

by Anonymousreply 24August 19, 2019 5:53 PM

I love Jessica, but I couldn't finish Freak Show. I thought it was awful.

by Anonymousreply 25August 19, 2019 6:40 PM

R25 It was boring

by Anonymousreply 26August 19, 2019 6:44 PM

Coven was goth Harry Potter fan-fiction. Plus, it was never scary. Her list is right.

by Anonymousreply 27August 19, 2019 11:09 PM

"Murder House" isn't flawless, but its high points keep it ranked on top for me. Among them being the down syndrome girl's incredible performance.

by Anonymousreply 28August 19, 2019 11:30 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!