Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

In a professional setting, do you signal to other gay men that you’re gay

A top management guy from our multinational firm came to visit us in the NY office. It’s well known that he’s gay, with a husband and family.

He met one-on-one with a few of us to see what our progress was on a number of projects.

I kept wondering if I should signal to him that I was gay, just to show there were gay people in the company that were so supportive of his leadership.

In the end, I didn’t say anything but I feel that I should have.

Do you signal anything?

by Anonymousreply 135August 20, 2019 2:48 AM

I can't imagine he'd care.

by Anonymousreply 1August 18, 2019 4:29 AM

Signal? Are you in the 1950s, OP?

by Anonymousreply 2August 18, 2019 4:31 AM

I carry this with me to all office meetings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3August 18, 2019 4:33 AM

I do usually make a joke or reference that signals to other gays that I am. I think people find it comforting that there are other gays in the room.

I know my black friends give a nod to other black people.

by Anonymousreply 4August 18, 2019 4:35 AM

I present hole

by Anonymousreply 5August 18, 2019 4:36 AM

I loudly shriek "Mary!" when I meet them, making sure to be within earshot of at least 20 colleagues.

by Anonymousreply 6August 18, 2019 4:38 AM

Caftan. Earrings.

by Anonymousreply 7August 18, 2019 4:42 AM

When a gay walks into my company, they already know I’m gay because I’ve likely fucked him already

by Anonymousreply 8August 18, 2019 4:43 AM

I hiss if I disagree with something said in a professional setting. This usually signals to the other gays in the room I'm one of them without any of the straights picking up on it.

by Anonymousreply 9August 18, 2019 4:44 AM

R8 is a whore, darling

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 18, 2019 4:49 AM

My thin muslin caftan (often moistened by my hole) , my gold earrings, and my loud exclamations of "YUM!"when hot delivery men come to the office make it pretty clear to everyone.

by Anonymousreply 11August 18, 2019 4:55 AM

I couldn’t give a fuck about who among the people with whom I work is gay and who isn’t. I just want to work with good, honest and talented people. I don’t want to fuck them.

by Anonymousreply 12August 18, 2019 5:03 AM

No. People, despite OP's lack of '?', he asked a question. You need to answer 'yes' or 'no'. It would have made it easier, probably, if he'd included a poll with is question, which all of you have missed.

by Anonymousreply 13August 18, 2019 5:12 AM

R8 Also sounds like he's somewhere on the narcissism-psychopathy spectrum.

by Anonymousreply 14August 18, 2019 5:14 AM

[quote] People, despite OP's lack of '?', he asked a question. You need to answer 'yes' or 'no'.

We do not have to do

[bold] A N Y T H I N G [/bold]

whatsoever, Little Miss Bossybritches,

We can and will do exactly as we please.

Don't like it? Too bad!

by Anonymousreply 15August 18, 2019 5:24 AM

You will obey R15. Resistance is futile. However your special needs are noted (writing in capital letters, either crazy or drunk!).

by Anonymousreply 16August 18, 2019 5:27 AM

[quote] writing in capital letters, either crazy or drunk!).

Neither.

Just making it very clear for you, because you seem very slow.

by Anonymousreply 17August 18, 2019 5:33 AM

"You need to, do you hear me? You have to, yes or no, and nothing else! I demand it! OP asked a question, and you will respond yes or no! You WILL!!!"

by Anonymousreply 18August 18, 2019 5:35 AM

You faggots don't get the question, simply because you don't see the '?'. Dumb (or crazy or drunk).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19August 18, 2019 5:43 AM

R3, This works every time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20August 18, 2019 5:48 AM

Yes, r19 has a YUGE brain, just like Trump. And who are you calling faggot, you cunt?

by Anonymousreply 21August 18, 2019 5:55 AM

R21 is the Faggot-in-Chief.

by Anonymousreply 22August 18, 2019 5:59 AM

Since my workplace is a nest of vipers I do not need to give anyone extra ammunition against me.

by Anonymousreply 23August 18, 2019 6:01 AM

r22=your garden-variety gash.

by Anonymousreply 24August 18, 2019 6:04 AM

Here's a six-pack for R24, yessir.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25August 18, 2019 6:05 AM

I don’t think anyone would ever mistake me for straight.

I’m too bubbly.

by Anonymousreply 26August 18, 2019 6:07 AM

R26 What makes you think you're bubbly? You type flat.

by Anonymousreply 27August 18, 2019 6:10 AM

No, op. Gays hate each other at work. If they r nice to you, thats a red flag.

by Anonymousreply 28August 18, 2019 6:31 AM

I don't discuss my personal life, incl sex, at work. It's not professional. Leave that shit to the secretaries and other bottom feeders.

by Anonymousreply 29August 18, 2019 6:35 AM

I would just say to him, “Hey, girlfriend!”

That should do it.

by Anonymousreply 30August 18, 2019 6:38 AM

Yes, but do it subtly. Not only do I feel a bit more comfortable in the company of other gay men (and this is not about attraction at all but about shared experiences), I also tend to support gay professionals more.

There is one thing to keep in mind, however; if there is any sexual attraction between you at all, think twice unless you are willing to put out.

by Anonymousreply 31August 18, 2019 6:56 AM

FFS, do straight people let each other know they like the opposite sex? Your question asked 'In a professional setting,' which would denote professionalism, so no, it's not appropriate or necessary to let someone know your sexual orientation. You're not going to fuck them on the boardroom table.

by Anonymousreply 32August 18, 2019 7:28 AM

No. It isn’t professional, and it’s never relevant in a professional setting. Since I am perpetually single, there is no way to work my personal (non-existent) romantic life into a conversation, nor would I want to in the setting OP describes.

by Anonymousreply 33August 18, 2019 7:33 AM

No ... why would you do that? I'm pretty sure your visitor is aware that there are other gay men in the organization. He might even resent it. Some of us actually dislike that "hey, paisan!" business that a few gay men feel obliged to do, as though the fact that we both like to sleep with men makes us BFFs.

by Anonymousreply 34August 18, 2019 8:06 AM

I would be offended if I went to your workplace and you made a point of introducing yourself as gay like me. I don't talk about my sexuality or private life at work, i'm out but there's no need to yell it from the rooftops. It's called being professional.

by Anonymousreply 35August 18, 2019 9:40 AM

Ask him if he knows Vivian Vance

by Anonymousreply 36August 18, 2019 10:00 AM

My team leader is gay and the less I have to do with him the better. The guy is basically a 14 year old girl in a 35 year old mans body. He irritates the shit out of me, with his attention seeking and running over to the "attractive" (whore) girl in the office for approval and gossip. He leers over any guy under 25, including myself. He is touchy and gets in your space and brags about being nasty whilst coming out with shite insults and then gets offended when you remind him of his age and how ugly he is. Almost no one can stand him and the only reason he became a team leader was because he stuck around long enough. Thank fuck I only have one more week left before I got back to college and never have to see his slimy face again.

by Anonymousreply 37August 18, 2019 10:07 AM

Reminds me of Kathy Griffin's book. She was in some new work (TV or movie, can't remember) situation and thought the producer was gay and talked to him as though he was gay - all the gay talk, probably "gurlfriend" - eye-rolls, stuff like that. Turned out he was straight.

by Anonymousreply 38August 18, 2019 10:46 AM

No OP. But there's nothing wrong with letting him know how and why you support his leadership style. The fact that he's meeting everyone 1 on 1 is a good sign that he's an effective manager. But, don't signal anything other than professionalism.

by Anonymousreply 39August 18, 2019 12:14 PM

I don't, OP. I don't know what the correct attitude is, tbh. I will say that I am happy at a company, when that's the case. Usually the attitudes are smart and open when I end up saying this.

by Anonymousreply 40August 18, 2019 12:28 PM

I have had two gay bosses in my career (and both while I was still in the closet). They were both extraordinary, the best bosses I’ve ever had. Full of empathy, understanding, and willingness of mentor and support. Now that I’m a boss, I try to act like they did towards me.

The worst bosses I’ve ever had were childless women.

by Anonymousreply 41August 18, 2019 12:37 PM

Nothing wrong with it; if a straight person went to the same university as him, you can be sure that would have been brought up.

And if this person is more senior, it would have been completely appropriate to grab a minute to try to talk about professional advancement as a gay man.

by Anonymousreply 42August 18, 2019 12:43 PM

I had a boss, a childless woman who was a bitch on wheels. She had a child and became a human being. I swear. I was flabbergasted.

by Anonymousreply 43August 18, 2019 1:19 PM

"and then gets offended when you remind him of his age and how ugly he is."

You don't sound very charming yourself, r37.

by Anonymousreply 44August 18, 2019 1:20 PM

If you talk to another gay person in the office the majority of straight people will start rumours and make comments about you fucking etc. So because of dumb straight people you have to distance yourself from other gay men at work.

by Anonymousreply 45August 18, 2019 1:24 PM

Where do you work, r45? Time to get a different job.

by Anonymousreply 46August 18, 2019 1:25 PM

I wouldn't recommend it. Didn't work for me. I was in advertising.....but it was a long time ago...maybe things have changed

by Anonymousreply 47August 18, 2019 1:51 PM

I casually mention my husband

by Anonymousreply 48August 18, 2019 1:59 PM

[quote]FFS, do straight people let each other know they like the opposite sex?

Actually my boss, the comptroller of the corporation, tells everyone he meets that he has a foot fetish and has a photo of Quentin Tarantino on the wall in his office. Here’s how I usually meet with him to ask him for a raise ....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49August 18, 2019 2:20 PM

In the British Queer as Folk, Stuart wore a small AIDS badge and in the next scene they were shagging in the loos.

by Anonymousreply 50August 18, 2019 2:43 PM

As a gay business owner, I don’t particularly want to know anything about the personal lives of my employees. Nor do I need affirmation of their support for me. We have an objective... and my job is to keep all of us moving forward towards that objective, and give my employees what they need to accomplish their jobs.

by Anonymousreply 51August 18, 2019 2:48 PM

[quote]In a professional setting, do you signal to other gay men

You lost me at those last two words. When would I ever come into contact with gay men in a professional setting? Then again, I've only been working for a financial services company in New York City for the past 21 years, so maybe I'm in the wrong location, or haven't waited long enough.

by Anonymousreply 52August 18, 2019 2:51 PM

There is one gay phrase that every gay worldwide knows. I will sidle up to another gay man and in my best Elaine Stritch voice, I will say, "Does anyone still wear a hat?" and each and every time the other gay says, "I'll drink to that." Then we cackle like schoolgirls who have just put a tampon on the desk of our 75 year old teacher.

by Anonymousreply 53August 18, 2019 2:54 PM

r53 well this gay has no idea what you're talking about

by Anonymousreply 54August 18, 2019 3:20 PM

How old are you, r54? Let me help you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55August 18, 2019 3:25 PM

OP just say a few words I'm sure lots of purses will fall out.

by Anonymousreply 56August 18, 2019 3:31 PM

Someone wanting to know if I was gay asked me if I'd seen the visiting Kylie costume exhibition.

by Anonymousreply 57August 18, 2019 3:33 PM

I wouldn’t say anything directly. What about wearing something fashion forward or getting a manicure? Or wear some subtle jewelry. A noticeable fragrance. A very casual mention of where you vacation. These are all things that tip me off. And there’s always gaydar...

The oldest trick: “My *partner* and I...” (neon sign, hint, hint hint!)

The art of subtlety, the skill of a geisha...I mean, come on guys, what do you think they did in the old days?!

by Anonymousreply 58August 18, 2019 3:34 PM

I always ask a very pointed question, "Are you a friend of Senator Lindsay Graham?"

by Anonymousreply 59August 18, 2019 3:36 PM

You rip open the seam of the trousers at the rear end. If they are not wearing underwear you have your answer. And maybe no job as well but that's only if they are indeed wearing underwear.

by Anonymousreply 60August 18, 2019 4:16 PM

As a signal, I try to make at least one reference to Ida Lupino in each meeting.

by Anonymousreply 61August 18, 2019 4:25 PM

I always start the conversation by saying "Vivian Vance could have played many roles in her lifetime."

by Anonymousreply 62August 18, 2019 4:30 PM

Yep, I say : HOE, LET'S SEE YOUR ASS!

by Anonymousreply 63August 18, 2019 4:32 PM

"Did you see this week's episode of Bait Bus? Lord, have mercy!"

by Anonymousreply 64August 18, 2019 4:34 PM

The minute my lesbian-bisexual boss said "Brighton", I shut her off. I'm not about to fuck a woman ten years my senior who thinks being a lawyer is "cool" and has not read anything beyond Pride & Prejudice.

by Anonymousreply 65August 18, 2019 4:39 PM

Is that a British thing R65?

What is the significance of saying "Brighton"?

Isn't it just a recently trendy seaside town in commuting distance of London? Has it become a big gay scene?

by Anonymousreply 66August 18, 2019 4:41 PM

R62 Or, "Vivian Vance could've played me in a movie of my life!"

by Anonymousreply 67August 18, 2019 4:43 PM

R66 - Yes to all of that - a simple Google search would have told you that.

And Brighton's gay scene isn't all that. It's more of a depressed, rundown seaside town with a few gay bars. I think there used to be more - just like every gay scene had more venues years ago.

by Anonymousreply 68August 18, 2019 4:58 PM

Ask to see a picture of his crotch-fruit.

by Anonymousreply 69August 18, 2019 4:58 PM

I always get on Grindr to see if he’s on. This actually worked a couple years ago. There was a hot new chiropractor in the clinic and I never imagined he’d be gay. I opened the app and whatdoya know.....16 feet away from me!! I asked him to lunch the next week and we have become friends (both bottoms)

by Anonymousreply 70August 18, 2019 5:22 PM

I'm still lost as to why saying "Brighton" turned you off R68

Was she trying to brag that she was hip and trendy by saying "Brighton"? Is it UK gay shorthand for a certain type of gay?

by Anonymousreply 71August 18, 2019 6:36 PM

R70, Both being bottoms rules out sexual contact between the two of you entirely?

That's ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 72August 18, 2019 6:45 PM

When it's hot out, instead of a motorised desk fan I use office stationary concertina-folded to fan myself as I roll my eyes and groan to myself. Seems to do the trick.

by Anonymousreply 73August 18, 2019 6:54 PM

Don't even bother, r72. Gay male sex life is ruled by the top/bottom stratification (and this has had disastrous effect on my sex life since I'm not into anal).

by Anonymousreply 74August 18, 2019 7:03 PM

[quote] Some of us actually dislike that "hey, paisan!" business that a few gay men feel obliged to do, as though the fact that we both like to sleep with men makes us BFFs.

How do you manage to sleep with men when you've got that enormous stick jammed up your ass?

by Anonymousreply 75August 18, 2019 7:13 PM

Find some other way to suck up OP.

by Anonymousreply 76August 18, 2019 7:15 PM

Yes.

I pull my cock out.

by Anonymousreply 77August 18, 2019 7:18 PM

I also would like to know more about "Brighton."

And are you the lawyer or is she?

And why are you so hostile?

by Anonymousreply 78August 18, 2019 7:23 PM

Yeah I'm not getting the Brighton thing either but the poster feels we are too stupid to explain it to.

by Anonymousreply 79August 18, 2019 7:34 PM

R72 - I only enjoy being penetrated orally and anally so it just wouldn’t have worked. My favorite boyfriend was a total top and I won’t settle for anything less. I just can’t get turned on by a “versatile” dude. May seem silly, but I’m in my 40s and know what I want.

by Anonymousreply 80August 18, 2019 7:34 PM

I commend the eldergay who reasonably responded to the poster who did not understand the hat reference. I would have slapped that ignoramus silly.

by Anonymousreply 81August 18, 2019 7:38 PM

r80

Are you single long?

by Anonymousreply 82August 18, 2019 7:39 PM

R82 - the “total top” moved 1500 miles away 2 years ago and I’ve been single since. I fear I’ll never find anyone else with his size and stamina.

by Anonymousreply 83August 18, 2019 7:42 PM

I show them my tramp stamp: "Welcome US Navy."

by Anonymousreply 84August 18, 2019 7:46 PM

R83 Go to Brighton.

by Anonymousreply 85August 18, 2019 7:47 PM

I flounce into a room singing this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86August 18, 2019 7:48 PM

Brighton is the gayest city in the UK. It would be like an American gay or lesbian before the tech boom dropping a reference to San Francisco.

by Anonymousreply 87August 18, 2019 7:48 PM

Only if I could get something out of it, otherwise I keep it professional.

by Anonymousreply 88August 18, 2019 7:50 PM

I once had a gay boss who was a complete asshole. He was also an alcoholic

by Anonymousreply 89August 18, 2019 8:16 PM

It seems to me managers should know their place.

by Anonymousreply 90August 18, 2019 8:21 PM

I am a bodybuilder so when I am alone with him, I ask him to give me advice on my posing routine. Since I wear my posers under my business attire, I am always prepared for a posing display.

by Anonymousreply 91August 18, 2019 8:26 PM

That sounds practical, r91.

by Anonymousreply 92August 18, 2019 8:41 PM

R83

On Jan. 1, 1914, the world's first scheduledpassenger airline service took off, operating between St. Petersburg and Tampa, Fla. The St. Petersburg-Tampa Airboat Line was a short-lived endeavor — only four months — but it paved the way for today's daily transcontinental flights.

by Anonymousreply 93August 18, 2019 8:41 PM

R45 I have never experienced this. You must work in a shitty place.

by Anonymousreply 94August 18, 2019 9:32 PM

I lift my schedule of Federal holidays that’s pinned to the wall of my cubicle to reveal the glory hole underneath.

by Anonymousreply 95August 18, 2019 9:57 PM

I would walk up to him and say, "I saw your Pride photos on Facebook. Gurlina, you looked fierce with those nipple clamps!"

I also do this to straight men who piss me off in the office.

by Anonymousreply 96August 18, 2019 10:22 PM

He already knows your a homo. I think it’s hilarious when younger gay men think no one knows. Honey, we can tell in 10 minutes or less, and we are all talking about it.

by Anonymousreply 97August 18, 2019 10:25 PM

Most gays and most females know already. They have gaydar.

All women gossip about all men in the office behind their back.

by Anonymousreply 98August 18, 2019 10:57 PM

You just need to casually mention Elaine Stritch.

by Anonymousreply 99August 18, 2019 11:00 PM

R99 - not if he’s under 60....that reference will be lost on him.

by Anonymousreply 100August 18, 2019 11:16 PM

Mary, he can tell you’re gay from outer space!

by Anonymousreply 101August 18, 2019 11:31 PM

OP, Quote a line of dialogue from "Mildred Pierce".

by Anonymousreply 102August 18, 2019 11:49 PM

"Signalling" your sexual preference in any professional setting is risky. This can easily be taken as sexual harassment.

by Anonymousreply 103August 18, 2019 11:50 PM

Depends: is he hot?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104August 19, 2019 12:13 AM

I wear a small pair of castanets and loudly clap them in front of men I perceive to be gay.

by Anonymousreply 105August 19, 2019 12:23 AM

Be wary of identifying yourself. The new CFO at my company in New York City was gay and I wondered if I should let him know about me, but I didn’t need to…

He invited the two consultants who were installing the new ERP finance system to his apartment for dinner. There, he introduced them to his husband and gave them a tour of his apartment. Apparently, he said something to them like “Don’t think that anyone else in the company has an apartment as fabulous as this. They couldn’t afford to live a lifestyle as luxurious as ours.”

The consultants (who I had been working with for months) demurely replied with something like “Well actually Gary and his husband have a beautiful brownstone a few blocks from here with a view of the harbor…”

The consultants told me the story the next day. And just as they described, the CFO was a complete asshole. I’m so glad I didn’t reach out to him.

by Anonymousreply 106August 19, 2019 12:53 AM

r12 Same, I don't care about the sexuality of others, I just try to do my job well.

by Anonymousreply 107August 19, 2019 1:11 AM

R106 Great story.

by Anonymousreply 108August 19, 2019 1:15 AM

R106 - how much did your brownstone cost?

by Anonymousreply 109August 19, 2019 1:21 AM

R109 our brownstone cost $70K in 1982. My parents gave us the money for the downpayment. We spent 10 years renovating it.

by Anonymousreply 110August 19, 2019 2:11 AM

R110 - 70,000!!!! Amazing! Can I ask what it would sell for today?

by Anonymousreply 111August 19, 2019 2:28 AM

R111 the home next door sold 2 years ago for $3.25M (with 5 bids over asking price).

by Anonymousreply 112August 19, 2019 5:07 AM

Black people have the “nod.” We have the lip-moistening.

by Anonymousreply 113August 19, 2019 5:11 AM

R112 - OMG you hit the real estate lottery

by Anonymousreply 114August 19, 2019 1:31 PM

[quote]r51 As a gay business owner, I don’t particularly want to know anything about the personal lives of my employees.

So basically, you have no interest, or investment, in them as human beings?

They're just cogs?

by Anonymousreply 115August 19, 2019 3:03 PM

R106 Do people really talk like that? “Don’t think that anyone else in the company has an apartment as fabulous as this. They couldn’t afford to live a lifestyle as luxurious as ours.”

Bad reality tv; also tacky and classless! Ok, maybe that was redundant...

by Anonymousreply 116August 19, 2019 3:09 PM

Usually I try to be subtle like asking "Who did those incredible high-lights in your hair ? I just love that shade of blonde ! Is it Starlet's Kiss by Roux ?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117August 19, 2019 3:14 PM

I have ridiculously bad gaydar, so guys that I suspect might be gay I would never make any kind of comment to assuming they are gay or overtly indicating I am because chances are they are straight. It's a shame as there are a few guys where I work that I think could be gay and I would quite like to have more gay friends and acquaintances but I just can't overcome the social anxiety.

by Anonymousreply 118August 19, 2019 3:22 PM

I can tell from the references of Ida Lupino, Vivian Vance, Elaine Stritch and Mildred Pierce most posters on here retired or should have a loooong time ago.

by Anonymousreply 119August 19, 2019 3:30 PM

I sass and backtalk

by Anonymousreply 120August 19, 2019 3:32 PM

I have my two favorite co-workers Duane and Dane back me up while doing a motivational dance routine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121August 19, 2019 3:36 PM

[quote]I can tell from the references of Ida Lupino, Vivian Vance, Elaine Stritch and Mildred Pierce most posters on here retired or should have a loooong time ago.

Ida and Vivian were excellent performers. Why should we ignore great historical performances?

by Anonymousreply 122August 19, 2019 3:37 PM

R122 - we need to ignore these references so that we can move on.

by Anonymousreply 123August 19, 2019 3:39 PM

Yes OP via my Skype status

by Anonymousreply 124August 19, 2019 3:41 PM

[quote]we need to ignore these references so that we can move on. —Can’t live in the past

Unfortunately, we have to look back because we have no one as talented as them performing today. Tell me what actress currently could pull this off?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125August 19, 2019 3:43 PM

Every time I see this header all I can think of is some swishy eldergay going up to the COO and saying "here's the Palmer report sweetie. We gurls have got to stick together. And check out the buns on Raul in shipping. Mamma's mussy is wet, wet wet from that one"

by Anonymousreply 126August 19, 2019 3:44 PM

R84 I should think a Navy tattoo in general would suffice.

R98, then how do you explain the success of boybands? Or Liberace, for that matter?

by Anonymousreply 127August 19, 2019 4:31 PM

There are some jobs where you want to just get in and out, and not deal with anyone at all. And some people (often unhappy bitches) want it always to be this way.

For the most part, though, employees like to be seen and treated as full human beings, with individual lives. This makes them happier in the workplace, and they have better health and productivity.

If you spend 40 hours a week in a workplace, that’s a huge chunk of your life. It’s good to feel you can be yourself, while still being professional, during it.

by Anonymousreply 128August 19, 2019 5:33 PM

R125 I hate to tell you this but though you and I might consider that talent the majority of people today who want entertainment do not. They want smutty sitcoms and tentpole comic strip movies. That's talent to them and us fossils have to accept it. And R119 you clearly are one of us if you know who those people are.

by Anonymousreply 129August 19, 2019 10:44 PM

Yes, i wasn’t commenting on the quality of the references just the age of them.

Young professionals today won’t get them.

I know the references and wish I was was retired. A loooong time ago.

by Anonymousreply 130August 19, 2019 10:56 PM

I find this move, when done outside of the view of anyone but the other gay effectively messages my sexual orientation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131August 19, 2019 11:02 PM

I just give them a special look and ask if they're a friend of Dorothy's.

by Anonymousreply 132August 19, 2019 11:18 PM

I ask if they're a friend of Muriel's.

by Anonymousreply 133August 19, 2019 11:20 PM

[Quote] not if he’s under 60....that reference will be lost on him.

Yes, because only people over 60 know "30 Rock."

by Anonymousreply 134August 19, 2019 11:21 PM

OK with someone at your pay level... still, you can get sexual harassment complaints... otherwise...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135August 20, 2019 2:48 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!