Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What will Cheeto's 2020 concession tweet look like?

I need some humor and optimism, bitches.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81August 19, 2019 8:47 PM

Fake News! I am ordering an indefinite media blackout and the sealing of all borders. Martial law is in effect immediately.

by Anonymousreply 1August 17, 2019 3:04 PM

I won!!!!!!!!!! I had the biggest win ever. No one has won an election more bigly than me and the crowds will b even bigger at my second inauguration!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 2August 17, 2019 3:05 PM

....and I had the largest crowds of all time at my first inauguration even though the FAKE NEWS and FAILING CNN said they weren't.

by Anonymousreply 3August 17, 2019 3:08 PM

I'm hoping for a Budd Dwyer moment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 17, 2019 3:11 PM

He won't concede. He will have to be dragged out by Federal marshals.

by Anonymousreply 5August 17, 2019 3:11 PM

Unrelated, but I once watched the r4 video not to see the suicide, but to see the moments leading up to it.

The suicide comes very fast, and cannot unsee.

by Anonymousreply 6August 17, 2019 3:13 PM

He will do what he always does, OP. He will sue everyone he can think of.

by Anonymousreply 7August 17, 2019 3:16 PM

I have DIRECTED the General attorney Barr to conduct a throogh Investigation to Identify HOW my election was STOLEN by MILIONS of illegal voters from California, Arizona, Colorada, Kalonzo, New Hampster, Nort Carolina, Texas, Virginia, New Michigan, Wisconson, Minnisoda, and Pennsylvania. FAKE ELECTION!

by Anonymousreply 8August 17, 2019 3:16 PM

He’ll drop out before the election.

by Anonymousreply 9August 17, 2019 3:18 PM

I will kiss your ass in Macy's window if that happens R9, but I doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 10August 17, 2019 3:19 PM

The missiles are launched

by Anonymousreply 11August 17, 2019 3:21 PM

If Putin will put him up in style in Russia, he'll drop out. He will fly to Russia under the guise of a summit meeting with the Ruskies and then withdraw from the coming election once he is safely out of reach from US prosecutors.

Otherwise, he's stuck and has to remain in the race. If he plans on staying in the US, being re-elected is his only hope.

by Anonymousreply 12August 17, 2019 3:23 PM

"The failing fake news media convinced people not to go to the polls, and the the Dems rigged the election anyway. The American people love Trump but the fake news media and the Dems stole the election. I was just doing this job from the goodness of my heart. I don't need the job. I'm rich. Very, very rich. I love trucks!

by Anonymousreply 13August 17, 2019 3:24 PM

somewhere between this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14August 17, 2019 3:25 PM

I feel like he'll either clam up for a couple days and then we'll find out from inside sources that he's resigned and left Pence to clean up the last few weeks, or that he'll immediately demand an investigation and cause such a stink along with his GOP toadie pals that the inauguration will be delayed.

It'll be a shitshow, guaranteed.

by Anonymousreply 15August 17, 2019 3:25 PM

1. He will blame others. The list of villains will be endless.

2. He will invest accusations with not evidence and demand they be investigated. I hope the FBI simply refuses to further indulge this nonsense. They’ve done so enough times, already.

2. Eventually, he will blame his supporters and all Americans for failing him.

3. He will call for their armed resistance. Then their suicides. Don’t roll your eyes. Look at past megalomaniacs and cult leaders. When forced to face the consequences of their own decisions, they make their followers suffer. Jim Jones, David Koresh, Hitler, Mussolini, Ruby Ridge, Clive Bundy, etc.

4. He might even be arrested for sedition after the election before Inauguration Day.

by Anonymousreply 16August 17, 2019 3:25 PM

and this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17August 17, 2019 3:25 PM

He will watch the returns from his estate in Florida and never come back to Washington afterwards. He won't do a little work until inauguration day the next year. He won't even show up for that.

by Anonymousreply 18August 17, 2019 3:26 PM

I agree with r18

by Anonymousreply 19August 17, 2019 3:33 PM

Trump is a clown but he pretty much has 2020 in the bag. The dems lost when every single candidate raised their hand in support of free medical care for illegal immigrants during that debate. Lots of people who are going broke trying to pay insurance premiums for shitty bronze level 'catastrophic' plans will remember that on election day. I also think that the insane focus on identity politics and intersectionality will turn off more white voters.

by Anonymousreply 20August 17, 2019 3:36 PM

R15, the inauguration can’t be delayed. It’s specified in the Constitution. If no one is sworn in, Nancy ascends to the Presidency, (assuming she is sworn in), and once done, that is irreversible! Nancy should have a Notary on speed dial.

I can promise you this: Trump will not have tea with an incoming President who beat him, on the day before Inauguration Day; nor will he ride from the White House in the same car with the winner, and will not attend the inauguration at all. Breaking custom. The shared ride and attendance is a dumb custom, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 21August 17, 2019 3:37 PM

The only reason he has to run for POTUS again is he will go to jail if he isn't. He won (bigly). He'd leave (in his mind) on a wave of prosperity. Be remembered as the most successful, beloved Presadint EVER!

He hates the dreary White House; hates the boring job; hates the tired old Melania; and he's losing millions of dollars per day.

My dread is he will be embraced when he leaves office and treated like a kooky knucklehead ("What were you THINKING, Donald?!" *applause*). Get merchandising deals, reality shows, book deals, lucrative world tours selling out arenas. That would be the nightmare scenario.

by Anonymousreply 22August 17, 2019 3:40 PM

r20 you really overestimate the American voting public if you think they're going to remember one moment in a summer debate in 2019 in November 2020.

by Anonymousreply 23August 17, 2019 3:41 PM

r22 having him in the White House another four years is the real nightmare scenario.

by Anonymousreply 24August 17, 2019 3:42 PM

Oh Debbie Downer #20, most people have health insurance through their employer. They couldn't care less about "Obamacare". And the individual mandate is gone, so people (including Illegals) can go back to reporting to the emergency room for their 'healthcare' and just saying they're unable to pay.

That's the American Way; healthcare is a status symbol.

by Anonymousreply 25August 17, 2019 3:49 PM

Why discuss a non-issue ..... ?

by Anonymousreply 26August 17, 2019 4:17 PM

r26 =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27August 17, 2019 4:24 PM

I agree with R20, it is always tough to oust a sitting president who has charm over a portion of the populace, even if they're doing poorly.

Look at all the incumbents who lost in the last 100 years:

-GHWB

-Carter

-Hoover

-Wilson

None of them had much charm or sway with Americans.

For all the hatred of Obama, Clinton, and GWB, they still won handily, because they stayed in the news and stayed relevant, despite their failings.

by Anonymousreply 28August 17, 2019 4:30 PM

I highly, highly doubt that Cheeto wants to be in office another four years.

Outside of his rallies, he is miserable.

by Anonymousreply 29August 17, 2019 4:44 PM

But isn’t it likely that Trump is always miserable? I think he carries his shell around with him like a snail. I wonder if he sees any difference in his normal level of unhappiness? If not, then his unhappiness wouldn’t be relevant as to a decision not to run again.

by Anonymousreply 30August 17, 2019 4:51 PM

Oh, he definitely wants another 4 years. He may detest the job, and even avoid doing any real work. But he adores the attention he gets. He gets to claim he is the best at everything, and because he is President those claims get media attention.

by Anonymousreply 31August 17, 2019 4:53 PM

Trump has a lower approval rating than ANYONE who won a second term. His approval rating average is lower than every other president since the 1930s -- the next closest average approval ratings are over 5% MORE than Trump's is.

Carter was at 37% when he lost, Bush Sr at 34%, and Ford at 45%. Those numbers are much closer to Trump's than his numbers are to any of the presidents who won a second term. He's not even close to the popularity of those presidents.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32August 17, 2019 5:01 PM

I wonder if there is a part of him that fears irrelevance if he loses? Does he know that those authoritarian leaders won’t be returning his calls? That he’ll only be contacted when they need a prop? I think Putin, Kim, Bibi, and a few others may have use for him, but he’ll never be invited to France again. Or to meet the Queen. Our allies will have no use for him. He must know that, on some level. It’ll be their fault, of course, but he must see it?

by Anonymousreply 33August 17, 2019 5:02 PM

You pups were saying he'd never win the first time. Unless the dems come up with a really strong candidate, it's done.

by Anonymousreply 34August 17, 2019 5:04 PM

r34 =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35August 17, 2019 5:07 PM

R20, Liz Warren is now saying the government should pay for sex changes. Not sure how many people want to pay for feminizing facial surgery for men.

by Anonymousreply 36August 17, 2019 5:10 PM

[quote]the inauguration can’t be delayed. It’s specified in the Constitution.

SCOTUS could agree to delay it and no one would do anything about it. What could anyone do, really? I absolutely believe Trump will pitch a fit, insist things were rigged or manipulated, make all manner of accusations of criminal wrongdoing, and demand the inauguration be delayed so an investigation could be held, and it'll end up before SCOTUS.

Anyone remember 2000? SCOTUS let W get away with murder and the media went along with it, and hardly anyone raised a stink... other than actual citizens who knew the fix was in.

by Anonymousreply 37August 17, 2019 5:12 PM

If he's pretty confident he'll lose I believe he'll drop out claiming that his business is in bad shape without him at the helm. He's certainly not above throwing both his retarded sons under the bus if he thinks he can save face by doing it.

by Anonymousreply 38August 17, 2019 5:14 PM

He won't concede, seriously. Or maybe he will because he's pressured, but within a couple days he'll be tweeting about the rigged election. (He always backtracks like that after he's convinced to the "right" thing against his will.) He will never actually accept it.

by Anonymousreply 39August 17, 2019 5:14 PM

Liz Warren also said that she would implement legislation to guarantee every American will have the right to vote. I assume she is not aware of the 15th, 19th & 26th amendments to the U.S. Constitution .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40August 17, 2019 5:16 PM

[quote]Trump is a clown but he pretty much has 2020 in the bag.

You do realize that this is an incredibly ill-informed, not to mention more than a little stupid, remark, right?

Can we *please* get some smarter trolls?

by Anonymousreply 41August 17, 2019 5:18 PM

I love the self-own in R40 's chosen gif, since a) that isn't quite what Warren said, and b) far too many Americans at this time are not able to vote due to the obstacles placed in their path by the Republican Party.

Yes, dear, you're dumb.

by Anonymousreply 42August 17, 2019 5:20 PM

R37, SCOTUS wouldn’t agree to this. I can’t see it. The date is specified in plain language and we honored the date through the civil war, and the world wars. They would know that Pelosi (or Biden or Warren, etc) would be sworn in, and then we’d have two Presidents at once, and massive civil unrest.

Wouldn’t you go to DC to support President Pelosi, over a President Trump who lost but tried to extend his Presidency? Wouldn’t you worry that this extension would be indefinite? I would. We would get the biggest crowds in DC history. If Trump was in the White House, they’d surround the building. Then the police and military would have to take sides. Etc. etc. The SCOTUS wouldn’t rule to facilitate this.

by Anonymousreply 43August 17, 2019 5:21 PM

Don't wish for him to drop out of the race until late in the process. Don't want to give the rethugs time to regroup and haul a "reasonable" alternative out of the closet

by Anonymousreply 44August 17, 2019 5:22 PM

The "concession tweet" will be "FAKE NEWS!!! Your beloved president was falsely removed by hordes of illegal aliens voting for the Democrat!!!!"

by Anonymousreply 45August 17, 2019 5:23 PM

Once Trump is out of office, he can be indicted for his many crimes, so if he loses the election, he’ll first try claiming it was fixed. If that isn’t working, he’ll flee the country before the inauguration of the next president. No way will he stay in this country and chance going to jail.

by Anonymousreply 46August 17, 2019 5:33 PM

[quote]Once Trump is out of office, he can be indicted for his many crimes.

But will he? Really?

by Anonymousreply 47August 17, 2019 5:33 PM

Wake up ppl. The booths are hacked, trump will win. Russia will back him up.

by Anonymousreply 48August 17, 2019 5:49 PM

R41, Look at the front page of NYtimes.com on any given day and you will see numerous editorials saying the same thing! People fear the financial consequences of mass immigration more than they hate Trump. There are a shit ton of independents and moderate dems who will hold their nose and vote for trump over this issue alone.

by Anonymousreply 49August 17, 2019 6:19 PM

Um, no, R49, I won't see any such "numerous editorials saying the same thing," that Trump "pretty much has 2020 in the bag," mostly because it's an incredibly stupid thing to say. Trump is in real trouble, as his own campaign has privately acknowledged. The latest Fox News poll has him at under 40% against each of the top four Democratic candidates. The majority of voters do not want to see him reelected.

It's also an incredibly stupid comment because Republicans tried this same tactic in 2018, going all in on fear and "invading caravans." It didn't work then and there is no reason to think it will work in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 50August 17, 2019 6:22 PM

People do tire of the village idiot crying wolf. We still have another full year of his whining. People will want eventually him to just shut up.

by Anonymousreply 51August 17, 2019 6:32 PM

He was likely one of the idiots who was concern-trolling in 2018 about how immigration was going to destroy the Blue Wave and turn it into a Red Wave. We even had people insisting that Republicans were going to gain seats in the House. It was dumb then; it's dumb now.

Nobody "has it it in the bag" more than a year out from the election. It would be dumb if it were said about Biden, Warren, Sanders, etc., and it's dumb when it's said about Trump.

Back on topic: Trump doesn't do concessions. He's all about dominance. So I suspect either whining about how he "really" won or complete silence from him.

by Anonymousreply 52August 17, 2019 6:36 PM

Here's what Trump will say if he drops out of the race before election day on his belief that he'll have his ass handed to him by an electoral college trouncing of historic, or, hell, minuscule proportions (aside from, and with all acknowledgement of the argument which says that, to avoid indictment, he's desperate to be re-elected)

"No President, in the history of our great nation has accomplished more in their 8 years or more, if you include FDR, than I have in 4 years. I've decided, therefore, that, it's unnecessary for me to run for another term, given all that I've accomplished, which exceeds that which was done in the terms of any other US President, and I include here the term of that assassinated loser Lincoln.

I like Presidents that weren't assassinated.

Therefore, I've decided to forego seeking to be re-elected for another term."

Don't you think that's what he'll do instead of facing a loss? Trump doesn't have the courage, integrity or will to go down swinging.

by Anonymousreply 53August 17, 2019 6:46 PM

I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch. I still feel cheated that I never got to hear him concede in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 54August 17, 2019 6:48 PM

My concern trolling is always about a popular Dem candidate, of any age, suddenly dying in the weeks before the general election. Then, the callow VP candidate, possibly intended as window dressing, would battle for the top slot against horrified party elders and the second place candidate who did so much work in the primaries but was passed over in favor of the ingenue.

Such as: Biden beats Warren 48% to 37% for the nomination. Biden chooses Buttegeg (5% in the nomination) as VP. Then Biden dies eating a corn dog on Labor Day, 2020. This throws the Dems in disarray.

by Anonymousreply 55August 17, 2019 6:53 PM

2 liberal things we can blame this on: Tranny loving and love for homophobic Muslims.

by Anonymousreply 56August 17, 2019 8:02 PM

The Mooch claims tRump will drop out if he thinks he is losing

by Anonymousreply 57August 17, 2019 8:19 PM

"President Pocahontas? Rigged!"

by Anonymousreply 58August 17, 2019 8:36 PM

I want Trump hung by his neck until dead. He is a traitor to humanity.

by Anonymousreply 59August 17, 2019 8:43 PM

He never expected to win but Putin hacked the vote and gave him the win. Putin has not yet been paid in full...will Putin ever give up the tape?

by Anonymousreply 60August 17, 2019 8:46 PM

Hillary would have quietly had Putin pushed of a cliff by now.

by Anonymousreply 61August 17, 2019 8:58 PM

It will be more like “Scanners” head explosion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62August 17, 2019 9:19 PM

I also agree that Trump will flee in the night to Moscow or ???--somewhere he won't be extradited from. He will be indicted by New York in a NY minute if he is not President.

by Anonymousreply 63August 17, 2019 10:03 PM

If the media had been fair I would have won!

by Anonymousreply 64August 17, 2019 10:09 PM

Only on DL does Biden-Buttigieg sound like a winning ticket.

by Anonymousreply 65August 17, 2019 10:10 PM

[quote]2 liberal things we can blame this on: Tranny loving and love for homophobic Muslims.

We can blame Trump's defeat on those things? Cool!

by Anonymousreply 66August 17, 2019 10:30 PM

R18, he will come back to pardon all his buddies.

by Anonymousreply 67August 17, 2019 11:39 PM

[quote] I want Trump hung by his neck until dead.

I don't think anyone could fashion a noose that big. But it's a comforting thought.

by Anonymousreply 68August 18, 2019 1:15 AM

R43, you haven't been paying attention if you haven't seen the GOP stuff SCOTUS with right-wing toadies, or if you think all of America would rise up in civil unrest.

Look, W stole the election with the help of SCOTUS. There were huge protests at first, almost immediately squashed by the government with the implicit help of the media. He was such a terrible president that he all but caused 9/11 himself, then exploited it for personal gain, killing many thousands of civilians in a war against what he very well knew were the wrong people. His family were (and perhaps still are) friends with people connected to the actual perpetrators. He and his cronies committed multiple war crimes.

Nothing happened, everyone stopped giving a damn about it in 2008, and now he's being celebrated, even here on DL, as a cute nice little painter guy who everyone would love to have a drink with.

Anyone who has this pie-in-the-sky vision of SCOTUS doing the right thing, and/or the American people rising up to right the wrongs if they don't, is sadly mistaken.

Some of you have absolutely no idea how serious the situation is.

by Anonymousreply 69August 18, 2019 1:18 AM

One Jabba is out of office he won't abscond to another country. He has enough lawyers to keep any indictment and subsequent trial stringing on for years. He die during the process and all that tax money spent on the whole process will be for nothing unless they can pin something big on Uday and Qusay Trump.

by Anonymousreply 70August 18, 2019 1:26 AM

R69, no, I don’t think “think all of America would rise up in civil unrest“. That’s not what I wrote. I wrote that I would. And that I think the crowds would be the biggest ever. You’ll recall the anti-Trump protest after his inauguration was one of the largest, or the largest, ever. And this protest would be larger. His supporters would have counter protests, but they’d be much smaller.

This would be very different than the 2000 election because the state tabulation then was a mess, but was not unconstitutional. If Trump tried to postpone the inauguration, it would be unconstitutional. Regardless of who is swarm in, his term ends. He is no longer president, no matter what he says.

I’m not arguing that SCOTUS would “do the right thing”. I’m saying they would do the only thing they can, legally, and practically. To do otherwise would invite civil war, and they won’t do that.

by Anonymousreply 71August 18, 2019 1:36 AM

I just don't understand how you don't know that Trump has already violated the Constitution multiple times, and with no consequences whatsoever, and occasionally with the help of the Supreme Court.

by Anonymousreply 72August 18, 2019 1:40 AM

He will be arrested as he walks out of the White House...this is my hope and my pray. It is the only thing I pray for.

by Anonymousreply 73August 18, 2019 1:44 AM

If the fool attempts to stay in the White House after losing the election the military will go in an remove him. I have little doubt all the heads of the various branches of service realize he's a mental case.

by Anonymousreply 74August 18, 2019 1:47 AM

And I also believe his supporters will clam up very quickly if he loses. A few will rabble rouse, but they'll be shut down. Once they see they have no power they'll slink back into the holes they were in while Pres. Obama was in office.

by Anonymousreply 75August 18, 2019 1:49 AM

R72, for crimps sake, just plainly say what you have to say. Stop dancing around.

by Anonymousreply 76August 18, 2019 1:50 AM

[quote]for crimps sake, just plainly say what you have to say. Stop dancing around.

I already said everything very plainly, and you already responded three times. Well, four times, if you include this weird response.

by Anonymousreply 77August 18, 2019 1:53 AM

Working for me too.

by Anonymousreply 78August 19, 2019 6:44 PM

I don't think Cheeto will give a concession statement. He will tweet a lot about election fraud, illegals voting, how much he was "hurt" by the media, etc. He may, and this is not for sure, MAY actually just let the inauguration happen. But, to me, that is still something of a question.

by Anonymousreply 79August 19, 2019 8:34 PM

Trump won't concede, he will claim the election was stolen, too many illegals voted, Democrats cheated, this is a coup, the Chinese or the Iranians hacked the vote totals, he will call on his supporters to take to the streets.

by Anonymousreply 80August 19, 2019 8:36 PM

I am serious in that I want the FBI to seize his passport preventing his leaving the country. The morning after Election Day would be the best. It would give him the sense of dread. Or maybe, the day in Jan, I think it’s Jan 3, after the new Congress takes office. Then Congress can defund spending on Air Force and Marine 1.

by Anonymousreply 81August 19, 2019 8:47 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!