Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jodie Foster, Kelly McGillis, Whitney Houston

Did that really happen? Any eldergays here with first-hand knowledge??

by Anonymousreply 35November 24, 2019 2:20 PM

No. Whitney was in a relationship.

by Anonymousreply 1August 17, 2019 7:41 AM

I heard this before the internet, in the days of celebrity magazines and VHS tapes. Celebrities were truly unreachable demi-gods and goddesses and virtually all adverse gossip that didn't involve law enforcement never made it to print. In this case, crew leaked what happened and the news was bubbling in the clubs of LA and NYC for months! This is what I heard. And remember, Jodie Foster only came out of the closet a few years ago so this was long before that time.

The way I heard it, is Jodie Foster and Kelly McGillis got close and started an affair during the filming of 'The Accused' and word got out to Whitney Houston (apparently she and Kelly were a thing) who then proceeded to storm the set like a hurricane wreaking havoc and smashing things all over. Kelly got them into a trailer to hash things out away from the prying eyes of other cast and crew but Whitney wouldn't calm down and ended up punching Jodie in the face giving her a black eye which had to be written into the film as makeup and film technology back then couldn't air brush it away.

Again, this is pre-internet and the randomness of this triangle is what makes it ring true for me.

by Anonymousreply 2August 18, 2019 9:34 AM

Jodie and Kelly are now out, so must be true.

by Anonymousreply 3August 18, 2019 3:43 PM

R2, the part of your story that exposes it as bullsh** is the part about her black eye had to be written into the movie because makeup "back then" couldn't cover it up. Utter, ridiculous, idiotic nonsense. The movie was made in 1988(!!!), not 1928. A black eye could very easily be covered up with make up. Use your brain. Don't be stupid. It's like that moronic story that Michelle Pfeiffer had a herpes outbreak so they left it in Witches of Eastwick. Does no one on these boards know how a movie is shot? How scenes take days and weeks to shoot and are shot out of sequence?

by Anonymousreply 4August 18, 2019 4:03 PM

It's what people said r4, Whitney gave Jodie a black eye so they wrote it in. Don't shoot the messenger.

by Anonymousreply 5August 18, 2019 4:35 PM

I don't remember Jodie having a black eye in The Accused.

by Anonymousreply 6August 19, 2019 3:25 AM

She was beaten up in the face.

by Anonymousreply 7August 19, 2019 1:24 PM

I would love for Kelly to go on the record about this. From her comments about being left out of the Top Gun sequel ("I'm too fat and old"), she has no fucks left to give. Somebody needs to ask her about this, stat!

by Anonymousreply 8August 19, 2019 2:26 PM

It was complete fiction. It was started because it was known that all three were lesbian (or sexually fluid) and in hiding -- and this is the kind of gossip that was circulated about closeted stars back then. Like Richard Gere and the gerbil.

by Anonymousreply 9August 19, 2019 6:24 PM

Wait, so Jim Nabors never took Rock Hudson up the altar?

by Anonymousreply 10August 19, 2019 6:30 PM

I can totally see Whitney throwing a punch.

by Anonymousreply 11August 20, 2019 12:56 PM

[quote] I can totally see Whitney throwing a punch.

Robyn's book is out in November. She is the only woman Whitney was ever sexually involved with. That is why Whitney never self-identified as lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 12August 22, 2019 2:47 PM

R12 My cuz got dat Hussy’s number!

by Anonymousreply 13August 22, 2019 3:02 PM

Excuse me, don't forget I was around too!

by Anonymousreply 14August 22, 2019 3:06 PM

You can see Michael J. Fox's black eye in DOC HOLLYWOOD that he got after getting into a fistfight with Woody Harrelson, makeup couldn't cover that because it couldn't cover the swelling. Jodie's eye isn't swollen in the movie, that's why I don't think it had to be explained. It's all makeup.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 22, 2019 3:27 PM

R15 it wasn’t a fist fight, Woody is just a rough Top. Ask Owen Wilson.

by Anonymousreply 16August 22, 2019 3:30 PM

You're not a messengers R5 you're just repeating what gossip you heard from people who didn't know anything 30 years ago!

There's no reason for them to have to explain a black eye in the movie because the whole movie is about her being attacked viciously.

R9 is right, gossip back then was entirely based on this ridiculous idea that if you knew of two closeted lesbians then they were dating each other because they were the only lesbians you knew. Add a third closeted lesbian and suddenly Love Triangle. If there was a fourth closeted lesbian the gossip would have been Witch Coven!

by Anonymousreply 17August 22, 2019 3:30 PM

Whitney Houston and Kelly McGillis could have been the hottest lesbian couple ever.

by Anonymousreply 18August 22, 2019 4:00 PM

McGillis seemed to be dating men at this time. She married a year later. (although I've heard she was sort of openly gay when younger.) That woman was in and out of the closet many times.

I guess so were Whitney and Jodie. Jodie's kiss with Juiian Sands when she won her first Oscar was always so awkward.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19August 23, 2019 3:36 AM

Kelly McGillis has commented in this, she said she had never met Whitney Houston.

by Anonymousreply 20August 31, 2019 12:48 AM

That makes sense. Whitney and Robyn were still together at the time, weren't they?

by Anonymousreply 21August 31, 2019 12:56 AM

Yes it happened. I blocked the stairwell while they 3-way scissored in the basement of the Park Slope Food Coop.

by Anonymousreply 22August 31, 2019 12:59 AM

*on

by Anonymousreply 23August 31, 2019 12:59 AM

Cannot see Nippy going vanilla.

by Anonymousreply 24August 31, 2019 1:04 AM

I heard the song "I'm Saving All My Loving" is about Kelly McGillis....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25August 31, 2019 1:08 AM

"Saving All My Love For You" is a cover.

by Anonymousreply 26August 31, 2019 1:16 AM

I heard All The Man That I Need was about Kelly McGillis....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27August 31, 2019 2:19 AM

OP here. I started this thread late at night as a joke. It quickly disappeared. I can't believe I just discovered it resurrected.

Thanks DL. You made my night! lol

by Anonymousreply 28August 31, 2019 4:21 AM

You're welcome.

by Anonymousreply 29August 31, 2019 12:02 PM

I heard that I Wanna Dance with Somebody was originally I Wanna Scissor with Somebody and about Kelly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30August 31, 2019 12:16 PM

[quote] "Saving All My Love For You" is a cover.

The video narrative is about her affair with Jermaine Jackson during the recording of her debut album. Jermaine was married to Berry Gordy's daughter, Hazel, at the time.

by Anonymousreply 31August 31, 2019 2:57 PM

First of all I am not a Whitney Houston fan... I am THE Whitney fan. I also work in the news & entertainment industry, with verifiable, credible sources. I firmly believe Whitney set on the path to self-destruction because of the pressures she felt prevented her from being who she truly was and openly loving whom she genuinely loved. Repression is wrong and it kills people. Whitney was was with several women, not just Robyn.

by Anonymousreply 32November 24, 2019 7:47 AM

Go on..........I'll just grab a cup of tea..............

by Anonymousreply 33November 24, 2019 8:45 AM

Whitney had that crack addict strength, so I definitely believe the story about her giving Jodie the black eye that was so bad no makeup could cover it.

by Anonymousreply 34November 24, 2019 9:01 AM

The Kelly McGillis/Jodie Foster love triangle thing was an urban myth, a fiction. Like the Richard Here gerbil story.

by Anonymousreply 35November 24, 2019 2:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!