Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

GOP Rep Steve King Has Gone Really Crazy

Says we would have less people if it weren't for incest and rape. This was part of a "no exceptions" anti-choice rant.

The gift that keeps on giving for the Democrats.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60September 6, 2019 2:49 PM

He's a creepy fug ghoul. Why the fuck would this crowded planet need even more people? And if I remember correctly isn't there an equally fug and sinister republican named Steve King?

by Anonymousreply 1August 15, 2019 1:06 AM

“Gone?”

by Anonymousreply 2August 15, 2019 1:09 AM

He’s fucking insane. His argument is beyond offensive to really just about everyone and makes not one bit of sense — all of which is fairly typical for him. If you remove rape and incest there would be no one on earth? Ummm. No. Not by a long shot you moron.

by Anonymousreply 3August 15, 2019 1:11 AM

Even awful Liz Cheney is calling for him to resign.

I mean - they took away all of his committee assignments and he's already a pariah, yet still he hangs on like a cockroach.

He's not going anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 4August 15, 2019 1:12 AM

His district is crazy conservative. They knew about his Nazi affections in 2018 and still barely reelected him.

by Anonymousreply 5August 15, 2019 1:14 AM

Does this man have a wife or daughter or granddaughter? What would his opinion on rape be if that crime happened to a family member?

by Anonymousreply 6August 15, 2019 1:15 AM

R6, if you go by his remarks (rape and incest just happen and they are necessary) he’s likely to be the perpetrator of those crimes.

by Anonymousreply 7August 15, 2019 1:21 AM

Trump could sympathize with the incest part...

by Anonymousreply 8August 15, 2019 1:43 AM

Does he really think that we have too few people on this planet?

by Anonymousreply 9August 15, 2019 1:45 AM

Who votes for this mouth breather? Seriously? Who has that little self-respect?

by Anonymousreply 10August 15, 2019 1:48 AM

When Liz Cheney comes for you, you'd do well to run. She mean.

by Anonymousreply 11August 15, 2019 1:51 AM

If Democrats were Republicans, there would already be ads on Facebook encouraging people to support the pro-incest party and tweetbots linking King to Daughter-Hump Trump.

by Anonymousreply 12August 15, 2019 1:51 AM

R12 That's the thing. Democrats have no fucking guts. If a dem had talked about dating his own daughter right wingers would never stop bringing it up as evidence of left wing degeneracy. If dems want to win this time we need to play hard and throw everything we've got instead of doing the "classy " high road routine. As we saw in 2016 high road does not work.

by Anonymousreply 13August 15, 2019 1:59 AM

But I thought that a woman's body shut down during rape so she couldn't become pregnant. Therefore, she wouldn't need an abortion. Now rape is producing too many people.

Can these cretins get one thought and stick with it?

by Anonymousreply 14August 15, 2019 2:05 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 15, 2019 2:11 AM

"Says we would have less people if it weren't for incest and rape"

You KNOW he really meant "... less white people".

by Anonymousreply 16August 15, 2019 2:36 AM

I like to come to the DL for snark and wit, but then I learn about assholes like this politican and now I just want to grab a bottle of whiskey and cry.

I'm very worried about and for the people in his district.

by Anonymousreply 17August 15, 2019 3:37 AM

It feels like the Repugs are in some kind of constant competition to see who can be the most vile, outrageous, hateful piece of shit. Thanks to Dump it's like someone turned over a rock and all these maggots started crawling out into the light.

by Anonymousreply 18August 15, 2019 3:54 AM

I get it that it’s highly unlikely that a rural district in western Iowa would elect a democrat, but isn’t there a semi-normal GOPer that could primary this loon?

by Anonymousreply 19August 15, 2019 4:51 AM

He thinks that because his father/uncle raped his mother/aunt and it runs in the family. That's why he's a cretin.

by Anonymousreply 20August 15, 2019 4:57 AM

Eeek! I just realized his district now encompasses my mother's paternal ancestral home. (Between Storm Lake and Fort Dodge). Most of my Iowa relatives are long dead or have moved elsewhere. This is a relatively new district (formed 2012). I think the legislature drew it on purpose to get a solidly Republican rural district in Iowa with some small cities as well.

by Anonymousreply 21August 15, 2019 5:02 AM

I agree with R20. His remark is an insight into the circles in which Repugs move.

by Anonymousreply 22August 15, 2019 5:24 AM

All shitty GOPers think and act alike, he's been indoctrinated into the shitty world of GOP. Nothing shocking for them. What a shithole party!

by Anonymousreply 23August 15, 2019 8:28 AM

He's been crazy and saying crazy shit for a long time, it's just that now for some reason, people are acting outraged.

by Anonymousreply 24August 15, 2019 11:10 AM

Either he's a product of rape/incest or he's a perpetrator.

by Anonymousreply 25August 15, 2019 11:29 AM

"yet still he hangs on like a cockroach."

What else is he going to do? It's not like he has any marketable skill sets.

Like most politicians, he's used to sucking at the public teat, and doesn't know of any other way to make a living.

So much for white superiority.

by Anonymousreply 26August 15, 2019 11:32 AM

"It's not the baby's fault for the sin of the father, or of the mother," Of course getting raped would be the mother's fault.

by Anonymousreply 27August 15, 2019 11:34 AM

And what about when the baby is born and has developmental issues, needs special foods, medication, etc.? Will you help the kid out then, Steve?

by Anonymousreply 28August 15, 2019 11:50 AM

^ Dunno. He might be willing to take it out behind the barn and shoot it.

by Anonymousreply 29August 15, 2019 11:54 AM

We need to find someone to trick him into showing up at an upcoming Trump rally.

Bring him on stage.

Trump is so vain, his only thought will be "Look! Another admirer! And a Congressman! I'll bring him on stage to tell everyone how great I am!"

And when his aides try and stop him he'll curse them out and bring King on stage where he will hug him harder.

by Anonymousreply 30August 15, 2019 11:55 AM

I thought his last Democratic opponent was a young former baseball player. Maybe that guy will win this time. He was kind of cute.

by Anonymousreply 31August 15, 2019 12:21 PM

If it wasn't for rape and incest, he wouldn't be in office.

by Anonymousreply 32August 15, 2019 12:26 PM

Richard Painter: Thanks to Representative Steve King for telling us all about his family tree. Ridiculous.

Steve King: 'Would there be any population of the world left' if not for rape and incest?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33August 15, 2019 12:37 PM

They need to have a cage match to the death between "legitimate rape" Todd Akin who claimed that when a woman is raped her body has a natural way to keep from getting pregnant and Steve King who apparently thinks the human race wouldn't exist without rape. The winner gets fed to the lions. Republicans be crazy.

by Anonymousreply 34August 15, 2019 1:12 PM

I spoze we only want white rapists though, not the Mexican ones

by Anonymousreply 35August 15, 2019 1:17 PM

[quote]Would there be any population of the world left if not for rape and incest?

What he means to say is there wouldn’t be any Republicans without rape and incest.

by Anonymousreply 36August 15, 2019 1:53 PM

I suppose technically he is right if you want to go back to the time we were still primitive. If you look at the Chimps rape is normal but I thought he was a Christian and didn't believe we were older than 6000 years.

by Anonymousreply 37August 15, 2019 4:03 PM

Patch:

Rape, Incest Populate Earth; 7 Other Things Steve King Has Said

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38August 15, 2019 9:58 PM

Abc:

Democrats return focus to unseating Rep. Steve King after 'rape and incest' comments

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39August 16, 2019 1:47 PM

Op, you're as dumb as Steve King. The word is: FEWER. Learn it.

by Anonymousreply 40August 16, 2019 2:17 PM

There’s a weird push in the right to legitimize and even legalize rape. It’s so Atwoodian.

by Anonymousreply 41August 16, 2019 2:48 PM

it's the only hope the incels have of getting laid

by Anonymousreply 42August 16, 2019 2:55 PM

Who votes for these people? Honestly it’s why I have no respect and nothing but disdain for anyone who votes Republican. King is emblematic of his Party. Yes we Dems have loony left wingers - but not violently evil racists. Scary insight to the average American - they are in some ways ok with people like this.

by Anonymousreply 43August 16, 2019 3:00 PM

The Bible approves. Remember when Lot's daughters got him drunk and raped him in order to save the human race?

by Anonymousreply 44August 16, 2019 3:34 PM

@joncoopertweets If @SteveKingIA holds a town hall in an auditorium and no one is around to hear him, does he make a sound?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45August 18, 2019 3:25 AM

From an anthropological perspective, his statement is not that far out there.

At one point, humankind faced a bottleneck where as few as 10,000 individuals existed. As among all mammals, I'm sure there was plenty of in-group sex that was going on.

Up to the present day, first cousin marriage is not at all uncommon among people of Middle Eastern heritage.

by Anonymousreply 46August 18, 2019 3:37 AM

R31, yes, the cute former baseball player is running again.

Here he is. Support him, bitches!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47August 18, 2019 5:54 AM

Keep in mind, this is a district that was once represented by Gopher.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48August 18, 2019 12:35 PM

R46, the issue isn't whether rape and incest once were common. He advocating for those things right now.

by Anonymousreply 49August 18, 2019 12:57 PM

The Hill:

Steve King says 'left-wing media' and GOP leadership owe him apology after rape, incest comments

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50August 18, 2019 3:22 PM

Roll Call:

Rep. King falsely claims he was misquoted on ‘rape and incest’ abortion comment

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51August 19, 2019 11:54 PM

Crazy, crazier, craziest!

by Anonymousreply 52August 20, 2019 12:16 AM

Them Iowa pork worms has done burrowed into his brain y'all

by Anonymousreply 53August 20, 2019 12:37 AM

One person attends his town hall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54August 21, 2019 1:54 AM

The Examiner:

'Actually pretty good': Steve King claims he drank from a toilet at the border

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55September 4, 2019 11:50 PM

R55: there you have it. Steve King, laying the lie to white supremacy every day he walks the face of the earth . . .

by Anonymousreply 56September 4, 2019 11:58 PM

The Hill:

Ocasio-Cortez rips Steve King after he shares video drinking from toilet-fountain hybrid at border

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57September 5, 2019 5:05 PM

[quote]Steve King, laying the lie to white supremacy every day he walks the face of the earth . . .

The very fact that he's not out saying, "I'm not superior to anyone because I'm white, look how stupid I am!" also demonstrates his inferiority.

by Anonymousreply 58September 6, 2019 2:15 AM

I wonder if he would still think the water tasted fine if someone had just taken a dump in it or sneezed all over it.

by Anonymousreply 59September 6, 2019 3:03 AM

If anyone deserves a swirly....

by Anonymousreply 60September 6, 2019 2:49 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!