Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Billie Ellish

Why is she so popular? Her single Bad Guy has been at the top of the charts for weeks. All she does is mumble. The video is gross.

She seriously scares me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99January 10, 2020 2:52 AM

I like her. Started a thread months ago. It's knowing hipster geeky emo trap clever shit sounds like made in a teen bedroom which it was, not long ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 12, 2019 4:31 AM

Because she's still better than most of the other mainstream crap out there.

by Anonymousreply 2August 12, 2019 4:34 AM

It's funny you posted this. I've been reading so much about her, that I finally downloaded the album tonight. I got only two songs into it before I gave up. I am not that familiar with the arena in which she traffics, but I just didn't hear anything special, or anything that would make me want to listen to the rest of the cd.

by Anonymousreply 3August 12, 2019 4:46 AM

Music for young people. I like her but I wouldn't listen at length or repeatedly.

by Anonymousreply 4August 12, 2019 4:47 AM

She has no talent, she is a fad.. will be forgotten in 5 years.

by Anonymousreply 5August 12, 2019 4:49 AM

So her name is Billie Eilish O'Connell, her brother is Finneas O'Connell, her dad is named Patrick O'Connell and her mother is named Maggie Baird... could anyone possibly BE any more Celtic??

by Anonymousreply 6August 12, 2019 4:52 AM

She's like the Goth sister of that "Cash me outside, How bout dah" girl! (and equally as talented)

by Anonymousreply 7August 12, 2019 4:57 AM

Well Cash me outside Danielle Bregoli (Bhad Bhabie) made almost 1 million on one endorsement contract, alone. Now, that makes an eldergay think.

by Anonymousreply 8August 12, 2019 5:45 AM

She is a mystery to me. Cool look, cool vibe... suspiciously boring music.

by Anonymousreply 9August 12, 2019 6:08 AM

Her brother writes a s produces nearly all of her music, he is working on Camila’s Cabello’s second album.

by Anonymousreply 10August 12, 2019 6:12 AM

She’s a young person so...sociopath?

by Anonymousreply 11August 12, 2019 6:16 AM

Overrated. Latest manufactured music industry plant. Total druggie. Looks like a walking Heroin syringe.

by Anonymousreply 12August 12, 2019 7:00 AM

She looks like she has mental problems.

by Anonymousreply 13August 12, 2019 7:26 AM

Has she reached number 1 or has Old Town Road kept her off?

by Anonymousreply 14August 12, 2019 7:42 AM

Look up pics of Billie when she was younger and she was your typical blonde teenybopper/dancer with a bedroom covered in Justin Bieber posters. The emo/grungy thing isn't authentic, it's just an image cooked up by her record label.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 12, 2019 7:46 AM

She still loves Justin Bieber, he's on the remix.

Here is Lisa Rinna dancing to it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16August 12, 2019 7:54 AM

Old people don't like new music! News@11

by Anonymousreply 17August 12, 2019 9:26 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18August 12, 2019 10:55 AM

[quote] Has she reached number 1 or has Old Town Road kept her off?

Can't believe that turd of a song is still no. 1. Bad Guy and Señorita are battling to throw it off.

btw, Shawn texted Billie and she ghosted him.

by Anonymousreply 19August 13, 2019 2:18 AM

Catchy fancy pop. “Singers” are just fronts. Good music producer. That’s all that matters.

by Anonymousreply 20August 13, 2019 4:10 AM

Billie finally knocked off Lil Nas and his turkey song off no. 1.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21August 20, 2019 1:50 AM

She's this year's version of Lorde, and will last about as long.

by Anonymousreply 22August 20, 2019 2:02 AM

She’s the little girl from the exorcist all grown up.

by Anonymousreply 23August 20, 2019 2:29 AM

I like her better than Lorde.

by Anonymousreply 24August 20, 2019 4:44 AM

Weird how the junior high teenagers love her. We're in for a scary future.

by Anonymousreply 25August 20, 2019 5:21 AM

She is relatable to the young masses. She has no descernible talent. Her lyrics don’t make you think, which is awesome because who wants to be distracted while talking the perfect selfie.

by Anonymousreply 26August 20, 2019 5:45 AM

[quote] She seriously scares me.

You should be euthanized.

by Anonymousreply 27August 20, 2019 5:48 AM

It’s mood music for Hot Topic aficionados; the aural equivalent of black lipstick and a zombie plushie.

by Anonymousreply 28August 20, 2019 1:00 PM

It’s fine. Young people are figuring out who they are, and I have a soft spot for girls who don’t aspire to be sex dolls. Even if they are little edgelords.

by Anonymousreply 29August 20, 2019 1:40 PM

She is a lock to play Gollum in the next Lord of the Rings.

by Anonymousreply 30August 20, 2019 1:48 PM

Congrats to her brother who wrote and produced bad guy. Is she the new whispercoo?

by Anonymousreply 31August 20, 2019 1:51 PM

Will she flame out like Lorde? Or will she stick around like Gaga?

I have a feeling that her tween fans will be rolling their eyes at her in a couple of years if not a couple of months.

by Anonymousreply 32August 20, 2019 2:00 PM

She will follow in the footsteps of Alannis Morissette. The coolest red-hot singer for a minute then fades into obscurity.

by Anonymousreply 33August 20, 2019 2:45 PM

Lame

by Anonymousreply 34August 20, 2019 2:48 PM

Billie Eyelash

by Anonymousreply 35August 20, 2019 3:29 PM

Exactly R31 . What’s interesting and impressive and talented about “Billie Ellish” , the artificial creation, is the real creator which is her brother. The music and production are good - I like them. “Singers” are mere fronts for music and production now. Wholly superficial appendages used to sell the music. The brother is very talented.

by Anonymousreply 36August 20, 2019 3:40 PM

[quote]“Singers” are mere fronts for music and production now.

Wasn't that always the case in the past? As far as I know, Bellini, Bizet, Rossini, Richard Wagner - none of them sang their songs on stage. So, of course, it wasn't the troupe of singers in their plays who wrote the lyrics they sang. And no one cared about that then. Why do we care so much about that today? Is keeping songwriting and singing separate that bad?

by Anonymousreply 37August 20, 2019 3:51 PM

That's what popular music is these days? I'm glad I'm old and stopped listening to music in 1987.

by Anonymousreply 38August 20, 2019 3:57 PM

She's ugly and angsty.

Or should that be the other way around?

by Anonymousreply 39August 20, 2019 5:18 PM

Some of you sound really old.

by Anonymousreply 40August 20, 2019 7:41 PM

She’s an industry plant.

by Anonymousreply 41August 20, 2019 7:54 PM

[quote] “Singers” are mere fronts for music and production now.

[quote] Wasn't that always the case in the past?

Not at all. Not in the 1960's- 70's when there was a rock explosion of musical creativity--- The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix, Buffalo Springfield, Jefferson Airplane, The Doors, etc. Later there was Freddie Mercury and Queen, David Bowie, Prince.

These musicians and groups were not manufactured. The star wasn't the producer. It didn't take 10 people to write their songs. These musicians wrote their own songs and they had one producer, maybe 1 or 2 songwriters. It wasn't manufactured like it is today.

by Anonymousreply 42August 21, 2019 2:31 AM

Senorita at least doesn't offend my ears. Positive vibe and appealing for young kids. Don't think open-minded parents would be too offended.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43August 22, 2019 3:44 AM

I like her music. It's really mellow, and some of it is catchy. I don't know, it's pleasant to listen to in the background and some of the lyrics are funny. She's a more commercial Lorde.

by Anonymousreply 44August 22, 2019 3:47 AM

But her voice is worse than lorde and Lorde’s voice is not anything special.

by Anonymousreply 45August 22, 2019 5:41 AM

She's a representative of today's self entitled youth, just pure TRASH.

by Anonymousreply 46August 22, 2019 5:45 AM

She is at No. 1 now.

I’m not a particular fan of her singing or her enunciation, but good for her brother. He must be proud.

by Anonymousreply 47August 22, 2019 7:01 AM

She is sort of like a Lorde meets Gaga. Don't think she has the talent of Gaga, but she'll have more staying power than Lorde.

by Anonymousreply 48August 22, 2019 7:08 AM

I thought this was another Liza thread - this one about someone names Billie Ellis.

by Anonymousreply 49August 22, 2019 7:54 AM

idontwannabeyouanymore is really only about 3/4 of a song, but it's one of the best melodies written in the last 20 years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50August 22, 2019 12:32 PM

The video would have been way better with some Meghan Trainor lookalikes instead of those bears for the fat shaming part.

by Anonymousreply 51August 22, 2019 12:44 PM

Her brother is dating doppelgänger it’s creepy as fuck!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52August 22, 2019 9:44 PM

Is she a lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 53August 22, 2019 9:56 PM

She has a song called "Wish You Were Gay" with lyrics such as:

[quote] I just wanna make you feel okay / But all you do is look the other way / I can’t tell you how much I wish I didn’t wanna stay / I just kinda wish you were gay

Draw your own conclusions.

by Anonymousreply 54August 23, 2019 12:25 AM

R54 It's ambiguous. She seems to be saying she wished a man was gay so she could get over him. But it's possible she's speaking to a girl, telling her she wished the girl was gay so they could have something with each other.

But the first interpretation is much more likely because she says she "almost" wishes the addresee was gay. So, what she means us that she almost wishes she could get over him but can't give up on him just yet.

If the addressee was a girl, she would cut the "almost" and leave it at that or replace it with something much more vehement, like "so".

That said, I don't doubt she will have a song in the future about her supposed bisexuality, since this is de rigueur for woman singers today.

by Anonymousreply 55August 23, 2019 2:15 AM

Does she have to show us her bloody nose? Next it will be snots.

by Anonymousreply 56August 23, 2019 3:39 AM

R56 She's already done that. The other week she was farting on her instagram story too.

by Anonymousreply 57August 23, 2019 8:38 PM

She is boring and overrated, her songs are forgettable.

by Anonymousreply 58August 23, 2019 9:07 PM

[quote]Or will she stick around like Gaga?

Gaga has been flopping for years before A Star Is Born.

by Anonymousreply 59August 23, 2019 9:09 PM

^^^deranged and delusional

by Anonymousreply 60August 23, 2019 11:46 PM

I can't get back to what I might thought of this at 17. Do people that age identify? The New Yorker would have us believe she's a "a queering of the hyper-feminized pop-star archetype". Idk. That can't be a new idea

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61August 26, 2019 7:33 PM

It's music guaranteed to annoy parents.

by Anonymousreply 62August 26, 2019 7:35 PM

It could be because she is a singer and has a FANTASTIC voice. IDK.

by Anonymousreply 63August 26, 2019 7:39 PM

Simon Cowell is not a fan of Billie Ellish either.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64August 27, 2019 7:05 AM

How come music has become the most puerile of the arts? Nobody expects teenage writers, painters or architects to be flawless supergeniuses, but when it comes to music they are held beyond reproach. In that respect millennials are even worse than baby boomers. Also, why do mediocre pop songs need to be written by ten people, when Beethoven could write an entire oeuvre all by himself, without the aid of even a piano.

by Anonymousreply 65August 27, 2019 8:26 AM

[quote] why do mediocre pop songs need to be written by ten people, when Beethoven could write an entire oeuvre all by himself, without the aid of even a piano

The creativity and artistry has been yanked out of the song to make sure it can make money.

Here is how a mediocre pop hit is made. I was shocked to learn it took so many people to write and produce it and that it would take months, whereas the Beatles sometimes wrote their songs in one sitting. There's something impersonal, cold and calculated about the method to create a hit (that makes money).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66August 27, 2019 9:00 AM

She’s raised Vocal Fry to a sublime Art.

by Anonymousreply 67August 27, 2019 9:11 AM

I hate her singing voice and her moody female teenage angst songs.

It's so DONE.

Hey BIllie, Lorde wants her career back.

by Anonymousreply 68August 27, 2019 12:27 PM

Youtube was forcing me to watch her ad before videos a few months back and I absolutely loathe everything about her: her fug looks, her faux "street" accent, the garbage music with nothing to say. Lorde was not my cup of tea either, but at least I could kind of understand her teenage appeal. This creature has no redeeming qualities at all.

by Anonymousreply 69August 27, 2019 12:40 PM

[quote] It's music guaranteed to annoy parents.

Exactly.

by Anonymousreply 70August 27, 2019 12:43 PM

[quote]It could be because she is a singer and has a FANTASTIC voice. IDK.

Please, recommend me a song where I can listen to this so-called fantastic voice. What I've heard thus far was just breathy mumbles.

by Anonymousreply 71August 27, 2019 1:16 PM

Her fans say she can sing great because her mumbles sound the same live lol

by Anonymousreply 72August 27, 2019 1:35 PM

R71, if you feel that way, I would not give you a recommendation. Art is art. Its about what a person enjoys. You don't enjoy her. Duly noted.

by Anonymousreply 73August 27, 2019 1:45 PM

What's to enjoy? the bitch can't sing.

She and Lana Del Overrated should do a duet.

by Anonymousreply 74August 27, 2019 1:54 PM

R74..ya. You are right. She is so bad that everyone hates her.

lol.

by Anonymousreply 75August 27, 2019 2:27 PM

There are plenty of teens (like those who play classical music) who never listen to pop music.

by Anonymousreply 76August 27, 2019 3:11 PM

R76 my lil bro is in HS and plays violin....loves classical AND current top list music.

by Anonymousreply 77August 27, 2019 3:15 PM

She's the Marilyn Manson for teenage girls who hate themselves.

by Anonymousreply 78August 27, 2019 7:20 PM

What does it even mean to be a "pop star" these days? Most of them have a much shorter life span, so to speak, these days than ever before, a couple of years in intense spotlight only to disappear from public consciousness. She's a lifestyle accessory, something to soundtrack the Twitter and Insta ramblings of those suburban girls who like to pretend that their life is, like, so hard and filled with "literal violence". You know, hard day-to-day decisions such as what app is the best one to stalk your unrequited crushes. In two years, they'll listen to something else, when those "struggles" are not taking up every moment of their bored existences.

by Anonymousreply 79August 27, 2019 8:51 PM

Her whole persona feels like manufactured, predictable shtick to me. For impressionable teens, though, she comes off as an innovative, subversive rebel. Ooh, look a nose bleed in her video, and she doesn't care! How edgy! They don't realize this act has been around in various iterations for decades. Until she's eating steaming shit directly from a dog's ass like Divine, she's just a hack.

by Anonymousreply 80August 27, 2019 8:58 PM

r80, maybe she's the teenage version of Lana Del Ray?

by Anonymousreply 81August 28, 2019 2:21 PM

R81 so she will have a nice first album and slowly go downhill afterwards?

by Anonymousreply 82August 28, 2019 2:28 PM

Yeah r82, something like that.

by Anonymousreply 83August 28, 2019 2:30 PM

She and her brother were homeschooled. It shows.

by Anonymousreply 84August 28, 2019 2:32 PM

I know she's just starting out, but she deserves to be honored at the Kennedy Center.

She's that fucking good.

by Anonymousreply 85August 28, 2019 2:32 PM

I don't get her music at all. But whatever, we all have different tastes.

by Anonymousreply 86August 28, 2019 2:33 PM

I think most her fans are (upper) middle class girls, who are going through a bit of a rough spot. Once they’re over it, they’ll either stop listening to music altogether or switch to something more bland & basic.

by Anonymousreply 87August 28, 2019 3:20 PM

Billie Eilish is more talented than just about any current musician in any genre.

by Anonymousreply 88August 28, 2019 3:22 PM

Yeah, I don't... I don't think that's right.

by Anonymousreply 89August 28, 2019 3:28 PM

She's going to peak by the time she's 20, just like Lorde did. These emo girls have very short-lived careers. They appeal to angsty teens, who quickly grow out of it and move on to something else. Lorde, Lana Del Rey, Alanis Morrisette all had one huge album and then struggled as their fanbases grew up and left them behind. To have longevity, you need to produce music that appeals to a bigger audience.

I think Billie will sweep at the Grammys next year, which will be a curse for her career. These new artists who sweep at the Grammys are never able to top that first album. It's too much success so early in their careers.

by Anonymousreply 90August 28, 2019 4:45 PM

Serious question: Do teeny boppers these days listen to both BTS and Billie Eyelash?

by Anonymousreply 91August 28, 2019 10:23 PM

Billie Eilish is a steaming piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 92August 28, 2019 10:27 PM

stolen anime art on the merch. She pulled it and refunded people at least

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93August 29, 2019 2:47 AM

She looks like the girl from The Ring.

by Anonymousreply 94August 29, 2019 1:45 PM

Does she still wear all that clothing in 100 degree weather? Why does she hide her body like that?

by Anonymousreply 95August 30, 2019 1:56 AM

She’s a vile little pig.

by Anonymousreply 96August 30, 2019 2:19 AM

R95 She doesn't want to be body shamed.

by Anonymousreply 97August 30, 2019 6:47 PM

She only hit number one because of the remix with Justin Bieber.

by Anonymousreply 98August 31, 2019 1:53 AM

Priest reacts to her videos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99January 10, 2020 2:52 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!