Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Costco great lunch deals

I started working near a Costco recently and I find myself having lunch there almost everyday now. You simply can beat $1.50 for a hot dog and drink or $2 bucks for a large piece of pizza. Great deals!

by Anonymousreply 25September 5, 2019 5:16 AM

That sounds sad on so many levels

by Anonymousreply 1August 12, 2019 2:21 AM

This is why you paid $1.75? To spread the gospel of a Costco lunch? You're dead to me, OP. Dead.

by Anonymousreply 2August 12, 2019 2:22 AM

You type fat, OP.

by Anonymousreply 3August 12, 2019 2:22 AM

The 59 cent drinks are a great deal too.

by Anonymousreply 4August 23, 2019 4:33 AM

If you ever work at Ikea, you might want to check out their cheap hot dogs too.

by Anonymousreply 5August 23, 2019 4:35 AM

That's very unhealthy food, OP, especially to have every day. Too much salt and preservatives and low quality meat.

by Anonymousreply 6August 23, 2019 4:41 AM

Hot dogs? Yikes, cancer dogs more like it...

Pizza?

If you ain't fat already...you gonna be very soon.

by Anonymousreply 7August 23, 2019 4:49 AM

And the ambiance!

by Anonymousreply 8August 23, 2019 5:04 AM

It sounds like heaven for poors!

by Anonymousreply 9August 23, 2019 6:13 AM

Costco's cheap hotdogs and pizzas are well-known. But I'm glad you found out about it, OP. Just don't eat there every day.

by Anonymousreply 10August 23, 2019 7:27 AM

Cheap pizza and hot dogs everyday is a fast track to obesity and heart problems.

by Anonymousreply 11August 23, 2019 8:37 AM

Is it me or have there been more spammers and shills lately?

by Anonymousreply 12August 23, 2019 8:44 AM

I got a Costco membership just I could eat at the food court.

by Anonymousreply 13September 1, 2019 11:14 PM

do you have a Kirkland’s layer cake for dessert, OP?

by Anonymousreply 14September 1, 2019 11:17 PM

When they used Hebrew National hot dogs I enjoyed them, but now they are tasteless but putting kraut and mustard on them makes them okay or ketchup if that's your choice. I think they have onions and relish too. Their pizza is well worth the money to fill up on but I find it tastes like plastic. I used to like the BBQ brisket sandwich but my Costco stopped carrying that. The turkey sandwich is about the healthiest option but still very, very high in sodium.

Anything is okay, but not every day. I guess if you're really young you can get away with it. I think they sell salads at the food court. It's probably not as inexpensive and still has lots of sodium if you use dressing but it should be low in fat.

All of this aside, enjoy. There are worse things you could eat like Chinese food every day.

by Anonymousreply 15September 1, 2019 11:30 PM

mmm, Chinese food every day...

by Anonymousreply 16September 1, 2019 11:46 PM

[quote]I got a Costco membership just I could eat at the food court.

If the food court is on the outside of the building (as most are), you don't need a membership to buy at the food court. Anyone can walk up and buy.

by Anonymousreply 17September 2, 2019 12:41 AM

I think even inside anyone can eat there. Just tell the person at the door you're going to the pharmacy. I think that too is open to everyone.

by Anonymousreply 18September 2, 2019 1:03 AM

I don't know if they always or still do it, but I've seen them ask for your membership card at the snack bar.

by Anonymousreply 19September 2, 2019 1:44 AM

I've never been asked. I have a card but only have to show it at the front door on the way in and at the cashier. Then again I have not been to Costco in over a year. I buy what I need from there online. I'm not lazy. I have very severe back and knee problems. Accidents are horrid things. I really don't go anywhere these days other than a small food coop.

by Anonymousreply 20September 2, 2019 1:56 AM

Too bad only the hot dog, pizza and drink are affordable. The other stuff is overpriced.

by Anonymousreply 21September 5, 2019 3:56 AM

r20 I meant at the outdoor snack bars, where you didn't have to show a membership card to get into the store to access the indoor snack bar.

by Anonymousreply 22September 5, 2019 4:08 AM

To their credit, Costco posts the calorie counts prominently. Those salads have more calories than a hot dog.

by Anonymousreply 23September 5, 2019 4:22 AM

You gonna be fat. Diabetes, high blood pressure.

Eat healthy. You don't want to be denied health insurance now, do ya? They gonna use all your prescriptions against you in underwriting. don't eat that bread which turns into sugar and kills yo pancreas

by Anonymousreply 24September 5, 2019 4:40 AM

Ok, I will admit my it, my white trash lunch indulgence. $5 Home Depot polish sausage and Doritos and a Diet Coke.

by Anonymousreply 25September 5, 2019 5:16 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!